PDA

View Full Version : How will you feel?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
When Payton Manning throws the ball for the 1st time as a Bronco, it will make him the best QB to ever throw a football in a Bronco Uniform. How will Bronco fans feel about that? Just curious.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 02:14 PM
Are you making a crack here? At least learn how to spell his name right.

razorwire77
05-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' down the river.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Are you making a crack here? At least learn how to spell his name right.

No crack. Serious question.

crush17
05-21-2012, 02:16 PM
Until he has another ring on his finger, he is still behind #7. Period.

Btw, hows Matt Cassell looking this offseason?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:17 PM
Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' down the river.

Answer the question with a serious answer. That'll teach me.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:18 PM

No way he's better than Manning

Shananahan
05-21-2012, 02:18 PM
How does it feel that the #2 Denver QB all-time in your scenario would easily be the #1 all-time Kansas City QB?

This is the weakest smack I've seen in awhile. You aren't even trying.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
How does it feel that the #2 Denver QB all-time in your scenario would easily be the #1 all-time Kansas City QB?

This is the weakest smack I've seen in awhile. You aren't even trying.

Its not smack that why.

bronco militia
05-21-2012, 02:19 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/03/Trolling_drawing.jpg/300px-Trolling_drawing.jpg

SonOfLe-loLang
05-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Even if you werent trolling, and you obviously are, its a retarded question

Bronco Rob
05-21-2012, 02:20 PM
Keep Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' (what?)
Keep Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' (c'mon)
Keep Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' (yeah)
Keep Trollin' Trollin' Trollin' Trollin'

:thumbs:

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:21 PM
No balls? Just answer the question. lol

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 02:23 PM
How about they are both number 1 HOFers?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:26 PM
How about they are both number 1 HOFers?

How about be the 1st with the stones to face the question and give a reasonable answer. It aint happened so far.

lolcopter
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
I will be happy knowing that he's not a queef

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Even if you werent trolling, and you obviously are, its a retarded question

Not at all. Whats retarded about asking you how you'd feel about it. I asked a Bronco fan I know about it and he gave me an answer. Just wondered where you guys come in at, and this is the BS I get. Which comes off as fear and unwillingness to face the question asked.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:30 PM
I will be happy knowing that he's not a queef

How will you feel about Elway being second best.

crowebomber
05-21-2012, 02:31 PM
I have no problem saying that if he wins a couple of championships with the Broncos. I think Elway would say that too. To say he is the best Bronco QB ever as soon as he throws his first pass is just silly. That's like saying Jerry Rice was the greatest Bronco receiver of all time.

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM

Yeah. Right. You're just interested in our welfare. Hilarious!

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:33 PM
I have no problem saying that if he wins a couple of championships with the Broncos. I think Elway would say that too. To say he is the best Bronco QB ever as soon as he throws his first pass is just silly. That's like saying Jerry Rice was the greatest Bronco receiver of all time.

I didnt say that. I said the best to wear a Bronco uniform. Rice was the best to wear the uniform too.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:34 PM
Yeah. Right. You're just interested in our welfare. Hilarious!

Then dont ****in post. Simple.

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 02:37 PM
Then dont ****in post. Simple.

Wow! Not just a troll, but a belligerent troll. In the stats that matter, Peyton still has to win 7 more games to tie Elway. He's got to get to a few more SBs, and he's got to win at least one of them. And that's to tie. Marino had a lot of nice stats too. ;D

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Wow! Not just a troll, but a belligerent troll. In the stats that matter, Peyton still has to win 7 more games to tie Elway. He's got to get to a few more SBs, and he's got to win at least one of them. And that's to tie. Marino had a lot of nice stats too. ;D

Yeah but, Manning is the best to ever play the game. Stats arent needed for those that know football.

Ray Finkle
05-21-2012, 02:42 PM
Regardless of what he does, he'll always be #2 behind Elway. Elway was a Bronco his entire career. If Manning is with Denver all 5 years and playing at a high level, I'd be shocked.

Now if he wins 3 championships in that timeframe, I will be the first to change my tune.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-21-2012, 02:43 PM
Not at all. Whats retarded about asking you how you'd feel about it. I asked a Bronco fan I know about it and he gave me an answer. Just wondered where you guys come in at, and this is the BS I get. Which comes off as fear and unwillingness to face the question asked.

Whats the answer youre looking for? "cool" "itll be good to see." Youre saying this to start an argument about whether or not Elway was better than him.

Nice try.

razorwire77
05-21-2012, 02:43 PM
I can't imagine the stats that Elway or Marino would put up in the 21st Century offensive friendly era.

Marino might have had a 6K year.

Miss I.
05-21-2012, 02:44 PM
When Payton Manning throws the ball for the 1st time as a Bronco, it will make him the best QB to ever throw a football in a Bronco Uniform. How will Bronco fans feel about that? Just curious.

The Man's name is PEYTON. I get your little jibe, Payaton, we get it. A toddler would get it.

First I will answer your asinine troll question. It will most certainly not make him the best QB to ever throw a football in a Bronco Uniform. So there is nothing to feel about it. I certainly hope that Peyton brings us both Superbowl rings and a lot of exciting football. I am glad to have him as our QB. And by the way, today he did throw his first ball as a Bronco and we are all quite excited. Had you bothered to read that thread, you'd already have an answer to your ridiculous question. I am glad he's on board. I, like most of the board, are very excited that he is in our uniform, but to say he's the best QB to ever throw a football in a Bronco uniform at this point is clearly premature. And unless he wins us 5 superbowls it won't be true. Manning, while I will be excited if we win superbowls with him, was not our franchise QB for his entire career. That alone will always endear John to me over anyone else.

My question for you then is how does it feel to know that this greatest QB to ever throw in a Broncos uniform wouldn't even take a meeting with the Chiefs? How will the Chiefs feel if our new HOF QB takes us to a Superbowl and wins, unlike say Joe Montana?

R-Mac
05-21-2012, 02:45 PM
It feels great to have Peyton Manning as our QB. It's the feeling that Chiefs fans wanted to have, but they could not even get a visit.

Bronco Rob
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
It feels great to have Peyton Manning as our QB. It's the feeling that Chiefs fans wanted to have, but they could not even get a visit.

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 02:46 PM
Yeah but, Manning is the best to ever play the game. Stats arent needed for those that know football.

Keep casting it out there. I'm sure you'll get a bite. ;D

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
It feels a lot better than having our team ingest 2 Bad QB farts like your team has. Have fun with Quinn.

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 02:48 PM
My question for you then is how does it feel to know that this greatest QB to ever throw in a Broncos uniform wouldn't even take a meeting with the Chiefs? How will the Chiefs feel if our new HOF QB takes us to a Superbowl and wins, unlike say Joe Montana?

Ouch! That will leave a mark. Ha!

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:52 PM
The Man's name is PEYTON. I get your little jibe, Payaton, we get it. A toddler would get it.

First I will answer your asinine troll question. It will most certainly not make him the best QB to ever throw a football in a Bronco Uniform. So there is nothing to feel about it. I certainly hope that Peyton brings us both Superbowl rings and a lot of exciting football. I am glad to have him as our QB. And by the way, today he did throw his first ball as a Bronco and we are all quite excited. Had you bothered to read that thread, you'd already have an answer to your ridiculous question. I am glad he's on board. I, like most of the board, are very excited that he is in our uniform, but to say he's the best QB to ever throw a football in a Bronco uniform at this point is clearly premature. And unless he wins us 5 superbowls it won't be true. Manning, while I will be excited if we win superbowls with him, was not our franchise QB for his entire career. That alone will always endear John to me over anyone else.

I didn't want Peyton. BTW the name is spelled both ways I guess I just misspelled it. Sorry toddlers.

That said, I would feel a little dejected just because he scoffed at the Chiefs. Hows that for a real answer. Something you still havent done.

Dont get so pissed at the question. Its very simple. The Peyton Manning will be the best QB to throw a football in a Broncos uniform as soon as he throws it in a live game. But you make a good point, he may already be the best.

lolcopter
05-21-2012, 02:53 PM

After we win 5 super bowls in a row I'll feel pretty damn good about it

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2012, 02:54 PM

I'll feel awesome about it.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:54 PM

Your 3rd bite I think. I keep throwin you back.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
I'll feel awesome about it.

I would too. I doubt it would bother me at all. I think you and I are in the minority, judging by the responses.

Powderaddict
05-21-2012, 02:56 PM
Manning, Elway, both are in the conversation as GOAT.

I can't think of a chef that south crack the top 50.

DenverBrit
05-21-2012, 02:57 PM

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/208/b/2/Fishing_Fail_2_by_greycloud07.gif

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Your 3rd bite I think. I keep throwin you back.

Posting isn't a bite. Buying into your silliness would be a bite. That ain't happenin'.

Miss I.
05-21-2012, 03:03 PM
I didn't want Peyton. BTW the name is spelled both ways I guess I just misspelled it. Sorry toddlers.

That said, I would feel a little dejected just because he scoffed at the Chiefs. Hows that for a real answer. Something you still havent done.

Dont get so pissed at the question. Its very simple. The Peyton Manning will be the best QB to throw a football in a Broncos uniform as soon as he throws it in a live game. But you make a good point, he may already be the best.

For a guy spouting off that Peyton is the greatest QB of all time in Broncos uniform, the misspelling of his name was clearly deliberate. It isn't like Peyton's name hasn't been all over the media for his entire career. A shrinking violet he is not.

And I did answer your question, but it wasn't the response you wanted. Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no data to support Peyton as the greatest QB to throw a ball in a Bronco uniform. Joe Montana was the greatest QB to throw in a 49ers uniform, not the Chiefs uniform. Just because they both have amazing stats with their previous teams does not translate to making them the best on their next team. Brett Favre still is arguably better as a Packer then any of the bridesmaids he dated next.

If Peyton does become the most awesome guy ever to bear the Broncos uniform I will be ecstatic because it means he won at least 2 more superbowls and shut down the Chiefs as often as possible and Tom Brady and the Pats too. However HE IS not what you are stating he is right now.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Posting isn't a bite. Buying into your silliness would be a bite. That ain't happenin'.

Well.....you have the highest post count next to mine in this thread. I guess you're leading by example?

Nope, those are bites alright. I wasnt looking for any. Just wanted an answer to the question.

Say it aint so. Its a trick. Lets go on red alert.

No you're not paranoid.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 03:07 PM
Troll

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:08 PM
For a guy spouting off that Peyton is the greatest QB of all time in Broncos uniform, the misspelling of his name was clearly deliberate. It isn't like Peyton's name hasn't been all over the media for his entire career. A shrinking violet he is not.

And I did answer your question, but it wasn't the response you wanted. Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no data to support Peyton as the greatest QB to throw a ball in a Bronco uniform. Joe Montana was the greatest QB to throw in a 49ers uniform, not the Chiefs uniform. Just because they both have amazing stats with their previous teams does not translate to making them the best on their next team. Brett Favre still is arguably better as a Packer then any of the bridesmaids he dated next.

If Peyton does become the most awesome guy ever to bear the Broncos uniform I will be ecstatic because it means he won at least 2 more superbowls and shut down the Chiefs as often as possible and Tom Brady and the Pats too. However HE IS not what you are stating he is right now.

Now I understand the reason you didnt answer the question. You dont get it. Its not important. I think I have my answers.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Now I understand think Ithe reason you didnt answer the question. You dont get it. Its not important. I have my answers.

So when does the book come out?

broncosteven
05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
How did you feel when Montana threw his 1st KFC pass?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Troll

What exactly am I trolling for? An answer?

Fools

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:11 PM
How did you feel when Montana threw his 1st KFC pass?

Real good. Still do.

Wow.....what a tough question.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Seems to me you have a little jealousy envy thing going on with Elway. He piss in your face over those decades of dominating the AFC west?

By the way a name is a name. There's only ONE spelling for someone's name. Peyton doesn't have his Amex black card spelled Payton while his ID spelled Peyton.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 03:12 PM
What exactly am I trolling for? An answer?

Fools
Lets be real here Elway won us two SB's if Manning is better then that and wins us three how the **** do you think we will feel? Great question Hilarious!

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Well.....you have the highest post count next to mine in this thread. I guess you're leading by example?

Nope, those are bites alright. I wasnt looking for any. Just wanted an answer to the question.

Say it aint so. Its a trick. Lets go on red alert.

No you're not paranoid.

By what criteria is Peyton better than Elway?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Here's a question, who's ugly Ford POS is that in the photo?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:14 PM
Here's a question, who's ugly Ford POS is that in the photo?

Mine thanks.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:16 PM
By what criteria is Peyton better than Elway?

Every part of his game with the exception Elway was more mobile. But Manning is better in every other way. Especially intellect and leadership.

Miss I.
05-21-2012, 03:17 PM
Now I understand the reason you didnt answer the question. You dont get it. Its not important. I think I have my answers.

I did get it, I also got you were trolling and baiting people to get us to a specific answer. Because you don't like the responses you are getting, rather than contributing you resort to insults. It's a neat troll trick.

But for the fun of argument's sake, let's say I don't understand your question, why insult me? why not come back and politely say hey let me clarify the question in a non derogatory manner and facilitate the discussion. This makes you the better debator if I respond with anger or insults.

You know as well as anyone else, any communication is open to interpretation based on the experiences of the people reading/hearing it. In writing it's harder to discern tone then when you can read body language and voice signals. But it is what it is, you were and are trolling which is what Ro was pointing out.

If you weren't trolling, you would've just asked, hey how do you guys feel about having a possible GOAT? And do you think he has a chance to take spot with or even surpass Elway as greatest the Broncos ever had?

Chris
05-21-2012, 03:19 PM
Mine thanks.

Is that coat hemorrhoid red?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:20 PM
I did get it, I also got you were trolling and baiting people to get us to a specific answer. Because you don't like the responses you are getting, rather than contributing you resort to insults. It's a neat troll trick.

But for the fun of argument's sake, let's say I don't understand your question, why insult me? why not come back and politely say hey let me clarify the question in a non derogatory manner and facilitate the discussion. This makes you the better debator if I respond with anger or insults.

You know as well as anyone else, any communication is open to interpretation based on the experiences of the people reading/hearing it. In writing it's harder to discern tone then when you can read body language and voice signals. But it is what it is, you were and are trolling which is what Ro was pointing out.

If you weren't trolling, you would've just asked, hey how do you guys feel about having a possible GOAT? And do you think he has a chance to take spot with or even surpass Elway as greatest the Broncos ever had?

You're too smart for me. Sorry I didnt ask the question in a way you'd get it.

You still havent answered the question. But I assume its because you dont get it which is my fault.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:21 PM
Is that coat hemorrhoid red?

Maybe. Whats a coat hemorrhoid?

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 03:21 PM
obvious troll is obvious

spdirty
05-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Im comfortable because nobody can take anything away from Elways playing career. But Manning isn't retired yet so I dont like that comparison. My hope is when it's all said and done Manning has all the significant QB records and surpasses Elway in rings. I'm comfortable with Elways legacy. This is the start of a new great legacy Elway is building as an executive.

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 03:23 PM

You still havent answered the question. But I assume its because you dont get it which is my fault.

It was a question, true, but it was loaded. No one wants to play your game.

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Every part of his game with the exception Elway was more mobile. But Manning is better in every other way. Especially intellect and leadership.

Intellect and leadership? Ha! Okay. I see where you're coming from now: Fantasyland. I'm thinking the business degree from Stanford takes care of the intellect part, not to mention the part where he builds a business and sells it for $40 million bucks. As far as the leadership part goes, Elway took three subpar teams to the SB on his back. Ever see The Drive? The Helicopter? That's some weak **** you've got there.

gunns
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM

Are you looking for an answer that backs up your opinion, because that's what that question infers. If you are a stat person, Manning is the best. Unless of course you are referring to the post season. Then it's Elway all the way. And Manning played with the better players for most of his career. If you are a person who is a fan of football and believe stats NEVER tell the whole story, then it's Elway. Ah hell, no matter how you look at it, it's the multi talented Elway all the way.

milehighJC
05-21-2012, 03:24 PM

Ill probably get flamed for this, but I'll answer exactly how I will FEEL.

But before I answer, I say your base assertion is fundamentally flawed. History has not, and will not judge who is/was the best QB ever to throw a football in a Bronco uniform. You could make the argument that he is the best to throw a football in a Colts uniform, but you may even get debates on that. I will stand by the argument that Elway is the greatest ever to throw the rock in a Broncos uniform so far. But PM hasnt thrown the first ball, let alone proved himself as the best ever in the uniform YET. I hope he proves that... if he does, that means multiple rings, and a reign of dominance that would eclipse the back to back Super Bowls.

How would I feel if that happens? Grateful. Happy. Elated. Ecstatic. Mostly intoxicated, maybe even drunker than the win against Green Bay. Im sure Elway himself will feel just as good.

Im a Broncos fan. Period. I want the BRONCOS to win, with whoever at QB (or any other position) that can most help them win.

But the final judgement of who the best ever was for the Broncos will ONLY be know in the full light of history when PM's career is over, and he is sitting in the HOF with his boss. Cant wait to toast that day.

Hows that for an honest answer?

jc

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 03:25 PM

As a Chiefs fan, I hope you know your opinion is meaningless. Nobody cares.

Mogulseeker
05-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Manning needs to win another Super Bowl before he's considered better than Elway. That said, to answer your question... I would feel just fine if we won a Super Bowl with Manning.

Taco John
05-21-2012, 03:29 PM
John Elway's goal is to make Peyton Manning considered as the best quarterback to ever play the game.

Irish Stout
First off crazyhorse, when did you stop beating your wife?

Second, Peyton has already worn a Broncos jersey and thrown a ball and its very nice. However, he is far from the greatest to ever wear a Broncos jersey. So your question is about as stupid as you are slimy.

Third, great players like Peyton and Neil Smith know that the Broncos can offer them more for their long term goals than the ketchup and mustard. Does that make you sad? It sometimes garners sympathy for your franchise until dirt bags like you deliberately forget who is playing QB on your team, the legacy Pioli is building, and the entirety of your team's history (including the preceding season). Your trash talking leaves a lot to be desired when its primarily garbage. Go enjoy your Missouri swamp, scuzz bucket.

Miss I.

AND you still avoided clarifying it and resorted once again to patronizing me and insulting me since you aren't happy with the answers I did in fact give you.

LET ME SPELL IT OUT: IF Peyton surpasses John Elway by winning 2 or more superbowls I will be ecstatic because I love my team beyond any one player and winning superbowls is why they play this game. I am in fact ecstatic he is on the team, but I do not think he is greater than John Elway. I love having the guy on my team and can't wait to watch him this season. I hope he breaks all of John's records including Superbowl.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 03:30 PM
Maybe. Whats a coat hemorrhoid?

Coat is the paint on the car. A paint coat. Hemorroid red is the color. Looks like someone mixed in some burnt poo pearl for the stripe.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Are you looking for an answer that backs up your opinion, because that's what that question infers. If you are a stat person, Manning is the best. Unless of course you are referring to the post season. Then it's Elway all the way. And Manning played with the better players for most of his career. If you are a person who is a fan of football and believe stats NEVER tell the whole story, then it's Elway. Ah hell, no matter how you look at it, it's the multi talented Elway all the way.

No required response needed. I know there are those that think Elway is better. Then theres those that feel like I do. The thread really wasnt to get a required response, it was to see if Bronco fans would face the fact or not.

You see how they reacted.

BTW in Elways prime he choked away those SBs. It wasnt until TD that he won. If you dont think Manning could win with Ed, Rod, Shannon, and Davis, you're nuts. You see what happened to the great players for the Colts once Manning was gone.

SureShot
05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
How will you feel hen Payton Hillis throws his first pass for the Chefs?

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:38 PM
First off crazyhorse, when did you stop beating your wife?

Second, Peyton has already worn a Broncos jersey and thrown a ball and its very nice. However, he is far from the greatest to ever wear a Broncos jersey. So your question is about as stupid as you are slimy.

Third, great players like Peyton and Neil Smith know that the Broncos can offer them more for their long term goals than the ketchup and mustard. Does that make you sad? It sometimes garners sympathy for your franchise until dirt bags like you deliberately forget who is playing QB on your team, the legacy Pioli is building, and the entirety of your team's history (including the preceding season). Your trash talking leaves a lot to be desired when its primarily garbage. Go enjoy your Missouri swamp, scuzz bucket.

If I were talking smack, you'd go down quicker than a 2 dollar whore on nickel night. You're not supposed to be talking about my family. Dont make me break out the ban hammer on you son.

Now go play

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
How will you feel hen Payton Hillis throws his first pass for the Chefs?

Even toddlers can see you are a troll for mispelling Peyton. So Im told. I would be pleased if he did though

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 03:39 PM
No required response needed. I know there are those that think Elway is better. Then theres those that feel like I do. The thread really wasnt to get a required response, it was to see if Bronco fans would face the fact or not.

BTW in Elways prime he choked away those SBs. It wasnt until TD that he won. If you dont think Manning could win with Ed, Rod, Shannon, and Davis, you're nuts. You see what happened to the great players for the Colts once Manning was gone.

Never saw Elway choke. Not once. Wrong again, Garibaldi.

For an example of choking, I would use, for example, Dwayne Bowe muffing a crucial pass. Or even an un-crucial one. ;D

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 03:41 PM

How do underdogs choke? Obvious favorites choke. Those teams had no defenses and Sammy winder. Game over. How many super bowls have the chiefs choked on? Oops. You actually have to get there first.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:42 PM
How do underdogs choke? Obvious favorites choke. Those teams had no defenses and Sammy winder. Game over. How many super bowls have the chiefs choked on? Oops. You actually have to get there first.

55-10 thats how

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 03:44 PM
55-10 thats how

That wasn't a choke. Niners were stacked with HOFers. Do you even know what the term means? Don't relate it to what you do with your BF either. The term "choking" has to do with an overwhelming favorite losing to an underdog. Broncos were hardly favorites back then.

Rohirrim
05-21-2012, 03:47 PM
55-10 thats how

There's a difference between getting your ass kicked by one of the greatest teams of all time, and choking. Of course, in KC they probably couldn't begin to comprehend such subtleties. When you haven't been to a SB in 42 years, what's the difference between choking and getting your ass kicked?

It's a moot point. :puff:

Tombstone RJ
05-21-2012, 03:48 PM

It's a nice problem to have that's for sure.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:56 PM
That wasn't a choke. Niners were stacked with HOFers. Do you even know what the term means? Don't relate it to what you do with your BF either. The term "choking" has to do with an overwhelming favorite losing to an underdog. Broncos were hardly favorites back then.

That and Elway threw for like 50% in the post season. Hard to be favored.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 03:57 PM
It's a nice problem to have that's for sure.Why does it have to be a problem?

55CrushEm
05-21-2012, 04:00 PM

Ah, yes......the infamous argument that says the QB with the more SB rings is automatically better than the QB with fewer. Dumbest argument ever.

That being said.....I'm not saying Peyton is better than Elway. That's to be determined....by MORE THAN JUST THE SB VICTORY STAT.

Oh, and Dan Marino says "hi" to Trent Dilfer.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Ah, yes......the infamous argument that says the QB with the more SB rings is automatically better than the QB with fewer. Dumbest argument ever.

That being said.....I'm not saying Peyton is better than Elway. That's to be determined....by MORE THAN JUST THE SB VICTORY STAT.

Oh, and Dan Marino says "hi" to Trent Dilfer.

That is the dumbest arguement ever. I dont even argue it anymore. The people that use it are too far gone to help.

milehighJC
05-21-2012, 04:11 PM
Crazy,
You opened this with a question. Many here decided it was a baited troll question. I (and a few others) gave you the benefit of the doubt, and answered directly. If your question was genuine, It actually was an interesting one (to me anyway).

I've not seen you respond to any of those answers, and it makes me wonder why.

You dont have to look too far to the left to know that I dont post a lot here. I despise most of the bickering and insults that go on here, so usually I just try to sift through the BS and find the interesting points of view, and engage in a conversation or two. I do read a lot however - which brings me to a point. I remember a while back that you were fighting through some medical issues. I distinctly remember this community reaching out to you, many in the most positive way imaginable.

I enjoy a good conversation with fans of opposing teams. When kept reasonable, they are the MOST interesting of conversations - we dont necessarily share the same point of view, and some good give and take is
what makes it fun... even a little good natured trash talk. But for whatever reason, it seems like you have chosen to ignore those who DID answer your question, and bait the others.

Why? Do you want to talk about it, or do you just want to get into an argument? Im ok either way, but if its the latter, I wont bother to check this thread again.

jc

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 04:13 PM
That is the dumbest arguement ever. I dont even argue it anymore. The people that use it are too far gone to help.

When comparing 2 QBs with similar regular season success and are both HOFers you have to include Super Bowl rings.

Tombstone RJ
05-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Why does it have to be a problem?

You make it sound like there's a problem...

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 04:26 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! How can we ever deal with a HOF QB leading our team!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Peyton don't take us to the SB! How can we ever recover from someone other then John Elway winning us championships!!!!!! Wait front office people get rings too so..........

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 04:30 PM
Can we please just ignore the troll now? He just wants attention.

crazyhorse
05-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Crazy,
You opened this with a question. Many here decided it was a baited troll question. I (and a few others) gave you the benefit of the doubt, and answered directly. If your question was genuine, It actually was an interesting one (to me anyway).

I've not seen you respond to any of those answers, and it makes me wonder why.

You dont have to look too far to the left to know that I dont post a lot here. I despise most of the bickering and insults that go on here, so usually I just try to sift through the BS and find the interesting points of view, and engage in a conversation or two. I do read a lot however - which brings me to a point. I remember a while back that you were fighting through some medical issues. I distinctly remember this community reaching out to you, many in the most positive way imaginable.

I enjoy a good conversation with fans of opposing teams. When kept reasonable, they are the MOST interesting of conversations - we dont necessarily share the same point of view, and some good give and take is
what makes it fun... even a little good natured trash talk. But for whatever reason, it seems like you have chosen to ignore those who DID answer your question, and bait the others.

Why? Do you want to talk about it, or do you just want to get into an argument? Im ok either way, but if its the latter, I wont bother to check this thread again.

jc

Not sure what you mean. I have tried to respond. I have outlined my opinion on the subject. What in the way of a response are you looking for?

There is no wrong answer. Some have one opnion, others have another. I was talking with a buddy of mine and this topic came up. Thought I would post it to see what you guys thought.

You know, you and everyone else seems to like to throw my illness up every time I post something. I try not to post about it because I dont want people taking it easy on me or treating me different than they would others. Yes some did reach out to me. I dont remember you directly being one of them. Its one of the primary reasons I keep trying to come in here and have reasonable converstaions. I must say....its a work in progress.

But for the sake of keeping things in perspective, please dont try to use my illness against me. I deal with it enough on a day to day basis on my own. I dont need to justify whether Im sick enough to you, or whether I have been treated better that I treat others. I have kissed mountains of ass in this very thread just to try to get through it. If you crack on me, I will on you. But otherwise I treat all posters with the respect and consideration they show me, and at times more so.

If you do a lot of reading, you know this.

Its funny how none of the people who actually did reach out to me throw it in my face. There was one, a long time ago. But for the most part, the people who are trying to get all the mileage out of it, never had a damn thing to say back then.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 04:41 PM
If it means anything to you crazy I never knew you were sick, and now that I do I won't treat you any different. I'll still throw a little orange and blue sand in your face.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-21-2012, 06:13 PM
55-10 thats how

How is that elway "choking." That SF team was vastly better than us.

DENVERDUI55
05-21-2012, 06:29 PM

I'd say Elway was better in the clutch and coming back late.

DENVERDUI55
05-21-2012, 06:33 PM
55-10 thats how

When you are a huge dog and not supposed to win that isn't choking. Colts choking against NO is more of a choke. You have more ammo on Manning for choking.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 06:45 PM

Since when is Manning or Elway better than Montana again? Doesn't Montana have more rings than both Elway and Manning combined?

Gort
05-21-2012, 06:49 PM
derp derp derp

http://rantchick.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/trolls.jpg

delany
05-21-2012, 06:53 PM
If the OPs assertion becomes truth....it would mean that Elway would be the best GM the Broncos have ever had.

Requiem
05-21-2012, 06:54 PM
Trolls suck.

Arkie
05-21-2012, 06:57 PM
That and Elway threw for like 50% in the post season. Hard to be favored.

More importantly, Elway was 14-7 in the playoffs (1-0 vs the Chiefs)

gunns
05-21-2012, 07:02 PM

That was my point. It's not a fact, it's your opinion.

As far as choking and you use 55-10 as your example, it's generally the defense that gives up those 55 pts and considering the fact the 49ers defense didn't make a TD, I'd say that's the case.

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2012, 07:08 PM

Sadly for you this is a failed question as he hasn't accomplished anything in a Broncos uniform. Every QB who has played for Denver has accomplished more for the franchise than he has so far. Also until he has a second ring he'll remain in the number 2 position in Denver's QB rankings. And after a Second ring he is only tied with Elway. He needs 2 more rings to be the best

broncswin
05-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Since when is Manning or Elway better than Montana again? Doesn't Montana have more rings than both Elway and Manning combined?

Too bad you guys missed out on those ehh :wave:

Arkie
05-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Why do the Chiefs care if Montana has 4 rings with another team? I don't care about Manning's past accomplishments. It only matters if his success at this later stage is more like Elway than Montana.

broncosteven
05-21-2012, 08:12 PM
I don't think the thing Crazy is worried about is if we think PM will be the best Broncos QB ever, I think he is worried he could win us another couple SB's while KFC is still trying to find a qb to replace Len Dawson.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't think the thing Crazy is worried about is if we think PM will be the best Broncos QB ever, I think he is worried he could win us another couple SB's while KFC is still trying to find a qb to replace Len Dawson.

I doubt Brokeback Mt is going to the SB with Manning. You aren't beating NE or BAL.

And you're overlooking HOU who could very well sneak into the SB.

Powderaddict
05-21-2012, 08:40 PM
I doubt Brokeback Mt is going to the SB with Manning. You aren't beating NE or BAL.

You're missing the point.

The OP said Manning would be better than Elway. That would mean he would have to win at least 2 superbowls as a Bronco.

Montana is one of the best ever, but not as a chief. As a 49er. He didn't accomplish squat as a chief.

Rolandftw
05-21-2012, 08:47 PM
Teams cans surprisingly have more then one great QB throughout their history. It's going to be exciting to watch, whether he 'passes' Elway is a good debate at work by the water cooler, but that's about it.

Whether on not he wins another championship is up in the air. Dunno why people are sure he can't win one. Sure as hell has a lot better chance of doing it for Denver then Cassel does in KC.

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 08:52 PM

The OP said Manning would be better than Elway. That would mean he would have to win at least 2 superbowls as a Bronco.

Montana is one of the best ever, but not as a chief. As a 49er. He didn't accomplish squat as a chief.

No one associates Montana's greatness with the Queefs. Hilarious!

KCStud
05-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Manning won't be better than Elway.

Elway had a ton of help on his SB winning teams compared to what Manning has today.

Shananahan
05-21-2012, 08:58 PM
No one associates Montana's greatness with the Queefs. Hilarious!
I'd completely forgot he even played for them.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 09:02 PM

How? Without him KCs playoff record in the 90s would be horrible. Oh wait.

broncosteven
05-21-2012, 09:07 PM

I like how you didn't even bother mentioning KFC.

I doubt we win a SB in 2012 also. I think the 2nd and 3 seasons are very possible if Manning has no neck related setbacks.

Meanwhile KFC will likely be looking for a replacement for Cassell and taking yet another DT in the top 12 in the draft.

Jason in LA
05-21-2012, 09:08 PM
Something was telling me not to click on this thread.

So Crazyhorse starts thread to troll, than plays dumb like he's not trolling. This is awesome.

broncosteven
05-21-2012, 09:10 PM

How can one forget that KFC kept going through the 49er's garbage looking for a QB?

Montana,
Bono,
Grbac.

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 09:15 PM

Understandable. The Chiefs have been completely pointless as a franchise since... what, Jan. 11, 1970? That's 42 years of obscurity. No wonder they're on the O-Mane trolling, they have nothing else to talk about.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 09:15 PM

I doubt we win a SB in 2012 also. I think the 2nd and 3 seasons are very possible if Manning has no neck related setbacks.

Meanwhile KFC will likely be looking for a replacement for Cassell and taking yet another DT in the top 12 in the draft.

Keep in mind stud also claimed Croyle was better then Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. He might not be that great at judging talent.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Keep in mind stud also claimed Croyle was better then Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco. He might not be that great at judging talent.

And this board thought Moreno and Moss would be good players. Oh wait

KCStud
05-21-2012, 09:27 PM

Nobody in the AFC West can beat those two teams.

DBroncos4life
05-21-2012, 09:37 PM
And this board thought Moreno and Moss would be good players. Oh wait

More then a few hated both those picks. Moreno outside of last year when he got hurt has been solid. Croyle has yet to win a ****ing game dude.

Ps in 5 games vs KC Moreno has 84 carries, 455 yards, 5 TDs. That's darn near 5.5 yards per carry. Hilarious!

KCStud
05-21-2012, 09:44 PM
More then a few hated both those picks. Moreno outside of last year when he got hurt has been solid. Croyle has yet to win a ****ing game dude.

Ps in 5 games vs KC Moreno has 84 carries, 455 yards, 5 TDs. That's darn near 5.5 yards per carry. Hilarious!

Moreno is a walking injury who had his only decent games against KC. Congrats to him.

Meanwhile Croyle is a rich man going home to this....

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Kelly%20Croyle.jpg

broncosteven
05-21-2012, 09:55 PM
Moreno is a walking injury who had his only decent games against KC. Congrats to him.

Meanwhile Croyle is a rich man going home to this....

http://cdn.faniq.com/images/blog/Kelly%20Croyle.jpg

Moreno will likely end up being signed by KFC once Denver cuts him just like Q.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
Moreno will likely end up being signed by KFC once Denver cuts him just like Q.

Good we'll need someone to hold JC's waterbottle Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 10:02 PM
KC was last relavent in the 60s. Their little shut out burp they had against the Ravens in the wilcard was a joke.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 10:03 PM
KC was last relavent in the 60s. Their little shut out burp they had against the Ravens in the wilcard was a joke.

KC was relevant in the 90's and in the early 2000's.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 10:05 PM

They went to the Super Bowl in those decades?

KCStud
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
They went to the Super Bowl in those decades?

Who cares if they went to the SB? We didn't win the SB when we went to the playoffs in the 90's and we're failures according to you.
So I guess the Broncos were failures pre-97 in your opinion because they came home with nothing too huh?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM
Who cares if they went to the SB? We didn't win the SB when we went to the playoffs in the 90's and we're failures according to you.
So I guess the Broncos were failures pre-97 in your opinion because they came home with nothing too huh?

No. The broncos went to the super bowl pre 97. A few times. In fact they've been there six times. If the highlight and goal for chiefs fans is a wildcard game then that's fine. Afc west division champion Tshirts probly sell out pretty fast.

bowtown
05-21-2012, 10:12 PM

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/20455866.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 10:18 PM
One Super Bowl. So all those years they went to the playoffs, like in the 90s and early 2000s like you said, they just fold up like a plastic lawn chair?

Houshyamama
05-21-2012, 10:18 PM

Your definition of relevant is laughable.

Requiem
05-21-2012, 10:22 PM
Kansas ****ty was easily the worst metro area I have ever visited. When Worlds of Fun was closed when I got there, I about burned the city Down.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Kansas ****ty was easily the worst metro area I have ever visited. When Worlds of Fun was closed when I got there, I about burned the city Down.

Clearly you've never been to Oklahoma City.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Clearly you've never been to Oklahoma City.

I just clump all those cities together into one big stereotype of humid butt sweat.

Heyneck
05-21-2012, 10:33 PM

How do you feel about that every time that Peyton takes a dump, that turd has more talent than any QB in your sorry ass franchise history?

BroncoMan4ever
05-21-2012, 10:35 PM

As a stepping stone for teams that won important games.

Jason in LA
05-21-2012, 10:42 PM
it was to see if Bronco fans would face the fact or not.

Never present an opinion as a fact. That's the easiest way to look like a moron in a debate.

I'm going to have to put together a rule book.

KCStud
05-21-2012, 10:59 PM
As a stepping stone for teams that won important games.

As were the Broncos pre 97

SoCalBronco
05-22-2012, 12:15 AM

Not really. We are not all homers here...at least not most of us. There is reason both to be wary of this and there is also reason for great excitement as well. Personally, I'd rather have Jay back, since he's like 8 years younger and in his prime, but even a 36 year old Manning brings much promise.

As with any starting Broncos QB, I hope he is successful when he's in there in the game. It will be weird to see at first, but also exciting at the same tme, considering what he's capable of when he's fully healthy. Hopefully he has no health problems and develops a good chemistry with our WRs and restocked TEs. It will be fun, I'm sure, especially if he is on his game. Reports from OTAs so far are positive so that's good.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 12:28 AM

I will give KC some credit.

My uncle lives in Overland Park, which is pretty nice. But it's waaaaaay suburban. Reminds me of Highlands Ranch or Castle Rock, actually.

But I'm not doubting that it's a decent place to raise a family.

However, KC (Overland Park especially) is a cultureless wasteland. The BBQ is good, but hardly makes up for the lack of anything to do, in my opinion.

No skiing. No decent golf courses. Average restaurants. No real recreation scene to speak of (had to search to find an ice rink with pickup hockey)... their theater scene (performing arts) is pathetic compared to Denver's and their local music and art scene is even worse.

I was driving back from Boston to Denver when the Nuggets were in the Western Conference finals against the Lakers. I stopped by a KC bar to watch the game. The bar closed before the game was over, and I spent the next 30 minutes or so looking for a bar that was still open.

The whole town of KC essentially shuts down at 10pm.

I know some people from Belton, and their life's goal is to leave KC for Colorado.

I turned down a great job in HMO Finance because it was in KC. I'm willing to make 75 percent what I could be making and stay in Colorado.

SoCalBronco
05-22-2012, 12:32 AM
I turned down a great job in HMO Finance because it was in KC. I'm willing to make 75 percent what I could be making and stay in Colorado.

Go Nathan...and Go Broncos.

You made the right choice, IMO. If you lived in Kansas City, your cock would block itself. I'm sure the "talent" there is trash. ;D

http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/redneck_1.jpg

BroncoMan4ever
05-22-2012, 12:47 AM

not really, considering in the previous 14 seasons Denver went to the big game 3 times. KC hasn't been there since the 60s.

Bacchus
05-22-2012, 02:36 AM

I feel thrilled that Manning is with the Broncos. Denver now has the best QBs ever to play for them. Is Manning #1? I'll let you know in 3 years.

delany
05-22-2012, 06:34 AM
KCs airport sucks!!!!!

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 10:09 AM
not really, considering in the previous 14 seasons Denver went to the big game 3 times. KC hasn't been there since the 60s.

How 'bout this: from 1977 to 2005, the Broncos had exactly 4 losing seasons, the best overall record in the NFL, tied with the Steelers for the most Super Bowl appearances (6), and tied for fifth most Super Bowl championships (behind Steelers, Pats, 49ers and Cowboys).

How is that irrelevant?

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 10:13 AM
KC has great hot dogs.... but that's hardly a qualifier for a wold-class city.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Not sure what you mean. I have tried to respond. I have outlined my opinion on the subject. What in the way of a response are you looking for?

There is no wrong answer. Some have one opnion, others have another. I was talking with a buddy of mine and this topic came up. Thought I would post it to see what you guys thought.

You know, you and everyone else seems to like to throw my illness up every time I post something. I try not to post about it because I dont want people taking it easy on me or treating me different than they would others. Yes some did reach out to me. I dont remember you directly being one of them. Its one of the primary reasons I keep trying to come in here and have reasonable converstaions. I must say....its a work in progress.

But for the sake of keeping things in perspective, please dont try to use my illness against me. I deal with it enough on a day to day basis on my own. I dont need to justify whether Im sick enough to you, or whether I have been treated better that I treat others. I have kissed mountains of ass in this very thread just to try to get through it. If you crack on me, I will on you. But otherwise I treat all posters with the respect and consideration they show me, and at times more so.

If you do a lot of reading, you know this.

Its funny how none of the people who actually did reach out to me throw it in my face. There was one, a long time ago. But for the most part, the people who are trying to get all the mileage out of it, never had a damn thing to say back then.

Cry me a river. Your OP was done in a douche-bag manner and you have been treated as such. You don't respond to the intelligent and valid posts; just the ones that add sand to your crack.

broncocalijohn
05-22-2012, 10:57 AM
No. The broncos went to the super bowl pre 97. A few times. In fact they've been there six times. If the highlight and goal for chiefs fans is a wildcard game then that's fine. Afc west division champion Tshirts probly sell out pretty fast.

LOL! Difference is those shirts become collectors items and sell out quickly. Broncos fans look at those type of shirts and expect them to be on the clearance rack a week or two later when we achieve the next step. I never buy those first round or even AFC Championship shirts until it is all said and done (or on the clearance rack). Chiefs were relevant in the 90s and early 2000s? Sure and they won 1 playoff game during that time.

Irish Stout
05-22-2012, 11:00 AM
No decent golf courses.

Unfortunately, you are wrong on this one point. The KC Metro area has a lot of fantastic courses at a fraction of the price for what a lot of the front range courses cost. The biggest thing is that you can play a lot of great courses there with minimal development around them. Here, if you want to play a course that doesn't have houses lining every other hole you are likely paying $80-90/round. For under $50/round you can play great courses like Falcon Ridge, Adam's Pointe, Sycamore Ridge and Stone Canyon.

Also, the climate in the midwest helps to keep the golf courses in better shape and greener throughout the year.

Meck77
05-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Crazy the question is not how will we feel at the beginning of the season. It's how will you feel at the end of your pathetic season?

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:33 AM
Unfortunately, you are wrong on this one point. The KC Metro area has a lot of fantastic courses at a fraction of the price for what a lot of the front range courses cost. The biggest thing is that you can play a lot of great courses there with minimal development around them. Here, if you want to play a course that doesn't have houses lining every other hole you are likely paying $80-90/round. For under $50/round you can play great courses like Falcon Ridge, Adam's Pointe, Sycamore Ridge and Stone Canyon.

Also, the climate in the midwest helps to keep the golf courses in better shape and greener throughout the year.

This. There is some great golf in KC when it's not winter. They even have great BBQ at many of the courses. It's not a bad city at all. The people are generally good 'ole hard working midwestern folk, friendly and such but their sports suck. There is no arguing that.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-22-2012, 11:33 AM

You do know there's a difference between "being the best QB to throw a football in a Bronco uniform" and "the best Bronco ever," right?

I doubt that you do.

You're just mad that Manning wouldn't even SNIFF that ****hole in Kansas City.

DENVERDUI55
05-22-2012, 11:41 AM

So were the patriots hell there was even a team from Missouri that won a Superbowl. Your logic is comical.

mwill07
05-22-2012, 11:50 AM
I'm not ready to concede that Manning > Elway, but I'm very excited that two of the greatest QB's of all time are Denver Broncos.

How do you feel about KC not winning a playoff game with their own QB since 1970?

Complete list of Chiefs QB's to win a playoff game:

Joe Montana (1993): We all know Montana is a 49er. His KC stint was an afterthought to a brilliant career.
Steve DeBerg (1991): played on so many teams, not sure any team can claim him.
Len Dawson (1970): originally a Pittsburgh Steeler, but I suppose we can consider him a Chief since he didn't do anything of note in Pittsburgh.

I guess when you've only won a handful of playoff games all time, it's bound to be a pretty short list.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:52 AM
I just clump all those cities together into one big stereotype of humid butt sweat.

:strong::strong:Hilarious!Hilarious! I couldn't have said it any funnier myself.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:54 AM
How do you feel about that every time that Peyton takes a dump, that turd has more talent than any QB in your sorry ass franchise history?

Other than Montana, this is some hilarious rhetoric that I will add to my book of **** talking, forever. Well done sir.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Never present an opinion as a fact. That's the easiest way to look like a moron in a debate.

I'm going to have to put together a rule book.

I don't think Crazy is Crazy enough to come back to this thread any time soon. However buffoons and morons do tend to repeat themselves. Over and over..... Well said sir.

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 12:17 PM
KC's not that bad of a city. Downtown is nice, and the suburbs suck, at least as far as culture and uniqueness.. pretty much like any city of that size.

Denver's bigger and there's more things to do, just like Chicago, NYC are bigger then Denver and there are even more things to do there

lolcopter
05-22-2012, 12:19 PM
But Denver has superior weather/climate

People are assholes and can't drive for **** though, so maybe it's a wash

Meck77
05-22-2012, 12:23 PM
KC's not that bad of a city.

Considering homes are selling for less than $5,000 I'd beg to differ.

I'm shocked at how cheap property is there. I might wait til the homes hit $2,500 and rend some back to chorf fans. Hilarious!

This one link speaks for itself. People do not want to live in KC. Median home price in Denver is still 200k range.

http://www.trulia.com/MO/Kansas_City/#for_sale/Kansas_City,MO/price;a_sort

This one link speaks for itself. People do not want to live in KC. Median home price in Denver is still 200k range and trending up again. ^5

http://www.trulia.com/real_estate/Denver-Colorado/market-trends/

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:33 PM
But Denver has superior weather/climate

People are a-holes and can't drive for **** though, so maybe it's a wash

I think the people in Denver are pretty cool. All of my friends that visit from both coasts say that this is the friendliest place they have ever been. "It's a big little town." is the analogy I hear frequently. I will not argue with you on the drivers here though. It's pathetic. To our defense, I think it has a lot to do with the piss poor transportation planning of the city in general. There is nothing logical about how our major through-fares have been conceived or how the plans for the future might actually improve them. I live in east-central Denver near the zoo and getting to the tech center is a nightmare. I really think we need an elevated highway right down Colorado Blvd, Texas style.

lolcopter
05-22-2012, 12:37 PM
Yeah don't even he me started about Colorado blvd...

And the people are nice enough, it's just a lot of locals and transients alike have this heir of superiority which quite frankly is completely unfounded

hambone13
05-22-2012, 12:44 PM
Yeah don't even he me started about Colorado blvd...

And the people are nice enough, it's just a lot of locals and transients alike have this heir of superiority which quite frankly is completely unfounded

That seems to be a gross generalization. On a whole, if you want to find a city of jackasses head to NY or LA. I think the majority of the folks here are pretty friendly, active dynamic people from every where and that pisses the locals off because it creates competition for work, etc. In general, it's a pretty cool melting pot of people, IMO.

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 12:47 PM
Obviously, there's more demand living in Denver. So, not too surprised to see housing go for more in Colorado then in Kansas City. Weather is better in Denver, although smog is starting to become a problem imo. And it is bigger, so more demand for property obviously.

Don't think too many people want to live and buy $5,000 houses in KC, unless there plan is to fix them up and make 2-3 times what they put into it/or unless they have no choice. Even still, neighborhoods for a $5,000 house are probably not very good.

Don't think that the norm, although they are certainly there as you can make major, major coin if you want to work your ass off.

Meck77
05-22-2012, 12:57 PM
Don't think that the norm, although they are certainly there as you can make major, major coin if you want to work your ass off.

It's all relative. Major coin to be made in most major metro areas buying foreclosures. My point was that it's so bad in KC that you can buy a house for less than an old Ford 150.

Heck AK1971 spends more on midgets in a night than what the American dream costs in Kansas City.

gunns
05-22-2012, 01:06 PM

Or at least get the team there. Elway's greatest accomplishments were those 3 SB's he carried the team to.

lolcopter
05-22-2012, 01:15 PM
That seems to be a gross generalization. On a whole, if you want to find a city of jackasses head to NY or LA. I think the majority of the folks here are pretty friendly, active dynamic people from every where and that pisses the locals off because it creates competition for work, etc. In general, it's a pretty cool melting pot of people, IMO.

True, good points all around

broncosteven
05-22-2012, 01:18 PM
KC has great hot dogs.... but that's hardly a qualifier for a wold-class city.

Chicago's are 100 times better. There is nothing on Earth like a good Chicago hot dog. Had one on Saturday with fresh cut fries.

broncosteven
05-22-2012, 01:20 PM

WC and Divisonal failures do not make you relavant. They won a lot of games off cheap Returns by Vannover and Dainty but their glaring lack of talent showed in the playoffs.

capt. Jack
05-22-2012, 01:26 PM
He better do more than throw a stinkin' pass to be compared to good ole' #7 !!!! I take Elway over anybody, anyday period!

hambone13
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Chicago's are 100 times better. There is nothing on Earth like a good Chicago hot dog. Had one on Saturday with fresh cut fries.

This x Infinity. Chicago has the best dogs ever. The best thing about Chi-Town is the chow. It's a great place to visit but you don't wanna live there forever. That's why there's so many of us here.

broncosteven
05-22-2012, 02:01 PM
This x Infinity. Chicago has the best dogs ever. The best thing about Chi-Town is the chow. It's a great place to visit but you don't wanna live there forever. That's why there's so many of us here.

I love having a World Class orchestra, museums, buildings, 2 Baseball teams, Hockey, the Lake and the food. I would some day love to go back to Denver but I would miss Chicago a lot.

hambone13
05-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I love having a World Class orchestra, museums, buildings, 2 Baseball teams, Hockey, the Lake and the food. I would some day love to go back to Denver but I would miss Chicago a lot.

I have family all over the place out there; Des Plains, Crystal Lake, Evanston, Chicago proper (north/south) but the winters are brutally cold and the summers are wicked hot and humid. The only thing we lack here is the water and even that is suspect to swim in. This is a complete sports town, 1 baseball team light and the food here is also pretty damn good. I'll do orchestra on my ipod and ours doesn't suck either.

Houshyamama
05-22-2012, 03:17 PM

More like 1.5

Jetmeck
05-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Or at least get the team there. Elway's greatest accomplishments were those 3 SB's he carried the team to.

But wait the KcDUD SAID WE weren't nothing before 97..............

milehighJC
05-22-2012, 05:10 PM

Even a Chicago Dog at the Airport is worth seeking out. Excellent. I used to connect through Ohare every week - for almost 4 years. Used to make a point of walking out to the end of the G concourse to get a dog anytime I had enough time. Once the person in front of me had the nerve to ask for catsup. I thought the guy working behind the counter was going to come over the counter and b*tch slap him. The peppers... making my mouth water just thinking about it.

Stayed on the south side once for a business meeting - stopped at Giordano's to pick up a measly 10" stuffed crust pizza. It cost me $18, and felt like it weighed 3 or 4 lbs. I could have lived for 3 days off of it.

Having said that, I got to HATE Ohare. One constant epic CF, especially on Thursday nights. Weather always seemed to get me.

Meck77
05-22-2012, 06:56 PM
If we all pitch in about 5 bucks we could buy a house in downtown KC and paint the mother ****er Broncos orange and raise a big ass Orangemane.com flag!

On the garage. Chiefs Suck!

Geez if we each put in 10 bucks we could probably buy a couple of them and rent them back to chief fans. Hilarious!

I'd start the idea off with $1,000. I'm serious. There are houses there for a couple thousand bucks. We'd have some maintenance costs though from all the eggs that hit it though. They might even burn the bastard down but that is what insurance is for.

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 06:57 PM
It's all relative. Major coin to be made in most major metro areas buying foreclosures. My point was that it's so bad in KC that you can buy a house for less than an old Ford 150.

Heck AK1971 spends more on midgets in a night than what the American dream costs in Kansas City.

Yeah, but working foreclosure's is a bit more slimy, and not nearly as much work to do with it. Sure people could get more bank with it tho

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2012, 07:08 PM
If we all pitch in about 5 bucks we could buy a house in downtown KC and paint the mother ****er Broncos orange and raise a big ass Orangemane.com flag!

On the garage. Chiefs Suck!

Geez if we each put in 10 bucks we could probably buy a couple of them and rent them back to chief fans. Hilarious!

I'd start the idea off with $1,000. I'm serious. There are houses there for a couple thousand bucks. We'd have some maintenance costs though from all the eggs that hit it though. They might even burn the bastard down but that is what insurance is for.

If it's a house close to camarohead then it might just be worth it.

Meck77
05-22-2012, 07:19 PM
If it's a house close to camarohead then it might just be worth it.

Yeah....I'm thinking main drag. Those often have less appeal because of traffic. Even cheaper!

Heck TJ if they burn it down (likely) it could actually have a good rate of return. Replacement cost on these houses is much higher than market value!

ak1971
05-22-2012, 07:28 PM
KC's not that bad of a city. Downtown is nice, and the suburbs suck, at least as far as culture and uniqueness.. pretty much like any city of that size.

Denver's bigger and there's more things to do, just like Chicago, NYC are bigger then Denver and there are even more things to do there

KC is a ****hole. Although if you were a good heart surgeon, you have plenty of work doing multiple bypasses on the fat asses out there.

KC culture = BBQ and Meth

Tombstone RJ
05-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Yeah....I'm thinking main drag. Those often have less appeal because of traffic. Even cheaper!

Heck TJ if they burn it down (likely) it could actually have a good rate of return. Replacement cost on these houses is much higher than market value!

Hilarious!

Rolandftw
05-22-2012, 08:30 PM
KC is a ****hole. Although if you were a good heart surgeon, you have plenty of work doing multiple bypasses on the fat asses out there.

That was very insightful, intelligent post...

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 08:47 PM

Possibly why they need HMO financial managers.

DivineLegion
05-22-2012, 09:54 PM
Apparently the OP is unaware of argumentative fallacies, otherwise he would have realized that his post is built off of the premise of a hasty generalization. You know what they say about those who use fallacies, they're phallics.

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 09:57 PM
Apparently the OP is unaware of argumentative fallacies, otherwise he would have realized that his post is built off of the premise of a hasty generalization. You know what they say about those who use fallacies, their phallics.

*They're

scorpio
05-22-2012, 10:00 PM
This is still a thing?

DivineLegion
05-22-2012, 10:01 PM
*They're

Thanks

Mogulseeker
05-22-2012, 10:27 PM
Thanks

Lol, I'm an ass....

DivineLegion
05-22-2012, 10:35 PM
Lol, I'm an ass....

Better you.

I thought it was funny.

razorwire77
05-22-2012, 10:56 PM

This gem is on the other of I-435 from Camarohead. A little orange paint and some Spackle, and it could shine.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/4218-Cypress-Ave_Kansas-City_MO_64130_M71484-11912?source=web

Yours for the low low price of $4995.

This one's a little farther north.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/6225-E-14th-St_Kansas-City_MO_64126_M87105-97775?source=web

$4,400 and I'm told they won't take a penny under $3950.

Last but not least, the house that is leaning slightly to the right.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/5004-Olive-St_Kansas-City_MO_64130_M77299-52019?source=web

Recent price drop to $3900.

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Irish Stout
05-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm in for chipping in on the house and I'll go out and help paint it.

Meck77
05-23-2012, 12:03 AM
Let's recruit these gals also. I'm thinking 50 foot Broncos flag pole out front.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/v6VTAbZGs4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncocalijohn
05-23-2012, 12:19 AM

If they are forced to live in KC and buying a home because they are stuck there for the long haul, they are probably experiencing the American Nightmare not the American Dream.

SPORTSWRITER
05-23-2012, 04:19 AM

Got no problem with that. More power to him!! Far as I know they don't rank hall of famers, so both Elway, who's already there and Manning who will be one day are both great QB's!

Hoss, I love that Mustang in your avatar!! Is she yours? I once had a '78, and wish I had kept it!