PDA

View Full Version : Walter Football, Broncos Offseason

Tombstone RJ
06-14-2012, 07:12 PM
http://www.walterfootball.com/offseason2012den.php

They are predicting kc wins the division.

tsiguy96
06-14-2012, 07:18 PM
if you want to understand the quality of most of his analysis, consider he said this:
while right guard Chris Kuper is the best of the bunch, which is sad because he couldn't start for many teams in the NFL.

he makes some points, but idiocy like this just causes you to tune them out.

Tim
06-14-2012, 07:52 PM
"Unlike the Broncos, the Patriots understand that they need to acquire as much immediate help for their aging quarterback as possible."

DENVERDUI55
06-14-2012, 07:55 PM
There are some decent points but that article is wrote by a bronco beavis tebowner type that is bitter about the Manning signing. Then when he says the D is better suited for a 3-4 I realized this guy doesn't know this team real well.

Bronco Rob
06-14-2012, 07:57 PM
Once the Broncos fall into a hole, how soon will the fans start calling for Elway's head because he got rid of Tebow?

Hope springs eternal at walterfootball..

:thumbs:

DenverBrit
06-14-2012, 08:41 PM
It goes downhill after this: 8')

Elway refused to think heteroclitically, and thus was too stubborn to accept that Tebow could be a successful franchise quarterback in Denver.

Bigdawg26
06-14-2012, 08:54 PM
It goes downhill after this: 8')

Yeah I know! That is exactly the reason the Jets are telling him to bulk up to 250 and putting him on the punt team!

Jay3
06-14-2012, 09:25 PM
While I wholeheartedly applaud it, Walter has a man-crush on Tebow.

LRtagger
06-15-2012, 05:26 AM
Walter is one of the biggest Tebow fanboys on the internet

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 06:02 AM
There are some decent points but that article is wrote by a bronco beavis tebowner type that is bitter about the Manning signing. Then when he says the D is better suited for a 3-4 I realized this guy doesn't know this team real well.

Weren't you the one calling for front office heads at the beginning of last season? Now all the sudden anyone with some criticism is irrational.

Some people think Favre Part Deux is a big mistake. It's a valid concern. Live and let.

Boobs McGee
06-15-2012, 06:12 AM
This guy has a promising future with bleacher report.

yerner
06-15-2012, 06:35 AM
terrible

Gcver2ver3
06-15-2012, 07:17 AM
Wow...

I love tebow as much as the next man... but he does realize we have peyton manning now right?...

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 07:24 AM
Thanks for the laughs. Heterocritically?

Ray Finkle
06-15-2012, 07:24 AM
This guy has a love/hate relationship with Denver....

hell, his mock drafts are on par with the Sporting News....

CEH
06-15-2012, 07:30 AM
What a terribe article. It's all about Plan A and Denver will trout out a defense that is alot better than anything Manning had in Indy

Miller + Doom > Freeney + Mathis and Indy never had the back end Denver has now. Indy's best DB was the quality of a Porter and he's running 2nd fiddle to Bailey.

Not since EJ has Manning had a running attack like he will have in Denver and Manning consisently wins 10+ games a year

DT is about to break out and put up a monster year.

lolcopter
06-15-2012, 07:42 AM
Favre Part Deux is a big mistake.

Wat

CEH
06-15-2012, 07:49 AM
Wat

He's saying 12-4 Minnesota who got to the NFCC game with Farve (2nd in the NFL in points) was a mistake and they should have stayed with Taveris Jackson. Farve at 40 (3 years older than Manning) when he took Minny to the NFCC games. Thinks Farve at 37 is not worth it I guess

It's Tebowoner logic so I'm just guessing. Who know really what he's saying

Beej
06-15-2012, 07:57 AM
Thanks for the laughs. Heterocritically?

Hey, look again. It's heteroclitically.

BroncoBen
06-15-2012, 08:10 AM
if you want to understand the quality of most of his analysis, consider he said this:

he makes some points, but idiocy like this just causes you to tune them out.

Never heard of Walter Football... I guess its a blog ?

Hercules Rockefeller
06-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Is he the guy that thinks KC has the most talented roster in the league aside from starting QB, or was that Scott Wright at NFL Draft Countdown?

One of them has said that in the past, can't remember which one though.

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 08:50 AM
He's saying 12-4 Minnesota who got to the NFCC game with Farve (2nd in the NFL in points) was a mistake and they should have stayed with Taveris Jackson. Farve at 40 (3 years older than Manning) when he took Minny to the NFCC games. Thinks Farve at 37 is not worth it I guess

Vikes were 10-6 and won the NFC North the year before Favre arrived. In the end, they got one decent year out of Old Man Junk where he improved an already solid team. Then came the complete franchise implosion, pissing away an all-time-Elite RB's prime years on yet another rebuild.

Great teams are usually built from the ground up. Stapling an old HOF QB to a new franchise has never proven to win titles.

DENVERDUI55
06-15-2012, 08:56 AM
Weren't you the one calling for front office heads at the beginning of last season? Now all the sudden anyone with some criticism is irrational.

Some people think Favre Part Deux is a big mistake. It's a valid concern. Live and let.

Not calling for elways head but bowlens. Elway was given the garbage and had to sort through the mess. I was calling for suck for luck because I knew the only way to turn this franchise around was get a real franchise qb not a gimmick like we had. Elway agreed so why would I wanted his head.

ludo21
06-15-2012, 09:05 AM
i like walterfootball al ot for draft stuff.

Bad write up tho this one.

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 09:13 AM

:rofl:

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 09:16 AM
Vikes were 10-6 and won the NFC North the year before Favre arrived. In the end, they got one decent year out of Old Man Junk where he improved an already solid team. Then came the complete franchise implosion, pissing away an all-time-Elite RB's prime years on yet another rebuild.

Great teams are usually built from the ground up. Stapling an old HOF QB to a new franchise has never proven to win titles.

Just so we're clear, are you saying signing Manning was a mistake? What would you have done instead? And Kurt Warner took the Cards to the Super Bowl.

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 09:47 AM
Just so we're clear, are you saying signing Manning was a mistake? What would you have done instead? And Kurt Warner took the Cards to the Super Bowl.

Just as Favre to the Vikings (or Jets) was a mistake, I think signing Manning is a mistake (multiplied when it sealed ditching Tebow)

As I said over and over again at the time, I wouldda spent $20 mil a year building the franchise the right way, meanwhile seeing if the rough-around-the-edges kid had what it took. If he didn't pan out, you've got a strong young team built and waiting for the right QB.

So far, I like what I've seen from Manning. He seems to take the team concept a lot more seriously than Favre ever did. So maybe he'll prove me wrong, and I'll be happy to admit it when that day (and the trophy) comes. But at the end of the day we just maxxed out a 6-year payment plan on a car that's only going to give us 2-3 more years, tops. And if the gratification isn't instant, things get very ugly afterwards.

Moving on, Kurt Warner's not really a good example. Sure, he caught lightning in a bottle. But everyone thought he was washed up when he went to Arizona. He wasn't brought in to start. He was brought in to mentor Leinart. And he was getting paid peanuts. Leinart struggled and then got hurt, so Kurt got his shot. In his 3rd year in Phoenix, had one season for the ages (still falling short) It was amazing, with a near Hollywood ending, but it's not something you franchise-plan around.

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 09:49 AM
So you think we shouldn't have signed a hall of fame player and kept Tebow? lol

oubronco
06-15-2012, 09:55 AM

Haven't you heard he's revolutionizing the QB position :~ohyah!:

DBroncos4life
06-15-2012, 09:57 AM
Haven't you heard he's revolutionizing the QB position :~ohyah!:

Only QB I heard if on the punt team so they have a point.

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 09:58 AM
Only QB I heard if on the punt team so they have a point.

Bradlee Van Pelt was on our punt team in preseason before he was cut.

oubronco
06-15-2012, 09:59 AM
LOL they do put fullbacks on punt teams

DBroncos4life
06-15-2012, 10:00 AM
Bradlee Van Pelt was on our punt team in preseason before he was cut.

Well there's goes that!!

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 10:03 AM

I guess either you thought Kyle Orton was better than Brett Favre, or you were pounding the desk for heads to roll here in 2009.

so the laughing is mutual.

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 10:26 AM
Nope. I went back and checked.

It's a good trade for Denver. Orton is a QB with starting experience that will be a solid game manager at best and at worst a stop gap until we can get something better (Curtis Painter ;D)

And let's see the team play before we pronounce our offense "putrid". I mean good grief last time I checked Eddie Royal, Brandon Marshall, Stokely, Gaffney, Graham and our kick ass offensive line were still on the team - to say nothing about the recent RB acquisitions and guys like Hillis and Scheffler. Cutler was a huge piece but I have serious trouble believing with McDaniels's smarts (for those of you who hate him, he does actually know about offense) and what we have left, along with anyone we can find in the draft, that we're going to be so terrible that we're "putrid" on offense.

So hopefully in a few years my "Manning was a mistake" comments will look silly. But at least I'll have some consolation in not being alone. Hilarious!

Bacchus
06-15-2012, 11:01 AM
He was saying that Manning will be 75% (AT BEST) Really, how does he know what Manning is going to be? The whole article was Tebow propaganda, dud at least trying being professional and try not to sound so butt-hurt over it.

Kaylore
06-15-2012, 11:16 AM
I guess either you thought Kyle Orton was better than Brett Favre, or you were pounding the desk for heads to roll here in 2009.

so the laughing is mutual.

What are you talking about? What does Orton have to do with Favre? And how does me calling Orton a stop gap prove whatever point you're trying to make?

Popps
06-15-2012, 11:21 AM
Just as Favre to the Vikings (or Jets) was a mistake, I think signing Manning is a mistake (multiplied when it sealed ditching Tebow)

As I said over and over again at the time, I wouldda spent $20 mil a year building the franchise the right way, meanwhile seeing if the rough-around-the-edges kid had what it took. If he didn't pan out, you've got a strong young team built and waiting for the right QB.

So far, I like what I've seen from Manning. He seems to take the team concept a lot more seriously than Favre ever did. So maybe he'll prove me wrong, and I'll be happy to admit it when that day (and the trophy) comes. But at the end of the day we just maxxed out a 6-year payment plan on a car that's only going to give us 2-3 more years, tops. And if the gratification isn't instant, things get very ugly afterwards.

Moving on, Kurt Warner's not really a good example. Sure, he caught lightning in a bottle. But everyone thought he was washed up when he went to Arizona. He wasn't brought in to start. He was brought in to mentor Leinart. And he was getting paid peanuts. Leinart struggled and then got hurt, so Kurt got his shot. In his 3rd year in Phoenix, had one season for the ages (still falling short) It was amazing, with a near Hollywood ending, but it's not something you franchise-plan around.

Yeah, Warner pretty much just had one good season, huh? Lightning in a bottle?

Btw... Favre was a couple of plays from a SB, as well.

You know, I was thinking the other day... this might be the first time in recent memory that people couldn't possibly complain about our QB situation. I mean, what more could a franchise do to make the fans happy than bring in a guy like Manning... and draft an Elway-approved guy with the physical tools to be the QOTF.

But, this is the Mane, after all.

I liked Tebow. I'm not anti-Tebow, but this really isn't even worth discussion. When you can bring in Manning... you do it.

oubronco
06-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Exactly

R-Mac
06-15-2012, 11:55 AM
When the Broncos signed Manning in March:

Broncos to sign QB Peyton Manning: A Grade

I love watching Tim Tebow, and I'm upset that he probably won't get a chance to start next year. The NFL won't be nearly as exciting as it was in the second half of last season. Having said that, the Broncos made the right move. Landing a future Hall of Fame quarterback is a no-brainer for any team that doesn't have one.

The Broncos are now the unquestioned top team in the AFC West, and are certainly one of the favorites in the conference. Manning will give them a chance to win every game, even if they fall behind by a few touchdowns against the Patriots in the playoffs. That's what Manning brings to the table, assuming that he's healthy.

And now a massive contradiction:

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2012den.php

He took his team to the playoffs, and even threw for 316 yards in an opening-round victory as a massive underdog. So, what did team president John Elway do to reward this quarterback? He shipped him off for a fourth-round pick.

If there wasn't such inexplicable hatred and jealousy toward Tim Tebow in the media ranks, particularly on ESPN, Elway would have been criticized very harshly. Elway refused to think heteroclitically, and thus was too stubborn to accept that Tebow could be a successful franchise quarterback in Denver. He did, however, save face with the fans by acquiring Peyton Manning. While this would have been a guaranteed great move three years ago, it's yet unknown if this transaction will pay off.

He started to change his mind after the draft. Now, he thinks the Broncos failed to surround Manning with better weapons. Here, I can agree with him. But suddenly, he is convinced that Manning is disabled.

Also, Walter did not know that Manning had his first neck surgery in March 2010, and he probably was not 100% healthy during the 2010 season. That's why he needed more surgeries in 2011 to fix his problems.

Walter has always been a Tebow cheerleader because, as a neutral spectator, he just wants to see "an entertaining ride with late-game heroics and improbable upsets". He ignores the fact that Denver finished the season 0-3 and needed outside help to win the division. He does not care about the Broncos, so it must be fun to watch a different kind of QB that plays like Mike Alstott.

Apparently, a HoF QB does not have the right to trade a raw and unconventional QB for another HoF QB that was being pursued by several teams. Well, in March it was cool, but now it's not cool.

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 12:17 PM
What are you talking about? What does Orton have to do with Favre? And how does me calling Orton a stop gap prove whatever point you're trying to make?

Orton was the Broncos QB when Favre was on the market (after the Jets debacle) Was McD a dumbass for not going after the future HOF'er and sticking with Ortonary instead?

Or let's draw it out in steps.

Did the Vikings make the right move?
Would you have ditched Orton for Favre?
Would you have ditched Tebow for Favre?

Would you have ditched Painter for Favre? Hilarious!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

DENVERDUI55
06-15-2012, 12:44 PM

Don't worry about him he is so butthurt that tebow sucks and elway knew it it clouds his judgements and posts.

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Don't worry about him he is so butthurt that tebow sucks and elway knew it it clouds his judgements and posts.

Fun part is nothing is settled yet. Now only time will tell.

CEH
06-15-2012, 01:26 PM

SO you want Minny to stick with Tavarius Jackson who was the starter the year before?

Are we talking apples to apples.

Farve was 3 years older and hadn't been to the Super Bowl in over 10 years.
Can the same be said of Manning?

10-6 and having to play the wilcard weekend is light years behind 12-4 and getting a bye. Would Jackson have taken the next step or are you saying they would have to draft another QB? My guess is Jackson was not the answer and Minny would have had to draft/sign a QB. If they drafted one then you are wasting the prime years of Peterson anyways

You're premise is Minny was better off sticking with Tavarius Jackson
I don't think so

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 01:48 PM
SO you want Minny to stick with Tavarius Jackson who was the starter the year before?

Are we talking apples to apples.

Farve was 3 years older and hadn't been to the Super Bowl in over 10 years.
Can the same be said of Manning?

10-6 and having to play the wilcard weekend is light years behind 12-4 and getting a bye. Would Jackson have taken the next step or are you saying they would have to draft another QB? My guess is Jackson was not the answer and Minny would have had to draft/sign a QB. If they drafted one then you are wasting the prime years of Peterson anyways

You're premise is Minny was better off sticking with Tavarius Jackson
I don't think so

This year's champs, oh and those Warner Cards were both 9-7. And as I've said before, the Packers championship squad was 10-6 and fighting for their lives their last two games of the season. Once you get in, that's when you see where you're really at.

I didn't know much about TJ at the time. I know my main Vikes fan friend was totally unhappy with the Favre move (until later when the winning started) To this day he won't tell me if he thinks it was worth it in hindsight.

But TJ was starting to not look so bad at the end of '08, and I thought the run into the playoffs gave a lot of their fans some hope.

So just like now, with both the Jets and Vikes, I think fan opinions varied.

Except we'd just gone from Suck for Luck to knocking off the AFC Champs in the course of 10 weeks or so, so I think it's probably a little more heated (besides it being Tim Tebow)

Irish Stout
06-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Orton was the Broncos QB when Favre was on the market (after the Jets debacle) Was McD a dumbass for not going after the future HOF'er and sticking with Ortonary instead?

Or let's draw it out in steps.

Did the Vikings make the right move?
Would you have ditched Orton for Favre?
Would you have ditched Tebow for Favre?

Would you have ditched Painter for Favre? Hilarious!

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The Vikings made the right move in the wrong way. They put all of their chips on Favre, but ultimately he got them to the NFC Championship game and almost to the super bowl. Favre was semi-retired (again). It took the Minnesota coach several trips to Mississippi and the ability for Favre to skip all of training camp to get him there. If Favre had been more readily available on the open market, then yes, McD should have gone for him over Orton... but Orton was the guy that came to us in a trade and was under contract and appeared to be a serviceable QB for a year or two.

Favre was a bigger question mark than Manning because no one knew if Favre even wanted to play.

Tebow for Favre? You know we drafted Tebow AFTER Favre officially called it quits. So that would have been a terrible idea. Unless you're suggesting that we should have somehow made a deal where we would never have had Tebow to have Favre in the 2009 season instead... again, might have been a good idea if it would have given us a chance at ultimate success.

You're argument calls for too many intangible hypotheticals.

BroncoBeavis
06-15-2012, 02:01 PM
The Vikings made the right move in the wrong way. They put all of their chips on Favre, but ultimately he got them to the NFC Championship game and almost to the super bowl. Favre was semi-retired (again). It took the Minnesota coach several trips to Mississippi and the ability for Favre to skip all of training camp to get him there. If Favre had been more readily available on the open market, then yes, McD should have gone for him over Orton... but Orton was the guy that came to us in a trade and was under contract and appeared to be a serviceable QB for a year or two.

Favre was a bigger question mark than Manning because no one knew if Favre even wanted to play.

Tebow for Favre? You know we drafted Tebow AFTER Favre officially called it quits. So that would have been a terrible idea. Unless you're suggesting that we should have somehow made a deal where we would never have had Tebow to have Favre in the 2009 season instead... again, might have been a good idea if it would have given us a chance at ultimate success.

You're argument calls for too many intangible hypotheticals.

The whole thing is one big hypothetical. And McD was sniffing around Matt Cassell for crying out loud. Let's not pretend he was above inquiring as to whether Brett's 16th annual "retirement" was for real this time.