PDA

View Full Version : Serious question?

DENVERDUI55
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Taking the kids to disneyland and its a little drive so I let them check some movies out to watch on the ride there. They rented Ghostbusters and I was wondering if this was acceptable for a 6 year old? I know it's rated PG.

OBF1
06-04-2012, 06:18 PM
Best movie to raise your children on... Just ask around the mane :thumbs:

crush17
06-04-2012, 06:30 PM
You should burn in hell for even thinking this was a possibility.

Dr. Broncenstein
06-04-2012, 06:31 PM
It's a slippery slope. Next thing you know, you'll be giving your kids ambien to help them stfu and sleep.

gyldenlove
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xJLyZFG-cpw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jason in LA
06-04-2012, 07:05 PM
Dude, it's $80 a pop to get in that place. You should take a trip to Myrtle Beach. But watch out for those single moms. ;D

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-04-2012, 07:07 PM
"When a woman asks you if you are a God. you say YES!!!"

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Taking the kids to disneyland and its a little drive so I let them check some movies out to watch on the ride there. They rented Ghostbusters and I was wondering if this was acceptable for a 6 year old? I know it's rated PG.

6 years old, no. 7 years old, you betcha!

DENVERDUI55
06-04-2012, 07:22 PM
It's funny when the 11 yr old picked out the movie I chuckled in my head over the thread here.

broncogary
06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
It's funny when the 11 yr old picked out the movie I chuckled in my head over the thread here.

So you're a chucklehead? :sunshine:

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-04-2012, 09:57 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zesHZze8s7M?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zesHZze8s7M?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Drunken.Broncoholic
06-04-2012, 09:59 PM
It's good for the kids. Shows what real movies were like before the over the top special effects/computer animation started invading movies.

Chris
06-04-2012, 10:26 PM
Not yet. 8 at a minimum I'd say. Wow, that's the first parental thought I've ever had.

enjolras
06-04-2012, 10:37 PM
Doesn't this always depend on the kid?

BroncoMan4ever
06-05-2012, 12:26 AM
i say show them the movie. i saw it when I was around that age. of course my mom got pissed at my cousins for letting me watch it, but it wasn't something that warped a young mind.

lonestar
06-05-2012, 12:50 AM
there is a lot of violence in that movie it is funny as hell but I'd say no to letting younglings watch it.. that is unless you plan of sleeping with them forever because they are NOW afraid of ghosts..

While the animation is not that great it is good enough to fool the little minds..

BTW they will forever be traumatized by marshmallows..

canadianbroncosfan
06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
I would think it's fine, they probably won't get it but hey there's a giant fat marshmallow

Archer81
06-05-2012, 02:01 AM
My aunt would stop us from watching Ghostbusters, Thundercats, Gargoyles, He-Man, TMNT, Captain Planet, Batman (movies and animated series), Superman, or playing games like Mortal Kombat and MKII or Resident Evil. If we were watching these shows or playing those games, she'd shut it off.

Which considering it was our house was immensely ballsy. My parents told my brothers and I to suck it up and just deal with it. So we had to watch Thomas the Train and the Jesus Cartoon Network.

:Broncos:

BroncoMan4ever
06-05-2012, 02:07 AM
My aunt would stop us from watching Ghostbusters, Thundercats, Gargoyles, He-Man, TMNT, Captain Planet, Batman (movies and animated series), Superman, or playing games like Mortal Kombat and MKII or Resident Evil. If we were watching these shows or playing those games, she'd shut it off.

Which considering it was our house was immensely ballsy. My parents told my brothers and I to suck it up and just deal with it. So we had to watch Thomas the Train and the Jesus Cartoon Network.

man, if that was my aunt when i was little, i might have wound up round house kicking her in the face if she took away my TMNT or Gargoyles. i used to watch every one of those shows and play every game you mentioned but those 2 were my favorites.

Archer81
06-05-2012, 02:14 AM
man, if that was my grandma when i was little, i might have wound up round house kicking her in the face if she took away my TMNT or Gargoyles. i used to watch every one of those shows and play every game you mentioned but those 2 were my favorites.

Dude, my directv package has an old school cartoon channel. Gargoyles is on at 2am mst. I used to watch that show every morning before school. My aunt is a good lady, trying to spare us from the horrors of talking turtles, zombie killing or trying to fight off an invasion from an evil Outworld emperor. But seriously, her kids are not that much younger than my brothers and I. Thomas the Train? I'm 13 years old at that point. WTF.

My dad would show us movies like Platoon or Hamburger Hill or Silence of the Lambs...MK and Gargoyles pales in comparison.

broncocalijohn
06-05-2012, 02:38 AM
Watching Ghostbusters for youngins has deep reprocussions. Next thing the little brats will be cutting in line to get a Cutler autograph.

Beantown Bronco
06-05-2012, 07:16 AM
My six year old boy and I had an Aliens marathon the other day to get warmed up for Prometheus. You're good!

Johnykbr
06-05-2012, 07:39 AM
Ghostbusters does have that scene where Dan Ackroyd has a special encounter with a ghost in the middle of the night...

bronco militia
06-05-2012, 08:19 AM
My six year old boy and I had an Aliens marathon the other day to get warmed up for Prometheus. You're good!

you might be the coolest Dad on the planet

TheReverend
06-05-2012, 08:43 AM
Pretty sure you have to ween them into something as hardcore as Ghostbusters with years of UFC.

BowlenBall
06-05-2012, 10:51 AM
Haven't I read this thread before?

http://www.moviegno.me/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/Ghostbusters-2.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
06-05-2012, 12:11 PM
Dude, my directv package has an old school cartoon channel. Gargoyles is on at 2am mst. I used to watch that show every morning before school. My aunt is a good lady, trying to spare us from the horrors of talking turtles, zombie killing or trying to fight off an invasion from an evil Outworld emperor. But seriously, her kids are not that much younger than my brothers and I. Thomas the Train? I'm 13 years old at that point. WTF.

My dad would show us movies like Platoon or Hamburger Hill or Silence of the Lambs...MK and Gargoyles pales in comparison.

I agree completely. At around 13 I was watching old war movies like Platoon. Die Hard, Lethal Weapon and movies like that. I would seriously have been all WTF if she took Gargoyles off when I was that age.

Pick Six
06-05-2012, 12:43 PM
When the kids ask you if ghosts are real, tell them they are as real as a Chiefs Super Bowl...:chefstink

underrated29
06-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Bwahahaha

Whats the record for people not getting it. I counted 7 I believe on the first page who answered this seriously.

"dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!"

DENVERDUI55
06-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Well the update. Kids watched Ghostbusters and it was the most peaceful 90 min of the drive. Lots of laughing and entertainment. Now if they turn into serial killers and mass murderers it's documented here that was the cause.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
06-13-2012, 08:45 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5f0b9XpVw1r0b2hgo2_r1_400.jpg

Beantown Bronco
06-13-2012, 09:37 AM
I still find it comical that a guy with DUI in his username insisted on driving somewhere rather than flying.