PDA

View Full Version : Justin Blackmon is a moron

KCStud
06-03-2012, 10:33 AM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2012/06/03/0603-blackmon-mug-shot-1.jpg

Justin Blackmon has not even played a game in the NFL yet, but he's already making headlines for all the wrong reasons -- he was arrested this morning for aggravated DUI ... TMZ has learned.

Blackmon, who played his college ball at Oklahoma State, was arrested in nearby Stillwater by the Payne County Sheriff and booked into jail around 10:22 AM. A spokeswoman for Payne County Jail tells TMZ the charge was aggravated DUI and Blackmon will remain in custody until he sees a judge tomorrow.

According to Oklahoma law, aggravated DUI applies to drivers with a .15 or higher blood alcohol level.

This would not be Blackmon's first DUI arrest. He was arrested in Texas in 2010 and suspended one game by his coach.

Blackmon was the number 5 pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, which took place on April 26.

broncosteven
06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
WR's must have a douchebag gene or something.

lolcopter
06-03-2012, 10:57 AM
Taxis must be expensive

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 11:00 AM
I like that he still managed to represent OSU colors.

oubronco
06-03-2012, 11:01 AM
What a way to put that signing bonus to work.....idiot

cutthemdown
06-03-2012, 11:11 AM
Amazing how many of these football players get arrested.

Tim
06-03-2012, 11:13 AM
Unless he gets a good lawyer he is looking at Felony Charges and Jail Time.

Cmac821
06-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Blowing a .15, holy **** that is a lot. How does one even find their car at that point?

Lestat
06-03-2012, 11:33 AM
are you ****ing kidding me? he was supposed to be the anti Dez Bryant without a diva bone in his body.
you shouldn't be a flava clown this early before you put on NFL pads and run a route in a real game.
on a side note, WTF is it with Jags WR's ****ing up? Williams and Jones were cocaine addicts, seems like there was another one who did something dumb as well and now this...

DBroncos4life
06-03-2012, 11:38 AM
Come on there isn't a poster here that wouldn't be perma drunk if you had Blaine Gabbert as your QB.

Flex Gunmetal
06-03-2012, 11:42 AM
Unless he gets a good lawyer he is looking at Felony Charges and Jail Time.

Only in Arizona IIRC.

What an idiot, .15 is tossed up.

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
Blowing a .15, holy **** that is a lot. How does one even find their car at that point?
What?

Tim
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM
Only in Arizona IIRC.

What an idiot, .15 is tossed up.

http://www.drivinglaws.org/resources/dui-dwi/dui-laws-state/second-offense-dui-oklahoma

Lestat
06-03-2012, 11:50 AM
Come on there isn't a poster here that wouldn't be perma drunk if you had Blaine Gabbert as your QB.

that's a lie, i don't drink at all so i know i wouldn't even with Gabbert as the QB.
that said, Gabbert is overrated based upon where he was drafted but they gave him complete crap at WR. your best WR is your TE and then no one else is even a NFL quality guy.

razorwire77
06-03-2012, 11:57 AM
A couple of things. .15 is certainly intoxicated, but not blackedout where the **** am I type status. Most states establish twice the legal limit of .08 as being aggravated DWI. Or it is considered aggravated if you crash or hit somebody. .08 even for a big guy like Blackmon could be as little as two big beers in an hour. Not to defend the guy, but a .15 could be blown for 4 or 5 strong drinks consumed in a couple of hours. It doesn't necessary mean he was lining up the shots one after another.

Secondly, there is no way he is going to "do time." Donte Stallworth got 30 days and probation for DUI manslaughter.

KCStud
06-03-2012, 12:14 PM
A couple of things. .15 is certainly intoxicated, but not blackedout where the **** am I type status. Most states establish twice the legal limit of .08 as being aggravated DWI. Or it is considered aggravated if you crash or hit somebody. .08 even for a big guy like Blackmon could be as little as two big beers in an hour. Not to defend the guy, but a .15 could be blown for 4 or 5 strong drinks consumed in a couple of hours. It doesn't necessary mean he was lining up the shots one after another.

Secondly, there is no way he is going to "do time." Donte Stallworth got 30 days and probation for DUI manslaughter.

Don't drink and drive. It's not that ****ing hard.

Los Broncos
06-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Hurry, trade him to Cincy.

Requiem
06-03-2012, 12:38 PM

There is no reason to drink and drive. Ever. He was twice the legal limit. I have friends who aren't willing to walk to their houses and they live 10 blocks from the bars, but think it is cool and safe to get in their vehicles and make the trip home. They are stupid. Anyone who drinks and drives is stupid.

razorwire77
06-03-2012, 12:45 PM

No doubt it's dumb. Especially when most teams provide an on call limo service to pick up drunk athletes. At least I know Bowlen does that.

My point being is that people perpetuate the stereotype that because someone has 5 or 6 drinks in them that they are stumbling, bumbling, can't find the car, drive the wrong way on the Interstate drunk. That simply isn't accurate. Driving drunk is dangerous, stupid, and unnecessary, but it's something that I would be willing to bet that 50 percent of the driving public under the age of 30 has done at some point. I'm not going to judge the kid for same doing the same dumb thing that I was guilty of doing a few times when I was 21 or 22. I'm sure he'll pay a fine, do some community service etc.
Food for thought, using a cellphone and driving is the equivalent in terms of diminished reaction times as blowing a .08 BAC. 8 percent of all drivers are on their phones at any given time. And that the study is old. I'm sure the numbers have gone way up as smart phones have gotten more advanced.

http://unews.utah.edu/old/p/062206-1.html

snowspot66
06-03-2012, 12:49 PM
He didn't blow a .15. He blew a .24 and he was quite obviously drunk. Three times the legal limit.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-justin-blackmon-arrested-dui-complaint-oklahoma-060312

Blackmon agreed to take a breathalyzer test and blew a .24 - three times the legal limit of .08, Dickerson said.

razorwire77
06-03-2012, 12:51 PM
He didn't hit a .15. He hit a .24 and he was quite obviously drunk.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/jacksonville-jaguars-justin-blackmon-arrested-dui-complaint-oklahoma-060312

OK, he's a total jackass. A .24 is stumbling, bumbling, drive the wrong way on the Interstate drunk. That's like incoherent drunk.

Requiem
06-03-2012, 12:52 PM
Any type of distracted driving is stupid.

Nobody is perpetuating any stereotypes here. If you have 5-6 drinks (depending on the person) within an hour or two, you could be anywhere from tipsy to absolutely plowed depending on what you drank, how you handle alcohol and what your weight is. If I had that many drinks in two hours, my BAC would be ~ .114 -- No reason to get behind the wheel and drive. And when people are out drinking, it usually just isn't a beer or two. If I had three beers in one hour, I would be over the legal limit.

Requiem
06-03-2012, 12:54 PM
OK, he's a total jackass. A .24 is stumbling, bumbling, drive the wrong way on the Interstate drunk. That's like incoherent drunk.

That is the equivalent to ~ 15 drinks or more in a few hour time span. Flat out ridiculous.

KCStud
06-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Michael Floyd>Justin Blackmon

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 01:28 PM
How many Omane posters have a DUI?

Cmac821
06-03-2012, 01:34 PM
That is the equivalent to ~ 15 drinks or more in a few hour time span. Flat out ridiculous.

How would you still be standing, that's parting hard

baja
06-03-2012, 01:43 PM
I like that he still managed to represent OSU colors.

LOL

WolfpackGuy
06-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Pretty early in the morning to be out drinking and driving if he was booked in at 10:22 am...

Conklin
06-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Pretty early in the morning to be out drinking and driving if he was booked in at 10:22 am...

pulled over @ 3 am

Broncoman13
06-03-2012, 01:47 PM
10 in the morning? That's impressive.

WolfpackGuy
06-03-2012, 01:54 PM
pulled over @ 3 am

Damn, they took their sweet time at the station.

canadianbroncosfan
06-03-2012, 02:06 PM

Every now and then even you come up with a gem, exactly this.

And to find out not only was he driving impaired, he was three times the legal limit?!?!?!

canadianbroncosfan
06-03-2012, 02:07 PM
Damn, they took their sweet time at the station.

Well it took a while to get a hold of anyone at TMZ

Archer81
06-03-2012, 02:19 PM
Hard to defend this. They have Taxis in my bum**** little town, so there has to be some in Stillwater or where ever the hell he was. $20 to get home and sleep it off.

dumbass.

:Broncos:

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 02:20 PM

I blew a .14 when I was in college and i did not feel that drunk. .15 really isn't that high, probably 8 beers.

bombay
06-03-2012, 02:36 PM
Wait. Justice Blackmun is a moron? I thought he retired.

razorwire77
06-03-2012, 02:39 PM
"OK, who's drunk, but that special kind of drunk, that you're a better driver because you know you're drunk. You know the kinda drunk that you probably shouldn't drive but you do anyway, because... come on, you gotta get a car home, right, I mean what do they expect me to do? Take a bus? Is that what they want? For me to take a bus? Well screw that! You take a bus!"

Requiem
06-03-2012, 03:16 PM

AmegmenOn does.

Captain 'Dre
06-03-2012, 04:01 PM

Guess he was REALLY motivated to get a DUI. :sunshine:

Captain 'Dre
06-03-2012, 04:03 PM
I blew a .14 when I was in college and i did not feel that drunk. .15 really isn't that high, probably 8 beers.

If you're straight and you blew a 14 year old, it was more alcohol than you thought. Ha!

DarkHorse
06-03-2012, 04:17 PM
People are shocked? Now THAT is shocking

fdf
06-03-2012, 04:18 PM

Apparently it is if you're drunk.

elsid13
06-03-2012, 04:28 PM
According to this chart (http://pathwayscourses.samhsa.gov/aaap/aaap_3_pg4_pop1.htm) and his weight 205 or so he had 10 drinks.

GreatBronco16
06-03-2012, 04:47 PM
But we are suppose to feel sorry for these guys. :giggle:

Broncobiv
06-03-2012, 04:57 PM
According to this chart (http://pathwayscourses.samhsa.gov/aaap/aaap_3_pg4_pop1.htm) and his weight 205 or so he had 10 drinks.

How do you get 10? He had a BAC of .24. Ten drinks at 200 pounds would be .19, and that does not take into account the loss of alcohol processed over time.

Let's say he was out drinking for 3 hours. He'll lose .05 or .06 over that time. According to the linear progression of the chart, 15 drinks would be a .29. Subtracting the alcohol processed would bring us down to the .24.

One approximation, using that chart, would be 15 drinks over a 3 hour span. Nice!

broncosteven
06-03-2012, 06:02 PM

Not me.

sisterhellfyre
06-03-2012, 06:07 PM

Never.

But even if I did, would my being a dumbass excuse or justify his being a dumbass?

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 06:40 PM
If you're straight and you blew a 14 year old, it was more alcohol than you thought. Ha!

I said eight beers! Well according to this test if you have 7 light beers and weigh 180 lbs. your blood alcohol level would be a.14

Google Bacchus. I know my alcohol.

Here is the link for the test. http://www.ou.edu/oupd/bac.htm

Mogulseeker
06-03-2012, 06:42 PM

Different people handle alcohol differently. For me, there is actually a pretty fine line between just buzzed and throwing up. The key is getting as close to that line as you can.

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Different people handle alcohol differently. For me, there is actually a pretty fine line between just buzzed and throwing up. The key is getting as close to that line as you can.

Handling alcohol and your blood alcohol level are two totally different things.

strafen
06-03-2012, 07:53 PM

It was day time Hilarious!

Doggcow
06-03-2012, 08:01 PM
fking moron

broncocalijohn
06-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Amazing how many of these football players get arrested.

And whatdo yu mean by these ?

Yeah, I am going there!

broncocalijohn
06-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Please explain why this would have any relevance to Blackmon's DUI? If I got a DUI, i would be an idiot. Last time I drank too much, I got out of the bar, realized I couldn't drive, tossed the keys in the trunk and went to sleep in the parking lot for 3 hours. These guys are rich enough to have a cab or hopefully smart enough (even drunk) to sleep it off in the car.

Miss I.
06-03-2012, 09:11 PM
It was day time Hilarious!

Technically 3am is day time, but I would imagine even now still pretty dark at 3am.

He's an idiot. Idiot jock is idiot. Not shocking. Lots of football players at my university drove drunk and stupid and got themselves in all kinds of stupid. hell regular college guys I know used to drive drunk occasionally. It does not make it okay, it simply is what being drunk mixed with hubris does. I kind of wonder if there is not a way that bars cannot make people check their keys at the door or something. Doubtful, but I wonder. Wouldn't help with the people going to parties or drinking on their own though.

OBF1
06-03-2012, 09:14 PM
I can not understand how anyone would be suprised at all. Another NFL wr in some sort of trouble.

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Never.

But even if I did, would my being a dumbass excuse or justify his being a dumbass?

Nope but I would bet there are people throwing stones living in glass houses here.

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Please explain why this would have any relevance to Blackmon's DUI? If I got a DUI, i would be an idiot. Last time I drank too much, I got out of the bar, realized I couldn't drive, tossed the keys in the trunk and went to sleep in the parking lot for 3 hours. These guys are rich enough to have a cab or hopefully smart enough (even drunk) to sleep it off in the car.

Never said he wasn't a clown or moron. If you were drunk enough 3 hours wasn't enough time. Just saying everyone here acts like angels when we know quite well there are several posters here that have DUI's.

Mogulseeker
06-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Handling alcohol and your blood alcohol level are two totally different things.

Yeah, that was my point.

Mogulseeker
06-03-2012, 09:53 PM
I can not understand how anyone would be suprised at all. Another NFL wr in some sort of trouble.

One of the reasons I love Decker and DT... they're both pretty smart football players and they seem pretty grounded.

jutang
06-03-2012, 10:04 PM
One of the reasons I love Decker and DT... they're both pretty smart football players and they seem pretty grounded.

DT hung out with Perrish Cox so the jury is still out on him. Hope he learned his lesson with who he allows in his inner circle.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 10:12 PM

my thoughts exactly..

most of the WR's in the NFL are divas, just add another to the moron list..

lonestar
06-03-2012, 10:15 PM
Never said he wasn't a clown or moron. If you were drunk enough 3 hours wasn't enough time. Just saying everyone here acts like angels when we know quite well there are several posters here that have DUI's.

not I since I stopped drinking about 25 years ago.. Not to say I have not had an occasional glas of wine.. or Hot Sake.. then the wife drives..

had not had a drink and drive since a real doozer in 74....

Doggcow
06-03-2012, 11:04 PM

I have 1 ticket for 11 over. You got me :P

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah, that was my point.

Well, people are acting like .14 is a huge amount of alcohol. I just merely pointed out that it isn't. It is only 7 light beers for a 180 lb guy. Nowhere did I ever talk about tolerance level.

KevinJames
06-04-2012, 04:45 AM
Dude is beyond a moron hes retarded seriously f'd in the head if you read into the whole story.

According to BAC chart .27 is "possible death". Justin Blackmon blew a .24.

AT 10 AM!!!! WTF

Pony Boy
06-04-2012, 07:56 AM
Common sense says if he has been arrested for two DUI's he has driven drunk hundreds of times but did not get pulled over for probable cause. I would say the kid has a big problem.

kappys
06-04-2012, 08:22 AM
Dude is beyond a moron hes retarded seriously f'd in the head if you read into the whole story.

According to BAC chart .27 is "possible death". Justin Blackmon blew a .24.

AT 10 AM!!!! WTF

These charts are also ludicrous - no healthy athlete dies from a BAC of .27 - not unless they've got some other goodies on board.

Rohirrim
06-04-2012, 08:33 AM
People were getting on my case for choosing Claiborne over Blackmon at #4 in the mock draft. This was my answer at the time:

Blackmon has one year as a starter and was busted for a DUI last year. I was very impressed with his game against Stanford but I wouldn't gamble a #4 pick on him. He's got a volatile personality. I wonder if that won't lead to trouble when he has a million bucks in the bank? My second pick would have been Reiff, but there are some questions about him too. I still think Blackmon is a first round pick, but Claiborne is the safer pick that high in the draft, IMO.

:puff:

Smiling Assassin27
06-04-2012, 09:47 AM
2nd time tells me he has a drinking problem. If they care about this kid, they'd better do all they can to get that under control.

broncswin
06-04-2012, 12:42 PM
People were getting on my case for choosing Claiborne over Blackmon at #4 in the mock draft. This was my answer at the time:

Blackmon has one year as a starter and was busted for a DUI last year. I was very impressed with his game against Stanford but I wouldn't gamble a #4 pick on him. He's got a volatile personality. I wonder if that won't lead to trouble when he has a million bucks in the bank? My second pick would have been Reiff, but there are some questions about him too. I still think Blackmon is a first round pick, but Claiborne is the safer pick that high in the draft, IMO.

:puff:

^5

kappys
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
2nd time tells me he has a drinking problem. If they care about this kid, they'd better do all they can to get that under control.

His alcohol level tells me he has a problem - it takes some serious drinking to get up to a .27

Cmac821
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Just saw he pleaded not guilty, how does that work. He was caught and blew a .27, how is he not guilty?

Requiem
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM

This is definitely true. With my kidney issues (and it makes sense, since they process everything) -- a few beers does me in. That is why I barely drink anymore and have had maybe 10-12 drinks in the past 6 weeks, with a few of them being at the 2012 South Dakota BBQ Championships. I had two beers and a margarita and I was drunk. Granted, the margarita was huge. And I walked home. :)

GreatBronco16
06-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Adam Schefter

"Sounds like the Jaguars can and will give first-round pick Justin Blackmon a smaller and deferred signing bonus, less guaranteed money."

Saw this on my facebook page from him.

Broncos_OTM
06-04-2012, 10:13 PM
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US

Do as the business do.