PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs fans are excited about Brady Quinn

Bob's your Information Minister
05-25-2012, 07:58 PM
Yep, there are actually some idiots who think he's going to unseat Cassel as the starter and finally live up to his first-round billing. You see, Romeo Crennel handpicked him. They were together in Cleveland. This is all part of the master plan. Brady Quinn's gonna be the next great Chiefs QB.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863

Please come over and ridicule us/beat some sense into Cheftards.

Missouribronc
05-25-2012, 08:08 PM
Cassell isn't very good.

I'd expect this conclusion, wouldn't you?

razorwire77
05-25-2012, 08:17 PM
LOL. Brady Quinn buzz.

Swedish Extrovert
05-25-2012, 08:17 PM
Quinn has the talen and smarts to be a very good NFL QB. I've always said that and I maintain it.

Ceteris Paribus, he might be better than Cassel.

Too bad he always folds under pressure.

KCStud
05-25-2012, 08:26 PM
Chiefs fans are more excited about Ricky Stanzi than Brady Quinn.

FYI-Chiefsplanet sux azzz

baja
05-25-2012, 08:38 PM
I too have always thought Quinn has the talent to be a good NFL QB.

barryr
05-25-2012, 08:44 PM
If only more than just a few Bronco fans cared.

BroncoMan4ever
05-25-2012, 09:33 PM
Yep, there are actually some idiots who think he's going to unseat Cassel as the starter and finally live up to his first-round billing. You see, Romeo Crennel handpicked him. They were together in Cleveland. This is all part of the master plan. Brady Quinn's gonna be the next great Chiefs QB.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=259863

Please come over and ridicule us/beat some sense into Cheftards.

i would take the bet that by mid season Quinn has taken Cassel's job.

like Quinn or not, he is a 1st round draft choice who never really got a shot. truthfully the thought of Quinn leading the Chiefs for the next few years is more worrisome to me as a fan for a division rival than Cassel is.

DBroncos4life
05-25-2012, 09:48 PM
Quinn sucks.

Bronco Rob
05-25-2012, 09:49 PM
http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/11111111111.png

:welcome:

Crushaholic
05-25-2012, 09:57 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence. Broncos fans know that, all too well...

Vegas_Bronco
05-25-2012, 09:58 PM
No...i thought you guys were going with the option like we did last season...only putting one of your 12 riunningbacks at qb? Problem with quinn is he has zero grit...his greatest competition is his own lack of toughness.

Bronco Rob
05-25-2012, 10:00 PM
Scott Pioli doesn’t like it when you question his draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT

Kansas City wanted to sign Peyton Manning this offseason, and when that didn’t work out, there was some talk that the Chiefs might draft a quarterback in the first round. That didn’t happen either, however, and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli says that’s fine, because the Chiefs don’t need a quarterback.

According to Pioli, starter Matt Cassel and backups Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi have the Chiefs well positioned at the most important position.

“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who’s set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he’s a good starting NFL quarterback. . . . I think as he gets more opportunities, Matt is gonna continue to show people that he’s a good NFL quarterback. It’s interesting. I’ve been out and about town with my family, and I talk to fans, you talk to fans, you hear different things, and there’s a lot of times where I hear from people — there’s people out there that don’t understand the criticism of Matt, or this growing groundswell in pockets of Matt allegedly not being a good enough quarterback.”

Cassel didn’t look like a really good quarterback last season, but Pioli remains convinced that he is one, and he also believes Quinn and Stanzi are capable. And he said using a first-round pick on a quarterback this year would have been a mistake.

“I think we would’ve been reaching,” Pioli said. “By the time we made our first pick there were three quarterbacks off the board.”

Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

And Pioli surely knows that the questions will not go away until the Chiefs do win with Cassel. So Pioli just has to hope he’s right that Cassel is a really good quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/17/pioli-says-chiefs-have-three-good-quarterbacks-didnt-need-to-draft-one/

???

Vegas_Bronco
05-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Cassell reminds me of rich gannon...wont be good again until he has the best wrs in the nfl.

cutthemdown
05-25-2012, 10:37 PM
It's bad news when you have 3 qbs all avg enough to have someone think he is better then the other 2. Its like a 3 horse race and all of them nags. Hard to pick a winner.

What happens is a qb has a couple bad games, and he gets yanked, until that guy gets a pick 6 or two etc etc.

Unless the first qb the pick plays well, it could be a long yr for the queefs. They could start all 3 of those qbs at some point. I predict about 7-9 at for chiefs. If they had a QB i would probably say they can take the division.

cutthemdown
05-25-2012, 10:38 PM
Cassell reminds me of rich gannon...wont be good again until he has the best wrs in the nfl.

Gannon was always more slippery though. Do you think Cassel has Gannons hops?

Boomhauer
05-26-2012, 03:32 AM
i would take the bet that by mid season Quinn has taken Cassel's job.

like Quinn or not, he is a 1st round draft choice who never really got a shot. truthfully the thought of Quinn leading the Chiefs for the next few years is
more worrisome to me as a fan for a division rival than Cassel is.

Agreed.

Jay3
05-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Quinn will break your hearts every time.

Punisher
05-26-2012, 05:01 AM
lol i mean anything can happen

Vegas_Bronco
05-26-2012, 05:16 AM
Gannon was always more slippery though. Do you think Cassel has Gannons hops?

You re right...ive never seen gannon hat fumble:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=D_nRlNuE0rk

Miss I.
05-26-2012, 05:19 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jaNeYGZbCyw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Heyneck
05-26-2012, 09:41 AM
hypothetical.... what would have happened if Brady was chosen #1 by the Raiders instead of Jabba The Russel? I do think that if Brady would have been given an honest chance in his tenure in CLE, he would have turned out to be a good QB. Right now I just think he is too messed up inside to even be an average QB.

oubronco
05-26-2012, 11:09 AM
Every team is excited to have him until they see him play

ward63
05-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I bet they are excited about Peyton Hillis too

extralife
05-26-2012, 01:12 PM
To be the next great Chiefs QB, there would have to be a first great Chiefs QB.

Len Dawson doesn't count because he played before the invention of the telegraph.

gyldenlove
05-26-2012, 03:48 PM
If the NFL was a flag football league Brady Quinn would be an all-pro, but he buckles like a belt when there is any kind of pass rush.

Hamrob
05-26-2012, 06:52 PM
I'd certainly take Quinn over McCoy. And Cassell and Quinn are pretty even if you ask me.

Quinn has the talent....just not enough of it, for a team to give him the reigns for a full season!

Shananahan
05-26-2012, 07:22 PM
Lots of people who have lots of talent aren't very good at playing football.

Brady Quinn is one of those people.

KCStud
05-26-2012, 07:35 PM
Scott Pioli doesn’t like it when you question his draft

Posted by Michael David Smith on May 17, 2012, 1:15 PM EDT

Kansas City wanted to sign Peyton Manning this offseason, and when that didn’t work out, there was some talk that the Chiefs might draft a quarterback in the first round. That didn’t happen either, however, and Chiefs General Manager Scott Pioli says that’s fine, because the Chiefs don’t need a quarterback.

According to Pioli, starter Matt Cassel and backups Brady Quinn and Ricky Stanzi have the Chiefs well positioned at the most important position.

“I think that we have a really good quarterback,” Pioli said on WHB in Kansas City, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. “I think we have three good quarterbacks. I think the guy who’s set to be our starting quarterback is a good quarterback, he’s a good starting NFL quarterback. . . . I think as he gets more opportunities, Matt is gonna continue to show people that he’s a good NFL quarterback. It’s interesting. I’ve been out and about town with my family, and I talk to fans, you talk to fans, you hear different things, and there’s a lot of times where I hear from people — there’s people out there that don’t understand the criticism of Matt, or this growing groundswell in pockets of Matt allegedly not being a good enough quarterback.”

Cassel didn’t look like a really good quarterback last season, but Pioli remains convinced that he is one, and he also believes Quinn and Stanzi are capable. And he said using a first-round pick on a quarterback this year would have been a mistake.

“I think we would’ve been reaching,” Pioli said. “By the time we made our first pick there were three quarterbacks off the board.”

Pioli and Kevin Kietzman of WHB got a little testy with each other as Kietzman pressed Pioli about why the Chiefs couldn’t have traded up in the draft, with Pioli at one point asking, “Are you going to let me answer?” when he felt Kietzman was interrupting him, and Pioli zinging Kietzman with, “I hope you become general manager of the Denver Broncos” when Kietzman told Pioli that he would have traded the Chiefs’ entire draft to move up and take Andrew Luck first overall. Pioli doesn’t seem to like the relentless questions from some in Kansas City about whether the Chiefs can win with Cassel.

And Pioli surely knows that the questions will not go away until the Chiefs do win with Cassel. So Pioli just has to hope he’s right that Cassel is a really good quarterback.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/17/pioli-says-chiefs-have-three-good-quarterbacks-didnt-need-to-draft-one/

???

There were no QB's KC could have drafted this year dumb dumb

Jetmeck
05-26-2012, 08:02 PM
There were no QB's KC could have drafted this year dumb dumb

KC media stating the obvious. Everyone knows where your weakness is yet it went unaddressed. Chiefs are consistently pathetic.
Ever hear of free agency ? Even though the biggest free agent
in NFL history told your pathetic franchise to basically **** off there were others out there. This is the type of things that keep the Chiefs
off the radar for high profile free agents.

KCStud
05-26-2012, 08:17 PM
KC media stating the obvious. Everyone knows where your weakness is yet it went unaddressed. Chiefs are consistently pathetic.
Ever hear of free agency ? Even though the biggest free agent
in NFL history told your pathetic franchise to basically **** off there were others out there. This is the type of things that keep the Chiefs
off the radar for high profile free agents.

The only QB's worth drafting in this year went 1 and 2. And KC tried to get Manning. Nothing else you can do.

broncosteven
05-26-2012, 08:55 PM
The only QB's worth drafting in this year went 1 and 2. And KC tried to get Manning. Nothing else you can do.

Funny how Manning didn't even want to consider KFC. 42 years of futility and counting.

broncosteven
05-26-2012, 08:57 PM
If the NFL was a flag football league Brady Quinn would be an all-pro, but he buckles like a belt when there is any kind of pass rush.

He is also not very consistent, he is like Tebow without the size or FB skills.

Quinn can look good here and there then become terribly erratic.

I don't see him unseating Cassell but if he does it means that KFC is going to be in the cellar again.

dizz
05-26-2012, 08:59 PM
Quinn is ok

He's not clutch though

broncosteven
05-26-2012, 09:03 PM
I remember when KFC's fans got excited about Steve Bono.

KCStud
05-26-2012, 09:26 PM
Funny how Manning didn't even want to consider KFC. 42 years of futility and counting.

The reason the Forehead went to Denver was Elway, which you can't blame him for. Every athlete dreams of being on the same team as their idol.

Too bad the team still has a lot of holes. The Broncos aren't as talented as the 2006 Colts.

Jetmeck
05-26-2012, 09:33 PM
The reason the Forehead went to Denver was Elway, which you can't blame him for. Every athlete dreams of being on the same team as their idol.

Too bad the team still has a lot of holes. The Broncos aren't as talented as the 2006 Colts.

STUPID ****s severely piss me off. If the Chefs are so talented then why oh why would not your FO get a quality QB ?

I have seen the Chiefs have a great defense and no offense and vica versa several times and never once have they been SMART ENOUGH to pull their head out and go out and grab the couple of pieces they needed to get over the hump.

Your team even with a last place schedule is of little concern to me....same old stupid Chiefs.

By your own words your team is more talented than the Broncos...... personally they are close to even. Peyton Manning has taken less talented teams on his back.......to bad your team has no leader like that.

KCStud
05-26-2012, 09:36 PM
STUPID ****s severely piss me off. If the Chefs are so talented then why oh why would not your FO get a quality QB ?

I have seen the Chiefs have a great defense and no offense and vica versa several times and never once have they been SMART ENOUGH to pull their head out and go out and grab the couple of pieces they needed to get over the hump.

Your team even with a last place schedule is of little concern to me....same old stupid Chiefs.

By your own words your team is more talented than the Broncos...... personally they are close to even. Peyton Manning has taken less talented teams on his back.......to bad your team has no leader like that.

Oh please tell me what QB KC could have drafted or gotten in FA since 2009? And yes they pursued Manning.

And yes if you think the Broncos 53 is better than NE's or BAL's you're crazy. Even HOU has a better overall team.

errand
05-26-2012, 10:32 PM
Only on the main do we have threads or numerous posts about other team's (chiefs, jets, cowboys) back-up QB's......amazing how guys that couldn't make it in denver garner so much attention after they're on another team

errand
05-26-2012, 10:43 PM
The chiefs are entering their 42nd year of rebuilding......

KC pussy farts
05-27-2012, 02:33 PM
This Queef fan thinks Brady Quinn is the next Len Dawson!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255566

KCStud
05-27-2012, 03:17 PM
This Queef fan thinks Brady Quinn is the next Len Dawson!!!

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=255566

Someone took the time to make such a clever new user LOL

Bronco Rob
10-28-2012, 07:51 AM

That explains why Taneyhill, Weeden, Foles and Cousins all put up better numbers than cassell.

???

s0phr0syne
10-28-2012, 08:15 AM
That explains why Taneyhill, Weeden, Foles and Cousins all put up better numbers than cassell.

???

....He was being sarcastic and making fun of <del>King Carl</del> Scott Pioli.

Hamrob
10-28-2012, 09:00 AM
Unless you are the cream of the crop....Elway, Montana, Marino etc. You need to have the right coach to make a QB. Why? Because...there has to be a guy that has the balls to stick with you through the bad while you develop. Until you have that opportunity to learn from live bullets....good luck to you.

I always liked Quinn....but, it's clear to me, the game has not slowed down for him. He hasn't played enough against live bullets.

I'll say this for sure. Brady Quinn is every bit as good as Alex Smith!

TheChamp24
10-28-2012, 09:23 AM
Oh please tell me what QB KC could have drafted or gotten in FA since 2009? And yes they pursued Manning.

And yes if you think the Broncos 53 is better than NE's or BAL's you're crazy. Even HOU has a better overall team.

Not sure if trolling...or really wanting an answer.

Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Brock Osweiller
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins

KCStud
10-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Andy Dalton-Only true QB we could have taken
Colin Kaepernick-hasn't proven ****
Ryan Mallett-cokehead who hasn't proven ****
Brock Osweiller-hasn't proven ****
Russell Wilson-teams will have him figured out by end of this season.
Nick Foles-Hasn't proven ****
Kirk Cousins-Hasn't proven ****

Yep

BroncoMan4ever
10-28-2012, 10:18 AM

Andy Dalton
Colin Kaepernick
Ryan Mallett
Brock Osweiller
Russell Wilson
Nick Foles
Kirk Cousins

Foles can become something special. I wanted him in the 4th or 5th to groom behind Peyton. Once he gets his shot in Philly that town will forget all about the dog killer.

Champagne Powder
10-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Andy Dalton-Only true QB we could have taken
Colin Kaepernick-hasn't proven ****
Ryan Mallett-cokehead who hasn't proven ****
Brock Osweiller-hasn't proven ****
Russell Wilson-teams will have him figured out by end of this season.
Nick Foles-Hasn't proven ****
Kirk Cousins-Hasn't proven ****

Yep

Those unproven kids still beat the QB situation you have now where there's no hope. Ricky Stanzi, your boy, had a 41.7 QB rating in the preseason playing against third and fourth stringers.

TheChamp24
10-28-2012, 11:17 AM
Yep

Well every young QB will not have proven **** until you see what he can freakin do.
I guess thats the Chiefs motto though, don't draft QB's because they aren't proven, lets just go after scrubs in free agency.

DBroncos4life
10-28-2012, 11:23 AM
Well every young QB will not have proven **** until you see what he can freakin do.
I guess thats the Chiefs motto though, don't draft QB's because they aren't proven, lets just go after scrubs in free agency.

You can't win an argument with someone as dumb as stud.

DAN_BRONCO_FAN
10-28-2012, 12:29 PM

but we are more talented than the 2012 chiefs Ha!

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 06:40 PM
I wonder if they are still excited...

LOL

broncosteven
10-30-2012, 06:51 PM
I just saw this:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/kansas-city-chiefs-matt-cassel-starting-quarterback-san-diego-chargers-103012

Matt Cassel is getting another chance to be the Chiefs' starting quarterback

The Chiefs (1-6) could certainly use a little energy. They've lost four straight overall and still have not led in regulation this season, making them the first NFL team since at least 1940 to play seven games without taking an offensive snap with the lead, according to STATS LLC.

They've also turned the ball over a league-leading 25 times after four turnovers Sunday.

Cassel has responsible for two more on Sunday when he fumbled a snap early in the second half that led to a field goal by Oakland. He's committed 16 turnovers by himself, which puts him ahead of all but three teams in the league: Dallas, Buffalo and Philadelphia.

Los Broncos
10-30-2012, 08:40 PM
I cant wait to play KC Ha!

broncswin
10-30-2012, 09:23 PM
It's bad news when you have 3 qbs all avg enough to have someone think he is better then the other 2. Its like a 3 horse race and all of them nags. Hard to pick a winner.

What happens is a qb has a couple bad games, and he gets yanked, until that guy gets a pick 6 or two etc etc.

Unless the first qb the pick plays well, it could be a long yr for the queefs. They could start all 3 of those qbs at some point. I predict about 7-9 at for chiefs. If they had a QB i would probably say they can take the division.

Lmao...it's like having a crappy fantasy football team and wondering who should start over who each week