PDA

View Full Version : Chris Kuper on Road to Recovery

Bronco Rob
05-19-2012, 10:56 AM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Kuper-on-Road-to-Recovery/1d13b607-0a49-4b69-8c26-f3038152a479

:thumbs:

BroncoMan4ever
05-19-2012, 11:27 AM
Best linemen on the team, one of if not the best RG in football, one if the most underrated players in football.

Hope the recovery continues on pace, because he is needed badly

SoCalBronco
05-19-2012, 12:46 PM
Very good to hear. I'm a huge fan of Kuper...not in a Khan way ofcourse, but I still really admire him. He's a great Bronco and he deserves to be a Pro Bowler this year.

broncosteven
05-19-2012, 02:32 PM
Very good to hear. I'm a huge fan of Kuper...not in a Khan way ofcourse, but I still really admire him. He's a great Bronco and he deserves to be a Pro Bowler this year.

Mancrushes are perfectly OK.

Kaylore
05-19-2012, 02:35 PM

If you had to choose between cuddling with Jay Cutler or DJ Williams, which would you choose? You can only choose one. If you try to choose more than one, you have to spoon with Eddie Kennison.

SoCalBronco
05-19-2012, 02:39 PM
If you had to choose between cuddling with Jay Cutler or DJ Williams, which would you choose? You can only choose one. If you try to choose more than one, you have to spoon with Eddie Kennison.

LOL...I walked into that one.

Man-Goblin
11-19-2013, 08:39 PM
9 days ago I injured my right ankle with "I think" similar seriousness to Chris' injury less than two years ago, dislocation, ligaments torn, all the bones were splintered. fibula broken, etc. Of course, I was just doing yard work, so my story sucks. Lol

But anyway, the swelling finally went down enough to where I could have the surgery today. I know my road to recovery will be long, but stories like the link in the first honestly make me feel better and inspired.

So, fellow Maners, I have a request please. Does anyone else have any more positive stories about Chris' recovery or the first surgery itself? I only ask about the surgery because mine required (I think they told me) 1 plate and 3 screws to fix. You guys would totally be helping out a guy bound to the couch for at least the next 2 months. Thanks!

Oh and props to Kuper. Coming all the way back to play football after something like is truly an incredible accomplishment!

tesnyde
11-19-2013, 08:42 PM
9 days ago I injured my right ankle with "I think" similar seriousness to Chris' injury less than two years ago, dislocation, ligaments torn, all the bones were splintered. fibula broken, etc. Of course, I was just doing yard work, so my story sucks. Lol

But anyway, the swelling finally went down enough to where I could have the surgery today. I know my road to recovery will be long, but stories like the link in the first honestly make me feel better and inspired.

So, fellow Maners, I have a request please. Does anyone else have any more positive stories about Chris' recovery or the first surgery itself? I only ask about the surgery because mine required (I think they told me) 1 plate and 3 screws to fix. You guys would totally be helping out a guy bound to the couch for at least the next 2 months. Thanks!

Oh and props to Kuper. Coming all the way back to play football after something like is truly an incredible accomplishment!

Oh, man. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear it. I have to ask though, how the hell did you do it?

McDman
11-19-2013, 08:48 PM
Best linemen on the team, one of if not the best RG in football, one if the most underrated players in football.

Hope the recovery continues on pace, because he is needed badly

I love what he did here but he is done. He got worked last year and he can't stay healthy.

pricejj
11-19-2013, 08:53 PM

Always stay positive. You can rent a leg rest for the wheelchair from a medical supply store. They also have rolling carts that you can rest your knee on (while your foot is in a boot) when you are allowed to do that. Once you are allowed to do physical therapy on it, do it like a champion, to the best of your ability.

You will be able to get back to normal activities soon enough, so don't worry. Just heal it up good. :sunshine:

theAPAOps5
11-19-2013, 08:54 PM
Holy ****ing **** do I hate old ass thread bumps. But double holy **** I hope your ankle is on the proper mend and if I were you my neighbors would have been calling me bitch boy who screams louder than his daughter! Ouch!

Man-Goblin
11-19-2013, 09:00 PM
Oh, man. I hope you have a speedy recovery. Sorry to hear it. I have to ask though, how the hell did you do it?

I was blowing leaves on a hill and my left leg slipped. My right foot stuck and I fell right on top of it and slid down the hill. By the time I hit the bottom of the hill, uhhh, yeah. I'll leave out the graphic details. Missed the 1st quarter of the Broncos-Chargers game in the ER too. Lol

Thanks for the well wishes. It's been a tough 9 days. So relieved to finally have had the the surgery, and I have a nerve block in now which is niiiiiiiiice.

Man-Goblin
11-19-2013, 09:02 PM
Always stay positive. You can rent a leg rest for the wheelchair from a medical supply store. They also have rolling carts that you can rest your knee on (while your foot is in a boot) when you are allowed to do that. Once you are allowed to do physical therapy on it, do it like a champion, to the best of your ability.

You will be able to get back to normal activities soon enough, so don't worry. Just heal it up good. :sunshine:

Thanks! I have what they call a knee walker, which is pretty much the best invention ever.

colorado jones
11-19-2013, 09:05 PM
Thanks! I have what they call a knee walker, which is pretty much the best invention ever.

Just sent you a PM.

BroncoMan4ever
11-19-2013, 10:08 PM
I was blowing leaves on a hill and my left leg slipped. My right foot stuck and I fell right on top of it and slid down the hill. By the time I hit the bottom of the hill, uhhh, yeah. I'll leave out the graphic details. Missed the 1st quarter of the Broncos-Chargers game in the ER too. Lol

Thanks for the well wishes. It's been a tough 9 days. So relieved to finally have had the the surgery, and I have a nerve block in now which is niiiiiiiiice.

I had a similar injury, but in a car wreck. My foot was basically hanging onto the leg by the skin alone and my wrist got turned around to the point i could wave at myself without turning my hand. but my ankle took 5 screws and a plate to repair. had to have 2 of the screws removed once the ankle had stabilized enough to give me back most of my range of motion. 14 months later and I'd say my ankle has 80% of the strength it had prior to the accident and about the same in the ROM. The fact that Kupe was able to even attempt returning when he did was amazing to me. It took 10 months before I was walking without a noticeable limp and another 3 before I could start light jogging without my ankle swelling up and feeling terrible.

I hope your recovery goes quicker than mine has. and you are a lucky bastard to get the knee walker. I wanted one, but because my wrist was shattered i couldn't direct it well enough so I ended up with a regular walker that had to be retrofitted with an attachment so I could direct it with my good arm and the elbow of my busted up arm.

ZONA
11-19-2013, 10:41 PM
Wow, bad luck mate. And I thought I was bummed because I couldn't lift weights for 3 weeks due to my shoulder. I did finally go have an x-ray and MRI. The found no structural damage but said there must be some sort of impingement that's causing the biceps tendon in the front of the shoulder to get inflamed. Got a nice Cortisone shot into the joint and ice and ibuprofen for a week. Feels much better now but I'm afraid it's just going to hurt again in 3 or 4 weeks. Doc said surgery would be minor, just removing some stuff in there that's causing the impingement about 3 weeks in a sling. I've heard others though that have said their shoulder feels a bit more lose then it did before they had the same surgery. Makes me think twice. But not sure what to do. Ok, that's my sob story. :)

oldustyballs
11-20-2013, 12:47 AM

when that nerve block wears off make sure the nurses have your morphine drip ready and waiting because you are gonna experience some of the most intense pain in your life. I shattered my heel and have a plate and probably a dozen screws in my foot.

Follow whatever the doctors tell you and yes rehab like a champ. It will take like a year to get back to almost 100%

Man-Goblin
11-20-2013, 06:04 AM
when that nerve block wears off make sure the nurses have your morphine drip ready and waiting because you are gonna experience some of the most intense pain in your life. I shattered my heel and have a plate and probably a dozen screws in my foot.

Follow whatever the doctors tell you and yes rehab like a champ. It will take like a year to get back to almost 100%

Yeah. I hear ya. I'm just glad I have the nerve block until Friday afternoon. But, it's not flawless. The original numbing agent just wore off and it's just the nerve block doing the work. Some pain is starting to seep through and it isn't pleasant. I'm kinda used to it by now, though.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Guess Who
11-20-2013, 07:53 AM

I get Charlie horses on the bottom of my foot sometimes while I sleep... All I can say to you is you just have to muscle through it.

Bronco Yoda
11-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Yeah. I hear ya. I'm just glad I have the nerve block until Friday afternoon. But, it's not flawless. The original numbing agent just wore off and it's just the nerve block doing the work. Some pain is starting to seep through and it isn't pleasant. I'm kinda used to it by now, though.

Thanks for the support everyone.

Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Guess someone here gets a pass in the 'drunk posting outbursts' in the next couple weeks.

Man-Goblin
11-20-2013, 02:38 PM
Oh man, that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Guess someone here gets a pass in the 'drunk posting outbursts' in the next couple weeks.

I plan on taking advantage of this pass if he Broncos don't beat the Chiefs in two weeks. Or if the refs go into makeup call mode Sunday night.

t-diddy
11-20-2013, 02:53 PM
Any chance "man-goblins dad" will register and give us updates? Seriously though, that sucks and i hope your recovery goes well!

stopgap
11-20-2013, 02:55 PM
I plan on taking advantage of this pass if he Broncos don't beat the Chiefs in two weeks. Or if the refs go into makeup call mode Sunday night.

Hope the recovery goes as smooth as it can.