PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe to play DE in base packages

Pages : [1] 2

Bmore Manning
06-01-2012, 07:18 AM
According to the Denver Post, Jack Del Rio plans to use second round pick Derek Wolfe at DE in base personnel packages and kick him inside on nickel packages.

http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/db_19980/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=kg3VIrXC

Kaylore
06-01-2012, 07:20 AM
It must have been the only way Bowlen would agree to us drafting a defensive tackle since one killed his parents.

Chris
06-01-2012, 07:26 AM
I think the dpost site is borked right now but so anywanys and so Wolfe will be Ayers's backup?

BMarsh615
06-01-2012, 07:29 AM
I just got done reading that article and liked this quote from Del Rio

"From an initial scouting look, we wondered if he was not necessarily a fit for us," Del Rio said. "The way I started, I said: 'This is the kind of guy that Pittsburgh takes, and he plays for the next 10 years. They just had a guy like that who just retired.' "

DenverBrit
06-01-2012, 07:32 AM
According to the Denver Post, Jack Del Rio plans to use second round pick Derek Wolfe at DE in base personnel packages and kick him inside on nickel packages.

http://m.denverpost.com/denverpost/db_19980/contentdetail.htm?contentguid=kg3VIrXC

That can't be right.

Anybody suggesting Wolfe play DE in a 4-3 doesn't know crap about football.

alkemical
06-01-2012, 07:33 AM
I love having versitile players. I am enjoying the direction the Broncos are working towards.

I wonder if there will be any WR pick ups via trade/cuts. I really hope Eric Page makes a nice splash for the team.

Lestat
06-01-2012, 07:37 AM
not keen on him being a DE in base packages as that means Ayers is off the field and we have a hole at one of the DT spots.
but i did expect us to use him as a 3-4 end in some spots.

yerner
06-01-2012, 07:38 AM
That can't be right.

ouch.

bronco militia
06-01-2012, 07:41 AM
bwhahah...

CEH
06-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Hopefully they can develop Wolfe. Right now sounds like he's a tweener who they want to end up at DT

ludo21
06-01-2012, 08:09 AM
get to the QB

get to the QB

Bigdawg26
06-01-2012, 08:14 AM
Putting Wolfe at DE would make little to no sense! Elway said when they drafted him that he would play DT. I guess Del Rio wasn't a part of him being drafted?!?!

DenverBrit
06-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Putting Wolfe at DE would make little to no sense! Elway said when they drafted him that he would play DT. I guess Del Rio wasn't a part of him being drafted?!?!

From the linked article.

It was Jack Del Rio who became the influential voice. Unemployed when he showed up at the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., during Super Bowl week, Del Rio kept giving standout marks to a relentless, tough kid named Derek Wolfe. This was while Del Rio was still an unemployed NFL coach. He interviewed with Broncos head coach John Fox in Alabama for the team's defensive coordinator job.

canadianbroncosfan
06-01-2012, 08:20 AM
not keen on him being a DE in base packages as that means Ayers is off the field and we have a hole at one of the DT spots.
but i did expect us to use him as a 3-4 end in some spots.

Yeah not really sure why a more dominant inside tackle would play end which causes our starting DE to sit out.

However Del Rio has seen the guy first hand so I'll trust him, for now ;)

cutthemdown
06-01-2012, 08:34 AM
Yep makes sense. Lot's of us were saying this is bad news for Ayers.

cutthemdown
06-01-2012, 08:36 AM
Yeah not really sure why a more dominant inside tackle would play end which causes our starting DE to sit out.

However Del Rio has seen the guy first hand so I'll trust him, for now ;)

Ayers is super avg, that is why. He had 2 stellar pass rushers on the outsides of him and still can't make plays.

baja
06-01-2012, 08:36 AM
From the linked article.

Sure wish the Bronco FO would let their scouting department do their work.

So the out of work Del Rio saw a kid for a few days at the columbine and EX said sounds good jack let's take him. Because Del Rio thinks this is the kind of player Pittsburg drafts

TheReverend
06-01-2012, 08:40 AM
Meanwhile, Devon will be raping EVERYONE who lines up across from him in Cinci...

:(

ludo21
06-01-2012, 09:06 AM
Meanwhile, Devon will be raping EVERYONE who lines up across from him in Cinci...

:(

Devon ??? if you mean Still, lulz

DenverBrit
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Sure wish the Bronco FO would let their scouting department do their work.

So the out of work Del Rio saw a kid for a few days at the columbine and EX said sounds good jack let's take him. Because Del Rio thinks this is the kind of player Pittsburg drafts

More of the story.

Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has a keeper in Derek Wolfe

"A good, smart player who is going to play a long time," Del Rio said. "He cares. He's intelligent. He plays hard. I see this (Derek Wolfe) being that kind of guy. He's a worker. He's got rush ability. He's not a big tackle right now. So right now his body type is probably more of a base end that can slide inside (in the nickel). We'll play him at both spots. That's extra value. That's like a guy who can play center and guard. That's OK. You need guys who can do multiple things."

The Broncos, for the past decade or so, have sorely lacked dominant play from their interior defensive front. The identity of so many of Del Rio's defenses, meanwhile, has been big, physical defensive tackles.

He was an assistant with the Baltimore Ravens in 2000 when their Super Bowl-winning team was anchored by Tony Siragusa and Sam Adams. Del Rio became Fox's defensive coordinator with the Carolina Panthers in 2002, when Kris Jenkins (seven sacks) and Brentson Buckner (five) combined for 12 interior sacks.

When Del Rio was head coach at Jacksonville from 2003 to the final month of the 2011 season, John Henderson and Marcus Stroud were one of the NFL's top defensive tackle tandems early in that period. More recently, when everyone was clamoring for Jacksonville to take hometown hero Tim Tebow in the first round of the 2010 draft, the Jaguars instead took defensive tackle Tyson Alualu.

Read more: Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has a keeper in Derek Wolfe - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20756359/broncos-defensive-coordinator-jack-del-rio-has-keeper-derek-wolfe#ixzz1wYgSHHSt

cutthemdown
06-01-2012, 09:11 AM
Broncos play a mile high! They never look for big fatties. They will sometimes bring in fatties but the don't often draft them. They have a low shelf life in Denver. Broncos like versatile, smaller DT that can move around in a rotation.

We should have a really nice pass rush this yr.

baja
06-01-2012, 09:29 AM
More of the story.

Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has a keeper in Derek Wolfe

Read more: Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio has a keeper in Derek Wolfe - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20756359/broncos-defensive-coordinator-jack-del-rio-has-keeper-derek-wolfe#ixzz1wYgSHHSt

I like the pick. That said, the teams that seem to do the best year in year out are the ones that have a quality scouting department and listen to them on draft day.

pricejj
06-01-2012, 10:10 AM
I have to question Del Rio's new found interest in "big D tackles". He reached on Alualu (307 lbs., not particularly big) with the 10th pick in the 2010 draft.

At the start of the 2012 offseason, Fox stated his goal was to get more pass rush from the DT's. Bannan, Vickerson, and Siliga are career backups who have a combined 10 sacks in 18 years of NFL play.

Stroud and Henderson were brought into Jacksonville by Tom Coughlin...not Jack Del Rio.

TheReverend
06-01-2012, 10:15 AM
Devon ??? if you mean Still, lulz

:oyvey:

peacepipe
06-01-2012, 10:18 AM
del rio should just switch to a base 3-4 defense. worth on one end vickerson at NT and ayers or malik jackson at the other end

BroncoBuff
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
get to the QB

get to the QB

This.

This.

SonOfLe-loLang
06-01-2012, 10:19 AM
del rio should just switch to a base 3-4 defense. worth on one end vickerson at NT and ayers or malik jackson at the other end

wha?

peacepipe
06-01-2012, 10:23 AM
wha?3-4 is a pretty solid defense. miller & doom would have a field day. especially if we're putting up alot of points with manning. IMO our personnal is better suited for a 3-4 defense.

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 10:24 AM

lol @ vickerson as 3-4 nt

We dont have the personnel to run 3-4, especially NT. why do you think the chefs reached on their 1st round pick... Quality 3-4 NTs are rare

And ayers was OLB the last time we tried that expirament... Why would he all of a sudden be an effective 34 DE

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 10:27 AM
3-4 is a pretty solid defense. miller & doom would have a field day. especially if we're putting up alot of points with manning. IMO our personnal is better suited for a 3-4 defense.

Put down the pipe

peacepipe
06-01-2012, 10:28 AM
lol @ vickers on as 3-4 nt

We dont have the personnel to run 3-4, especially NT. why do you think the chefs reached on their 1st round pick... Quality 3-4 NTs are raremiller and doom are better suited for OLBs in a 3-4. vickerson has gained weight to be over 300 lbs. I'm not saying NT isn't a important part of a 3-4,but it doesn't mean that overall we don't have the personnel.

peacepipe
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
Put down the pipeso you're saying that without a superstar NT we can't run a 3-4 defense?

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 10:29 AM
miller and doom are better suited for OLBs in a 3-4. vickerson has gained weight to be over 300 lbs. I'm not saying NT isn't a important part of a 3-4,but it doesn't mean that overall we don't have the personnel.

As evident by miller going all pro and rookie dpoy as 43 lb

You're wrong.

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 10:30 AM
so you're saying that without a superstar NT we can't run a 3-4 defense?

We tried and failed already. The nfl is flush with quality 4-3 personnel, 3-4 not so much

Doing 3-4 for the sake of doing 3-4 is josh mcdaniels logic

BroncoBuff
06-01-2012, 10:33 AM
Sack fanatics like me have waited and waited for what we're seeing. Finally we have a very good pass rush, now if we use Wolfe properly - and develop Ayers and/or Trevathan and/or Malik Jackson, we could become an elite sack defense, one that can win games.

Malik Jackson is gonna kick some QB keester, you watch :thumbs:

peacepipe
06-01-2012, 10:34 AM
lol @ vickerson as 3-4 nt

We dont have the personnel to run 3-4, especially NT. why do you think the chefs reached on their 1st round pick... Quality 3-4 NTs are rare

And ayers was OLB the last time we tried that expirament... Why would he all of a sudden be an effective 34 DE

ayers isn't in the same ball park as miller. ayers would be a reach at DE I admit but not at ILB in a 3-4.

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 10:37 AM
ayers isn't in the same ball park as miller. ayers would be a reach at DE I admit but not at ILB in a 3-4.

Just stop, you obv don't know what you're talking about / are high

Ayers at 3-4 ILB?? Hahhahahahahhahaha

broncocalijohn
06-01-2012, 10:41 AM
I think the dpost site is borked right now but so anywanys and so Wolfe will be Ayers's backup?

Or outplay Ayers in the limited time he is at DE. I want Wolfe at DT the majority if not all the time. I don't think our depth is very good at inside. What does this really say about Ayers?

peacepipe
06-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Just stop, you obv don't know what you're talking about / are high

Ayers at 3-4 ILB?? HahhahahahahhahahaNEs 3-4 of a few yrs ago when they at their best, started LBs all converted from DE. Bruschi,McGinnest vrable, and so on. at 274 ayers is a tweener.

BroncoBuff
06-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Put down the pipe

He can't ... he has seen the pipe, and the pipe is him.

FWIW, Wolfe isn't the only one: we drafted TWO pass-rush DTs and moved both at least part-time to DE, Malik Jackson the other.

Kaylore
06-01-2012, 11:10 AM
He can't ... he has seen the pipe, and the pipe is him.

Hilarious!

DENVERDUI55
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
NEs 3-4 of a few yrs ago when they at their best, started LBs all converted from DE. Bruschi,McGinnest vrable, and so on. at 274 ayers is a tweener.

Well we don't have any of those players. We have zero NTs. Warren only 5 tech de who knows if he shows up ever. Denver has zero ilb that can play in that defense. Wouldn't have to worry about pass rush because we are going to get killed by the run. Other than that let's go for it. Why would Denver go to a 3-4?

BroncoBen
06-01-2012, 11:27 AM
I just got done reading that article and liked this quote from Del Rio

"From an initial scouting look, we wondered if he was not necessarily a fit for us," Del Rio said. "The way I started, I said: 'This is the kind of guy that Pittsburgh takes, and he plays for the next 10 years. They just had a guy like that who just retired.' "

My feelings as well.. only the Ravens had been talking to Wolfe and that is who he thought was going to draft him.

BroncoBuff
06-01-2012, 11:31 AM
Knock on wood, cross my fingers ... this is becoming my kind of defense: Scary pass rush and loaded with CBs.

Now it looks like Joe Mays is better than we thought, Sealver Siliga might be a stone-cold sleeper, and my love for Malik Jackson is blooming springtime healthy. We might just have ourselves a real defense here.

DBroncos4life
06-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Denver has 4 players that have the ability to play inside or outs:strong:ide. What is wrong with versatility.

cmhargrove
06-01-2012, 11:48 AM
Knock on wood, cross my fingers ... this is becoming my kind of defense: Scary pass rush and loaded with CBs.

Now it looks like Joe Mays is better than we thought, Sealver Siliga might be a stone-cold sleeper, and my love for Malik Jackson is blooming springtime healthy. We might just have ourselves a real defense here.

In this copycat league, it certainly looks like we are headed more towards a Giants version of the 4-3, then many of the other versions we have become used to. Looks like we are loading up on agile, high motor, well conditioned athletes on the d-line instead of "space cloggers." I think these pieces certainly look promising and versitile for pass rush, i'm still just a little concerned about our rushing D (which is significantly important in the AFC West).

If Wolfe becomes a stout run defending DE that can also generate pass rush, it will be very interesting to see where this organization goes with Dumervil. I don't want to lose him, but it seems like he has his best value as a 3-4 OLB, and there has to be someone that would want him bad enough to make it happen.

Training camp should be fun this year.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 11:55 AM
That's it. Time to run the 52 defense.

DENVERDUI55
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
If Wolfe becomes a stout run defending DE that can also generate pass rush, it will be very interesting to see where this organization goes with Dumervil..

They will play him on the other side.

Swedish Extrovert
06-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Does this mean Ayers moves inside, or moves to a reserve role?

Ayers isn't a superstar, but he was pretty reliable and one of the better run-stopping ends in the league.

cmhargrove
06-01-2012, 12:10 PM

I just read the article after commenting on the theory.

Where does it say that Wolfe will play DE in the base defense? It certainly doesn't say that in the article you linked. It infers that Del Rio sees Wolfe as an Aaron Smith type of player, but that doesn't really say anything about the Broncos "base" defense.

Is there another article you got this thought from, or am I missing something?

gtown
06-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Does this mean Ayers moves inside, or moves to a reserve role?

Ayers isn't a superstar, but he was pretty reliable and one of the better run-stopping ends in the league.

I am assuming that the DE that Wolfe plays for in the base is Doom. Doom has never been good against the run but is obviously awesome on passing downs. Ayers, on the other hand, has been money as a run stopping DE.

Bmore Manning
06-01-2012, 12:38 PM

Where does it say that Wolfe will play DE in the base defense? It certainly doesn't say that in the article you linked. It infers that Del Rio sees Wolfe as an Aaron Smith type of player, but that doesn't really say anything about the Broncos "base" defense.

I saw it on Profootball talk, but had to go to the Denver Post article to link a source.

Bmore Manning
06-01-2012, 12:40 PM

And it's in the paragraph where Del Rio says "A good smart player......"

barryr
06-01-2012, 12:41 PM
That can't be right.

The Broncos plan to use multiple fronts and move guys around, so Wolfe playing a DE in a 4-3 won't be often, if really at all, especially if Ayers is still around. Notice how he is compared to the Steelers Aaron Smith, who was what? A 3-4 DE, but I know that would be hard for you to grasp.

barryr
06-01-2012, 12:44 PM
Hopefully they can develop Wolfe. Right now sounds like he's a tweener who they want to end up at DT

Right, and just because a player plays a certain spot to begin his career at times, does not mean that is where he plays for 10 years either. Some around here, especially one in particular, can't figure that one out.

Beantown Bronco
06-01-2012, 12:45 PM
The Broncos plan to use multiple fronts and move guys around, so Wolfe playing a DE in a 4-3 won't be often, if really at all

I understand the changing of fronts and different packages, etc. throughout a game, but I have a hard time believing that they're going to call it our "base defense" if they're never going to use it.

barryr
06-01-2012, 12:46 PM
I understand the changing of fronts and different packages, etc. throughout a game, but I have a hard time believing that they're going to call it our "base defense" if they're never going to use it.

They must think they would rather get their best DL on the field and if that means guys playing different spots than they usually do, then they are ok with doing that.

Drek
06-01-2012, 12:50 PM
"A good, smart player who is going to play a long time," Del Rio said. "He cares. He's intelligent. He plays hard. I see this (Derek Wolfe) being that kind of guy. He's a worker. He's got rush ability. He's not a big tackle right now. So right now his body type is probably more of a base end that can slide inside (in the nickel). We'll play him at both spots. That's extra value. That's like a guy who can play center and guard. That's OK. You need guys who can do multiple things."

Thread title is missing the context of what Del Rio is saying.

IF Wolfe was an every down player this year then Del Rio would see him as a DE in the base package and DT in the nickel package. That isn't "he's a DE in all our base packages" like the thread title implies.

To me this signals the FO's commitment to not rush Wolfe into a bad role just based on need. He, Malik Jackson, and Robert Ayers all have a similar tool set right now, but Ayers is the one who's shown some NFL level productivity. I'd imagine that Wolfe and to a lesser degree Jackson will find their base D snaps relegated to spelling Doom opposite Ayers, with Ayers likely being spelled on passing downs and Wolfe bumping in to DT and Miller becoming an end.

The long term play here is obviously to get Wolfe physically developed enough to be an every down DT, that is the subtext behind everything Del Rio says. A DE on run downs and a DT on pass downs is just how to maximize him for this season while he continues to mature.

DenverBrit
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM
The Broncos plan to use multiple fronts and move guys around, so Wolfe playing a DE in a 4-3 won't be often, if really at all, especially if Ayers is still around. Notice how he is compared to the Steelers Aaron Smith, who was what? A 3-4 DE, but I know that would be hard for you to grasp.

It's always fun to watch you spin and dance while trying to distance yourself from your own posts.

Anybody suggesting Wolfe play DE in a 4-3 doesn't know crap about football.

Bmore Manning
06-01-2012, 01:07 PM

Thread title is missing the context of what Del Rio is saying.

IF Wolfe was an every down player this year then Del Rio would see him as a DE in the base package and DT in the nickel package. That isn't "he's a DE in all our base packages" like the thread title implies.

To me this signals the FO's commitment to not rush Wolfe into a bad role just based on need. He, Malik Jackson, and Robert Ayers all have a similar tool set right now, but Ayers is the one who's shown some NFL level productivity. I'd imagine that Wolfe and to a lesser degree Jackson will find their base D snaps relegated to spelling Doom opposite Ayers, with Ayers likely being spelled on passing downs and Wolfe bumping in to DT and Miller becoming an end.

The long term play here is obviously to get Wolfe physically developed enough to be an every down DT, that is the subtext behind everything Del Rio says. A DE on run downs and a DT on pass downs is just how to maximize him for this season while he continues to mature.

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Actually you are changing it, nowhere does it say every down player. I said what the article said, he will play DE in base personnel packages according to the article. It was first found on Profootball talk.

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 01:11 PM
Profootballtalk isn't exactly a reliable source for stuff like this

Bmore Manning
06-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Profootballtalk isn't exactly a reliable source for stuff like this

I posted the article from the Denver Post, is that reliable enough for you?

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 01:16 PM
I posted the article from the Denver Post, is that reliable enough for you?

I don't really care where Wolfe plays, but to answer your question -- no. DP blows

barryr
06-01-2012, 01:49 PM
It's always fun to watch you spin and dance while trying to distance yourself from your own posts.

It's just as fun watching you look stupid for all to see every day. Anybody in the Bronco organization saying Wolfe is a DE in all packages and future lies there? No. Was Wolfe drafted to be a DE in a 4-3 defense? No. But you can keep the spin showing your desperation to show you are right about something, anything. Keep looking.

Drek
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/nfl/football/

Actually you are changing it, nowhere does it say every down player. I said what the article said, he will play DE in base personnel packages according to the article. It was first found on Profootball talk.

Look at this thread. The majority of people are wondering what this means for Ayers, one of the few proven front seven starters this team has. I think that shows what the thread title implies well enough.

Bacchus
06-01-2012, 02:44 PM

Don't overreact

It is only on running downs. On passing downs he would move to the inside.

Team do pass 65% of the time these days.

Bmore Manning
06-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Look at this thread. The majority of people are wondering what this means for Ayers, one of the few proven front seven starters this team has. I think that shows what the thread title implies well enough.

I don't think it's that serious nor a big deal. Ayers is just solid, good against the run with one good year with pass rushing. While I'm not ready to give up on Ayers, I think he (Wolfe) will spell Doom on run downs not Ayers. He's (Wolfe) gonna be playing UT..

DenverBrit
06-01-2012, 02:58 PM
It's just as fun watching you look stupid for all to see every day. Anybody in the Bronco organization saying Wolfe is a DE in all packages and future lies there? No. Was Wolfe drafted to be a DE in a 4-3 defense? No. But you can keep the spin showing your desperation to show you are right about something, anything. Keep looking.

Cute story.

You're the only one here claiming that anyone who says Wolfe will play end in a 4-3 'doesn't know crap about football.' ie. Del Rio, Fox etc.

The rest of your post is more of your usual deflection. Why can't you be honest for once and admit you were wrong.??

Archer81
06-01-2012, 03:29 PM
I am thinking no one on the defensive line will have a set position.

:Broncos:

alkemical
06-01-2012, 04:24 PM
I am thinking no one on the defensive line will have a set position.

:Broncos:

shhh....

bowtown
06-01-2012, 04:29 PM
They must think they would rather get their best DL on the field and if that means guys playing different spots than they usually do, then they are ok with doing that.

Read: "If I just type some more words, maybe they will forget about the ones I typed first."

DBroncos4life
06-01-2012, 04:43 PM
Read: "If I just type some more words, maybe they will forget about the ones I typed first."

Lol so true!

Broncobiv
06-01-2012, 04:54 PM

Why? Because one Manning pass, in OTA's, hit him in the gut and he dropped it? Forgive me if I would like to see a little more than that before declaring him better than we thought. :P

Broncobiv
06-01-2012, 04:56 PM
Ok, so we are going to have a ridiculously dominant pass rush. But who the hell is gonna stop the run?? It's going to get awfully tired watching teams ground the ball at 8 yards a clip as our strong safety ends up leading the team in tackles. :-/

Manning had better have us up by at least 2 TD's at all times!

DBroncos4life
06-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Ok, so we are going to have a ridiculously dominant pass rush. But who the hell is gonna stop the run?? It's going to get awfully tired watching teams ground the ball at 8 yards a clip as our strong safety ends up leading the team in tackles. :-/

Manning had better have us up by at least 2 TD's at all times!

Bannan, Vickerson, and Siliga.

elsid13
06-01-2012, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't be surprise to see more Raven hybrid look then anything else. With Doom playing the Suggs position and Wolf playing similar to the way they played Pryce.

Tombstone RJ
06-01-2012, 05:32 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if Ayers is moved inside with Wolfe playing DE.

DBroncos4life
06-01-2012, 05:37 PM
It wouldn't suprise me if Ayers is moved inside with Wolfe playing DE.

It would be nice to have a DE that can play DE on passing downs with Doom though.

Requiem
06-01-2012, 06:05 PM
MethWolfe on the prowl.

Bacchus
06-01-2012, 06:16 PM
It would be nice to have a DE that can play DE on passing downs with Doom though.

Isn't that what Miller does?

theAPAOps5
06-01-2012, 06:18 PM

Flip that around

DBroncos4life
06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
Isn't that what Miller does?

Well Miller is a OLB :).

TonyR
06-01-2012, 06:21 PM
MethWolfe on the prowl.

Sorry for the sidebar, but even though I know you're only joking I don't get the whole meth thing with Wolfe. Meth addiction makes you skinny as hell. I just don't see skinny with Wolfe. What am I missing? A joke really isn't very funny if it doesn't make any sense, no?

theAPAOps5
06-01-2012, 06:29 PM
From the head up he looks very methy, At least that is what I always assumed they meant.

pricejj
06-01-2012, 06:34 PM
MethWolfe on the prowl.

Yeah dude, if you're going to give him a nickname, give him a cool one. Jack Williams calls himself JMFW, probably from someone on a message board.

TheReverend
06-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Yeah dude, if you're going to give him a nickname, give him a cool one. Jack Williams calls himself JMFW, probably from someone on a message board.

This is the best nickname in the history of the OM...

Will be extremely epic when it sticks so hard even ESPN is calling him methman.

lolcopter
06-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Meth should stay associated with poor white trash and not nfl players

Stupid nickname

Bacchus
06-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Well Miller is a OLB :).

Yes, but he lines up as a DE most of the time.

TheReverend
06-01-2012, 06:41 PM

Stupid nickname

...you're halfway to "getting" the nickname now!

theAPAOps5
06-01-2012, 06:44 PM
...you're halfway to "getting" the nickname now!

Accidental "halfway getting" is the best! Because they don't even know they are halfway there!

Bacchus
06-01-2012, 06:48 PM

Stupid nickname

Leave KC fan out of this.

Agamemnon
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
So...we drafted a LE with our first overall pick when that wasn't even really a need? Meanwhile we have no one at DT. No one. Good lord...

SoCalBronco
06-01-2012, 09:32 PM
Odd. But Del Rio is a fairly bright guy, so I'll trust him for now on how to use the MethWolf. Not a fan of the idea on the surface, though.

SoCalBronco
06-01-2012, 09:35 PM

ROFL!

Agamemnon
06-01-2012, 09:38 PM
Odd. But Del Rio is a fairly bright guy, so I'll trust him for now on how to use the MethWolf. Not a fan of the idea on the surface, though.

I honestly think the guy is too slow to contain on the edge. He is considerably slower than Ayers, and that will put a lot of pressure on Miller to make the stops on that side (not exactly Miller's strength to be honest). Like you say, Del Rio knows football, but this just leaves me scratching my head.

broncswin
06-01-2012, 09:43 PM

Stupid nickname

That's racist...turd

Lestat
06-01-2012, 10:17 PM

that's still the best Omane nick ever. the only thing that tops that nick is calling fools a flava clown.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-01-2012, 10:26 PM
I wouldn't be surprise to see more Raven hybrid look then anything else. With Doom playing the Suggs position and Wolf playing similar to the way they played Pryce.

Winner winner chicken dinner!!! Question is who is going to play ngata spot? Vickerson? Just because he's the next guy with size? Bannan :puke: I don't know what the solution is I just hope he's on the roster.

broncolife
06-02-2012, 02:08 AM
Wolfe vs Roethlisberger

Bigdawg26
06-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Bannan, Vickerson, and Siliga.

It seems like Siliga already has the inside track for the Kevin Kasper training camp star award!

Traveler
06-02-2012, 05:30 AM
It seems like Siliga already has the inside track for the Kevin Kasper training camp star award!

And it's not even training camp yet.

Bmore Manning
06-02-2012, 05:54 AM
The Ravens Hybrid stems from their 3-4 base, they will make a 3-4 DE slide inside to DT hence the Nagta role. Then Suggs will put his hand in the dirt, this means we are insinuating the Broncos having a 3-4 base to transition to a 4-3 Hybrid....

elsid13
06-02-2012, 06:31 AM
The Ravens Hybrid stems from their 3-4 base, they will make a 3-4 DE slide inside to DT hence the Nagta role. Then Suggs will put his hand in the dirt, this means we are insinuating the Broncos having a 3-4 base to transition to a 4-3 Hybrid....

The team will be based 4-3, but that doesn't mean that we won't have hybrid fronts like most of the teams do in the league. Denver doesn't have to follow the same path to get to same spot the Ravens, Chicago or good defense teams do.

Bmore Manning
06-02-2012, 06:37 AM
The team will be based 4-3, but that doesn't mean that we won't have hybrid fronts like most of the team do in the league. Denver doesn't have to follow the same path to get to same spot the Ravens, Chicago or good defense teams are.

I understand that, I was suggesting Denver won't run the Ravens hybrid..

Lolad
06-02-2012, 07:03 AM
Honestly I could care less where he lines up just as long as he's productive if that means Ayers is a relegated backup so be it. That's means we have better players who produce in front of him.

elsid13
06-02-2012, 07:07 AM
I understand that, I was suggesting Denver won't run the Ravens hybrid..

You're right that won't be the base defense. But I have feeling with this Del Rio comment that during games there will be times that we see a look that will very similar to that Raven's front. Doom "standing" up like Suggs, Wolfe in DE position and both Vickerson and Siliga on the field.

CEH
06-02-2012, 08:32 AM
I think Del Rio is revert back more to his Baltimore days when he had Peter Bolware who in 2001 had 15 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. Miller has that type of impact. Couple with Doom who we know will get 10-12 sacks could be a formible defense especially with the lead we all hope/expect with Manning on the other side

DENVERDUI55
06-02-2012, 08:45 AM
I think Del Rio is revert back more to his Baltimore days when he had Peter Bolware who in 2001 had 15 sacks and 4 forced fumbles. Miller has that type of impact. Couple with Doom who we know will get 10-12 sacks could be a formible defense especially with the lead we all hope/expect with Manning on the other side

When he was a LB coach? Sure he had some say around there but people around here talk like he was running the show there.

Requiem
06-02-2012, 11:49 AM
Sorry for the sidebar, but even though I know you're only joking I don't get the whole meth thing with Wolfe. Meth addiction makes you skinny as hell. I just don't see skinny with Wolfe. What am I missing? A joke really isn't very funny if it doesn't make any sense, no?

It is related to his trailer park, whole town raised him story. From the grinds to glory! It doesn't have anything to do with him being a meth user, although he kind of looks like a guy who has been around the meth.

You don't have to find the joke funny, plenty of other people do. Mad rep for MethWolfe jokes.

pricejj
06-02-2012, 02:41 PM
The Albino Rhino - awesome
Tombstone - sweet
The Duke - epic
The Smiling Assassin - killer
JMFW - goat
D-Wolfe or just D - oh yeah baby!!

Mad rep for any D-Wolfe references. :sunshine:

SoCalBronco
06-02-2012, 02:49 PM
MethWolfe > D-Wolfe

pricejj
06-02-2012, 03:09 PM
You're going to say "Yeah MethWolfe" during games?

Have fun with that. To me it's derogatory, because I know neither Req nor Rev like him. I like all Broncos. If the Broncos drafted Jerel Worthy, I wouldn't call him "Worthless". If they drafted Devon Still, I wouldn't call him "Turnstile".

For me:
Rod Smith - Rod
D.J. Williams - D.J.
Mike Anderson - M-80
Derek Wolfe - Wolfe, Derek, D, or D-Wolfe
Von Miller - Von
Brandon Marshall - B-Marsh
Jay Cutler - Cutty

Most other dudes by their last name. You guys can do whatever you want, and it's kinda funny, but it would suck if a bunch of Bronco fans started calling him that, and it got back to him.

SoCalBronco
06-02-2012, 03:16 PM

Have fun with that. To me it's derogatory, because I know neither Req nor Rev like him. I like all Broncos. If the Broncos drafted Jerel Worthy, I wouldn't call him "Worthless". If they drafted Devon Still, I wouldn't call him "Turnstile".

For me:
Rod Smith - Rod
D.J. Williams - D.J.
Mike Anderson - M-80
Derek Wolfe - D-Wolfe or D
Von Miller - Von
Jay Cutler - Cutty

Most other dudes by their last name. You guys can do whatever you want, and it's kinda funny, but it would suck if a bunch of Bronco fans started calling him that, and it got back to him.

I don't think its derogatory. It's kind of amusing. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have nothing against Wolfe. I hope he does well, but I think the nickname is funny and I like it.

pricejj
06-02-2012, 03:18 PM
I don't think its derogatory. It's kind of amusing. I can't speak for anyone else, but I have nothing against Wolfe. I hope he does well, but I think the nickname is funny and I like it.

That's cool

Requiem
06-02-2012, 03:19 PM

Have fun with that. To me it's derogatory, because I know neither Req nor Rev like him. I like all Broncos.

As you know, I wish him the best. I hope he can be a difference maker for the team. I wouldn't care if you called Jerel Worthy "Worthless" as a name either. MethWolfe works for me, "MethWolfe on the prowl!" every time he gets a sack will be chanted by me. "MethWolfe rush!" BOOM. BAM!

pricejj
06-02-2012, 03:20 PM
As you know, I wish him the best. I hope he can be a difference maker for the team. I wouldn't care if you called Jerel Worthy "Worthless" as a name either. MethWolfe works for me, "MethWolfe on the prowl!" every time he gets a sack will be chanted by me. "MethWolfe rush!" BOOM. BAM!

LOL :strong: awesome :sunshine:

barryr
06-02-2012, 03:23 PM

For me:
Rod Smith - Rod
D.J. Williams - D.J.
Mike Anderson - M-80
Derek Wolfe - D-Wolfe or D
Von Miller - Von
Jay Cutler - Cutty

I find it stupid and is only done by boneheads who didn't want Wolfe drafted, so they have decided to mock him all the time. I doubt Wolfe would appreciate being called any of that crap, but then again, not that anyone would have the guts to do it.

But this is a reflection of someone who started that nonsense who has yet to grow up. That is that kind of mentality that others like him have as well where they need the world to be easy to understand. All people who live in trailor parks must use meth. All black people and latinos have to be democrats. All people in the south must be racists. All conservatives must go to church. All gay people have to be democrats. All greedy wealthy people have to be republicans. The world is not so scary when it can be that easy to label everyone and pretend all that is true in their minds.

Requiem
06-02-2012, 03:24 PM
LOL :strong: awesome :sunshine:

Sorry, if that post made no sense. I just got back from Wheel Jam and it was 5 dollars to get all you can eat samples of ribs, pork, turkey, lamb and brisket. Also free margaritas and pounders of beers. I needed to get out and enjoy stuff with friends after being down in the dumps about my grandma's funeral. I did get two girls numbers though, and have a date to make chicken wings and eat them with a girl who says, "Going primal on food without napkins is sexy." and she liked how I took down my BBQ. She's a tiny blonde though! :strong:

Requiem
06-02-2012, 03:26 PM
I find it stupid and is only done by boneheads who didn't want Wolfe drafted, so they have decided to mock him all the time. I doubt Wolfe would appreciate being called any of that crap, but then again, not that anyone would have the guts to do it.

But this is a reflection of someone who started that nonsense who has yet to grow up. That is that kind of mentality that others like him have as well where they need the world to be easy to understand. All people who live in trailor parks must use meth. All black people and latinos have to be democrats. All people in the south must be racists. All conservatives must go to church. All gay people have to be democrats. All greedy wealthy people have to be republicans. The world is not so scary when it can be that easy to label everyone and pretend all that is true in their minds.

Good on you with all the generalizations. Notice how it is only your mind spinning that into effect. If anyone needs to see the world in a simple manner, it is you sir, because you are very simple-minded. Carry on, Schiavo Son.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-02-2012, 03:27 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOg5VxrRTi0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oOg5VxrRTi0?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Requiem
06-02-2012, 03:30 PM
That might be the only good post ever had. Duran Duran is a good band.

Shananahan
06-02-2012, 03:41 PM
MethWolfe > D-Wolfe
By a mile.

Requiem
06-02-2012, 03:47 PM
By a mile.

Installing a trial of Photoshop on my non-Mac computer so I can do a picture of Derek with a wolf head holding pounds of meth in his hands/paws. Will post tonight when completed.

Requiem
06-02-2012, 05:15 PM
Actually I will post it tomorrow. I'm going out tonight. BYE.

Shananahan
06-02-2012, 05:37 PM
That is that kind of mentality that others like him have as well where they need the world to be easy to understand. All people who live in trailor parks must use meth. All black people and latinos have to be democrats. All people in the south must be racists. All conservatives must go to church. All gay people have to be democrats. All greedy wealthy people have to be republicans. The world is not so scary when it can be that easy to label everyone and pretend all that is true in their minds.
And yet.....
I find it stupid and is only done by boneheads who didn't want Wolfe drafted

pricejj
06-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Sorry, if that post made no sense. I just got back from Wheel Jam and it was 5 dollars to get all you can eat samples of ribs, pork, turkey, lamb and brisket. :

5 bucks? Dang that sounds good. :sunshine: All you can eat lamb and brisket plus two phone numbers...I haven't had many better days than that. Have fun bro!

Eh, we're all Bronco fans. People only say that because he has crooked teeth. He has enough money now to set himself up for life. People used to call me bucktooth beaver ethiopian. I like Wolfe. I know he will give it all he's got.

With so much chaos going on in the world, it's tough not to argue about party politics. None of it will last. Any Bronco fan, is a friend of mine. :sunshine:

Agamemnon
06-03-2012, 07:01 AM
This meth crap is classless garbage. No better than making crack references regarding black players with poor, urban backgrounds.

Requiem
06-03-2012, 07:04 AM
This meth crap is classless garbage. No better than making crack references regarding black players with poor, urban backgrounds.

http://barnesbeats.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/tyrone-biggums1.jpg

Pendejo
06-03-2012, 08:15 AM
5 bucks? Dang that sounds good. :sunshine: All you can eat lamb and brisket plus two phone numbers...I haven't had many better days than that. Have fun bro!

Eh, we're all Bronco fans. People only say that because he has crooked teeth. He has enough money now to set himself up for life. People used to call me bucktooth beaver ethiopian. I like Wolfe. I know he will give it all he's got.

With so much chaos going on in the world, it's tough not to argue about party politics. None of it will last. Any Bronco fan, is a friend of mine. :sunshine:

What do they call you now?

lolcopter
06-03-2012, 08:36 AM
That's racist...turd

Just as racist as the retards calling him meth-whatever

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 09:52 AM
All this meth outrage is really bringing the worst to the surface.

Lestat
06-03-2012, 10:06 AM
the meth thing is badly cheesy humor but it's also relative to what would happen to most kids who went through what Wolfe did.

i'd prefer his nick to be the lone wolfe or something like that. me personally i don't wanna use a nick in a way to bash a player on our team if he hasn't gone out of his way to earn a derogatory nick(****ing weak ass Andre Goodman)

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 10:10 AM
What do you think the team would do if we weren't here to protect them from potentially offensive online nicknames?

oubronco
06-03-2012, 10:17 AM
Sorry, if that post made no sense. I just got back from Wheel Jam and it was 5 dollars to get all you can eat samples of ribs, pork, turkey, lamb and brisket. Also free margaritas and pounders of beers. I needed to get out and enjoy stuff with friends after being down in the dumps about my grandma's funeral. I did get two girls numbers though, and have a date to make chicken wings and eat them with a girl who says, "Going primal on food without napkins is sexy." and she liked how I took down my BBQ. She's a tiny blonde though! :strong:

Wow that's awesome

DBroncos4life
06-03-2012, 10:25 AM
What do you think the team would do if we weren't here to protect them from potentially offensive online nicknames?

What did they do when they found out Taco started calling Pat a gutless drunk?

lolcopter
06-03-2012, 10:46 AM
. me personally i don't wanna use a nick in a way to bash a player on our team if he hasn't gone out of his way to earn a derogatory nick

agree completely and I don't see what is so hard to understand about that

CEH
06-03-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm sure meth is just as much associated with suburbia as with the lower class communities. Maybe they are making fun of his mouth calling him methmouth.

I'd prefer a positve nickname maybe related to the trailer park like double wide or such.

To each his own. I'll never call him methwolfe.

What about continuing the Twilight reference. We already have Edward. Wasn't there a guy who turned into a Wolfe? Didn't follow Twilight at all

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 10:53 AM
You guys obviously haven't tried enough meth.

lolcopter
06-03-2012, 10:54 AM
Its a filthy drug that i don't want to be associated with my football team, jokingly or not

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 10:55 AM
You can get more cleaning done in a day on meth than you would in a month otherwise. There's nothing filthy about it.

DBroncos4life
06-03-2012, 11:40 AM
You can get more cleaning done in a day on meth than you would in a month otherwise. There's nothing filthy about it.

http://www.methproject.org/ads/tv/?gclid=CMG87fvbsrACFQ8CQAodVFDsTg

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2ZO2Rhqjuw0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/uq6Vg8Hm5VA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swedish Extrovert
06-03-2012, 11:48 AM
....and Wolfe is crying all the way to the bank with his 4-year, $5.2million check.

Tim
06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
....and Wolfe is crying all the way to the bank with his 4-year, $5.2million check.

thats a lot of meth

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 11:51 AM
Let's just rename this thread 'The D.A.R.E. Sensitivity Training Hangout'.

Broncobiv
06-03-2012, 12:21 PM
What about continuing the Twilight reference. We already have Edward. Wasn't there a guy who turned into a Wolfe? Didn't follow Twilight at all
Perfect! We have an Edward, and now we have our Jacob...Wolfe! :giggle:

pricejj
06-03-2012, 12:22 PM
So I guess now we have MethDecker, MethManning, MethStokley, MethTamme, and MethDreessen.

All of whom remind me of MethMcAffrey.

Requiem
06-03-2012, 12:34 PM
So I guess now we have MethDecker, MethManning, MethStokley, MethTamme, and MethDreessen.

All of whom remind me of MethMcAffrey.

As far as I know none of those guys were raised by a whole town in a trailer park. One in four teens have tried meth though, so ya never know!

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-03-2012, 12:55 PM

Makes it easy to spot the racist, doesn't it. LOL

bowtown
06-03-2012, 01:04 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/10119209.jpg

Bigdawg26
06-03-2012, 01:07 PM
http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/10119209.jpg

Hilarious! This!

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 02:32 PM
So...we drafted a LE with our first overall pick when that wasn't even really a need? Meanwhile we have no one at DT. No one. Good lord...

Every one of your posts is anti-Broncos. Kind of funny and sad at the same time. Were you a Tebow lover?

DBroncos4life
06-03-2012, 02:40 PM
Every one of your posts is anti-Broncos. Kind of funny and sad at the same time. Were you a Tebow lover?

Yes the troll was.

Requiem
06-03-2012, 03:10 PM
Agmeneoasmaodsn the troll!

Agamemnon
06-03-2012, 03:10 PM

It's anti-Broncos to point out that our DT talent is beyond abysmal? hmmm...

Requiem
06-03-2012, 04:36 PM
MethWolfe, a new comic series coming soon.

http://oi47.tinypic.com/2mnky2f.jpg

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-03-2012, 04:58 PM

And you have the gual to call me an a-hole. ha

Requiem
06-03-2012, 05:57 PM
And you have the gual to call me an a-hole. ha

What is gual? You mean Gaul? Caesar had a lot of Gual. Wait, still wrong. I think the word you are looking for is gall. Did you pass the 5th grade yet?

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-03-2012, 06:02 PM
What is gual? You mean Gaul? Caesar had a lot of Gual. Wait, still wrong. I think the word you are looking for is gall. Did you pass the 5th grade yet?

grammer police to?? boy you got a lot of jobs. judge jury and jerk?

Requiem
06-03-2012, 06:06 PM

Grammar. Just a judge, no need for a jury. It is called a bench trial and you have been found guilty on the charge of stupidity in the first degree.

UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
06-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Grammar. Just a judge, no need for a jury. It is called a bench trial and you have been found guilty on the charge of stupidity in the first degree.

and Agamemnon is trolling? ha

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
It's anti-Broncos to point out that our DT talent is beyond abysmal? hmmm...

It's anti-Broncos because for being a Broncos' fan you have nothing good to say. That is anti-Broncos

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 06:59 PM

He's raising very legitimate points. Truth is sometimes uncomfortable. It's irrelevant whether its pro-Broncos or anti-Broncos. Actually, his post isn't anti-Broncos at all. I don't construe the "Broncos" as the FO or ownership. That's NOT the Broncos. The Broncos are the 53 who play on game day. That's it. That is the extent of what I will root for, the actual 53 on game day. No one else in the current organization is inherently deserving of anything so don't make the mistake of trying to wrap the FO in the flag of the team. When the FO prove themselves as competent and skilled, they'll be entitled to some deference. They haven't yet, so don't go rushing to give it to them. People here did that with McD......they ended up looking like morons.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 07:11 PM

OMG that's beautiful, Req!

Hilarious! :rofl:

bowtown
06-03-2012, 07:20 PM
He's raising very legitimate points. Truth is sometimes uncomfortable. It's irrelevant whether its pro-Broncos or anti-Broncos. Actually, his post isn't anti-Broncos at all. I don't construe the "Broncos" as the FO or ownership. That's NOT the Broncos. The Broncos are the 53 who play on game day. That's it. That is the extent of what I will root for, the actual 53 on game day. No one else in the current organization is inherently deserving of anything so don't make the mistake of trying to wrap the FO in the flag of the team. When the FO prove themselves as competent and skilled, they'll be entitled to some deference. They haven't yet, so don't go rushing to give it to them. People here did that with McD......they ended up looking like morons.

Took the second worst team in the NFL and won the AFC West and the first playoff win over half a decade with the defensive rookie of the year they picked. Then turned around and landed the biggest free agent in football and maybe the greatest QB to ever play the game. Yeah, they've done nothing. Face it dude, until this FO brings back your butt boy Cutler and beheads Bowlen--your invisible monster, you are never going to be satisfied with anything this or any FO does. It's fine, just admit it. You blame Bowlen for everything and until he is gone you will hate everything he does and anyone he hires.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Took the second worst team in the NFL and won the AFC West and the first playoff win over half a decade with the defensive rookie of the year they picked. Then turned around and landed the biggest free agent in football and maybe the greatest QB to ever play the game. Yeah, they've done nothing. Face it dude, until this FO brings back your butt boy Cutler and beheads Bowlen--your invisible monster, you are never going to be satisfied with anything this FO does.

They deserve credit for Von Miller. The playoffs? Not quite. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to start Tebow. If they got their way we'd prolly end up picking somewhere in the Top 5 than be in the playoffs since Orton would have continued to start. It's too early to see what Manning will bring. It's a high risk high reward gamble. And yes, bringing back Cutler and getting Bowlen to sell would be sweet. Actually, if Elway got rid of Joe Ellis as was rumored, I would give him big time props for that as well. :)

DBroncos4life
06-03-2012, 07:27 PM

McD wanted Cassel over Cutler. Elway wanted Manning over Tebow. McD had to settle with Kyle ****ing Orton (who is better then Cassel :giggle:) Elway GOT Manning. Our FO doesn't settle for or botch things at record pace like McD did.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Zinger if I ever heard one. Nothing more to contribute than spelling. Fwiw that is what I use the rep system for as well as pm's. No sense in being a jerk. Oh wait I think I know who it was. The master jerk.

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 07:47 PM

I'm not debating his DT posts. EVERYONE of his posts are negative. He doesn't like any part of this team.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 07:48 PM
They deserve credit for Von Miller. The playoffs? Not quite. They had to be dragged kicking and screaming to start Tebow. If they got their way we'd prolly end up picking somewhere in the Top 5 than be in the playoffs since Orton would have continued to start. It's too early to see what Manning will bring. It's a high risk high reward gamble. And yes, bringing back Cutler and getting Bowlen to sell would be sweet. Actually, if Elway got rid of Joe Ellis as was rumored, I would give him big time props for that as well. :)

Wow. I fail to believe anyone would want cutlet back. Under any circumstance. The guy is a master head case. Had Phillip Rivers running through his noggin every time time we played them. Had it not been for a blotched call by Hockili I doubt we would have even won that first game. After that one he was PR biatch for life.

Hard to wins division with a team full of head cases. Fwiw we would have never been able to afford all of them. Someone had to go. glad it was cutlet the quitter.

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 07:51 PM
Wow. I fail to believe anyone would want cutlet back. Under any circumstance. The guy is a master head case. Had Phillip Rivers running through his noggin every time time we played them. Had it not been for a blotched call by Hockili I doubt we would have even won that first game. After that one he was PR biatch for life.

Hard to wins division with a team full of head cases. Fwiw we would have never been able to afford all of them. Someone had to go. glad it was cutlet the quitter.

Cutler and the Bears are going to be one of the best teams in the NFC this year.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 07:52 PM
I'm not debating his DT posts. EVERYONE of his posts are negative. He doesn't like any part of this team.

So what? His posts either have at least some validity or they don't. Arguments stand on their own independent merit. Motivations don't matter. If his argument sucks, expose the argument, if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's simple. Just as you may find people who are very negative annoying, others may find the militant homers just as annoying (and perhaps much more so). I'm not saying you are a homer, you're posts so far seem pretty reasonable, I dont always agree with them, but you provide the reasoning for your opinion which is all anyone can ask. If someone is always negative thats fine. If someone is always homer, thats fine. It's the reasoning that matters, IMO.

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 07:58 PM
So what? His posts either have at least some validity or they don't. Arguments stand on their own independent merit. Motivations don't matter. If his argument sucks, expose the argument, if it doesn't, it doesn't. It's simple. Just as you may find people who are very negative annoying, others may find the militant homers just as annoying (and perhaps much more so). I'm not saying you are a homer, you're posts so far seem pretty reasonable, I dont always agree with them, but you provide the reasoning for your opinion which is all anyone can ask. If someone is always negative thats fine. If someone is always homer, thats fine. It's the reasoning that matters, IMO.

Well, if you are a "Broncos" fan and everyone of your posts are negative towards the team, no matter what the validity of those individual posts it comes across as someone who is butt-hurt about something. I was wondering if he was a Teboner and people said yes and then they called him a troll. I did not go there. I was just curious what his motivation was.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 08:04 PM
Well, if you are a "Broncos" fan and everyone of your posts are negative towards the team, no matter what the validity of those individual posts it comes across as someone who is butt-hurt about something. I was wondering if he was a Teboner and people said yes and then they called him a troll. I did not go there. I was just curious what his motivation was.

I'm not sure why people are so wrapped up in motivations. I don't see how motivations are remotely relevant to anything. Maybe Agamemnon really liked Tebow (he did). Maybe there is something else. Who cares? He makes an actual argument for his positions. I freely admit that I completely and utterly hate Bowlen and will never, ever forgive him for firing Shanahan and trading Cutler. That doesn't mean my argument that Bowlen was very cheap in the 2000s and this was the main reason we didn't do as well as we could have is an invalid argument. I put forth the data and the inferences and arguments I believe reasonably flow from the data and it is up to the reader to decide if they agree. That I hate him doesnt mean my actual technical argument is more or less invalid. It is what it is, regardless.

Also, I think you might be confusing the Broncos with the FO and/or decision-making. Perhaps I view it narrowly, but the Broncos are the Broncos on gameday. The decisionmaking and decision makers are a completely different entity altogether. Would a righteous Cowboy fan criticizing Jerruh's pigheadedness and stupidity make him hate the Cowboys? You need to seperate the entities here.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2012, 08:54 PM

You're a Shanahan nut hugger too. When Shanny was fired, you had an excuse to hate Bowlen. Your poster name should be SoCalShanny.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm not sure why people are so wrapped up in motivations. I don't see how motivations are remotely relevant to anything. Maybe Agamemnon really liked Tebow (he did). Maybe there is something else. Who cares? He makes an actual argument for his positions. I freely admit that I completely and utterly hate Bowlen and will never, ever forgive him for firing Shanahan and trading Cutler. That doesn't mean my argument that Bowlen was very cheap in the 2000s and this was the main reason we didn't do as well as we could have is an invalid argument. I put forth the data and the inferences and arguments I believe reasonably flow from the data and it is up to the reader to decide if they agree. That I hate him doesnt mean my actual technical argument is more or less invalid. It is what it is, regardless.

Also, I think you might be confusing the Broncos with the FO and/or decision-making. Perhaps I view it narrowly, but the Broncos are the Broncos on gameday. The decisionmaking and decision makers are a completely different entity altogether. Would a righteous Cowboy fan criticizing Jerruh's pigheadedness and stupidity make him hate the Cowboys? You need to seperate the entities here.

hey, who hired Shanahan in the first place?

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 09:02 PM

Tebow wasn't the only reason we made the playoffs. There were so many LUCKY pieces that fell in place to make it happen. Team was a paper tiger and the joke of a front office knows that and made changes. This team was going nowhere with shanny. In fact Shanny wasn't going anywhere without wade phillips drafts and player moves. He doesn't get enough credit.

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Tebow wasn't the only reason we made the playoffs. There were so many LUCKY pieces that fell in place to make it happen. Team was a paper tiger and the joke of a front office knows that and made changes. This team was going nowhere with shanny. In fact Shanny wasn't going anywhere without wade phillips drafts and player moves. He doesn't get enough credit.

sshhh!! Don't tell a Shanafan that without Elway, Shanny has won one playoff game!

baja
06-03-2012, 09:10 PM
sshhh!! Don't tell a Shanafan that without Elway, Shanny has won one playoff game!

Never really thought about that - that's very telling

lonestar
06-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Cutler and the Bears are going to be one of the best teams in the NFC this year.

Shirely you jest.. he has to play DET, GB and even MIN twice.. that could be 5 loses right there..

cutlet IMO has not heart and will give it up just like he has in the final games of the season like he has done since joining the NFL..

If it was not for his defense and ST's the past couple of years he would STILL HAVE a LOSING record.. Now he has just another locker room cancer in town, I can't wait to see all the loses they rack up..

lonestar
06-03-2012, 09:20 PM
hey, who hired Tanahan in the first place?

Fixed it for you..

Tombstone RJ
06-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Shirely you jest.. he has to play DET< GB and even MIN twoce.. that could be 5 loses right there..

cutlet IMO has not heart and will give it up just like he has in the final games of the season like he has done since joining the NFL..

If it was not for his defense and ST's the past couple of years he would STILL HAVE a LOSING record.. Now he has just another locker room cancer in town, I can't wait to see all the loses they rack up..

The weakest part of the bears team is the oline, otherwise it's a pretty solid team. The NFCN is going to be a fun division to watch and I think the bears will be in the hunt.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 09:29 PM

Tanahan was a joke in the front office..

Great Scheme guy on offense, which I do not understand how he would be so clueless about Defense..

almost anyone that is a guru about beating a Defense has to have a clue how they are put together..

IMO it is reverse engineering..

but an absolute BOZO about building a D.. for that matter.. If I were him I'd have went out and tried to hire the guys that gave me fits trying to beat his defense....

guess it was the ego thingy would have never been able to work with someone as smart or smarter than he was..

Or maybe Tanahan just got lucky with all the talent he wound up with.

We all know he could never win games down the stretch on a consistent basis, except when he had all of his HOF talent..

After that all retired his wins were all early in the year before everyone figured out this years schemes and for the most part most were come back victories on the toe of Elam..

lonestar
06-03-2012, 09:36 PM
The weakest part of the bears team is the oline, otherwise it's a pretty solid team. The NFCN is going to be a fun division to watch and I think the bears will be in the hunt.

your right the OL is screwed and because of that old wing nut, cutlet will be slinging the ball into tight spots and those three defenses will tear him a new cutlet..

no one is sure about forte most think he has to many miles on him, stafford in DET is setting records and we all know that GB is one hell of a team..

and his D is not getting any younger..

I talk to a lot of folks from CHI and they are about 50-50 on liking this guy, more and more are starting to believe they got screwed in the trade..

Most are ready to ride him out-of-town on a rail if he does not win it all this year..

lonestar
06-03-2012, 09:39 PM
sshhh!! Don't tell a Shanafan that SINCE Elway, Shanny has won one playoff game!

fixed that for you..

facts of life..

IMO I'm not even sure that NE was mentally prepared to come into DEN that year.. Suspect they were looking past DEN to PIT..

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 09:45 PM
fixed that for you..

facts of life..

IMO I'm not even sure that NE was mentally prepared to come into DEN that year.. Suspect they were looking past DEN to PIT..

They were looking ahead to INDY.

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 09:54 PM
They were looking ahead to INDY.

Yes, I'm sure they were looking ahead....considering they were on the road against an undefeated home team and an opponent/coach that had generally had their number (and were one dropped 5 yard out route away from beating one of their SB winning teams with Danny Kanell at QB).

Totally plausible for them to be looking ahead.....

baja
06-03-2012, 09:55 PM
What was Shanahan's record in DC last year after two seasons on the job?

DENVERDUI55
06-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Yes, I'm sure they were looking ahead....considering they were on the road against an undefeated home team and an opponent/coach that had generally had their number (and were one dropped 5 yard out route away from beating one of their SB winning teams with Danny Kanell at QB).

Totally plausible for them to be looking ahead.....

I guess the NYG should put a trophy up for beating us and ruining our undefeated season. They probably weren't looking ahead but if they were it wasn't Pittsburgh they were looking ahead at. Indy was the team to beat that year.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 10:04 PM

just a hair better than INDY was..

Tanahan well he started the job with one of the top rated Ds in the NFL and then decided to make it into a 3-4..

what a Maroon..

think he is one of the Charter members of EGOS R ME..

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 10:13 PM

He did a pretty good job in Year 1. They did take a step back in Year 2. Biggest issue was QB. He was able to hide Grossman's issues for awhile, but not to the extent he was hoping to. For all the criticisms of his defensive drafting, he has actually drafted very well on D in Washington. Now that they have added a dynamic QB and he has two young good RBs (getting one back from injury), a great TE and added some WRs, they should be good on offense. I'm not convinced Trent Williams is a great OT, but the OL should be at least ok. Defensively, they have good personnel. I think he'll do a great job this year if Washington can avoid injuries. They are in a rough division, but they'll be alright.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 10:17 PM
He did a pretty good job in Year 1. They did take a step back in Year 2. Biggest issue was QB. He was able to hide Grossman's issues for awhile, but not to the extent he was hoping to. For all the criticisms of his defensive drafting, he has actually drafted very well on D in Washington. Now that they have added a dynamic QB and he has two young good RBs (getting one back from injury), a great TE and added some WRs, they should be good on offense. I'm not convinced Trent Williams is a great OT, but the OL should be at least ok. Defensively, they have good personnel. I think he'll do a great job this year if Washington can avoid injuries. They are in a rough division, but they'll be alright.
and I think he will be looking for another job come JAN..

synder is not going to keep him around if they do not win a division..

baja
06-03-2012, 10:20 PM

That's because he doesn't do the drafting in Washington. You see even Snyder was smart enough given Shanny's drafting record to make it a condition of his hiring to not play GM too. In fact they hired a very good GM and he gets the credit for the draft they had.

Why is it you chose failures as heroes. Cutler, Shanny and Richard Milhouse Nixon. ;D

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 10:28 PM
That's because he doesn't do the drafting in Washington. You see even Snyder was smart enough given Shanny's drafting record to make it a condition of his hiring to not play GM too. In fact they hired a very good GM and he gets the credit for the draft they had.

Why is it you chose failures as heroes. Cutler, Shanny and Richard Milhouse Nixon. ;D

Shanny is the executive VP, so he makes the final calls, if he doesnt agree with something Allen wants. You cant have it both ways baja. He either gets credit/blame for the draft or doesnt. He outranks Allen, so he is the final say.

I'm very satisfied with my choices. No one is perfect, but I like all those guys. Badass strong armed QB who has played well for his new team (one NFCCG and another probable playoff run prior to injury), a HOF caliber coach, and a President who accomplished tremendous generational achievements both in foreign and domestic affairs. I'm very proud to support the people I support.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up, though. It's not really relevant to anything. Arguments are arguments...they stand on their own merit.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Shanny is the executive VP, so he makes the final calls, if he doesnt agree with something Allen wants. You cant have it both ways baja. He either gets credit/blame for the draft or doesnt. He outranks Allen, so he is the final say.

I'm very satisfied with my choices. No one is perfect, but I like all those guys. Badass strong armed QB who has played well for his new team (one NFCCG and another probable playoff run prior to injury), a HOF caliber coach, and a President who accomplished tremendous generational achievements both in foreign and domestic affairs. I'm very proud to support the people I support.

I'm not sure why you keep bringing that up, though. It's not really relevant to anything. Arguments are arguments...they stand on their own merit.

ONLY IF he wins another Lombardi, if not he will forever be known as the guy that could not win without JOHN..

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 10:41 PM
ONLY IF he wins another Lombardi, if not he will forever be known as the guy that could not win without JOHN..

I think he has a good shot even without another one. By the time he retires, he'll have around 200 wins, which is a pretty big deal. Two titles, a winning percentage close to .600. He has a good chance even without another title.

Shanny certainly benefitted by having Elway on his teams...he benefitted alot. But so did Elway. Of his 5 SB appearances, he only made 1 without Shanny, and it was his worst SB appearance of all. They were both very useful to each other during their careers and helped each other tremendously. Those are my two favorite Broncos of all time. I'm not a fan of Elway the GM, but as a player, he was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

baja
06-03-2012, 10:45 PM

I'll b darned you are right;

Michael Edward "Mike" Shanahan (born August 24, 1952) is the 28th and current head coach of the Washington Redskins of the National Football League. Shanahan also holds the title of Vice President of Football Operations with the Redskins, giving him full control over player personnel with the team

baja
06-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Oh and on the other stuff I'm just pulling you leg.

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 11:22 PM
Apparently the nickname has caught on. Here's Wolfe's page from the upcoming Denver Broncos coloring book for kids:

http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/38558/2503326.jpg

SoCalBronco
06-03-2012, 11:23 PM
LOL. Awesome.

lonestar
06-03-2012, 11:29 PM
I think he has a good shot even without another one. By the time he retires, he'll have around 200 wins, which is a pretty big deal. Two titles, a winning percentage close to .600. He has a good chance even without another title.

Shanny certainly benefitted by having Elway on his teams...he benefitted alot. But so did Elway. Of his 5 SB appearances, he only made 1 without Shanny, and it was his worst SB appearance of all. They were both very useful to each other during their careers and helped each other tremendously. Those are my two favorite Broncos of all time. I'm not a fan of Elway the GM, but as a player, he was the greatest thing I had ever seen.

by the time this season is over his winng percentage will be taking a beating.. and when synder fires him that will pretty much seal the deal..

He may get another year because of RGIII but I'm thinking 3rd year is the charm for synder..

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 11:34 PM
Take it to another thread, lonestar. That argument was boring years ago and you're terrible at even trying to participate in it.

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 11:51 PM

Again I agree with wha tyou said. You have not responded to what I said. It is just annoying when a guy calls him a Broncos' fan and every one of his posts are negative. Like what some people say it seems as if he is trolling or maybe he'll be angry and pissed if the Broncos do well this year because he'd rather be right on his "points". That is just my take. Sure hate the front office, or hate the LBers, or the DBs, hate the Manning acquisition, but don't come in here and hate everything about the team and stating that fact in every post and not expect people to call you a troll.

Bacchus
06-03-2012, 11:52 PM
Shirely you jest.. he has to play DET, GB and even MIN twice.. that could be 5 loses right there..

Detroit will take a step back this year. The division will come down to Chicago and Green Bay.

baja
06-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Again I agree with wha tyou said. You have not responded to what I said. It is just annoying when a guy calls him a Broncos' fan and every one of his posts are negative. Like what some people say it seems as if he is trolling or maybe he'll be angry and pissed if the Broncos do well this year because he'd rather be right on his "points". That is just my take. Sure hate the front office, or hate the LBers, or the DBs, hate the Manning acquisition, but don't come in here and hate everything about the team and stating that fact in every post and not expect people to call you a troll.

Don't you understand, they are both coming from the same mind set.

lonestar
06-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Detroit will take a step back this year. The division will come down to Chicago and Green Bay.

not so sure.. DET offense is on the up swing and their D well that DL is one of the best in the NFL.. with cutlets OL I just hope he is covered for long-term disability..

GB is a force to be reckoned with and MIN will surprise teams esp if AP is back....

CEH
06-04-2012, 04:57 AM
After Elway retired, Shanny lives off the fact he could gameplan against the league that didn't prepare for him otherwise he was below average for 9 out of his last 10 years in Denver

Then goes to Washington.

"You talk about a guy not being experienced I believe in the guys, Shanahan told reporters on Friday, per the Associated Press. I believe in em. And Ive been doing this for a long time. And I put my reputation on these guys that they can play. - July 9 2011

So much for that reputation

He's chasing his 3rd Super Bowl ring for pure ego reason and will fail

bronco militia
06-04-2012, 07:18 AM

Shanny certainly benefitted by having Elway on his teams...he benefitted alot. But so did Elway. Of his 5 SB appearances, he only made 1 without Shanny, and it was his worst SB appearance of all. .

what year was that? Shanny was on the staff every year Elway went to a SuperBowl

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2012, 09:16 AM
Hey SoCalShanny, who hired Shanahan to be the Broncos HC? It's pretty obvious to me that you refuse to acknowledge the Bowlen gave Mike the keys to the empire and let Mike do whatever he wanted.

As for your crap about the team not spending money on FAs during the 2000's that is simply not true. Mike Shanahan made all those decisions and he was not beholden to Pat. If you claim otherwise you are re-writing history. The only time that I can remember when Bowlen had a problem with Mike spending money is when King Mikey wanted to sink a bunch of money into Dove Valley. I do think that was an issue with Bowlen, and the fact that the Broncos first decade with 1 single playoff win (since Bowlen bought the team) came under Mike Shanahan's tenure.

Listen, I love Shanahan for what he did for the Broncos but I'm not delusional about the guy. He had major, major issues with drafting, defense and defensive coordinators and FAs. Fact is, he was his own worst enemy. He had his time and for a few years it was an incredible run culminating the Broncos finest hours. That being said he shot himself in the foot one too many times as the Broncos VP and Bowlen did the right thing by saying "it's over Mike."

Shananahan
06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
Some of you guys really know how to take the fun out of everything.

TheReverend
06-04-2012, 09:27 AM
Hey SoCalShanny, who hired Shanahan to be the Broncos HC? It's pretty obvious to me that you refuse to acknowledge the Bowlen gave Mike the keys to the empire and let Mike do whatever he wanted.

As for your crap about the team not spending money on FAs during the 2000's that is simply not true. Mike Shanahan made all those decisions and he was not beholden to Pat. If you claim otherwise you are re-writing history. The only time that I can remember when Bowlen had a problem with Mike spending money is when King Mikey wanted to sink a bunch of money into Dove Valley. I do think that was an issue with Bowlen, and the fact that the Broncos first decade with 1 single playoff win (since Bowlen bought the team) came under Mike Shanahan's tenure.

Listen, I live Shanahan for what he did for the Broncos but I'm not delusional about the guy. He had major, major issues with drafting, defense and defensive coordinators and FAs. Fact is, he was his own worst enemy. He had his time and for a few years it was an incredible run culminating the Broncos finest hours. That being said he shot himself in the foot one too many times as the Broncos VP and Bowlen did the right thing by saying "it's over Mike."

Total facts in this post: 0
Total speculation in this post: Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Tombstone RJ
06-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Total facts in this post: 0
Total speculation in this post: Over 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

please elaborate.

Requiem
06-04-2012, 02:25 PM
How did MethWolfe Comics come to a Shanahan debate? That was like 8 years ago.

Requiem
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Apparently the nickname has caught on. Here's Wolfe's page from the upcoming Denver Broncos coloring book for kids:

http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/38558/2503326.jpg

Hands down is better than what I did and is a candidate for one of the best posts I've seen on a message board since I got on the internet in 1995. Wow.

TheReverend
06-04-2012, 03:00 PM
please elaborate.

Sure.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fact

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/speculation?s=t

You're welcome.

Bacchus
06-04-2012, 08:02 PM
After Elway retired, Shanny lives off the fact he could gameplan against the league that didn't prepare for him otherwise he was below average for 9 out of his last 10 years in Denver

Then goes to Washington.

"You talk about a guy not being experienced I believe in the guys, Shanahan told reporters on Friday, per the Associated Press. I believe in em. And Ive been doing this for a long time. And I put my reputation on these guys that they can play. - July 9 2011

So much for that reputation

He's chasing his 3rd Super Bowl ring for pure ego reason and will fail

That is pretty harsh. If you look at the Redskins Shanahan has built a solid team. He has just had terrible QB play. If RGIII is respectable they could suprise some people this year. The NFC East will be pretty tough but I like the Redskins roster. It's up to RGIII now.

Bacchus
06-04-2012, 08:04 PM
what year was that? Shanny was on the staff every year Elway went to a SuperBowl

1989, Shanny was with the Raiders.

EDIT.....

Come to think of it Shanny was fired from the Raiders early in 1989 and probably was on Denver's SB roster.

footstepsfrom#27
06-04-2012, 08:07 PM
I doubt this...if for no other reason than the simple fact that they have literally zero pass rush from the interior line they need this kid to be able to at least slide inside on passing downs. I did a little research on him and I'm pretty impressed. I think he might be the sleeper D-line in this draft. For starters...21 TFL and 9 sacks is big time production and that's what he notched last season when he seemed to really get his head together and into the game from the standpoint of getting to the NFL level. I love this kids motor and he's an aggressive, hard hitting penetrator whose game is played in the opponents backfield. I'd rather he play DT and Ayers remain at DE for now...none of it means squat till TC gets here though.

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 08:11 PM
I doubt this...if for no other reason than the simple fact that they have literally zero pass rush from the interior line they need this kid to be able to at least slide inside on passing downs. I did a little research on him and I'm pretty impressed. I think he might be the sleeper D-line in this draft. For starters...21 TFL and 9 sacks is big time production and that's what he notched last season when he seemed to really get his head together and into the game from the standpoint of getting to the NFL level. I love this kids motor and he's an aggressive, hard hitting penetrator whose game is played in the opponents backfield. I'd rather he play DT and Ayers remain at DE for now...none of it means squat till TC gets here though.

Good to see you posting again, Footsteps! :strong:

How's it going?

Shananahan
06-04-2012, 08:29 PM
I agree, and I'm sure that's what the front office is thinking as well. Del Rio merely said that where Wolfe's body type was 'right now' made him a better fit at end.

I'm thinking these guys just want to focus on getting the defense into third down situations, where the strength of the defense is. If they have to shuffle the line earlier in games and earlier on downs in order to do so, I'm alright with it. Assuming Manning is able to generate touchdowns and leads, the defense's 'base' formation for large portions of games would ideally be that of one built to stop the pass and Wolfe wouldn't be playing much end at all.

SoCalBronco
06-04-2012, 08:45 PM
I agree, and I'm sure that's what the front office is thinking as well. Del Rio merely said that where Wolfe's body type was 'right now' made him a better fit at end.

I'm thinking these guys just want to focus on getting the defense into third down situations, where the strength of the defense is. If they have to shuffle the line earlier in games and earlier on downs in order to do so, I'm alright with it. Assuming Manning is able to generate touchdowns and leads, the defense's 'base' formation for large portions of games would ideally be that of one built to stop the pass and Wolfe wouldn't be playing much end at all.

That's an interesting theory...and yes, the trend these days seems more and more that the Nickel defense becomes the base defense as its on the field practically half the time in this passing league. Then again, I suspect the most common gameplan opponents will use against Denver this year will be to pound it up the middle in an effort to eat clock (and thus reduce Manning's overall possessions by about 2 per game) which simultaneously has the added benefit of attacking Denver's biggest weakness (i.e. the DTs and MLB). This general gameplan will be used over and over I'm sure. Denver could respond by covering up all three interior linemen but that would make it really easy to run outside. This is a tough problem to solve consistently when you don't have even a single DT that can consistently force a double team. I suspect we'll see some counter plays too, to take advantage of Mays lack of agility...get him going one way, he will lose alot in stopping and trying to get back to the POA on the other side of the ball.

lonestar
06-04-2012, 11:19 PM

I would think that anyone not named Suh or super Mario is going to have a tough time coming in and starting in the NFL on a DL..

Almost no DL type in recent history has come on strong day one.. Most take a couple of years to "get it".

I suspect that they will bring him along at the pace they feel he can handle..

Folks we no longer have Tanahan and his dummies scouting and coaching the Defense.. We now have John Fox and JDR who have built some of the best defenses in the NFL.. IIRC JDR had the best DL for 5-6 years running not to long ago..

I think I'll wait and see what they have up their sleeve, before getting the tar and feathers out..

Shananahan
06-04-2012, 11:25 PM
I would think...
I'm gonna stop you right there.

alkemical
06-05-2012, 05:03 AM
I'm gonna stop you right there.

I'm gonna let you finish....

BroncoInferno
06-05-2012, 05:53 AM
That's an interesting theory...and yes, the trend these days seems more and more that the Nickel defense becomes the base defense as its on the field practically half the time in this passing league. Then again, I suspect the most common gameplan opponents will use against Denver this year will be to pound it up the middle in an effort to eat clock (and thus reduce Manning's overall possessions by about 2 per game) which simultaneously has the added benefit of attacking Denver's biggest weakness (i.e. the DTs and MLB). This general gameplan will be used over and over I'm sure. Denver could respond by covering up all three interior linemen but that would make it really easy to run outside. This is a tough problem to solve consistently when you don't have even a single DT that can consistently force a double team. I suspect we'll see some counter plays too, to take advantage of Mays lack of agility...get him going one way, he will lose alot in stopping and trying to get back to the POA on the other side of the ball.

I think maybe you are overstating the problems we face in the run game. You can defend the run with a lot less talent than what you need to defend the pass. Stopping the run is about gap discipline and effort, and you don't need an all-world pair of DTs to make that happen (though it certainly helps). We know our defensive lines in the mid-2000s had piss poor talent overall, but we were generally solid if not stout defending the run. It was the passing game that was always our downfall, and that is where a lack of talent is really exploited. I feel confident that Fox and Del Rio can find a personnel package they can use on first downs and short yardage situations to adequately address the run. I don't know that we'll be a top 5 unit in that regard, but I don't think we will be a sieve, either. What gets me excited about the D is we actually have some depth at cornerback, plus we will hopefully have both Elvis and Miller healthy at the same time for the whole season. Toss in Wolfe's interior rush ability, and I think we have a chance to have have a pretty good D. I am most concerned about the ability of our safeties and linebackers to cover TEs and RBs. I think Mike Adams was an underrated addition in potentially improving that, but we didn't do much else from a personnel standpoint to address the issue.

TheReverend
06-05-2012, 07:40 AM
I think maybe you are overstating the problems we face in the run game. You can defend the run with a lot less talent than what you need to defend the pass. Stopping the run is about gap discipline and effort, and you don't need an all-world pair of DTs to make that happen (though it certainly helps). We know our defensive lines in the mid-2000s had piss poor talent overall, but we were generally solid if not stout defending the run. It was the passing game that was always our downfall, and that is where a lack of talent is really exploited. I feel confident that Fox and Del Rio can find a personnel package they can use on first downs and short yardage situations to adequately address the run. I don't know that we'll be a top 5 unit in that regard, but I don't think we will be a sieve, either. What gets me excited about the D is we actually have some depth at cornerback, plus we will hopefully have both Elvis and Miller healthy at the same time for the whole season. Toss in Wolfe's interior rush ability, and I think we have a chance to have have a pretty good D. I am most concerned about the ability of our safeties and linebackers to cover TEs and RBs. I think Mike Adams was an underrated addition in potentially improving that, but we didn't do much else from a personnel standpoint to address the issue.

And what you're missing is to do that sacrifices your effectiveness vs the pass. IE: 4 man read fronts on base downs perform vs the run very well, but put our DL 2+ steps behind in rushing the passer which provides a QB with a precious few extra seconds to find the open target.

Agamemnon
06-06-2012, 06:20 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't stand the way this team is being run. I haven't been able to stand it for some time now (well before the Elway or McD hires). I also don't think much of our current roster overall, because, well there just isn't a lot of talent there.

But on game days I'm going to be rooting for the Broncos to win every game 100-0. Period.

Shananahan
06-06-2012, 09:34 AM
Pessimism and constant negativity is so boring after a while, though. I think it says something about a person when all they do is gripe, complain and criticize.

I can't understand being a fan of a sports team and not being filled with optimism and hope during the offseason, regardless of the state of things.

alkemical
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
Pessimism and constant negativity is so boring after a while, though. I think it says something about a person when all they do is gripe, complain and criticize.

I can't understand being a fan of a sports team and not being filled with optimism and hope during the offseason, regardless of the state of things.

Heady Bath Salts will do that to ya.

Shananahan
06-06-2012, 09:42 AM
Heady Bath Salts will do that to ya.
That would explain this picture:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/96/ea/96ea34bfe1321eaeb57ef3ea962def70.JPG

alkemical
06-06-2012, 09:45 AM
That would explain this picture:

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/image_full_width/hash/96/ea/96ea34bfe1321eaeb57ef3ea962def70.JPG

You know how we think Japan has some weird culture stuff (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zentai)?

I've really solidified my belief that people are just weird. (That link is work safe, but wierd as hell.)

Agamemnon
06-06-2012, 11:23 PM

I find unfounded optimism to generally be nothing more than self-delusion. When I look at this team I see an aging QB with few years left on a roster with a lot of gaping holes all over the place. To each their own. You can be optimistic and likely be disappointed, and I'll be pessimistic and possibly be pleasantly surprised.

baja
06-06-2012, 11:32 PM
I find unfounded optimism to generally be nothing more than self-delusion. When I look at this team I see an aging QB with few years left on a roster with a lot of gaping holes all over the place. To each their own. You can be optimistic and likely be disappointed, and I'll be pessimistic and possibly be pleasantly surprised.

You have spelled your handle wrong. Armageddon is the correct spelling.

Shananahan
06-07-2012, 12:54 AM
I find unfounded optimism to generally be nothing more than self-delusion.
You don't seem to understand the concept of optimism.

alkemical
06-07-2012, 05:23 AM
You don't seem to understand the concept of optimism.

lol

CEH
06-07-2012, 06:09 AM

This may be true in the end but really look at the league. There are only maybe 5-6 teams with a true chance to win the SB. What do they all have in common

It's the only player on the team that you can say we have a franchise QB and a shot at the title.

We have a top 100 player or budding top 100 player at every level of the team. You can't build a complete team. It's impossible. What you can do is build a dominate side of the ball so this is the reason for optimism especially when the other side has two of the most dynamic players in the league at the most important area of any NFL defense today. Getting after the QB

I'm optimistic because of #18. He chose Denver because he saw something so why shouldn't I be optimistic when he might be the most prepared and astute football mind in America

Bacchus
06-07-2012, 05:59 PM
This may be true in the end but really look at the league. There are only maybe 5-6 teams with a true chance to win the SB. What do they all have in common

It's the only player on the team that you can say we have a franchise QB and a shot at the title.

We have a top 100 player or budding top 100 player at every level of the team. You can't build a complete team. It's impossible. What you can do is build a dominate side of the ball so this is the reason for optimism especially when the other side has two of the most dynamic players in the league at the most important area of any NFL defense today. Getting after the QB

I'm optimistic because of #18. He chose Denver because he saw something so why shouldn't I be optimistic when he might be the most prepared and astute football mind in America

You cannot say that. Last year the Giants were not in the top 5-6 teams. They were not even favored to win their division. In fact many people had them third.

pricejj
06-07-2012, 11:06 PM
You cannot say that. Last year the Giants were not in the top 5-6 teams. They were not even favored to win their division. In fact many people had them third.

The Giants have an elite QB, and a top 5 Defensive line. What's not to like?

Bacchus
06-08-2012, 02:23 AM
The Giants have an elite QB, and a top 5 Defensive line. What's not to like?

Sure and the experts said their secondary was soft, their running game was not explosive and the Oline was subpar, and they were not one of the top 5 or 6 teams last year at the begining of the season. Hell they finished with a 9-7 record didn't they?

The Eagles were favored to win the division many people had the Cowboys running second.

CEH
06-08-2012, 04:37 AM

Last 10 Super Bowls. Brady, Manning(s) , Roth, Brees , Rodgers

Thats what I'm talking about

The Trent Dilfer lead Ravens do not happen but once in a blue moon

bowtown
10-24-2013, 04:48 AM
Epic bump.

schaaf
10-24-2013, 05:34 AM
Melstina knows his ****

Kaylore
10-24-2013, 07:34 AM
super bowl hotels are relevant to Derek Wolfe and his production.

theAPAOps5
10-24-2013, 07:39 AM
If you're looking for the BEST SUPER BOWL HOTELS; DEFINITELY your best bet for 2014 SUPER BOWL, OLYMPICS, FIFA WORLD CUP, NCAA FINAL FOUR, F1, Formula One, Grand Prix races in Austin Texas... Book now at http://www.14sb.com/ and http://superhotelsbowl.com/super_bowl_hotels.html. LUXURY Lodging as well as affordable accommodations for ALL EVENTS. 917-224-1231.

****ing amazing, I was just sitting here wondering where I would find the best hotels for all my planned trips, which included the Super Bowl, Olympics, F1 AND F12, formula one, and of course the Grand Prix race in Austin Texas. You are a godsend Melstina!

Do yo need help getting some money out of Africa! I want to return the favor!

DENVERDUI55
10-24-2013, 08:02 AM
If you're looking for the BEST SUPER BOWL HOTELS; DEFINITELY your best bet for 2014 SUPER BOWL, OLYMPICS, FIFA WORLD CUP, NCAA FINAL FOUR, F1, Formula One, Grand Prix races in Austin Texas... Book now at http://www.14sb.com/ and http://superhotelsbowl.com/super_bowl_hotels.html. LUXURY Lodging as well as affordable accommodations for ALL EVENTS. 917-224-1231.
I have been looking for you. You had a weathy uncle die in a plane crash and the banks are about to sieze his accounts. Give me your Social Security number and bank accounts and I'll send you a check for 100 million.

Kaylore
10-24-2013, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know one weird trick to lower my car insurance, belly fat and get laid? If someone could make a video presentation that shows someone drawing pictures to illustrate the tip, I would appreciate it.

NFLBRONCO
10-24-2013, 08:47 AM
I agree with CEH on the QB part gives you hope for a run at rings. I do think the biggest reason NYG won 2 rings was their DL in SB. Our D is soft not good enough to win a ring right now without upgrades at trade deadline. One thing though CEH Peyton isn't usually the same player in playoffs as reg season either.

BowlenBall
10-24-2013, 08:48 AM

http://perfectlycursedlife.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Seems-legit-random-28286619-552-414.png

Powderaddict
10-24-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm looking for a way to save on my long distance calls. It sure would be nice if there was a number I could simply dial before the number I'm trying to call to access the savings. Something like "10-10-3-2-0". Can you point me in the right direction?

Johnykbr
10-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Does anyone know one weird trick to lower my car insurance, belly fat and get laid? If someone could make a video presentation that shows someone drawing pictures to illustrate the tip, I would appreciate it.

No but according to my sources on the interwebs, there is a guy the power companies don't want us the know about. I don't know his name or why and the picture always seems to change...but I still think it's legit.

Agamemnon
10-24-2013, 03:39 PM
This is one strange necro.