PDA

View Full Version : Jim Harbaugh: we we never really chasing Manning

Mile High Salute
05-31-2012, 12:22 PM
We always wanted Alex Smith.

Hilarious!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7989980/jim-harbaugh-insists-alex-smith-not-peyton-manning-was-san-francisco-49ers-plan

BroncoBen
05-31-2012, 12:25 PM
Of course Alex Smith is who they wanted all along... ~wink~

houghtam
05-31-2012, 12:30 PM
This could easily be resolved by asking Manning if he was contacted by the 9ers. No one has the balls to ask that though, and Manning wouldn't have the sack to answer it.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-31-2012, 12:34 PM
This could easily be resolved by asking Manning if he was contacted by the 9ers. No one has the balls to ask that though, and Manning wouldn't have the sack to answer it.

What are you talking about? They gave him a private workout.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
What are you talking about? They gave him a private workout.

Stupid is just some people's nature.

Blueflame
05-31-2012, 12:36 PM
"Those grapes up there were sour anyway"... LOL

Highly transparent damage control at work here... ;D

Ray Finkle
05-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Cue Josh McDaniels,

"We were not trying to trade Jay Cutler"....

Kaylore
05-31-2012, 12:38 PM

Or we could just remember they worked him out, and flew several top coaches and their entire medical team to Tennessee to do it.

GreatBronco16
05-31-2012, 12:39 PM
I was looking for the hooked on phonics thread. Is this it?

Miss I.
05-31-2012, 12:50 PM
I was looking for the hooked on phonics thread. Is this it?

what's a phonics? is that the bird that rises out of the asses?

:)

TonyR
05-31-2012, 12:52 PM
There are lies.
There are damn lies.
There are statistics.

And then, there is this bullsh*t...

Mile High Salute
05-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Cue Josh McDaniels,

"We were not trying to trade Jay Cutler"....

Honorable mention: "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" and "it all depends on the meaning of the word is."
:~ohyah!:

Houshyamama
05-31-2012, 01:52 PM
"I've said it all along, this 1987 Toyota Corolla is my car," Harbaugh said. "There's no scenario other than this Toyota choosing to sign with another team that I would have considered it not my car. It's time to set the record straight.

"I never planned on choosing the Ferrari. That would be ridiculous. This Corolla is just fine."

bronco militia
05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
"I've said it all along, this 1987 Toyota Corolla is my car," Harbaugh said. "There's no scenario other than this Toyota choosing to sign with another team that I would have considered it not my car. It's time to set the record straight.

"I never planned on choosing the Ferrari. That would be ridiculous. This Corolla is just fine."

Hilarious!Hilarious!

perfect

Blueflame
05-31-2012, 01:56 PM
Candor would probably have worked best here... It's not like anyone's gonna buy the denial anyway; everyone knows they were chasing Manning. It's totally understandable... and not a diss to Alex Smith... if his team explored the possibility of signing a guy who's among the very best to ever play the position. If they had even a scintilla of a chance of landing Manning, it would have been remiss not to try.

Kaylore
05-31-2012, 02:03 PM

:giggle:

Mogulseeker
05-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Harbaugh got Alex Smith to play mistake-free football.

We'll see how he responds this year, and whether or not last year was a fluke. If he repeats 2011 in 2012, he's a franchise QB.

Shananahan
05-31-2012, 02:27 PM
"Anytime a guy like Manning becomes available and the future of your QB position isn't set in stone you have to take a look and weigh your options. We just wanted to consider all of the possibilities and examine any way available to improve our team."

How do you mess this up?

The Joker
05-31-2012, 02:27 PM
I love how he criticizes other people for being phony while making incredibly phony comments.

CEH
05-31-2012, 03:32 PM
Remember in Manning Press Conference, Elway quoted Manning as saying he had to call 3 teams to let them know of his decision.

Was there a 3rd mystery team and not SF. Probably not

bombay
05-31-2012, 03:35 PM
Harbaugh is a very strange person. He better stay very successful if he wants to stay employed.

errand
05-31-2012, 03:38 PM

Or perhaps Manning would be the class act he always has been and just not answer the "who gives a **** " question.....

Cito Pelon
05-31-2012, 03:40 PM
Or he could have said, "Get outta my face!"

Kaylore
05-31-2012, 03:47 PM
Remember in Manning Press Conference, Elway quoted Manning as saying he had to call 3 teams to let them know of his decision.

Was there a 3rd mystery team and not SF. Probably not

The Chiefs!

K, not really.

DENVERDUI55
05-31-2012, 04:40 PM
That's why they let smith shop around and drive up his price.

KCStud
05-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Of course Harbaugh tried. You any SF fan or staff wouldn't get a chubby over Manning taking control of that team.

They easily would have been the best in the league with him (on paper).

R-Mac
05-31-2012, 05:15 PM
This is such a lie, it's really funny. Steve Young was already celebrating Manning to the 49ers, calling the other teams "pretenders". Alex Smith knew the 49ers wanted Manning. Manning made phone calls to Tennessee and San Francisco to tell them he was going to sign with the Broncos. Manning said it was tough to call those other teams to give them bad news. Manning even said he was going to talk to Alex Smith to apologize for that whole process.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M6MioDacgoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/49ers-sign-peyton-manning-alex-smiths-confidence/123922

On Friday we learned that the Niners are interested in Manning and have been secretly pursuing him.

ESPN reported the 49ers worked out Manning and gave him a physical last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/22/alex-smith-not-offended-at-all-that-49ers-tried-to-sign-peyton-manning/

Now that he’s signed a three-year contract to remain the 49ers’ quarterback, Alex Smith said it doesn’t bother him that his team hoped to sign Peyton Manning instead.

“Not offended at all,” Smith said, via the San Francisco Chronicle. “In fact, I would have relished the opportunity to compete for the starting quarterback job with Peyton Manning.”

The reality, of course, is that Smith wouldn’t have had that opportunity: If Manning had chosen the 49ers, the team would have said sayonara to Smith, made Manning the starter and let Colin Kaepernick back him up.

Mogulseeker
05-31-2012, 05:39 PM
Watching that video, I get the feeling that Manning choose DEnver because of how low-profile the process was.

Everyone else ruined their chances when they totally rolled out the red carpet.

Mile High Salute
05-31-2012, 08:01 PM
Of course Harbaugh tried. You any SF fan or staff wouldn't get a chubby over Manning taking control of that team.

They easily would have been the best in the league with him (on paper).

Wait a minute...I thought Manning was made of glass, and the first hit he takes the Broncos' season is over.

At least that's what Chef fans keep telling me...
:nutkick:bronxrox:

KCStud
05-31-2012, 09:03 PM
Wait a minute...I thought Manning was made of glass, and the first hit he takes the Broncos' season is over.

At least that's what Chef fans keep telling me...
:nutkick:bronxrox:

Haven't seen any Chiefs fans say that, unless you're going to CP

Garcia Bronco
06-01-2012, 08:53 AM
This was said before they were "interested" ...they did want Alex Smith.

canadianbroncosfan
06-01-2012, 09:22 AM

Hilarious!

Powderaddict
06-01-2012, 09:28 AM
Who does he think is buying that load of crap?

Stuck in Cali
06-01-2012, 02:42 PM
This is laughable. Wonder if anyone even believes this phony crap.

Miss I.
06-01-2012, 02:54 PM
No rose for you SF.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-srvTZgUN1fQ/TxT1degj3OI/AAAAAAAAAdY/o3LMHgi1FXE/s1600/No+rose.jpg