PDA

View Full Version : Madden 13 might be worth buying for once.

LongDongJohnson
06-04-2012, 03:29 PM
Yall check out the new updates? I havent bought madden since madden 09 because the game sucks every year but this year might be different.

All new physics engine where weight, strength, balance, and crap like that actually matter?
And the new online/offline franchise mode sounds killer. OM might need to create a league for the folks that play the games.

Madden fans have been asking for things like this for a long time now. Better late than never.

Check this article I just read.
http://www.gameinformer.com/games/madden_nfl_13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/06/04/madden-addresses-some-crucial-areas.aspx

Dang, I might have to actually the game for once.

Jesterhole
06-04-2012, 03:41 PM
The game is too complex for my liking. I don't want a football simulator, I want a football game...meaning all the boring, trivial crap is taken care of for me and all I do it catch touchdowns and talk smack to my friends.

Hell, Blitz is still my all time fav football game...

OBF1
06-04-2012, 03:45 PM
I am a huge football fan... But I do not waste time playing video games. Not a must buy for me.

errand
06-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Since i play it in franchise mode, I hope they let you trade future picks and let you run your team like a real franchise....I'd like it more if it was a combination of NFL2K5, Head Coach, and Madden....

LongDongJohnson
06-04-2012, 03:47 PM
I am a huge football fan... But I do not waste time playing video games. Not a must buy for me.
Well obviously its not a must buy if you dont play video games.

LongDongJohnson
06-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Since i play it in franchise mode, I hope they let you trade future picks and let you run your team like a real franchise....I'd like it more if it was a combination of NFL2K5, Head Coach, and Madden....

I remember reading a blog saying you can trade future picks in madden 12. They probably have it again for madden 13.

The real time physics crap really excited me though. Thats never been in a madden game before.

Swedish Extrovert
06-04-2012, 04:13 PM
The game is too complex for my liking. I don't want a football simulator, I want a football game...meaning all the boring, trivial crap is taken care of for me and all I do it catch touchdowns and talk smack to my friends.

I fumble all the time when not playing on a comp because I forget to push the button to put two hands on the ball when trying to break a tackle.

maher_tyler
06-04-2012, 04:15 PM
I'll rent it or something first...tired of buying the same rehashed BS every year. Last year they were saying the same crap. Turned out, the computer AI was still dog ****. Tired of playing guys online that run the same plays over and over and over again with the computer guys unable to figure it out. So much stupid **** that happens during the game, that it's more of a headache to play than it is fun.

eff1ngham
06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Since i play it in franchise mode, I hope they let you trade future picks and let you run your team like a real franchise.

Allegedly there will be trading of future picks, and teams will have "intentions" like building for the future, be in win now mode, etc, and their trading tendencies will reflect those intentions.

I'm mostly excited for the new online franchise. Supposedly it's supposed to offer all the same features as the single player franchise (about effing time). I just hope it allows for importing NCAA draft classes as well

Archer81
06-04-2012, 04:35 PM
It wont be. I have Madden 12. Last Madden game I'm going to buy a while.

:Broncos:

Jerry Curl
06-04-2012, 04:37 PM
I'll still buy NCAA over this

kappys
06-04-2012, 04:45 PM
Rent it first - I'll wait for the reviews at least.

The terrible computer AI on defense is a killer for that game.

RhymesayersDU
06-04-2012, 04:50 PM
Waaaaah Madden Waaaaaah

chadta
06-04-2012, 06:20 PM
you guys still buy video games LOL

Cmac821
06-04-2012, 06:42 PM
Tired of playing guys online that run the same plays over and over and over again with the computer guys unable to figure it out. So much stupid **** that happens during the game, that it's more of a headache to play than it is fun.

By far my biggest complaint about the game also, it's a freaking guessing game on defense

broncosteven
06-04-2012, 06:45 PM
I used to have my wife buy it for me every year for our Anniversary but I haven't since 09 I think.

When I play video games I have been playing Civilization. I love building my country then bombing the **** out of others.

Archer81
06-04-2012, 06:50 PM
you guys still buy video games LOL

Uhh...yeah?

why wouldnt we?

chadta
06-04-2012, 06:54 PM
Uhh...yeah?

why wouldnt we?

i meant instead to downloading them, not talking smack about the video games thing at all, sorry i wasn't more clear.

Lestat
06-04-2012, 07:01 PM
Madden still isn't as good as NFL 2K5 was many seasons ago before that exclusive BS.
i might buy this Madden but i hope they have finally upgraded it to be a better gaming experience.

boltaneer
06-04-2012, 07:02 PM
Doesn't EA say this every year?

Requiem
06-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I don't think I've bought Madden since Marshall Faulk was on the cover.

Kaylore
06-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Doesn't EA say this every year?

Yes.

Until they do motion capture, Madden can suck my balls. Changing the physics of the game is just more nothing. Are the animations going to be significantly different? No. Are they selling features that should have been included and problems that should have been corrected four years ago as "new features" this time? Yes. Is it still just $60 for a roster update? Yup.

Jay3
06-04-2012, 08:28 PM
I don't think I've bought Madden since Marshall Faulk was on the cover.

That was my last one, too.

I have NCAA since then though.

Aftermath
06-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Looks like Madden AND NHL will be badass this year... (especially if Giroux gets on the cover)

Blart
06-04-2012, 09:42 PM

Yup. **** simulators, games rule.

NorCalBronco7
06-04-2012, 09:58 PM
Madden is hands down my favorite game ever and I play the **** out it.

People will always bitch about how "its the same game", but its not true. The run blocking in 12 for instance is much, much better. Pass rushing isnt nearly as easy.

Sure, there litte things every year. But they give the game a more realistic feel.

Those that love football simulators like myself cry about the game and how shallow the franchise mode, as well others, currently are.

But serioulsy, in the end, its about playing a game of football. And Madden has done an incrediable job at that.

spdirty
06-04-2012, 10:47 PM
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/cwFkW3GEKws" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7I-IvRfVmHM" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Whats typically EA is the fact that they add all this ****, then they do the bells and whistles like Trey Wingo and Adam Schefter and Skip Bayless tweeting yet...they take out importing draft classes. Unreal. Oh well. I'll try to forget that and finally do online franchise and try to have fun with it. Looks like a truly better game...we'll see.

elsid13
06-05-2012, 01:54 AM
Whats typically EA is the fact that they add all this ****, then they do the bells and whistles like Trey Wingo and Adam Schefter and Skip Bayless tweeting yet...they take out importing draft classes. Unreal. Oh well. I'll try to forget that and finally do online franchise and try to have fun with it. Looks like a truly better game...we'll see.

Where did you read they took out importing NCAA draft classes?

spdirty
06-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Where did you read they took out importing NCAA draft classes?

Everywhere. Just google madden 13 import draft classes. As well as the second video I posted.

But they do have this.

http://mymaddenpad.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/tebowing.jpg

yerner
06-05-2012, 07:02 AM
Madden is hands down my favorite game ever and I play the **** out it.

People will always b**** about how "its the same game", but its not true. The run blocking in 12 for instance is much, much better. Pass rushing isnt nearly as easy.

Sure, there litte things every year. But they give the game a more realistic feel.

Those that love football simulators like myself cry about the game and how shallow the franchise mode, as well others, currently are.

But serioulsy, in the end, its about playing a game of football. And Madden has done an incrediable job at that.

You love wasting your time on a mediocre video game apparently.

broncocalijohn
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
I used to have my wife buy it for me every year for our Anniversary but I haven't since 09 I think.

When I play video games I have been playing Civilization. I love building my country then bombing the **** out of others.

Yeah, I played that against you and you got all butt hurt when I took out Gene Kranz's house and the whole NASA complex. You haven't stopped PMing me about it since 2010. Get over it. I blew up Gene and he is gone.

Doggcow
06-05-2012, 11:02 AM
You love wasting your time on a mediocre video game apparently.

And while he 'wastes his time' having fun, you're doing?

I think we have different definitions of 'wasting time'.

I wasted some time with my girlfriend last night instead of complaining about a game that other people like.

Cmac821
06-05-2012, 11:19 AM
This Broncos team is going to be perfect for Madden, good pass blockers, good WR's and an overrated QB in the game. On defense there is a lot of speed and depth at CB

edit: Fixed

Kaylore
06-05-2012, 11:23 AM
This Broncos team is going to be perfect for Madden, good pass blockers, good WR's and an over ratted QB in the game. On defense there is a lot of speed and depth at CB

Over ratted? Redicules!

Doggcow
06-05-2012, 12:14 PM
This Broncos team is going to be perfect for Madden, good pass blockers, good WR's and an over ratted QB in the game. On defense there is a lot of speed and depth at CB

Most important is 90+ Rated Jumping LB's. Those dudes cover 60 yards of the field.

Second is Safety, since Moore/Carter/Dawkins drop tons of picks. You need high rated ones to hold onto those easy ones.

yerner
06-05-2012, 12:38 PM
And while he 'wastes his time' having fun, you're doing?

I think we have different definitions of 'wasting time'.

I wasted some time with my girlfriend last night instead of complaining about a game that other people like.

So now you're so busy complaining about somebody complaining about a game someone else likes?

I wasn't saying that video games are a waste of time. I love games. I was saying it's a waste of time to play a mediocre video game when they're are very good games available. Madden is a bad video game. It's not a good choice to spend you're time on if you're gaming. And yes, if you like it that much, you are a moron because of its mediocrity. But really, it's probably because you haven't tried other games. FiFA 12 , for one, is so far above Madden it's not even an argument.

Doggcow
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
So now you're so busy complaining about somebody complaining about a game someone else likes?

I wasn't saying that video games are a waste of time. I love games. I was saying it's a waste of time to play a mediocre video game when they're are very good games available. Madden is a bad video game. It's not a good choice to spend you're time on if you're gaming. And yes, if you like it that much, you are a moron because of its mediocrity. But really, it's probably because you haven't tried other games. FiFA 12 , for one, is so far above Madden it's not even an argument.

That wasn't a complaint, it was an observation and a statement.

Are the Broncos in FIFA 12?

KipCorrington25
06-05-2012, 06:31 PM
I don't own a video game system so I probably won't get this.

glenwillett
06-05-2012, 06:55 PM
If they really did revamp the franchise mode the way they said and it works they way that it's supposed to then I'm all over it.

The new XP system may be the only way for me to not make the Broncos 2012 draft class a total disaster!

i4jelway7
06-25-2012, 06:37 AM
looks like if you want to play as Elway as a Canton great you have to pre-order the game thru wal-mart

http://broncotalk.net/2012/06/38433/broncos-blog/broncos-elway-sharpe-featured-in-madden-13/