PDA

View Full Version : Your Favorite Apps

Doggcow
05-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I use Android, just got my first one, had a ****ty **** blackberry before.

Mostly I've been using it to kill time, with games.

What do you all use like crazy?

Me:

Game: Temple Run
Apps: HBO Go, Soundhound, Netflix, Skype, Thuzz, Evernote, Dropbox/Google Dropbox.

Nothing too fancy, since I just started, hence why I'm looking for more that I might not know of :)

bfoflcommish
05-15-2012, 12:04 PM
spotify or pandora (i prefer spotify by 100000% though)
passerqb (very fun flick football passing game) (im on iphone dont know if its on droid)
wood camera
draw something (free version though, not worth the 1.99)
5-0 radio pro (police scanner for all around country)

alkemical
05-15-2012, 12:31 PM
I'm going to be getting a Lumina 900 here soon - so i'll let ya know what windows phone apps I like.

I have winphone 6.5 - and love office 2010 & Bing.

Chris
05-15-2012, 01:18 PM
I much prefer the browser to apps. I use soundhound and that's about it.

Drunk Monkey
05-15-2012, 01:23 PM
Some that haven't been mentioned Google Talk, Kindle, Dolphin Browser,

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-15-2012, 01:26 PM
The Kenny powers app!

DupeAccount
05-15-2012, 02:32 PM
If you're into the word games, everyone has to have their run with Scramble with friends, words with friends, and hanging with friends though your friends might have already had their run of them. I'm still on Scramble, personally.

I like Defender II for a game to burn some time. It might be the one giving me annoying alerts all the time, though.

I think I use QQplayer for watching movies or shows I've downloaded. Just put up on your miniSD.

Everyone has to give Angry Birds a go if you haven't.

Yelp App for all your food consumin' needs.

I think that's about what I use. After that, look up anything you do on a phone and it can probably be done easier through an app.

lolcopter
05-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Ski safari for ios is awesome

Que
05-15-2012, 04:13 PM
I don't know if these are out on Android but here are my favs:

Travel
Worldmate Gold (if you travel)
Hotels.com
Kayak
Yelp

Other Goodies
Spotify - love it love it love it
Infinity Blade II
Expensify - OMG, if you have to do expense reports this will change your life
Dropbox - already mentioned
Kindle

schaaf
05-15-2012, 04:39 PM
My iPhone 4 is jailbroken, my favorite is probably installous followed by cydia

maher_tyler
05-15-2012, 06:23 PM
I use Android, just got my first one, had a ****ty **** blackberry before.

Mostly I've been using it to kill time, with games.

What do you all use like crazy?

Me:

Game: Temple Run
Apps: HBO Go, Soundhound, Netflix, Skype, Thuzz, Evernote, Dropbox/Google Dropbox.

Nothing too fancy, since I just started, hence why I'm looking for more that I might not know of :)

TuneIn Radio, Sirius Sat radio, ESPN, Facebook, Chase...

Doggcow
05-15-2012, 06:42 PM
If you're into the word games, everyone has to have their run with Scramble with friends, words with friends, and hanging with friends though your friends might have already had their run of them. I'm still on Scramble, personally.

I like Defender II for a game to burn some time. It might be the one giving me annoying alerts all the time, though.

I think I use QQplayer for watching movies or shows I've downloaded. Just put up on your miniSD.

Everyone has to give Angry Birds a go if you haven't.

Yelp App for all your food consumin' needs.

I think that's about what I use. After that, look up anything you do on a phone and it can probably be done easier through an app.

I have a One S, so no expandable memory.

I wanted it for the camera mainly. Since I work for T-Mo, I get unlimited high speed data, the memory is a non issue :D

Broncoman13
05-15-2012, 07:02 PM
SkyVi

Tell your phone to do whatever you want. "Call Taco John" two seconds later and Taco's phone is ringing. "Remind me to change the oil on Friday May 18th" two seconds later, I have a calendar event with reminder to change the oil. Text messages... "text Montrose, what do you think of the draft?", gives me three seconds to cancel in case it misinterpreted and then sends a text to Raj!

Droid's version of Siri.

maher_tyler
05-15-2012, 07:07 PM

Forgot to add those to my list...

errand
05-15-2012, 07:17 PM
There is the Denver Broncos app...a must for all fans

Bronco Boy
05-15-2012, 08:54 PM
There is the Denver Broncos app...a must for all fans

"Does the app screw up the draft too?" - Agamemnon

Aftermath
05-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Best game : Kingdom Rush HD
Apps: Tune in radio, wikipanion, flipboard, poynt, apple remote

Denv3Gamer
05-15-2012, 11:43 PM
my GPS app lol for when I get lost

Swedish Extrovert
05-16-2012, 12:08 AM
http://yoga.maxupdates.tv/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Hard-Tail-Yoga-Pants.jpg

Swedish Extrovert
05-16-2012, 12:09 AM
Oh, you said apps

My bad.

errand
05-16-2012, 05:02 AM
"Does the app screw up the draft too?" - Agamemnon

LOL ...."I don't think so Tim.."

Kaylore
05-16-2012, 06:40 AM
Make sure you get some good emulator apps. I am playing Final Fantasy Tactics on FPse. I prefer the Opera web browser to the default android one. Also like Open Table, Wikidroid, Pulse and ES File Explorer just to name a few.

It Aps for Mormons are pretty awesome too. Gospel Library has the entire set of scriptures and any magazines and talks going back forever for free. LDS Tools is the online stake directory. No more waiting for the printed ones.

Kaylore
05-16-2012, 06:44 AM
Oh yes, and everyone needs to get Air Push detector if an App is sending you add notifications. I had a dorky Magic 8 ball app I loaded for fun one evening and forgot about and the spam began.

Requiem
05-16-2012, 07:18 AM
I use a phone to call people.

BroncoBen
05-16-2012, 07:36 AM
I use a phone to call people.

:thanku: Thank you....

Dutch
05-16-2012, 08:36 AM
Got a few (Ok, several) I am very pleased with (these have all been running for a while now on my Galaxy Note/non rooted AT&T with no problems, i.e. locking):

Systems management:
Auto Memory Manager (self expanatory)
History Eraser (Cache manager)
Lookout (security)
Juice Defender (battery/power management)

Tools/Utilities:
aDownloader (native bit torrent downloader for Android)
Bump (file sharing between mobile devices by just "bumping" phones....no kidding, it works great)
Camscanner (scans docs/whiteboards/whatever and converts to a PDF)
Dolphin Browser HD (best replacement browser I've found so far)
doubleTwist (move your iTunes library/playlists from PC to Android with no hassles)
Fing (network device/ip analyzer, I need for my job...but it is pretty cool)
Flashlight (self explanatory, but handy none the less)
FoxFi (turns your Android phone into a hotspot, no rooting or tethering plan required)
Key Ring (save all loyalty, library, etc cards that use barcode and get them out of your wallet)
Music Volume EQ (cleans up music output from phone, works especially well with a portable BlueTooth speaker I've got)
Pocket (save articles, websites, videos, etc for offline viewing...especially nice for assembling content to view while flying)
Speed Test (just flat out works)
Translate (my wife used this one in AsiaPac last month and it worked great for her)
Wifi Analyzer (again a work tool, but useful at home to set up/optimize your own home wifi net and locate free WiFi networks when on the go)

Organization/productivity/helpful:
Anydo (nice easy "honeydo" type list app....think of it as a quick notepad like you would keep in the kitchen)
First Aid (nuff said, better than the Red Cross appp)
Google Maps (the best out there, bar none)
Out of Milk (good grocery/shopping list maker)
Pulse (great ap that collects and organizes select/customizable media for easy viewing)
Radar Now (nearest National Weather Service radar, real time)
WebMD (again, nuff said)
Wikipedia
Yelp

Entertainment/fun:
Angry Birds Space
Broncos (official site sponsored by Verizon)
Denver Post
Fandango
Google Goggles (pretty cool, especially downtown)
Google Sky Map (it isn't as good as Skywalk on the iPad, but is the best on Android right now)
IMDb
JeepForum (best Jeep owners site on the Web, now portable)
NASA (official app for Android users, just for BroncoSteven)
Netfix
Osmos (probably the coolest game I've played on my phone to this point, trippy and relaxing...but fun as hell)
Scoremobile (sports scores only)
Scanner Radio (emergency, police, fire....I'm still doing Search and Rescue volunteer work on and off)
Sirius Sat Radio (too cool that I can now use it on my phone, have had it in my Jeep for years)
TED Air (the most Android friendly TED Talks browser I've found to date)
The Week (free content every week)
YP Mobile (bloatware from AT&T, but does have a great cheap gas-finder tool that is both accurate and complete)

That's pretty much my current phone outside of Banking Apps and stock Android stuff.....These are apps that will be on here for a while as they do what they do very, very well.

chadta
05-16-2012, 12:24 PM

sbsettings,color keyboard, barrel, most importantly, 3g unrestrictor, had to explain to my boss the other day why i could use facetime driving down the road but he lost his soon as he lost his wifi.

onkotron, remote for my living room tuner, and tom tom

Powderaddict
05-16-2012, 12:47 PM
Star Legends is a fun MMOPG
Listen is a good podcatcher (Hoping OM podcast will have an RSS feed it would be much easier to download through Listen on my phone!)
Tweetcaster if you use twitter
104.3 The Fan if you want to listen live
Nteflix

Those are the apps I use the most.

Requiem
05-16-2012, 12:54 PM
:thanku: Thank you....

Yeah, no worries. I'm opting out of my contract with Sprint (more than likely) and going back to a pay as you go plan. The cost for phones and plans are just absurd. Don't need any of the new stuff. 1000 minutes, 1000 texts ~ 30 bucks. I could care less if my phone can let me play ping pong.

Personally, anyone who is on their cell phone while driving (talking or texting) should be strung up in the gallows.

Actually, their license should be suspended six months for first offense. A year for the second. Three strikes, you are done driving. I was almost hit three times driving to see my grandparents today by people on their phones who didn't signal lane switches because they are on their ****ing phones.

Slay them all.

Drunk Monkey
05-16-2012, 01:07 PM
Listen is a good podcatcher (Hoping OM podcast will have an RSS feed it would be much easier to download through Listen on my phone!)
Nteflix

love that app, great for us non Denver guys. Listen to it everyday on the way home during football season.

Crushaholic
05-16-2012, 01:32 PM
I remember when phones were used to call people...:olddude:

Requiem
05-16-2012, 01:33 PM

Damn straight!!!

Crushaholic
05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Damn straight!!!

^^^ LOL I didn't see that you said the same thing...

Doggcow
05-16-2012, 01:41 PM
I just found a game called Defender II, it has a multiplayer too. TONS OF FUN

Requiem
05-16-2012, 01:52 PM
^^^ LOL I didn't see that you said the same thing...

No worries brother. My kids may never get cell phones. I think it is sick and pathetic that I have cousins who are 2 playing on ipads and ****. **** that noise. I'm gonna make m kids liEarn how to plants trees and grow gardenS.

There isn't an App for that bitches!!!

DBroncos4life
05-16-2012, 02:04 PM

Voxer is way cooler then calling people.

chadta
05-16-2012, 02:53 PM
No worries brother. My kids may never get cell phones. I think it is sick and pathetic that I have cousins who are 2 playing on ipads and ****. **** that noise. I'm gonna make m kids liEarn how to plants trees and grow gardenS.

There isn't an App for that b****es!!!

there is so

virtual garden, and im just totally guessing here, but my kids have apps to make pizzas and cupcakes, and grow fish tanks and what not, so i would think they can garden.

I look at it this way, im ok with my kids playing on the ipods, or the wii, or xbox or whatever, but the first time they say no to going outside that they want to stay in and do it, they know that they are gone, my kids are now 8 and 11 and fully understand what the deal is, and they jump at the chance to go outside and play, so its all good.

Los Broncos
05-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Dolphin browser

Weed maps

REI app

Movie app (forget what its called)

Requiem
05-16-2012, 03:21 PM
there is so

virtual garden, and im just totally guessing here, but my kids have apps to make pizzas and cupcakes, and grow fish tanks and what not, so i would think they can garden.

I look at it this way, im ok with my kids playing on the ipods, or the wii, or xbox or whatever, but the first time they say no to going outside that they want to stay in and do it, they know that they are gone, my kids are now 8 and 11 and fully understand what the deal is, and they jump at the chance to go outside and play, so its all good.

My point is that having an app that can show that will never replace one-on-one learning with a child and instilling those things in it. An app may tell you to plant some potatoes and radishes, but it won't enable or by hand give you experience to do it.

People would rather pacify their kids with technology than actually be parents.

Goobzilla
05-16-2012, 04:02 PM
Tapatalk Cough Taco Cough

NBC Sports Talk
Ebay official app
Flick Kick Field Goal

chadta
05-16-2012, 04:18 PM

ive been asking for this for like 2 years

houghtam
05-16-2012, 04:22 PM
My point is that having an app that can show that will never replace one-on-one learning with a child and instilling those things in it. An app may tell you to plant some potatoes and radishes, but it won't enable or by hand give you experience to do it.

People would rather pacify their kids with technology than actually be parents.

It's true. My favorite app is Hardee's Rifle and Light Infantry Tactics (animated!). But nothing will replace being able to actually get outside and go through School of the Soldier with my son.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Appstart is great for people starting out or for finding great apps

Dutch
05-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Nteflix

Just added this one, thanks for that.

schaaf
05-16-2012, 08:41 PM
sbsettings,color keyboard, barrel, most importantly, 3g unrestrictor, had to explain to my boss the other day why i could use facetime driving down the road but he lost his soon as he lost his wifi.

onkotron, remote for my living room tuner, and tom tom

ive got most of them, im gonna have to get 3g unrestrictor, im gonna look into onkotron but im not sure if i really have any devices that it would be useful for.

I love having it jailbroken but once i get some stuff on there it really starts to slow it down.

bfoflcommish
05-17-2012, 07:11 AM

NBC Sports Talk
Ebay official app
Flick Kick Field Goal

love flick kick fg also, but once i got the flick qbpasser i was hooked more.

Kaylore
05-17-2012, 07:14 AM
Just added this one, thanks for that.

TuneIn Radio does the same thing for all the stations. If you buy premium, you can record and edit segments.

bfoflcommish
05-17-2012, 07:19 AM
TuneIn Radio does the same thing for all the stations. If you buy premium, you can record and edit segments.

bose internet radio is good as well, can choose from alot of locations including many overseas

chadta
05-17-2012, 02:36 PM
ive got most of them, im gonna have to get 3g unrestrictor, im gonna look into onkotron but im not sure if i really have any devices that it would be useful for.

I love having it jailbroken but once i get some stuff on there it really starts to slow it down.

onkotron is specific for onkyo recievers, and is one of the big reason i got the amp i did.

my 4s flys even with it being jailbroken

underrated29
05-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Android Booster....best app ever...
Yeah it does battery stuff, but constantly closes down apps that turn on, deletes caches and memory, monitors all the apps and stuff you download in case of viruses. Couldnt live without this app, and it runs silently in the background. My droid x2 usually only ever gets as low as 70% battery even working on my phone all day.

Games-
unblock me
air control
aparatus
archipelago
mostly thinking and strategy games

App2sd- takes all the apps and music and stuff and stores it on your google account to free up space on your phone.

Handsent sms- better for texting than stock app, and it has the secret vault for numbers I dont want people to see or whatever (hides texts and conversations as well)

QR scanner
and
MP3 music downloader

There is one app where you can humm the tune of a song and it will tell you what it is but I forgot what its called.

lolcopter
05-17-2012, 04:28 PM
There is one app where you can humm the tune of a song and it will tell you what it is but I forgot what its called.

sound hound ?

cmhargrove
05-17-2012, 08:11 PM
I'm an iPhone user, but lately I have been addicted to "Discovr Music.". That's correct, there is no e in Discovr. It is an absolutely addictive app if you like finding out every bit of info about your favorite music artists, then being able to find similar groups. The amount of info is just staggering.

Anyway, I don't know if it is also an Android app, but definitely worth a look.

I also use "Dermandar Panorama" quite a bit for taking and posting 360 degree photos. Your vacation photos were never quite as interesting as taking a seamless 360 degree photo. You can also post them directly to the web so your friends and family can view them in 360. It's easy to use and works like a dream.