PDA

View Full Version : Darrius Heward-Bey arrested for DUI

DomCasual
05-10-2012, 02:42 PM
What a shame! :)

http://www.tmz.com/2012/05/10/darrius-heyward-bey-arrested-dui-drunk-driving/

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Darrius Heward-Bey was charged with DUI in San Francisco this morning ... after cops say he was driving while drunk on the Bay Bridge back in April.

According to the San Francisco Chronicle ... DHB was busted around 2 AM on April 7th after a California Highway Patrol officer noticed the 25-year-old speeding and weaving in his lane.

Drunk Monkey
05-10-2012, 02:45 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fU8TeIxafXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

DomCasual
05-10-2012, 02:47 PM
He should stick to running. He's FAST!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fU8TeIxafXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drunk Monkey
05-10-2012, 02:52 PM
He should stick to running. He's FAST!

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fU8TeIxafXM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lol, that is the first thing I thought of also.

DomCasual
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Lol, that is the first thing I thought of also.

One of the funniest NFL clips ever - especially when you put it in the context of "Al Davis drafts fast people," and "It's my rookie year, and I look like I've never worn pads before!"

I always picture Al Davis, sitting in the owner's box, saying, "Did you see that? Did you see! He can FLY! Haven't I been telling you guys that he could fly?"

Dr. Broncenstein
05-10-2012, 03:01 PM
Lol that video reminds me of Forrest Gump...

broncosteven
05-10-2012, 03:52 PM
Does he have plates on his car that say Sauced?

Rohirrim
05-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I don't think one thread sufficiently covers this event. :puff:

swaiy
05-10-2012, 04:03 PM
I don't condone drinking and driving but why is it that these athletes are always speeding while intoxicated? The last thing I would want to do is speed. I would follow the speed limit exactly. Not a MPH under or over. Hypothetically speaking of course... notsofast

baja
05-10-2012, 04:04 PM
Never understood why these idiots don't hire a driver when they go out to party.

Seriously teams should have a company on retainer to appear on demand within minutes whenever a player speed dials them. You could mandate a breath-a-lizer wired to their ignition that when activated by alcohol shuts down the car and speed dials the service.

bombay
05-10-2012, 04:11 PM
Does he have plates on his car that say Sauced?

lol

DomCasual
05-10-2012, 04:14 PM
I don't condone drinking and driving but why is it that these athletes are always speeding while intoxicated? The last thing I would want to do is speed. I would follow the speed limit exactly. Not a MPH under or over. Hypothetically speaking of course... notsofast

Yeah, there should be a Darwin Award - Drinking and Driving edition. The only salary information I can find for him shows him making $5.7 million for 2012. That seems like it should be more of a salary cap number than actual salary, but we'll go with it. That means he makes almost $400K/game. If he ends up suspended 4 games, he will lose $1.5 million, give or take. He could have a full-time employee for his entire career whose only job was to drive him home from bars, and bring his car to him before he woke up the next day - and he'd still come out way ahead in the deal.

broncosteven
05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah, there should be a Darwin Award - Drinking and Driving edition. The only salary information I can find for him shows him making $5.7 million for 2012. That seems like it should be more of a salary cap number than actual salary, but we'll go with it. That means he makes almost $400K/game. If he ends up suspended 4 games, he will lose $1.5 million, give or take. He could have a full-time employee for his entire career whose only job was to drive him home from bars, and bring his car to him before he woke up the next day - and he'd still come out way ahead in the deal.

Baby momma's cost money