PDA

View Full Version : Chris Gronkowski (FB) traded to Broncos

Pages : [1] 2

BMarsh615
05-23-2012, 10:59 AM
For Cassius Vaughn

We’ve acquired FB Chris Gronkowski from Indianapolis in exchange for CB Cassius Vaughn. …

Our team has a lot of depth in the secondary and this an opportunity for us to add a quality fullback to our roster.

https://twitter.com/#!/johnelway (https://twitter.com/#%21/johnelway)

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 11:01 AM
We keep signing the wrong Gronkowski's.

Requiem
05-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Lol. . .

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:03 AM
lol, i seem to remember someone saying they wanted the two back I-Form set only if we had a true FB. well... there's our true FB.

Gort
05-23-2012, 11:04 AM
this Gronkowski is ok... at least he's not going to be dancing half naked on stage with a bunch of dudes just a few minutes after losing the superbowl.

errand
05-23-2012, 11:06 AM

This....not sure if a fb is needed more than a db given the way teams throw alot these days

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:07 AM
this Gronkowski is ok... at least he's not going to be dancing half naked on stage with a bunch of dudes just a few minutes after losing the superbowl.

on the downside, he's the reason Tony Romo had a broken clavicle. due to a missed block.

but he's still a good FB.

broncosteven
I wonder if this means we are going back to more of a zone blocking system?

Lots of Power I sets this year?

maher_tyler
Honelty, never heard of him. What can we expect? Pass catching road grating FB??

RaiderH8r

We got the Wrongkowski.

Amirite?

These are the jokes people.

Should have kept Larsen.

R-Mac
WTF?? Cassius Vaughn is a good young CB with return ability. The Broncos needed as much depth as possible there to compete against the spread air attacks. Traded for a FB when you have Manning at QB? At least we can't blame Xanders anymore.

pricejj
05-23-2012, 11:10 AM
Spencer Larsen's replacement has arrived.

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:11 AM
WTF?? Cassius Vaughn is a good young CB with return ability. The Broncos needed as much depth as possible there to compete against the spread air attacks. Traded for a FB when you have Manning at QB? At least we can't blame Xanders anymore.

you haven't been reading the recent articles have you? the team and manning have said over and over again that this will be a more balanced offense and that it's a welcomed change going back closer to his days with Edgerrin James in Indy instead of his most recent times(which got him hurt to begin with)

RaiderH8r
05-23-2012, 11:12 AM
This....not sure if a fb is needed more than a db given the way teams throw alot these days

We're facing Phyllis Rivers...twice, Carson Palmer...twice, Rapistburger, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, and Matt Cassell twice. FB is where. it's. at.

DBroncos4life

Lol Denver has enough CB depth.

RaiderH8r

F'ing Joe Ellis. ;D

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Honelty, never heard of him. What can we expect? Pass catching road grating FB??

pure FB, can catch a bit but with block your ass into the next century when he gets a lock on you. don't expect him to run much unless it's maybe goal line situations.

MABroncoFan
05-23-2012, 11:13 AM
We keep trading young CBs for Gronkowskis.

I figure Vaughn would've been in a fight just to make the team w/ Champ, Florence, Porter, Bolden and Harris at CB. Not to mention Thompson and Judie.

He was a KR too, but 1/2 the games there are no kicks returned. Page could be the PR/KR.

How good a FB is Gronkowski?

RaiderH8r
05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
We keep trading young CBs for Gronkowskis.

I figure Vaughn would've been in a fight just to make the team w/ Champ, Florence, Porter, Bolden and Harris at CB. Not to mention Thompson and Judie.

He was a KR too, but 1/2 the games there are no kicks returned. Page could be the PR/KR.

How good a FB is Gronkowski?

Good enough to play DT?

Cmac821
05-23-2012, 11:14 AM
**** this Vaughn was good, not sure how youth at CB is viewed as a bad thing

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
We're facing Phyllis Rivers...twice, Carson Palmer...twice, Rapistburger, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, Drew Brees, Matt Schaub, and Matt Cassell twice. FB is where. it's. at.

LOL

RaiderH8r
05-23-2012, 11:15 AM
LOL

Don't be sleeping on Matt Cassell. He's the next Brody Croyle. Until they switch to Ricki Lake Stanzi anyway.

Wes Mantooth
05-23-2012, 11:17 AM
Did we even have a FB on the roster before this?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 11:18 AM
This is for the people who think the Oline is horrible at blocking and is worried about mannings neck. Now there's a moveable brick wall they can plug in there. He blocks better than Walton and Beadles combined.

R-Mac
Spencer Larsen can do what Chris Gronkowski does, and Larsen is a better receiver. Maybe one day the Broncos will get the right Gronkowski.

pricejj
Having a good FB on the roster can be very beneficial. Just ask Terrell Davis. McCoy will indeed get to see some 2-back sets.

This is good for the Broncos. Chris Gronkowski brings versatility to the Offense, always a good thing.

The weakness of teams that always use a single back set, is that they can't pick up 1st downs when Defenses are geared towards stopping the run (3rd and short, 4th and short, running out the clock). No matter what the scenario, the Broncos Offense no longer has a weakness.

Lestat
**** this Vaughn was good, not sure how youth at CB is viewed as a bad thing

we already have Champ,Porter,Florence,Harris,Bolden,Thompson and Judie.
5 of those 7 are young players. Porter is a vet but still young.
you didn't really think we're going to keep 8 CB's on the active roster?

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 11:20 AM
This is for the people who think the Oline is horrible at blocking and is worried about mannings neck. Now there's a moveable brick wall they can plug in there. He blocks better than Walton and Beadles combined.

There is no pleasing some of these guys.

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Spencer Larsen can do what Chris Gronkowski does, and Larsen is a better receiver. Maybe one day the Broncos will get the right Gronkowski.

yeah i don't agree with that at all. though it is funny that both have played FB & LB and both attended Arizona.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 11:22 AM
we already have Champ,Porter,Florence,Harris,Bolden,Thompson and Judie.
5 of those 7 are young players. Porter is a vet but still young.
you didn't really think we're going to keep 8 CB's on the active roster?

Lets not forget our starting FS has played nickel corner during the first part of his career. We are set at DB.

KevinJames
05-23-2012, 11:22 AM
All Vaughn had was speed to burn he was always a liability in coverage however.

Had some nice returns for us though but we have a lot of CB depth now never saw him making the team.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-23-2012, 11:23 AM
Are we really crying over Cassius Vaughn? Who, chances are, doesnt even make the team?

Smiling Assassin27
05-23-2012, 11:24 AM
get ahmard hall on the phone and give gronk some competition.

R-Mac
05-23-2012, 11:25 AM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6361/chris-gronkowski

Broncos acquired FB Chris Gronkowski from the Colts in exchange for CB/KR Cassius Vaughn.

Vaughn might not have made the Broncos, but he has quite a bit more NFL potential than Gronkowski. Rob's much less talented brother, Gronkowski is a 6-foot-2, 245-pound lead blocker who struggles mightily in pass protection and has seven career receptions over two seasons. Fullbacks haven't been historically used much in Peyton Manning's offenses, so the move is a bit curious on Denver's part. Gronkowski will battle for a roster spot in camp.

May 23 - 1:01 PM

Drunk Monkey
05-23-2012, 11:26 AM

I likes Larson but he spent way to much time injured.

outdoor_miner
05-23-2012, 11:28 AM
I can't believe you idiots are complaining. Vaughn was going to get cut. There were 5 CBs clearly ahead of him on the depth chart (Bailey, Florence, Porter, Bolden, and Harris). He is competing against 2 others with similar talent (Squid and Judie). Geez.

Heyneck
damn you E&R!!!!

Beantown Bronco
No matter what the scenario, the Broncos Offense no longer has a weakness.

Beadles and Walton apparently share an agent and his name is pricejj.

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:29 AM
http://rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6361/chris-gronkowski

lol that write up is hilarious. they admit Vaughn wouldn't have likely made the team but his potential as a cut player is better than the likely starting FB we just got back for him.

people are looking way to much into the past few seasons out of Manning.
he had pure **** at RB and on the OL. he had to chuck the ball 40-50 times a game for them to win.

he's got a running game and a legit OL now. we need 30-35 passes a game from him and still lead the NFL in rushing to win games. only in a QB duel do we need him to throw it 40+ times.

i want Manning to be the least hit QB in the NFL for the rest of his time with the Broncos.

pricejj
05-23-2012, 11:30 AM
Chris Gronkowski is just as good as Spencer Larsen (if not better), and is only making $490k. The Patriots pried Larsen away for $825k per year...pretty hefty price tag for a mediocre FB that they will rarely use.

Good trade. So basically Defenses have two choices:

1. Get shredded through the air by Peyton Freaking Manning
2. Get shredded on the ground by the NFL's leading running attack.

Lestat
05-23-2012, 11:32 AM
Chris Gronkowski is just as good as Spencer Larsen (if not better), and is only making $490k. The Patriots pried Larsen away for $825k per year...pretty hefty price tag for a mediocre FB that they will rarely use.

lol 2 options do not exist, there is only 1. score touchdowns. THERE IS NO PLAN B. Ha!

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 11:32 AM
This move is mehhhh to me. He's not good in anything other than purely run blocking. At least Denver could have offered Vaughn and Ty Warren for Drake Nevis...get something for Ty Warren, since he fits better as a 5 tech.. Nevis is way better as a UT in the 4-3, plus he and Wolfe would be a great rotation.

Bigdawg26
05-23-2012, 11:33 AM
This trade is so meaningless. We traded our 6th corner for a back-up FB?? Ugh OK I guess!

Wes Mantooth
05-23-2012, 11:34 AM
Again, was there a legit FB on the roster?

WolfpackGuy
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Well, at least it's not like the last Gronkowski trade where a second rounder (that cost a first rounder) was sent packing.

pricejj
05-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Beadles and Walton apparently share an agent and his name is pricejj.

Eh, it'll do. Our OL is better than what the Colts had. Either one screws up and Philip Blake will pick up the pieces.

Though I don't expect to see the 2-back set very often, Elway knows the importance of a FB. The Broncos lost to Jacksonville in '96...after adding Howard Griffith, we won back-to-back Superbowls.

Jetmeck
05-23-2012, 11:40 AM
you haven't been reading the recent articles have you? the team and manning have said over and over again that this will be a more balanced offense and that it's a welcomed change going back closer to his days with Edgerrin James in Indy instead of his most recent times(which got him hurt to begin with)

Hope we do run the ball...we certainly have the weapons.
Is this fullback any good ? How does he compare to our best
Howard Griffith who could block,catch and even run the ball.

If your correct Elway may have been talking to Manning bout
the benefits of a balanced attack especially to an older QB.....

I hope so........

bronco militia
05-23-2012, 11:41 AM
We got the Wrongkowski.

Amirite?

These are the jokes people.

Should have kept Larsen.

LOLLOL

BMarsh615
05-23-2012, 11:42 AM

Austin Sylvester.

yerner
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
yeah i don't agree with that at all. though it is funny that both have played FB & LB and both attended Arizona.

you don't agree because it's dead wrong. larsen is a physical blocker and a contact guy. he was an all pac10 linebacker. chris is an undersized athletic tweener that is a much more dangerous receiver and offensive threat.

hopefully he butt****s brock in the shower to display arizona's domninance. bear down.

Jetmeck
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM

hell freekin yeah...........this could get interesting real fast. look forward to seeing how this compares to 97-98...........

R-Mac
05-23-2012, 11:44 AM

The answer is "no" before and after this trade.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 11:47 AM
you don't agree because it's dead wrong. larsen is a physical blocker and a contact guy. he was an all pac10 linebacker. chris is an undersized athletic tweener that is a much more dangerous receiver and offensive threat.

hopefully he butt****s brock in the shower to display arizona's domninance. bear down.

I don't remember one thing Larsen did here.

BroncoBeavis
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
Eh, it'll do. Our OL is better than what the Colts had.

Again with this stuff...

Trivia question of the day.

Who gave up more sacks...

The 2011 Collins/Painter/Orloftshisface Colts

or

Either the 2010 or 2011 Denver Broncos

Mogulseeker
05-23-2012, 11:48 AM
IDK about this... I was getting pumped at the prospect of having the two TE sets.

Vaughn would have been a good back to keep for the quarter... and for kick returns. Would have rather seen Squid go for Gronk.

From what I hear, this guy is a boss FB, though.

JLesSPE
05-23-2012, 11:49 AM

I do. He got hurt...and that happened on multiple occasions. He also played almost a whole game on both sides of the ball. Don't remember what game or even what year that was...but I remember being impressed. That's all I got.

bronco militia
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM
the broncos finally found Tebow's replacement

ClamChowdah
05-23-2012, 11:52 AM

Yeah you don't want the guy who had 1327 yards and 17 touchdowns in 16 games, you don't want the elite 23 year old, you want his inferior brother ROFL!

R-Mac
05-23-2012, 11:57 AM

He had a 14-yard run in 2010 when he ran over a defender. He had 14 receptions for 127 yards and never dropped a pass. Larsen made an impressive diving catch against the Titans. He caught Tebow's first TD pass. Produced some violent special teams hits. He was voted rookie of the week against the Falcons in 2008, playing at FB and MLB. These are the things I remember.

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 11:58 AM
The answer is "no" before and after this trade.

Awesome! Another cry baby! :Whaaaa!:

R-Mac
05-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Awesome! Another cry baby! :Whaaaa!:

Awesome! Another prepackaged, mindless "yes" man! :welcome:

Bronco Yoda
05-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Not a bad siging if we are actually going to use him.

bfoflcommish
05-23-2012, 12:03 PM
He had a 14-yard run in 2010 when he ran over a defender. He had 14 receptions for 127 yards and never dropped a pass. Larsen made an impressive diving catch against the Titans. He caught Tebow's first TD pass. Produced some violent special teams hits. He was voted rookie of the week against the Falcons in 2008, playing at FB and MLB. These are the things I remember.

so bascially in 4 years 4 things

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Should have thrown Ty Warren and Vaughn @ them for a player Denver could use like Drake Nevis, he doesn't fit their new scheme.

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Awesome! Another prepackaged, mindless "yes" man! :welcome:

Average FB and Mediocre LBer. Ok Special Teamer. Joe Mays fills two of the three spots he played and does it better..which isn't saying a lot considering Mays is a terrible MLB. Gronk can prolly be just as good at FB for cheaper.

Get the sand outta yer vag!

Bacchus
05-23-2012, 12:11 PM
Yeah you don't want the guy who had 1327 yards and 17 touchdowns in 16 games, you don't want the elite 23 year old, you want his inferior brother ROFL!

Yeah, he has great stats.:welcome:

DENVERDUI55
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM

I'll gladly take that gronkowski. I care less about off the field just on the field

NFLBRONCO
05-23-2012, 12:13 PM
We will be running a more Reeves style offense imo then a Indy NE type O. So this is why trade was made. If Denver wanted to be like Indy they would have drafted Randle instead of Osweiller

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 12:16 PM
We will be running a more Reeves style offense imo then a Indy NE type O. So this is why trade was made. If Denver wanted to be like Indy they would have drafted Randle instead of Osweiller

We're going to be a lot more balanced and hopefully A LOT less predictable on first down.

Vegas_Bronco
05-23-2012, 12:20 PM
Most underrated position in the run game...great move for both sides.

Gort
05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
derp derp derp

go away Bob. we have enough massholes infect this board when we play the Patsies. we don't need a KFC fan on here pretending to be one too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UqJzLvvcEHM/Tk3f8xii3bI/AAAAAAAADk8/yUCzbak-63w/s1600/masshole%2Bmap.jpg

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 12:40 PM
Vaughn would have been a good back to keep for the quarter... and for kick returns.

May as well just do away with the kick returner position in Denver entirely. We had a whole 22 returns all last year....with an average return of 23 yds. Yippee. Better off just letting it go through the EZ and avoiding injuries.

Powderaddict
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
the broncos finally found Tebow's replacement

LOL

I laughed

Irish Stout
05-23-2012, 12:41 PM
After the trade I still count 10 CBs on Denver's roster right now. Both Vaughn and this Gronk have shown things in the few years they've played. Therefore, decent trade for a position we clearly wanted to fill.

Powderaddict
05-23-2012, 12:42 PM
If anything this shows the FO did not feel Vaughn would make the final roster. He didn't look all that great last year. I don't know how much of an impact Gronk will make, but I don't think Vaughn's loss will be all that great either.

Cito Pelon
05-23-2012, 12:52 PM
Just Elway building his own team. He brought in his own guys that can replace Vaughn as a returner, as a backup outside corner. Next to be gone is whoever else was a backup before that Elway can replace with his own hand-picked guy. Happens all the time when a new boss comes to town.

UberBroncoMan
05-23-2012, 01:07 PM
The ****... lol

Mogulseeker
05-23-2012, 01:09 PM
BoobsMcgee will be pissed.

We went to the Chargers game in 2010 together, and he was just raving about Vaughn all day.

Boobs McGee
05-23-2012, 01:13 PM
May as well just do away with the kick returner position in Denver entirely. We had a whole 22 returns all last year....with an average return of 23 yds. Yippee. Better off just letting it go through the EZ and avoiding injuries.

Ya know I hadn't really thought of that before now. As much as I'd hoped Cassius would turn into a nice Corner, his real threat was in the return game. Now that the league has de-emphasized THAT option (for everyone reading, I understand that there were still plenty of returns for TD's, just really takes some seriously talented athletes to do so now), we let him go for other areas of need.

I'm thinking now, that this was ultimately their reasoning behind the move.

Boobs McGee
05-23-2012, 01:14 PM
BoobsMcgee will be pissed.

We went to the Chargers game in 2010 together, and he was just raving about Vaughn all day.

LOL I didn't get a chance to read past Bean's quote, and here you are! Very sad right now, HIGH HIGH hopes for that kid. Good luck to him wherever he goes! We need to catch a game again this year mang, that was some fun ****!

And ps, I'll leave him up on my adoptabronco for a day of remembrance :(

eddie mac
05-23-2012, 01:15 PM
The guy played 34 snaps last year so scratch 2011. 2010 he started in Dallas but they couldn't wait to ship him out and signed Fiammetta then dumped him after a year.

I dont get the trade at all considering the amount of decent FB's that were available in FA initially and neither will anyone else of any knowledge around the NFL. Elway and Co continue to bemuse.

lolcopter
05-23-2012, 01:19 PM
If this guy was a free agent there would be a thread saying we don't have any legit FBs and we should bring him in

But we traded away a CB who likely wouldn't have made the team anyway and people are butthurt about adding a FB

lol orange mane at its best

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 01:21 PM
The guy played 34 snaps last year so scratch 2011. 2010 he started in Dallas but they couldn't wait to ship him out and signed Fiammetta then dumped him after a year.

I dont get the trade at all considering the amount of decent FB's that were available in FA initially and neither will anyone else of any knowledge around the NFL. Elway and Co continue to bemuse.

Agreed, far better options were available..

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 01:24 PM
If this guy was a free agent there would be a thread saying we don't have any legit FBs and we should bring him in

But we traded away a CB who likely wouldn't have made the team anyway and people are butthurt about adding a FB

lol orange mane at its best

It's more about the compensation they got in return for Vaughn.. I would have gotten a player of more value I.E. a DT, maybe someone not from the new regime who's not a fit for 3-4.. Like DT now DE Drake Nevis.. I would have taken Mookie I'm average at best Johnson over this below average FB..

Not insinuating Vaughn was great, but maybe would have tried to swing it my way, this is like the third time saying it, I would have sent Ty Warren to be their 5Tech along with Redding. Nevis is not a good fit.

DivineLegion
05-23-2012, 01:28 PM

He was one of three players (in the recent era,if I remember correctly) to start in all three phases of football in one game (against the falcons) i.e. offense, defense, and special teams.

lolcopter
05-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Vaughn's value was as a return man, of which we have a few now. There is no way we were getting comparable value in the DT position for a 5th-6th ranked CB on the team

BroncoBen
05-23-2012, 01:32 PM
lol, i seem to remember someone saying they wanted the two back I-Form set only if we had a true FB. well... there's our true FB.

Isn't this guy like 6'2" 250lbs, and from what I've heard he can block. I don't have a problem with the trade.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 01:37 PM
Vaughn's value was as a return man, of which we have a few now. There is no way we were getting comparable value in the DT position for a 5th-6th ranked CB on the team

I said Warren and Vaughn for Nevis. Warren is a better fit at five tech than Nevis by far!

DivineLegion
05-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Isn't this guy like 6'2" 250lbs, and from what I've heard he can block. I don't have a problem with the trade.

That's what I've read about him so far. He is infamously tagged with missing a block his rookie year that sidelined Romo for the season, but other than that one rookie blunder he has a decent reputation.

orange skier
05-23-2012, 01:42 PM
The reality: Vaughn was getting cut.....period, end of story. Elway, Fox, and Company should be given the Medal of Honor for actually getting something (anything) for an obvious cut. I'm surprised they didn't ask for somebody who could go get the pizza, now that Xanders is history. Could very easily end up being New Gronk's position with the organization.

TheReverend
05-23-2012, 02:00 PM
We have a glutton of "meh" tier CBs.

Good for Vaughn now that he has an opportunity to go to another become their "what's that guy's name again?" CB

orange crusher
05-23-2012, 02:03 PM
It's more about the compensation they got in return for Vaughn.. I would have gotten a player of more value I.E. a DT, maybe someone not from the new regime who's not a fit for 3-4.. Like DT now DE Drake Nevis.. I would have taken Mookie I'm average at best Johnson over this below average FB..

Not insinuating Vaughn was great, but maybe would have tried to swing it my way, this is like the third time saying it, I would have sent Ty Warren to be their 5Tech along with Redding. Nevis is not a good fit.

You've mentioned it a few times but what makes you think anyone is interested in Warren, who hasn't seen the field for two straight years and refuses to renegotiate his contract? My guess is that they aren't lining up outside dove valley to trade for him. Waiting for him to be released maybe.

Mogulseeker
05-23-2012, 02:04 PM
The reality: Vaughn was getting cut.....period, end of story. Elway, Fox, and Company should be given the Medal of Honor for actually getting something (anything) for an obvious cut. I'm surprised they didn't ask for somebody who could go get the pizza, now that Xanders is history. Could very easily end up being New Gronk's position with the organization.

lolz..... most people have to die in the process of getting a medal of honor.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 02:08 PM
You've mentioned it a few times but what makes you think anyone is interested in Warren, who hasn't seen the field for two straight years and refuses to renegotiate his contract? My guess is that they aren't lining up outside dove valley to trade for him. Waiting for him to be released maybe.

Warren is a solid scheme fit for a 3-4 as his best ability is playing 5Tech. Drake Nevis also got hurt last year, so it's not like he was DROTY. Plus he's a gap shooter, he's built like Warren Sapp, short and very stocky, not ideal for a 5 tech to be short, stocky, and have TRex arms.

Plus it's Warren and Vaughn, two scheme fits for a not so much scheme fit.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 02:13 PM

Ugh why did you bite!!!!

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 02:17 PM
Ugh why did you bite!!!!

You don't have any kind of useful material and intellect to add to a conversation.

TheReverend
05-23-2012, 02:18 PM
You don't have any kind of useful material and intellect to add to a conversation.

Neither do you.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 02:21 PM
Neither do you.

Sticking up for your boyfriend again? You of all people on this board couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat.

Powderaddict
05-23-2012, 02:26 PM
What I find funny is the idea anyone would trade anything of value for Warren.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 02:29 PM

No I wanted to see how many times you would keep posting that. :spit:

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 02:30 PM

This. Ha!

maher_tyler
go away Bob. we have enough ma-holes infect this board when we play the Patsies. we don't need a KFC fan on here pretending to be one too.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-UqJzLvvcEHM/Tk3f8xii3bI/AAAAAAAADk8/yUCzbak-63w/s1600/ma-hole%2Bmap.jpg

LOL

Bmore Manning

Yet people on this forum are bitching and want to keep him.
Drake Nevis was a third round pick of the old regime, he is a 4-3 DT not a 3-4 DE.. If Denver doesn't think Warren will take a pay cut, dangle him to see if they can get value instead of outright cutting him. That value concept seems to be missing in some minds around here.

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
Sticking up for your boyfriend again? You of all people on this board couldn't hit water if you fell out of a boat.

Someone attacking Rev? This is about to get fun.

Requiem
05-23-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't get the deal either, but I am not going to make a big deal of it.

Champ, Porter and Florence are going to be the top guys. We also have Chris Harris. Considering Judie can do returns and we invested a fourth rounder in Bolden, we have our five corners. We also have other options at S who can play certain roles if need be.

Turd traded for turd.

Not a big deal.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 02:41 PM

Champ, Porter and Florence are going to be the top guys. We also have Chris Harris. Considering Judie can do returns and we invested a fourth rounder in Bolden, we have our five corners. We also have other options at S who can play certain roles if need be.

Turd traded for turd.

Not a big deal.

I think we all want to see a Denver Championship, so I would just like to see the FO take the extra step and try to get useful value back. At least a player who might contribute, instead of a below average FB who just has a known last name.

And I should not be wrong for wanting better executed moves..

TheReverend
05-23-2012, 02:42 PM

Yup. That definitely describes me...

TheReverend
05-23-2012, 02:43 PM
Someone attacking Rev? This is about to get fun.

I dont have the time today.

Bahamas tomorrow.

TheReverend
05-23-2012, 02:44 PM

Turd traded for turd.

Not a big deal.

Money says they run those 5 + Thompson (no Judie) and go 6 CBs deep (esp since Harris can play S in a pinch)

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 02:45 PM

Turd traded for turd.

Not a big deal.

I could understand if we traded Harris but it was Vaughn...i don't get it..we filled a hole.

RaiderH8r
05-23-2012, 02:50 PM

To be fair, DB4L couldn't really see many Broncos games since his raging hateboner for Tebow was blocking his view.

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I think we all want to see a Denver Championship, so I would just like to see the FO take the extra step and try to get useful value back. At least a player who might contribute, instead of a below average FB who just has a known last name.

The FO is happy with our DB situation! They felt trading him was a good move and are happy with what they got in return. I highly doubt Vaughn was going to make the team given the DB depth we have.

RaiderH8r
05-23-2012, 02:51 PM
so bascially in 4 years 4 things

He's an NFL fullback. 4 things in 4 years is like 3 things away from all pro.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 02:53 PM
He's an NFL fullback. 4 things in 4 years is like 3 things away from all pro.

So he is three years away from being a all pro fullback?

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 02:55 PM
The FO is happy with our DB situation! They felt trading him was a good move and are happy with what they got in return. I highly doubt Vaughn was going to make the team given the DB depth we have.

I'm not arguing that, but I think Denver should identify better opportunities and talent to poach, considering the new regime with a new scheme.. Many Indy players dont fit.

Irish Stout
05-23-2012, 03:11 PM
I said Warren and Vaughn for Nevis. Warren is a better fit at five tech than Nevis by far!

Just to be fair, you don't know that they didn't try and do this. You also don't know how high the interest actually is in Warren.

Getting some value, even if its value you don't like, out of a CB who was in all likelihood not going to be on the final roster was a decent move. It could have been better, sure, but first you need a willing and ready dance partner... or you need the Raiders to believe you have the next Carson Palmer of CBs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 03:14 PM
I'm not arguing that, but I think Denver should identify better opportunities and talent to poach, considering the new regime with a new scheme.. Many Indy players dont fit.

You are talking about Denver should find better value by dangling hacks like Vaughn and warren out there? Do you Dangle a 5 dollar bill out there hoping for a 500 dollar hoe?

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 03:15 PM

Is it possible many Colts players don't fit what Del Rio wants to do?

lonestar
05-23-2012, 03:15 PM

once again talking out of your anal orifice..

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 03:17 PM
once again talking out of your anal orifice..

Why the hell have you not put me on ignore yet? You keep sniffing my butthole hoping to find something to zing. Down doggie down.

lonestar
05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Why the hell have you not put me on ignore yet? You keep sniffing my butthole hoping to find something to zing. Down doggie down.

He blocks better than Walton and Beadles combined.

why have you not put me on IGGY.. I think reBUTTING your comentary is fun..

it is so easy..

Punisher
05-23-2012, 03:22 PM
Nice trade see how the kid does in training camp if he stinks it up just cutt him. And sign a new FB no harm no foul since we have depth at the CB position anyway

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 03:31 PM
why have you not put me on IGGY.. I think reBUTTING your comentary is fun..

it is so easy..

It's even more funny that you take everything written on OM to be 100% serious.

Mogulseeker
05-23-2012, 03:35 PM

40-60 percent of my posts are tongue-n-cheek

broncosteven
05-23-2012, 03:42 PM
Look at it this way peoples we traded away the best FB ever to play a snap in the NFL to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

If you want to be mad about something be mad about that.

LOL

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 03:45 PM
Look at it this way peoples we traded away the best FB ever to play a snap in the NFL to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

If you want to be mad about something be mad about that.

LOL

Prepare UrAnus.

lonestar
05-23-2012, 03:46 PM

Thousands of comedians out of work and your cracking jokes?

If your wiling to put something on OM then be willing to back it up..

Was always told this is where the big boys came to comment..

was that wrong?

Drunken.Broncoholic
Prepare UrAnus.

Lonestar is already lookin to rim the first one she sees.

broncosteven
Prepare UrAnus.

I am surprised we went 5 pages without a Tebow as FB comparison!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 03:47 PM
Thousands of comedians out of work and your cracking jokes?

If your wiling to put something on OM then be willing to back it up..

Was always told this is where the big boys came to comment..

was that wrong?

I'll back it up. Walton and Beadles cannot pass block. Plain and simple.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 03:51 PM
Lonestar is already lookin to rim the first one she sees.
LOL

I am surprised we went 5 pages without a Tebow as FB comparison!

It's like picking a scab ;D

lonestar
05-23-2012, 03:53 PM
I'll back it up. Walton and Beadles cannot pass block. Plain and simple.

. I doubt like your original comment He blocks better than Walton and Beadles combined.

is remotely valid..

once again I think your talking out of your ass.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 03:56 PM
. I doubt like your original comment

is remotely valid..

once again I think your talking out of your ass.

Are you literally this stupid? Do you even realize the combined comment is an exaggeration of their lack of pass blocking skills?

Turn off your computer. Go to the bathroom and wipe the turd residue off your little chubby fingers. The moment you started peckin your keyboard in here it has smelled like a dirty toilet. It's not my ass, it's your fingers.

Powderaddict
05-23-2012, 04:08 PM
Yet people on this forum are b****ing and want to keep him.
Drake Nevis was a third round pick of the old regime, he is a 4-3 DT not a 3-4 DE.. If Denver doesn't think Warren will take a pay cut, dangle him to see if they can get value instead of outright cutting him. That value concept seems to be missing in some minds around here.

How do you know they haven't, and there just are not any takers/suckers?

Requiem
05-23-2012, 04:55 PM
Are you literally this stupid? Do you even realize the combined comment is an exaggeration of their lack of pass blocking skills?

Turn off your computer. Go to the bathroom and wipe the turd residue off your little chubby fingers. The moment you started peckin your keyboard in here it has smelled like a dirty toilet. It's not my ass, it's your fingers.

Yes he is. I have been witness to his stupidity since the turn of the century. He is fresh off a ban, so go easy on him. If he gets banned here for good, he will not have a forum to go to.

Requiem
05-23-2012, 04:56 PM
Money says they run those 5 + Thompson (no Judie) and go 6 CBs deep (esp since Harris can play S in a pinch)

Dude, I totally forgot about Syd'quan. Yeah, we are set there for sure. I bet Judie just goes to the PS.

jebures
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWeVbKwrdGs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/EWeVbKwrdGs?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

yerner
05-23-2012, 05:50 PM
i liked Vaughn. but the larsen sleeping is surprising for this board. youtube the chiefs hit on that punt return. you know what this dude did? he parlayed a linebacker job in colllege to a fullback job in the pros to a million dollar contract from the best coach in the nfl. respect that ****.

24champ
05-23-2012, 05:59 PM
6 pages for this trade?

GreatBronco16
05-23-2012, 06:12 PM
6 pages for this trade?

Actually just 4.

pricejj
05-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Judie is better than Vaughn.

go_broncos
05-23-2012, 06:33 PM
We should not have traded Hillis..Wish he was a bronco..

Cito Pelon
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM

Wait a sec here. You actually said the new Gronk could outblock Walton and Beadles combined? That was pretty stupid, no wonder you got called out for it, even being facetious. Stick to the facts, don't try to get cute.

WolfpackGuy
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
McClueless should not have given away Hillis..Wish he was a bronco..

That's more like it.

spdirty
05-23-2012, 07:09 PM
The OP really screwed the pooch on this deal. It was a perfect opportunity to title the thread "Broncos trade for Gronk!!!!!!" Wouldve had a few heart attacks, but plenty of laughs.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Wait a sec here. You actually said the new Gronk could outblock Walton and Beadles combined? That was pretty stupid, no wonder you got called out for it, even being facetious. Stick to the facts, don't try to get cute.

I said that Beadles and Walton can't block for shyt. If you got a problem with HOW I said it that's your prerogative.

footstepsfrom#27
05-23-2012, 07:46 PM
on the downside, he's the reason Tony Romo had a broken clavicle. due to a missed block.

but he's still a good FB.
I'm sorry...what was the downside here? ;D

lonestar
05-23-2012, 07:51 PM

Yeah kind of a dumb ass for making beyond stupid commentary..

lonestar
05-23-2012, 07:55 PM

I still think your the one that should THINK before you post.. and that was what I called you on.

let me repeat your dumb ass comment..He blocks better than Walton and Beadles combined.

get it yet..

post something stupid you get called on it.. and no matter how many times you think your getting cute with a reply, your still called on making a stupid comment..

Requiem
05-23-2012, 07:56 PM
Looks like someone didn't read the new COC even after his ban.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Looks like someone didn't read the new COC even after his ban.

He's still bent out of shape about a purposely exaggerated post I made hours ago. Clearly he has problems beyond this website. Frankly I'm afraid for his well being. Hope he's got a helmet on.

BroncsCheer
05-23-2012, 08:15 PM
I'm okwith this trade.
He's cheap and has some upside in an important position in the running game.
Hope he kicks butt in TC and gets on th field to block for Willis and hiilman.

GreatBronco16
05-23-2012, 08:21 PM
He's still bent out of shape about a purposely exaggerated post I made hours ago. Clearly he has problems beyond this website. Frankly I'm afraid for his well being. Hope he's got a helmet on.

And yet you're still going on about it with him. Maybe you two can carpool to the meetings together.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 08:27 PM
And yet you're still going on about it with him. Maybe you two can carpool to the meetings together.

O ya? Look back. I responded to Cito. Then he chimed in with an ass related comment.

Why is this little sarcastically exxagerated comment I made so offensive to tebowites?

GreatBronco16
05-23-2012, 08:32 PM
Why is this little sarcastically exxagerated comment I made so offensive to tebowites?

Now look who's getting bent out of shape.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Now look who's getting bent out of shape.

Nah. I'm feelin dam good right now. Hard to get bent out of shape with anything after smokin a blunt.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 09:14 PM
Is it possible many Colts players don't fit what Del Rio wants to do?

If your saying Drake Nevis doesn't, you don't have a wide variety of knowledge in NFL players outside of Denver and your offensive fantasy football players you have drafted.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 09:19 PM

Especially considering pass blocking is a weak attribute of this Gronkowski. Surely he's not better than them both combined or even one on one, when he let Boley rock Romos world.

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 09:32 PM
If your saying Drake Nevis doesn't, you don't have a wide variety of knowledge in NFL players outside of Denver and your offensive fantasy football players you have drafted.

The Colts won't trade him so I'm not wasting another thought on him.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 09:38 PM
The Colts won't trade him so I'm not wasting another thought on him.

This. Just cause we like a trade to happen doesnt mean its remotely possible. The colts would not trade Nevis for Vaughn or Warren. Is he even on the trade block?

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 09:42 PM
This. Just cause we like a trade to happen doesnt mean its remotely possible. The colts would not trade Nevis for Vaughn or Warren. Is he even on the trade block?

They just drafted him in the third round of the 11 draft. Odds are the answer is no.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 09:59 PM
They just drafted him in the third round of the 11 draft. Odds are the answer is no.

This is true, but that was also an old regime and a 4-3 scheme. He's not a 3-4 DE he's a poor mans warren sapp. While I have no idea who or what was offered, my whole point is make championship quality moves, get a player who will play or a draft pick!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 10:07 PM
This is true, but that was also an old regime and a 4-3 scheme. He's not a 3-4 DE he's a poor mans warren sapp. While I have no idea who or what was offered, my whole point is make championship quality moves, get a player who will play or a draft pick!

Thats all fine, but it's not like a video game. Get a player who will play or a draft pick. We don't know what they asked for with Vaughn. His low value does not garner much at all. He was likely to be cut. How do you know they didn't call 31 teams for a low draft pick? Or a different player? Or Nevis? This FO is doing their homework. You can only get quality in this situation if someone is willing to give it up for a meh player like Vaughn.

Irish Stout
05-23-2012, 10:10 PM

You understand that by the time the season starts we're going to lose about 30 dudes on our roster. We can't make blockbuster trades with all that scrap metal. Some dudes are just going to be cut, some might get turned into another player to fill a position of need.

Hard to believe anyone would give up a draft pick for Vaughn. What we did was a decent move.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Thats all fine, but it's not like a video game. Get a player who will play or a draft pick. We don't know what they asked for with Vaughn. His low value does not garner much at all. He was likely to be cut. How do you know they didn't call 31 teams for a low draft pick? Or a different player? Or Nevis? This FO is doing their homework. You can only get quality in this situation if someone is willing to give it up for a meh player like Vaughn.

I'd rather take Vaughn to compete then get the bum gronkowski who is average at best. It's not a video game, this is real life.

Bmore Manning
05-23-2012, 10:14 PM
You understand that by the time the season starts we're going to lose about 30 dudes on our roster. We can't make blockbuster trades with all that scrap metal. Some dudes are just going to be cut, some might get turned into another player to fill a position of need.

Hard to believe anyone would give up a draft pick for Vaughn. What we did was a decent move.

Indy needs a MLB, **** they tried to get Mays, they can have him too!

DBroncos4life
05-23-2012, 10:17 PM
I'd rather take Vaughn to compete then get the bum gronkowski who is average at best. It's not a video game, this is real life.

Up till Manning joined the Broncos just what about Vaughn did you like?

maher_tyler
05-23-2012, 10:18 PM
7 pages because of this trade?? LOL

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-23-2012, 10:22 PM

You know about gronk cause you are a colts fan. We know about Vaughn cause we are bronco fans. Maybe it's a wash of 2 players then.

Jetmeck
05-24-2012, 12:02 AM

what I want is you to pull your head out and understand you are on another team;s board and act like you aren't 12..................

lonestar
05-24-2012, 12:22 AM

nope not interested..

prefer to spend my time with folks that have a clue and can admit they are a dumb ass when it is proven..

RaiderH8r
05-24-2012, 07:52 AM
That's what I've read about him so far. He is infamously tagged with missing a block his rookie year that sidelined Romo for the season, but other than that one rookie blunder he has a decent reputation.

That's the type of miss that will end Manning. Osweiler better keep the wing warm.

Boomhauer
05-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Get a player who will play or a draft pick. We don't know what they asked for with Vaughn... He was likely to be cut.
How do you know they didn't call 31 teams for a low draft pick? Or a different player? Or Nevis? This FO is doing their homework. You can only get quality in this situation if someone is willing to give it up for a meh player like Vaughn.

This. Trade a CB that was likely going to be in competition with Tony Carter and Joshua Moore for the 5th-CB and K/PR job for a FB that will likely be in competition with Austin Sylvester for the occasional FB job.

The only regret I have is that Vaughn never got a real shot at CB here. He's shown a lot of ability and was the 2nd-best CB on the roster the last two years, but it never panned out for w/e reason. The rape-party with Cox and Demaryius probably sealed his pink slip anyways, but best of luck to him with his new team.

Boomhauer
05-24-2012, 07:54 AM
7 pages because of this trade?? LOL

Not much news coming from Dove Valley these days ZZZ...

RaiderH8r
05-24-2012, 07:54 AM

SINNER! REPENT! HERETIC!

At this point if we're going to ship Vaughn, and that's fine, for a marginal player I'd prefer we throw darts at the DT part of the dart board rather than the FB part of the board.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Because we are so stacked at the FB position...

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 08:20 AM
SINNER! REPENT! HERETIC!

At this point if we're going to ship Vaughn, and that's fine, for a marginal player I'd prefer we throw darts at the DT part of the dart board rather than the FB part of the board.

That's all I suggested! You hit the nail on the head!

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 08:21 AM
Because we are so stacked at the FB position...

Don't need a FB, it takes away from someone who will get poached away on the PS.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 08:22 AM
The only regret I have is that Vaughn never got a real shot at CB here. He's shown a lot of ability and was the 2nd-best CB on the roster the last two years, but it never panned out for w/e reason.

If he was really the 2nd best corner on our roster, he would still be on the team. Especially considering he was also our best kick returner.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 08:27 AM
You know about gronk cause you are a colts fan. We know about Vaughn cause we are bronco fans. Maybe it's a wash of 2 players then.

Nope, Indy got the better end of the stick.

Let me remind everyone there was a certain someone named James Harrison who couldn't stick to the Ravens roster.. He ended up on the PS, cut, and wound up on a team called the Pitsburgh Steelers. The rest is history.

While I am not suggesting Vaughn is the next Harrison of DBs, he has shown some flashes of ability from the marginal amount I know about him compared to you guys. He can be a kick returner, special teamer, and maybe earn a spot on Indy. Gronkowski can only run block a little, he probably won't make the team. If your trading for a player, get a player of a position of need, hmmmm maybe DT!??? And pick up one of the better available FBs that's on the market if you really want just a blocking FB!

It's all about value and making good business decisions to improve your team!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 08:55 AM
Nope, Indy got the better end of the stick.

Let me remind everyone there was a certain someone named James Harrison who couldn't stick to the Ravens roster.. He ended up on the PS, cut, and wound up on a team called the Pitsburgh Steelers. The rest is history.

While I am not suggesting Vaughn is the next Harrison of DBs, he has shown some flashes of ability from the marginal amount I know about him compared to you guys. He can be a kick returner, special teamer, and maybe earn a spot on Indy. Gronkowski can only run block a little, he probably won't make the team. If your trading for a player, get a player of a position of need, hmmmm maybe DT!??? And pick up one of the better available FBs that's on the market if you really want just a blocking FB!

It's all about value and making good business decisions to improve your team!

Wheres Vaughn going to play? You got champ porter Florence Harris bolden and Syd, all of whom are better than Vaughn IMO. You can't base it on Vaughn's performance, since there's not much there at all. As far as returning kicks, the new rule pretty much took the value out of that real fast. Catching a touchback doesn't require much skill.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 08:58 AM
Wheres Vaughn going to play? You got champ porter Florence Harris bolden and Syd, all of whom are better than Vaughn IMO. You can't base it on Vaughn's performance, since there's not much there at all. As far as returning kicks, the new rule pretty much took the value out of that real fast. Catching a touchback doesn't require much skill.

So you just give a player away essentially? What if there were major injuries in the secondary? I think your missing that the value they got back was worthless..

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 09:00 AM
Vaughn was likely getting cut... Gronkowski will likely make the team

Value argument holds little ground

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 09:01 AM
So you just give a player away essentially? What if there were major injuries in the secondary? I think your missing that the value they got back was worthless..

Let me introduce the term "cut". What value will they get when they cut 30 some players in a couple months? He was the odd man out and would've been cut. You get nothing when that happens.

Wes Mantooth
05-24-2012, 09:04 AM
8 pages about the #6 CB.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 09:07 AM
8 pages about the #6 CB.

Dude don't you know we should have traded him for a starting DT????

Stagger Lee
05-24-2012, 09:08 AM
8 pages about the #6 CB.

Doing my part to get it to 9.

GreatBronco16
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
I like how everyone is saying he was going to be cut. Crystal balls hard at work this week I see. And no, this is not me being opposed to the trade.

Irish Stout
05-24-2012, 09:14 AM
Let me introduce the term "cut". What value will they get when they cut 30 some players in a couple months? He was the odd man out and would've been cut. You get nothing when that happens.

He doesn't understand that. Nor does he understand that we have 10 CBs still listed on our roster.

He wants to take little old rotten lemons and turn them into a Mercedes Benz, where the Broncos just turned them into suitably drinkable lemonade. Considering the alternative that would have happened with Vaughn, this was a good move by the Broncos.

We'd all rather have more DT depth and strength, but we can't always get what we want.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 09:17 AM
I like how everyone is saying he was going to be cut. Crystal balls hard at work this week I see. And no, this is not me being opposed to the trade.

His value was as a return man... Enter bolden/hillman/Willis

CBs -- champ, porter, bolden, Harris, Florence, Thompson

Irish Stout
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM

Somebody in the CB department was and still is going to be cut. We had 11 CBs listed on our roster. Now we have 10. Vaughn was maybe 6th best and was not PS eligible. Its a logical leap.

Powderaddict
05-24-2012, 09:18 AM

It doesn't take a crystal ball, the fact that the FO traded him for competition at FB shows they didn't believe he would make the team.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 09:19 AM
Yup, let's all pretend Gronkowski was the best available FB and that Denver got the better in this deal...

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Yup, let's all pretend Gronkowski was the best available FB and that Denver got the better in this deal...

Yep let's all pretend Denver could trade their #6 CB for ANYTHING of value at the DT position

Maybe we could throw in Ty warren!

Powderaddict
05-24-2012, 09:25 AM

Who cares who got the "better end".

The point of this kind of trade isn't to "win" the trade, it's to improve your team. They got something for a player that obviously didn't factor much into their future plans. It's not like they traded Champ Bailey for some scrub FB.

Irish Stout
05-24-2012, 09:26 AM

There likely are many better FBs available for the right price. Denver may not have got the better in this deal, but they didn't take it in the poop shoot either. They got a position of need filled by trading a piece off the scrap heap... its like money for nothing and checks for free. So maybe, they did get the better of this deal.

Powderaddict
05-24-2012, 09:28 AM
There likely are many better FBs available for the right price. Denver may not have got the better in this deal, but they didn't take it in the poop shoot either. They got a position of need filled by trading a piece off the scrap heap... its like money for nothing and checks for free. So maybe, they did get the better of this deal.

Wow, all these years I thought they said "Money for nothing and your CHICKS for free".

This thread, FINALLY DELIVERS!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 09:33 AM

Maybe if they wanted to keep him they wouldn't of brought in so many DBs this offseason. Bring in that many DBs means they thought that position was fairly weak. Vaughn is not better than porter Harris Florence or Syd IMO. And bolden will take up a DB roster spot too

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 09:38 AM

Honest questions: what FBs were/are available and "better"? And would they sign for the measley $500K this guy is under contract for?

Irish Stout
05-24-2012, 09:40 AM
Wow, all these years I thought they said "Money for nothing and your CHICKS for free".

This thread, FINALLY DELIVERS!

****, you're right. I've been signing along with dire straights incorrectly for years! Chicks for free makes a lot more sense than singing about free checking, unless of course they're banking at Key Bank and also got a toaster.

Powderaddict
05-24-2012, 09:49 AM
****, you're right. I've been signing along with dire straights incorrectly for years! Chicks for free makes a lot more sense than singing about free checking, unless of course they're banking at Key Bank and also got a toaster.

LOL

For the record I wasn't being snarky I thought I must have been wrong :)

bronco militia
05-24-2012, 10:16 AM
His value was as a return man... Enter bolden/hillman/Willis

You forgot the rookie WR Eric Paige...he might already be #1 on the depth chart for return duties.

http://blueturfnation.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/UT-OSU-Eric-Paige-CJ-Barnett-300x217.jpg

mwill07
05-24-2012, 10:30 AM
Honest questions: what FBs were/are available and "better"? And would they sign for the measley $500K this guy is under contract for?

Here is a complete list of available FA FB's - per nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#):

name status height weight age former team career starts notes
Hall, Ahmard UFA 5/11 241 32 Tennessee 40 24 career rushes, 73 career receptions.
Johnson, David RFA 6/2 260 24 Pittsburgh 14 converted TE, never before played FB.
McCluskey, James Released 6/2 250 24 Oakland no info available
Mughelli, Ovie UFA 6/1 250 31 Atlanta 51 one time pro-bowler, visiting StL today
Norris, Moran UFA 6/1 250 33 San Francisco 58
Reece, Marcel RFA 6/3 240 26 Oakland 16
Ta'ufo'ou, Will Released 5/11 247 25 Tennessee no info available

i've only heard of two of these guys: Mughelli - who won't come cheap, and Marcel Reece, who is a RFA. Not sure what kind of compensation we would have to give to oak for him.

eta: on second thought, no way in hell oakland would do a deal with us for Reece. it seems they've got him by the balls: make him play this year at a low wage in exchange for free-agency next year. He has no leverage to force a trade, and no way would oakland deal him to us.

That leaves Mughelli, who is probably going to sign a $1m deal (my guess) w/ StL. That's too steep of a price for us to pay for a position we won't feature.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Here is a complete list of available FA FB's - per nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com/freeagency#):

name status height weight age former team career starts notes
Hall, Ahmard UFA 5/11 241 32 Tennessee 40 24 career rushes, 73 career receptions.
Johnson, David RFA 6/2 260 24 Pittsburgh 14 converted TE, never before played FB.
McCluskey, James Released 6/2 250 24 Oakland no info available
Mughelli, Ovie UFA 6/1 250 31 Atlanta 51 one time pro-bowler, visiting StL today
Norris, Moran UFA 6/1 250 33 San Francisco 58
Reece, Marcel RFA 6/3 240 26 Oakland 16
Ta'ufo'ou, Will Released 5/11 247 25 Tennessee no info available

i've only heard of two of these guys: Mughelli - who won't come cheap, and Marcel Reece, who is a RFA. Not sure what kind of compensation we would have to give to oak for him.

Thanks. Paging BMore Manning......I'm still waiting for you to tell us who you think would've been better and why.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 11:04 AM
Thanks. Paging BMore Manning......I'm still waiting for you to tell us who you think would've been better and why.

First off, I don't think any FB would have been good. Peyton doesn't have a prototypical FB in his offense as in sure most are aware. Second off, if they wanted a blocking FB all of those names are better options, including some FBs who signed this offseason. While none would have been Gronk cheap, they could have gotten one in UDFA if they wanted cheap and good blocker.

pricejj
05-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Bmore, I think having a legitimate FB is crucial...

1. In the Superbowl in 2010, the Colts failed to pick up a 1st down late in the game while lining up Mike Hart at the FB position. Lined up on their own goal line, the Colts ran it 3 straight times out of the I-formation (with Mike Hart), and had to punt. The Saints had the go ahead touchdown out of the I-formation (with a legit FB).
2. Even though we should be running with 2 TE's 90% of the time (who knows if McCoy is smart enough to do that or not), there will be some crucial times where picking up a 1st down, while rushing the ball is necessary (like in the 2010 Superbowl, 4th and inches, etc.). It is always good to have a good FB on the roster in case you need him. The Patriots added Spencer Larsen in the offseason, precisely for that reason.
3. Having a legit FB only adds versatility to the Offense. It is an added dimension (even if rarely used) that can pay dividends in a Manning Offense.

mwill07
05-24-2012, 11:29 AM
First off, I don't think any FB would have been good. Peyton doesn't have a prototypical FB in his offense as in sure most are aware. Second off, if they wanted a blocking FB all of those names are better options, including some FBs who signed this offseason. While none would have been Gronk cheap, they could have gotten one in UDFA if they wanted cheap and good blocker.

I suppose it's time for the reminder that it's not Peytons offense...it's McCoys (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82944ade/article/peyton-manning-broncos-coach-mike-mccoy-a-perfect-match).

"The great thing is from Day 1, his first time out here, he said to us, 'Hey, I wanna learn your system,' " Broncos offensive coordinator Mike McCoy said Tuesday, after wrapping up the club's second day of OTAs. "He said that he knew we'd had success, our receivers had success, in that system before we changed some things around last year, and he wanted us to teach it to him."
"You look at the zone-read (option) last year with Tim," McCoy said. "We did a nice job with it, so we just kept running it. And we got to the point where we were comfortable running it from any point on the field. It'll be the same thing with Peyton. There are certain things we'll do well with him, and maybe things we don't do as well, and we'll keep doing what we're doing well."

outdoor_miner
05-24-2012, 11:33 AM
First off, I don't think any FB would have been good. Peyton doesn't have a prototypical FB in his offense as in sure most are aware.

You are seriously acting like you know better than the Broncos coaches and Front Office what they need for their offense. It's like the 3rd time I've seen you say this. Here is a clue - they want to have a FB. Manning has said several times that he wants to run the ball more, and is on-board with that. Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until we got a dominant running game. They are trying to build to this blueprint.

Now - argue all you want about who they got. Maybe you think there are better options out there. Maybe you think Vaughn had a legit shot at making the team and contributing. Whatever. But seriously - the team has determined that they need a fullback. Live with that fact.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 11:35 AM
Bmore, I think having a legitimate FB is crucial...

1. In the Superbowl in 2010, the Colts failed to pick up a 1st down late in the game while lining up Mike Hart at the FB position. Lined up on their own goal line, the Colts ran it 3 straight times out of the I-formation (with Mike Hart), and had to punt. The Saints had the go ahead touchdown out of the I-formation (with a legit FB).
2. Even though we should be running with 2 TE's 90% of the time (who knows if McCoy is smart enough to do that or not), there will be some crucial times where picking up a 1st down, while rushing the ball is necessary (like in the 2010 Superbowl, 4th and inches, etc.). It is always good to have a good FB on the roster in case you need him. The Patriots added Spencer Larsen in the offseason, precisely for that reason.
3. Having a legit FB only adds versatility to the Offense. It is an added dimension (even if rarely used) that can pay dividends in a Manning Offense.

That versatility can be beneficial.. After your excellent write up of the Indy offense you should know they don't need a FB in the Manning offense. I'm not sure how Green and Thomas block, but if one could block it would allow one to not get cut and keep roster spaces for another position.

I would have gotten an UDFA if they wanted a cheap FB or pursued a talented one on the market.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
I suppose it's time for the reminder that it's not Peytons offense...it's McCoys (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d82944ade/article/peyton-manning-broncos-coach-mike-mccoy-a-perfect-match).

It will be Peytons offense don't be niave. He will get a call and audible into what he wants.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 11:38 AM
You are seriously acting like you know better than the Broncos coaches and Front Office what they need for their offense. It's like the 3rd time I've seen you say this. Here is a clue - they want to have a FB. Manning has said several times that he wants to run the ball more, and is on-board with that. Elway didn't win a Super Bowl until we got a dominant running game. They are trying to build to this blueprint.

Now - argue all you want about who they got. Maybe you think there are better options out there. Maybe you think Vaughn had a legit shot at making the team and contributing. Whatever. But seriously - the team has determined that they need a fullback. Live with that fact.

I said then they should have gotten a better one douche.. Trying reading what I wrote.

Shananahan
05-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I can't understand getting really worked up about the move. Denver trading Vaughn is a clear sign that he probably wouldn't make the team, so anything they get in return is a potential improvement.

Where do you find the energy to argue about something like this?

mwill07
05-24-2012, 11:58 AM
It will be Peytons offense don't be niave. He will get a call and audible into what he wants.

lol...I've never seen anyone audible into a different set of personnel.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 12:00 PM
I said then they should have gotten a better one douche.. Trying reading what I wrote.

Man if you are gonna be like this all year just stick to watching Colts games. 1-15 has put you in a horrible offseason mood.

mwill07
05-24-2012, 12:01 PM
does anyone think that Manning wasn't consulted on bringing in a guy from Indy?

Manning may not have played last year, but he sat in on all meetings, attended all practices, and studied film from all games. He knows what little-Gronk is all about.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 12:12 PM

Maybe Gronk IS the best one for what they want out of the position. You don't know. Period.

And enough with the name calling.

pricejj
05-24-2012, 12:19 PM

Good luck building that blueprint without Terrell Davis or the best Offensive line in the NFL.

Last I heard, McCoy was going to try to convince Manning to "use some 2 back sets". Looks like this is his attempt at that. And like I said, having a FB can be beneficial if used at the right times...running predominantly 2 back sets with Manning is not. Surely McCoy realizes that. This isn't the 1990's.

"Running the ball more" to Manning means throwing the ball less than 42 times per game. 35 pass attemps/game sounds about right.

If the McCoy decides to put a FB (making $490k) on the field more than a TE (making $3M), he deserves to be fired on the spot.

outdoor_miner
05-24-2012, 12:30 PM

Jeez man... I know you did. You were making two arguments. 1) They don't need a FB. 2) They got a bad fullback.

My point was that argument #1 is pointless. They are installing an offense. They think it needs a fullback. Clearly, it is slightly different from Manning's old offense. What is there to argue?

Argument #2 - have at it.

pricejj
05-24-2012, 12:30 PM
That versatility can be beneficial.. After your excellent write up of the Indy offense you should know they don't need a FB in the Manning offense. I'm not sure how Green and Thomas block, but if one could block it would allow one to not get cut and keep roster spaces for another position.

I would have gotten an UDFA if they wanted a cheap FB or pursued a talented one on the market.

You are right, by adding a FB, they will have to sacrifice somebody.

I assume that by adding the FB, they will only run with 5 WR's.
1. Demaryius Thomas
2. Eric Decker
3. Andre Caldwell
4. Brandon Stokley
5. Eric Page

It would be stupid to cut Virgil Green (Dreessen's back-up), or Julius Thomas (Tamme's back-up).

If they cut one of those guys in favor of keeping the FB...the Omane may shut down.

BTW...Moreno, Fannin, and J. Johnson will all be fighting for one roster spot.

Wes Mantooth
05-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Where do you think the scouting report came from on Grokowski?

Hulamau
05-24-2012, 01:11 PM
McGahee, Hillman and Manning are all smiling with this trade! Brings a lot of added versatility and run game options to our team.

Vaughn is a good young corner but we are overflowing there now and with Judie likely to be the next UDFA to make it as a solid corner for us as well as Bolden as a not too distant starter along with Harris who will break out this year, we are set with young corners.... not to mention Porter who is barely 26 as well as Squid and we still have more corners than we can keep in any event.

This was a perfect time to use some of our CB depth to strengthen a key area of offensive need to help make the new attack that much more flexible especially for short yardage and goal line work.

Irish Stout
05-24-2012, 01:28 PM
McGahee, Hillman and Manning are all smiling with this trade! Brings a lot of added versatility and run game options to our team.

Vaughn is a good young corner but we are overflowing there now and with Judie likely to be the next UDFA to make it as a solid corner for us as well as Bolden as a not too distant starter along with Harris who will break out this year, we are set with young corners.... not to mention Porter who is barely 26 as well as Squid and we still have more corners than we can keep in any event.

This was a perfect time to use some of our CB depth to strengthen a key area of offensive need to help make the new attack that much more flexible especially for short yardage and goal line work.

No, stop it. That doesn't make any sense. They should've traded Vaughn for Tom Brady instead, or at the very least Calvin Johnson.

Drek
05-24-2012, 01:33 PM

You really think they're going to scrap a highly productive running game, something Fox built multiple winning seasons around in Carolina, just because they have Manning?

The goal is obviously to hybridize the two, Manning's passing attack and the Fox/Magazu hard running offense. Manning will throw the ball less, especially in late game situations with a strong lead, and that will be built off of a lot of traditional I form sets.

Gronkowski is a very capable run blocker who is incredibly cheap and cost us a guy who couldn't make our 53 man roster and is no longer practice squad eligible.

I'd imagine the primary job Gronkowski will see for the first three quarters of most games is special teams work, namely on the return team, with a little taste of goal line and short yardage work here and there. Late in games when we're up though he'll spend a lot of time working with McGahee to close out leads. He'll spend very little time in pass pro and probably almost never actually touch the ball, but that doesn't mean he doesn't offer a skill set this team currently lacks.

peacepipe
05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
fox has been someone that always liked running the ball he was 55-45% run vs pass in carolina. it'll probably be reverse now.

Lestat
05-24-2012, 01:41 PM
why does the subject keep getting back to Manning not having a FB in the past?
Manning has already said he favors having a balanced offense and running the ball more.
McCoy has already said they plan to have a good mixture of 2 back sets in the offense and will still run the ball and take some pressure off Peyton.

Manning says he wants the offense to be more balanced, McCoy says it will be more balanced.
the QB agrees, the OC agrees, the head coach likes balance as well.
i don't understand why some people are still fighting this...

Manning got knocked around like a rag doll when he was dropping back and chucking it 40+ times a game and he's had to suffer through 3 neck injuries because of it.

30-35 throws a game is good enough from manning for us to win big. he does not need to be taking more hits than necessary.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 01:46 PM
Look at what harbaugh did with Bruce Miller. Guy was a defensive player and he moved him to fullback. He had 4 attempts for 8 yards the entire season. Do not think that he didn't play a big role in that niners offense. He was huge for them in that position.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Man if you are gonna be like this all year just stick to watching Colts games. 1-15 has put you in a horrible offseason mood.

I'm not a Colts fan minus Peyton. Some of you on here have been real pricks.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 01:51 PM
We don't take kindly to player fans 'round these parts

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I'm not a Colts fan minus Peyton. Some of you on here have been real pricks.

So you weren't a colts fan before manning? One 1-15 season and you ditch the team?

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
Where do you think the scouting report came from on Grokowski?

Gronkowski joined the Colts LAST SEASON, Peyton did not play last year lol!

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 01:53 PM
So you weren't a colts fan before manning? One 1-15 season and you ditch the team?

What are you not getting.. I am a Peyton Manning fan. I cheer for him to have success no matter the team.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 01:54 PM
We don't take kindly to player fans 'round these parts

Really, hmm I remember an elephant in the room for you guys last year.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 01:55 PM
What are you not getting.. I am a Peyton Manning fan. I cheer for him to have success no matter the team.

I asked you a question. You dodged it. I'll ask again. What were you a fan of before manning got into the league? Did you not follow it? We're you a soccer fan?

baja
05-24-2012, 01:56 PM

End thread/

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 01:57 PM
Really, hmm I remember an elephant in the room for you guys last year.

And? They weren't exactly loved.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 01:58 PM
I'm not a Colts fan minus Peyton.

this is gross btw

You should be ashamed

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 02:00 PM
why does the subject keep getting back to Manning not having a FB in the past?
Manning has already said he favors having a balanced offense and running the ball more.
McCoy has already said they plan to have a good mixture of 2 back sets in the offense and will still run the ball and take some pressure off Peyton.

Manning says he wants the offense to be more balanced, McCoy says it will be more balanced.
the QB agrees, the OC agrees, the head coach likes balance as well.
i don't understand why some people are still fighting this...

Manning got knocked around like a rag doll when he was dropping back and chucking it 40+ times a game and he's had to suffer through 3 neck injuries because of it.

30-35 throws a game is good enough from manning for us to win big. he does not need to be taking more hits than necessary.

This is comical!

I am not arguing the FB, I am saying the player they got is not the best option.. And that the FO needs to do a way better job acquiring good value.
How this got misconstrued to me fighting the FB notion is comical!

1. I said they need to get better value.
2. I said the Manning offense doesn't need a FB, but if they feel that's what they need, then get the best available FB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 02:03 PM
This is comical!

I am not arguing the FB, I am saying the player they got is not the best option.. And that the FO needs to do a way better job acquiring good value.

2. I said the Manning offense doesn't need a FB, but if they feel that's what they need, then get the best available FB.

And what FB is the best value? In order to get value in a trade you have to give some form of value up. Vaughn is not going to garner much if any value.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 02:04 PM
this is gross btw

You should be ashamed

My favorite player will win this Franchise a minimal of one SB.

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 02:05 PM
I asked you a question. You dodged it. I'll ask again. What were you a fan of before manning got into the league? Did you not follow it? We're you a soccer fan?

What does that matter? Do you want to be my friend. Why would I subject myself to more attacks from you guys.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 02:05 PM
My favorite player will win this Franchise a minimal of one SB.

Cool story. Have fun jumping ship again in 5 years

Bmore Manning
05-24-2012, 02:07 PM
Cool story. Have fun jumping ship again in 5 years, flake

You gonna be ok bro

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 02:08 PM
What does that matter? Do you want to be my friend. Why would I subject myself to more attacks from you guys.

I think it's relavent. If I want to take any of the info in your posts seriously I'd like to know what if any background you have in a teams knowledge. For instance I thought you would have some decent info on the Colts. Now that I know you were never a fan of that team, I assume any of your posts related to the colts hold less water now.

lolcopter
05-24-2012, 02:10 PM
You gonna be ok bro

I'm gonna be fine. And I'm also gonna be a broncos fan until the day I die

JLesSPE
05-24-2012, 02:13 PM
This is comical!

What I find comical is your delusion that you have better player evaluations than a professional FO. A 6th (MAYBE) CB for a FB. GTFO if you want to argue value. Now if we signed PM to a 96M deal and then traded him back to the colts for Cassius Vaughn...that's a gross deficit in value. You're arguing about a slight value difference and that is only based on YOUR evaluation.

Lestat
05-24-2012, 02:15 PM
And? They weren't exactly loved.

that was awful to endure. no logic, no foresight, no knowledge. just hoping on blind faith...

Bacchus
05-24-2012, 02:17 PM
Jesus Christ people, I cannot believe some of you people are complaining about this trade. Get a life, really it is sad.

Beantown Bronco
05-24-2012, 02:17 PM
This guy admits to only following Manning, yet tries to say he has deep knowledge of undrafted college fullbacks and backup fullbacks from teams NOT named the Colts or Broncos. AND somehow knows that they would be better fits for whatever offense we're going to run this year than Gronk, even though nobody knows what offense we're going to run this year outside of the guys in Dove Valley. Interesting.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-24-2012, 02:22 PM
This guy admits to only following Manning, yet tries to say he has deep knowledge of undrafted college fullbacks and backup fullbacks from teams NOT named the Colts or Broncos. AND somehow knows that they would be better fits for whatever offense we're going to run this year than Gronk, even though nobody knows what offense we're going to run this year outside of the guys in Dove Valley. Interesting.

Could he be the Manning brother that never played ball?

Lestat
05-24-2012, 02:24 PM
This is comical!

not really comical, you keep saying the same thing over and over again.

they used a spare CB to get a FB they really like. those other FB's that you rate highly the front office apparently does not.
you trade one guy who isn't a need for one who plays a position that is a need.
i don't see the downside of this. he's still fairly young, he fits with the offensive scheme they want to run and he's cheaper than most other FB's would be for the same potential impact.