PDA

View Full Version : The best thing about using two-TE personnel Tamme & Dressen.

Bronco Rob
05-25-2012, 10:59 PM
The best thing about using two-TE personnel is that it forces a defense to decide if they want to try to defend you with their Base defense (four DBs), or a Nickel defense (five DBs). If it’s Base, the offense should have an advantage in throwing the ball, because that Move TE is usually going to be able to beat a LB trying to cover him. If it’s Nickel (Big or Small), the offense should be able to run the ball well, because that Move TE should be able to block the extra DB on the field.

The value of Tight Ends is that they’re useful players in both the passing and running games. Very few are great blockers, and it’s actually a lot harder to find a skilled blocker than a skilled receiver at the position. Most are passable blockers, though, and in a well-conceived running scheme, you can get the lesser blockers onto the specific defenders who they’re most able to handle.

Finally, with the Move TE in the slot, the defense faces a problem. Does the WLB move out into space to cover him? That leaves a six-man box to run against, and a coverage player who probably isn’t the greatest in space. Does the FS drop down into the slot to take him, and leave the SS as a single-high Safety? Does the defense keep their Cover-2 shell alignment, thereby signaling that they’re playing a zone?

A good Move TE can add a lot of versatility to an offense and put a lot of stress on a defense. If I were an NFL Offensive Coordinator, the first thing I’d do is ask the GM to get rid of anybody who resembles a FB and to go find me somebody who can play the Move TE role in my offense. Out with the limited-use parts, and in with those which are very useful.

Please read the rest here... http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/fat-camp-undervalued-roles-the-move-te

It's a great in depth read...and try not to let your manginas bleed on the way out crush17 & GreatBronco16 i'm looking at you two busybodies....

And to whomever is retroactively editing my posts.....

Eat a bag full of ebola ridden D!cks!!

:thumbs:

cutthemdown
05-25-2012, 11:05 PM
Tamme will play in the slot, Dressen inline so I think they compliment each other. I don't think they are great players though. They could be cogs in a great offense but we will need DT and Decker to play like vets from this point on. No more excuses about being young, injured, time to put up.

Vegas_Bronco
05-25-2012, 11:18 PM
The defensive coverage is much more personnel based than you would believe and depends on how successful the team is running the ball and which back is on the field...something shannahan def coordinators never could really grasp other than wade phillips. The re are coaches that emphasize fronts and others that eat up running backs by putting theone right personel on the field...the double tight also allows more man coverage on the outside and safeties tend to play run prior to pass. This can benefit the paasing game on 1st or 2nd down.

Ebola ridden *****...can I get one autographed?

Bronco Rob
05-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Tamme will play in the slot, Dressen inline so I think they compliment each other. I don't think they are great players though. They could be cogs in a great offense but we will need DT and Decker to play like vets from this point on. No more excuses about being young, injured, time to put up.

Broncobiv
05-28-2012, 06:50 PM

What, one of your "copy/paste specials" wasn't receiving enough replies, so you decided to bump your own thread 3 days later with nothing more than a thumbs up emoticon?

Lame-o.