PDA

View Full Version : Cosell on J-Cutty

TonyR
06-05-2012, 05:35 PM
Couldn't resist posting. Apologies in advance.

When you watch as much tape as I do, only the most singular plays from years past remain embedded in memory. Yet, there’s one from Cutler’s third NFL start with the Denver Broncos — against the Arizona Cardinals — that still stands out in my mind. Cutler, off play action, rolled by design to his left. He turned his front shoulder, balanced his feet with his back foot planted, and then, in the face of pressure, threw it 65 yards in the air. It dropped accurately and easily into the hands of Javon Walker, as if Cutler had handed it to him. It was one of the best throws I had ever seen, one very few NFL quarterbacks would have even attempted, never mind completed.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/06/05/cosell-talks-the-perception-and-reality-of-jay-cutler/?module=HP11_content_stream

bpc
06-05-2012, 05:39 PM
It was a John Elway throw... A thing of beauty.

HorseHead
06-05-2012, 05:40 PM
That was a sweet throw...

I think he's in for a huge year...really do...still a d-bag though..

deputyorange
06-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I remeber that play clearly. In fact, I kept going over it when I was getting my wisdom teeth pulled, a happy place so to speak. I thought it was just the tip of the iceberg of great things to come for the Broncos...oh well

SonOfLe-loLang
06-05-2012, 05:58 PM
that throw was amazeballs. he was great that entire game

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-05-2012, 06:05 PM
that throw was amazeballs. he was great that entire game

Yep. He really was.

Shame he was such a douchenozzle.

Taco John
06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
As I recall, that was the second time he had completed that pass in two different games.

DBroncos4life
06-05-2012, 06:07 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hJRhagTmI64" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

FU you McTurd.

Ray Finkle
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
There you go....go SoCal all fapping again....

DBroncos4life
06-05-2012, 06:08 PM
As I recall, that was the second time he had completed that pass in two different games.

Pretty sure that was against the Raiders in the video highlights I just posted.

broncocalijohn
06-05-2012, 06:12 PM
Yep. He really was.

Shame he was such a douchenozzle.

I was at that game and remember D Will screwing up and had to be pulled. That was a sweet throw but the other side of Frown Cannon came out unfortunately.

HAT
06-05-2012, 06:15 PM
Great toss but Cutler has proven himself to be nothing but a journeyman QB.

Thanks for the trade Josh.....without it there'd be no Tebow and no Manning. :strong:

DBroncos4life
06-05-2012, 06:16 PM

Thanks for the trade Josh.....without it there'd be no Tebow and no Manning. :strong:

Hilarious!

Lestat
06-05-2012, 06:17 PM
i'm very curious to see how he does this season. i must admit i'm still a Cutler fan even though his days in Denver are over.
this should be the best season of his career now that he has a legit team on offense around him(assuming they get a deal done with Forte). his OL is still scary but his WR's,TE's and RB depth is much improved.

Lestat
06-05-2012, 06:18 PM

http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/90/909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

TDmvp
06-05-2012, 06:22 PM
http://cdn.styleforum.net/9/90/909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious.jpeg

Nah it's just Hat has the worst sports takes of just about anyone on the Mane.
It's just his norm , carry on .

DHallblows
06-05-2012, 06:25 PM
I had to double check the thread date to make sure this knob slobbing wasn't from 07...

Shananahan
06-05-2012, 06:33 PM
It's almost like we're not allowed to talk about how Cutler is a pretty damn good QB around here.

Captain 'Dre
06-05-2012, 06:38 PM
It's almost like we're not allowed to talk about how Cutler is a pretty damn good QB around here.

Pretty damn good QB... All-Universe Douchebag. :sunshine:

Taco John
06-05-2012, 06:40 PM

I get people not liking Jay, but Chicago went from being a contender to a pretender when they lost Cutler to injury. Saying that Jay Cutler is in Kyle Orton's class is pretty silly.

R-Mac
06-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Cutler is an underrated QB that has gone through a tough career. He went through a situation that usually buries the career of less talented QBs. Crappy OL, one of the worst group of receivers in the NFL, lack of continuity in the offensive system. Cutler had to learn Mike Shanahan's system then had his development stalled. He had to learn Ron Turner's offense, Mike Martz's offense and now Mike Tice is probably installing a new playbook. This is not the recipe for success. Most guys would probably crumble and spend the rest of their careers as backup QBs. The Bears even traded Greg Olsen to make things harder.

Cutler finally has a #1 WR in Chicago, and Alshon Jeffery will also be a huge upgrade. Two big targets that can make plays even when they are not open. These are the receivers that can make a gunslinger shine. We all know Cutler won't manage the game, he wants to make big plays with his rocket arm. I used to hate him after that drama with McDaniels, and Cutler could have shown more maturity, but today I don't blame him. McDaniels was a punk and we should expect the head coach to be the first man to show some maturity after taking over a team.

To see how Cutler is important to the Bears, look at them without Cutler last season.

TDmvp
06-05-2012, 06:51 PM
If you think Cutler is a crappy Qb , you are either a major Broncos homer who is jaded on the subject or blind... Period.

WolfpackGuy
06-05-2012, 06:51 PM
And all that is left is Robert Ayers.

Great effin trade in a slew of great effin trades!

Dr. Broncenstein
06-05-2012, 06:55 PM
Ever want the barometer of wrong, just start a Cutler thread. The same people who amazingly defended McD to the bitter end are the same ones trashing Cutler.

TheReverend
06-05-2012, 07:15 PM
In for Cutler-boner penis-measuring fest.

I'll win

KipCorrington25
06-05-2012, 07:24 PM
And McCheat thought Cassell was better! Worst judge of talent in NFL history.

DBroncos4life
06-05-2012, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure STDs viruses say they are McD'ing our immune systems up.

R-Mac
06-05-2012, 07:49 PM
Even those who don't like Jay Cutler are fans of John Elway and believe in him as the leader of football operations. This is what Elway had to say about Cutler:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/26/elway-calls-cutler-the-kind-of-player-you-dont-give-up-on/

“I don’t know. I wasn’t in the middle of that. I didn’t know Jay real well,” Elway said. “But I would have done everything I can, especially when you have a talent like you have in Jay. Those guys don’t come around very often.”

“I would say, to be honest,” Elway said, “he’s the type of player you don’t give up on as easily as we gave up on.”

Cutler is exactly the kind of QB that Elway wants. The big athlete that can play from the pocket and as a bonus Cutler has a strong arm to make throws that other QBs can't.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/01/30/elway-tebow-is-the-starter-but-broncos-are-in-the-quarterback-market/

Elway has described the kind of quarterback he likes as “the big athlete who can throw the ball from the pocket,” which doesn’t exactly fit Tebow to a T and serves as a reminder that Tebow is the quarterback Elway inherited, not the quarterback Elway chose.

TDmvp
06-05-2012, 07:53 PM
We should trade Pay ton and Brock + our 1 next year for Jay Cutler hehe.

Or at least that's what I plan on doing if I buy Madden this year :) .
Maybe trade a 2nd and get Tebow back for a back up , gimmick plays and inspiration.

Ok back to the real world.

HAT
06-05-2012, 08:04 PM
Since when is preferring Tebow and Manning to Cutler....trashing Cutler?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Ever want the barometer of wrong, just start a Cutler thread. The same people who amazingly defended McD to the bitter end are the same ones trashing Cutler.

Shocking, right.

glenwillett
06-05-2012, 08:15 PM
Jay made great throws all the time... But he also made some terrible throws as well. And he took himself out of the game at times, letting his emotions get the best of him.

I think he's an insane talent but I feel like he will never be a Super Bowl winning QB or even one that is able to win games on a consistent basis.

R-Mac
06-05-2012, 08:23 PM
Tebow is more charismatic than Cutler by a mile, but he will never come close to Cutler's ability as a QB. Cutler finished the 2008 regular season 0-3 when the Broncos had the 30th defense in points allowed. Everybody remembers that meltdown. But Tebow, who is known as a clutch player, finished the 2011 regular season with an 0-3 record, including two abysmal performances against the Bills and Chiefs with the division title on the line.

Cutler is a gunslinger with some irresponsible throws. Tebow became a scared game manager aiming balls at the turf to avoid turnovers. And while Cutler was having to deal with Martz's complicated offense, the Broncos had to simplify their offense to help Tebow. I think it was more exciting to watch the Broncos play when Cutler was the QB.

bowtown
06-05-2012, 08:29 PM
Jay Cutler can suck it.

That is all.

glenwillett
06-05-2012, 08:30 PM
Tebow is more charismatic than Cutler by a mile, but he will never come close to Cutler's ability as a QB. Cutler finished the 2008 regular season 0-3 when the Broncos had the 30th defense in points allowed. Everybody remembers that meltdown. But Tebow, who is known as a clutch player, finished the 2011 regular season with an 0-3 record, including two abysmal performances against the Bills and Chiefs with the division title on the line.

Cutler is a gunslinger with some irresponsible throws. Tebow became a scared game manager aiming balls at the turf to avoid turnovers. And while Cutler was having to deal with Martz's complicated offense, the Broncos had to simplify their offense to help Tebow. I think it was more exciting to watch the Broncos play when Cutler was the QB.

It was fun to watch but I don't think it was winning us anymore games.. We got absolutely crushed by the Chargers in San Diego in a prime-time game with the AFC West title on the line, which I sadly witnessed happen live. It wasn't all Jay's fault as the defense was a sieve that year and Denver had resorted to signing Tatum Bell out of a cell phone kiosk but I felt like Jay kind of threw us out of that game and then just gave up.

When the **** hits the fan I just don't think I can trust Jay Cutler to give enough of a rats ass to not only rally himself but his teammates around him, and that's part of the job if you are going to be considered a Super Bowl caliber QB in my opinion.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-05-2012, 08:36 PM

QFT

Broncobiv
06-05-2012, 08:43 PM
I loved Cutler as our QB. But during the McD fiasco, he showed a real crybaby attitude and now I think he's a douchy b****. I mean...he was pretty douchy at moments as a Bronco, but back then I was willing to forgive him. I actually place equal blame on him and McD for the way things went down. They both suck.

Back then, and still now, I've always held the same opinion: if I could go back in time and reverse the trade, I would. I would still like to have Cutler as our QB, as long as we got a coach willing to work with him. Of course, this opinion is totally up for revisal depending on how the Manning gamble pays off!

R-Mac
06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
When the **** hits the fan I just don't think I can trust Jay Cutler to give enough of a rats ass to not only rally himself but his teammates around him, and that's part of the job if you are going to be considered a Super Bowl caliber QB in my opinion.

People said the same thing about Eli Manning until he won a Super Bowl. I remember Tiki Barber questioning Eli's ability to lead the team. The QB gets too much credit and too much blame, especially when he is one of the faces of the franchise. I thought Cutler was on the right track if we consider he was a young QB in his 3rd season. He was respected not only by other young players, but also by veterans like Champ Bailey.

http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/huddleup/2009/07/denver-broncos-champ-bailey-offers-thoughts-on-jay-cutler.html

Bailey was asked if he ever questioned Cutler as a leader.

``No, not at all,'' he said. ``That’s one thing about him, he’s not a shouter, but when he gets upset and he knows we’ve got to get going he opens his mouth. I appreciate that from him, I’d rather have a guy that leads by example than a guy that talks all the time.''

bowtown
06-05-2012, 08:56 PM
If Cutler hadn't been traded to Chicago, there's a good chance he never would have met Kristen Cavallari, and then he never would have known true love and the joy of old pouty Jay truly blooming into the new wonderful full-blown emasculated fashionista douchebag that he is today. Any of Jay's true fans should be happy he's been able to embrace the important things in life... like reality television stars, exercise bikes during playoff games and small yappy dogs. God bless you, Jay! Don't forget to pop your collar while you eat your oatmeal, ****face.

baja
06-05-2012, 09:06 PM

What? Are you sayin McD wasn't a good coach.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-05-2012, 09:07 PM
If Cutler hadn't been traded to Chicago, there's a good chance he never would have met Kristen Cavallari, and then he never would have known true love and the joy of old pouty Jay truly blooming into the new wonderful full-blown emasculated fashionista douchebag that he is today. Any of Jay's true fans should be happy he's been able to embrace the important things in life... like reality television stars, exercise bikes during playoff games and small yappy dogs. God bless you, Jay! Don't forget to pop your collar while you eat your oatmeal, ****face.

http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jaycutler.jpg

Can't hear you over the sound-dampening popped collar, which serves well to keep the haters out.

bowtown
06-05-2012, 09:15 PM
http://broncotalk.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/jaycutler.jpg

Can't hear you over the sound-dampening popped collar, which serves well to keep the haters out.

It's like staring into the abyss... and by abyss, I mean vagina.

Bacchus
06-05-2012, 09:20 PM
Couldn't resist posting. Apologies in advance.

When you watch as much tape as I do, only the most singular plays from years past remain embedded in memory. Yet, there’s one from Cutler’s third NFL start with the Denver Broncos — against the Arizona Cardinals — that still stands out in my mind. Cutler, off play action, rolled by design to his left. He turned his front shoulder, balanced his feet with his back foot planted, and then, in the face of pressure, threw it 65 yards in the air. It dropped accurately and easily into the hands of Javon Walker, as if Cutler had handed it to him. It was one of the best throws I had ever seen, one very few NFL quarterbacks would have even attempted, never mind completed.

http://nflfilms.nfl.com/2012/06/05/cosell-talks-the-perception-and-reality-of-jay-cutler/?module=HP11_content_stream

I was at that game. It was a tremendous throw!!!

lolcopter
06-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Jay Cutler can suck it.

That is all.

+ 1

Chris
06-05-2012, 09:50 PM
I remember that throw.

baja
06-05-2012, 10:09 PM
He threw some pretty interceptions too.

DBroncos4life
06-05-2012, 10:18 PM
He threw some pretty interceptions too.

He had to force passes to keep pace with the points teams kept scoring against our awesome D.

Heyneck
06-05-2012, 10:29 PM
Love his physical talent... used to be my favorite player... but once your turn into an entitled little whinny bitch, think you are above the team and disrespect the owner... all bets are off. Screw you double chin!!!

It will be fun seeing him in a similar system to Shanny's and Marshall. Other than that... couldn't be happier about having some real leadership.

Kaylore
06-05-2012, 10:35 PM

Against the same team. Preseason to David Kircus and then regular season to Walker.

vancejohnson82
06-05-2012, 10:39 PM
If we had Cutler inside the 20s and Tebow to replace him in the red zone we wouldn't have had to get Manning and could have re-signed Warren

myMind
06-05-2012, 10:41 PM
Isn't Jay Cutler the Bear's quarterback?
People seem to be all hot and bothered about an opposing QB for some reason.
All we are is dust in the wind people. Move on.

lonestar
06-05-2012, 10:59 PM
Cutler is an underrated QB that has gone through a tough career. He went through a situation that usually buries the career of less talented QBs. Crappy OL, one of the worst group of receivers in the NFL, lack of continuity in the offensive system. Cutler had to learn Mike Shanahan's system then had his development stalled. He had to learn Ron Turner's offense, Mike Martz's offense and now Mike Tice is probably installing a new playbook. This is not the recipe for success. Most guys would probably crumble and spend the rest of their careers as backup QBs. The Bears even traded Greg Olsen to make things harder.

Cutler finally has a #1 WR in Chicago, and Alshon Jeffery will also be a huge upgrade. Two big targets that can make plays even when they are not open. These are the receivers that can make a gunslinger shine. We all know Cutler won't manage the game, he wants to make big plays with his rocket arm. I used to hate him after that drama with McDaniels, and Cutler could have shown more maturity, but today I don't blame him. McDaniels was a punk and we should expect the head coach to be the first man to show some maturity after taking over a team.

To see how Cutler is important to the Bears, look at them without Cutler last season.

yadda yadda yadda,

what you should have said.

To see how the Defense was important to cutlet, look at Cutet without a great special teams group.

Without those two parts to the team cutlet would have been throwing up even more picks than he did in DEN..

You say how many coaches the pretty boi had? he had them because he caused them to get fired..

could have been a spectacular QB if he only had a brain..

broncocalijohn
06-05-2012, 11:12 PM
He had to force passes to keep pace with the points teams kept scoring against our awesome D.

True. Throw some good passes until you get to the 20 and then it is time to force those throws. Why give the ball to the other team too early when you can wait 4 mnutes and then give the gift that kept on giving.

GreatBronco16
06-05-2012, 11:22 PM
Elway will get Cutler back. You just watch. We will have Manning for about 3 years, then when Cutler becomes a FA, Elway will dump Manning to have Cutler back.

Even though he was a douche, he was a baller.

Shananahan
06-05-2012, 11:31 PM
Elway bringing Cutler back to Denver would be an even more impressive PR feat than running Tebow out of it.

Taco John
06-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Nah. How could that happen? If Chicago lets that happen, it'll be because Cutler is damaged goods - for whatever reason be it injury or psychological.

GreatBronco16
06-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Nah. How could that happen? If Chicago lets that happen, it'll be because Cutler is damaged goods - for whatever reason be it injury or psychological.

Well he already has the psychological part of it.:giggle:

Heyneck
06-06-2012, 12:11 AM
trust me... people publicly burned his jersey for a reason. outside of this board... I am positive that the majority of the Broncos fans would not want him back. Plus... his ego would not let him come back here. Is he going to send his father to bring his playbook back?

Shananahan
06-06-2012, 12:17 AM
Nah. How could that happen?
http://i47.tinypic.com/ws8i15.jpg

LongDongJohnson
06-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Hopefully Manning and Osweiler will make us forget about J cutty.

Heyneck
06-06-2012, 12:48 AM
http://i47.tinypic.com/ws8i15.jpg

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious! ^5

SoCalBronco
06-06-2012, 01:15 AM
There you go....go SoCal all fapping again....

LOL...Zing!

Elway will dump Manning to have Cutler back.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kqs9elydjS1qzma4ho1_400.jpg

;D

TheChamp24
06-06-2012, 06:46 AM
It pissed me off when we traded Cutler, but the way things went, we kind of were forced to. We got a good haul, but did crap with it IMO.
The thing with Cutler is, and he tends to still do this, is make boneheaded throws/plays. He seems to me to be turnover prone, 86 interceptions and 25 fumbles in 78 games started.
Going back, if Shanny wasn't let go, Cutler probably would've turned the corner into that elite group of QB. Maybe with McDaniels.
Now, he's a good QB, but he hasn't progressed much since he left Denver.

TheReverend
06-06-2012, 07:18 AM
Against the same team. Preseason to David Kircus and then regular season to Walker.

In their defense, that was pre-Peterson.

Pick Six
06-06-2012, 08:10 AM
It's POSSIBLE that Cutler has matured. Back then, he appeared too big for his britches. Did we give up on him, prematurely? Maybe. I'm still happy with the quarterback we presently have...:strong:

JCMElway
06-06-2012, 08:18 AM
To me Cutler is Jeff George. Great talent, great arm, 2-cent head. Jeff George never really matured, and I don't think Jay will either.

Cutler is a thrower, not a leader. Fortunately for Chicago, that defense can cover up Cutler's lack of leadership.

cutthemdown
06-06-2012, 09:01 AM
He has Marshall, no excuses! Cutler will have to show now that he was worthy of 2 first round picks and all the hype. He has the running game, he has a 100 catch a yr WR, and he has a good defense. Unless he isn't the real deal he should get it done. I say he is a loser and will lose again.

Ratboy
06-06-2012, 09:20 AM
If I could go back in time, I would go to the day before McDaniels was hired and toss him from a plane.

i4jelway7
06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
here you go

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sJwPm9g9f0U?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>