PDA

View Full Version : Manning Meter:

RedEyedJeti
06-06-2012, 05:17 PM
Manning Meter: Track Colts (Broncos) QB Peyton Manning
Indianapolis Colts (Broncos) QB Peyton Manning has a chance to break every significant all-time record for NFL quarterbacks. Follow along as he moves up the charts, and relive his career so far in classic photos and a statistical database.

http://www.indystar.com/interactive/article/99999999/SPORTS0301/100916010/Manning-Meter-Track-Colts-QB-Peyton-Manning

Hey Broncos fans, I thought you guys might like this. This is a record the IndyStar newspaper has been keeping of Peytons career accomplishments. Obviously, they stopped tracking him last season because he didn't play. I'm not sure if they will continue keeping track or not now that he's no longer with the Colts. Maybe someone in Denver can take over now.

baja
06-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Thanks that was good of you.

baja
06-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Damn Farve is #1 in every category

Tombstone RJ
06-06-2012, 05:45 PM
the only thing I care about is lombardis...

TheReverend
06-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Kinda cool that his first TD for the O&B will be #400

:)

TheReverend
06-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Conklin
06-06-2012, 06:43 PM

Hulamau
06-06-2012, 07:13 PM

That does has some poetic symmetry doesn't it :flower:

Marshall Dumervil
06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
the only thing I care about is lombardis...

Damn straight. ^5

SportinOne
06-06-2012, 07:51 PM
Basically, what I gather from browsing over the numbers, is that if he plays four full seasons at his full ability level he will break every single one.

2015-16 will be a fun season.

BroncoMan4ever
06-06-2012, 08:27 PM
That does has some poetic symmetry doesn't it :flower:

what will truly be great is when he hoists another Lombardi trophy, but for the orange and blue, while Indy is struggling to even make the playoffs for the next several years. also the fact that his last TD pass will be for the Broncos. Indy fans will be incredibly pissed if Luck struggles and the team is bad, if Manning continues his assault on the record books and possibly wins a super bowl.

Kaylore
06-06-2012, 09:23 PM
So stoked for this season

BowlenBall
06-06-2012, 10:15 PM
Basically, what I gather from browsing over the numbers, is that if he plays four full seasons at his full ability level he will break every single one.

2015-16 will be a fun season.

Yup -- that'll also be the season that Osweiler gets cranky from sitting on the bench for 4 years. Good times ahead....

Taco John
06-06-2012, 10:20 PM
I wonder how much of the pre-season we're going to see of Manning. You think they're going to want to use him a lot to get the reps in and shake off the rust. Or will they want to use him sparingly to protect him?

I would think that they would want to get him the reps myself...

Cmac821
06-06-2012, 10:25 PM
Damn Farve is #1 in every category

He's a collector in my opinion, with a career that long you will hold a lot records

Jetmeck
06-06-2012, 11:03 PM
The one SB Favre won should have been ours. JAX tripped us up that year or Brett Favre would be SB winless and we would have been back to back to back....................threepeat !

We would be considered one of the all time best teams and he would be spoken about a whole lot less. a win win IMO..............

Irish Stout
06-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I wonder how much of the pre-season we're going to see of Manning. You think they're going to want to use him a lot to get the reps in and shake off the rust. Or will they want to use him sparingly to protect him?

Get him the reps! All I can think of with this question is all the week 17 games Manning didn't play and how he always looked a little rusty that first playoff game.

SoCalBronco
06-07-2012, 12:18 AM
The one SB Favre won should have been ours. JAX tripped us up that year or Brett Favre would be SB winless and we would have been back to back to back....................threepeat !

We would be considered one of the all time best teams and he would be spoken about a whole lot less. a win win IMO..............

That's the only SB I have not watched live in 20 years. I was still fuming about the JAX game and refused to accept that NE was representing the AFC even though we were clearly superior and had absolutely trashed them at their place earlier that year.

Taco John
06-07-2012, 02:09 AM
He's a collector in my opinion, with a career that long you will hold a lot records

Endurance means something in this league...

Stuck in Cali
06-07-2012, 02:58 AM
That's the only SB I have not watched live in 20 years. I was still fuming about the JAX game and refused to accept that NE was representing the AFC even though we were clearly superior and had absolutely trashed them at their place earlier that year.

I watched that SB, rooting for the Packers. I can be selfish at times at didn't want anyone to break the NFC's streak but us.

The thing I remember the most from the Jax game, is the look on all the players faces when they knew what slipped through their hands.

I am so looking forward to seeing Manning breaking some records wearing Orange and Blue.

Stagger Lee
06-07-2012, 06:00 AM
No more talk of the Jacksonville playoff loss please. I still haven't gotten over that debacle. Most heart wrenching loss for a bronco fan IMO. That was worse than the SB blowouts to me by a long shot.

long beach bronco
06-07-2012, 07:19 AM
I've been a Bronco fan for 39 years, and the Jax loss was the worst football day of my life. To this day almost 16 years later, I still think about that game. I cried after that game and my wife understood. :(

HighCountryBronco
06-07-2012, 07:33 AM
No more talk of the Jacksonville playoff loss please. I still haven't gotten over that debacle. Most heart wrenching loss for a bronco fan IMO. That was worse than the SB blowouts to me by a long shot.

Amen brother, Amen.:(

RedEyedJeti
06-07-2012, 10:38 AM
what will truly be great is when he hoists another Lombardi trophy, but for the orange and blue, while Indy is struggling to even make the playoffs for the next several years. also the fact that his last TD pass will be for the Broncos. Indy fans will be incredibly pissed if Luck struggles and the team is bad, if Manning continues his assault on the record books and possibly wins a super bowl.

We wont be "pissed". lol. Just the opposite, I'll be happy to see Peyton succeed wherever he is. I hope he takes the Broncos to a couple SB's.
As for Luck, of course he's gonna struggle. He's a rookie on a completely
new team.

GO BRONCOLTS!!!

BroncoMan4ever
06-07-2012, 11:26 AM
I've been a Bronco fan for 39 years, and the Jax loss was the worst football day of my life. To this day almost 16 years later, I still think about that game. I cried after that game and my wife understood. :(

did it look like this?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0-6Tn0Ie-AQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

seriously though. that was the worst day of my life as a Broncos fan.

maher_tyler
06-07-2012, 12:51 PM

The reps imo!

eddie mac
06-07-2012, 02:47 PM

Manning may well be the one who has the most input into that.

RedEyedJeti
06-07-2012, 03:52 PM
I cant remember the last time Peyton played in a pre-season game. I cant even remember the last time the Colts won a pre-season game. :)