PDA

View Full Version : Manning or Von Miller Jersey?

ChampBailey24
06-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Im trying to decide now, and I really really like VOn and he will be around for a long time (Knock on wood), but it is Peyton "Freakin" Manning.

Broncos4tw
06-07-2012, 10:21 AM
Von Miller imo. I hope the guy retires with us.

Heyneck
06-07-2012, 10:25 AM
Von Miller!!! While Manning is great... he was enemy #1 of ours for a long long time.

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Buy both. They're cheap enough online. Don't get suckered into the $300 "official" ones that nobody can tell apart.

TheChamp24
06-07-2012, 10:30 AM
I remember thinking back when we had Cutler, "Gee, maybe I should get a Cutler jersey, this guy will be our franchise QB and it would be nice to have another jersey besides Champ's."
Then boom, he's traded.
Then, I was like, hmmm, Brandon Marshall is pretty freakin good, maybe him? Nope, gone. But we kept Nate Jackson all those years.

TheReverend
06-07-2012, 10:31 AM
I'd wait 1 year on both.

broncocalijohn
06-07-2012, 10:32 AM
In before jersey bot Andre comes into this thread.

broncocalijohn
06-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I remember thinking back when we had Cutler, "Gee, maybe I should get a Cutler jersey, this guy will be our franchise QB and it would be nice to have another jersey besides Champ's."
Then boom, he's traded.
Then, I was like, hmmm, Brandon Marshall is pretty freakin good, maybe him? Nope, gone. But we kept Nate Jackson all those years.

Myrtle Beach and now this ^ . You sure make some ****ty decisions in your life!

CPA
06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Then boom, he's traded.

At least you're not stuck with a Brian Griese jersey.

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2012, 10:37 AM

Hey, Stokley's back right!?! Just remove the name plate.

keef
06-07-2012, 10:38 AM
I gotta go Peyton. I've talked myself out of jerseys for Champ, DJ, Tebow, etc, cause everyone's expendable anymore. Peyton's my favorite qb playing and has been as long as I've watched him (and even rooted against him a handful of games) so I'll buy his. I like Von, but I just can't get another jersey to go with my disgarded Griese, Plummer, Portis and Cutler jerseys that sit useless after a year or two.

If anyone can point me towards an Al Wilson jersey, I'd be all over that however.

keef
06-07-2012, 10:39 AM

Ouch. Thanks

Kaylore
06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
I'd wait 1 year on both.

This. Until someone goes to the pro-bowl a few times and signs a long term contract, don't buy a player's Jersey, especially a young player.

If you HAVE to have one, get the Manning one. He's established, going to the hall of fame and even if he flames out this year, it will be a great memory. Young players with one good year can get traded, injured or flame out.

Gcver2ver3
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
I say get an ed reed jersey...

Chris
06-07-2012, 10:43 AM
Some suggestions

Marcus Nash
Bubby Brister
Dale Carter
Daryl Gardener

Eddie Kennison

ChampBailey24
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
Well i just bought this, but im thinking that since they are super cheap i may eventually invest in a peyton jersey.
http://www.need-jerseys.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15461

broncocalijohn
06-07-2012, 10:49 AM
I gotta go Peyton. I've talked myself out of jerseys for Champ, DJ, Tebow, etc, cause everyone's expendable anymore. Peyton's my favorite qb playing and has been as long as I've watched him (and even rooted against him a handful of games) so I'll buy his. I like Von, but I just can't get another jersey to go with my disgarded Griese, Plummer, Portis and Cutler jerseys that sit useless after a year or two.

If anyone can point me towards an Al Wilson jersey, I'd be all over that however.

Boy, you missed out on the Denver Broncos Clearance sale they had about 2 (or 3) seasons ago. Orange and Blue practice jerseys were going for $10 (Plummer) and $15 (Allllllllll Wiiiiiilson!). Picked both up. Right after the season of our 50 anniversary. Nice polos for $20. See their website for those offers. I also picked up a Rod Smith jersey ($50 practice one) for $10 when a Wisconsin sporting good store mistakenly put those on clearance instead of Neil Smith jerseys when he was no longer on the team.

Heyneck
06-07-2012, 10:50 AM
Then boom, he's traded.

Well... to who ever who hasn't still burned or given his Cutler jersey to his dog, you can stitch Brock's name on it Tebow Marshall style!

keef
06-07-2012, 10:55 AM
Well... to who ever who hasn't still burned or given his Cutler jersey to his dog, you can stitch Brock's name on it Tebow Marshall style!

and now we've switched jersey styles and colors, so i'd look both cheap and stupid.

too cheap to burn it, too ashamed to wear it....woe is me.

Broncos4tw
06-07-2012, 11:08 AM
My older brother is the kiss of death for Bronco players. Whenever he buys a new jersey, either the player is injured or traded, and does not play the following year. He has an entire collection of once-Broncos.

I begged him to buy neither of those jerseys.

Beantown Bronco
06-07-2012, 11:10 AM
I'm planning on sporting my Nate Webster jersey to OMane Weekend this year.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-07-2012, 11:12 AM
I saw a dude wearing an orange Manning jersey yesterday. If that is the new jersey, it's uglier than home-made shoes.

Los Broncos
Von

Stagger Lee

I am.:hitself:

ludo21
06-07-2012, 11:15 AM
jerry rice jersey

Dr. Broncenstein
06-07-2012, 11:16 AM
I have a Clarett jersey. Bought that biatch in the official team store for 8 bucks. Totally worth the money.

HILife
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM

Greatest Bronco EVER!

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2012, 11:43 AM
Im trying to decide now, and I really really like VOn and he will be around for a long time (Knock on wood), but it is Peyton "Freakin" Manning.

i have a rule when i buy jerseys. the player either needs to be on the team 3 years and appear to be a major contributor for years to come, or has to have an incredible season and look to be a piece of the teams plans for the next decade.

right now Manning hasn't accomplished either of those. and with his contract allowing Denver to cut ties with him after 1 season, I would wait until he is for sure going to be around beyond this year.

don't want to end up with a jersey of a once great player who does nothing while with the Broncos.

http://media.scout.com/Media/Image/25/250811.jpg

http://www.theautographsource.com/images/products/687_b.jpg

Go with Miller

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
I have a Clarett jersey. Bought that biatch in the official team store for 8 bucks. Totally worth the money.

is it absorbent with grease stains or oil spills?

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2012, 11:47 AM
i got suckered into that ****ing jersey. got it after his pro bowl year, when during the season he went back into a game with a messed up shoulder and another where his aw got cut open and his jersey was bloody.

Fusionfrontman
06-07-2012, 12:15 PM
Go Von. I bought his last year, although my brother and I didn't really learn with our Cutler, Mrashall, and Tebow jerseys.

To me, Manning could (God I hope not) end up like Jerry Rice and do nothing or get hurt. All the hype and excitement and great feelings about signing him will mean nothing in 3 years if he only plays this coming year and struggles.

canadianbroncosfan
06-07-2012, 12:47 PM
This. Until someone goes to the pro-bowl a few times and signs a long term contract, don't buy a player's Jersey, especially a young player.

If you HAVE to have one, get the Manning one. He's established, going to the hall of fame and even if he flames out this year, it will be a great memory. Young players with one good year can get traded, injured or flame out.

One reason I'm still waiting on getting a Manning jersey, Jerry Rice

Not that I doubt Manning but I want him to play first.

bronco militia
06-07-2012, 12:53 PM
there's a better chance this will be Manning's last team.....go for #18.

Irish Stout
06-07-2012, 04:51 PM
Well i just bought this, but im thinking that since they are super cheap i may eventually invest in a peyton jersey.
http://www.need-jerseys.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=15461

Did you get it yet? If so, hows it look?

Tombstone RJ
06-07-2012, 05:31 PM
go with a retired Bronco. I wouldn't waste the $ on any current Bronco except for maybe Champ as he will "maybe" retire a Bronco. Or get a jersey with your own last name on it. Or, go with the old standby Elway jersey.

Broncobiv
06-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Don't buy a Manning jersey. I can't help but shake the feeling that he's not a "true Bronco". I know that may not make sense: he is on the Broncos' roster, therefore he is a true Bronco. But I think you know what I mean. It's the best way I can put it.

Manning is a 3-5 year, extremely expensive, "rental". Granted, he is a very exciting rental with the potential to do amazing things with our club! But all in all, deep-down, the guy is a Colt, and there's no way around that. When you look back on his career 20 years from now, how will you envision him? In a Colts or Broncos uniform?

Unless Denver wins a Super Bowl with Manning at the helm, it's Montana/Chiefs all over again. It will be little more than a joke to think of Manning in Broncos orange and blue, just like the way we all think of Montana in mustard and ketchup. It's also akin to owning a Favre Jets/Vikings jersey. Seriously...give me a break with that! The guy was a Packer!

So my answer to the original question is (obviously) Von Miller. He was drafted a Bronco and has the potential to be a life-long superstar for this team. IMO, the only way it would be viable to own a Manning Broncos jersey is if we win a Super Bowl with him. And as it stands now, you might as well get the Miller and wait to buy Manning until that very scenario plays out.

Don't get me wrong...I would love NOTHING more than to win a SB this year with #18 leading the charge! But to buy his jersey now seems very...premature. Unless he shows it on the field, in the playoffs, in the SB, it would just be awfully goofy to own a Broncos jersey with the name and number of a Colt on the back! JMHO! :ouwknow:

ChampBailey24
06-08-2012, 05:15 AM
Did you get it yet? If so, hows it look?

I just ordered it yesterday. I'll post some pics when it gets here.

cmhargrove
06-08-2012, 06:01 AM
I heard the Moreno jerseys will be on the sale rack pretty soon...

Beantown Bronco
06-08-2012, 06:25 AM
Don't buy a Manning jersey. I can't help but shake the feeling that he's not a "true Bronco". I know that may not make sense: he is on the Broncos' roster, therefore he is a true Bronco. But I think you know what I mean. It's the best way I can put it.

Manning is a 3-5 year, extremely expensive, "rental". Granted, he is a very exciting rental with the potential to do amazing things with our club! But all in all, deep-down, the guy is a Colt, and there's no way around that. When you look back on his career 20 years from now, how will you envision him? In a Colts or Broncos uniform?

Judging by the number of Dawkins and Lynch Broncos jerseys that have been purchased, I'd say you are clearly in the minority with this opinion.

maher_tyler
06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
My last 4 jerseys:

1) Cutler
2) Marshall
3) Moreno
4) Tebow--brothers got me it for x-mas

My next jersey will either have my name on it or a retired player like TD/Elway/Sharpe etc.

BABronco
06-08-2012, 08:10 AM
Judging by the number of Dawkins and Lynch Broncos jerseys that have been purchased, I'd say you are clearly in the minority with this opinion.

Dawkins and Lynch did not torture this organization for the better half of a decade.

Go VM. My next jersey will probably be zimmerman or atwater.

jutang
06-08-2012, 08:45 AM
Prater will be here for awhile

Kaylore
06-08-2012, 09:05 AM

I want one that says REEEEEEEEEEEEED

montrose
06-08-2012, 09:09 AM
Get these two...

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p12525775dt.jpg

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p12731974dt.jpg

TheReverend
06-08-2012, 09:14 AM
I want one that says REEEEEEEEEEEEED

Get it #00 so it looks like a butt for "but"

Baba Booey
06-08-2012, 09:27 AM
I'm gonna buy a Von, but aside from that I'm going to stick with retired guys. My last four jerseys were Moreno, Cutler, Portis, and a DJ from his rookie year (#52).

With football players, more than anything, you just never know. Between contact disputes, injuries, and just fizzling out, it's not even worth it.

Von seems like a special case though. He says he wants to be a Bronco for life and it's clear he's an exceptional talent.

I want an Atwater and Sharpe to go along with my trusty old Elway.

MileHighMagic
06-08-2012, 10:19 AM
I just bought the orange Von and a grey throwback Billy Williams Cubs jersey. Thanks for the tip on the site. I might do a custom Blackhawks Clark W. Griswold in the future. That one is a little pricey though.

broncosteven
06-08-2012, 10:28 AM

I like to buy the $25 tee shirts that has their name and number on the back. If they suck or get traded it hurts less.

broncosteven
06-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I heard the Moreno jerseys will be on the sale rack pretty soon...

They already are in the clearance bin along with Tebow.

http://www.nflshop.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=3473757&cp=3473755

KM in with the Dawkins, Tebow, Ortons!

Pick Six
06-08-2012, 10:35 AM
I'm pretty sure that Denver will be the last stop for Manning, in his football career (aside from the typical "one day signing, to retire as a Colt"). I have no problem getting a Manning jersey, for that reason. As much as I want Von to stay a Bronco, it's definitely possible that he could play somewhere else...

Broncosman
11-08-2012, 04:37 AM

planning buy one for my wife . do you mind sending me the link to that 8 bucks one

this one is what i wanna get

http://www.weiketrade.hk/Product/Pro7262.Html

http://www.weiketrade.hk/pic/201211/6174459.jpg

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Tony Dorsett. go throwback, man.

Smiling Assassin27
11-08-2012, 09:04 AM
planning buy one for my wife . do you mind sending me the link to that 8 bucks one

JMO, but that's hideous. Looks like it was left over from Electric Boogaloo.

broncocalijohn
11-08-2012, 09:14 AM

Probably the lamest jerseys they would make. Can't decide on your favorite player or referee? We have the solution for you!

nemes swollaws sevla yaj
11-08-2012, 12:03 PM
Orlando Franklin

Pick Six
11-08-2012, 12:31 PM
jerry rice jersey

I absolutely wish that he some gas left, in the tank. Like Manning, Rice was a long-time enemy. However, it's Jerry Rice! I would have loved it...

lvwireman
11-08-2012, 08:32 PM

Yeah, but if you read the description it says it helps you "stay lightweight and dry"! I may have to spring for one!

Peoples Champ
11-08-2012, 08:52 PM
Buy both. They're cheap enough online. Don't get suckered into the $300 "official" ones that nobody can tell apart.

yes get both, or get manning this year and von next year

Momentum
11-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Go with Peyton!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
11-08-2012, 11:04 PM

Jesus.

That **** should earn you a permaban.

Ratboy
11-09-2012, 01:27 AM
I plan on getting my name on one.

Ratboy
11-09-2012, 01:28 AM
Jesus.

That **** should earn you a permaban.

His wife will hate him.

Broncosman
11-09-2012, 05:44 AM

any better idea ? my friends recommended that to me .

broncocalijohn
11-09-2012, 10:19 AM
jerry rice jersey

My wife's only Broncos jersey is a Rice jersey. All because of Dancing with the Stars. It was on clearane at the Broncos store. In reality, there probably wasn't many made.

broncocalijohn
11-09-2012, 10:24 AM
any better idea ? my friends recommended that to me .

Your wife will divorce you. Your friend is ****ing with you. How can you look at that jersey and think anyone would want to wear that piece of ****. Seriously?

orangemonkey
11-09-2012, 10:39 AM
Both will be in the Hall of Fame - it's just a matter of timing. Buy Manning's jersey first.

Rother8
11-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Anybody know of any sites that have last year's jerseys? Nfl.com had the authentic reeboks from last year for like $150 and I think those look better anyways but everywhere I look that's not fake is sold out.

VenomousDB
11-09-2012, 01:55 PM
Von

nyuk nyuk
11-10-2012, 10:25 AM
I have both, but the Manning is obviously #1. Gotta have that first.

BowlenBall
11-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Get an Aaron Brewer jersey, dude.... I have a feeling he's gonna be with us a looooooong time.

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/persons/player-cards/brewer_aaron_pc.jpg

Broncosman
11-12-2012, 04:05 AM
Get an Aaron Brewer jersey, dude.... I have a feeling he's gonna be with us a looooooong time.

http://prod.static.broncos.clubs.nfl.com//assets/images/imported/DEN/photos/persons/player-cards/brewer_aaron_pc.jpg

hope so

Bacchus
11-12-2012, 07:31 AM

Manning has made his legacy, you cannot go wrong there. I would wait for Miller's second contract before I bought it. Think of all the Cutler jersies now sitting in closets.

Broncosman
11-13-2012, 02:47 AM
Manning has made his legacy, you cannot go wrong there.

agreed

ol#7
11-13-2012, 06:48 AM
I already told my wife I want an Orange PM Jersey for Christmas. It was that, Champ or Von. All my current Bronco Jerseys are retired guys except for Tebow...

Here are some of my funnier Jerseys (I have a bunch),

Darren Drozdov Broncos-Had made in Korea
Tim Biakabatuka-Panthers
Rashaan Salaam-Bears
Michael Westbrook-Redskins
Barry Foster-Steelers
Johnny Johnson-Jets
David Klingler-Bengals
Rick Mirer-Seahawks
Lawrence Phillips-Rams
Ricky Proehl Cardinals
Steve Buerlein-Cardinals

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf-Nuggets

LetsGoBroncos
11-13-2012, 09:19 AM
Just bought my Von Miller Nike Limited jersey on NFL Shop. They are finally available

mkporter
11-13-2012, 09:54 AM

Hi Jerseybot, is weiketrade the number 1 all star super jersey site?

Bacchus
11-13-2012, 09:56 AM
I already told my wife I want an Orange PM Jersey for Christmas. It was that, Champ or Von. All my current Bronco Jerseys are retired guys except for Tebow...

Here are some of my funnier Jerseys (I have a bunch),

Darren Drozdov Broncos-Had made in Korea
Tim Biakabatuka-Panthers
Rashaan Salaam-Bears
Michael Westbrook-Redskins
Barry Foster-Steelers
Johnny Johnson-Jets
David Klingler-Bengals
Rick Mirer-Seahawks
Lawrence Phillips-Rams
Ricky Proehl Cardinals
Steve Buerlein-Cardinals

Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf-Nuggets

Those are horrible!! LOL Now a Chris Jackson jersey would have been cool.

Broncosman
11-14-2012, 03:20 AM
Those are horrible!! LOL Now a Chris Jackson jersey would have been cool.

LOLLOL

DarkHorse30
11-14-2012, 04:12 AM
go for the trifecta (let's get this economy MOVING!):

Manning
Miller
Holliday

All SEC alums (sure aggies are virgins, but they show purpose:)) ...and

style points, all have middle double letter (Holliday with 11 probably looks cool, if it is even available)

give her the Holliday....small, medium sizes only ha ha

Broncosman
11-27-2012, 03:47 AM
go for the trifecta (let's get this economy MOVING!):

Manning
Miller
Holliday

All SEC alums (sure aggies are virgins, but they show purpose:)) ...and

style points, all have middle double letter (Holliday with 11 probably looks cool, if it is even available)

give her the Holliday....small, medium sizes only ha ha

trifecta ? where are they ?

Lycan
11-27-2012, 04:14 AM
I got a blue Von jersey last year and an orange Peyton jersey this year.

That brings my total to 4.

A throwback Elway jersey, the two mentioned above and a damn Clinton Portis jersey which I got a couple months before he was traded.

Champ is next on my to-get list.

Bacchus
11-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I have McCaffery, Elway, Romanowski, Champ and Davis hanging in the mancave. I have Sheffler and Cutler jersey in the closet. I actually only paid for the Elway and Champ.

Pick Six
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
I bought a Miller faux jersey, for the Chiefs game. Actually, it was just a T-shirt made to LOOK like a jersey. I enjoyed wearing it to the Chiefs game, because Derrick Thomas was #58. It served as SUBTLE taunting...:rofl:

spiralism
11-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Try a Kyle Orton one. ****ing impulse buy at Wembley. Not only that but i saw an unreal Elway throwback when i got in and id pissed away too much of my money to be able to afford it.

Laugh at me, i deserve it.:pity:

schaaf
11-27-2012, 05:24 PM
My family and I are going to our first game since 07 this year against Kansas City in week 17 and I got my mom a Bailey jersey, my fiancÚ a Decker jersey and I got Von, they're the real deal stitching and all. I paid $70 eah

Broncosman
12-10-2012, 03:16 AM
My family and I are going to our first game since 07 this year against Kansas City in week 17 and I got my mom a Bailey jersey, my fiancÚ a Decker jersey and I got Von, they're the real deal stitching and all. I paid $70 eah

from a discount shop ? 70 bucks is realy good price for authentic ones

Broncosman
12-11-2012, 06:21 AM
Was hoping you guys could help me out with the "elite/game/limited" jersey distinctions. Are there any major differences between these that I should be aware of when purchasing from these knock-off sites? The one major difference I have noticed is for the Elite jerseys, the players number on the back of the jersey appears to be larger than it is on the front... is this how its supposed to be?

Bacchus
09-12-2013, 01:45 AM

I hope you bought the Manning jersey!!!:spit::spit: