PDA

View Full Version : Mike Kils :LaMarr Woodley provided Broncos' opening-week bulletin board material

Bronco Rob
05-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Woodley: ""What gives you motivation is ... getting eliminated in the first round, losing to a team (Broncos) we had no business losing to. "It's a team we should have easily beat. That's motivation, watching teams play the week ...

http://www.sulia.com/source/S-10682891/

Ha!

orinjkrush
05-27-2012, 06:51 PM
oh come on. we backed in. we won on a golden bee bee. no way we deserved to move on.

DBroncos4life
05-27-2012, 06:59 PM
oh come on. we backed in. we won on a golden bee bee. no way we deserved to move on.

I guess we should have let Pitt play NE then.

Smilin Assassin
05-27-2012, 07:01 PM

I promise you, no-one on that defense felt they should have lost that game.

Denver's defense, that is...

snowspot66
05-27-2012, 07:38 PM

Did you forget about the horrible no fumble call that resulted in a 10 to 14 point swing in their favor? We blow them out if not for that bull****.

teknic
05-27-2012, 08:11 PM
I promise you, no-one on that defense felt they should have lost that game.

Denver's defense, that is...

Really, that game wasn't as close as the score indicated.

If the refs got the fumble/lateral play correct, and Champ comes down with that pick, the game was a blowout.

Gcver2ver3
05-27-2012, 08:29 PM
amazing how apparently some of the steeler players conveniently overlook the fact that the broncos literally should have blown the steelers out...

they were fortunate to even be in the game... the fact that the game went into overtime is laughable on denvers part...

maher_tyler
05-27-2012, 08:36 PM
Did you forget about the horrible no fumble call that resulted in a 10 to 14 point swing in their favor? We blow them out if not for that bull****.

Yep! Should have never gone to OT

errand
05-27-2012, 08:47 PM
Which is why i can't wait to see the 2012 Broncos whip their asses opening night

bronco militia
05-27-2012, 08:48 PM
The steelers were out coached and out played that game.

Yawn

Jetmeck
05-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Never should have been OT but it was and it was spectacular.

That said this years team is gonna bring the pain offensively.

Who wants to bet the Steelers won't be crowding the line of

scrimmage this time.................haha

SoCalBronco
05-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Woodley is an entitled douchebag. I hope he gets punched in the dick under the pile in the opening game.

Missouribronc
05-27-2012, 10:13 PM
Now Denver has a real quarterback, the best quarterback in the game...

Fun, fun.

I would have thought I'd beat a team quarterbacked by that worthless QB too. I would have been overly embarrassed.

Bigdawg26
05-27-2012, 10:18 PM

Fun, fun.

I would have thought I'd beat a team quarterbacked by that worthless QB too. I would have been overly embarrassed.

This! Now we got Peyton Manning. It improves the defense because they can have time to rest and not play as many snaps. Personally, I believe the broncos defense kinda wore down at the end of the season because they were playing a good 70% of the game. The Pittsburgh is gonna be in trouble this year.

pricejj
05-27-2012, 10:20 PM
Would have thought the Steelers would have addressed CB in the offseason. Turns out, they didn't get any new starters on Defense. All they did this offseason was shuffle their Offensive line.

We will find out in game 1 if the Broncos can stop the run. Give us your best shot Haley.

KCStud
05-27-2012, 10:21 PM

Fun, fun.

Woah woah now. I think Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have something to say about that.

He's got to prove it too.

Gcver2ver3
05-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Woah woah now. I think Tom Brady, Drew Brees and Aaron Rodgers have something to say about that.

4 mvps = proved it...

KCStud
05-27-2012, 10:23 PM
4 mvps = proved it...

Dude just had 4 neck surgeries and hasn't played in a year and a half and you guys are saying he's the best QB in the NFL even though he hasn't played a down yet? Unreal

DBroncos4life
05-27-2012, 10:23 PM
Would have thought the Steelers would have addressed CB in the offseason. Turns out, they didn't get any new starters on Defense. All they did this offseason was shuffle their Offensive line.

We will find out in game 1 if the Broncos can stop the run. Give us your best shot Haley.

They had no cap room.

pricejj
05-27-2012, 10:26 PM
The Broncos went out and got 7 (maybe 8) new starters this offseason...

...and one of them just happens to be 6'5", 230 pound Quarterback with a laser rocket-arm, bent on becoming the greatest QB of all time.

Missouribronc
05-27-2012, 10:26 PM

Even if he doesn't "prove it" he's still the best quarterback who has ever lived, and that includes Elway.

Manning is the greatest offensive magician ever.

Missouribronc
05-27-2012, 10:27 PM
And 1993.

KCStud
05-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Even if he doesn't "prove it" he's still the best quarterback who has ever lived, and that includes Elway.

Manning is the greatest offensive magician ever.

He's the best regular season QB ever. He's not even the best Manning in the clutch.

The best QB of all time shouldn't have a losing record in the playoffs.

Gcver2ver3
05-27-2012, 10:28 PM
Dude just had 4 neck surgeries and hasn't played in a year and a half and you guys are saying he's the best QB in the NFL even though he hasn't played a down yet?

yes...

KCStud
05-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Missouribronc, I think the QB in your avatar is the best QB in the league right now.

GreatBronco16
05-27-2012, 10:30 PM
Dude just had 4 neck surgeries and hasn't played in a year and a half and you guys are saying he's the best QB in the NFL even though he hasn't played a down yet? Unreal

I know. The chiefs have never been able to make that claim, so I understand why it would be hard for you to handle.Ha!

Missouribronc
05-27-2012, 10:32 PM
He's the best regular season QB ever. He's not even the best Manning in the clutch.

The 1960s were a long, long time ago.

Archer81
05-27-2012, 10:46 PM
It's always nice to have dreams.

:Broncos:

Heyneck
05-27-2012, 10:50 PM

Gonna have to agree with you on this one...

errand
05-27-2012, 10:53 PM

You should be more concerned about the three moderately talented clown car QB's you got.

Blueflame
05-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Missouribronc, I think the QB in your avatar is the best QB in the league right now.

Um... well, considering that you just made the argument that Eli is a better QB than Peyton based on "more SB rings", then consistency (of your logic and opinion) has to conclude that Eli is also a better QB than Rodgers based on "more SB rings".

Jetmeck
05-28-2012, 12:12 AM

Keep hoping DB......cause your team did very damn little to get better.

Elway once had a not so glamorous record in the big games either. Guess what happened that changed that ?

A top notch running game and BTW we just happen to have one of those too.

Shananahan
05-28-2012, 12:19 AM
Manning's playoff record isn't the best, but it's pretty understandable when you look at the teams he was consistently facing in the postseason.

Who cares if he's not the best in the game right now, and why would you idiots feel the need to even argue about that? The initial point of improved play at the position changing things for the entire team remains valid regardless of his league rank.

Rolandftw
05-28-2012, 12:37 AM

Agree with Brees and Rodgers. They're both the best in the game statistically. They had historic seasons in 2011, and Peyton has to prove he is at that level. I'm okay saying they're the best two QB's in the NFL, based on last season.

But you throw out Brees, despite him only being 6-6 lifetime. Using your standard, if he's so great, why couldn't he have an above average record? Does this make him the 2nd greatest "regular season" QB? Where does Dan Marino fit in all this?

Don't agree with Brady tho. If you're just going on recent memory, Peyton has a championship more recently then Brady. Now, if you're judging Brady based on the Patriots dynasty from 2001-2004 as your only criteria then he's better.

Also, since 2005 Peyton is 6-4. Brady is 7-6. That dangerously mediocre playoff record for Brady is putting him close to being nominated the 3rd best regular season QB of all time. #ChiefFansLogicWorks

Rulon Velvet Jones
05-28-2012, 06:41 AM
Ssssssssssssssssscoreboard.

kappys
05-28-2012, 07:24 AM
There is no hope for any of these QB's to compete with Ricky Stanzi so whats the point of debating it?

Grumps
05-28-2012, 09:11 AM

I agree. He'd only be the best if he were a Chief. gethefugoutahere, dipstick.

Hamrob
05-28-2012, 09:25 AM
Gonna have to agree with you on this one...I don't.

TEAMS win championships. It's that type of mentality...that questioned Elway's abilities...despite almost single handedly taking his team to 3 SuperBowls.

What Elway found out was...it takes a super team to win a Superbowl!

You saw just how bad the Colts were absent Manning...he was that team...just like Elway was the Broncos up until 1995.

More fuel on the fire....Dan Fouts and Jim Kelly are two of the best QB of all time...hands down...but, just because they don't have rings to show for it...there hardly ever mentioned. Pathetic.

In my game room...I have 5 Helmets...a team signed helmet for each 97 & 98, a helmet signed by TD and Elway, one signed by just Elway....and a Vols helmet signed by Manning. Why...because I've always felt that those were the two best QB's that ever came out of college.

No QB could do what Elway did...not Vick, not Newton...none. Elway had eyes in the back of his head, could avoide the rush, ran a 4.6 40 and had the strongest arm the NFL has ever seen.

No QB has even come close to Manning and his cerebral ways...none. Some of you are probably too young to remember how he disected us in back to back years in the playoffs. The guy is a 4 time MVP for a reason...and by the way, he has a ring too.

Had John Elway played in San Fran in the 80's and Montana played in Denver in the 80's...how do you think that would have turned out???

Manning will excel in Denver...because he is at the very least the CO-best QB to ever play in the NFL!

Broncobiv
05-28-2012, 10:29 AM
Agree with Brees and Rodgers. They're both the best in the game statistically. They had historic seasons in 2011, and Peyton has to prove he is at that level. I'm okay saying they're the best two QB's in the NFL, based on last season.

Well if you're going by last season's statistics, you have to include Brady. Along with Brees, he also broke Marino's all-time passing record.

Bronco Rob
05-28-2012, 10:56 AM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/lol-manning-troll.jpg

:-*

theAPAOps5
05-28-2012, 11:03 AM
KCDud

An Orangemane joke since 2007

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 11:38 AM
Keep hoping DB......cause your team did very damn little to get better.

Elway once had a not so glamorous record in the big games either. Guess what happened that changed that ?

A top notch running game and BTW we just happen to have one of those too.

Sorry do disagree with you Bud! But as much as I don't want to agree with KCdud... he is right. Manning is the best SEASON QB ever. But he is not the best QB EVER. I still rate Elway higher than him... just for the same reason you just gave. Elway made it to the Superbowl 3 times by putting his team on his shoulders. He still had a winning Playoff record even without his 2 Superbowl wins.

Peyton... with the #1 seed multiple times managed to choke. Even in his last Superbowl... in which he was favored he managed to throw to a then rookie Tracy Porter to seal his defeat. Sorry but that's the truth! For some reason Peyton is not the same QB in the playoffs as he is is in the season, unless he is playing against us and Roc Alexander. His playoffs numbers are really mediocre if you take away that 2 games against us in the playoffs and the 1 Chiefs game.

With the way Peyton has been blowing teams out of the water the last decade and a half... he should have more Superbowl wins... or at least appearances.

Anyway... I hope we have a strong team all around. Just expecting us to win just because we have Peyton on board is delusional. Sure it helps a ton! And I really mean a ton! This is the best QB we have had since Elway... but he will not be the only reason we have a chance to win.

PS. That top notch running game you are talking about... I am not so sure about that. Running the option and committing to run for over 65% of the time inflated that. Having a QB run for 600 yards also helped inflate that stat. While we do have the system to create this opportunities... there is chance we are stuck with 2 injury prone RBs and a rookie RB that we still don't know how he will perform.

Can't wait for the season to start!!! But at least I know how to keep my expectations in check.

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 11:44 AM
I don't.

TEAMS win championships. It's that type of mentality...that questioned Elway's abilities...despite almost single handedly taking his team to 3 SuperBowls.

What Elway found out was...it takes a super team to win a Superbowl!

You saw just how bad the Colts were absent Manning...he was that team...just like Elway was the Broncos up until 1995.

More fuel on the fire....Dan Fouts and Jim Kelly are two of the best QB of all time...hands down...but, just because they don't have rings to show for it...there hardly ever mentioned. Pathetic.

In my game room...I have 5 Helmets...a team signed helmet for each 97 & 98, a helmet signed by TD and Elway, one signed by just Elway....and a Vols helmet signed by Manning. Why...because I've always felt that those were the two best QB's that ever came out of college.

No QB could do what Elway did...not Vick, not Newton...none. Elway had eyes in the back of his head, could avoide the rush, ran a 4.6 40 and had the strongest arm the NFL has ever seen.

No QB has even come close to Manning and his cerebral ways...none. Some of you are probably too young to remember how he disected us in back to back years in the playoffs. The guy is a 4 time MVP for a reason...and by the way, he has a ring too.

Had John Elway played in San Fran in the 80's and Montana played in Denver in the 80's...how do you think that would have turned out???

Manning will excel in Denver...because he is at the very least the CO-best QB to ever play in the NFL!

I agree with everything you said. I just agree with KCdud that Peyton is not the best QB ever. He is the best SEASON QB ever!!! No doubt!!! But he just chokes in the playoffs. You don't have to agree with me... but look up his stats and match ups. Yes... Peyton is the most awesome QB I have ever seen... but the ability to rise above the rest in the most dire situation and get the Win is what counts in my books.

lonestar
05-28-2012, 11:51 AM
if anything..
:LaMarr Woodley provided Broncos' opening-week bulletin board material

it is ALSO on the PIT bulletin board..

Manning or not PITT is going to be pissed coming back to DEN on opening day..

Got to remember how many of their starters were not playing or playing at partial speed because of injuries..

If anything they will be a full speed day one with DENs QB still trying to figure out who his teammates are and what they can do. Not even mentioning the potential fubars on screwed up calls in a new system to him after 14 years of pretty much being his own call maker.

If anyone is really thinking this is going to motivate the broncos more than the steelers tis time to take the orange-colored glasses off and stop drinking the Koolade..

Now if this was mid season or even next year just maybe it would be making a difference.. But not opening game one..

lonestar
05-28-2012, 12:10 PM
well I've just read the rest of the posts..

who is THE number one QB? WTFKnows..

based on stats there are many, who wins in the playoffs? well that is not JUST a QB issue as we all know John got his assed kicked 3 times in the Super bowls..

Why because he forced it to try to win.. Had he had some help on either D or surrounding him on O God only knows how many rings he would have had..

Just as Manning having a losing record in the Playoffs same thing NO DEFENSE at all to go with his big balled Offense..

When you get to the playoffs the best TEAMS usually win..

ELI the best, not a chance if he was on the Indy team.. His D won most of his PO games IMO. without it he would have been pressing, just like John had to do when he threw up super bowl records for picks..

someone mentioned that balanced TEAMS win in the playoffs, having a great QB on one of those balanced teams tips the game..

Yes sure INDY's team that won one had a lousy D for the year, but when the Playoffs came they were a damned good unit, same with Eli's the last time..

I'll say it again..
Great offenses wins loads of games, but it is the defense that wins most playoff games..

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 12:30 PM
well I've just read the rest of the posts..

who is THE number one QB? WTFKnows..

based on stats there are many, who wins in the playoffs? well that is not JUST a QB issue as we all know John got his assed kicked 3 times in the Super bowls..

Why because he forced it to try to win.. Had he had some help on either D or surrounding him on O God only knows how many rings he would have had..

Just as Manning having a losing record in the Playoffs same thing NO DEFENSE at all to go with his big balled Offense..

When you get to the playoffs the best TEAMS usually win..

ELI the best, not a chance if he was on the Indy team.. His D won most of his PO games IMO. without it he would have been pressing, just like John had to do when he threw up super bowl records for picks..

someone mentioned that balanced TEAMS win in the playoffs, having a great QB on one of those balanced teams tips the game..

Yes sure INDY's team that won one had a lousy D for the year, but when the Playoffs came they were a damned good unit, same with Eli's the last time..

I'll say it again..
Great offenses wins loads of games, but it is the defense that wins most playoff games..

First... he didn't always have bad defenses. Look it up.

Second... while you are right about Eli being on a mainly defensive team, he has been clutch in the playoffs... and more important clutch in his last drive on both Super Bowls. Peyton had that same chance against a bunch of teams, and most specifically the Superbowl loss against the Saints when he blew it by getting intercepted by a rookie Tracy Porter on the winning drive.

And lastly... that Super Bowl win agains Rex Grossman and the Bears... he was carried that whole playoff run by the defense. His stats where awful, he even had a bad game in the SB.

He is just not clutch or the best when he is not blowing a team out of the water. Hence why Elway is still top among Broncos QB in my book.

Oh... and If a sports writers panel puts a list in place of the best QB of all time... I know Peyton will not be #1 on it. Just the truth.

errand
05-28-2012, 12:37 PM
Trashing Manning as a choker is bull****....put Peyton on those Patriot teams, and Brady on the Colts...the outcomes wouldn't have changed....the Pats were a better team that day.

Does anyone seriously think had Craig Morton QB'd the '77 Cowboys and Staubach the '77 Broncos that the outcome of SBXII would have been reversed? No way...Dallas' D was just vastly better than Denver's Offense, while Denver's D while a great one wasn't able to overcome Dallas' O.....

If Elway played for the 49ers and Montana the Broncos, SBXIV still ends in a SF route, because Vance Johnson while talented, just isn't Jerry Rice...and Bobby Humphrey isn't Roger Craig....and Dan Reeves isn't Bill Walsh.

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Why do people love to play the "What if card" all the time? You make your legacy with what you have. I am just saying Peyton is not as clutch as Montana, Elway, Eli... and other come from behind QBs because he hasn't been in that place that much over the course of his career.

That's why Manning would not be right now considered the "Best" QB or the most "clutch" QB in NFL history among NFL experts. Would he be near the top... say top 3? Hell yeah! But people calling him the best QB in the history on the NFL just don't know the sport or it's history.

Sorry... that's the truth. Anything else is just the homers in us trying to do the talking.

Grumps
05-28-2012, 12:56 PM
if anything..

it is ALSO on the PIT bulletin board..

Manning or not PITT is going to be pissed coming back to DEN on opening day..

Got to remember how many of their starters were not playing or playing at partial speed because of injuries..

If anything they will be a full speed day one with DENs QB still trying to figure out who his teammates are and what they can do. Not even mentioning the potential fubars on screwed up calls in a new system to him after 14 years of pretty much being his own call maker.

If anyone is really thinking this is going to motivate the broncos more than the steelers tis time to take the orange-colored glasses off and stop drinking the Koolade..

Now if this was mid season or even next year just maybe it would be making a difference.. But not opening game one..

Does anybody like you?

errand
05-28-2012, 01:02 PM
2006 Colt's DWon SB vs. Bears

[] ranked 23rd in points allowed with 22.5 (360 total)

[] ranked 21st in yards allowed

[] ranked 28th in 1st downs allowed

[] ranked 20th in INT's

[] ranked 32nd in rushing yards allowed (and 31st in rushing attempts against)

[] ranked 32nd in rushing yards per attempt (5.3)

2009 Colt's DLost SB to Saints

[] ranked 8th in points allowed (307)

[] ranked 18th in yards allowed

[] ranked 27th in 1st downs allowed

[] ranked 24th in rushing yards allowed (25th in rushing attempts against)

[] ranked 19th in rushing yards per attempt (4.3)

I would hardly say that he had a very good defense.....sure they might have picked up the pace in post season a little, but the bottom line is Peyton carried those lightweights by outscoring his opposition by alot....he always has.

errand
05-28-2012, 01:07 PM
Why do people love to play the "What if card" all the time? You make your legacy with what you have. I am just saying Peyton is not as clutch as Montana, Elway, Eli... and other come from behind QBs because he hasn't been in that place that much over the course of his career.

That's why Manning would not be right now considered the "Best" QB or the most "clutch" QB in NFL history among NFL experts. Would he be near the top... say top 3? Hell yeah! But people calling him the best QB in the history on the NFL just don't know the sport or it's history.

Sorry... that's the truth. Anything else is just the homers in us trying to do the talking.

Fair enough....

Guess we'll just have to wait a few more years when he's retired to pass judgement on his legacy

lonestar
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
Does anybody like you?

do I care?

If you do not like hearing something other than pro Broncos crap then place me on iggy..

I have always called a spade a spade..

If that means not showing my Bronocs in THE Divine light, then well tough teats..

Been watching this team most likely since before you were a gleam in your daddies eye.. So I've earned my spurs..

lonestar
05-28-2012, 01:11 PM
Trashing Manning as a choker is bull****....put Peyton on those Patriot teams, and Brady on the Colts...the outcomes wouldn't have changed....the Pats were a better team that day.

Does anyone seriously think had Craig Morton QB'd the '77 Cowboys and Staubach the '77 Broncos that the outcome of SBXII would have been reversed? No way...Dallas' D was just vastly better than Denver's Offense, while Denver's D while a great one wasn't able to overcome Dallas' O.....

If Elway played for the 49ers and Montana the Broncos, SBXIV still ends in a SF route, because Vance Johnson while talented, just isn't Jerry Rice...and Bobby Humphrey isn't Roger Craig....and Dan Reeves isn't Bill Walsh.

great post that will be over many members heads..

and your absolutley correct dano could not even hold Bills jock strap.. not even close to being on the same level..

lonestar
05-28-2012, 01:21 PM

that is a problem comparing players of modern era to those of pre 80's or even pre 60's..

Manning is perhaps the most cerebal QB in the game today and perhaps of all times..

most of the old timers could not hold a candle to him, even though they called their own plays..

Play books and defenses of the Bart Starr era are nothing as compared to today..

Manning IF he would have any semblance of a Defense on his team would hold all the records that he does not today.

Love my Elway but he just is not on the same level as Manning is..
John is the best athlete and perhaps the strongest arm to play the game, but he was not able to call the game like Manning does..
He was held back by his HC dan reeves (run mentality) and then mikey because of mikes ego..

Now I can say that the two best QB's in the NFL were broncos..

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 01:29 PM

[] ranked 20th in INT's

I would hardly say that he had a very good defense.....sure they might have picked up the pace in post season a little, but the bottom line is Peyton carried those lightweights by outscoring his opposition by alot....he always has.

You are right... but unless he is playing against us or the Chiefs in the playoffs, he is not blowing anyone out of the water like he usually does sleepwalking during the season. He got carried by the defense in the playoffs run when he won the SB.... and choked in the other.

lonestar
05-28-2012, 01:30 PM

[] ranked 20th in INT's

Yes he did BUT in the playoffs "non TEAMS" get blown out.. see den last year..

during teh regular season in a weak division like IND was in for years his O could roll over teams and get tot eh playoffs..

Once your in the Playoffs for the most part you have to be a balanced team or your TEAM weak sister like his defenses had been have to step up..

very few teams will win with one side of the LOS being a weak sister..

NO had a Great offense and their def was good mostly because they played ahead all the time and could tee off on the QB.. Plus well they were in a weaker division..

NE has been pretty even O vs D since Kraft bought the team, then they got Brady which upped the O's game..
Pit has been a great D forever and then they got Ben to up the other side of the game..

John was an offensive wonder that got shut down when his D failed him year after year..

Rmember Being up 10 zip in the first Quarter to WAS, then teh bottom fell out of the D and we got our ass kicked again..

We look to have more balance this year than anyother time I can remember since Elway was playing.. and we have a stud at QB..

But PIT is still gonna kick our ass, in game one..

lonestar
05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
You are right... but unless he is playing against us or the Chiefs in the playoffs, he is not blowing anyone out of the water like he usually does sleep walking during the season. He got carried by the defense in the playoffs run when he won the SB.... and choked in the other.

How many QB's do not choke in their first big game like that.. but I think it was more like his D did not show up even at a Regular season level and that was pathetic to start with..

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 01:33 PM
Fair enough....

Guess we'll just have to wait a few more years when he's retired to pass judgement on his legacy

for sure! I am just saying right now!! Heck... if he wins 1 or 2 SB with us then that completely changes everything. He would be the first QB to do it with 2 teams.. and have the number in SB trophies to compete with Montana, Brady, Elway,etc to compete for that #1 spot among the greatest QBs ever.

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 01:38 PM
How many QB's do not choke in their first big game like that.. but I think it was more like his D did not show up even at a Regular season level and that was pathetic to start with..

Actually... that was his second Super Bowl... one in which the Colts where favored. He choked on the winning drive... you know... the same situation his little brother has been 2 times and excelled in. (Not comparing them skill level wise). But Eli has been clutch against 2 great teams... against the thorn that was in Peytons path through most of his career... Brady and Bellicheat.

Sorry... but Peyton was carried in the playoffs to his first Super Bowl, and chocked in the 2nd one after having a great postseason.

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Yes he did BUT in the playoffs "non TEAMS" get blown out.. see den last year..

during teh regular season in a weak division like IND was in for years his O could roll over teams and get tot eh playoffs..

Once your in the Playoffs for the most part you have to be a balanced team or your TEAM weak sister like his defenses had been have to step up..

very few teams will win with one side of the LOS being a weak sister..

NO had a Great offense and their def was good mostly because they played ahead all the time and could tee off on the QB.. Plus well they were in a weaker division..

NE has been pretty even O vs D since Kraft bought the team, then they got Brady which upped the O's game..
Pit has been a great D forever and then they got Ben to up the other side of the game..

John was an offensive wonder that got shut down when his D failed him year after year..

Rmember Being up 10 zip in the first Quarter to WAS, then teh bottom fell out of the D and we got our ass kicked again..

We look to have more balance this year than anyother time I can remember since Elway was playing.. and we have a stud at QB..

But PIT is still gonna kick our ass, in game one..

Heck no! I would say we got better while they stayed about the same. They improved their OL... lost a bunch of veterans... and still are old as ****.

lonestar
05-28-2012, 01:58 PM
Heck no! I would say we got better while they stayed about the same. They improved their OL... lost a bunch of veterans... and still are old as ****.

during the last game they were missing a boatload of starters.
while we got an upgrade at QB during the first part of the season he is going to be learning what his guys can do and vice versa, they will hardly be the well oiled machine that he has been on the past decade.. and other than a down grade at Safety and Miller having his hand out of a cast the D is pretty much the same as it was..
Whoops forgot that DJ is out but truthfully not sire he will make a difference anyway..

I think the veteran team that has played together for a long time will always have the advantage over our younger team with a QB coming off of at least a years inactivity as well as playing with a bunch of kiddies, that are not yet on his wave length..

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 02:16 PM
during the last game they were missing a boatload of starters.
while we got an upgrade at QB during the first part of the season he is going to be learning what his guys can do and vice versa, they will hardly be the well oiled machine that he has been on the past decade.. and other than a down grade at Safety and Miller having his hand out of a cast the D is pretty much the same as it was..
Whoops forgot that DJ is out but truthfully not sire he will make a difference anyway..

I think the veteran team that has played together for a long time will always have the advantage over our younger team with a QB coming off of at least a years inactivity as well as playing with a bunch of kiddies, that are not yet on his wave length..

Don't forget we had injured players too... and not just any chumps. We even lost Decker for the the majority of the game. We had Tebow zeroing on DT for the most part and if it were not for a bad call on that back pass... we would have blown them out of the water.

Their injured players... except for Mendenhal... where old and if not mistaken, mostly released from their team. Their secondary is still the same old one we faced last year... and that's with a QB that thrives on accuracy and timing. Yes... the unit maybe won't be as oiled as liked... but I still sure that the passing game will be a ton better. You know... maybe for once we use the tight ends... and spread the wealth.

On defense I say we are better up the middle... still not sure about the Safeties. My main worry is the running game... but I am still positive we take that game from the Steelers.

lonestar
05-28-2012, 02:27 PM
Don't forget we had injured players too... and not just any chumps. We even lost Decker for the the majority of the game. We had Tebow zeroing on DT for the most part and if it were not for a bad call on that back pass... we would have blown them out of the water.

Their injured players... except for Mendenhal... where old and if not mistaken, mostly released from their team. Their secondary is still the same old one we faced last year... and that's with a QB that thrives on accuracy and timing. Yes... the unit maybe won't be as oiled as liked... but I still sure that the passing game will be a ton better. You know... maybe for once we use the tight ends... and spread the wealth.

On defense I say we are better up the middle... still not sure about the Safeties. My main worry is the running game... but I am still positive we take that game from the Steelers.

As of right this minute I am not..

That is 52 years of watching my Donks..

Maybe during TC something will change my mind..

I hope you are correct, but am afraid this year will be learning and maturing for my team..

Heyneck
05-28-2012, 02:42 PM
As of right this minute I am not..

That is 52 years of watching my Donks..

Maybe during TC something will change my mind..

I hope you are correct, but am afraid this year will be learning and maturing for my team..

Hey... I am not a believer that we will waltz to the playoffs. For one I think it will be a challenge to even get to 8-10 wins. I just don't see how we lose against a very old team that we could have blown out of the water... with an improved passing unit. Now... if we suffer a serious injury to a key player during training camp... then... all bets are off.

Bacchus
05-28-2012, 03:11 PM
The Broncos went out and got 7 (maybe 8) new starters this offseason...

...and one of them just happens to be 6'5", 230 pound Quarterback with a laser rocket-arm, bent on becoming the greatest QB of all time.

CUT THAT MEAT... CUT THAT MEAT...CUT THAT MEAT...

broncocalijohn
05-29-2012, 12:44 AM
Woodley is an entitled douchebag. I hope he gets punched in the dick under the pile in the opening game.

Classic line while you have the ultimate douche in Cutler as your Mod Signature. Dude, get over the love of Cutler. He has moved on and as an opposing player, he shouldnt be in every ****ing post. Bad enough you guys are the only ones that are now able to show signatures but to showoff the douche of the century is laughable. If it was 1982, I wonder if you would have had Alzado the Faider as your signature.

lonestar
05-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Hey... I am not a believer that we will waltz to the playoffs. For one I think it will be a challenge to even get to 8-10 wins. I just don't see how we lose against a very old team that we could have blown out of the water... with an improved passing unit. Now... if we suffer a serious injury to a key player during training camp... then... all bets are off.

Right now without more additions or seeing folks in TC I think 7-9 will be a good season..

It is a brutal schedule and none of the biggie playoff teams we play seem to have lost much in the way of talent..

Even the weak sisters in the AFCW seem to have improved.. Well, maybe not OAK as much as SAN and KC who I think will be the most improved..

Their coaching has sucked for a long time and they have loads of talent especially on D..

DENVERDUI55
05-29-2012, 04:20 PM
Like talking **** has any meaning once the kickoff starts. What he said is true though.