PDA

View Full Version : Jim Rome Stern slapfest

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Rome asks a question a lot of people want to ask Stern. Stern follows it up with a bag of mess.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8048426/nba-commissioner-david-stern-radio-host-jim-rome-get-lottery

Smiling Assassin27
06-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Stern's gotta keep his composure, man. There's something to be said for just repeating the company line rather than freestyling it. At worst, he should just say, 'Jim, er Chris...let's move on to a topic worthy of discussion.' ;)

HorseHead
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
good for Rome for asking..as much as it pains me to say..rack him..

Garcia Bronco
06-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Very unprofessional on Jim Rome's part.

RhymesayersDU
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM
Yeah Stern came off very poorly here.

I don't believe the NBA is fixed, I defend Stern/The League all the time, but for better or worse it IS a legitimate question.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 01:16 PM

Ya I think both instigated each other. But Rome is just a radio host. Stern is a commissioner of a Pro Sport. He's gotta keep his composure.

ColoradoDarin
06-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Stern: "Listen, I gotta go call somebody important like Stephen A. Smith back. He's next."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

bombay
06-13-2012, 01:22 PM
It is a legitimate question, although I can't listen to Rome.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-13-2012, 01:26 PM
It is a legitimate question, although I can't listen to Rome.

Ha! He tends to go off on a subject and repeat it like 20 times. I bet hes still talking about the "smack off" fix allegations.

bombay
06-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Ha! He tends to go off on a subject and repeat it like 20 times. I bet hes still talking about the "smack off" fix allegations.

My primary issue with him is that he has to be a contortionist to kiss his own ass the way he does.

55CrushEm
06-13-2012, 01:38 PM
LOL

Rome is a ****ing tool. And, yes, the NBA is fixed.

ColoradoDarin
06-13-2012, 01:39 PM
What's legitimate about the question? Does anyone actually believe that even it the lottery was fixed, Stern it going to cop to it? No, Rome just used a cheap debate tactic (what a surprise coming from him....), Stern didn't come off well either and could have handled it better, but I can't stand the NBA or him.

RhymesayersDU
06-13-2012, 02:09 PM
LOL @ the last two dummies.

StugotsIII
06-13-2012, 02:23 PM
It was a legit question answered with a legit answer.....file this under who gives a ****.

DBroncos4life
06-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Why doesn't the NBA show the ball drawing live?

LetsGoBroncos
06-13-2012, 02:28 PM

Cause it's fixed

DBroncos4life
06-13-2012, 02:33 PM
Cause it's fixed

Pretty much the only reason not too. I think they should have to call the NBA
"sports-entertainment" like the WWE.

bronco militia
06-13-2012, 02:34 PM
http://cdn.crooksandliars.com/files/movieimages/2009/12/11127.jpg?key=1260519186

Kaylore
06-13-2012, 02:34 PM
The Lottery is totally fixed and the officiating is pretty jacked up too.

Shananahan
06-13-2012, 03:41 PM
Stern: "Listen, I gotta go call somebody important like Stephen A. Smith back. He's next."

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Yeah this was good.

Turd_Ferguson
06-13-2012, 04:28 PM
What's legitimate about the question? Does anyone actually believe that even it the lottery was fixed, Stern it going to cop to it? No, Rome just used a cheap debate tactic (what a surprise coming from him....), Stern didn't come off well either and could have handled it better, but I can't stand the NBA or him.

Its legitimate because its something that is a hot topic. Its something that fans are talking about. Its something that people call into sports radio about constantly. I don't particularly like Rome, but I heard this live, and it was not a cheap debate tactic... In fact he asked the question in a way that made it easy for Stern to laugh it off as conspiracy crap, and yet Stern decided to act like a fool on live radio, and went into attack mode against a guy widely known to thrive on stupid **** like this... Nice PR move Stern, you played right into Rome's hands and he didn't even have to try. Who should have more composure Shock Jock radio personality, or the man that runs one of the four major sports in America??

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-13-2012, 05:02 PM
There's a legit way of asking the question too. Rome opted for something else.

Rome is a toolbucket.

KipCorrington25
06-13-2012, 05:54 PM
Stern's ultra defensive response leads me to believe it really is fixed, which I always have believed since the Knicks got Ewing (the first year of the lottery of course).

chickennob2
06-13-2012, 06:17 PM
A petty fight between two guys that no one likes. ok.

cutthemdown
06-13-2012, 06:23 PM
Stern is totally dirty. He feels he needs to engineer league parity and I wouldn't be surprised if the fix was in. The NBA is like the mafia of organized sports.

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 06:30 PM
Cause it's fixed

Have we learned nothing from the fine film, Lucky Numbers?

OrangeSe7en
06-13-2012, 06:41 PM
There's been all kinds of shady stuff with the draft. Here are just a couple:

1985- NY Knicks win the first pick and the right to draft Patrick Ewing in the very first draft lotto.

2008- Bulls, with less than a 4% chance, win the first pick of the draft when the top player in the draft, conicidentally, is Derrick Rose, who is also from Chicago.

maher_tyler
06-13-2012, 06:42 PM

:kiddingme

I don't see anything wrong with the question...

DENVERDUI55
06-13-2012, 07:05 PM

They used to but it is BS that they don't now.

cutthemdown
06-13-2012, 07:37 PM

Turns out hiring the mind freak to fool us live is was more expensive then just saying how it turned out lol. It's fixed. Sterns response is that of a guilty man who thinks he will never get caught. So you get adversarial about it. I think he would laugh and joke about it if it was just freak fate. Stern strikes me as a man who is really gorging on his power like a lil piggy.

Shananahan
06-13-2012, 07:57 PM
:kiddingme

I don't see anything wrong with the question...
It would be unprofessional if Rome were a journalist or somebody held to any kind of standard. He's not and he isn't, though.

cousinal11
06-13-2012, 08:14 PM
Rome is expected to ask the iffy questions, Stern is the CEO of the National Basketball Association. Always thought Stern was a d bag, this only proves the point.

Also, the Lottery is fixed. Think about how much more ratings they would get for the Lottery show if we saw it live.

cutthemdown
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Rome is expected to ask the iffy questions, Stern is the CEO of the National Basketball Association. Always thought Stern was a d bag, this only proves the point.

Also, the Lottery is fixed. Think about how much more ratings they would get for the Lottery show if we saw it live.

They probably don't fix it every yr. But I think they have, and did again this year.

Bigdawg26
06-13-2012, 08:24 PM
Rome is a piece of $**t. It was VERY unprofessional for him to ask Stern a question that he obviously knew how Stern was going to take it. He seems to be part of that Howard Stern type radio host where he says things just to get ratings with very little substance. It's just to anger enough people just to they can listen. I have the same problem with Cowherd, but at least he's professional enough not to ask off the wall questions like that!

TDmvp
06-13-2012, 08:30 PM
Jeez I thought I was going to listen to that and come away not liking Rome , but it was totally opo.

Stern is a D bag for going there .

pricejj
06-13-2012, 08:49 PM
Stern paid/is paying refs to fix games. Donaghy proved it. That's why I hate the NBA. Screw Stern. Just watch a Nuggets game vs. a bigger market opponent in the playoffs, and you know what's up.

Good job Rome.

DBroncos4life
06-13-2012, 09:20 PM

This year was the first time I watched it in ages and was what the heck is this crap. I remember how cool it was to see the balls like a real lottery when I was younger. Now you can tell its rigged.

maher_tyler
06-14-2012, 06:55 AM
Rome is a piece of $**t. It was VERY unprofessional for him to ask Stern a question that he obviously knew how Stern was going to take it. He seems to be part of that Howard Stern type radio host where he says things just to get ratings with very little substance. It's just to anger enough people just to they can listen. I have the same problem with Cowherd, but at least he's professional enough not to ask off the wall questions like that!

How? He asked a question we all want to know. I don't think there was anything wrong with the question. Stern asks if he's still beating his wife and Rome is the one thats unprofessional, awesome!

By Stern's reaction..we can only assume that its true!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-14-2012, 07:10 AM
I just loved how Rome got all pouty about it. "I am taking that personally. I would never try to rile anyone up with a question."

Rome, you built your career out of A) calling Jim Everett "Chris" and B) getting knocked out of your chair for it. Oh, and having a bunch of mindless DERPtards that hang on your every word.

"CLONES. Are you looking for the BEST colonic? I. Have. News. For you. Right now, when YOU visit ABColonic.com and enter the password CLONES, I make $.30 for you purchasing a piece of plastic that I endorse because they pay me. Now. is. the. time. Buy the only Colonic endorsed by me, Jim Rome. Out."

Bacchus
06-14-2012, 08:16 AM
Did anyone hear it live? I could have sworn Stern asked Rome if he still beats ladies.

Bacchus
06-14-2012, 08:18 AM
I found a transcript. Stern asked Rome, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Wow, that is classy for the Commissioner of the NBA.... NICE!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/david-stern-asks-jim-rome-stop-beating-wife-202222756--nba.html

Oh, I get it now.

Stern's remark — the textbook example of a loaded question (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question), intended to suggest that the subject has been asked a question he cannot answer without incriminating himself — came in response to a question asked by Rome about public perception that the NBA had rigged the 2012 NBA draft lottery to ensure that the New Orleans Hornets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nor) came away with the No. 1 overall selection, despite having fewer chances at the top prize than the Charlotte Bobcats, Washington Wizards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/was) and Cleveland Cavaliers heading into the proceedings.

Growing up we always used to ask someone if their mother ever caught them jacking off in the closet? Same premise.

broncocalijohn
06-14-2012, 08:30 AM

Didnt know there was a allegation to the smack off. Then again, I haven't heard one since the 1990s probably. Rome must have been getting too mature for his own self as I read the transcripts from the interview. Rome kept his composure and continued with the interview while Stern acted like the old Romey. His loaded question was completely unfair. Does Stern think this couldnt have happened like crooked refs? Oh wait, that did happen. Lucky for me, basketball is behind baseball, football and hockey on sports I care about.

55CrushEm
06-14-2012, 08:55 AM
LOL @ the last two dummies.

LOL @ you......the NBA sucks.

RhymesayersDU
06-14-2012, 08:59 AM
LOL @ you......the NBA sucks.

Oh........ Does........ It......??

RhymesayersDU
06-14-2012, 09:02 AM
Stern paid/is paying refs to fix games. Donaghy proved it. That's why I hate the NBA. Screw Stern. Just watch a Nuggets game vs. a bigger market opponent in the playoffs, and you know what's up.

Good job Rome.

Shocker, a guy who copied an article and then whined like a 13 year old girl when it in turn got copied whines about officiating.

Is there any time in your life you aren't a ball less whiner?

Spider
06-14-2012, 09:04 AM
NBA fixed like boxing

StugotsIII
06-14-2012, 09:30 AM
NBA fixed like boxing

Spider said it….must be true.

DBroncos4life
06-14-2012, 10:10 AM
Shocker, a guy who copied an article and then whined like a 13 year old girl when it in turn got copied whines about officiating.

Is there any time in your life you aren't a ball less whiner?

So why didn't they draw the balls live?

Irish Stout
06-14-2012, 10:19 AM
I found a transcript. Stern asked Rome, "Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Wow, that is classy for the Commissioner of the NBA.... NICE!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/david-stern-asks-jim-rome-stop-beating-wife-202222756--nba.html

Oh, I get it now.

Stern's remark — the textbook example of a loaded question (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loaded_question), intended to suggest that the subject has been asked a question he cannot answer without incriminating himself — came in response to a question asked by Rome about public perception that the NBA had rigged the 2012 NBA draft lottery to ensure that the New Orleans Hornets (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/nor) came away with the No. 1 overall selection, despite having fewer chances at the top prize than the Charlotte Bobcats, Washington Wizards (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/was) and Cleveland Cavaliers heading into the proceedings.

Growing up we always used to ask someone if their mother ever caught them jacking off in the closet? Same premise.

I asked the same thing of crazyhorse when he asked his loaded question about Manning a couple weeks ago. He thought I was dropping family smack.

Bottom line - the question should be asked of Stern, but Rome did it in a poor fashion. It could have and should have been phrased like: "A lot of my listeners have claimed the NBA draft lottery is fixed. Would you like to respond to those concerns?" Then if Stern flips out its completely on him being a d bag.

BroncsCheer
06-14-2012, 10:25 AM
Typical ambush hype generation by Rome - not surprised by that. He puffed up real quickly when Stern popped back at him - also expected.

I'm surprised by Stern's reaction to the initial question. I can understand his reaction, but surprised by his spin filter being out of batteries or something when he got on the phone.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-14-2012, 10:43 AM
I asked the same thing of crazyhorse when he asked his loaded question about Manning a couple weeks ago. He thought I was dropping family smack.

Bottom line - the question should be asked of Stern, but Rome did it in a poor fashion. It could have and should have been phrased like: "A lot of my listeners have claimed the NBA draft lottery is fixed. Would you like to respond to those concerns?" Then if Stern flips out its completely on him being a d bag.

Or how about, "Is the lottery fixed, Commissioner?" "No? Then why not have it out in the open?" You'd likely get the expected answer and maybe the one thing everyone actually wants to know. And then you move forward from there.

You know, but to expect that out of Rome, you'd have to expect him to be anything but a ****ing blowhard ****-stirrer, which he is not and has never been.

"How long have you been fixing blahblahblah" isn't a way to get anything but a reaction.

Rome is a piece of ****. Stern is a piece of ****. Why choose between them?

Mile High Salute
06-14-2012, 11:23 AM
Yeah Stern came off very poorly here.

I don't believe the NBA is fixed, I defend Stern/The League all the time, but for better or worse it IS a legitimate question.

Stern's just an a-hole - he always responds in that absurd manner whenever someone questions his league. It's legitimate, and props to Rome for asking the question. The league has no business owning the Hornets, and it creates a massive conflict of interest. First it was nixing the Chris Paul trade with the Lakers when they were giving the Hornets a better offer than the Clippers were. Now the Hornets get the #1 pick, which naturally appears suspicious since they are owned by the league. And it has happened in the past. Remember the conspiracy theory of the league freezing the envelope so the Knicks could get Patrick Ewing?

The other thing that irks me is Stern's heavy handed responses whenever someone questions the officiating in any way, shape, or form. It has been proven since the days of MJ that stars get all the calls, home teams usually get the calls, as well as teams from big markets. There was Game 6 of the 2001 Lakers-Kings series where the Kings infamously got robbed, then the 2006 Finals where D-Wade kept getting to the line with minimal or even no contact to keep Mark Cuban from winning a title. (I think Dallas just "fouled" him AGAIN. :notthissh) All this with a referee (Tim Donaghy) who admitted to fixing games. I love the NBA, but it would be so much better if Stern fixed some of the problems in his league instead of ignoring them and acting like a complete d-bag whenever someone brings them up.

On the plus side, I read earlier today that Stern wants to put rules in place to reduce flopping next year, so that would be a welcome change. Although it would probably end the career of Manu Ginobili and keep Miami from ever making it to the Finals again. Hilarious!

Bacchus
06-14-2012, 11:31 AM
Everyone knows the NBA is a rigged game. How else would you explain the Nuggets never winning a NBA Championship?

RhymesayersDU
06-14-2012, 11:38 AM
So why didn't they draw the balls live?

I have no idea why they don't.

But what I do know is that every team witnesses it live, and independent auditors Ernst & Young oversee it all, as do members of the media.

If you're telling me it's fixed and nobody out of that group of people sys anything about it, there's nothing I can say to change your mind. If the answer was as simple as you make it out to be, don't you think somebody would have thought of that before today? Or are you some super genius and the rest of the world all stupid?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Everyone knows the NBA is a rigged game. How else would you explain the Nuggets never winning a NBA Championship?

Ha!

I'm sure Kings fans thought this back in a 4th Quarter in 2002.

mnfan
06-14-2012, 12:44 PM
I didn't believe in a conspiracy before, but the fact that Stern was completely unable to maintain composure leads me to believe there is some substance here.

DBroncos4life
06-14-2012, 02:47 PM
I have no idea why they don't.

But what I do know is that every team witnesses it live, and independent auditors Ernst & Young oversee it all, as do members of the media.

If you're telling me it's fixed and nobody out of that group of people sys anything about it, there's nothing I can say to change your mind. If the answer was as simple as you make it out to be, don't you think somebody would have thought of that before today? Or are you some super genius and the rest of the world all stupid?

Explain away that ref that is in jail now.

RhymesayersDU
06-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Meaning what, exactly?

stopgap
06-14-2012, 11:20 PM
On the plus side, I read earlier today that Stern wants to put rules in place to reduce flopping next year, so that would be a welcome change. Although it would probably end the career of Manu Ginobili and keep Miami from ever making it to the Finals again. Hilarious!

This was supposed to be addressed before. Nothing happened.

Not sure why RhymesayersDU wants to defend such a broken league as long as Stern is around.

RhymesayersDU
06-15-2012, 05:11 AM
This was supposed to be addressed before. Nothing happened.

Not sure why RhymesayersDU wants to defend such a broken league as long as Stern is around.

See that's the thing, all I'm saying is it's not fixed.

Is flopping a problem? Yes. **** yes. Could officiating be better? Yes. A LOT better.

Would I like to see both these problems addressed? Resoundingly YES.

But that doesn't mean it's fixed. Check out the NBA thread, there are pages of this exact argument in there. There's a difference between bad and fixed.

And it's not a "broken league." That's a laughable statement. There may not be a ton of NBA fans on this board, but ratings are up across the board this year. The talent level is high, the playoffs have been fantastic. Room for improvement with flopping, etc? Sure. But again, all I'm saying is it's not fixed.

maher_tyler
06-15-2012, 05:55 AM
I didn't believe in a conspiracy before, but the fact that Stern was completely unable to maintain composure leads me to believe there is some substance here.

Exactly. Why take a low blow when he could have taken a much higher road and just said "No, why would you ask such an absurd question". Usually when people get mad when asked a question, there is some sort of guilt involved...

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-15-2012, 06:14 AM
Exactly. Why take a low blow when he could have taken a much higher road and just said "No, why would you ask such an absurd question". Usually when people get mad when asked a question, there is some sort of guilt involved...

It wasn't a serious question. It was a question designed to illicit a response from the person being asked. That's Rome's entire schtick. Invite person to program. Ask stupid, leading question. Get knocked out of chair by Jim Everett.

It's dirty pool. Ask a **** question, act appalled when you get a **** response.

Bigdawg26
06-15-2012, 06:43 AM
How? He asked a question we all want to know. I don't think there was anything wrong with the question. Stern asks if he's still beating his wife and Rome is the one thats unprofessional, awesome!

By Stern's reaction..we can only assume that its true!

You tell me what Stern should have said then? You think he's going to say on national radio "O yeah we rigged the lottery... We do it all the time!" C'mon man you can see that question was just to piss Stern off, and to get ratings for his joke of a show. That is just poor taste and lack of professionalism. He does that all the time, and it's really hard to listen too. He just a real douche bag.

RhymesayersDU
06-15-2012, 06:55 AM
LOL @ "he does it all the time."

No, he doesn't.

maher_tyler
06-15-2012, 06:59 AM
It wasn't a serious question. It was a question designed to illicit a response from the person being asked. That's Rome's entire schtick. Invite person to program. Ask stupid, leading question. Get knocked out of chair by Jim Everett.

It's dirty pool. Ask a **** question, act appalled when you get a **** response.

I like Rome...i tend to gravitate towards people that don't give a **** what others think and don't act all politically correct just so you don't hurt someones feelings. If you know how Rome is going into the interview, don't do the interview. Maybe it was/wasn't a serious question, the NBA is a joke...most likely just trying to prove once and for all that Stern is a douche bag...and that its rigged!

RhymesayersDU
06-15-2012, 07:13 AM
More dumb rationale, only on the OM!

Bigdawg26
06-15-2012, 07:27 AM
I like Rome...i tend to gravitate towards people that don't give a **** what others think and don't act all politically correct just so you don't hurt someones feelings. If you know how Rome is going into the interview, don't do the interview. Maybe it was/wasn't a serious question, the NBA is a joke...most likely just trying to prove once and for all that Stern is a douche bag...and that its rigged!

My only thing is that what did Rome actually think would come out of that question? You can't tell me he honestly thought he would get politically correct answer from a d**b @$$ question. That's his thing though. He trys to act out of line questions to people to see how they react to get rating. You can act all bad @$$ during an interview if you want, but you can't pout and get mad when something ask you a dumb question back. It just seems like he was probing to tick off Stern, and when Stern flipped it back on him he got upset. Don't diss it if you can't take it!

maher_tyler
06-15-2012, 07:46 AM
My only thing is that what did Rome actually think would come out of that question? You can't tell me he honestly thought he would get politically correct answer from a d**b @$$ question. That's his thing though. He trys to act out of line questions to people to see how they react to get rating. You can act all bad @$$ during an interview if you want, but you can't pout and get mad when something ask you a dumb question back. It just seems like he was probing to tick off Stern, and when Stern flipped it back on him he got upset. Don't diss it if you can't take it!

I can agree with that.

broncocalijohn
06-15-2012, 10:18 AM
See that's the thing, all I'm saying is it's not fixed.

Is flopping a problem? Yes. **** yes. Could officiating be better? Yes. A LOT better.

Would I like to see both these problems addressed? Resoundingly YES.

Don't forget the dribbling problem..or 'lack of a dribble' problem.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-15-2012, 10:42 AM
Stern does not like sweeps...he doesnt care who wins the series as long as it goes more than 4 games...that KD shot in the final minute, whether Lebron fouled him or not, that was getting called in the Spurs series, so Thunder players are expecting the whistles to be blown...it wouldve been a complete media meltdown had they fouled KD out on his charge....they needed him to stay in the game to keep it lookin "real"

its not about Stern or the refs wanting thunder or heat to win...the manipulation is there to keep these series going more than 4 games..if the Heat go up 2-1 you can bet that Lebron foul on KD in the final minute is going to get called next time around...

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-15-2012, 11:13 AM
the most amusing part about it is the players KNOW the refs manipulate games....this is why flopping is getting worse and worse...

BroncoBuff
06-15-2012, 05:10 PM
The Lottery is totally fixed and the officiating is pretty jacked up too.

Definitely fixed the Ewing lottery and probably one or two more in that period.

If they have to draw the lots behind closed doors, at least videotape it. With a verifiable clock in sight.

Anikai
06-15-2012, 05:54 PM
Remember when Portland & Seattle got 1&2? the nba was like FIFY

Jay3
06-15-2012, 06:06 PM
Definitely fixed the Ewing lottery and probably one or two more in that period.

If they have to draw the lots behind closed doors, at least videotape it. With a verifiable clock in sight.

They do. The drawing is recorded on video, and conducted by independent firms.

BroncoBuff
06-15-2012, 06:24 PM
They do. The drawing is recorded on video, and conducted by independent firms.

You gotta link on that?

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-15-2012, 07:19 PM
Its not like team logos are on the balls and they fall out the machine. Only 4 balls come out of the machine. The combination of those balls determine who owns that pick. The people who determine the combination of that pick? You guessed it. NBA "officials".

canadianbroncosfan
06-16-2012, 03:49 AM
For all those that think it's rigged, every team that has a chance at winning the lottery, has a representative present during the drawing.

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml

How does the NBA Draft Lottery work?

Fourteen ping-pong balls numbered 1 through 14 will be placed in a drum. There are 1,001 possible combinations when four balls are drawn out of 14, without regard to their order of selection. Prior to the Lottery, 1,000 combinations will be assigned to the 14 participating Lottery teams by a computer.

Four balls will be drawn to the top to determine a four-digit combination. The team that has been assigned that combination will receive the number one pick. The four balls are placed back in the drum and the process is repeated to determine the number two and three picks. (Note: If the one unassigned combination is drawn, the balls are drawn to the top again.)

The order of selection for the teams that do not win one of the top three picks will be determined by inverse order of their regular season record.

The actual Lottery procedure will take place in a separate room prior to the national broadcast on ESPN with NBA officials and representatives of the participating teams and the accounting firm of Ernst & Young in attendance.

Following the drawing, team logo cards will be inserted into envelopes marked 1 through 14 by an Ernst & Young representative. These envelopes then will be sealed and brought on-stage, where the announcement of the Lottery results will be made by NBA Deputy Commissioner Adam Silver. A second representative from each participating team will be seated on-stage. Neither the Deputy Commissioner nor the team representatives will be informed of the Lottery results prior to the opening of the envelopes

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml#ixzz1xx5lKsRh

NUB
06-16-2012, 04:45 AM
That first Finals-matchup between the Heat and Mavericks was fixed.

Shananahan
06-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Prior to the Lottery, 1,000 combinations will be assigned to the 14 participating Lottery teams by a computer.
Seems to me like this would be the easiest possible way to rig it.

DBroncos4life
06-16-2012, 11:45 AM
Seems to me like this would be the easiest possible way to rig it.

I don't know why they don't get weighted pong balls and rig it live. Everyone wins that way.