PDA

View Full Version : OT: Male Patterned Baldness

Br0nc0Buster
05-29-2012, 07:39 PM
Yeah so so got out of the shower the other day and noticed the hair on my scalp is just a little bit thinner than it normally is

Looks like I might be entering the early stage of starting to lose my hair

Anywho, I am wondering if anyone has had any success with slowing down MPB, or sustaining the hair the currently have

As far as I know there is no cure, but maybe there are some things out there that can help slow it down

So anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks

hades
05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
I just said the hell with it and have thinning hair. Just don't look in the mirror often and you'll hardly notice, that's what I do!

broncosteven
05-29-2012, 07:44 PM
Start growing one side long enough to comb to the other side.

baja
05-29-2012, 07:46 PM
Put goats milk on it.

Archer81
05-29-2012, 07:50 PM
You could try propecia or rogaine, but that is fighting a battle of attrition. You are going to lose that battle.

My advice, cut it short and enjoy what you have while you have it.

:Broncos:

broncosteven
05-29-2012, 07:54 PM
You could try propecia or rogaine, but that is fighting a battle of attrition. You are going to lose that battle.

My advice, cut it short and enjoy what you have while you have it.

Flat tops rule.

Chris
05-29-2012, 07:58 PM
Lots of info here my friend

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=103528

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zZc6VZmbkJU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DomCasual
05-29-2012, 08:14 PM
As soon as I realized I was losing my hair, I just shaved my head. BAM! Checkmate, Mother Nature!

Broncobiv
05-29-2012, 08:16 PM
Unicorn semen.

hades
05-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Flat tops rule.

L O L, I almost got a flat top a while back! My barber has it easy with my cut, #2 on the sides, #4 on top. I swear, 30 seconds after I towel dry my hair, it is completely dry. Short hair is so easy, no comb, brush or gel required!

doonwise
05-29-2012, 08:19 PM
Unicorn semen.

Don't listen to this idiot - unicorn semen is only useful as a mouthwash and will do nothing to fight your male pattern baldness.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah so so got out of the shower the other day and noticed the hair on my scalp is just a little bit thinner than it normally is

Anywho, I am wondering if anyone has had any success with slowing down MPB, or sustaining the hair the currently have

As far as I know there is no cure, but maybe there are some things out there that can help slow it down

Thanks

If your losing it on the crown like ginobili then maybe rogaine. They say it only works on that part of the head. Not on the front.

To the poster who said the 2 and 4 clips reference, so true! I use the 5 all over and it's dry after a couple towel rubs. I look like a chia pet but it's simple and easy.

barryr
05-29-2012, 09:27 PM
As soon as I realized I was losing my hair, I just shaved my head. BAM! Checkmate, Mother Nature!

Same with me. Trying to grow hair with chemicals that I doubt are great for your health just wasn't worth it to me. My hair wanted to desert me, so hit the road buddy ;)

Punisher
05-29-2012, 09:28 PM
Shave ya head bald and stop being a pu$$ the hell with hair

Mogulseeker
05-29-2012, 09:32 PM
The solution to male pattern baldness:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__26/ept_sports_nfl_experts-850046638-1285181052.jpg?ym8J.zDDniJhrp7B

Bronco X
05-29-2012, 10:18 PM
Another vote for head shaving. I did it a couple of months ago. I actually had long hair in a pony tail before. The reactions have been entertaining. Especially with women. 8')

Archer81
05-29-2012, 10:49 PM
The solution to male pattern baldness:

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nfl_experts__26/ept_sports_nfl_experts-850046638-1285181052.jpg?ym8J.zDDniJhrp7B

Become a member of white snake?

broncocalijohn
05-29-2012, 11:04 PM
I use Rogaine on the crown and not sure how much it works but I am trying since last year. Getting old has its downside too. Gray hair on my sides is taking over the brown. I look at pictures when I got married 12 years ago and my hair was a nice dark brown with a few gray hairs (I started getting a few at 28 years of age). If I could afford laser surgery for hair loss, I would do it in a heartbeat...while I still have that at least.

baja
05-29-2012, 11:10 PM
I have white hair, lots of it.

myMind
05-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Stop being superficial and accept who you are.

broncocalijohn
05-30-2012, 12:22 AM
Stop being superficial and accept who you are.

well, we wear clothes. Not just rags or regular cloth but clothes that we feel comfortable in. If you can remove an ugly mole from your nose, you would most likely do it. Clift lip? Have surgery. There are degrees of being superficial and I don't think stoping baldness is looked down upon.

SPORTSWRITER
05-30-2012, 12:28 AM
Unicorn semen.

Maybe try Unicorn vaginal juice too. Very :strong: stuff. Neighbor was skin thin on top; now dude's head favors Unicorn mane! Even dyed it orange!:approve: J/K!! :~ohyah!:

Seriously, I'm bald, but just said to heck with it years ago. Most chicks don't seem to mind as much as one might think. Still got my pubes, legs and chest hair. The only "cure" I know is a hair transplant. Big bucks, though! Good luck!

LRtagger
05-30-2012, 05:44 AM
**** hair

TheReverend
05-30-2012, 06:27 AM

Thanks

http://dobrochan.ru/src/png/1102/t210768_i-know-that-feel.png

Dr. Broncenstein
05-30-2012, 07:49 AM
Start growing one side long enough to comb to the other side.

Lol

Beantown Bronco
05-30-2012, 07:52 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ci6YPGQedr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dr. Broncenstein
05-30-2012, 07:57 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ci6YPGQedr0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You'll get Munsoned hanging around here.

Jason in LA
05-30-2012, 08:09 AM

When I was growing up and seeing George Jefferson on TV, I thought that the second my hair starts thinning it's gone. No way am I rocking that look. I hit my mid 20s and the hair on my crown started thinning a lot, so I started shaving and came to find out that chicks dig the bald head. Yep, I'm winning!

Majik
05-30-2012, 02:42 PM
http://health.yahoo.net/articles/mens-health/photos/how-prevent-hair-loss#0

SonOfLe-loLang
05-30-2012, 02:50 PM
In the words of costanza...LIVE goddamnit!

My hairline hasnt changed much, but the hair started really thinning on top...so i buzz it down pretty short.

broncocalijohn
05-30-2012, 02:51 PM
http://health.yahoo.net/articles/mens-health/photos/how-prevent-hair-loss#0

I never thought Majik, the (former?) emo kid would care about male pattern baldness. You aren't that old, are you Majik?

Majik
05-30-2012, 05:14 PM
No hair loss problem for me, I just happened to see the headline for that article while I was browsing Yahoo at lunch today.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-30-2012, 05:30 PM
The hair loss isn't a problem for me but those rogue gray hairs are starting to posse up.

Someone mentioned on another thread the maestro's balm. If you can get a hold of that stuff rub it on the crown of your head and see what happens.

yerner
05-30-2012, 06:42 PM
Nizoral shampoo is supposed to help. Blocks the hormones or some ****.

cutthemdown
05-30-2012, 08:07 PM
When I was growing up and seeing George Jefferson on TV, I thought that the second my hair starts thinning it's gone. No way am I rocking that look. I hit my mid 20s and the hair on my crown started thinning a lot, so I started shaving and came to find out that chicks dig the bald head. Yep, I'm winning!

Lets face it though, it looks better on the brothers.

Chris
05-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Looked good on these dudes

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v641/ratherbrightred/random/gollum.gif

Bacchus
05-31-2012, 03:22 AM

Thanks

Maybe you just need glasses^5

Endy
05-31-2012, 08:10 AM
Propecia. Works very well. I've been using it since 2004. Kind of expensive though.

There's a way around that, but it takes a finger up your butt. Seriously. I was having problems with my prostate and went to my Doc. He gave me the good old finger in the balloon knot exam and told me it was enlarged. Yep. I knew that. Thanks for probing my exit-only.

Anyway, he was going to prescribe me Proscar, but guess what? Proscar and Propecia are both the same drug (finasteride) and Proscar is essentially just Propecia multiplied by 5. That's how they figured out Propecia worked. They noticed that dudes on Proscar grew hair back. How much Proscar does it take? Apparently 1/5 as much.

So, Proscar is 5mg and is $10 a month on my insurance. Propecia is 1mg and was $60 a month because insurance doesn't cover it.

If you get a prescription for Proscar you can cut it into fourths and it is essentially Propecia. A 30 day supply will last you for 120 days at $10 (or whatever your copay is). A 120 day supply of Propecia will run you about $240.

Is saving about $900 a year worth a finger in the turd cutter? That's a question only you can answer. However, if you've been having prostate issues too, it is worth it.

Captain 'Dre
05-31-2012, 06:02 PM

I just turned 59, and always had a very full head of hair until just the last couple of years. Now, it's thin at the 'skull seams' (the 'y' shaped ridges in the top of the cranium) and in the very front. I've gone to a buzz cut, and love how low-maintenance it is. And unless a guy has a weirdly shaped skull, using the number #1 attachment gives you a pretty good look.

No more expensive haircuts, and no wasted time with drying my hair. And you can't "sleep on it wrong". :)

oubronco
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
Just shave the shyt off and be done with it, but be very careful for sunburn that shyt hurts bad!!

Vegas_Bronco
05-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Don't mess with the Jesus.