PDA

View Full Version : Denver Broncos: Three Training Camp Battles to Watch

FootballCorner
05-16-2012, 05:41 AM
The free agency period is dwindling down and the NFL draft has passed. Most NFL teams have made the bulk of their moves although some will add players to cover injuries and to improve competition and roster depth. Teams will move into offseason training and the opening of many training camps will begin in late July. It is time to take a look at the top three position battles for the Denver Broncos.

Cont: http://voices.yahoo.com/denver-broncos-three-training-camp-battles-watch-11337630.html?cat=14

backup qb
05-16-2012, 05:47 AM
No mention of Chris Harris? Way to do your homework.

broncogary
05-16-2012, 06:04 AM
No mention of Chris Harris? Way to do your homework.

Vaughn Cassius? Hilarious!

Dr. Broncenstein
05-16-2012, 07:02 AM
Interior Oline.

JLesSPE
05-16-2012, 07:16 AM
Interior Oline.

That's a good battle along with MLB. I'd put either of those ahead of TE. I don't see TE being much of a battle. The biggest battle at TE is who can stay healthy the longest.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 07:48 AM
There are going to be a lot of intriguing battles.

1. The secondary and who wins which spot from 2-6.
2. The interior defensive line and how that shapes up.
3. The offensive line. Can Blake win a starting job.
4. The Running backs battling for time.

theAPAOps5
05-16-2012, 08:02 AM
If you are trying to get a step ahead on camp stories then get your facts right!

Gcver2ver3
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM

I dont think safety is decided yet either...

BroncoBen
05-16-2012, 08:12 AM

I think the secondary and RBs are going to sort out quickly.. especially at RB. It will be McGahee and Ronnie Hillman, 1a and 1b.

The question for me is the offensive line and defensive line, in particular the Guards.

Hopefully Chris Kuper comes back healthy.. and where will Phillip Blake end up playing Guard or Center.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-16-2012, 08:29 AM
Wonder how healthy Ryan Harris will be. Could open up all kinds of possibilities if he could stay on the field.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 08:41 AM

I gave my opinion of the top four. There are plenty of spots with competition battles.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 08:52 AM

I did say secondary as a generic term and not just corners.. But I think the starters are Adams at FS, Carter at SS.. So their could be some depth battles for two spots.. Between Moore, Bush, Bruton, Ihenacho.

Bigdawg26
05-16-2012, 09:00 AM
I'm pretty sure that Decker and Thomas are the starting WR's. However, I do think the safety spot is not a lock. I think if Moore can show up with more bulk and confident he could take the FS spot again and more Carter into his natural SS spot. Also, I think Blake could challenge Walton for the center spot. Nickel and dime back with Harris, Florence, Bolden, and maybe Vaughn and Sydie. And 2 running back with Fannin and Johnson (who are going to make some noise) to challenge Hillman (who is already the 3rd down back).

Gcver2ver3
05-16-2012, 09:05 AM
I gave my opinion of the top four. There are plenty of spots with competition battles.

I wasnt correcting you, i was just adding to the list...

Gcver2ver3
05-16-2012, 09:06 AM
I did say secondary as a generic term and not just corners.. But I think the starters are Adams at FS, Carter at SS.. So their could be some depth battles for two spots.. Between Moore, Bush, Bruton, Ihenacho.

Starting safety isnt decided yet...

There will be competition...

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
Starting safety isnt decided yet...

There will be competition...

Is Moore competing with Carter for SS? I think Adams in penciled in at FS..?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-16-2012, 09:14 AM
What happens if Adams hamstring twinges? Or Carter's? On the surface safety seems OK but of anyone goes down there isn't much depth unless one of the corners makes a position switch?

Gcver2ver3
05-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Is Moore competing with Carter for SS? I think Adams in penciled in at FS..?

Carter played both free and strong safety last year... but as you probably already know, carter's natural spot is ss...

Adams will compete for the starting free safety position right away but rahim moore will be given a chance in camp to compete for the starting free safety spot also...

With dawkinsl retiring it looks like carter is in good position for stong safety but with all the retreads still available in free agency... my guess is another body is brought in to spark competition there as well..

Heyneck
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
Wonder how healthy Ryan Harris will be. Could open up all kinds of possibilities if he could stay on the field.

Wont happen. Lets move on and develop young, injury free players. He is great depth if healthy though!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Well we won't have to watch Haggan competing. He can superman wiff dive miss tackles for the rams now.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-16-2012, 10:06 AM
Wont happen. Lets move on and develop young, injury free players. He is great depth if healthy though!

Injuries have taken a toll on Harris. It wasn't that long ago this Oline had clady and Harris as kids, and the Oline giving up only 12 sacks all year. That 2008 Oline was damn good. Least penalized and least amount of sacks given up in the league. Harris then got hit with the injury bug, while McD shipped Weigmann to KC so they could have the best Rushing Oline that following year.

ludo21
05-16-2012, 10:11 AM
Battles all over the field on our team.

Really the only positions locked are:
QB
LT
1 and 2 WR
CB - Bailey
WLB - DJ
SLB - VON
DE - DOOM

Dr. Broncenstein
05-16-2012, 10:19 AM
DJ is a lock?

canadianbroncosfan
05-16-2012, 10:27 AM
There is no mention of Tebow competing with Manning, not a true OMane thread.

Seriously though, I don't think top WR is really a competition, both Decker and Thomas will deliver in big ways.

I would also think at this point that the two starting CB positions will be Bailey/Porter

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 10:52 AM
Carter played both free and strong safety last year... but as you probably already know, carter's natural spot is ss...

Adams will compete for the starting free safety position right away but rahim moore will be given a chance in camp to compete for the starting free safety spot also...

With dawkinsl retiring it looks like carter is in good position for stong safety but with all the retreads still available in free agency... my guess is another body is brought in to spark competition there as well..

Yerimiah Bell at SS?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-16-2012, 10:55 AM
Battles all over the field on our team.

Really the only positions locked are:
QB
LT
1 and 2 WR
CB - Bailey
WLB - DJ
SLB - VON
DE - DOOM

So what youre saying is....Colquitt doesn't have the position locked up

Lestat
05-16-2012, 10:56 AM
every sport not manned by Peyton,Champ,Von,Clady,Prater,Colquitt or Doom will be a camp battle.

DivineLegion
05-16-2012, 11:33 AM
Awful article.

Three battles to watch:

DT
LB
CB

Almost all of our key battles are on defense. CB because of the depth and youth, DT because of the uncertainty and lack of continuity at the position, and LB because of two gaping holes at Mike and Will linebacker.

Rabb
05-16-2012, 11:35 AM
I am on pins and needles about our punting situation, personally

Bigdawg26
05-16-2012, 11:44 AM

I really hope Moore gets his job back at FS. He was pretty good before he lost his confidence. Also, it would be pretty sweet to see a nice young pair of homegrown safeties together (Moore at FS and Carter at SS).

Lestat
05-16-2012, 11:53 AM
honestly, if Moore doesn't pan out it will be the most disappointed i've been in a draft pick ever. the dude has such talent and potential but he has to take better angles, actually learn to properly tackle and have a short memory.

he is too good not to be a top flight FS in this league.

ludo21
05-16-2012, 11:55 AM

or Prater

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-16-2012, 12:06 PM
Assuming Moreno is still on the team I think RB is a position that will be competitive. Hillman will show Moreno the basics, while Fannin is going to open eyes.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-16-2012, 12:07 PM
I watched Moore all the time in the pac10. He didn't know how to tackle then, and still doesn't now.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 12:12 PM
I watched Moore all the time in the pac10. He didn't know how to tackle then, and still doesn't now.

A second round pick on a career back-up.. Hmmm

Lestat
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM

oh i remember, but i figured he'd at least get better at it considering in college if you don't tackle it's a nice gain and someone catches up to him and make a tackle. in the NFL if you miss that tackle the QB puts it on the money so much that it's 6 and you're on sportscenter top 10 in a bad way.

Deion Sanders was the only DB that could get away with not tackling. and he's no Deion so he better get with it.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 12:20 PM
oh i remember, but i figured he'd at least get better at it considering in college if you don't tackle it's a nice gain and someone catches up to him and make a tackle. in the NFL if you miss that tackle the QB puts it on the money so much that it's 6 and you're on sportscenter top 10 in a bad way.

Deion Sanders was the only DB that could get away with not tackling. and he's no Deion so he better get with it.

What are Moores actual strong suits and talents?

Lestat
05-16-2012, 12:29 PM
What are Moores actual strong suits and talents?

it's supposed to be coverage and ball skills. he can pick off passes like a highly talented CB.

that was his deal coming into the draft. he's not going to tackle but he will help greatly in coverage, bail out your CB and when the QB makes a mistake he'll force a turnover.

his tackling issues are why he fell so far, he was the #1 safety on the board and acknowledged as such by almost everyone. that's why everyone was so exited about the combo of Moore and Carter. one hits and tackles like a mother at SS, the other covers like a fiend and forces turnovers. they offset the others weakness.

Baba Booey
05-16-2012, 12:41 PM
Carter should be the starter at SS right off the bat, no question.

FS should be Adams with (hopefully) Moore pushing for playing time.

broncswin
05-16-2012, 02:31 PM

and so it begins...play on fellas...play on :~ohyah!: