PDA

View Full Version : IAOFM's: Scouting the Broncos: 2012 defensive tackles

Bronco Rob
05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MK6TXMsvgQg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:sunshine:

Bacchus
05-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Another good article by the fat man!

crush17
05-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Thats pretty much the entire article.

You should link to their site a little earlier imo.

So does this mean youre now going to post every article from that site too?

Master article poster....

Bronco Rob
05-23-2012, 11:35 PM

They always do topshelf work!

Bigdawg26
05-24-2012, 12:02 AM
Pretty good write-up on the DT's. I'm particularly excited about Derek Wolfe. I hope he transitions well into the pros. He has really good success and numbers from college. I trust Del Rio's history with picking and grooming DT's from Jacksonville. To be honest with you I'm still pretty shocked our first pick was actually a DT's. I thought Bowlen was allergic!

socalorado
05-24-2012, 07:26 AM
I dont care what folks say, when i watch this guy i see JJ Watt!
Yeah, hes a beast.
Great write up.

Boomhauer
05-24-2012, 08:19 AM

Agreed.

I think our starting DTs look pretty good this year, but I'm concerned about depth.
Starting NT: Bannan + Starting UT: Vickerson and Wolfe
It remains to be seen if Wolfe wins the UT gig outright or backs up Vickerson, but either way we have three strong and head DTs manning the middle. Vickerson can also slide over to LDT, alongside Wolfe at RDT, for a 2DT look against weak-running teams. This look allows considerably more stunting and blitzing opportunities, but is weak against downhill running attacks.

Backup NT: Siliga + Backup UT: Unrein
I don't know what to expect of Siliga, as he was picked up late to the P-Squad last season. Unrein is listed at 291 and got looks at UT last preseason, after playing 3-4DE in college, but he's more a gap-filler than an penetrator. Be interesting watching these two come preseason.
After that, there's the (likely) retiring NT Warren and the 275lb Garland that should move to LDE.

GreatBronco16
05-24-2012, 09:29 AM

Yeah I'm not sure why TJ hasn't done anything about his article posting styles. If TJ doesn't have a problem with this anymore, then he needs to remove this thread.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=95176

A single paragraph with a link to the story is probably not going to get us into any trouble, and will most likely be appreciated for the traffic that it drives. Please do your part to keep our little slice of Broncomania in the good graces of our friends who are helping to feed the discussion.

Bronco Rob
05-24-2012, 04:14 PM
Agreed.

I think our starting DTs look pretty good this year, but I'm concerned about depth.
Starting NT: Bannan + Starting UT: Vickerson and Wolfe
It remains to be seen if Wolfe wins the UT gig outright or backs up Vickerson, but either way we have three strong and head DTs manning the middle. Vickerson can also slide over to LDT, alongside Wolfe at RDT, for a 2DT look against weak-running teams. This look allows considerably more stunting and blitzing opportunities, but is weak against downhill running attacks.

Backup NT: Siliga + Backup UT: Unrein
I don't know what to expect of Siliga, as he was picked up late to the P-Squad last season. Unrein is listed at 291 and got looks at UT last preseason, after playing 3-4DE in college, but he's more a gap-filler than an penetrator. Be interesting watching these two come preseason.
After that, there's the (likely) retiring NT Warren and the 275lb Garland that should move to LDE.

After reading this the sooner we cut Warren the better.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 05:20 PM
I don't think Vickerson is a pass rushing UT...

SonOfLe-loLang
05-24-2012, 05:25 PM

not at all

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 05:29 PM
not at all

Yeah.. These guys above are ready to declare him the starter at UT..

DBroncos4life
05-24-2012, 05:30 PM
After reading this the sooner we cut Warren the better.

LOL because of what Boomhauer said? He doesn't even think McGahee is our best RB.

DBroncos4life
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Yeah.. These guys above are ready to declare him the starter at UT..

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105120

Read this and you will understand.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 06:07 PM
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105120

Read this and you will understand.

Oh boy... Where to begin here

barryr
05-24-2012, 08:42 PM
What the Broncos have trotted out there at DT for years now, it won't be hard for Wolfe to outproduce what past ones did. At the very least, they need a guy who will have a consistent motor and won't take plays off and that is Wolfe. If he can provide any kind of push up the middle, especially on 3rd down, obvious passing downs, the defense will be much improved just because of that.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 08:50 PM
I would like to see Jackson get snaps inside and out. He and Wolfe should get plenty of opportunity this season. I really like them both.

ZONA
05-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Hoping we draft at least 1 DT within first 2 rounds next year also. Pretty sad when your rookie DT is considered the best by far and he hasn't even yet played a down in the NFL. We have to keep adding good talent at DT for the next 2 years or so.

We need us a Dockett type of DT. A physical beast the other team just can't block with 1 guy.

http://thefootballgirl.com/assets/images/dockett(1).jpg

NorCalBronco7
05-25-2012, 12:51 AM

Whats wrong with that?

What do you do?

ROFL!

Boomhauer
05-25-2012, 05:01 AM

Why not? What about his play makes you think he isn't an UT, or would be better at NT?

And FYI - CBS Sports is listing our NT depth as Warren?!, Bannan, Jackson?!, Siliga and our UT depth as Wolfe, Vickerson, Unrein
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/teams/depth-chart/DEN/denver-broncos

But, as DBroncos4life suggested - what do I know? Other than infinitly more about footbal than him. ROFL!

Bacchus
05-25-2012, 05:24 AM
What the Broncos have trotted out there at DT for years now, it won't be hard for Wolfe to outproduce what past ones did. At the very least, they need a guy who will have a consistent motor and won't take plays off and that is Wolfe. If he can provide any kind of push up the middle, especially on 3rd down, obvious passing downs, the defense will be much improved just because of that.

Wolfe is a rookie DT. He will not come in a be very productive against NFL OL for at leat the first 8 games of the year. DT is a very hard postion to come in and dominate. He just needs to worry about not getting pushed around and being a solid rotational player.Banan and Vickerson will both be better than Wolfe this year.

That is why I think Denver should just get Warren into camp this year. Really, who cares if he makes $4 million or $2 million???

Bmore Manning
05-25-2012, 05:25 AM
Why not? What about his play makes you think he isn't an UT, or would be better at NT?

And FYI - CBS Sports is listing our NT depth as Warren?!, Bannan, Jackson?!, Siliga and our UT depth as Wolfe, Vickerson, Unrein

But, as DBroncos4life suggested - what do I know? Other than infinitly more about footbal than him. ROFL!

Warren if he stays, Bannan, Vickerson, Siliga I would think are NT types. Vickerson cannot penetrate, UT have to penetrate. Wolfe, Garland, Jackson seem more like the UT type from those on the roster.

pricejj
05-25-2012, 08:03 AM
Vickerson has had 3.5 sacks in his 7 year NFL career. He went from being an athletic 325 lbs. NT, to an unathletic, slow 290 lbs. UT. He has never been a starter, and he sucks. He would do best to put back on the weight, and be a backup NT.

Hulamau
05-25-2012, 08:18 AM
Garland is around 300lbs now, or so reported, and being the workout warrior and gym master that he is, claims are he has increased to that weight with strength, speed and not blubber.

IF so, Garland could surprise all of us by year's end and become a solid starter capable of playing any position along the D-line. Id love to have the type of dedication and fire both Garland and Wolfe bring on the field most downs.

DBroncos4life
05-25-2012, 12:28 PM

Ha! Just in this thread you said Warren is likely to retire. ROFL!LOL. Yeah you know lots about football!

Bronco Rob
05-25-2012, 10:23 PM
Garland is around 300lbs now, or so reported, and being the workout warrior and gym master that he is, claims are he has increased to that weight with strength, speed and not blubber.

IF so, Garland could surprise all of us by year's end and become a solid starter capable of playing any position along the D-line. Id love to have the type of dedication and fire both Garland and Wolfe bring on the field most downs.

:D

Boomhauer
05-26-2012, 04:30 AM
Garland is around 300lbs now, or so reported, and being the workout warrior and gym master that he is, claims are he has increased to that weight with strength, speed and not blubber. ...

Reported? Garland was just recently released form his Air Force obligations and, before that, I believe was still required to to maintain a 39" waist. I don't know what his weight currently is, but as he was teaching fitness, I'm sure he's mostly beef right now.
If he was able to add on 15lb of muscle in the last year and is now free to add another 20lbs of fat, he could dominate the inside. But he could have also kept his 275lb weight and just gotten ripped - 36" waist - to be a force at LDE.

Doc Bear
06-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Folks, the reason TJ didn't reply is that it's my article. I'm Doc, and I was one of the original founders of IAOFM.com.

TJ - and some of the posters here - are right. You're taking way more than a paragraph or two, and this approaches infringing on my work. I'm glad to have other Broncos fans enjoying the articles, but the reality is that you have to come to our site to read them. Anything else is less than appropriate (and less than legal). If you want to borrow a couple of paragraphs and add your own content, that's fine, as long as you attribute it. Taking this much of my piece without my permission and posting it verbatim is NOT acceptable behavior and borders on plagiarism. I'd hate to have a beef with you, so please cease and desist on taking that much of my work without my permission.

Thanks. Looks like a great season - go Broncos!

oubronco
06-16-2012, 03:22 PM
Do you see what this can do to Taco, Bronco Rob

Shananahan
06-16-2012, 03:33 PM
Removing Rob's ability to copy and paste articles will leave him with nothing more than a thumbs-up emoticon, though.

pricejj
06-16-2012, 04:03 PM
The OP should be seriously modified or deleted. Bronco Rob, I know you're a serious Bronco fan, but copying articles is illegal. Doc Bear is probably the most informed, and best content producing Bronco fan on the planet. Thanks to Doc Bear so much for IAOFM.com. He's being nice by saying you could copy and paste a paragraph or two. In reality, that is too much. A couple quoted lines, with a direct link to IAOFM.com may be acceptable, followed by your own analysis.

Anything more than that, and TJ (and Omane) are in serious jeopardy.

DBroncos4life
06-16-2012, 05:11 PM
The OP should be seriously modified or deleted. Bronco Rob, I know you're a serious Bronco fan, but copying articles is illegal. Doc Bear is probably the most informed, and best content producing Bronco fan on the planet. Thanks to Doc Bear so much for IAOFM.com. He's being nice by saying you could copy and paste a paragraph or two. In reality, that is too much. A couple quoted lines, with a direct link to IAOFM.com may be acceptable, followed by your own analysis.

Did you follow this up with a nice PM asking for a job?

Bronco Rob
06-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Folks, the reason TJ didn't reply is that it's my article. I'm Doc, and I was one of the original founders of IAOFM.com.

TJ - and some of the posters here - are right. You're taking way more than a paragraph or two, and this approaches infringing on my work. I'm glad to have other Broncos fans enjoying the articles, but the reality is that you have to come to our site to read them. Anything else is less than appropriate (and less than legal). If you want to borrow a couple of paragraphs and add your own content, that's fine, as long as you attribute it. Taking this much of my piece without my permission and posting it verbatim is NOT acceptable behavior and borders on plagiarism. I'd hate to have a beef with you, so please cease and desist on taking that much of my work without my permission.

Thanks. Looks like a great season - go Broncos!

My apologies the intent was to discuss all things Broncos while promoting your site.

pricejj
06-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Did you follow this up with a nice PM asking for a job?

:rofl: There's only a few guys who write for IAOFM, and they made it clear their not looking to expand. From his latest article, it appears Doc Bear spent the entire weekend reading a Brian Billick book about 3rd down Offensive theory. In his spare time he enjoys perusing Steve Belicheat's (Hoodie Sr.) timeless masterpiece, "Scouting Methods". While I am a major Broncos maniac, I'm not quite on that level.

Bacchus
06-17-2012, 12:31 AM
Well, I have never even heard of the website until they were posted here.

I'll have to check it out.

Bronco Rob
06-17-2012, 02:31 AM
Well, I have never even heard of the website until they were posted here.

I'll have to check it out.

I try and do my best to promote certain sites which was the original idea.The hope was that the exposure provided was symbotic in nature. Posting on alot of different boards and places but moving forward iaofm is off the list as per their request..Their loss not mine.

Dexter
06-17-2012, 02:42 AM

I'm not sure how its plagiarism if you credit the writer and website..

I didn't see the original post, and I guess I can understand they may not want the whole article pasted because they want their actual site to get traffic. But people are going a little overboard it seems with the whole "its illegal to copy and paste a link from another website".

Unless a poster is claiming work as his own, come on man. You'd think iaofm would welcome the publicity and traffic. I love that website, but guess why I go there every time to read the articles? Because people say "Hey look at this interesting article!" from the orange mane. And maybe I'm the only one, but I hate reading articles off of message boards anyway, so I always click the links.

I don't have it on my favorites, and I know I'm not alone.

TLDR: Bronco Rob- Be sure to provide a link and credit the writer assuming you didnt. Everyone Else - overreact much? Enjoy the free publicity.

PS. Nice writing as always Doc.

Requiem
06-17-2012, 06:23 AM
Nobody cares Doc, go away! We already got the house doctor here!

BroncoBeavis
06-17-2012, 06:30 AM
I'm not sure how its plagiarism if you credit the writer and website..

I didn't see the original post, and I guess I can understand they may not want the whole article pasted because they want their actual site to get traffic. But people are going a little overboard it seems with the whole "its illegal to copy and paste a link from another website".

Unless a poster is claiming work as his own, come on man. You'd think iaofm would welcome the publicity and traffic. I love that website, but guess why I go there every time to read the articles? Because people say "Hey look at this interesting article!" from the orange mane. And maybe I'm the only one, but I hate reading articles off of message boards anyway, so I always click the links.

I don't have it on my favorites, and I know I'm not alone.

TLDR: Bronco Rob- Be sure to provide a link and credit the writer assuming you didnt. Everyone Else - overreact much? Enjoy the free publicity.

PS. Nice writing as always Doc.

I don't think its "free publicity" if you post so much of the article that it'd be a waste of time to go and read the actual article on the site that pays the authors bills.

I don't think its necessarily an issue of one paragraph or two. That's too subjective depending on the article. But it's more about leaving a good majority of the article's meat and potatoes out of your post so people have good reason to go read the whole thing.

If you want to go further it should be with your own thoughts in your own voice.

TheReverend
06-17-2012, 09:20 AM
Am I the only finds it hilarious that IAOFM is complaining about ripped off content when they're industry leaders in stealing **** and turning it into articles?

oubronco
06-17-2012, 09:42 AM
LOL no shyt

TheReverend
06-17-2012, 10:06 AM
LOL no shyt

Its not to complain because I like their stuff, but ****ing come on.

These chubby nerds are throwing stones in glass houses for sure.

Hulamau
06-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Reported? Garland was just recently released form his Air Force obligations and, before that, I believe was still required to to maintain a 39" waist. I don't know what his weight currently is, but as he was teaching fitness, I'm sure he's mostly beef right now.
If he was able to add on 15lb of muscle in the last year and is now free to add another 20lbs of fat, he could dominate the inside. But he could have also kept his 275lb weight and just gotten ripped - 36" waist - to be a force at LDE.

Garland was interviewed on one of the Denver sports stations where he said he was around 300lbs now.

Dexter
06-17-2012, 01:35 PM
I don't think its "free publicity" if you post so much of the article that it'd be a waste of time to go and read the actual article on the site that pays the authors bills.

I don't think its necessarily an issue of one paragraph or two. That's too subjective depending on the article. But it's more about leaving a good majority of the article's meat and potatoes out of your post so people have good reason to go read the whole thing.

If you want to go further it should be with your own thoughts in your own voice.

Pretty sure I addressed that in my post, but why don't you state this again, just incase I don't understand your point? :thumbs:

I just think its ridiculous that you guys think Bronco Rob was intentionally trying to plagiarize iaofm. Cut the dude some slack.

And man you guys must really hate the rest of the internet, if you're getting on some guy on this message board for trying to bring attention to a well written and relevant article. I'd advise that you guys tread lightly, you may never get your panties out of a twist when you see the rest of the internet's capability of "stealing" another person's work.

OH and by the way, I'd suggest since you all demonized Bronco Rob, you go ahead and do the same thing to COBronc78.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=105892

He's plagiarizing this poor chargers fan! He copy and pasted the WHOLE POST OH EM GEE.

theAPAOps5
06-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Am I the only finds it hilarious that IAOFM is complaining about ripped off content when they're industry leaders in stealing **** and turning it into articles?

Bloggers would prefer to call this curation. It makes it feel better. I agree stones in glass houses. I also can't figure out if doc is taking a swipe at TJ accusing him of not saying anything because it benefits the Mane. Taco has always been sensative to intellectual property.

CEH
06-17-2012, 02:24 PM
So to summarize the article

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

Mike Kils said this , Mike Mayock said that, here's a Youtube video and oh yeah here's something from WSJ

Do that about cover it?

lonestar
06-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Bloggers would prefer to call this curation. It makes it feel better. I agree stones in glass houses. I also can't figure out if doc is taking a swipe at TJ accusing him of not saying anything because it benefits the Mane. Taco has always been sensitive to intellectual property.

Normally think your posts are great and this is not a swipe at you, but the hilighted portion needed to be addressed and have to just add..

calling posts here intellectual property well is a stretch..

IAOFM does indeed put out some great stuff and frankly is heads above here or any other sites I have ever seen..

Every daily lard has a synopsis of what who wrote with a link to it.. nothing more than a sentence or so at most..

Some of their in-depth analysis is way beyond the intellectual posts of about 98% of the members here..

I do not blame Doc or any of the other intellectual contributors from asking what TJ does as well as every other forum owner does..

If Y'all do not like them at IAOFM please stay away as I find them refreshing not to have Maroons posting there. Having to wade through petty pissing matches from kiddies that most likely have only been fans since the superbowl years..

/RANT

theAPAOps5
06-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Boom curated....... Nice summary

So to summarize the article

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/roster.html

Mike Kils said this , Mike Mayock said that, here's a Youtube video and oh yeah here's something from WSJ

Do that about cover it?

theAPAOps5
06-17-2012, 02:30 PM
I appreciate you long thought out response but I think I need to clarify. I am not talking about the posts here. By intellectual property I mean articles from other media agencies. For example the Denver Post, ESPN, mile High Report, etc. they all have preferences over the sharing of their info, ie intellectual property. Taco has always tried to honor that.

My point is that this Doc guy seemed to accuse TJ of not having a vested interest in removing the article, yet it looks like he didn't even ask the mod team first.

Normally think your posts are great but have to just add..

calling posts here intellectual property well is a stretch..

IAOFM does indeed put out some great stuff and frankly is heads above here or any other sites I have ever seen..

Every daily lard has a synopsis of what who wrote with a link to it.. nothing more than a sentence or so at most..

Some of their in-depth analysis is way beyond the intellectual posts of about 98% of the members here..

I do not blame Doc or any of the other intellectual contributors from asking what TJ does as well as every other forum owner does..

If Y'all do not like them at IAOFM please stay away as I find them refreshing not to have Maroons posting there. Having to wade through petty pissing matches from kiddies that most likely have only been fans since the superbowl years..

/RANT

lonestar
06-17-2012, 02:35 PM
I appreciate you long thought out response but I think I need to clarify. I am not talking about the posts here. By intellectual property I mean articles from other media agencies. For example the Denver Post, ESPN, mile High Report, etc. they all have preferences over the sharing of their info, ie intellectual property. Taco has always tried to honor that.

I have got caught up in that also..

As I said it was not a swipe at you personally yours was the last comment to quote..

TJ has done a good job of being a good forum host..

I do feel that most folks would love to have their commentary posted and get more exposure, so while I do not see that it is a big deal once someone has asked for it not to be, folks that piss and moan about it should shut the hell up..

I for one hope most folks here will not polute the other forum with their kiddie posts..

theAPAOps5
06-17-2012, 02:42 PM
It's a delicate predicament. You need other related websites to help gain exposure but you don't want your info being read on another site. So you ideally want a paragraph or summary shared with a link to full articles on your site. You want info shared but just enough to tease up interest.

I will read IAOFM but just laughed at the rant post and yet it appears their policy or more preference was made known.

lonestar
06-17-2012, 02:50 PM
It's a delicate predicament. You need other related websites to help gain exposure but you don't want your info being read on another site. So you ideally want a paragraph or summary shared with a link to full articles on your site. You want info shared but just enough to tease up interest.

I will read IAOFM but just laughed at the rant post and yet it appears their policy or more preference was made known.

I for one almost never click on a link to another site, period..Call it lazy or what ever IF I do not know the site and its "temperature" I do not chance winding up at some porn site so to speak..

For the most part I know all the good spots and send time at them.

I know where the kiddies are and younger generation who for the most part learned football from madden or FF and as a generall rule do not bother even reading most threads as after about page one it is a pissing match..

Natedogg
06-17-2012, 03:02 PM
Some of the confusion might spring from the fact that the guy that runs IAOFM is also named TJ. I think Doc misunderstood that a TJ also runs the Mane.

Bacchus
06-17-2012, 03:03 PM

I say we skull **** them8')

theAPAOps5
06-17-2012, 03:40 PM
Some of the confusion might spring from the fact that the guy that runs IAOFM is also named TJ. I think Doc misunderstood that a TJ also runs the Mane.

Ahhhhhhh ok, that definitely makes sense.

Rabb
06-18-2012, 07:18 AM
I co-own and operate a website and while we do like people to link to us, we also appreciate anyone just referencing us in just about any way. Yes, we get money for clicks and that is ultimately what keeps us rolling but we don't split hairs over it.

I don't know, I think it's a little bush league to cry about it when you probably get more traffic driven to the site than you do taken away from it through a post like this. At least that is what we see in our stats every month when we have similar things happen.

Any pub is good pub, IMO...but whatever.