PDA

View Full Version : A Slower, Wiser Ladanian Tomlinson In Denver?

Ronnie Tsunami
05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
Motha****aaaa destroyed our team for over half a decade. Now that he's lost what was once the premier skill set in the NFL, I'd love to bring this former Charger in to work with Hillman - at A Bargain price.

I think he'd be a vastly improved 3rd down back over anything we have right now, and I think he's Manning's dream back - cerebral, quite a good blocker, and can catch, something that doesn't really fade with age.

Reasons why I don't think he'd ever come to Denver: He might not even consider any other AFC West destination an option; he doesn't want to stab San Diego in the back in any way, shape or form.

cutthemdown
05-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Broncos IMO have been trying to get younger. They already brought in one older RB, don't see them bringing in another one, but you never know.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-29-2012, 09:30 AM
Would still be faster than Moreno.

SouthStndJunkie
05-29-2012, 09:31 AM
No thanks....it would take carries away from Hillman.

CEH
05-29-2012, 09:37 AM
Maghee is old enough. No to LT . Let him ride off into the sunset ringless
Guys is a pussy. Rivers played the AFCC game with a torn ACL. LT sat on the sideline in a down jacket

TonyR
05-29-2012, 09:38 AM
Interesting. But not going to happen.

baja
05-29-2012, 09:42 AM
I bet Earl Campbell would play for the vet minimum

bronco militia
05-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Magahee is a little less older and slower than LT. I'm not sure why the Broncos would need to sign LT.

Kaylore
05-29-2012, 09:47 AM
Meh.

BroncoBen
05-29-2012, 09:48 AM
Reasons why I don't think he'd ever come to Denver: He might not even consider any other AFC West destination an option; he doesn't want to stab San Diego in the back in any way, shape or form.

I don't think that would have to do with anything... football is a business. I think Tomlinson could care less what happens in San Diego.

Tomlinson will sign with any team that gives him a chance, at this point in his career not many teams are looking at signing a 11-year vet.. especially at running back.

DarkHorse
05-29-2012, 09:53 AM
No thanks

Mogulseeker
05-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Do they allow walkers out on the football field.

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
This forum is so retarded sometimes

broncosteven
05-29-2012, 10:35 AM
LT would give KM some company on the sidelines when the game is on the line, maybe they can move KM's exercycle closer to LT's spot on the bench so they can talk about breaking out 2k and 1k respectively.

bronco militia
05-29-2012, 10:39 AM
LT would give KM some company on the sidelines when the game is on the line, maybe they can move KM's exercycle closer to LT's spot on the bench so they can talk about breaking out 2k and 1k respectively.

Ha!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQNkoFEMxh7fR7I1ESkM1B0klUaBgFfT Cm-FkjWsvAxoV4yB9yvTtwVExyiqg

Drunk Monkey
05-29-2012, 10:41 AM
This forum is so retarded sometimes

So..... you do want LT in Denver?

I am going to go with a hell no. Past his prime. RB's don't age well.

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
Maybe we should give mcnabb a call too

oubronco
05-29-2012, 10:45 AM
I like eggs but they give me gas like a muthafugga

broncocalijohn
05-29-2012, 10:47 AM
If SD doesn't call for him, I doubt Denver will look at him. Though, he couldnt be as bad as Franco Harris in Seattle. But could he beat out Tony Dorsett as a Bronco?

UberBroncoMan
05-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Let's get Shaun Alexander while we're at it.

capt. Jack
05-29-2012, 10:49 AM
I just don't like that "LT" guy, remember when he set all those records against the Broncos, and they carried him off the field on their shoulders? Blah, puke!

razorwire77
05-29-2012, 11:03 AM
I like the backs that Denver has on the roster.

Willis should be able to hold up for 10-15 carries. Hillman has the speed and in space slipperiness that was missing last year. My adopt-a-bronco, if healthy has the ability to push for playing time. Lance Ball is an ok grinder and decent special teams player. Moreno might be able to make the roster as a third down back, but I think his days are probably numbered. I bet he gets unloaded for a 5th or 6th rounder before the start of the season.

broncosteven
05-29-2012, 11:39 AM
Let's get Shaun Alexander while we're at it.

Jamall Lewis could use the money

TonyR
05-29-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't think the Broncos will even consider LT, and I'm not really in favor of it since we have some decent depth (unless perhaps Knowshon isn't a healthy go for the season). But some of you are a little over the top with the "washed up" comments. No, he's not remotely the LT of old but the guy did catch 42 passes last year and 52 the year before that. He wasn't asked to rush much last season so only had 280 yards but he put up 914 the year before. I think he'd be a fine spot player and/or 3rd down back in the right situation. I just doubt that situation is in Denver.

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 11:52 AM
He sucks.

TonyR
05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
He sucks.

6th most productive receiving RB (based on yards) in the league last season. Hard to figure how that "sucks" if you're looking for catches out of the backfield.

Smiling Assassin27
05-29-2012, 12:39 PM
LT is done. He's just a name now. No need to be the Over The Hill Gang reincarnate.

lonestar
05-29-2012, 01:21 PM
Broncos IMO have been trying to get younger. They already brought in one older RB, don't see them bringing in another one, but you never know.

good reply..

for the rest get a life..

if he comes to town it is because we can use him to BRIDGE the gap untilt eh new kids figure out where the latrine is..

Wow if someone comes in as a rookie they are expected to become an instant starter as well as savior of the franchise.

Some will and MOST won't and that is not even including the rookie wall almost all of them hit after week ten..

Who better to mentor a kid or group of second year players than LT..

as for SAN why would he not want to stick it to them.. Hell yes he would love to play for the #1 running team last year and with Manning loving to throw to an LT on third down..

WTF is the matter with the rest of y'all

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-29-2012, 01:22 PM
I thought it said eggos. Eggos are great.

lonestar
05-29-2012, 01:23 PM
6th most productive receiving RB (based on yards) in the league last season. Hard to figure how that "sucks" if you're looking for catches out of the backfield.

right on ..

lets not let actual facts get in the way of making a decision..

No one thinks he will be here more than a few years at best and frankly IF he can beat out the mokes we have on the roster GREAT for all of us..

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 01:29 PM
Didn't he say he was retiring? He's still a smelly stinking charger/jet whose older than dog**** in RB years

EASY PASS

Hulamau
05-29-2012, 01:37 PM
Its a wild stretch to claim he destroy the Broncos for over half a decade, yes he had some good games against us, and we shut him down at times as well. LT for as good a back as he was in his prime wasn't the big nightmare for so many years for Denver and Shanahan that you presuppose.

Definitely a big NO on bringing him here now. With McGahee, Hillman, Fannin, Moreno and even Ball, we've got plenty of fresher legs and hungrier hearts at RB on this team. Ride off into the sunset LT and maybe the Chargers will put you in their ring of fame as they should.

BroncoMan4ever
05-29-2012, 01:42 PM
http://www.digitalbusstop.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/Screaming-Eggs.jpg

Crushaholic
05-29-2012, 02:54 PM
I thought it said eggos. Eggos are great.

L'eggo my Eggos!

DENVERDUI55
05-29-2012, 03:18 PM
Not that I would want lt at this pt but he would allow Denver to did themelves of the bust slowshon is.

pricejj
05-29-2012, 03:49 PM
Tomlinson > Fannin > Moreno

Tombstone RJ
05-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Motha****aaaa destroyed our team for over half a decade. Now that he's lost what was once the premier skill set in the NFL, I'd love to bring this former Charger in to work with Hillman - at A Bargain price.

I think he'd be a vastly improved 3rd down back over anything we have right now, and I think he's Manning's dream back - cerebral, quite a good blocker, and can catch, something that doesn't really fade with age.

I think McGahee is a great mentor for Hillman, Fannin and Moreno. I don't think there's any reason to bring in another vet.

lolcopter
05-29-2012, 04:00 PM
$5 says this guy isn't even in the league this coming season

Maners gonna mane

boltaneer
05-29-2012, 07:01 PM
LT has basically hinted that he'd play one more year if he were to come back to San Diego but otherwise he's ready to retire.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-29-2012, 07:08 PM
Tomlinson > Fannin > Moreno

_______ > Moreno

The Joker
05-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Wisdom isn't something I generally look for in a RB.

My guess is that he's probably done, I wouldn't have any problem bringing him in to compete in camp though.

Jay3
05-29-2012, 07:09 PM
Don't ever start a poll with a choice that says "Go die in a fire." I'm a sucker for that choice, will pick it every time.

Tim
05-29-2012, 07:14 PM
Fred jackson and Kevin Faulk both played last year being 34 (2 years older than Ladianian)..
LT has been a different player since the pats made him cry in 07, he sucks.

SouthStndJunkie
05-29-2012, 07:21 PM
LT has basically hinted that he'd play one more year if he were to come back to San Diego but otherwise he's ready to retire.

Would you like to bring him back to San Diego for one more year?

DBroncos4life
05-29-2012, 07:37 PM
Fred jackson and Kevin Faulk both played last year being 34 (2 years older than Ladianian)..
LT has been a different player since the pats made him cry in 07, he sucks.

Fred Jackson for the Bills? He is 31.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/10195/fred-jackson

Captain 'Dre
05-29-2012, 07:40 PM
Maghee is old enough. No to LT . Let him ride off into the sunset ringless
Guys is a p***Y. Rivers played the AFCC game with a torn ACL. LT sat on the sideline in a down jacket

Rivers didn't have to run and cut. If Rivers' injury was a torn right rotator cuff, he couldn't have played.

Tomlinson would have played if he COULD have. It would defy logic that he'd "puss out" when presented with the opportunity to play ion a winnable AFC championship game.

broncosteven
05-29-2012, 07:43 PM
Anyone remember who was the marginal DE that Shanny had try to cover LT on a ZB that went for about 60 yards and a TD? I think it was on a Monday night.

Broncobiv
05-29-2012, 08:18 PM
Rivers didn't have to run and cut. If Rivers' injury was a torn right rotator cuff, he couldn't have played.

Tomlinson would have played if he COULD have. It would defy logic that he'd "puss out" when presented with the opportunity to play ion a winnable AFC championship game.

So what was Jay Cutler's excuse?

DBroncos4life
05-29-2012, 08:25 PM
Anyone remember who was the marginal DE that Shanny had try to cover LT on a ZB that went for about 60 yards and a TD? I think it was on a Monday night.

I'm thinking it was Ekuban.

BroncoBuff
05-29-2012, 09:37 PM
We tried that once, nothing special (below). We're better off developing somebody at 3.9 per carry.

1988 Tony Dorsett 181-703 3.9 5

Put another way, like Charlie Adams beat Jerry Rice, somebody should beat LT ... would John have the guts to cut him, where Reeves did not to cut Dorsett?

I think best not line up two ultimate legends in the same backfield.

Mogulseeker
05-29-2012, 09:45 PM
BTW:

No, no thanks, and hell no on LT.

I expect Kno-show to become "Show" this year. I also like Hillman, McGahee and Fannin to make the team.

I doubt the Broncos will have a 1,000 yard rusher this year. I think all the above backs will have between 300 and 600 yards.

I think Moreno could end up being a very good spell/3rd down back. I'm fine with him not being a number 1, although with what we spent on him, it would have been expected that he would be a #1.

Mogulseeker
05-29-2012, 09:46 PM
And I like my eggs with Tabasco.

Bmore Manning
05-30-2012, 06:04 AM
Why not kick the tires on the perennial first round talent Anthony Gonzalez while we are at it.

I like my egg whites with tobasco and cheese!

BroncsRule
05-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Jamall Lewis could use the money

I think Maurice Clarett is out of prison.

broncosteven
05-30-2012, 07:00 AM
BTW:

No, no thanks, and hell no on LT.

I expect Kno-show to become "Show" this year. I also like Hillman, McGahee and Fannin to make the team.

I doubt the Broncos will have a 1,000 yard rusher this year. I think all the above backs will have between 300 and 600 yards.

I think Moreno could end up being a very good spell/3rd down back. I'm fine with him not being a number 1, although with what we spent on him, it would have been expected that he would be a #1.

If McGahee is healthy he will go over 1k, maybe not TD type numbers.

I do see your point about a lot of backs getting a lot of touches this year but I think that Elway wants Manning to run the ball more than he did in Indy.

I think McGahee gets the majority of the carries, Ball will have to play himself out of his carries and I think they want to work Hillman in giving him about 8-10 carries a game.

If Knowshon even makes the team or dresses for games he will likely only take carries away from Hillman or be used on passing downs to catch, not as a featured runner.