PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow's mechanics impress Jets' quarterbacks coach

BroncoBen
05-15-2012, 01:05 PM
Tim Tebow's mechanics have been criticized since he came out of college. But Jets quarterback coach Matt Cavanaugh isn't one of them.

I think he can be very good, Cavanaugh told Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News. I was pleasantly surprised when I saw him over an extended period of time . . . not just watching him play on film. I think hes certainly got the arm strength. He has good mechanics. Theyre getting better every day.

I think with Tim, hes more focused right now in the offseason on just working on the fundamentals of trying to be rhythmic in the pocket, Cavanaugh said. So (he) can be using the mechanics that (he) wants to be using. We started to toy a little bit with some of the other things that will happen to you . . . And hes shown great progress. Im real pleased with him.

Cavanaugh has been impressed with Tebows work ethic from the first day.

He doesnt let a day go by when hes not focused on trying to get better at something, Cavanaugh said. When youre in that role as a backup, you take every rep, every drill, every offseason practice or meeting to get better. . . . The playing time? Nobody knows how much its going to be. So I dont think we worry about that.

TheReverend
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Sigh...

Mogulseeker
05-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Haven't you heard? Brock Osweiler's mechanics have improved more than Tebow's, in just one offseason... as evidenced by the recent minicamp videos.

oubronco
05-15-2012, 01:32 PM
Who cares

OrangeCrush2724
05-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Oh man, we should have kept him! :~ohyah!:

broncosteven
05-15-2012, 01:40 PM
Cavanaugh has done such stellar work with Sanchez, we should believe him!

Rabb
05-15-2012, 01:43 PM
Who cares

^5

broncswin
05-15-2012, 01:45 PM

this...was thinking the exact same thing half way through the article...Hilarious!Hilarious!

Drunk Monkey
05-15-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh noes..... I feared we made the wrong move. My worst fears have now been confirmed. We are doomed Dooooomed!!!!!!!

Hercules Rockefeller
05-15-2012, 01:51 PM
How often do the Jets plan to throw from a punt formation?

WolfpackGuy
05-15-2012, 01:57 PM
All those years under Billick in Baltimore obviously make Cavanaugh an expert on great QB play.

Drek
05-15-2012, 02:00 PM

I didn't realize it was a QB coach's job to fix an epic case of being a little bitch.

Sanchez' mechanics are fine, he's just a pussy who doesn't have any fight in him. He's been handed success up to this point and now he's unable to cope with real adversity.

Tebow is going to take his job by mid-season and never look back.

bronco militia
05-15-2012, 02:02 PM
lmao...I think we just found out what's wrong with Mark Sanchez.

Turd_Ferguson
05-15-2012, 02:07 PM
I didn't realize it was a QB coach's job to fix an epic case of being a little b****.

Sanchez' mechanics are fine, he's just a p***Y who doesn't have any fight in him. He's been handed success up to this point and now he's unable to cope with real adversity.

Tebow is going to take his job by mid-season and never look back.

Yea cause Tebow never had anything handed to him. Oh wait unless you remember that time that the Broncos let him play QB all year and completely restructured the offense to fit his ****ty playing style, even know he hadn't earned the position, because the fans were really wanted to see him...

**** Tebow.

GreatBronco16
05-15-2012, 02:10 PM
Yea cause Tebow never had anything handed to him. Oh wait unless you remember that time that the Broncos let him play QB all year and completely restructured the offense to fit his ****ty playing style, even know he hadn't earned the position, because the fans were really wanted to see him...

**** Tebow.

Yeah, and off to the playoffs we went going 1-1. But yeah, **** Tebow.

KO5K
05-15-2012, 02:14 PM

**** Tebow.

Fans > EFX.

Stagger Lee
05-15-2012, 02:19 PM
Who cares

This. I thoroughly enjoyed last year, but it's time to move forward with our HOF qb, and stop worrying about the Jets backup.

canadianbroncosfan
05-15-2012, 02:22 PM
This. I thoroughly enjoyed last year, but it's time to move forward with our HOF qb, and stop worrying about the Jets backup.

This

/end thread

GangGreen is accepting new members.

Pendejo
05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah, and off to the playoffs we went going 1-1. But yeah, **** Tebow.

And put up huge numbers in their win.

I would have been happy to roll with Tebow, but I don't have a problem with Elway making the moves he did either. Manning changes the whole dynamic of the team (I'm buying in to his being healthy.)...it's intriguing.

Pick Six
05-15-2012, 02:41 PM
Of course he has good throwing mechanics. He doesn't have a defender trying to kill him. Pressure makes QBs do weird things...