PDA

View Full Version : Patriots release WR Chad Ochocinco

GreatBronco16
06-07-2012, 10:01 PM
Patriots release WR Chad Ochocinco

After spending Thursday trying to trade wide receiver Chad Ochocinco, the New England Patriots decided to release him.

Ochocinco took to Twitter on Thursday to thank Patriots fans.

"Thoroughly enjoyed the oppurtunity to play for the "Patriot" organization... fans were f------ wicked awesome, I wish all of you the best...," Ochocinco tweeted.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/8022107/new-england-patriots-release-veteran-wide-receiver-chad-ochocinco

Thoughts???

cousinal11
06-07-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm sure the Patriots' fans are thanking the front office for making this move as well.

Tim
06-07-2012, 10:11 PM
FROM TWITTER
I got my asthma pump... RT @DraytonFlorence: @ochocinco #MileHigh if you want that hardware

I don't know much about twitter but this was on nfl.com near the bottom of the page.

ward63
06-07-2012, 10:12 PM
I will say the same thing, I said on Twitter...He needs to pair up with T.O. again...in retirement

baja
06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
In before someone says "Bring him in for a look".

Punisher
06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I will say the same thing, I said on Twitter...He needs to pair up with T.O. again...in retirement

T.O has to pay child support he can't retire

ward63
06-07-2012, 11:15 PM
T.O has to pay child support he can't retire

Kevin Kircus is looking for some full time employees at Subway

pricejj
06-08-2012, 12:04 AM
The Ocho Show is probably good enough to be the Broncos #2WR. The only reason the Patriots cut him is because he was set to make $4.7M as a back-up to B. Lloyd.

Funny that they waited until the last day of OTA's to cut him. I really hate the Patriots.

razorwire77
06-08-2012, 12:24 AM
I always like Chad err. Ocho. I never really saw the parallels people made between him and TO. Unlike Owens, most of his stunts seemed to be sort of good-natured. Chad seems to enjoy playing the game and I think many of his celebrations were designed as entertainment, not from the same crazed ego for the sake of ego place that Owens did his stuff.

Even if he's 75 or 80 percent of what he was in Cincinnati, he would still be a upgrade over Willis, or Caldwell, or a 35-year-old Brandon Stokley. Even at the top of the depth chart there are some questions. Demaryius has had a string of injuries and all Eddie Mac jokes aside, Decker doesn't seem to me to be an impact WR in the mold of Fitz, or Calvin Johnson. I imagine worst case, Johnson would wind up being the 3rd receiver.

Bigdawg26
06-08-2012, 12:34 AM
No thanks on him. He's going to lose his job and his gold diggin fiance in the same week!

cutthemdown
06-08-2012, 12:53 AM
I agree that Ocho just sort of a harmless troublemaker, but he did cost his team yards with his antics. He isn't as hateful as TO was with his QBS though.

Taco John
06-08-2012, 12:54 AM
I think Denver should bring him in for a look. T-Mobile hasn't had a talent like this manning their kiosks in years.

Bmore Manning
06-08-2012, 07:29 AM
I'd rather "take a look" at Braylon Edwards or Anthony Gonzalez, maybe even Plaxico before Ocho.

ludo21
06-08-2012, 07:43 AM
id love him just for the entertainment value

ClamChowdah
06-08-2012, 08:59 AM
No chance he ever plays with Peyton Manning, guys like Peyton and Tom are perfectionists when it comes to being where you're supposed to be and that was Ocho Cincos problem, he was too stupid to learn the playbook.

Manning and Brady run the most complex offenses in the NFL with multiple checks and reads.

bronco militia
06-08-2012, 09:02 AM
I think Denver should bring him in for a look. T-Mobile hasn't had a talent like this manning their kiosks in years.

Hilarious!

bronco militia
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM
No chance he ever plays with Peyton Manning, guys like Peyton and Tom are perfectionists when it comes to being where you're supposed to be and that was Ocho Cincos problem, he was too stupid to learn the playbook.

Manning and Brady run the most complex offenses in the NFL with multiple checks and reads.

I doubt there's anything too complex about the pats offense. I think CJ was too stoopid* to figure it out.

pricejj
06-08-2012, 09:10 AM

The McDaniels/Brady is complicated. Manning's no-huddle Offense is simple.

Ocho (if the Broncos choose), would integrate rather quickly.

Wes Mantooth
06-08-2012, 09:15 AM
Bring him in.

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
I'd rather "take a look" at Braylon Edwards or Anthony Gonzalez, maybe even Plaxico before Ocho.

Braylon's Edwards? Ya let's bring in a complete disaster who gives no effort. If Jim harbaugh couldn't get anything out of him no way Fox would. The niners most desperate need last year was WR. And they didnt want him.

broncos-rock
06-08-2012, 09:36 AM

Chad Ochocinco - WR - Patriots
Multiple sources tell the Boston Globe that Chad Ochocinco just didn't have the "football I.Q." to succeed with the Patriots.
"The Patriots would literally tell him to run a route a certain way, and a minute later he would run it the other way," wrote the Globe's Greg Bedard. "It happened all the time." During recent OTAs, he also struggled to recognize zone versus man coverage. Even if it irked Carson Palmer, Ochocinco often got away with freelancing as opposed to running the correct route in Cincinnati. That was never going to work in the Patriots' precision timing offense, which relies on receivers to make pre-snap reads and run exactly where Tom Brady expects them to run.
Source: Boston Globe Jun 8 - 11:28 AM

I don't like to agree with ol numb nuts but I think he might be right!

DBroncos4life
06-08-2012, 09:39 AM
I would rather have him then Stokley at this point.

Kaylore
06-08-2012, 09:59 AM
Chad Ochocinco - WR - Patriots
Multiple sources tell the Boston Globe that Chad Ochocinco just didn't have the "football I.Q." to succeed with the Patriots.
"The Patriots would literally tell him to run a route a certain way, and a minute later he would run it the other way," wrote the Globe's Greg Bedard. "It happened all the time." During recent OTAs, he also struggled to recognize zone versus man coverage. Even if it irked Carson Palmer, Ochocinco often got away with freelancing as opposed to running the correct route in Cincinnati. That was never going to work in the Patriots' precision timing offense, which relies on receivers to make pre-snap reads and run exactly where Tom Brady expects them to run.
Source: Boston Globe Jun 8 - 11:28 AM

I don't like to agree with ol numb nuts but I think he might be right!

If this is true, then he absolutely would not be an upgrade over anyone on the roster. Manning is just as anal about this as Brady.

Bmore Manning
06-08-2012, 10:02 AM
Braylon's Edwards? Ya let's bring in a complete disaster who gives no effort. If Jim harbaugh couldn't get anything out of him no way Fox would. The niners most desperate need last year was WR. And they didnt want him.

You do realize he missed most of last year because he was hurt.. And that I would choose him over Ocho. Nowhere did I say let's go out and get him. Way to stir the pot bro.

baja
06-08-2012, 10:03 AM
I would rather have him then Stokley at this point.

Stokley is a paid coach, he won't make the final roster. He is there to show the young receivers how play with Manning.

DBroncos4life
06-08-2012, 11:03 AM
Stokley is a paid coach, he won't make the final roster. He is there to show the young receivers how play with Manning.

Camp is to find the best 50 something players you can. It's a waste not to be trying add better talent that CAN make a impact during the season.

baja
06-08-2012, 11:13 AM
Camp is to find the best 50 something players you can. It's a waste not to be trying add better talent that CAN make a impact during the season.

Having Peyton manning as QB makes this season unique. There is great value having Stokley here for training camp. I don't think anyone in the front office expects him to make the team. If he does it's, as you say, because he earned his roster spot.

DBroncos4life
06-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Having Peyton manning as QB makes this season unique. There is great value having Stokley here for training camp. I don't think anyone in the front office expects him to make the team. If he does it's, as you say, because he earned his roster spot.

And if he doesn't make the team it means some lesser player does because as you said Stokley was only here as a player/coach.

baja
06-08-2012, 01:28 PM
And if he doesn't make the team it means some lesser player does because as you said Stokley was only here as a player/coach.

Actually I was agreeing with you, the best players will make the team.

pricejj
06-08-2012, 01:31 PM
Stokley kicked butt and took names during OTA's. I would be very suprised if he does not make the team.

Smiling Assassin27
06-08-2012, 01:32 PM
If the guy was worthless with Tom Brady, he'll be worthless with Peyton Manning. I mean, the Pats had awful wr's and Chad still couldn't get on the field. Pass.

Stagger Lee
06-08-2012, 01:36 PM
If the guy was worthless with Tom Brady, he'll be worthless with Peyton Manning. I mean, the Pats had awful wr's and Chad still couldn't get on the field. Pass.

This. Dude can't learn the playbook. Word from New England was he was fine physically, just couldn't run the right routes. No thanks.

peacepipe
06-08-2012, 02:20 PM
just put on simple go routes to stretch the defense. how smart do you got to be for that.

DBroncos4life
06-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Actually I was agreeing with you, the best players will make the team.

Not really. I'm saying having Stokley in camp is preventing us from upgrading the WR position because he is here to help coach, which I don't agree with at all. A lesser WR like Hill or Willis has a much better chance at beating out Stokley then they do Ocho or Burress.

DBroncos4life
06-08-2012, 02:53 PM
just put on simple go routes to stretch the defense. how smart do you got to be for that.

He will run a post or something crazy like that.

TDmvp
06-08-2012, 02:59 PM
Chad is a moron. He'll be one of the stars broke 3 years after he's out of the league.

Easily one of the dumbest stars I've read about in the last decade and living in Cincinnati I got to hear all the drama. From the leasing sports cars to having cars repoed to him ripping off his own raffle prizes and giving them to chicks he wanted to bang.

Dude is a total waste and will be begging to appear on some crap reality show soon to try to make a little cash I bet.

broncocalijohn
06-08-2012, 03:05 PM
They had to pay Gronk so cut out the worthless.

gyldenlove
06-08-2012, 03:18 PM

He doesn't have the speed he used to, injuries and age have taken the edge off his athleticism, now he is just a guy who can't run a full route tree.

GreatBronco16
06-08-2012, 03:56 PM
Chad is a moron. He'll be one of the stars broke 3 years after he's out of the league.

Easily one of the dumbest stars I've read about in the last decade and living in Cincinnati I got to hear all the drama. From the leasing sports cars to having cars repoed to him ripping off his own raffle prizes and giving them to chicks he wanted to bang.

Dude is a total waste and will be begging to appear on some crap reality show soon to try to make a little cash I bet.

Agreed. I remember when they had Cincy either on Hard Knocks, or it was on his show he had or something, where the coach was talking about how he doesn't know how to control his money. Yeah, he'll be broke within 2 years after he's done playing football, and then his name will be added to the list that's currently sueing the NFL, if not dead by then. He just seems like a person who would end his life when he loses his money.

Lestat
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
couldn't hurt to bring him in for a look. he's a bit of a clown but if he can get his head in the game he's a nice extra weapon.

SouthStndJunkie
06-11-2012, 07:10 PM
The Miami Dolphins and free agent wide receiver Chad Ochocinco have agreed to terms on a one-year deal.

baja
06-11-2012, 08:06 PM
Someone had to take Marshall's place.

broncocalijohn
06-12-2012, 11:36 AM
The Miami Dolphins and free agent wide receiver Chad Ochocinco have agreed to terms on a one-year deal.

If it is just to use him as a go route, how did the Raiders pass on him? They must be getting soft since the old man died.

ludo21
06-12-2012, 11:39 AM
perfect for Hard Knocks ;D