PDA

View Full Version : Minicamp video report

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 02:05 PM
This covers the 1st day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IIE2SM9AsfA&feature=plcp

Now that Brock has corrected his low release point and he's getting better velocity and accuracy on his throws I think he'll be a better qb in the long run than both Luck and RG3. Although Griffins speed really intrigues me particularly if Shanny gets creative with him.

TheReverend
05-12-2012, 02:20 PM
We are getting WAY too over the top on Osweiler... in both the positive and negative directions.

Lots of absurd claims from both sides of the fence that I guarantee people weren't making pre-draft day.

Broncobiv
05-12-2012, 02:23 PM
Now that Brock has corrected his low release point and he's getting better velocity and accuracy on his throws I think he'll be a better qb in the long run than both Luck and RG3.
Wow!! LOL

DarkHorse
05-12-2012, 02:25 PM
We should just trade Manning for a GM - Osweiller is a win now QB

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 02:25 PM
We are getting WAY too over the top on Osweiler... in both the positive and negative directions.

Lots of absurd claims from both sides of the fence that I guarantee people weren't making pre-draft day.

What's wrong with having a little FAITH Reverend?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-12-2012, 02:28 PM
What's wrong with having a little FAITH Reverend?

A little faith is one thing, outright delusion is another. Let's just hope he progresses into the next level smoothly before comparing success with Luck

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 02:30 PM
We should just trade Manning for a GM - Osweiller is a win now QB

Slow down a bit there darkhorse!

I agree with you that Brock, in time, will likely be better than Peyton but for the next year or two Manning will probably be the superior quarterback. It'll take at least that long for Oz to get up to his full potential. After that it's Katey bar the door on the kid-- unlimited potential is what I've been hearing.

I like your enthusiasm though. Just pepper it with a touch of realism and we'll be on the same page my friend! :)

Punisher
05-12-2012, 02:31 PM
<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IIE2SM9AsfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Mogulseeker
05-12-2012, 02:33 PM
This covers the 1st day.

Now that Brock has corrected his low release point and he's getting better velocity and accuracy on his throws I think he'll be a better qb in the long run than both Luck and RG3. Although Griffins speed really intrigues me particularly if Shanny gets creative with him.

WOW! That's a bold, 1% minority right there.

Mogulseeker
05-12-2012, 02:35 PM

I agree with you that Brock, in time, will likely be better than Peyton but for the next year or two Manning will probably be the superior quarterback. It'll take at least that long for Oz to get up to his full potential. After that it's Katey bar the door on the kid-- unlimited potential is what I've been hearing.

I like your enthusiasm though. Just pepper it with a touch of realism and we'll be on the same page my friend! :)

You realize that Peyton is currently the 3rd all-time passer behind Favre and Marino?

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 02:37 PM
A little faith is one thing, outright delusion is another. Let's just hope he progresses into the next level smoothly before comparing success with Luck

I was where you are now not too long ago. Trying hard not to get too excited over Brock. Then I stumbled onto the Gruden video and saw how much he was gushing over him. And how Brock had a nice smile and some good old fashioned fast talking for any questions asked of him

Seemed to me it was destiny that Elway drafted him. Because when you look at Brock with that rare combination of arm strength, size, mobility, handsomeness and power what qb first comes to mind---

Elway of course!

My suggestion to ya is to pop a steaming bowl of popcorn with your favorite seasonings, take a Dr Pepper out of the fridge then sit down and watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpKGM9FCyxg

Then you'll be one of us.

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 02:41 PM
You realize that Peyton is currently the 3rd all-time passer behind Favre and Marino?

Yeah, that's why I was trying to calm down darkhorse.

Brock's gonna be a great one but it'll take hard work and at least a couple of years before he can be talked at as equal to the top boys.

Nothing comes easy in life.

Cmac821
05-12-2012, 02:59 PM
can't stand the number choice, should have chose a different one

Tombstone RJ
05-12-2012, 03:05 PM
I was where you are now not too long ago. Trying hard not to get too excited over Brock. Then I stumbled onto the Gruden video and saw how much he was gushing over him. And how Brock had a nice smile and some good old fashioned fast talking for any questions asked of him

Seemed to me it was destiny that Elway drafted him. Because when you look at Brock with that rare combination of arm strength, size, mobility, handsomeness and power what qb first comes to mind---

Elway of course!

My suggestion to ya is to pop a steaming bowl of popcorn with your favorite seasonings, take a Dr Pepper out of the fridge then sit down and watch this...

Gruden gushes over every player he talks to. If Bobo the clown was wearing a jersey Gruden would proclaim him the next great NFL prospect.

Heyneck
05-12-2012, 03:10 PM

Elway of course!

Dude WTF?! Gruden gushes about every QB!!! Even 4th-6th rounders!!! And now you are comparing him to Elway?! Dude... did you take your morning pills?!

Please don't turn into the next McGruder or Jhinz!!!

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 03:24 PM
Gruden gushes over every player he talks to. If Bobo the clown was wearing a jersey Gruden would proclaim him the next great NFL prospect.

Yes, but its the WAY he gushes with Brock that makes all the difference!

Gruden reserves that rare and difficult to obtain, SUPER GUSHER when he praises Oz. I'm talking about a Washington Monument sized oil well-- a hey Ma look no hands-- a good golly back up and take this Miss Molly moment, a supreme explosion of an ejaculating gusher.

THATS what Gruden gave to Brock.

Compared to the GUSHER Brock received the others just got a meager trickle, nothing better than a sad drip drop type of reaction from big John.

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Dude WTF?! Gruden gushes about every QB!!! Even 4th-6th rounders!!! And now you are comparing him to Elway?! Dude... did you take your morning pills?!

Please don't turn into the next McGruder or Jhinz!!!

I know there are words somewhere that you have written.

And these words have some meaning I'm sure.

but when I read your posts I become hypnotized...

...4 young supple and ripe for the plucking behinds tease me and gyrate (GULP)...

then they gyrate some more (GULP)...

Stuck in Cali
05-12-2012, 04:17 PM
After a few years behind Manning, learning the offence and NFL in general. Brock could become an amazing QB.
But just like any other rookie, everything is opinion/speculation on how well any will do.

OBF1
05-12-2012, 04:18 PM

Elway of course!

I can not find the ignore feature soon enough... Serious douche, better than Manning and he has not taken a single snap in the pros. GTFO

OrangeCrush2724
05-12-2012, 05:01 PM

He was being sarcastic!

GreatBronco16
05-12-2012, 05:10 PM
He still has poor footwork. He is not stepping into his throws at all in that video.

OrangeCrush2724
05-12-2012, 05:23 PM
I was where you are now not too long ago. Trying hard not to get too excited over Brock. Then I stumbled onto the Gruden video and saw how much he was gushing over him.[/[B]B] And how Brock had a nice smile and some good old fashioned fast talking for any questions asked of him

Elway of course!

It's funny 2 people watch the same thing and get two polar opposite views. I thought watching it, he wasn't ready to come out to the NFL. One more year was going to really help him out. I thought he came out too "Hollywood Handsome," on the Gruden show, almost like when he comes to the NFL he is satisfied that he has made it, regardless of what he amounts to. I thought he didn't know how hard he has to work to be good in the NFL, almost stating I'm going to prove them wrong bc I have the cutest dimples. He reminded me a lot like Linearts personality. Watching the limited film on him, he didn't read through his progressions. He only looked at 1 WR the entire play. He dissapeared and played poorly when his team was down. The only thing I was impressed was he stepped up in his throws with the defender in his face.

Saying that, this is only my opinion of him. I didnt watch game film like the Broncos did. I'm sure the Broncos did their hw and know that he has a drive to be great in the NFL. And I'm glad we drafted him, bc he does have potential.

Paladin
05-12-2012, 05:26 PM
There's always some "gusher" who "pops" for his/her/its homeboy. Nothing wrong with that. But the OM crowd is a rather grizzled bunch with their own sets of delusions and beliefs, and no newbie is gonnna beat them out of that.... But the truth is, he may have a chance to be at least above average. Depends on how he is coached and whether he has the drive to get there. Maybe Oz can get to some semblance of a decent QB in rwo or three years. If so, then it will have been a decent pick. Just looking at the vids, he certainly looks like a better thrower than TT is/was....

(This message was typed without the aid of Mrs. TOG's nipples.)

Mogulseeker
05-12-2012, 05:27 PM

Elway of course!

Gruden gushes over every player entering the draft. Watch the 2011 draft. He said "this is a great pick for ____ because..." after every single pick in the first round.

v2micca
05-12-2012, 05:31 PM
This covers the 1st day.

Well, If nothing else, this throwing mechanics and release point are notably improved from earlier videos I've seen of him. If he can keep progressing at this rate for the next three years, that is certainly promising.

CEH
05-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I'll wait for training camp. Have seen every rookie QB to come through Denver since Elway. Cutler you could tell right away had the goods. We'll see what Brock looks like. Tebow actaully had more arm strength then I was led to believe but his accuarcy rivaled Simms for some of the worst balls I've seen thrown at Dove Valley

oubronco
05-12-2012, 05:47 PM
This covers the 1st day.

I feel there's SumTingWong with this assessment

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 06:11 PM
After a few years behind Manning, learning the offence and NFL in general. Brock could become an amazing QB.

I agree with your intelligent insight!

Like you said, the only thing keeping Brock from reaching legendary status is time and hard work.

At worst, in 2-3 years, after Manning hangs it up we'll have one of the best QBs ready to replace him just like AAron Rodgers capably filled Favres shoes.

At best, he'll be a true rookie phenom like Dan Marino was and Peyton will volunteer to step aside, for the good of the squad, halfway through the season and Brock can coast us the rest of the way to victory!

Either way we can't lose.

jutang
05-12-2012, 06:11 PM
I like seeing the orange uniforms again

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 06:18 PM
Well, If nothing else, this throwing mechanics and release point are notably improved from earlier videos I've seen of him. If he can keep progressing at this rate for the next three years, that is certainly promising.

I've never heard of a player at any level of sport improving at the rate that Oz has at something so difficult to change. The throwing motion for a QB is hallowed ground. Many have tried to alter it and few ahve succeeded under the pressure of the big leagues.

Oz is one of the few to have proven he can adapt to change at the highest levels.

If he's done all this after less than a week on the field, forget the next three years-- he'll be ready to handle anything a defense could throw at him by the middle of THIS season. Good Lord willing, of course.

I didn't think so during the draft-- in fact I initially booed and hissed at the tv and shook my head in disgust-- but after using my powers to scout the youtube vids and reading all the good news coming out of our front office, I have no doubt that we chose the next BIG THING in QBs.

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 06:25 PM
He was being sarcastic!

No need to call him names.

He may have been a bit overzealous with his praise, and I even told him so in hopes that next time he'll be more careful in dispensing his accolades, but there's no real harm in that.

I'll take a thousand darkhorses with their hopes riding mile high towards victory over a million naysayers and their nattering naybobs of negativity.

Keep your chin up darkhorse! Don't let the haters get to ya son!

SumTingWong
05-12-2012, 06:32 PM
He still has poor footwork. He is not stepping into his throws at all in that video.

When you're 6' 7" your windup generates so much torque that the neccesity of stepping into your throws for power is greatly diminished. The key for him is accuracy and that's largely obtained by the DIRECTION the toes are pointed and he was very adept at pointing his lead toe towards the target.

His balls were going so fast they were humming through the air. The receivers universally praised him for their placement (ie accuracy) and to a man they said he's well ahead of schedule.

Add to that Gruden's comments in his video and its a slam dunk: Brock is gonna be something special.

DarkHorse
05-12-2012, 09:56 PM
He was being sarcastic!

:thumbsup:

underrated29
05-12-2012, 10:01 PM
When you're 6' 7" your windup generates so much torque that the neccesity of stepping into your throws for power is greatly diminished. The key for him is accuracy and that's largely obtained by the DIRECTION the toes are pointed and he was very adept at pointing his lead toe towards the target.

His balls were going so fast they were humming through the air. The receivers universally praised him for their placement (ie accuracy) and to a man they said he's well ahead of schedule.

Add to that Gruden's comments in his video and its a slam dunk: Brock is gonna be something special.

I love when my balls are humming too.

Lestat
05-12-2012, 11:27 PM
This covers the 1st day.

http://www.lolwut.com/layout/lolwut.jpg

pricejj
05-13-2012, 12:56 AM
can't stand the number choice, should have chose a different one

He wanted #17, but that's Caldwell's number for now.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 02:15 AM
I really want to like Osweiler, but each time I see him interviewed, with his spewing of uncomfortable platitudes and annoying hair, it makes it hard.

McDman
05-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Is it possible SumTing is the greatest troll of all time and has been lurking for six and a half years waiting for the right time to strike?

jutang
05-13-2012, 06:21 AM
I really want to like Osweiler, but each time I see him interviewed, with his spewing of uncomfortable platitudes and annoying hair, it makes it hard.

I agree. There is something in his interview style that makes him seem not genuine. He seems like a taller version of Matt Leinart and will end up on reality tv shows.

ward63
05-13-2012, 06:56 AM
Luckily Oz gets to sit and watch for a few years (I hope) and I agree with the number...take anything but 6. 10 would have looked good

Pony Boy
05-13-2012, 07:00 AM
Way too many white guys in that video

broncobum6162
05-13-2012, 08:29 AM
This covers the 1st day.

Hmmmm....I get it. We get rid of one QB who needs to work on his throwing motion and get another one who needs work too...... Makes sense to me. thwack

Punisher
05-13-2012, 08:42 AM
Way too many white guys in that video

:~ohyah!:

JCMElway
05-13-2012, 09:08 AM

Elway of course!

I'm not overjoyed and I am not yet convinced that Osweiler will be the QOTF. That being said, I am not mad at all that we took him with #67 after watching this clip.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Hmmmm....I get it. We get rid of one QB who needs to work on his throwing motion and get another one who needs work too...... Makes sense to me. thwack

Is this for real? I have no clue if Osweiler will be good or not, but tons of QB's have worked on their throwing motion. Are you suggesting Osweiler and Tebow are equal passers because both worked on their motion? Are you honestly thinking that simply?

GreatBronco16
05-13-2012, 10:16 AM
Is this for real? I have no clue if Osweiler will be good or not, but tons of QB's have worked on their throwing motion. Are you suggesting Osweiler and Tebow are equal passers because both worked on their motion? Are you honestly thinking that simply?

No, Tebow up to this point, has shown to be the much better passer.:flower:

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 10:18 AM
No, Tebow up to this point, has shown to be the much better passer.:flower:

Well if NFL passes are the only benchmark, then I suppose Will Furrer and Shawn Moore are also better than him :)

DarkHorse
05-13-2012, 10:25 AM

Oh come on now, those 2 are the only QB's to ever come into the league with poor mechanics and we happened to have drafted both of them. Oh woe is us, why can't we be like the other teams and draft QB's that are absolutely perfect???

God we suck.

cutthemdown
05-13-2012, 11:20 AM
Gruden talks like he is always thinking he could be coaching this kid someday, don't say anything bad lol!

GreatBronco16
05-13-2012, 12:03 PM
Well if NFL passes are the only benchmark, then I suppose Will Furrer and Shawn Moore are also better than him :)

Nope, I was including high school and college.:)

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 01:47 PM
Nope, I was including high school and college.:)

I'm a tebow fan and im not sure how you think that.

GreatBronco16
05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
I'm a tebow fan and im not sure how you think that.

Ok, I'm trying to be funny with all this.

But, do you actually think that Brock was a better passer than Tebow in college?

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 02:52 PM
Ok, I'm trying to be funny with all this.

But, do you actually think that Brock was a better passer than Tebow in college?

Brock played a whole 15 games and his stats weren't bad. He's definitely more accurate and quicker with his release. Not claiming either of them will be worth a damn, or both might be great, what do i know.

Jetmeck
05-13-2012, 02:59 PM
that video...he looked awful good. quick release on crossing patterns..........hitting receivers in stride..............

Hulamau
05-13-2012, 03:31 PM
that video...he looked awful good. quick release on crossing patterns..........hitting receivers in stride..............

Came late to this thread .. which video are you speaking of, one of the last three days rookie camp vids or the Gruden QB camp Vid??

Jetmeck
05-13-2012, 05:07 PM
Came late to this thread .. which video are you speaking of, one of the last three days rookie camp vids or the Gruden QB camp Vid??

Gruden's vid he looked pretty damn good and quick decision and release.....long ball and fairly accurate and mobile if necessary.
Even ran the read option in college. I like what I see so far.

GreatBronco16
05-13-2012, 07:03 PM
Brock played a whole 15 games and his stats weren't bad. He's definitely more accurate and quicker with his release. Not claiming either of them will be worth a damn, or both might be great, what do i know.

You didn't answer the question. Going back to what I originally responded to, I'll say it again, up to this point in their careers, Tebow is the better passer. That is a fact. It will probably change, but I'm not talking about what might happen in the future.

cutthemdown
05-13-2012, 07:14 PM
Only the Bronco fans on the Orangemane could argue about Tim Tebow and Brock Oswieler while their starter is Peyton Manning. :)

canadianbroncosfan
05-14-2012, 01:17 AM
Only the Bronco fans on the Orangemane could argue about Tim Tebow and Brock Oswieler while their starter is Peyton Manning. :)

Hilarious!

No ****

SPORTSWRITER
05-14-2012, 06:40 AM
It's funny 2 people watch the same thing and get two polar opposite views. I thought watching it, he wasn't ready to come out to the NFL. One more year was going to really help him out. I thought he came out too "Hollywood Handsome," on the Gruden show, almost like when he comes to the NFL he is satisfied that he has made it, regardless of what he amounts to. I thought he didn't know how hard he has to work to be good in the NFL, almost stating I'm going to prove them wrong bc I have the cutest dimples. He reminded me a lot like Linearts personality. Watching the limited film on him, he didn't read through his progressions. He only looked at 1 WR the entire play. He dissapeared and played poorly when his team was down. The only thing I was impressed was he stepped up in his throws with the defender in his face.

Saying that, this is only my opinion of him. I didnt watch game film like the Broncos did. I'm sure the Broncos did their hw and know that he has a drive to be great in the NFL. And I'm glad we drafted him, bc he does have potential.

I agree, but I'm no expert judge of NFL potential talent, or I'd gladly be a scout for some NFL team. One thing Gruden mentioned, and I can't remember who first said this, but it's that the true definition of someone with potential just means "that someone hasn't done it yet!" Maybe it was Bear Bryant or Tom Landry.

ward63
05-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Hopefully we know who our QBs are for the next 15 years

Rohirrim
05-14-2012, 09:09 AM

:spit:

How true.

BroncoBen
05-14-2012, 10:39 AM
After a few years behind Manning, learning the offense and NFL in general. Brock could become an amazing QB.
But just like any other rookie, everything is opinion/speculation on how well any will do.

Very true... only time will tell, we as fans can only hope Brock is the QB the Broncos think he is.

SumTingWong
05-14-2012, 12:40 PM

Good for you Sonofle-LoLang! We live in a time where everyone can express themselves freely and be what they wanna be. No more living in the closet and no more "don't ask and I won't tell" type policies! Be yourself!

To be truthful I like watching Brock do his fancy talking too-- not in the way you like it though. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

It's just that Brock seems so proud and confident and always has a quick answer for any trip up type questions the media springs at him. He's a natural salesman type with that slippery tongue, great hair and good looks.

We got us a real winner thanks to Mr Elway!

SumTingWong
05-14-2012, 12:49 PM
Is it possible SumTing is the greatest troll of all time and has been lurking for six and a half years waiting for the right time to strike?

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/image.php?u=5959&dateline=1292465922

I love that dog McDman!

The way its having so much fun romping around in the snow.

When I was a kid I read a book called "Alone" it was about an explorer, Admiral Byrd, spending a winter by himself in the arctic. It made me imagine all kinds of adventures in the snow on my own.

Kinda like that movie The Thing (The John Carpenter version) but without all the other people and the creepy aliens.

There's something pure and clean about snow and desolate places. It speaks to the soul. Good stuff that.

shalowlow
05-14-2012, 12:54 PM
The trolling wasn't good enough...it was funny at first, but SumTingWong left character too early.

We get it. What people said about Tebow was ridiculous. And the reasons people thought Tebow was great were based on little if anything. And it does make it more obvious when it's said about someone else.