PDA

View Full Version : McGahee: Manning will make my rushing stats better

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 10:37 AM
McGahee: Manning will make my rushing stats better

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_20677096/mark-kiszla-peyton-manning-might-get-broncos-run

I respectfully disagree with Mr. McGahee.

I see a running back by committee next year, and I think Moreno is going to have a breakout year.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 10:38 AM
"My goal is to do better than I did last year," McGahee told me. "And that means I've got to get past 1,200 yards."
C'mon, man. You can't be serious.
"With Peyton coming to Denver, I don't have to worry about nine defenders in the box," McGahee said.

Read more: Kiszla: Peyton Manning might get Broncos' run game off the ground - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_20677096/mark-kiszla-peyton-manning-might-get-broncos-run#ixzz1vcLNdiFS
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

peacepipe
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_20677096/mark-kiszla-peyton-manning-might-get-broncos-run

I see a running back by committee next year, and I think Moreno is going to have a breakout year.

hard to say,IDK if moreno even makes the team. ronnie hillman may take the job that moreno held.

baja
05-22-2012, 10:47 AM

I will go on record saying the same. Moreno will have his best season by far this year.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 10:49 AM
McGahee, Hilman, Moreno and another camp guy makes the team - Fannin, Johnson or Ball.

None of them will go over 1,000 yards rushing, but I see three of them going for over 500.

Moreno might go over 1,000 all-purpose yards including receiving.

broncocalijohn
05-22-2012, 10:51 AM
I will go on record saying the same. Moreno will have his best season by far this year.

Do you know he will be healthy enough to not lose his job? McGahee is correct on having the box stacked and it should be much easier to run through the line. McGahee doesn't need to be pounded like last year when he is over 30 years of age.

crush17
05-22-2012, 10:52 AM
McGahee, Hillman, Moreno, Fannin.

Write it down.

Kaylore
05-22-2012, 10:54 AM

Write it down.

Don't forget Megahee.

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm looking forward to this offense. This article comments that Manning does not want to throw it as much as he used to and this makes sense, that is, Manning doesn't want to have to be the entire offense.

Single back sets baby!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-22-2012, 11:06 AM

Write it down.

I like it. Fannin 230 plus with 4.37 speed. Dude needs to stay healthy to give himself a chance.

baja
05-22-2012, 11:11 AM
Do you know he will be healthy enough to not lose his job? McGahee is correct on having the box stacked and it should be much easier to run through the line. McGahee doesn't need to be pounded like last year when he is over 30 years of age.

I think Moreno's skill set is perfect for our Manning lead offense.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:15 AM

I don't know how you can make this statement. Moreno has shown nothing but a tendency to drive irresponsibly and get hurt. These are the only current truths.

gyldenlove
05-22-2012, 11:17 AM
Mcgahee with Manning will give defenses a very unique challenge in that they have to plug the middle or have Mcgahee haul it for 5 or 6 yards consistently, putting us on 2nd and short situations which is something you never want with Manning, but on the other hand you need to put pressure on Manning or flood the backfield to keep him from completing passes as he wishes.

Moreno has a very interesting skillset to play with Manning in that he blocks well and catches very well and can run, but don't write off Mcgahee for a second or he will be there to punish people.

baja
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
I don't know how you can make this statement. Moreno has shown nothing but a tendency to drive irresponsibly and get hurt. These are the only current truths.

One thing is for sure this is Moreno's make or break season - His last chance to stay on the field and play to his skill level.

oubronco
05-22-2012, 11:18 AM
This year is going to be so much to watch! I can't wait

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
One thing is for sure this is Moreno's make or break season - His last chance to stay on the field and play to his skill level.

There's no doubt about that. I'm gunning for him but the glass man needs to show up. He's fun to watch when he's playing and not dancing.

rideco
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
I would not be shocked to see Hillman have more total yards then any other RB on the roster this season. Outside of depth I see no reason to keep NoShow around any more.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Mcgahee with Manning will give defenses a very unique challenge in that they have to plug the middle or have Mcgahee haul it for 5 or 6 yards consistently, putting us on 2nd and short situations which is something you never want with Manning, but on the other hand you need to put pressure on Manning or flood the backfield to keep him from completing passes as he wishes.

Moreno has a very interesting skillset to play with Manning in that he blocks well and catches very well and can run, but don't write off Mcgahee for a second or he will be there to punish people.

I think it will be cool to just see a pass on first down every once and awhile. Running it up the gut on first was incredibly boring and predictable last year.

DENVERDUI55
05-22-2012, 11:30 AM
9 in the box it was 10 and 11 a lot of the time.

BroncoMan4ever
05-22-2012, 11:44 AM

i don't think the totals are going to go up for our running game, however, i believe the yards per carry is going to jump up a lot. our running game won't be as much of a focus going forward, but it is going to be more explosive, because of the defensive alignments the opposition will be playing to get Peyton off the field.

so now instead of seeing 40 runs a game at a 4ypc average, we will probably be seeing 20 runs a game for a 5.5 - 6ypc average.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
i don't think the totals are going to go up for our running game, however, i believe the yards per carry is going to jump up a lot. our running game won't be as much of a focus going forward, but it is going to be more explosive, because of the defensive alignments the opposition will be playing to get Peyton off the field.

so now instead of seeing 40 runs a game at a 4ypc average, we will probably be seeing 20 runs a game for a 5.5 - 6ypc average.

I just want to see balance. It wins.

maher_tyler
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM

This! He's been hurt every year...won't be surprised if he gets hurt in camp or at some point in preseason. Hope he does have a break out year...i've given up on him so it'll be a nice surprise if he does.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 11:51 AM
McGahee should be able to rush for 1,200 yards like Addai did in 2006 with a 2 TE set (Tamme, Dreessen).

I look for Hillman to get 100-150 touches as well.

Both RB's should be able to catch about 40 balls each.

I'm not sure where Moreno fits into the equation.

DENVERDUI55
05-22-2012, 11:59 AM
McGahee should be able to rush for 1,200 yards like Addai did in 2006 with a 2 TE set (Tamme, Dreessen).

Moreno gets his 20 carries before he blows a tire and is on ir.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:01 PM
This! He's been hurt every year...won't be surprised if he gets hurt in camp or at some point in preseason. Hope he does have a break out year...i've given up on him so it'll be a nice surprise if he does.

I've mentioned it elsewhere but the other current truth is his capacity to dance and that does nothing but piss me off on game day, Shanny style. "Pick a spot and hit it! You ballerina whore!"

DBroncos4life
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM

Moreno is good for about 300 yards rushing and 4 TDs, if he is healthy enough for both KC games.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Moreno gets his 20 carries before he blows a tire and is on ir.

His tires will be fine, it will the the axle that breaks at 18.

lolcopter
05-22-2012, 12:05 PM
Uh there's no way mcgahee even comes close to 40 catches imo

Cito Pelon
05-22-2012, 12:11 PM

Getting a little carried away there I think.
1996, 4.5YPC/season
1997, 4.6YPC/season
1998, 4.7YPC
2002, 5.0YPC
2003 4.8YPC
2011 4.8YPC

Those were some of the best years probably, so . . . .

lolcopter
05-22-2012, 12:15 PM
Highly inflated stat predictions itt

peacepipe
05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
TBH,I have more faith in hillman,having not played a down in the NFL,then I do moreno.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 12:39 PM

McGahee caught 43 his only year starting with Baltimore.

In 2006, Addai had 40 and Rhodes had 36. To win the Superbowl, I think the Broncos should copy the 2006 Colts.

mwill07
05-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Can Hillman block? I'm pretty sure Moreno can.

If Hillman struggles with his blitz pick-ups, reads, etc, he won't see the field. With Manning in the back-field, pass-blocking will be hyper-critical. No way to the Broncos trust Manning's health to a smallish rookie RB without a strong blocking pedigree unless he can prove competance in TC.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 12:46 PM
You do realize that while Manning was with the Colts, the single RB either carried the ball, or ran a pass pattern right?

One of the many beauties of the Manning Offense, is that he gets rid of the ball so quick, he rarely takes sacks...while having 5 skill players running patterns.

The RB often just performs a chip block on their way to the flat.

mwill07
05-22-2012, 12:48 PM
You do realize that while Manning was with the Colts, the single RB either carried the ball, or ran a pass pattern right?

One of the many beauties of the Manning Offense, is that he gets rid of the ball so quick, he rarely takes sacks...while having 5 skill players running patterns.

did not realize. I do realize that we are running a McCoy offense though, not really sure what that means.

BroncoBen
05-22-2012, 12:48 PM

That is how I see it as well.. Manning dumping the ball off the Moreno for a easy 5-6 yard pick up. Then McGahee pounds the ball for 4 or 5 yards.

Short passes and runs.. I will take that all day long if it results in moving the chains, eating clock, and putting points on the board.

underrated29
05-22-2012, 12:50 PM

While that is true and I agree to an extent- we are not running the manning offense. We are incorporating it but we are not running the O the colts did. You can be sure that we will have our RBs on all three downs doing pass pro- esp. if there is an audible at the line.-which is very manning like.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:52 PM
did not realize. I do realize that we are running a McCoy offense though, not really sure what that means.

If last year was not a testament to his flexibility, given our success with a one trick pony at QB, I would expect him to utilize Manning towards his strengths, as he should. I don't know why there would be any question about that.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 12:59 PM
I just don't see the benefit of running a 2-back set. I could understand if you had a guy like Tom Rathman in the backfield...but Austin Sylvester?

If McCoy wants to run a 2-back set with McGahee and Hillman (or Moreno)...what would be the point in that? The Offense would be severely limited. The Colts tried something similar in the 2010 Superbowl, and couldn't even pick up a 1st down.

McCoy is setting himself up to either:
a. make the Broncos lose
b. make himself look like an idiot if he keeps talking

I suspect McCoy thinks a 2-back set gives the Broncos "the best chance to win"...kinda like Orton.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM

McGahee has absolutely no idea how he got his yards last season apparently, much like many posters on this board.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:24 PM

Hilarious!

Requiem
05-22-2012, 01:30 PM
^ Here comes the 35 year old virgin.

broncosteven
05-22-2012, 01:31 PM
I don't see KM suddenly getting his **** together and running for more than 600 yards this year I think he will have trouble making the roster and dressing week in and out.

I still think as a runner KM will be below avg but as a 3rd down back he could be very good catching passes out of the backfield.

I do hope that we see a lot of RBC for McGahee's sake.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't see KM suddenly getting his **** together and running for more than 600 yards this year I think he will have trouble making the roster and dressing week in and out.

I still think as a runner KM will be below avg but as a 3rd down back he could be very good catching passes out of the backfield.

I do hope that we see a lot of RBC for McGahee's sake.

I could see KM getting close to 1000 yards, maybe even topping it, if he could simply stay healthy. Of course that's kind of the issue...

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:36 PM
I just don't see the benefit of running a 2-back set. I could understand if you had a guy like Tom Rathman in the backfield...but Austin Sylvester?

If McCoy wants to run a 2-back set with McGahee and Hillman (or Moreno)...what would be the point in that? The Offense would be severely limited. The Colts tried something similar in the 2010 Superbowl, and couldn't even pick up a 1st down.

a. make the Broncos lose

I suspect McCoy thinks a 2-back set gives the Broncos "the best chance to win"...kinda like Orton.

If McCoy has any say in the Manning endeavor I'll go on record right now and say we have zero chance of winning a Super Bowl before Manning retires. Zero.

DBroncos4life
05-22-2012, 01:39 PM

That is just 2.5 catches per game. That said I think 20 plus is more like it for him.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Can Hillman block? I'm pretty sure Moreno can.

If Hillman struggles with his blitz pick-ups, reads, etc, he won't see the field. With Manning in the back-field, pass-blocking will be hyper-critical. No way to the Broncos trust Manning's health to a smallish rookie RB without a strong blocking pedigree unless he can prove competance in TC.

Moreno can't block if he's on IR. Enough said....

hambone13
05-22-2012, 02:04 PM

a. make the Broncos lose

I don't understand how you derived these conclusions. Where has it been said or proven that a 2 back set is even the goal? I'm confused.

Beantown Bronco
05-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I don't see KM suddenly getting his **** together and running for more than 600 yards this year

2009 - 947 yds
2010 - 779 yds

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2012, 02:10 PM
If McCoy has any say in the Manning endeavor I'll go on record right now and say we have zero chance of winning a Super Bowl before Manning retires. Zero.

According to the article, Manning wants to pass less so an affective running game is important to him as well.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 02:36 PM
According to the article, Manning wants to pass less so an affective running game is important to him as well.

Yeah, the Colts threw the ball a league high 679 times in 2010...that is a bit excessive.

What McCoy doesn't realize, is if you take out Tebow's yards and attempts from last year, the Broncos had about 1,900 yards rushing (with Spencer Larsen).

In 2006, the Colts had about 1,800 yards rushing with a single back...and about 2,000 more yards through the air....and here's the kicker:

118 more points

That averages out to more than 7 points a game, for those who are keeping score.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I don't understand how you derived these conclusions. Where has it been said or proven that a 2 back set is even the goal? I'm confused.

Mike McCoy rookie mini-camp presser. He stated that he wanted Manning to run some 2-back sets, because "we've had so much success with it the last couple years".

The great thing about the Manning Offense is you don't know what to expect, because there are a myriad of things you can do out of the same formation, if all the skill players can get open, catch the ball, and block.

Gee, I wonder what's going to happen when Austin Sylvester comes trotting onto the field?

BroncoBeavis
05-22-2012, 02:49 PM

I think Kyle Orton said the same thing going into last year.

And I'm not kidding.

broncosteven
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM
2009 - 947 yds
2010 - 779 yds

I didn't say he has never gone over 600 yards I just don't see him doing it in the limited role he will get or if he spends most of the year on a stationary bike.

Now if McGahee goes down in week one or two (Heaven Forbid) maybe he gets a chance for more carries but I would be totally shocked if KM got more than 8 carries a game.

I think Lance Ball will get about the same # of carries as KM.

I do think KM could see maybe 12-16 total plays a game depending on how he is doing in the passing game but his days of being a lead back are fading.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 04:40 PM
I didn't say he has never gone over 600 yards I just don't see him doing it in the limited role he will get or if he spends most of the year on a stationary bike.

Now if McGahee goes down in week one or two (Heaven Forbid) maybe he gets a chance for more carries but I would be totally shocked if KM got more than 8 carries a game.

I think Lance Ball will get about the same # of carries as KM.

I do think KM could see maybe 12-16 total plays a game depending on how he is doing in the passing game but his days of being a lead back are fading.

Moreno fits what Manning likes in a back a lot more than McGahee, so you never know...

baja
05-22-2012, 04:44 PM
I have a feeling Moreno is going to have a career year catching passes from Manning

canadianbroncosfan
05-22-2012, 04:57 PM

incorrect. Regardless of who are OC is, we have a 1/32 chance per year :approve:

BroncoMan4ever
05-22-2012, 05:02 PM
Getting a little carried away there I think.
1996, 4.5YPC/season
1997, 4.6YPC/season
1998, 4.7YPC
2002, 5.0YPC
2003 4.8YPC
2011 4.8YPC

Those were some of the best years probably, so . . . .

we were also pounding the ball a hell of a lot more. look at the TD years, he ran the ball almost 400 times a season, plus factor in his backups giving the guy breathers occasionally probably added another 75-100 carries. 02 and 03 were the Portis season where he was the best player on the team, last season all we could do was run.

so all in all we were carrying the ball in the neighborhood of 500 times a season roughly 33 carries a game. which led to teams stacking the LOS in an effort to stop the run as it was what rove the offense

this year because we have Peyton "****ing" Manning, we can expect the complete opposite. teams will load up in Nickle and Dime packages, bringing in extra DB and taking front 7 guys off the field to stop the pass. our offensive focal point is no longer the running game, but the passing game.

now when the offense runs the ball, it won't be against a tradition 7 or more guys in the box near the LOS, it will be against 6 or less guys at the LOS, because the defense is loaded up in the secondary making rushing lanes open up. instead of using the run to draw defenses up closer to the LOS to open up a deep pass play, we will use the pass to make defenses go smaller and back away from the LOS, thus opening up the running game for bigger plays.

i am telling you, mark it down, Denver will have over a 5ypc average this season.

baja
05-22-2012, 05:07 PM
we were also pounding the ball a hell of a lot more. look at the TD years, he ran the ball almost 400 times a season, plus factor in his backups giving the guy breathers occasionally probably added another 75-100 carries. 02 and 03 were the Portis season where he was the best player on the team, last season all we could do was run.

so all in all we were carrying the ball in the neighborhood of 500 times a season roughly 33 carries a game. which led to teams stacking the LOS in an effort to stop the run as it was what rove the offense

this year because we have Peyton "****ing" Manning, we can expect the complete opposite. teams will load up in Nickle and Dime packages, bringing in extra DB and taking front 7 guys off the field to stop the pass. our offensive focal point is no longer the running game, but the passing game.

now when the offense runs the ball, it won't be against a tradition 7 or more guys in the box near the LOS, it will be against 6 or less guys at the LOS, because the defense is loaded up in the secondary making rushing lanes open up. instead of using the run to draw defenses up closer to the LOS to open up a deep pass play, we will use the pass to make defenses go smaller and back away from the LOS, thus opening up the running game for bigger plays.

i am telling you, mark it down, Denver will have over a 5ypc average this season.

I think you are exactly right that game plan is right there for the taking.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 05:33 PM
incorrect. Regardless of who are OC is, we have a 1/32 chance per year :approve:

Naw... in 2010 the odds were like 1/372.

This year the odds are like 1/14.

hookemhess
05-22-2012, 09:30 PM
I think Moreno is going to have a breakout year.

Says every Broncos fan every year.

Until week 5 when he lands on IR.

Requiem
05-22-2012, 09:41 PM
Gee, I wonder what's going to happen when Austin Sylvester comes trotting onto the field?

Hopefully he never does. I'm wishing Knowshon the best with staying healthy this year. I would like to see a lot of Pro Formation/Split Backs with Moreno and Hillman back there with Manning dumping it off to them on routes. Who gives a **** about Austin Sylvester?

Shananahan
05-22-2012, 09:43 PM
Says every Broncos fan every year.

Until week 5 when he lands on IR.
Predicting a career year for Moreno is a fancy way of predicting he won't get injured.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 09:46 PM
Hopefully he never does. I'm wishing Knowshon the best with staying healthy this year. I would like to see a lot of Pro Formation/Split Backs with Moreno and Hillman back there with Manning dumping it off to them on routes. Who gives a **** about Austin Sylvester?

I was hoping we would have drafted a stud FB this year, but with the signings of Dreesen and Tamme, I think the Broncos are going to run one-back sets almost exclusively this year.

I'm excited to see how it works out with Peyton. More short passes and runs that what he's used too, and from every inclination, I hear that's what he wants.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 09:48 PM

I'm telling you bro...it's way more useful/flexible to have two TE's on the field at all times and one RB, as a Defense you can never tell what is happening until it's too late.

Are there any NFL Offenses that have two tail backs on the field at the same time? I know Shanahan used to run it a few times with Orlandis Gary/Mike Anderson, but it is too easy to defend.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 09:58 PM
I was hoping we would have drafted a stud FB this year, but with the signings of Dreesen and Tamme, I think the Broncos are going to run one-back sets almost exclusively this year.

I'm excited to see how it works out with Peyton. More short passes and runs that what he's used too, and from every inclination, I hear that's what he wants.

It's exactly what the Colts did 2005-2007. In 2005, they sat Brandon Stokley (the 3rd WR) in favor of Ben Utecht (the 2nd TE), and won the Superbowl in 2007. In 2008, they stopped playing two TE's all the time, in favor of a putting a 3rd WR (Anthony Gonzalez) out there again...they were last in the NFL in rush yards ever since. Manning started to jack up 40 pass attempts per game and their scoring dropped. 4 neck surgeries later...Manning is a Denver Bronco.

Requiem
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
Not too sure, I only really watch the Broncos and sometimes the Packers, but I haven't had cable in years. All I know is that I am going to enjoy us lighting up the scoreboard on a consistent basis. Face it guys, we are winners this year.

pricejj
05-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Not too sure, I only really watch the Broncos and sometimes the Packers, but I haven't had cable in years. All I know is that I am going to enjoy us lighting up the scoreboard on a consistent basis. Face it guys, we are winners this year.

I only watch the Broncos too. :sunshine: If you can't tell, I've been doing some major youtube/google research over the past couple months. The Patriots copied the old Colts Offense...and we have the weapons to make it even better.

BroncoBeavis
05-22-2012, 10:12 PM

Which is why the Colts were bottom 10 in ypc over at least the last 5 years or so of Manning?

If we had an elite back, I could see how you might hope for 5ypc. But this thread is pure fantasy. Foxie needs to let Peyton do his thang and focus his ass on run defense.

montrose
05-22-2012, 10:36 PM
My Knowshon love has gotten me burned time after time but man, I just think he could be very productive in this type of system. With that, McGahee might be the best between-the-tackles RB Peyton's had in years and they moved up to get Hillman so who knows. As we've seen through the years, RBs can be burnt through like a Game Gear chewed up AA batteries. Hell, did Lance Ball have 600 carries at Kansas City? 

Going into the season I'd like to see McGahee as the 1st down back with Knowshon on passing downs and Hillman for spot duty to use his speed. Willis is no spring chicken, Knowshon's coming off an ACL and Hillman weighs under 200 so I gotta think they keep at least 4 RBs, right?

Broncobiv
05-22-2012, 10:45 PM
All I know is...yet again, no Denver Broncos RB is going to be truly reliable for fantasy football. Sure, one of them might offer up some value in the 7th round, but how much, and which one??

I miss the TD/Portis days! Where you could take a Broncos RB in the first round and it was a good choice!

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 11:33 PM
Yeah, there won't be nine players in the box against the run... but the uncertainty about if Tebow or a HB was going to get the ball adds a dimension to an offense. Those nine defenders can't commit the same way.

Obviously, Manning will make the passing game more dangerous and there won't be near the same commitment to stopping the run. It'll make the Broncos harder to defend, but McGehee will not have the same numbers as last season either. He's not likely to get the 17.5 touches he had when healthy last season.

DBroncos4life
05-22-2012, 11:43 PM

Tamme played FB/TE with the Colts. He will be lined up that way with us as well.

broncocalijohn
05-23-2012, 12:07 AM
All I know is...yet again, no Denver Broncos RB is going to be truly reliable for fantasy football. Sure, one of them might offer up some value in the 7th round, but how much, and which one??

I miss the TD/Portis days! Where you could take a Broncos RB in the first round and it was a good choice!

Yes, **** the Super Bowl as we have FF to think about. Who are you, a Mile High Mojoe disciple?

BroncoMan4ever
05-23-2012, 12:11 AM
Which is why the Colts were bottom 10 in ypc over at least the last 5 years or so of Manning?

If we had an elite back, I could see how you might hope for 5ypc. But this thread is pure fantasy. Foxie needs to let Peyton do his thang and focus his ass on run defense.

not really, a balanced offense that can both pass and run is important. and the last 5 years Indy reverted back to the 3 wide receiver sets and away from the 2 TE sets which were more conducive to running the ball effectively.

if Peyton is throwing the ball up 40+ times a game, it will be fun to watch but ultimately end in us watching 2 other teams in the super bowl. if he is throwing 30 times a game and we can run 20-25 times a game and has some semblance of a balanced offense, the team will be much better.

also, take a look at who Indy has lined up at RB the last 5 years.

Donald Brown, Addai, Mike Hart, Domenik Rhodes, Kenton Keith. not exactly pro bowlers back there. For the most part, those guys are pretty much on par or maybe slightly better than Moreno has been for us.

We have McGahee who is a far superior back to these guys and Hillman who i personally think is going to be our Darren Sproles. Add in Fannin might be someone to keep an eye on as well.

SPORTSWRITER
05-23-2012, 04:27 AM

Guess I'm a draft-optimistic homer, but I look for BIG things from Hillman! That kid reminds me of Emmitt Smith, when he was in the SEC!! Even if he just subs for the M and M boys, I expect great results both as a runner and a receiver!

strafen
05-23-2012, 07:09 AM

I've been hearing this crap every year
Moreno is a bust. people just need to deal with it
It'll be nice if he had a breakout year, but chances are, he won't

socalorado
05-23-2012, 07:19 AM
How anyone thinks knowshow is gonna have a productive season is nuts.
The guy has shown nothing on the field. He gets hurt every year, and he
plain sucks anyways. Monster bust pick.
Then theres all of his off the field, idiot crap. Knowshow wont even make it out of camp.
Hillman will start with Willis.

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 07:25 AM
How anyone thinks knowshow is gonna have a productive season is nuts.
The guy has shown nothing on the field. He gets hurt every year, and he
plain sucks anyways. Monster bust pick.
Then theres all of his off the field, idiot crap. Knowshow wont even make it out of camp.
Hillman will start with Willis.

2600 all purpose yards and 18 TDs in just over 2 seasons work. All while running against 9 and 10 man fronts, behind the worst Broncos offensive line in team history. Yup, clearly sucks.

socalorado
05-23-2012, 07:49 AM
2600 all purpose yards and 18 TDs in just over 2 seasons work. All while running against 9 and 10 man fronts, behind the worst Broncos offensive line in team history. Yup, clearly sucks.

Ah yes. The fake stats!
Yes, i remember watching knowshow celebrate like it was 1999 in the end zone at the end of every game, in garbage time, padding his stats, while DEN was being blown out by 20.
Keep running to those fake stats. Ha!

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 07:53 AM
Ah yes. The fake stats!
Yes, i remember watching knowshow celebrate like it was 1999 in the end zone at the end of every game, in garbage time, padding his stats, while DEN was being blown out by 20.
Keep running to those fake stats. Ha!

He did that once. He was supposedly trying to get his guys back in the game. Once.

Fake stats? What does that even mean? It's not like we had a habit of running the ball late in games in 2009 and 2010 when we were regularly behind in games. That's when we'd throw the ball every down and Orton would pad HIS stats.

Please provide ANY evidence to back this up. Otherwise, you're just making crap up.

WolfpackGuy
05-23-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't know if Sauced makes it out of camp.

socalorado
05-23-2012, 08:08 AM
He did that once. He was supposedly trying to get his guys back in the game. Once.

Fake stats? What does that even mean? It's not like we had a habit of running the ball late in games in 2009 and 2010 when we were regularly behind in games. That's when we'd throw the ball every down and Orton would pad HIS stats.

Please provide ANY evidence to back this up. Otherwise, you're just making crap up.

Knowshow was a clown in the end zone whenever he got there, which according to you was 18 times. Oooh look! i am using precious stats!
He is also a clown whenever he gets into a car as well. I dont have any stats to back that up either, but i could care less.
He sucks on the field, and he sucks off it.
Knowshow plain sucks, with or without stats or a car.

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 08:09 AM
Good. So you admit to making things up. Glad we have that cleared up.

capt. Jack
05-23-2012, 08:14 AM
I think Willis peaked for us, I doubt he will have stats anywhere near his stats last year! I will be happy if he has a good year, it is just highly unlikely, in my opinion!

socalorado
05-23-2012, 08:16 AM
Good. So you admit to making things up. Glad we have that cleared up.

There you go again, padding your "i cant deal with my inferiority complex" stats.
Gotta check your ICDIC stats to see if you qualify for the HOF yet.
:welcome:

BroncoBeavis
05-23-2012, 08:28 AM
not really, a balanced offense that can both pass and run is important. and the last 5 years Indy reverted back to the 3 wide receiver sets and away from the 2 TE sets which were more conducive to running the ball effectively.

if Peyton is throwing the ball up 40+ times a game, it will be fun to watch but ultimately end in us watching 2 other teams in the super bowl. if he is throwing 30 times a game and we can run 20-25 times a game and has some semblance of a balanced offense, the team will be much better.

also, take a look at who Indy has lined up at RB the last 5 years.

Donald Brown, Addai, Mike Hart, Domenik Rhodes, Kenton Keith. not exactly pro bowlers back there. For the most part, those guys are pretty much on par or maybe slightly better than Moreno has been for us.

We have McGahee who is a far superior back to these guys and Hillman who i personally think is going to be our Darren Sproles. Add in Fannin might be someone to keep an eye on as well.

I'm not sure a gimped up Grampa Willis is any better a solution than a young Addai was. Obviously if we end up with a young back who steps up to be something special that will help.

But the Colts haven't had much in the way of balance since Edge left. And that was coincidentally (or not) when the Colts had one of the best O Lines in football.

I just don't see an RB as old as the hills being fronted by a suspect line as a formula for 5+ ypc. That's elite rushing game territory. You don't see more than 2 or 3 teams a year breaking that mark. And they're always teams with a Stud lined up in the backfield.

baja
05-23-2012, 08:30 AM
Knowshow was a clown in the end zone whenever he got there, which according to you was 18 times. Oooh look! i am using precious stats!
He is also a clown whenever he gets into a car as well. I dont have any stats to back that up either, but i could care less.
He sucks on the field, and he sucks off it.
Knowshow plain sucks, with or without stats or a car.

Must be great to start the day is such a fine mood.

socalorado
05-23-2012, 08:39 AM
Must be great to start the day is such a fine mood.

What? No "Mood" stats to back up your post?

pricejj
05-23-2012, 08:47 AM
...Donald Brown, Addai, Mike Hart, Domenik Rhodes, Kenton Keith. not exactly pro bowlers back there. For the most part, those guys are pretty much on par or maybe slightly better than Moreno has been for us.

To be fair, Addai had almost 1,100 yards rushing in 2006 and 2007 (before the
Colts reverted back to the 3 WR sets). He is a former 1st round draft pick (like McGahee), who is extremely explosive out of the backfield. His (and Rhodes) success in 2006 is a primary reason why the Colts were able to win the Superbowl. I am dissappointed that he is with the Patriots, because he is very good at picking up yardage in the 2 TE/1 RB set.

Bacchus
05-23-2012, 10:05 AM

What about his 3.8 YPC average? That is pretty bad.

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 10:08 AM
What about his 3.8 YPC average? That is pretty bad.

Ummmm, what? His career ypc is 4.1, and it's going up every year.

kappys
05-23-2012, 10:09 AM
I think we're in a pretty good spot as far as RB's go.

McGahee might not be a great receiver but he runs well out of an empty backfield - he has good vision to see where the O-line opens up holes - that is important since we won't see much FB play and will probably feature a lot of 2TE sets.

Knowshown is a dissapointment but he does pass block well - that could maintain him as a useful element particularly in 3 WR sets and especially if Franklin continues to struggle with speed rushers off the right edge. He can do enough as a receiver out of the backfield to at least make him an element the defense has to account for.

Hillman, like all rookies, is a wild card. He certainly has the potential but we'll have to wait and see how he performs at this level

DENVERDUI55
05-23-2012, 10:31 AM
Ummmm, what? His career ypc is 4.1, and it's going up every year.

You love that guy!

Beantown Bronco
05-23-2012, 10:34 AM
I just don't think he's as horrible as some here do. He's been bit by the injury bug, which sucks, especially considering he didn't miss a single game due to injury in college. But when he's out there, he's been one of our more productive players. He certainly hasn't been the offense's weakest link since he was drafted. Not by a long shot.

Fedaykin
05-23-2012, 11:43 AM
For a least a couple years (hopefully) we're going to have what we haven't had since 98 -- a legitimate multi-dimensional offense. No more crap offenses that can only compete at one thing (passing OR running).

Manning sounds on board with not throwing 40+ times a game, and you know Elway is extolling the benefits of a powerful run game to keep the other team's D honest.

BroncoMan4ever
05-23-2012, 11:50 AM
To be fair, Addai had almost 1,100 yards rushing in 2006 and 2007 (before the
Colts reverted back to the 3 WR sets). He is a former 1st round draft pick (like McGahee), who is extremely explosive out of the backfield. His (and Rhodes) success in 2006 is a primary reason why the Colts were able to win the Superbowl. I am dissappointed that he is with the Patriots, because he is very good at picking up yardage in the 2 TE/1 RB set.

06 and 07? what has he done lately.

of every back i mentioned from both the Broncos and Colts recent history, McGahee is the only one who has done anything impressive.

because of that, and because he will have a decreased workload, which means he won't be gassed at the end of the season we should expect good productivity from him.

also, since it seems the offense Denver runs will be more closely mirrored to the Edgerrin James style of Indy offense, we can expect more 2 TE sets that will aid in the running game.

Cito Pelon
05-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I just don't think he's as horrible as some here do. He's been bit by the injury bug, which sucks, especially considering he didn't miss a single game due to injury in college. But when he's out there, he's been one of our more productive players. He certainly hasn't been the offense's weakest link since he was drafted. Not by a long shot.

Certainly. The criticisms of Moreno around here are pretty ridiculous at times. "He doesn't score TD's!!!" Well, his TD per touch ratio is one of the best in the NFL. "He doesn't get yards!!!" Well, his yards per touch ratio is one of the best in the NFL. When he's on the field, he produces very well. Trouble is, of course he hasn't been on the field that much.

Maybe he's matured and this year he can put it together. He always struck me as an immature guy, he'd break a good run then jaw at the defenders on the way back to the huddle. Or break a good run, then pull himself for a breather.

Maybe he's not a real coachable player, kind of a pain in the ass for coaches to deal with, hence bringing in McGahee who was a very productive back through his career and a good team guy.

Bobby Turner absolutely loved Moreno coming out of college, so if the Broncos move him on maybe he'll find a home in Washington.

pricejj
05-23-2012, 12:38 PM
06 and 07? what has he done lately.

of every back i mentioned from both the Broncos and Colts recent history, McGahee is the only one who has done anything impressive.

because of that, and because he will have a decreased workload, which means he won't be gassed at the end of the season we should expect good productivity from him.

also, since it seems the offense Denver runs will be more closely mirrored to the Edgerrin James style of Indy offense, we can expect more 2 TE sets that will aid in the running game.

That's my point. Addai is good (like McGahee). The Colts stopped playing 2 TE's consistently in 2008, ever since their running game sucked. It's not Addai's fault. McGahee would have gotten shut down with the scheme the Colts have been running for the past 3 years.

I expect about 1,200 yards out of McGahee this year.

DENVERDUI55
05-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Moreno should get a case of beer and drunk drive out of town. He can't be considered reliable and is a vagina to boot. Euthanize the way overdrafted RB.

Vegas_Bronco
05-23-2012, 06:56 PM
I agree McMaggie (nuk nuk) will have a more productive yards per carry and if peyton is injured this team may ride him to 1600bed next season.