PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow is passionate even while eating lunch - Darrelle Revis

Gort
05-16-2012, 03:14 PM
''Some people have it and some guys don't,'' Revis said Wednesday. ''I just think the passion, it's the passion within, of him wanting to be a leader, wanting to win. You see it all the time - eating lunch you see it. Walking down the hallway you see it.''

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/jets-revis-says-tebow-passion-191606990--nfl.html

The Tebow Effect in action. :D

'You respect the guy,'' Revis said. ''He's a playmaker. He makes plays and wins games, that's it. Him being a teammate is kind of different because you get to see him every day, you get to talk to him every day, you get to eat lunch with him every day and get to know him as a person. It's totally different. When you're competing against somebody and you don't know that person, you only see what you see on film.''

i liked the kid. i wish he was still here. but he's not. good luck to him, but i hope the Jets lose, unless they are playing the Patriots. then i hope they play to a 0-0 tie.

Requiem
05-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Antonio Cromartie should teach him how to be passionate with women.

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 03:16 PM
Antonio Cromartie should teach him how to be passionate with women.

Hilarious!

Except Cromartie is not passion. He's lack of self-control.

GreatBronco16
05-16-2012, 03:18 PM
Que the gif of Tebow trucking Revis.

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 03:20 PM

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e65/psychmeds06/Sports/Tebow-Revis1.gif

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 03:23 PM

That is what happens when you play bored I guess.

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis(notes) isn't concerned about Tim Tebow's(notes) arm and he's not concerned about Tim Tebow's legs. What he is concerned about is Tim Tebow's ability to lull him to sleep in the defensive backfield by orchestrating an offense that runs the ball 60 times per game.

"The biggest thing for the secondary is for us not to fall asleep," Revis told reporters this week before Thursday night's game against Tebow and the Broncos. "It can get boring, especially if a team keeps on just running the ball, series after series, play after play."

Preach it, Revis. I've seen episodes of "Millionaire Matchmaker" that were less boring than Tebow games. The running, the running, the fawning by CBS's fourth announcing team; it can get irritating after a while. Pretty soon you find yourself watching the ticker to see whether your fantasy running back gained any more yards and then you see that the score in the Arizona-Washington game changed and then you wonder why the Cardinals are still called the Cardinals even though they no longer play in St. Louis and then -- BAM -- Tebow throws a 56-yard touchdown pass to Eric Decker(notes) and you act like you saw it, even though you were checking your iPhone to see if someone commented on your new Facebook picture.

It's the old "lull them to sleep" theory and it's been around for ages. Running is like Tebow's Calais. He builds it up so much and makes you believe that he's devoting all his time and effort to it, then he sneak-attacks with a long pass and you can't but help marvel at how you were snookered.

Revis later went on to say that the read-option scheme couldn't work in the NFL unless Michael Vick(notes) was the quarterback and Chris Johnson was the running back, leaving us to believe that Darrelle Revis has yet to watch either of those guys play this season.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/darrelle-revis-thinks-tim-tebow-is-boring?urn=nfl,wp11952

55CrushEm
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM

More like Revis stepping out of the way, rather than try to tackle him. Isn't that more accurate?

Meck77
05-16-2012, 03:32 PM
So does he get on his knees while he eats a ham sandwich?

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 03:57 PM
So does he get on his knees while he eats a ham sandwich?

Leviticus 11:7-8 ESV
And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Tebow is too much of a good Christian to eat pork. Or lay down with men.

fontaine
05-16-2012, 04:00 PM
File this under WhoTF cares.

GreatBronco16
05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
More like Revis stepping out of the way, rather than try to tackle him. Isn't that more accurate?

Well had Revis tried to man up to Tebow on that run, Revis would probably be the next ex player sueing the NFL about concussions.:giggle:

bfoflcommish
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM

what the hell was Thomas doing on that play, he could have at least attempted a block on somebody

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 04:17 PM
what the hell was Thomas doing on that play, he could have at least attempted a block on somebody

Looks like he was running a comeback route.

bfoflcommish
05-16-2012, 04:19 PM
Looks like he was running a comeback route.

once he seen tuck and run he moved out of the way of all jets

TheReverend
05-16-2012, 04:22 PM
In b4 Bart Scott says "Tebow chews gum like a CHAMPION!"

Black96WS6
05-16-2012, 04:23 PM
"You also see it when he's parking the car, doing the laundry, or just eating a donut.

There's just so much passion there", said Revis...

:~ohyah!:

DomCasual
05-16-2012, 04:27 PM
I wonder if Mark Sanchez reads stuff like that, and feels a general sense of hopelessness.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-16-2012, 04:28 PM
Did Tebow get traded back to us?

Rohirrim
05-16-2012, 04:30 PM

Notice #89 doesn't make any attempt to block and let's the guy hit his QB? Nice.

Kaylore
05-16-2012, 04:52 PM

I know like six people listen to the podcast, but that was one of the plays I mentioned for making him "hot seat player of the week."

BroncoBeavis
05-16-2012, 04:54 PM
Notice #89 doesn't make any attempt to block and let's the guy hit his QB? Nice.

Yeah, I think of that every time I see that clip. Thomas totally could have sprung Tebow on that play with even a half-assed attempt at a block.

g6matty
05-16-2012, 05:09 PM
DT didnt block because he was hoping tebow would get hurt. put a real QB in who can complete a pass to him

broncosteven
05-16-2012, 05:22 PM
And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.

Maybe but he can shower with them and then later masterbate to their GQ pictoral then try to move into the same neighborhood so it is not weird when he keeps getting caught walking past their house.

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 05:23 PM
Maybe but he can shower with them and then later masterbate to their GQ pictoral then try to move into the same neighborhood so it is not weird when he keeps getting caught walking past their house.

As long as he doesn't lay down with them, he should be okay.

TheReverend
05-16-2012, 05:31 PM

Na that's Demaryius bruv

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 06:28 PM

How does he not see the blitz coming at the line?

broncswin
05-16-2012, 06:44 PM
Ah go suck a toe Revise...err wait..

Gort
05-16-2012, 06:47 PM
Ah go suck a toe

http://noontimesports.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/rex-ryan.jpg

errand
05-16-2012, 07:18 PM

Leviticus refers to Hebrew (Jewish) law if I'm not mistaken.....Tebow is not Jewish

errand
05-16-2012, 07:20 PM
Did Tebow get traded back to us?

No...the big top's been torn down and packed up....the clown car just hasn't left for Jersey yet....Hilarious!

KipCorrington25
05-16-2012, 08:19 PM

Yet curiously he showers with them.

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 08:48 PM
Leviticus refers to Hebrew (Jewish) law if I'm not mistaken.....Tebow is not Jewish

Leviticus says some of the craziest things. Can't wear clothes made from one fabric. Can't shave or cut your hair. If you have sex with a girl on her period you are banished. Pretty much everything ends in with people being killed. You can own people and sale your kids if I remember right as well.

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Leviticus says some of the craziest things. Can't wear clothes made from one fabric. Can't shave or cut your hair. If you have sex with a girl on her period you are banished. Pretty much everything ends in with people being killed. You can own people and sale your kids if I remember right as well.

And strangely it's the most oft-quoted part of the Bible in opposition to homosexuality.

Missouribronc
05-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Wow, even the Jets locker room is circling the wagons on a ****ty quarterback. At some point, that's going to stop...I think...

gyldenlove
05-16-2012, 09:02 PM

Is it Leviticus that says if a woman is not a virgin on her wedding she is to be killed? and that you can not plant 2 crops in one field?

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 09:02 PM
And strangely it's the most oft-quoted part of the Bible in opposition to homosexuality.

And it's the least followed part of the bible. Go figure! If you curse your parents you are to be stoned to death.Hilarious! The human race would have ended years ago.

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 09:05 PM
Is it Leviticus that says if a woman is not a virgin on her wedding she is to be killed? and that you can not plant 2 crops in one field?

Yeah that is the one. If I was fighting with another dude and my wife for some reason grabbed his balls during the fight her hand is to be cut off.

yerner
05-16-2012, 09:30 PM
if this guy wasn't white... be honest.. charlie ward ?

Missouribronc
05-16-2012, 09:33 PM

Different type of runner, but yeah.

Wes Mantooth
05-16-2012, 10:16 PM
boy Sanchez better not suck.

cutthemdown
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM
He better like him, he will be his starting QB by week 6

errand
05-16-2012, 10:27 PM
boy Sanchez better not suck.

Hell..he can't even afford to be above average now. His first int will bring out the boo birds and the circus will be at full throttle.

Cito Pelon
05-16-2012, 10:29 PM

From that video, #12 in blue I believe it was, ran away from any block he could make. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was #12, right? Matthew Willis? Avoiding the block that could have sprung Tebow for a TD? The same Matt Willis that dropped a nice Tebow pass that would have converted a third-and-long against Pitt in the 4th Q in the playoff game?

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 10:36 PM
He better like him, he will be his starting QB by week 6

What will the Jets record be by then? 2-3 or1-4? They open with the Bills, Pitt, Phins, 49ers, Texans. If they are above .500 after that Sanchez won't lose his job. Also if they start out that bad the Jets won't make the playoffs and Ryan will be canned.

errand
05-16-2012, 10:38 PM

As it stands right now he's probably better than charlie ward in football.... I think we're looking at the next joe kapp... a fiery leader that just can't throw the ball very well. I just thank God that the colts got the first pick in the draft and decided to release peyton manning.

IHaveALight
05-16-2012, 10:45 PM
I miss the Tebow.

errand
05-16-2012, 10:46 PM
From that video, #12 in blue I believe it was, ran away from any block he could make. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that was #12, right? Matthew Willis? Avoiding the block that could have sprung Tebow for a TD? The same Matt Willis that dropped a nice Tebow pass that would have converted a third-and-long against Pitt in the 4th Q in the playoff game?

The reason the wide receivers were not throwing blocks is because tebow at the time had not crossed the line of scrimmage...... which means he still could have passed the ball to them...... what might look like avoiding blocks could be that they were just trying to get open in case Tebow did throw the ball to them.

IHaveALight
05-16-2012, 10:47 PM

Thomas pulled this crap a lot last year.

IHaveALight
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM
The reason the wide receivers were not throwing blocks is because tebow at the time had not crossed the line of scrimmage...... which means he still could have passed the ball to them...... what might look like avoiding blocks could be that they were just trying to get open in case Tebow did throw the ball to them.

It's very clear the Tebow is running the ball and is past the line of scrimage when Thomas decides to puss out against the Dlineman and step out of his way. Oh and by the way, that guy makes the tackle! If Thomas blocks him, that's a huge play.

Bacchus
05-16-2012, 10:50 PM

I was wondering who would be the first to post this!! LMAO @ Revis!!

Cito Pelon
05-16-2012, 11:02 PM
It's very clear the Tebow is running the ball and is past the line of scrimage when Thomas decides to puss out against the Dlineman and step out of his way. Oh and by the way, that guy makes the tackle! If Thomas blocks him, that's a huge play.

Ah, so that is #88 Demaryious Thomas that pusses out. I thought the player was a little big to be Matt Willis. Wow, that is a bigtime pussout by #88 to run away from a block that could have sprung Tebow for a TD. Wow, you don't see a pussout like that too often.

Cito Pelon
05-16-2012, 11:10 PM

I was in too late apparently, I gotta start paying more attention.

Vegas_Bronco
05-17-2012, 12:02 AM
Didnt read any of it.

broncocalijohn
05-17-2012, 01:29 AM

this gif is what made me make the DT thread on why he pussed out and didn't block #94. Search function isn giving me anything but it was the day after I saw this gif. He sidesteps the man and could have been a big deal if Tebow could have got more yards on that last series. Oh that pissed me off big time. When you have had great blockers that put their body out for the team like Ed McCaffrey (who Eric Decker reminds me of :) ) then you have a play like that to make you nuts.

broncocalijohn
05-17-2012, 01:38 AM
Oh baby, went the old fashion way and went back 125 pages.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101402

cutthemdown
05-17-2012, 01:47 AM
What will the Jets record be by then? 2-3 or1-4? They open with the Bills, Pitt, Phins, 49ers, Texans. If they are above .500 after that Sanchez won't lose his job. Also if they start out that bad the Jets won't make the playoffs and Ryan will be canned.

Doesn't matter. Sanchez is soft, not that talented, not that tough, and not all that good of a football player. As a QB and a passer he's is pretty average as well. Just no way he can hold up to the pressure Tebow will put on him. He's going to press, throw picks, lose enough to get canned.

TheReverend
05-17-2012, 05:07 AM

As usual, yes you are wrong. That's Thomas shying away from contact at the POA

cutthemdown
05-17-2012, 05:21 AM
As usual, yes you are wrong. That's Thomas shying away from contact at the POA

I saw that as well but what he really did was get in the way of two defenders keeping them out of the play. You would only know to ask coaches and we can't. They may say sometimes if you can get in one guys way, ruin his angle, then also another guys way and ruin his angle, then that is actually WR doing a good job.

TheReverend
05-17-2012, 08:22 AM
I saw that as well but what he really did was get in the way of two defenders keeping them out of the play. You would only know to ask coaches and we can't. They may say sometimes if you can get in one guys way, ruin his angle, then also another guys way and ruin his angle, then that is actually WR doing a good job.

lol gtfo bud. the defender he "gets in the way of to keep out of the play" is the one that makes the ****ing tackle on him...

Beantown Bronco
05-17-2012, 08:33 AM
He's ball......and he's juice.

WolfpackGuy
05-17-2012, 08:58 AM
Who isn't passionate about lunch?

Gort
05-17-2012, 09:04 AM

this guy. he's ecstatic.

http://madmikesamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/fat-guy1.jpg

DBroncos4life
05-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Probably not the dudes that are angry a breakfast, and gang bangin on bacon...

TonyR
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Tebow’s attorneys put it this way: “The Merchandise makes it appear as if Mr. Tebow actually endorses Cubby Tees and its products.” Where that actually happens is a bit of a mystery. The shirt…remixes the Jets logo to a more Jesus-friendly theme. The “NY” is replaced with “MY” and the “JETS” is replaced with “JESUS.” In addition, what’s normally a football at the bottom of the logo is the “Ichthys,” or “sign of the fish,” often used to express faith.

And yes, when you think of Jesus and the Jets together, you probably think of Tebow, but the shirt itself contains absolutely no Tebow references. I am neither a theologian nor a lawyer, but I don’t think Tebow is the only one allowed to claim Jesus as “My Jesus.” But again, I’m not sure exactly how close Tebow and Jesus are. I could be wrong about that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-tebow-sues-maker-jesus-y-jets-t-223401489.html

TheReverend
05-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Tebow’s attorneys put it this way: “The Merchandise makes it appear as if Mr. Tebow actually endorses Cubby Tees and its products.” Where that actually happens is a bit of a mystery. The shirt…remixes the Jets logo to a more Jesus-friendly theme. The “NY” is replaced with “MY” and the “JETS” is replaced with “JESUS.” In addition, what’s normally a football at the bottom of the logo is the “Ichthys,” or “sign of the fish,” often used to express faith.

And yes, when you think of Jesus and the Jets together, you probably think of Tebow, but the shirt itself contains absolutely no Tebow references. I am neither a theologian nor a lawyer, but I don’t think Tebow is the only one allowed to claim Jesus as “My Jesus.” But again, I’m not sure exactly how close Tebow and Jesus are. I could be wrong about that.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-tebow-sues-maker-jesus-y-jets-t-223401489.html

^ "Tebow sent a cease and desist letter"

LOL

Should read "Tebow's PR people sent a cease and desist letter, he really doesnt give a ****"

Bacchus
05-17-2012, 09:43 AM
As it stands right now he's probably better than charlie ward in football.... I think we're looking at the next joe kapp... a fiery leader that just can't throw the ball very well. I just thank God that the colts got the first pick in the draft and decided to release peyton manning.

Joe Kapp took the Vikings to a Super Bowl.

Gort
05-17-2012, 10:05 AM

he also punched out a fellow septuagenarian at a recent CFL get together. he's a tough old SOB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 10:08 AM
He's more passionate about using his lawyers to sue people. First it was suing the kid who made the WWTD tshirts, then it was to sue for the rights to a word a kid created on the internet. Now it's to sue for someone putting MY J-E-S-U-S on a Tshirts. It doesnt say mytebow, unless he actually thinks he's jesus. He needs to pay attention on his horrendous completion percentage instead of suing everyone.

alkemical
05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
He's more passionate about using his lawyers to sue people. First it was suing the kid who made the WWTD tshirts, then it was to sue for the rights to a word a kid created on the internet. Now it's to sue for someone putting MY J-E-S-U-S on a Tshirts. It doesnt say mytebow, unless he actually thinks he's jesus. He needs to pay attention on his horrendous completion percentage instead of suing everyone.

This is why there's a crowd of people that think he's "fake".

broncocalijohn
05-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Are you ****ing high? You are really going to excuse his lack of blocking with his split reaction time of getting in the way of two blockers by throwing an illegal "pick" like in basketball? Don't make an excuse for one ****ty way of protecting a teammate and especially when that teammate is the QB.

Gort
05-17-2012, 10:49 AM
This is why there's a crowd of people that think he's "fake".

it's not Tebow doing this. it's his lawyers doing what lawyers do.

do you really think that when Sony Corporation's lawyers send a cease and desist letter to Sonny's Sub Shop that it is done specifically at the behest of the CEO of Sony?

alkemical
05-17-2012, 10:51 AM

do you really think that when Sony Corporation's lawyers send a cease and desist letter to Sonny's Sub Shop that it is done specifically at the behest of the CEO of Sony?

He still signs the PO's.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 10:58 AM

The Tebow t-shirt was being sold under his name or something like that...

The shirt doesn’t have Tebow’s name or likeness on it, but the company, CubbyTees.com, refers to the design as a “Tim Tebow New York Jets T Shirt” on its website (which was down this morning).

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/17/tim-tebows-lawyers-go-after-makers-of-my-jesus-shirts/

Keep on hating brotha!!!

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 11:06 AM
And why do people still go to yahoo sports?! Bunch of drama queens with the reporting ability of bleacher report.

IHaveALight
05-17-2012, 11:23 AM
My guess is his religious acquaintances have a big influence on these matters. Probably a lot more to do with religion than money anyway.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 11:25 AM
The Tebow t-shirt was being sold under his name or something like that...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/17/tim-tebows-lawyers-go-after-makers-of-my-jesus-shirts/

Keep on hating brotha!!!

Its behavior you would expect from a greedy star like Jordan. The WWTD tshirts were small potatoes from a kid. I still don't understand him suing the kid who invented the term Tebowing. There were never any profits gained from it. The kid just made a website that shared fans and celeb pics. But suing for the "rights to that term" sure sounds like they want to profit. And I've heard christian jet fans use that Jesus chant well before tebow was a jet. Seems to me a better way to go about this instead of outright suing would be having a percentage of the profits donated to focus on the family?

Rohirrim
05-17-2012, 11:31 AM
What's next? Tebow takes the most passionate dump?

Dedhed
05-17-2012, 11:39 AM

Yeah, but he'd also have to lack dedication, work ethic, leadership, etc

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 11:44 AM
Its behavior you would expect from a greedy star like Jordan. The WWTD tshirts were small potatoes from a kid. I still don't understand him suing the kid who invented the term Tebowing. There were never any profits gained from it. The kid just made a website that shared fans and celeb pics. But suing for the "rights to that term" sure sounds like they want to profit. And I've heard christian jet fans use that Jesus chant well before tebow was a jet. Seems to me a better way to go about this instead of outright suing would be having a percentage of the profits donated to focus on the family?

It has more to do with the religious aspect than the monetary one. You really think Tebow is going to fight for a lousy thousand bucks? No... he just doesn't make a mockery of his faith... specially when his name is tied to that.

And again... since you missed this on my last post... the My Jesus Jet t-shirt was being sold under a “Tim Tebow New York Jets T Shirt”.

Beantown Bronco
05-17-2012, 11:47 AM

Ummmm, lawyers pretty much aren't allowed to breathe without checking with their clients first. They certainly aren't going to draft and send out cease and desist letters for free.

The CEO? Nope. The senior in-house counsel of Sony's legal dept? You bet.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 11:47 AM
It has more to do with the religious aspect than the monetary one. You really think Tebow is going to fight for a lousy thousand bucks? No... he just doesn't make a mockery of his faith... specially when his name is tied to that.

And again... since you missed this on my last post... the My Jesus Jet t-shirt was being sold under a “Tim Tebow New York Jets T Shirt”.

How is it a mockery? It's spreading Gods word. I know a lot of Christians that would buy that shirt and wear it proudly.

DBroncos4life
05-17-2012, 11:48 AM
Ummmm, lawyers pretty much aren't allowed to breathe without checking with their clients first. They certainly aren't going to draft and send out cease and desist letters for free.

No kidding Hilarious!

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 11:55 AM
How is it a mockery? It's spreading Gods word. I know a lot of Christians that would buy that shirt and wear it proudly.

Sorry... should have been specific. I was referring to Tebowning. That to him is praying and you know he boast all the glory on his lord. The Jesus Jet shirt is a mockery to him because he is not Jesus. He doesn't need that attached to his name. I am catholic... my only Jesus is Jesus. And that is no joke! Tebow feels the same way I bet. Anyone that is Christian or Catholic should feel like that. Stuff like this is why Tebowmania got out of hand.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 11:56 AM

And sorry but it's not spreading Gods words. It only says Jesus. I can already tell you probably don't belong to any type of religion

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 12:05 PM
And sorry but it's not spreading Gods words. It only says Jesus. I can already tell you probably don't belong to any type of religion

Um so you automatically assume everyones religion defines Gods word as not being Jesus related? I'm sorry if I don't live up to your holy expectations. Judging from your AV I can tell you follow the Lords views with a straight and narrow heart.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 12:31 PM
Um so you automatically assume everyones religion defines Gods word as not being Jesus related? I'm sorry if I don't live up to your holy expectations. Judging from your AV I can tell you follow the Lords views with a straight and narrow heart.

Just because I am catholic doesn't make me a preacher, pastor or nunn. Sorry you can't get that. And again... Gods words are not "Jesus". Gods words are his teachings. If you can't understan religion... don't talk about it.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 12:34 PM
Just because I am catholic doesn't make me a preacher, pastor or nunn. Sorry you can't get that. And again... Gods words are not "Jesus". Gods words are his teachings. If you can't understan religion... don't talk about it.

So I shouldve said the word of the Lord. Can you understan that?

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 12:54 PM
So I shouldve said the word of the Lord. Can you understan that?

OH MY GOD!!! I am leaving this conversation. Your general IQ is outstanding!!!

*so that you know... The Lord to us Christians or Catholics is Jesus. Him and God are totally different you know. Jesus preaches Gods words. Again... I don't know if you are dumb or just acting like one. Just keep in mind... never to go full retard.

You said How is it a mockery? It's spreading Gods word.

Again? Where on the t-shirt does it show that it's spreading Gods words? It just says MY JESUS in reference to Tebow. And don't be all naive and say how is it Tebow if Tebows name is not on it? Did you see this t-shirt being sold among Jets merchandise last year? Didn't you realize that the t-shirt was being sold under Tebow Jet t-shirt on the website!

Do you need me to draw it and color it for you for a better understanding?

Seriously... your hate for the guy is clear.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 12:59 PM
You are too easy to rile up. Keep punching that keyboard. If you calmed down you'd realize ive been screwing with you since the first time you corrected me. But I can keep goin if it means more CAP filled posts.

alkemical
05-17-2012, 12:59 PM
Reach out and touch faith
Your own Personal Jesus
Someone to hear your prayers
Someone who cares
Your own Personal Jesus
Someone who's there

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 01:11 PM
By the way your narrowminded thinking is flat out embarrassing. "the Word of the Lord" is very much relevant based on what religion you follow. Latter day saints use it. Should do some research instead of assuming everyone is catholic.

BroncoBeavis
05-17-2012, 01:42 PM
What's the problem DB? You getting bored without Jhzz to kick around? :)

Where is he anyway?

broncocalijohn
05-17-2012, 01:44 PM
Reach out and touch faith
Your own Personal Jesus
Someone who cares
Your own Personal Jesus
Someone who's there

Thank you Dave Gahan who just turned 50 this week!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 01:45 PM
What's the problem DB? You getting bored without Jhzz to kick around? :)

Where is he anyway?

Ha! Sup Beavis. It was gettin too quiet around here. Gotta love the offseason.

It's just not as sweet without the sour.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 01:59 PM
By the way your narrowminded thinking is flat out embarrassing. "the Word of the Lord" is very much relevant based on what religion you follow. Latter day saints use it. Should do some research instead of assuming everyone is catholic.

wow! You still don't get it! Yes the "word of the Lord" is relevant on any religion. When have I said otherwise? Let go of the booze. Maybe you sober up and actually get the hold of things. And when have I assumed everyone is catholic? Stop reaching! Hahaha wow you are dumb! The word Jesus is very relevant to the Catholics and Christians though... you thinking that a t-shirt that says MY JESUS in reference to Tebow is spreading (in your own words) It's spreading Gods word. is hilarious! Go to school... or back to it!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 02:09 PM
wow! You still don't get it! Yes the "word of the Lord" is relevant on any religion. When have I said otherwise? Let go of the booze. Maybe you sober up and actually get the hold of things. And when have I assumed everyone is catholic? Stop reaching! Hahaha wow you are dumb! The word Jesus is very relevant to the Catholics and Christians though... you thinking that a t-shirt that says MY JESUS in reference to Tebow is spreading (in your own words) is hilarious! Go to school... or back to it!

If I was sober you would really be irritating.

By the way I love how some people assume my screen name has anything to do with alcohol.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 02:15 PM
If I was sober you would really be irritating.

By the way I love how some people assume my screen name has anything to do with alcohol.

I don't assume on ones screen name... though it does help to connect the dots.

capt. Jack
05-17-2012, 02:16 PM
What's next? Tebow takes the most passionate dump?

I think that would be a "HOLY SH**" !!!!

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 02:18 PM
I think that would be a "HOLY SH**" !!!!

Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I don't assume on ones screen name... though it does help to connect the dots.

I do like booze. But with a stone cold face like my portrait evokes its all business.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I do like booze. But with a stone cold face like my portrait evokes its all business.

It's all good DB. I know arguments get out of hand on this boards a lot! It's just the nature of the beast! Not everyone is going to see eye to eye! At the end of the day... it's a slow offseason.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-17-2012, 02:32 PM
It's all good DB. I know arguments get out of hand on this boards a lot! It's just the nature of the beast! Not everyone is going to see eye to eye! At the end of the day... it's a slow offseason.

Ha! Ya 98% of the time I'm full of the "holy sh--t". If it was all Utopia and Xs and Os we'd probably fall asleep.

DenverBrit
05-17-2012, 03:22 PM

Do Tebow's lawyers just act and run up a legal bill without consulting him?

He should sue them.

Gort
05-17-2012, 04:21 PM

He should sue them.

that's not how lawyers who work for you operate. do you think Sony's corporate lawyers send billable hours invoices to the CEO? no, they don't. they draw a salary. they have to find something to do each day to justify that salary. this is the sort of stuff they do. all day. every day.

whether Tebow actually has lawyers working for him, or if his agent's lawyers do this, or if his business management company has lawyers who do this, isn't really the point. the point is that something like this is done every single day as a matter of course without the need to contact the CEO of the company they work for, or the agent who pays their salaries, or Tim Tebow who is ultimately the beneficiary. do you really think CAA doesn't have an army of lawyers working for them that protect against trademark infringement for the benefit of all CAA clients?

we have lawyers on this site. they'll happily explain to you how it works. but then they'll send you an invoice for their time.

errand
05-17-2012, 05:05 PM

Yes, he did...SB IV vs. Kansas City.

Tebow might take a team to the SB....I mean hell if Trent Dilfer could do it, who's to say Tebow can't or won't. But the evidence right now suggests he'll have to be on a team like the '00 Ravens if he were to make it, let alone win it. right now he's not going to...but who knows?

I certainly like our chances of making it and winning it with Manning than Tebow at the helm. Just one man's opinion....

DenverBrit
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
that's not how lawyers who work for you operate. do you think Sony's corporate lawyers send billable hours invoices to the CEO? no, they don't. they draw a salary. they have to find something to do each day to justify that salary. this is the sort of stuff they do. all day. every day.

whether Tebow actually has lawyers working for him, or if his agent's lawyers do this, or if his business management company has lawyers who do this, isn't really the point. the point is that something like this is done every single day as a matter of course without the need to contact the CEO of the company they work for, or the agent who pays their salaries, or Tim Tebow who is ultimately the beneficiary. do you really think CAA doesn't have an army of lawyers working for them that protect against trademark infringement for the benefit of all CAA clients?

we have lawyers on this site. they'll happily explain to you how it works. but then they'll send you an invoice for their time.

Yeah, after 30 years of business ownership, I have no idea how lawyers work. ;D
You keep using a large Corporation as an example as to why Tebow wouldn't know what his lawyers are doing. You couldn't be more wrong.

Equating billion dollar corporations with thousand of employees with Timmy....a one man band....shouldn't make sense to you, but it does.
You can safely bet that Tebow is fully aware...and has approved...of his lawyers actions in this circumstance.

Take your own advice and consult with the Mane's lawyers, because you haven't a clue. :)

Butterscotch Stallion
05-17-2012, 06:09 PM

He should sue them.

yes, they do actually. I know it's hard to believe, but when you are a person that people actually care about, you have to protect yourself in many ways and don't have time to cover every detail. That's why there are managers, agents and lawyers for celebs.

They do this all the time.

peacepipe
05-17-2012, 06:13 PM
yes, they do actually. I know it's hard to believe, but when you are a person that people actually care about, you have to protect yourself in many ways and don't have time to cover every detail. That's why there are managers, agents and lawyers for celebs.

They do this all the time.but they don't act without the clients knowledge.

DenverBrit
05-17-2012, 06:30 PM

They do this all the time.

Because of the nature of the cease and desist, I'm pretty sure Tebow was informed and advised of the complaint. It's too personal. However, none of us can be certain to what degree Timmy was or was not involved.

First, his lawyers would have to be certain that Timmy didn't give the website permission to use his name. The only way to know that for certain, is to ask him or his representative.

Here is the letter. Note that Timmy is the first cc. keeping him informed of his lawyers actions.

http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0516_tebow_letter-TMZ.pdf