PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Minicamp - Day Two and Three

pricejj
06-14-2012, 07:47 AM
2nd session of 11-on-11's from Wednesday's practice (Dmac on 104.3 the Fan (http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1623)) transcript:
Manning No-Huddle:
1st play - slight overthrow to Jacob Tamme
2nd play - Manning to Tamme, great connection, crossing pattern
3rd play - to Decker, a tight small window completion down the right sideline over Champ, go route
4th play - a deep throw, bullet to Demaryius Thomas down the left sideline, go route
5th play - bullet to Jason Hill, right in his hands, dropped
Final play - play action pass completion to Matthew Willis across the middle, crossing pattern

Dmac (on 104.3 the Fan) -
1. "You will know Jacob Tamme. You will know Joel Dreessen."
2. "Brandon Stokley is always open, and always catches the ball."
3. "The Offense had precision, with the ball in small windows, defense did not play bad, good coverage, great plays, great passes."
4. Rahim Moore back with the 1st team. They are giving him a real legit shot.
5. Dennis Allen beat down Rahim Moore mentally last year... cursed a ton at him "Get over there you dumb bleep bleep bleep".
6. Richard Smith (LB coach) was also tough on Von Miller last year.
7. "Freaky athletic demonstration by Von Miller today" according to Dmac. Ran with Mcgahee down the field step-for-step for 40 yards...barely dropping the interception.
8. Watching Peyton Manning coach the coaches... "Manning corrected Adam Gase, often tellling him what to do in a red-zone drill. Very unique for an NFL QB to do that. Not even John Elway would correct the coaches."
9. Drayton Florence was working in as the Nickle CB.
10. They say that "Manning is RUNNING THE OFFENSE".
11. Most impressive practice from a QB that Dmac has ever seen (in 12 years of going to Broncos practice). "There were a couple drops. There were some passes that were jaw-dropping awesome moments."

Jacob Tamme (on 104.3 the Fan, with Drew and Scott) - Offense is "getting close"...

John Fox - "Tom Moore is a very wise football coach, and a personal friend."

pricejj
06-14-2012, 07:53 AM
I know I posted this in the "day one" thread, but I don't think anybody got a chance to see the information.

Thanks to Dmac for giving the lowdown of what happened. His description is the best I've seen from day 2 of minicamp. All of Denver's media is there, and all they have been giving is sporadic tweets.

SoCalBronco
06-14-2012, 08:01 AM
Thanks for the update. Good to see the offense getting into a groove

Bacchus
06-14-2012, 08:14 AM
I have seen references where Stokley is always open and Decker can never get separation.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-14-2012, 08:17 AM
I know this has been said a hundred different ways, but its gonna be so surreal watching Peyton do his thing in Broncos colors. I can't wait to watch him be annoying at the line of scrimmage. It needs to be sept, now....screw the summer.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 08:28 AM
Jeff Legwold (from Tom Moore article (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20843946/guest-at-denver-broncos-minicamp-very-familiar-peyton) in the Denver Post) -

"When it comes to what the Broncos' offense will look like with Manning at quarterback, Moore said the possibilities are "really endless." He said Manning can seamlessly move within a playbook that included the power formations the Broncos used last season when they were the NFL's top rushing team and the spread formations Manning played with in Indianapolis."

Having Tom Moore at Minicamp for the last 2 days, while the Offense is being formed, is tremendous. I hope McCoy is soaking up the knowledge.

Kaylore
06-14-2012, 08:34 AM
Jeff Legwold (from Tom Moore article (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20843946/guest-at-denver-broncos-minicamp-very-familiar-peyton) in the Denver Post) -

"When it comes to what the Broncos' offense will look like with Manning at quarterback, Moore said the possibilities are "really endless." He said Manning can seamlessly move within a playbook that included the power formations the Broncos used last season when they were the NFL's top rushing team and the spread formations Manning played with in Indianapolis."

Having Tom Moore at Minicamp for the last 2 days, while the Offense is being formed, is tremendous. I hope McCoy is soaking up the knowledge.

They mentioned he is not there as adviser but more as a guest. While I'm sure they talk football with him, I don't think they are "picking his brain."

cmhargrove
06-14-2012, 09:54 AM

This is starting to become more and more apparent. I think we are definitely out to copy some of the New England dual threat TE offense. It's going to be very interesting to see who racks up the most TD's for us this year, it looking like Tamme might be that guy.

Lestat
06-14-2012, 10:05 AM

doubt he's there to talk football with the coaches, more to give Peyton a more comfortable feeling. i know McCoy has a good chunk to learn but the guy isn't as bad as people keep making him out to be.

TheReverend
06-14-2012, 10:13 AM
The Von "freaky athletic display" was disappointing (regarding the writers not Von's performance)... He's way faster than an old McGahee. Hell, he can probably cover Decker like that. So that description is a little over the top...

pricejj
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
The Von "freaky athletic display" was disappointing (regarding the writers not Von's performance)... He's way faster than an old McGahee. Hell, he can probably cover Decker like that. So that description is a little over the top...

Those are Dmac's words, not mine. You are right, Miller should be able to cover RB's and TE's.

bfoflcommish
06-14-2012, 10:36 AM
Pete Prisco‏<S>@</S>PriscoCBS
As I leave Denver I do so more impressed with Broncos than I thought I would be

Bmore Manning
06-14-2012, 10:41 AM

This is starting to become more and more apparent. I think we are definitely out to copy some of the New England dual threat TE offense. It's going to be very interesting to see who racks up the most TD's for us this year, it looking like Tamme might be that guy.

Two tight end sets is a staple of the Indy play book the past decade...

pricejj
06-14-2012, 10:44 AM

You are exactly right. New England copied it from Manning's Offense.

cutthemdown
06-14-2012, 11:04 AM
2 TE are great if they can play. If not it's double suck.

Rabb
06-14-2012, 11:11 AM
2 TE are great if they can play. If not it's double suck.

So good players are good to have, bad players aren't?

Solid.

BroncoMan4ever
06-14-2012, 11:18 AM

i think it is going to play out like this at the end of the season

Decker has most receptions
DT has most receiving yards
Tamme has most receiving TDs

Lestat
06-14-2012, 11:35 AM

yep, began with Pollard and Clark when Clark was a rookie i believe. even before then it was Pollard and another TE who's name escapes me at the moment.

HooptyHoops
06-14-2012, 11:36 AM

Nah, Tamme most receptions
DT with the most TD's and yardage

BroncoMan4ever
06-14-2012, 11:48 AM
Nah, Tamme most receptions
DT with the most TD's and yardage

Decker has been glued to Manning since he got here. Decker is going to have a monster breakout year.

cutthemdown
06-14-2012, 11:48 AM
So good players are good to have, bad players aren't?

Solid.

No that's not what it means dickhead. It means that if you have 2 good players and they are TE then 2 TE sets are a good idea. But if you have two average ones, or 2 below avg ones, all you are doing is putting 2 skill players out their who can't make plays.

Tamme and Dressen may be good but we don't know much yet. If we had stud TE like NE then I would be more optimistic.

Bacchus
06-14-2012, 11:56 AM

Thomas will have the most receiving yards and catches. Tamme will be second. Decker will catch about 45 balls this year.

underrated29
06-14-2012, 11:57 AM
I think Dressen has the better year than tamme tbh

Bacchus
06-14-2012, 11:58 AM
Decker has been glued to Manning since he got here. Decker is going to have a monster breakout year.

I have heard multiple times that Decker has a hard time getting open. I heard this about him last year as well. I think Tamme, Thomas and Stokley or whoever the slot guy is will have more receptions than Decker this year.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 12:03 PM
No that's not what it means dickhead. It means that if you have 2 good players and they are TE then 2 TE sets are a good idea. But if you have two average ones, or 2 below avg ones, all you are doing is putting 2 skill players out their who can't make plays.

Tamme and Dressen may be good but we don't know much yet. If we had stud TE like NE then I would be more optimistic.

You are right, it's always about matchups. Who can win consistently in single-coverage, and who won't? I think Tamme is better than Hernandez as a move TE. Gronkowski, is obviously a record-breaking freak of nature at in-line TE. Dreessen is looking more like a WR these days, it will be interesting to see how effective he is blocking for the run at in-line with his lighter weight. If he is effective, than our TE's are going to be extremely dangerous.

Rabb
06-14-2012, 12:33 PM

I get what you are trying to say here, just felt you worded it poorly. Thanks for the name calling though, classy as always.

BroncoMan4ever
06-14-2012, 12:36 PM
Thomas will have the most receiving yards and catches. Tamme will be second. Decker will catch about 45 balls this year.

barring injury i'd be willing to wager that Decker catches a minimum of 75 this season.

he had over 40 catches last year with a mediocre QB and a fullback throwing him the ball.

an additional 35+ is not a stretch with a QB who can throw the ball effectively

MABroncoFan
06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
I saw a tweet that said Steven Johnson is running as 2nd team MLB, w/ Nate Irving on the strongside 2nd team. I assume WW on the weakside.

BroncoMan4ever
06-14-2012, 12:46 PM
I have heard multiple times that Decker has a hard time getting open. I heard this about him last year as well. I think Tamme, Thomas and Stokley or whoever the slot guy is will have more receptions than Decker this year.

Decker is fine, i hate the amount of crap the guy gets. how many guys honestly look good in practice or games going against Champ? with Decker's size there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to get open.

I honestly think the breakdown with receptions will be something like this

Decker - 80 receptions for about 1000 yards and 6 TDs
DT - 70 receptions for about 1200yards and 6 TDs
Tamme - 60 receptions for about 700 yards and 8 TDs
Dreesen - 40 receptions for about 500 yards and 3 TDs
Stokley - 30 recptions for about 300 yards and 2 TDs

everyone else - 70 receptions for about 800 yards 7 TDs putting Peyton in line for a season total of about 350 completed passes, 4500 yards, 32 TDs

cmhargrove
06-14-2012, 12:49 PM

Since I haven't followed Indy closely, what was their best year of production from dual TEs? I know Clark had monster years, but did they also have a #2 TE that was putting up good numbers at the same time?

socalorado
06-14-2012, 01:14 PM
Decker is fine, i hate the amount of crap the guy gets. how many guys honestly look good in practice or games going against Champ? with Decker's size there is no reason why he shouldn't be able to get open.

everyone else - 70 receptions for about 800 yards 7 TDs putting Peyton in line for a season total of about 350 completed passes, 4500 yards, 32 TDs

Holy ****balls!
Thats a nice season right there!

ppablo
06-14-2012, 01:17 PM

I like this! If this is the case, I'll be a happy broncos fan this year drinking lots of beer

Dexter
06-14-2012, 01:20 PM

Good analysis. I might be the only one, but I really think that Dreesen gets more receptions and touchdowns than Tamme.

BroncoBeavis
06-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Since I haven't followed Indy closely, what was their best year of production from dual TEs? I know Clark had monster years, but did they also have a #2 TE that was putting up good numbers at the same time?

We talked about this before. Basically the only time Indy ever saw any production out of two tight ends it was because Clark was hurt and out of the game.

If Peyton's past is prologue, it doesn't hold much promise for two TE sets.

underrated29
06-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Good analysis. I might be the only one, but I really think that Dreesen gets more receptions and touchdowns than Tamme.

Yup. I agree 100% with you.

Lets not also forget that Joel is a solid blocker which means he could be the 3 down type TE and not just passing. With the way manning audibles, goal line looks and the fact that we go against some solid teams who can pass rush I think Joel gets more PT and thus will get more receptions and tds.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 01:41 PM

Ben Utecht (37 receptions) was the in-line TE in 2006, when the Colts won the SB. Dallas Clark was out part of the year, was just beginning to realize full utilization in the Colts Offense, and was a focal point in the SB win. You also need to realize that the Colts had Marvin Harrison (95 catches) and Reggie Wayne (86 catches).

When Clark was having monster years, the Colts were using a slot WR instead of a 2nd TE...and their running game sucked because of it.

I think Dreessen can fill a similar role to Utecht. Dreessen is a far more dangerous weapon though, having had 6 TD's last year, in only 10 starts.

BroncoBeavis
06-14-2012, 01:42 PM
Guys, look at 2010. Jake Tamme had 0 receptions through 6 games, not coincidentally the 6 games Dallas Clark played.

Every one of Tamme's receptions came when Clark was done for the season. And there was no other meaningful production out of any other TE that year.

In 2009, Tamme had 3 receptions for 35 yards. All year. Why? Because Dallas Clark was on the field all year.

One TE will rule them all. Guessing that'll be Tamme. But the whole TE-tandem thing ain't happening. At least not as far as receiving goes.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
We talked about this before. Basically the only time Indy ever saw any production out of two tight ends it was because Clark was hurt and out of the game.

If Peyton's past is prologue, it doesn't hold much promise for two TE sets.

Beav, due to the success that NE has had using the same type of personnel that the Colts won the SB with in 2006. I would venture to say that Manning (and many other teams) will be going back to that formula.

No-huddle is the key to Manning's dominance.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Guys, look at 2010. Jake Tamme had 0 receptions through 6 games, not coincidentally the 6 games Dallas Clark played.

Every one of Tamme's receptions came when Clark was done for the season. And there was no other meaningful production out of any other TE that year.

In 2009, Tamme had 3 receptions for 35 yards. All year. Why? Because Dallas Clark was on the field all year.

One TE will rule them all. Guessing that'll be Tamme. But the whole TE-tandem thing ain't happening. At least not as far as receiving goes.

The Colts used Austin Collie (WR) in the slot instead. But their run game was the worst in the NFL. Manning now realizes the importance of a good running game...which is why he needs a 2nd TE.

Having a 2nd TE is much more effective (than a WR) blocking in the running game, and a mismatch on against the Defense in the passing game. You can't guard him with a CB (too small) or an LB (too slow).

BroncoBeavis
06-14-2012, 01:59 PM
The Colts used Austin Collie (WR) in the slot instead. But their run game was the worst in the NFL. Manning now realizes the importance of a good running game...which is why he needs a 2nd TE.

Having a 2nd TE is much more effective (than a WR) blocking in the running game, and a mismatch on against the Defense in the passing game. You can't guard him with a CB (too small) or an LB (too slow).

I'm not saying they won't use a second TE. Just saying that, like my wife of many years, he won't be seeing any balls but once every few weeks. :)

pricejj
06-14-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm not saying they won't use a second TE. Just saying that, like my wife of many years, he won't be seeing any balls but once every few weeks. :)

Hilarious!

lonestar
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM

Just guessing here but if no one knows his name he was not putting up big numbers.

IIRC they ran loads of spread with WR. So that would in itself limit the number of time Double TEs are usEd.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 02:08 PM
LB Mays giddy about finally intercepting Manning (http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19353475)
55 minutes ago - by Andrew Mason, cbssports.com

"A week after MLB Joe Mays lamented that he had yet to snatch a Peyton Manning pass during OTAs, he picked one off in the end zone during a red-zone drill, snagging a pass that was tipped by fellow LB D.J. Williams. "It felt great. Even though it wasn't his pass into my hands, it still counts," Mays said. S Rahim Moore also intercepted Manning during the final minicamp session Thursday."

pricejj
06-14-2012, 02:28 PM
Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
"Asked who stood out in minicamp, Elvis Dumervil pointed to DT Sealver Siligia and "a bunch of guys in the secondary." #Broncos"

Smiling Assassin27
06-14-2012, 02:29 PM
in before massive meltdown about manning's INT's.

Hercules Rockefeller
06-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Never should have traded Tebow

prunch
06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Lindsay Jones twitter feed from today

https://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos

Here are the last photos you'll see of the #Broncos practicing till training camp on July 25: http://bit.ly/KKBdW3
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
34m Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
Still working. Fox said he expects Prater to be at camp RT @b_sanch_76: any word on Prater? Or still working on it?
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
49m Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
Receivers still adjusting to Peyton Manning http://dpo.st/MDuayX #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
1h Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
Blog: AFC West rundown: Dennis Allen, not Al Davis, now in charge of Raiders defense http://dpo.st/MSZIFj #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
John Fox warns Broncos to stay in shape during summer vacation http://dpo.st/KYCwXv
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Texans give extensions coach Gary Kubiak, GM Rick Smith http://dpo.st/LXpUeY
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
2h Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
Fox's message to players: "Come back in the best shape of their life." #Broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Elvis is fired up. Dumervil: "There are a bunch of guys that are fighting their [butts] off, competing." #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Asked who stood out in minicamp, Elvis Dumervil pointed to DT Sealver Siligia and "a bunch of guys in the secondary." #Broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
I see you @mdotadams20 RT @Presto89: @PostBroncos ha ha nice photo http://yfrog.com/nvo24whuj
View photo
Reply Retweet Favorite
3h Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
Photos: Denver Broncos Mini Camp on Thursday June 14, 2012 http://dpo.st/LXcXBE #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
4h Lindsay Jones ‏@PostBroncos
Osweiler makes most of limited reps in goal line drill with a nice fade TD to his ASU teammate G Robinson. #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Joe Mays can get that plaque now - intercepts a pass off Manning in the end zone. Pass tipped up by DJ Williams. #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Hanie getting the second QB reps, followed by Weber and Osweiler. Hanie and Weber have been alternating. #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Defense holds in first 2 min drill s no huddle offense. Drive ends with 3 incompletions, inc a nice pbu by florence #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
I'll say this, training camp one on ones of D Thomas vs Champ are sure going to be fun to watch #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Drayton Florence the third CB today, not Chris Harris #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Same attendance report for #broncos: no prater; Kuper and J thomas out with injuries.
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Another day for Rahim Moore at first-team safety with Mike Adam. #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
Players have a conditioning test/evaluation after practice today. Media not allowed to watch it #broncos
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite
#broncos offensive line. Love listening to Dave magazu. http://pic.twitter.com/CPxNR9BQ
View photo
Reply Retweet Favorite
#broncos defensive line drills, Elvis Dumervil http://pic.twitter.com/kKH4ArFN
View photo
Reply Retweet Favorite
#broncos minicamp full squad http://pic.twitter.com/QdSbuouS
View photo
Reply Retweet Favorite
Here we go, last day of minicamp #broncos http://pic.twitter.com/G4fjuCyY
View photo

BroncoBeavis
06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Hilarious!

Don't laugh. That's only when the UPS guy makes a delivery.

Cmac821
06-14-2012, 02:43 PM
^that is a mess to read

ghwk
06-14-2012, 03:14 PM
^that is a mess to read

And yet I did, sort of like eating potato chips. I couldn't stop and there was very little nutritional value.

cutthemdown
06-14-2012, 03:16 PM
I get what you are trying to say here, just felt you worded it poorly. Thanks for the name calling though, classy as always.

Whatever you dismissed my post as if I was an idiot. What do you expect a thank you card?

s0phr0syne
06-14-2012, 03:23 PM
"Asked who stood out in minicamp, Elvis Dumervil pointed to DT Sealver Siligia and "a bunch of guys in the secondary." #Broncos"

Meh. Looking through the pictures, there's no pads so I'm assuming these were all non-contact practices?

If that's the case, how the $*C* does a DT stand out? It's cool to get props from a teammate, but in this case I'm wondering how much it's really worth.

cutthemdown
06-14-2012, 03:25 PM
So football outsiders claims DJ playbook tweet shows DJ playing the SAM linebacker in the base formation? Can anyone say if DJ and Miller have switched positions or something?

Punisher
06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Nice insight Thanks everybody

pricejj
06-14-2012, 03:30 PM
So football outsiders claims DJ playbook tweet shows DJ playing the SAM linebacker in the base formation? Can anyone say if DJ and Miller have switched positions or something?

It's not the base formation...It's the basic 4-3 Under (with Von rushing) that we used last year. Basically, a 5-2 formation. Maybe D.J. plays SAM and WW/Trevathan? plays WILL.

The bad part about it, is it shows that we are always in man coverage...and always in man-under coverage if the RB comes out of the backfield on the strong-side. If I am an opposing Defensive Coordinator, I would always run the RB out to the strongside flat...guarantees single-coverage on both WR's. Porter better be good in man.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 03:40 PM
I think it's pretty interesting that Steven Johnson is the back-up MLB, and Nate Irving is backup SAM. That basically concludes the hopes of some of you guys that Irving would somehow supplant Mays at MLB. Irving isn't going to get ANY pt behind Von. Back-up LB for life, kinda like Mario Haggan

....although it could just be a mini-camp tryout (for Johnson) for the practice squad.

cutthemdown
06-14-2012, 03:42 PM
It's not the base formation...It's the basic 4-3 Under (with Von rushing) that we used last year. Basically, a 5-2 formation. Maybe D.J. plays SAM and WW/Trevathan? plays WILL.

The bad part about it, is it shows that we are always in man coverage...and always in man-under coverage if the RB comes out of the backfield on the strong-side. If I am an opposing Defensive Coordinator, I would always run the RB out to the strongside flat...guarantees single-coverage on both WR's. Porter better be good in man.

Woodyard I would think would still be above the rookie but maybe that kid going to be a good find. I read a little further on football outsiders and they are still saying that we are switching from a 3-4, so then i was like well they are like a yr behind maybe they aren't seeing it right.

It just sort of seemed like DJ also was saying i am learning a new position. But maybe like you said its only to cover for a blitzing miller.

good stuff though, can't wait to watch some football.

Tombstone RJ
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
I saw a tweet that said Steven Johnson is running as 2nd team MLB, w/ Nate Irving on the strongside 2nd team. I assume WW on the weakside.

Very, very interesting...

cutthemdown
06-14-2012, 03:43 PM
Meh. Looking through the pictures, there's no pads so I'm assuming these were all non-contact practices?

If that's the case, how the $*C* does a DT stand out? It's cool to get props from a teammate, but in this case I'm wondering how much it's really worth.

Probably don't need pictures. Its all non contact in mini camps and otas now. I don't think they hit full speed until training camp.

Tombstone RJ
06-14-2012, 03:47 PM
I think it's pretty interesting that Steven Johnson is the back-up MLB, and Nate Irving is backup SAM. That basically concludes the hopes of some of you guys that Irving would somehow supplant Mays at MLB. Irving isn't going to get ANY pt behind Von. Back-up LB for life, kinda like Mario Haggan.

yah, suprising. Oh well, this wouldn't be the first time the Broncos have been wrong about a LBer, especially at MLB. The Broncos scored big time on Al Wilson and then bombed on the guy from KSU they drafted when Al was up for a new contract.

Requiem
06-14-2012, 03:50 PM
Not a MethWolfe sighting yet? Arooooooooo! (The Howler's Call)

LetsGoBroncos
06-14-2012, 03:53 PM
yah, suprising. Oh well, this wouldn't be the first time the Broncos have been wrong about a LBer, especially at MLB. The Broncos scored big time on Al Wilson and then bombed on the guy from KSU they drafted when Al was up for a new contract.

Terry Pierce

pricejj
06-14-2012, 03:55 PM

Don't look now....but he is behind you.

Gave you the shivers right? :)

DBroncos4life
06-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Beav, due to the success that NE has had using the same type of personnel that the Colts won the SB with in 2006. I would venture to say that Manning (and many other teams) will be going back to that formula.

No-huddle is the key to Manning's dominance.

NEs success? They beat one team above. 500 and got expossed yet again by the Giants in the SB.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 04:08 PM
NEs success? They beat one team above. 500 and got expossed yet again by the Giants in the SB.

You're right. The Patriots do suck...

...but, they have averaged +32 ppg the last two seasons with '21' personnel (2 WR's, 2 TE's, 1 RB), so they must be doing something right.

DenverBrit
06-14-2012, 04:10 PM

http://loldrugs.com/sites/loldrugs.com/files/methwolf.jpg

DBroncos4life
06-14-2012, 04:21 PM
You're right. The Patriots do suck...

...but, they have averaged +32 ppg the last two seasons with '21' personnel (2 WR's, 2 TE's, 1 RB), so they must be doing something right.

They are scoring lots of points great for them.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Meth is so 2000. Todays choice are bath salts.

Lestat
06-14-2012, 04:41 PM
hooray our starting MLB snagged a INT. might be the last time ever.

CEH
06-14-2012, 04:49 PM
What's Showshown running 5th string? I think R Moore will open up at FS opposite Adams when TC starts in July

We will need some ballhawks if Plan A comes to fruition

Lestat
06-14-2012, 05:04 PM
What's Showshown running 5th string? I think R Moore will open up at FS opposite Adams when TC starts in July

We will need some ballhawks if Plan A comes to fruition

isn't Adams mostly a FS type? i know Moore is a FS and Carter a SS.
so how would Adams and Moore start together in TC?

CEH
06-14-2012, 05:08 PM
isn't Adams mostly a FS type? i know Moore is a FS and Carter a SS.
so how would Adams and Moore start together in TC?

Just like they are starting now in minicamp. Moore ran with the first team team all day no rotation with Carter. Adams is the other starting S

pricejj
06-14-2012, 05:29 PM
What the heck happened to the 'Broncos Minicamp - Day Three 6/14/12' thread? Did a mod delete it?

Lestat
06-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Just like they are starting now in minicamp. Moore ran with the first team team all day no rotation with Carter. Adams is the other starting S

not sure i would look at that as permanent though. there is a lot going on in mini camp that won't likely stick in TC. Warren backing up Siliga,Manny Ramirez as a starting OG, etc. i know Adams is flexible but i'm not sure i see to FS starting in the same defensive backfield.

BroncoMan4ever
06-14-2012, 06:55 PM

I think Dreesen is the better player but Tamme's history with Peyton is why I think he has the bigger year

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 07:03 PM
They are scoring lots of points great for them.

Yeah, and if they had a better defense, don't you think they would be damn near unbeatable?

Seriously...if you wouldn't take NE's recent offense, and then add on whatever defense you could muster up, you're nuts. Their D is what has been holding them back. The O usually fires on all cylinders, and that is more cylinders than any team not named Saints or Packers.

Broncobiv
06-14-2012, 07:07 PM

Who said Denver will be running a carbon-copy of what the Colts have historically run with Manning at the helm? Is it not possible that we might run a slightly different offensive scheme? I don't think you can predict this year's game-plan solely on what the Colts used to run.

DBroncos4life
06-14-2012, 07:15 PM
Yeah, and if they had a better defense, don't you think they would be damn near unbeatable?

Seriously...if you wouldn't take NE's recent offense, and then add on whatever defense you could muster up, you're nuts. Their D is what has been holding them back. The O usually fires on all cylinders, and that is more cylinders than any team not named Saints or Packers.
Hey NE did beat up some sub .500 teams last year. They looked awesome against Balt and the Giants last year didn't they? 'Don't get me wrong they are good they just don't play anyone good ever and when they do I'm not wowed.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 07:16 PM
1. Broncos ran the No-Huddle again today, picked up right where they left off.
2. Not as crisp, but still good
3. Completions went: Decker, Decker, Tamme, Caldwell (according to Dmac)
4. Tom Moore was in attendance again today
5. Rahim Moore ran with the 1's, and got an int
6. Osweiler is throwing the ball well
7. Irving at back-up SAM.
8. DT's are going to be much better than you think (according to Big Al)
9. Dumervil says Siliga had the best camp
10. Even though Harris is playing with the 1's a little, it's leaning more towards Franklin (according to Dmac)

Bigdawg26
06-14-2012, 07:20 PM
Is it just me, but it's seem weird to hear about our QB passing the ball and hitting our WR's in stride! Good to see Rahim Moore getting his confidence back because he clearly lost it later in the year.

pricejj
06-14-2012, 08:59 PM
John Fox (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFO_Y9ism0E&feature=youtu.be) says the Offense has been completely installed.

Ziggy
06-14-2012, 09:42 PM
1. Broncos ran the No-Huddle again today, picked up right where they left off.
2. Not as crisp, but still good
3. Completions went: Decker, Decker, Tamme, Caldwell (according to Dmac)
4. Tom Moore was in attendance again today
5. Rahim Moore ran with the 1's, and got an int
6. Osweiler is throwing the ball well
7. Irving at back-up SAM.
8. DT's are going to be much better than you think (according to Big Al)
9. Dumervil says Siliga had the best camp
10. Even though Harris is playing with the 1's a little, it's leaning more towards Franklin (according to Dmac)

Big Al sucks at spotting talent. He raved about how good Jarvis Moss was going to be for 2 years.

BMarsh615
06-14-2012, 10:04 PM
Big Al sucks at spotting talent. He raved about how good Jarvis Moss was going to be for 2 years.

He also raved about Von Miller before the draft.

Even guys who get paid to make personnel decisions are lucky to get 50% of their picks right.

Blueflame
06-15-2012, 01:26 AM
What the heck happened to the 'Broncos Minicamp - Day Three 6/14/12' thread? Did a mod delete it?

My bad... I had a brain fart and mistook it for a dupe of this thread and merged the two threads. Won't happen again... sorry.

pricejj
06-15-2012, 07:41 AM
My bad... I had a brain fart and mistook it for a dupe of this thread and merged the two threads. Won't happen again... sorry.

:rofl: thanks! It all worked out. :thumbs:

Dutch
06-15-2012, 08:09 AM
And yet I did, sort of like eating potato chips. I couldn't stop and there was very little nutritional value.

Hilarious! That nearly made my drink come out of my nose...perfect description!

lonestar
06-15-2012, 11:33 AM

The reason Clark got the action is because he is the better of the two by far.

Whoever has the hot hand will be mannings guy. Odds are it is Tamme only because manning knows him better. And Tamme knows mannings tells.

Trying to pontificate on who will get the throws now is a WAG.

lonestar
06-15-2012, 12:36 PM

Most folks hate NE because they are better than DEN and have been since about 2000 but then most teams have been.

The more mature fan can wrap their head around other great TEs out there and not believe it is because of "cheating".
They fail to recognize that Tanahan did his share in the money aspect. All great coaches have their dark side.

Kraft put together the organization that pAt should have but failed when he gave Tanahan all he authority and no real GM to stop him from screwing the team up.

Because of this most immature fans fail to acknowledge that NE surpassed us in talent and coaching after all the HOF talent retired.

Is Bill trying to win on O alone sure and he will pay for it. You have to have some semblance of a balanced team O and D. Add a decent ST coach and talent and that is what wins rings.

Pat finally got it and hired Elway to oversee the transformation.

Now it is a matter of time till our defense matures and the kiddies all over the team mature. We should be something special after one more off season building depth.

baja
06-15-2012, 01:10 PM
I predict we will have a "special" season this year. I say 10 to 11 wins and an appearance in the AFCC game. By the end of the season we will be playing at a very high level. If we avoid the injury bug this is going to be a very fun season. The AFC West will be better across the board but the Broncos should win the division. We might even have a wild card team come out of the AFC West.

TheReverend
06-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Good post but you're missing the most important variable, bud. I actually talked to a head coach about this this morning (a team that has solid TE depth but a great set of receivers. And he's a former TE too so he wants to try and incorporate them more but having a hard time justifying it)

Putting an extra TE on the field generally means yanking a receiver. 3 wide, 1 tight and a single back was a staple for the Colts and with good reason considering the production Manning got out of Wayne/Garcon/Collie.

If you're gonna sub your slot with Tamme, he needs to be able to play Y-open (TE flexed out) as well as your slot and exploit those mismatches.

Here's what helps Dreesen.. Our WRs aren't special... At all

Cito Pelon
06-15-2012, 05:15 PM

Decker has good straightline speed, but I think he's a little shaky making precise cuts to get open on his routes. We saw this last year, he rounds off his routes. Maybe he'll get a little more polished this year.

BroncoMan4ever
06-15-2012, 05:26 PM
Decker has good straightline speed, but I think he's a little shaky making precise cuts to get open on his routes. We saw this last year, he rounds off his routes. Maybe he'll get a little more polished this year.

I think the route running was a problem with all our receivers. With no passing game the receivers got lazy. Hell, DT said he wasn't all that in shape last season because of the offensive style and complete lack of a passing game.

pricejj
06-15-2012, 05:33 PM
Could anybody who doesn't think the Broncos are going to play both Tamme and Dreessen a majority of the time, please explain why they would have signed both in Free Agency at $3M and $3.5M per year? Especially considering they are the 4th and 5th highest paid players on Offense behind Manning, Clady, and Kuper?

Anikai
06-15-2012, 05:34 PM
not even thinking about Decker. DT is going to have a Godzilla sized year.

Cito Pelon
06-15-2012, 05:36 PM

Well, it's minicamp though. Pretty much just f'ing around. I'm sure they WANT Moore to grab a starting job since they drafted him high, and are putting him in position to grab the job if he performs. We'll see if Moore and Irving can actually take starter status.

DBroncos4life
06-15-2012, 05:50 PM
Could anybody who doesn't think the Broncos are going to play both Tamme and Dreessen a majority of the time, please explain why they would have signed both in Free Agency at $3M and $3.5M per year? Especially considering they are the 4th and 5th highest paid players on Offense behind Manning, Clady, and Kuper?

Not sure if this is right.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/

pricejj
06-15-2012, 06:09 PM
Not sure if this is right.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/denver-broncos/yearly/

Yeah, I just looked at that...it doesn't count their signing bonuses. I guess Dreessen's deal is only $8.5 over 3 years (but their still 4th and 5th highest paid on the Offense).

Anikai
06-15-2012, 06:20 PM
a little ot but I bought a pack of cards for $15 with a huge % that there would be rookie autograph in there. I got Jacob Tamme auto. I was like pssshhh! whodafuq? I put it in a box somewhere and have been looking for it since he blew up in my fantasy league a couple years back.

Bacchus
06-15-2012, 08:38 PM
I predict we will have a "special" season this year. I say 10 to 11 wins and an appearance in the AFCC game. By the end of the season we will be playing at a very high level. If we avoid the injury bug this is going to be a very fun season. The AFC West will be better across the board but the Broncos should win the division. We might even have a wild card team come out of the AFC West.

It's a brutal schedule. I predeicted 9-7 and AFC Champ winners. They could still go to the AFC Championship game.

lonestar
06-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Yeah, I just looked at that...it doesn't count their signing bonuses. I guess Dreessen's deal is only $8.5 over 3 years (but their still 4th and 5th highest paid on the Offense).

Does anyone here think moreno will see these number over the next 3 years?
Knowshon Moreno 855,000 1,700,000 5,080,000 UFA

ahahahahahahaha

lonestar
06-15-2012, 10:25 PM
It's a brutal schedule. I predeicted 9-7 and AFC Champ winners. They could still go to the AFC Championship game.

after looking at the schedule, initally I thought 7-9 would be lucky..

just maybe if the rookies come on strong and we have Zero injuries you might be right..

Will make a better prediction after TC and last week of pre season..

g6matty
06-22-2012, 05:44 PM
price JJ i kno u asked me to tweet cecil about caldwell and i did heres his response

Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey
@g6matty nope, although personally I like Decker in the slot, Bubba is fearless over the middle, but not a No2

cutthemdown
06-22-2012, 05:55 PM

They are quite different players. Dressen better at being an inline TE and will probably not see the slot like Tamme will. You could see Tamme become the 3rd or 4th WR, in the slot, with Dressen remaining inline to help with protection.

pricejj
06-23-2012, 04:12 AM
price JJ i kno u asked me to tweet cecil about caldwell and i did heres his response

Cecil Lammey ‏@cecillammey
@g6matty nope, although personally I like Decker in the slot, Bubba is fearless over the middle, but not a No2

You are the coolest Bronco fan on the history of the planet. ^5

Sweet, looks like we have a million slot WR's, plus DT. I know cecil has been pimping Decker in the slot (which I tend to agree with, although I like a slot TE like Tamme there better). A lot is riding on Decker's ability to effectively play on the outside. :sunshine:

Thanks bro!

pricejj
06-23-2012, 04:20 AM
They are quite different players. Dressen better at being an inline TE and will probably not see the slot like Tamme will. You could see Tamme become the 3rd or 4th WR, in the slot, with Dressen remaining inline to help with protection.

Yeah, for sure...

I was just giving more evidence to prove that the Broncos will probably be using '12' personnel a majority of time ...and only using '21' personnel in short yardage or goal line situations (like Elway said).

g6matty
06-23-2012, 07:15 AM
You are the coolest Bronco fan on the history of the planet. ^5

Sweet, looks like we have a million slot WR's, plus DT. I know cecil has been pimping Decker in the slot (which I tend to agree with, although I like a slot TE like Tamme there better). A lot is riding on Decker's ability to effectively play on the outside. :sunshine:

Thanks bro!

ya no problem sorry it took me a while to get back to u. usually he goes on tweeting sprees so i was waiting to catch him in the middle of one to make sure he'd see my question.

i think decker will be ok on the outside he gets to go against top competition in practice and hes been making plays through out mini camp.
manning is building a really good relationship with him so most of his catches will come from very good timing and route running, even if decker doesnt have top end speed

pricejj
06-23-2012, 09:08 AM
ya no problem sorry it took me a while to get back to u. usually he goes on tweeting sprees so i was waiting to catch him in the middle of one to make sure he'd see my question.

i think decker will be ok on the outside he gets to go against top competition in practice and hes been making plays through out mini camp.
manning is building a really good relationship with him so most of his catches will come from very good timing and route running, even if decker doesnt have top end speed

If Decker can get open and come up with clutch catches, instead of dropping them like last year, we're in business. :sunshine:

ozomulsion
06-23-2012, 12:51 PM

If Dreesen is slimmed down and has that half TE half WR hybrid thing going on. It sounds like they're getting him ready for the Dallas Clark role. Sounds like more yards, higher YPC and maybe more TDs. You never know how the Redzone situation will settle itself.