PDA

View Full Version : More offseason mode product help :)

Mogulseeker
05-18-2012, 05:37 PM
So the Golf thread has helped me out immensely and I'm probably going to pick up new clubs this weekend.

I've also recently bought new skis.

I found a great deal on the pair of skis I've always wanted: Icelantic Nomads. I demo'd them with the Marker Griffon Bindings quite a bit last year and they were bomb.

I need a good all-mountain binding that would go well with the Nomads.

I go all over the place, but I typically ski the blacks over at Jane side of Winter Park - known for being some of the most moguly runs in the world.

Archer81
05-18-2012, 05:50 PM
Drunken tales of epic cockblocking or GTFO.

:Broncos:

Mogulseeker
05-18-2012, 05:54 PM
BTW, I'd need at least 105mm brakes, as the nomad is a wide ski.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-18-2012, 05:57 PM
I used to live in South Lake Tahoe and have boarded for years. Can't help ya on the ski knowledge though.

Mogulseeker
05-18-2012, 06:15 PM
I used to live in South Lake Tahoe and have boarded for years. Can't help ya on the ski knowledge though.

Dude I can't seem to find many bindings with brakes wider than 90mm...

Maybe buying 105mm-width skis was a mistake.

Requiem
05-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Yo brother, as you know I was up in Winter Park for the past season. I'm familiar with those Jane runs and I would suggest Rossignol Axials, Marker Duke (for All-Terrain) or Salomon STH's.

El Guapo
05-18-2012, 07:34 PM

Cool story bro. ^5 jk

I have a long lists of musts/wants. I just need to get off my ass and prioritize them already. ugh.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Cool story bro. ^5 jk

I have a long lists of musts/wants. I just need to get off my ass and prioritize them already. ugh.

I think there's an app for that.

Mogulseeker
05-18-2012, 07:45 PM
Yo brother, as you know I was up in Winter Park for the past season. I'm familiar with those Jane runs and I would suggest Rossignol Axials, Marker Duke (for All-Terrain) or Salomon STH's.

I'm upgrading from the Rossignol Axials, lol.

I still have a pair of Sprayer Twin Tip (lame), but I'm going with the Icelantic.

Can't go wrong with Icelantic - the company was started by fellow DU grads, and the skis are hand made right here in Denver near 6th and Kalamath.

Mogulseeker
05-18-2012, 07:58 PM
I went with the Marker Duke Bindings.

Hella pricey, but hopefully worth it.

Requiem
05-18-2012, 08:09 PM
They will be dude. My buddy was crew leader on the Pano and he said those were the best you could get.

Mogulseeker
12-03-2013, 01:36 AM
They will be dude. My buddy was crew leader on the Pano and he said those were the best you could get.

My old Nomad will be gone soon, as I'm upgrading to the RKR.

I got a pro deal from Dynastar, and got a Cham 97 HM with the Look Pivot 14 binders... but that leaves me without an Alpine touring ski. The Nomad RKR is 105 underfoot... and this ski has got to last me a few years. I ski at a 9 DIN... so you think the Marker Tour F12 would be a safer bet? It's lighter than the Duke and the Baron, and I probably won't ever be cranking the DIN at 5'7" 170.

Anyway, it's a pretty sick ski:

http://www.evo.com/imgp/1500/68924/339483/icelantic-nomad-rkr-skis-2014.jpg

Kaylore
12-03-2013, 07:17 AM
5'7"...you are a smaller man, MightySmurf. (I will never call you Swedish Extrovert. Aside from it being too wordy, I now know you are in fact small and therefore Smurf is on the nose).

Good luck selling your skis. If I meet any alpine-inclined hobbits, I'll be sure to send them your way. :)

Pony Boy
12-03-2013, 07:29 AM
5'7"...you are a smaller man, MightySmurf. (I will never call you Swedish Extrovert. Aside from it being too wordy, I now know you are in fact small and therefore Smurf is on the nose).

Good luck selling your skis. If I meet any alpine-inclined hobbits, I'll be sure to send them your way. :)

Maybe he could give Tom Cruise or Justin Bieber a call.......... but Justin might out grow them.

Rausch 2.0
12-03-2013, 08:31 AM

Yeah.

My last visit to Colorado was fun.

It ended with 3 guys standing over me at the bottom of the hill saying "wah's wrong Chiefs fan? Huh? You sick? Can't breathe? W'has wrong fatty?"

It takes like 3 hours to even fry bacon there.

**** all I hate Colorado...

OBF1
12-03-2013, 08:42 AM
I always like it when posters think they are above the law set up by the owner of the site. Dwarf, It is on season mode, yet you bring up off season stuff so you can profit with disregard to the posted rules.

Now, if you plan on giving the money from your private sale to help fund the website you are pimping yourself out on.

Rausch 2.0
12-03-2013, 08:50 AM
I always like it when posters think they are above the law set up by the owner of the site. Dwarf, It is on season mode, yet you bring up off season stuff so you can profit with disregard to the posted rules.

Now, if you plan on giving the money from your private sale to help fund the website you are pimping yourself out on.

I'm reporting this.

There's no way this is an english speaking American and they clearly want to rob some honest person of something...something....I can't really decide what the **** they want...

Kaylore
12-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Yeah.

My last visit to Colorado was fun.

It ended with 3 guys standing over me at the bottom of the hill saying "wah's wrong Chiefs fan? Huh? You sick? Can't breathe? W'has wrong fatty?"

It takes like 3 hours to even fry bacon there.

**** all I hate Colorado...

LOL Well I am sorry you're fat. And I am sorry the boiling point is lower. It does make for some weird cook times and jacked up baking if you don't know what you're doing.

Mogulseeker
12-03-2013, 09:12 AM
LOL Well I am sorry you're fat. And I am sorry the boiling point is lower. It does make for some weird cook times and jacked up baking if you don't know what you're doing.

I actually dislike the fact that I have to modify cooking times. It always doesn't come out right. That, and backpacking with a jetboil it's even worse when you're at 13,000 feet.

Mogulseeker
12-03-2013, 09:13 AM

FYI - the Nomad in the pic isn't the one I'm selling.... it will not be posted on here. I'm just putting it up on ebay. The post was anything but an ad.

I just want opinions on touring bindings for the new ski.

This was the forum this thread was posted in last offseason. Mods can move it if they want.

DomCasual
12-03-2013, 09:14 AM
So I'm already going to sell my old, non-rockered Nomads, in order to get into the new Nomad RKR.

I got a pro deal from Dynastar, and got a Cham 97 with the Look Pivot 14 binders... but that leaves me without an Alpine touring ski. The Nomad RKR is 105 underfoot... and I swear this ski has got to last me a few years. I ski at a 9 DIN... so you think the Marker Tour F12 would be a safer bet? It's lighter than the Duke and the Baron, and I probably won't ever be cranking the DIN at 5'7" 170.

Anyway, it's a pretty sick ski:

http://www.evo.com/imgp/1500/68924/339483/icelantic-nomad-rkr-skis-2014.jpg

Could you post this a little bigger? I'm hoping to make it into a fathead. But at it's current size, it's about 3/4 of an inch too small.

Kaylore
12-03-2013, 09:39 AM
I actually dislike the fact that I have to modify cooking times. It always doesn't come out right. That, and backpacking with a jetboil it's even worse when you're at 13,000 feet.

This brings your list of not-so-subtle brag-drops in this thread to 12.

Houshyamama
12-03-2013, 09:43 AM
What golf thread? I live for golf. Greatest game ever invented.

DomCasual
12-03-2013, 10:08 AM
The water boiling issue really bugs me when I'm trying to cook the meat of the bear I just killed with my bare hands.

bronco militia
12-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Drunken tales of epic cockblocking or GTFO.

:Broncos:

LOLLOLLOL

Beantown Bronco
12-03-2013, 10:26 AM
This brings your list of not-so-subtle brag-drops in this thread to 12.

Give him a break. He's probably posting from the gym.

Rabb
12-03-2013, 10:29 AM
I just wish you opened up more about your accomplishments and items you own.

Mogulseeker
12-03-2013, 10:35 AM
Well... if you're not a backpacker or skier, than you might as well move to Kansas City... cause that's what Coloradans do.

Rabb
12-03-2013, 10:45 AM
I hunt, camp, fish, ATV and tailgate.

I don't do meth, and have no sister...so KC wouldn't accept me.

Mogulseeker
12-03-2013, 10:59 AM
I hunt, camp, fish, ATV and tailgate.

I don't do meth, and have no sister...so KC wouldn't accept me.

Definitely a Coloradan, then :welcome:

Irish Stout
12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
I like to smother everything in green chile. I like to wear sandals. I have a dog. I am accustomed to drinking many beers at altitude and if I go to KC I have to buy more beers to consume than I would at home. I don't like buying more beers to consume, I like to buy more beers to have. Beer boils pretty good here and is great for bratwurts. Then you got to cook them on the grill for a couple minutes. Then you smother them in green chile and drink beer. Thats what I like.

What is the question?

Mogulseeker
12-03-2013, 12:29 PM
I like to smother everything in green chile. I like to wear sandals. I have a dog. I am accustomed to drinking many beers at altitude and if I go to KC I have to buy more beers to consume than I would at home. I don't like buying more beers to consume, I like to buy more beers to have. Beer boils pretty good here and is great for bratwurts. Then you got to cook them on the grill for a couple minutes. Then you smother them in green chile and drink beer. Thats what I like.

What is the question?

The quality of AT bindings for putting onto a heavy-ish Ptex ski for back country skiing.