PDA

View Full Version : Mark Schlereth thinks Broncos quarterback Osweiler will be a good long-term fit for the Broncos

Bronco Rob
05-16-2012, 02:08 PM
<script src="http://player.espn.com/player.js?&playerBrandingId=4ef8000cbaf34c1687a7d9a26fe0e89e&pcode=1kNG061cgaoolOncv54OAO1ceO-I&width=576&height=324&externalId=espn:7938111&thruParam_espn-ui[autoPlay]=false&thruParam_espn-ui[playRelatedExternally]=true"></script>

:)

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 02:14 PM
He must be sleeping with Jack as well.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 02:14 PM
if he keeps his mechanics intact like he showed off in mini camp and puts his mind to it i agree.

Pick Six
05-16-2012, 02:35 PM
He'll have what Tebow DIDN'T have...time to develop, as an NFL quarterback...

Smiling Assassin27
05-16-2012, 02:37 PM
mark says 'no question' more than any man alive. almost sounds weird that he didn't say it once here.

Bacchus
05-16-2012, 02:39 PM

No amount of time will be enough for Tebow to develop into a quality NFL passer. Now running this spread option game and throwing deep could be something he might be able to excell in until he gets to beat up.

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 02:41 PM

That is McD's fault for leaving us Orton.

NFLBRONCO
05-16-2012, 03:03 PM
Osweiler will have what Tebow DIDN'T have (because Elway would have never drafted Tebow in first place so why would he want to spend time developing him)...time to develop, as an NFL quarterback ..

Fixed it post 6,666 narly

Mogulseeker
05-16-2012, 03:10 PM
if he keeps his mechanics intact like he showed off in mini camp and puts his mind to it i agree.

I'm excited about Brock. He's already made a ton of strides in terms of becoming more of an NFL-type QB. He seems like a smart kid, too.

I need to see if he still has that accuracy, and in an NFL-speed situation first. But I think Brock could very well be the next franchise QB for the Broncos.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 03:30 PM
I'm excited about Brock. He's already made a ton of strides in terms of becoming more of an NFL-type QB. He seems like a smart kid, too.

I need to see if he still has that accuracy, and in an NFL-speed situation first. But I think Brock could very well be the next franchise QB for the Broncos.

his issues are mostly mental. he's got to get that pocket instinct down to a science. because when you look at his film he's Jay Cutler all over again.
what i mean by that is, you look at the poor decisions he makes when throwing the ball. he tries to fit that ball into very tight windows where everyone and their mama says "NO, DON'T THROW THAT BALL THERE!".

that's why i continue to say he has to dedicate himself fully. if he buys in he will be special.

BroncoMan4ever
05-16-2012, 03:59 PM

he has what Tebow didn't have also. the ability to make NFL throws

Doggcow
05-16-2012, 04:04 PM
Schlareth likes something about Denver? Holy ****. It always seems like he's taking jabs at us. TJ bails us out though.

Heyneck
05-16-2012, 04:15 PM
he has what Tebow didn't have also. the ability to make NFL throws

yeah... because he sure has! Easy there... Bledsoe part 2 hasn't even thrown the ball in the NFL. Tebow won an NFL playoff game torching the #1 defense! Leave your hate behind and move on! If Brock turns for the best... then that's great for us! But wait until he completes a past first!

Jay3
05-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Kiss of death -- the Schlereth endorsement.

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 04:33 PM
yeah... because he sure has! Easy there... Bledsoe part 2 hasn't even thrown the ball in the NFL. Tebow won an NFL playoff game torching the #1 defense! Leave your hate behind and move on! If Brock turns for the best... then that's great for us! But wait until he completes a past first!

I like how some how people think that him becoming Bledsoe is a bad thing. Hilarious!

Please no! I don't want a QB that throws for 44,000 passing yards! The guy was in the top 10 in NFL history at Passing Attempts, Passes Completed, and Passing Yards. He finished 15th in TD passes as well. If we get this out of a second round pick then he was a grand slam pick IMO. You don't get QB's like that out of the top 10 very often.

McDman
05-16-2012, 04:37 PM
I think Schlereth is pretty level headed. At least he isn't like Al who would be the worst GM in the world.

Heyneck
05-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I like how some how people think that him becoming Bledsoe is a bad thing. Hilarious!

Please no! I don't want a QB that throws for 44,000 passing yards! The guy was in the top 10 in NFL history at Passing Attempts, Passes Completed, and Passing Yards. He finished 15th in TD passes as well. If we get this out of a second round pick then he was a grand slam pick IMO. You don't get QB's like that out of the top 10 very often.

Bledsoe could throw for a bunch... but he could lose a bunch too! I can see you prefer stats than wins! Pathetic! You must have really been a hardcore Cutler fan! Nice to see your priorities in place!

Bledsoe stats:
Wins: 98
Loss: 95

TDs: 251
INTs: 206

Passer rating: 77.1

Postseason stats:
wins: 3
Loss: 3

TDs:6
INts 12

Passer rating: 54.9

This is in a 14 year career! Pathetic if you ask me! One of the most overrated QBs in the history of the sport! I could take McNab over him any day of the week!!!

Hilarious! Love to see how anxious you are to have someone similar to him!!! I would never want Bledsoe near my team!!! Loser!!!

Go and look up his career completion % and yard per pass attempt. For somebody that threw the ball as much as him... that's pathetic!

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 06:39 PM
Bledsoe could throw for a bunch... but he could lose a bunch too! I can see you prefer stats than wins! Pathetic! You must have really been a hardcore Cutler fan! Nice to see your priorities in place!

Bledsoe stats:

Postseason stats:

INts 12

This is in a 14 year career! Pathetic if you ask me! One of the most overrated QBs in the history of the sport! I could take McNab over him any day of the week!!!

Hilarious! Love to see how anxious you are to have someone similar to him!!! I would never want Bledsoe near my team!!! Loser!!!

Go and look up his career completion % and yard per pass attempt. For somebody that threw the ball as much as him... that's pathetic!

He has to be highly rated to be over rated. :giggle: You can do a LOT worse then Bledsoe something you don't understand.

Kyle Orton was 21-12 before he got to Denver I'm sure you loved dumping Cutler for him! Hilarious!

The fact is Bledsoe outside of being tall is nothing like Oz but, keep saying it anyways. :thumbsup:

hambone13
05-16-2012, 06:49 PM
Schlareth likes something about Denver? Holy ****. It always seems like he's taking jabs at us. TJ bails us out though.

Schlareth likes all sorts of things about Denver and I rarely find him to be wrong. I love hearing his opinion as he was a grinder. He had to make it on hard work and brains because he lacked the genetics. I'll always respect that and his opinion.

Heyneck
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM
He has to be highly rated to be over rated. :giggle: You can do a LOT worse then Bledsoe something you don't understand.

Kyle Orton was 21-12 before he got to Denver I'm sure you loved dumping Cutler for him! Hilarious!

The fact is Bledsoe outside of being tall is nothing like Oz but, keep saying it anyways. :thumbsup:

Who in the right mind would pick Orton over Cutler? You are reaching! If Orton would have won more than Cutler IN DENVER then yes! That's why I would still would take Plummer over any of our QBs after Elway (Not including Manning... and if he for some reason can't win here... another one bites the dust in my Bronco book).

Anyway... Bledsoe sucked. My comparison to Brock never was in the way they play the position but in the way the are built and decision making wise.

They are both huge QBs with great arm strength, release wise I think Brocks' release is a bit faster. Brock is way more athletic than statue Bledsoe... but still both get sacked a lot inside the pocket. They both have INT problems and both tend to lock down on 1 receiver. Brock could have a future... I do hope! But... already talking like he is a surefire QBOTF are out of their minds! The kid hasn't even thrown the pigskin against an NFL team!

And you thinking that yardage and attempts are what makes a QB highly rated... then that's all I need to know about your priorities in the game.

*the bold part.... yeah I don't want Elway selling me a "Bledsoe" as QBOTF!

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-16-2012, 07:03 PM

Bledsoe stats:

Postseason stats:

INts 12

Man, those were the days. Back when the only player on the field was the quarterback.

Really a solid contribution. Hilarious!

WolfpackGuy
05-16-2012, 07:06 PM
That is McD's fault for leaving us Orton.

And Quinn...

Heyneck
05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Man, those were the days. Back when the only player on the field was the quarterback.

Really a solid contribution. Hilarious!

Of course not! But he was the type that would throw the clutch INT or get sacked at the wrong time. That's one of the main reason of why he has so many pass attempts and yards. Still... his career 6.6 yard per pass show how mediocre he was.

errand
05-16-2012, 07:26 PM

Not to mention led his team to a conference championship in '96...and came off bench to win AFCCG in 2002 vs Steelers.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 07:30 PM
Stink is normally spot on in his takes on things, especially concerning Denver.
i don't always agree with what he says but he's still normally spot on.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 07:32 PM

Bledsoe stats:

Postseason stats:

INts 12

if Osweiler turns out to be Bledsoe like talent i'll be ****ing thrilled. i don't want the INT's but i'd take the production and hopefully it lands us a SB win or two and puts us in company with the Steelers in NFL lore.

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 08:14 PM
if Osweiler turns out to be Bledsoe like talent i'll be ****ing thrilled. i don't want the INT's but i'd take the production and hopefully it lands us a SB win or two and puts us in company with the Steelers in NFL lore.

Kind of my thinking as well. I would rather get a Bledsoe like QB then a Leftwhich or Carr.

Lestat
05-16-2012, 09:01 PM
Kind of my thinking as well. I would rather get a Bledsoe like QB then a Leftwhich or Carr.

i'd take a David Carr without shot confidence behind that ****ty OL the Texans had. Carr would have been a beast if they had done a decent job of surrounding him with talent and keeping his jersey clean.

Leftwich was just a statue with a painfully long release.

mwill07
05-16-2012, 09:46 PM

and he has that time because there is only one known Osweilerite, and I doubt he's putting up a billboard.

Vegas_Bronco
05-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Lol...Mark is a con artist...he just reiterated exactly what Gruden said in his qb spotlight with osweilwer...nice try espn.

Houshyamama
05-17-2012, 12:17 AM

There's nothing in common between them, have you even watched them?

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-17-2012, 06:17 AM
There's nothing in common between them, have you even watched them?

1. They're both tall.

/end of list

socalorado
05-17-2012, 07:45 AM

Me too. I can only pray Osweiller turns out to be Bledsoe-like!
That would be a HUGE WIN for DEN!

Pony Boy
05-17-2012, 07:58 AM
I have a hard time trusting the opinion of a guy that likes to pee his pants.

BroncoBen
05-17-2012, 08:04 AM

Yeah, I used to think the same thing about Schlereth.. but then I heard an interview with him and he talked about how football was in his past and he had many good years. Now he is a football analyst and will talk about things as he sees it, doesn't mean he owes anything to any past teams, players or coaches.

Sounded like he meant it.. I can respect that.

BroncoBeavis
05-17-2012, 08:13 AM
Me too. I can only pray Osweiller turns out to be Bledsoe-like!
That would be a HUGE WIN for DEN!

49% completion in his first year. 15 TD's. 15 INT's. 65 QBR.

Wouldn't last a year on this autopilot championship program. :)

socalorado
05-17-2012, 08:16 AM
49% completion in his first year. 15 TD's. 15 INT's. 65 QBR.

Wouldn't last a year on this autopilot championship program. :)

I would still take a Bledsoe-like player in Osweiller.

BroncoBeavis
05-17-2012, 08:59 AM

You probably don't want to look at year 3 then. It's even worse.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 09:23 AM
1. They're both tall.

/end of list

Both get sacked a ton... both throw a bunch of INT... and worst... the clutch type INT. They aren't very good decision makers.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 09:27 AM
Even if Brock turns better than Bledseo... which I hope... I can't believe people here would actually like a QB like Bledsoe. In his best passing season (1994) when he threw for a bunch of yard... he managed 25 TD... but led the league with 27 INT!. Yeah... that sure is awesome!

DBroncos4life
05-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Even if Brock turns better than Bledseo... which I hope... I can't believe people here would actually like a QB like Bledsoe. In his best passing season (1994) when he threw for a bunch of yard... he managed 25 TD... but led the league with 27 INT!. Yeah... that sure is awesome!

There are worse QBs he could end up like that is the point.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 09:32 AM

In reality, Bledsoe was a volume quarterback who threw a lot of passes, but was rather inefficient during his 14-year career. This is further evidenced by a career completion percentage of 57.2, a QB rating of 77.1, 206 interceptions in 193 starts and just 6.6 yards per pass attempt.

Oh... and he couldn't win constantly...

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 09:37 AM
There are worse QBs he could end up like that is the point.

Agree... but people going gaga over having someone like Bledsoe (even if Brock ends up being anything like him) has me worried of our fanbase. Both dudes can't dodge sacks... and tend to throw INT at the worst time.

End of the line... Bledsoe will forever be remembered for being the QB that got replaced by Brady. All it took was for a 6th round QB to show a 1st round QB that you don't need to throw 400 yards a game to win games. Just play smart... find the open receiver and be clutch!

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 09:38 AM

I would like none of them... and maybe would take Carr over them. He got screw on a team with no weapons or Oline.

Bacchus
05-17-2012, 09:51 AM
I would like none of them... and maybe would take Carr over them. He got screw on a team with no weapons or Oline.

I have watched a lot of Carr's games and I have to disagree. he Oline was not hte best but he can not read the field, he is hesitant and holds on to the ball too long. He has poor decision making skills and just can't get himself to pull the trigger.

Tombstone RJ
05-17-2012, 11:00 AM
Kiss of death -- the Schlereth endorsement.

pretty much. Marky has been wrong a lot about the Broncos.

socalorado
05-17-2012, 11:21 AM
You probably don't want to look at year 3 then. It's even worse.

jutang
05-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Bledsoe stats are not as impressive in part to the era he played. Not quite Elways time, but not Manning and Bradys pass happy rules either.

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Bledsoe stats are not as impressive in part to the era he played. Not quite Elways time, but not Manning and Bradys pass happy rules either.

So? Brady replaces him and wins 3 SB in the next 4 years with below average passing numbers all around the board.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Agree... but people going gaga over having someone like Bledsoe (even if Brock ends up being anything like him) has me worried of our fanbase. Both dudes can't dodge sacks... and tend to throw INT at the worst time.

End of the line... Bledsoe will forever be remembered for being the QB that got replaced by Brady. All it took was for a 6th round QB to show a 1st round QB that you don't need to throw 400 yards a game to win games. Just play smart... find the open receiver and be clutch!

has anyone really gone "gaga" over Osweiler? He's going to have 2-3 years minimum to learn the pro game and hopefully be further along than when Bledsoe took over a team that went 1-15 before he got there. He's got a strong arm and a quick release, and Elway sees something in him.

That's not "going gaga" over him. He plays for our team now, and I'm glad he's here and hope he can develop. That's all.

BroncoBeavis
05-17-2012, 12:34 PM
At least maybe we'll get some top notch bloggin' out of the deal.

Http://tonyhomo.com/

BroncoBeavis
05-17-2012, 12:39 PM

You mean like the mid-2000s when he couldn't hold off undrafted Tony Romo. Yeah. It was a different era back 'den. :)

Heyneck
05-17-2012, 12:42 PM
has anyone really gone "gaga" over Osweiler? He's going to have 2-3 years minimum to learn the pro game and hopefully be further along than when Bledsoe took over a team that went 1-15 before he got there. He's got a strong arm and a quick release, and Elway sees something in him.

That's not "going gaga" over him. He plays for our team now, and I'm glad he's here and hope he can develop. That's all.

I think you missed the threads the last couple of days. The training camp video one or the other one's whose title name I can't remember. Some really disturbing things... someone even said that when it's all done he would be better than Luck and Griffin. Go look it up... I am not lying.

Powderaddict
05-17-2012, 02:23 PM
What the hell does Bledsoe have to do with Osweiler?

Os has a great situation here. I hope he makes the most of it and solidifies the QB position after Manning retires - but at this point, none of us know how he will turn out, do we?

DBroncos4life
05-17-2012, 03:06 PM
I think you missed the threads the last couple of days. The training camp video one or the other one's whose title name I can't remember. Some really disturbing things... someone even said that when it's all done he would be better than Luck and Griffin. Go look it up... I am not lying.

Yeah some dude that joined a week ago to troll. Way to use that as your defense is weak.