PDA

View Full Version : Dallas

spdirty
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qOZBnIhRF9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tonight on TNT. Hope it lives up to what I hope it is. And hope good ole JR is as fun as he always was.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I'll give it an episode, but honestly... I'm not terribly optimistic.

Wish they'd start coming up with new ideas again. The original was groundbreaking; this seems like more of the same.

cutthemdown
06-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Who ya got? JR or Bobby? All you liberals can pull for lil John Ross to not pump oil and go green. LOL this show will be great to watch in between real shows like Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. But its not competing with them, its more like 90210 with oil, but its better then fake reality.

I've met people who write for reality tv, as we already know its staged, but its worst then you even you think. I'll take campy Dallas reboot over staged reality shows. But Obviously a campy sex/backstabbing drama like Dallas can't compete with Game of Thrones.....oh wait that is sex/backstabbing to. Hmmm me thinks it will be a hit, at least for TNT standards.

cutthemdown
06-13-2012, 05:46 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qOZBnIhRF9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tonight on TNT. Hope it lives up to what I hope it is. And hope good ole JR is as fun as he always was.

I saw a line where bobbys wife says I never imagined someone could be so cruel JR! He laughs and tells her she better work on her imagination then honey! LOL, i think he will be worst then ever.

spdirty
06-13-2012, 07:14 PM
I saw a line where bobbys wife says I never imagined someone could be so cruel JR! He laughs and tells her she better work on her imagination then honey! LOL, i think he will be worst then ever.

JR is the man. I suggested to my wife that we name our son JR and she nearly slapped me.

spdirty
06-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Wish they'd start coming up with new ideas again. The original was groundbreaking; this seems like more of the same.

They are. There's a lot of good TV on now.

Nothing wrong with reviving a golden oldie making Jon Ross and Christopher the new JR and Bobby and making JR and Bobby the new Jock and Miss Ellie. As long as it doesn't suck.

cutthemdown
06-13-2012, 07:43 PM
They are. There's a lot of good TV on now.

Nothing wrong with reviving a golden oldie making Jon Ross and Christopher the new JR and Bobby and making JR and Bobby the new Jock and Miss Ellie. As long as it doesn't suck.

Its actually pretty rare to restart a series. Essentially this is season 15 after 20 plus yrs being off the air. They pick up storyline right where it would be in the timeline.

Had they just cast a new Jock, a new JR and Bobby and tried to Hawai five 0 it then it would be more typical.

Tombstone RJ
06-13-2012, 08:04 PM
and not a single schat was given....

ColoradoDarin
06-13-2012, 08:11 PM
Reason #453 that I ditched DirecTV and hardly watch anything that the regular antenna picks up anyways.

spdirty
06-13-2012, 09:43 PM
Well I enjoyed the hell out of it. Hope JR steals south fork and gets all that oil.

lonestar
06-13-2012, 10:08 PM
have only seen the first part and so far dirty double dealing seems to be on par with the orginal theme.. JR was my hero way back, not so sure now..

ZONA
06-14-2012, 02:55 AM
I recorded it and gonna give it a shot. Don't have high hopes for it but it could be fun for a bit.

Can't wait for 9/30 when Homeland returns for 2nd season. As much as I have loved Dexter throughout all the seasons, season 1 of Homeland was the most I have ever enjoyed a 1st season of any series. Incredible writing, excellent characters, drama is supreme. Gotta give Shameless season 1 a vote also, what a cool frickin series that is.

El Guapo
06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
I recorded the first two episodes, but I'm more inclined to delete than watch.

I recorded it and gonna give it a shot. Don't have high hopes for it but it could be fun for a bit.

Can't wait for 9/30 when Homeland returns for 2nd season. As much as I have loved Dexter throughout all the seasons, season 1 of Homeland was the most I have ever enjoyed a 1st season of any series. Incredible writing, excellent characters, drama is supreme. Gotta give Shameless season 1 a vote also, what a cool frickin series that is.

This. I knew filming was starting back up in the spring, but I haven't looked for a start date. Heck yeah! :strong:

Crushaholic
06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
Dallas was on Fridays, and I always had Cub Scout meetings. I missed a lot of the original series, including the infamous "Who Shot J.R?" episode. I watched last night's premiere. Yes, it was overdramatic. But, it's a soap opera. I think it will be solid escapist entertainment. It won't make me think, like Mad Men or Homeland. It will be a way (albeit a slight way) to catch up on the old Dallas craze. If the guys continue to make it a habit to go shirtless, I might have to rethink watching the new Dallas...:rofl:

Irish Stout
06-14-2012, 10:54 AM

Homeland made me feel things. Great show. Hard to watch but impossible to turn away from.

Ray Finkle
06-14-2012, 11:35 AM
any man that watches this needs to have his teeth slapped out of his mouth....

El Guapo
06-14-2012, 12:15 PM
I recorded the first two episodes, but I'm more inclined to delete than watch.

This. I knew filming was starting back up in the spring, but I haven't looked for a start date. Heck yeah! :strong:

Yup, just deleted them without watching. I love this city, but that doesn't mean I have to watch the soap opera.

Beantown Bronco
06-14-2012, 12:17 PM
any man that watches this needs to have his teeth slapped out of his mouth....

This.

I was about to ask for a review of this week's episodes of Days of our Lives and General Hospital.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-14-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm conditioned to hate Dalls the show because it meant the end of the Dukes of Hazzard episode.