PDA

View Full Version : Champ Bailey #46 Top 100 NFL Players of 2012

Bronco Rob
05-31-2012, 01:39 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_KL8qIeY9PU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bailey is ranked above cornerbacks Patrick Peterson (55), Nnamdi Asomugha (79) and Cortland Finnegan (93).

:thumbs:

broncs2bowl
05-31-2012, 02:50 PM
my idol and I honestly think the best corner to ever play.

LonghornBronco
05-31-2012, 02:58 PM
East coast bias...

broncs2bowl
05-31-2012, 03:01 PM
also, I think he is going the be the highest Bronco, as all the other players with any shot in the top 100 have already been picked. Blows we don't have a single top 20 player considering Manning and possibly even Bailey despite his slowing down.

Tombstone RJ
05-31-2012, 06:23 PM
hey there's a Broncos in the top fiddy!

Vegas_Bronco
05-31-2012, 06:49 PM

:strong:

Swedish Extrovert
05-31-2012, 07:12 PM
I thought they revealed all of them and Manning was #2.

broncs2bowl
05-31-2012, 07:19 PM

That was last years list bud

Swedish Extrovert
05-31-2012, 07:26 PM
That was last years list bud

Hmm that's dumb coming out with the list before the season starts.

TheReverend
05-31-2012, 07:35 PM
also, I think he is going the be the highest Bronco, as all the other players with any shot in the top 100 have already been picked. Blows we don't have a single top 20 player considering Manning and possibly even Bailey despite his slowing down.

Elvis

BigPlayShay
05-31-2012, 07:39 PM
Elvis

Elvis was #68

KCStud
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Didn't realize Flowers idolized Champ so much. Interesting.

Stuck in Cali
05-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Thanks Rob, for this and many other threads you start. Saves me time going to other sites for info.

Missouribronc
05-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Miller and Manning are too low. Dumervil was about right.

Tebow on the list makes it a joke.

TheReverend
05-31-2012, 08:58 PM
Elvis was #68

Really?! That seems low for him

BigPlayShay
05-31-2012, 09:18 PM
Really?! That seems low for him

Yep

98 - McGahee
68 - Doom
52 - Von
50 - Manning
46 - Bailey

baja
05-31-2012, 09:20 PM
so the 100 million dollar Manning is only the 50th best player in the NFL. Right!

baja
05-31-2012, 09:22 PM
if you divide 100 by 32 you get an average of 3 players per team. we have 5 that's pretty good.

lonestar
05-31-2012, 09:38 PM
if you divide 100 by 32 you get an average of 3 players per team. we have 5 that's pretty good.

most folks forget that the players voted for this..

most folks forget that football players are rarely MENSA candidates..

baja
05-31-2012, 10:00 PM
most folks forget that the players voted for this..

most folks forget that football players are rarely MENSA candidates..

Maybe not but I'll take their opinion on other football players that they play against

Bronco Rob
05-31-2012, 10:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hgvnvDz3kmg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:sunshine:

canadianbroncosfan
05-31-2012, 10:15 PM
so the 100 million dollar Manning is only the 50th best player in the NFL. Right!

not a bad ranking for missing an entire season

Stuck in Cali
05-31-2012, 10:21 PM
I think a lot of the voters forgot this is a prediction show. They are supposed to vote for who they think will be the best in 2012(this season).

pricejj
05-31-2012, 10:43 PM
Met him at a bbq luncheon at SA field, two days after he re-upped with the Broncos. :sunshine:

TheChamp24
06-01-2012, 05:55 AM
I remember during the 1999 NFL Draft, I read a lot of pre-draft stuff about this CB from Georgia who was claimed to be the next Deion Sanders. He could run, he could tackle, he could cover like crazy, and did some work at WR too. Fell in love with him, and made him my favorite player in the NFL, and collected his sports cards. Drafted by the Redskins, I followed him with them, and watched as he became an amazing CB.
Then, he was going to be a free agent soon. I was thinking "Man, it would be awesome if the Broncos got him. My favorite player, on my favorite team."
Then, the trade rumors came out. Portis for Champ. I was shocked and amazed, and then it finally happened. I loved it.
I think back to 1999 when I went around looking for Champ Bailey cards/stuff, and 13 years later, he's a lock for the HOF. Amazing to think about it for me.

One of my favorite plays of all time was his interception of Brady in the 2005 playoffs. If only he had enough gas to not get drilled by Watson and score the TD.
My favorite play of his was the one that sparked that season though in 2005. Broncos got killed in the opener in Miami, and were losing I believe 17-3 or 14-3 to the Chargers at half time the next game. The fans started to boo, it looked like it could be an ugly year. Then Brees drops back to pass, fires to the left and Champ, on a bum shoulder and all, reads it and picks the pass off cleanly and takes it in for a touchdown. I was at that game, and the stadium absolutely LIT UP once that happened, and from then on out it was LOUD.

JLesSPE
06-01-2012, 06:19 AM

Totally agree. Not only is he one of if not the best CB to ever play but he's been 100% class the entire time. Considering the frustrating circumstances he's had in both WAS and DEN, he just kept his nose to the grind stone and did his job. I hope we have the opportunity to watch him for a few more years. Gotta get him that ring.

Tombstone RJ
06-01-2012, 09:34 AM
Champ knows Manning is his best shot at a ring. He's probably as pumped up for the upcoming season has he's ever been.

hookemhess
06-01-2012, 12:31 PM
Didn't realize Flowers idolized Champ so much. Interesting.

I think most corners in the league probably feel the same way. He's pretty much been the standard for over 10 years now.

Broncos4Life
06-01-2012, 04:49 PM
I remember during the 1999 NFL Draft, I read a lot of pre-draft stuff about this CB from Georgia who was claimed to be the next Deion Sanders. He could run, he could tackle, he could cover like crazy, and did some work at WR too. Fell in love with him, and made him my favorite player in the NFL, and collected his sports cards. Drafted by the Redskins, I followed him with them, and watched as he became an amazing CB.
Then, he was going to be a free agent soon. I was thinking "Man, it would be awesome if the Broncos got him. My favorite player, on my favorite team."
Then, the trade rumors came out. Portis for Champ. I was shocked and amazed, and then it finally happened. I loved it.
I think back to 1999 when I went around looking for Champ Bailey cards/stuff, and 13 years later, he's a lock for the HOF. Amazing to think about it for me.

One of my favorite plays of all time was his interception of Brady in the 2005 playoffs. If only he had enough gas to not get drilled by Watson and score the TD.
My favorite play of his was the one that sparked that season though in 2005. Broncos got killed in the opener in Miami, and were losing I believe 17-3 or 14-3 to the Chargers at half time the next game. The fans started to boo, it looked like it could be an ugly year. Then Brees drops back to pass, fires to the left and Champ, on a bum shoulder and all, reads it and picks the pass off cleanly and takes it in for a touchdown. I was at that game, and the stadium absolutely LIT UP once that happened, and from then on out it was LOUD.

Great post man! Hes made a bunch of awesome plays since hes been in Denver. That one you brought up in Denver against the Chargers was definitely one of my favs. I was watching that game and I bet that game was a ton of fun! I'd have to say the pick 6 he made in Dallas on Thanksgiving in the same season was my favorite play. I was watching the game next to my grandpa and hes talking trash and next thing I know Bailey picks off this under thrown Bledsoe ball that almost hits the turf. I was going nuts!

Also, runner ups:

Saints game where he flies like Super Man from the opposite side of the end zone to make a pick, dragging his feet in bounds.

Even sweeter was the jump ball pick against Mcnair and the Ratbirds at the end of the 1st half in the rain. Think the D had 3 picks in that game as well. DW snatched 1 of em. I would love to see that this year in Baltimore!

Willynowei
06-01-2012, 06:53 PM
You could argue Champ is the greatest corner ever.

His consistency, performance, highlight reel plays and all around ability to make plays at the cornerback position is amazing in and of itself. But when you take into account the type of pass happy environment the NFL has created with the stricter defensive holding penalties, for champ to dominate the way he has is a miracle.

HILife
06-01-2012, 07:15 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/YK4ThkJKqMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>