PDA

View Full Version : Drayton Florence a Bronco

tsiguy96
05-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Where does he play? Champ, Harris, Bolden, Porter, now Florence?

@JayGlazer
DB Drayton Florence agreed to terms w Broncos, expected to finalize it today

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-10-2012, 02:38 PM
I like the move. Injuries will happen and it's good to know there's depth at that position.

TheReverend
05-10-2012, 02:40 PM

If he can play as consistently well as he's managed to the last few years even in his age, he'll be a starter.

OBF1
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Atleast our DB situation is now settled.

MLB next???

DivineLegion
05-10-2012, 02:41 PM
Maybe Champs ready for FS.

TheReverend
05-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Atleast our DB situation is now settled.

MLB next???

Define settled?

The top three of our depth chart is:

Champ - Is about to turn 34. For the '13 season he'll be 35...

Florence - Will be 32 this season.

Porter - 1 year deal

We still have GLARING issues for the future... and the future only past this season to be specific

Drek
05-10-2012, 02:54 PM

@JayGlazer

Champ as the #1, obviously, Florence as the #2, Porter as the nickel where he thrived in New Orleans. Harris as a dime CB who can also play safety.

I'd bet that Bolden makes the team as a STs guy/5th corner type. Judie will have a good shot at the PS. Vaughn and Thompson are cut to the wind.

Not a bad six man set for 2012 and has enough high upside youth to give some long term hope. But we better be ready to make CB the BPA when our pick comes up in the very near future if we don't want to see serious problems arise.

tsiguy96
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
in fox's defense, how often does a 4th corner see the field?

OBF1
05-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Define settled?

Porter - 1 year deal

We still have GLARING issues for the future... and the future only past this season to be specific

Never siad it was settled for the next 3 years... I am talking about the signing today now settles it for the time being. I will try to post to your standards next time.

TheReverend
05-10-2012, 02:57 PM

As often as opposing offense's dictate... has nothing to do with "Fox's defense"

tsiguy96
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
As often as opposing offense's dictate... has nothing to do with "Fox's defense"

fair enough.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-10-2012, 03:02 PM
A 4th saw a lot of time on the field against good QBs(patriots). They didn't do so well against them either. Can't have too many. I worry about getting through this season rather than worry about 2015.

Mogulseeker
05-10-2012, 03:11 PM
I hope we at least keep Vaughn... 6 CBs a possibility?

Captain 'Dre
05-10-2012, 03:16 PM
Florence has size, speed and athleticism, but has lapses of judgment at critical times.

The guy scares me a bit, to be honest.

Baba Booey
05-10-2012, 03:17 PM
Depth depth depth. Love it.

Rabb
05-10-2012, 03:20 PM
After watching Goodman, I don't know how anyone can NOT like this.

Drek
05-10-2012, 03:22 PM

Consider that more and more teams love to go 3 and 4 wide. That Champ can almost never make it through a fully season now. Tracy Porter has never made it through a full season healthy. Drayton Florence is 31 years old.

I'd say a quality 4th corner will be very useful for this team.

Add that the guy we'll have as our 4th corner played both corner and safety in college, not to mention being a valuable special teams guy. I'd say Harris will have a pretty active role in 2012.

Bigdawg26
05-10-2012, 03:24 PM
I like the move! It adds depth to the corner position that we really needed. We have Champ and Porter as the starters. Florence as the 3rd corner that can move Porter on the inside in nickel package. Also, use Chris and Bolden as the dime corner and special teamers.

Taco John
05-10-2012, 03:24 PM

@JayGlazer

I expect he'll be a starter. Love this news.

Drek
05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
I hope we at least keep Vaughn... 6 CBs a possibility?

Why? He's fast but he's not good at keeping receivers from catching the football. There are better options for KR/PR work on the team now.

Vaughn and Thompson are to me each half of a quality football player. Vaughn has the physical tools, Thompson has the mental tools. If you have guys like that actually seeing time for you on Sundays you need to think about how you upgrade their position.

Rabb
05-10-2012, 03:25 PM
After watching Gronk and Hernandez have their ways with us...CB depth was bound to be a priority.

Taco John
05-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Florence has size, speed and athleticism, but has lapses of judgment at critical times.

More than Goodman?

Heyneck
05-10-2012, 03:32 PM
Well we got our next Goodman... that could be a good thing or a bad thing... but at least we got great depth.

RunSilentRunDeep
05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
2 years, $4.5M will another $1M available through incentives. Per Schefter.

Heyneck
05-10-2012, 03:33 PM
More than Goodman?

Goodman was great his first season with us... lousy in his 2nd and very average last year.

edog24
05-10-2012, 03:34 PM
I like this!

Gcver2ver3
05-10-2012, 03:41 PM
I ain't mad...

Bmore Manning
05-10-2012, 03:43 PM
I'm wondering how this shapes up the secondary. Champ, Porter, Florence, Harris, Bolden with one spot to fight over. I don't think Champ is moving to FS this year.. It's a 2.25 million dollar cap hit, so it's not terrible.. Now how about more improved depth at DT!

eddie mac
05-10-2012, 04:03 PM
They've stated all along that they feel they will be defending leads a lot more this season than last with Manning in the fold hence the major defensive focus on the pass and less on the run.

Shananahan
05-10-2012, 04:08 PM
Goodman was great his first season with us... lousy in his 2nd and very average last year.
He was actually healthy his first season. Any kind of nagging injury and the guy turned to garbage.

Bmore Manning
05-10-2012, 04:16 PM
They've stated all along that they feel they will be defending leads a lot more this season than last with Manning in the fold hence the major defensive focus on the pass and less on the run.

More improved depth at DT could represent another 3Tech, or a 1Tech who offers a pass rush. I would still like to see a long term NT option. You can say what you want about playing with the lead, I know about that more than anyone. But stopping the run in key situations is still crucial. And ALL of the AFC top teams Baltimore, Houston, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Jets.. They all run the football, only the patriots don't, and they are looking to add that dimension to their team. And those power teams will keep the ball out of Peyton's hands by running come playoff time.

Black96WS6
05-10-2012, 04:17 PM

This. His head-butting of TE Daniel Graham and resulting personal foul penalty AFTER the Chargers had stopped Brady on 3rd down late in the game was one of the many critical bone-headed mistakes made by Charger players that cost the #1 seeded 14-2 Chargers the game, eventually losing to the Pats 24-21 and getting booted from the playoffs...(the final bone-headed mistake being Marlon McCree intercepting Brady at the very end of the game and not falling down on it, thus ending the game by running out the clock once back on offense...instead, Marlon attempts a run-back through traffic and gets stripped of the ball, returning possession to New England and a final FG to seal the game)...

stoxman
05-10-2012, 04:29 PM
Couldn't find too many fans who were upset to see Tito Paul 2.0 leave Buffalo on the Bills boards. This is not a great signing. There are going to be times his name is going to be blasted around these boards this year as he will get toasted quite a bit. Can only hope Porter, Judie and Bolden beat him out at this point.

McDman
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM
Champ as the #1, obviously, Florence as the #2, Porter as the nickel where he thrived in New Orleans. Harris as a dime CB who can also play safety.

I'd bet that Bolden makes the team as a STs guy/5th corner type. Judie will have a good shot at the PS. Vaughn and Thompson are cut to the wind.

Not a bad six man set for 2012 and has enough high upside youth to give some long term hope. But we better be ready to make CB the BPA when our pick comes up in the very near future if we don't want to see serious problems arise.

Porter didn't thrive in the nickel there. If Harris continues to develop he is much better suited to be a nickel back.

broncosteven
05-10-2012, 04:55 PM
After watching Gronk and Hernandez have their ways with us...CB depth was bound to be a priority.

If your worried about Gronk and Hernandez we should be picking up LB's that can actually cover and maybe a safety to replace Dawkins.

shalowlow
05-10-2012, 05:08 PM
Gotta keep that chip on Chris Harris' shoulder.

That's what this signing tells me.

broncosteven
05-10-2012, 05:15 PM
Gotta keep that chip on Chris Harris' shoulder.

That's what this signing tells me.

My parents had a '73 Chevy impala that was the same color as your avatar.

hambone13
05-10-2012, 05:18 PM
If your worried about Gronk and Hernandez we should be picking up LB's that can actually cover and maybe a safety to replace Dawkins.

This

baja
05-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Maybe Champs ready for FS.

I had the same thought. But I doubt it will happen at the start of the season but as things wear on who knows maybe he eases into to it playing some corner and some FS depending on the situation.

DBroncos4life
05-10-2012, 05:26 PM
Good job Manning I like the move.

baja
05-10-2012, 05:28 PM
Never siad it was settled for the next 3 years... I am talking about the signing today now settles it for the time being. I will try to post to your standards next time.

To do that you'd have to be him.

R-Mac
05-10-2012, 05:48 PM
https://twitter.com/#!/MichelleBeisner

According to an @Denver_Broncos team source - Drayton Florence is a better fit than any other cb, that has been available this offseason.

He has experience as a left, right and nickel CB. If we compare Florence and Goodman in their last two full seasons (Goodman was injured in 2010) they have very similar stats in pass coverage. Florence makes more tackles. He is a slight upgrade over Goodman in age, size (6'0, 193) and run defense.

Unfortunately, Syd'Quan Thompson might not make the final roster after this move, and I really like him. I don't know anything about his current health status, and not everyone recovers from a ruptured Achilles tendon as well as Demaryius Thomas.

oubronco
05-10-2012, 06:26 PM
After watching Goodman, I don't know how anyone can NOT like this.

Absofrigginlutely

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
Awesome signing.

KevinJames
05-10-2012, 06:37 PM
Man we are deep at CB now I love it.

What was our 2nd weakest area now becomes a strength IMO.

DBroncos4life
05-10-2012, 06:40 PM

Now if we just had some LBs that could cover instead of a QBOF.

Hamrob
05-10-2012, 07:22 PM
I like it. I have to admit, I didn't think they would sign him...because of the cost. Glad to see Elway making some moves. Let's go get a NT now.

Bmore Manning
05-10-2012, 07:27 PM
I like it. I have to admit, I didn't think they would sign him...because of the cost. Glad to see Elway making some moves. Let's go get a NT now.

Your my new best friend! :)

Bmore Manning
05-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Drayton Florence is a better fit than any other CB.. That's because they were looking for a cheaper slot guy?

broncosteven
05-10-2012, 07:31 PM
Now if we just had some LBs that could cover instead of a QBOF.

I agree time to pick the garbage for a MLB that can cover unless Irvin really is going to get a chance to win the job.

errand
05-10-2012, 07:44 PM

@JayGlazer

There's going to be a competition in camp..... 2 spots are definitely going to be contested.

Right now the only corner that has a definite starting job is champ bailey... the rest will battle it out for who plays opposite of him and the nickelback.

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 07:49 PM
Define settled?

Porter - 1 year deal

It definitely seems settled for this season at least. But yeah, CB will soon become a wasteland like S if they aren't careful.

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 07:52 PM

You seriously think that was our 2nd weakest area last season? Seriously?

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 07:54 PM
A 4th saw a lot of time on the field against good QBs(patriots). They didn't do so well against them either. Can't have too many. I worry about getting through this season rather than worry about 2015.

Our issues against teams like Patriots was our safeties and linebackers much more than our nickel and dime backs.

houghtam
05-10-2012, 08:08 PM
An all-in win now move by EF(X). Hold on, it's going to be a bumpy one.

Heyneck
05-10-2012, 08:13 PM
I really think Irving is going to be a bright spot at MLB. I don't know how he'll be cover wise... but he has to be an upgrade over Mays if he beats him out in camp.

Tim
05-10-2012, 08:27 PM
opposing Quarterbacks have a rating of 103.3 when they are targeting the receiver Florence is covering.. anybody know the stat for andre goodman? Hilarious!

oubronco
05-10-2012, 08:52 PM
opposing Quarterbacks have a rating of 103.3 when they are targeting the receiver Florence is covering.. anybody know the stat for andre goodman? Hilarious!

Damn that's not good

cutthemdown
05-10-2012, 09:09 PM
Champ Bailey gave up the most yards after the catch of any CB in football. Also 93.4% of all stats are BS.

houghtam
05-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Do numbers count that high?

Tim
05-10-2012, 09:32 PM
Do numbers count that high?

LOL no, aside from a pick 6 vs NYJ and pick vs Minnesota i'm sure he would have had a 158.3 or whatever perfect is. I remember all of his plays but this one sticks out the most http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhV3iBaT2Fw :thumbsdow

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 09:46 PM

Sounds like a fakey stat. Because likely the only time a "target" gets racked up is when they actually get open on him (because if he has perfect coverage a QB isn't going to throw at e.g. "target" him). So that's not too bad as far as recovery goes. I bet champ, who is alone most of the time also doesn't have very good numbers, while liability DBs that get help from Safeties have better ones.

Wouldn't everyone agree?

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 11:04 PM
Sounds like a fakey stat. Because likely the only time a "target" gets racked up is when they actually get open on him (because if he has perfect coverage a QB isn't going to throw at e.g. "target" him). So that's not too bad as far as recovery goes. I bet champ, who is alone most of the time also doesn't have very good numbers, while liability DBs that get help from Safeties have better ones.

Wouldn't everyone agree?

Sounds reasonable. At the same time, Buffalo apparently didn't think he was worth 5 mil a year, so that doesn't bode so well. He is hitting that age where most corners start losing it.

broncswin
05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
Good depth signing..veteran presense that will cover some on nickle..porter will own #2 corner

Lestat
05-10-2012, 11:17 PM
love the signing, more depth, more quality and some competition is gonna be up in this mother****er!

Broncobiv
05-10-2012, 11:20 PM
Define settled?

Porter - 1 year deal

The future? We are not interested in the future! We signed Peyton Manning...Plan A! Building for the future is for losers...we win NOW!

strafen
05-10-2012, 11:26 PM
There's going to be a competition in camp..... 2 spots are definitely going to be contested.

Right now the only corner that has a definite starting job is champ bailey... the rest will battle it out for who plays opposite of him and the nickelback.

Uuh...Porter has the other spot locked up, hands down...
I'll be shocked if he's not the starter by the beginning of the season...

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 11:33 PM
The future? We are not interested in the future! We signed Peyton Manning...Plan A! Building for the future is for losers...we win NOW!

Err...did you watch the draft?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7Z8MxwpYQnQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pricejj
05-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Belicheat just peed his pants a little.

Bacchus
05-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Define settled?

Porter - 1 year deal

Ok, but it is settled for this year. Now on to help the LBers.

Dedhed
05-11-2012, 07:28 AM

Mays and DJ were the ones abused by NE's TEs.

Rabb
05-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Mays and DJ were the ones abused by NE's TEs.

Understood for sure, but I don't think it would be out of the question to have a corner cover these guys. Maybe I am just dreaming, but didn't Champ cover one of them at some point?

ppablo
05-11-2012, 07:55 AM
in elway we trust

Kaylore
05-11-2012, 08:03 AM
Florence has a lot of experience and is only going to be 32 this season. Fox values experienced DB's because they don't blow coverages as much. He'd rather have a guy that is in the right place at the right time who sucks than the more athletic gifted guy who get's caught with his pants down.

Florence has more than a little left in the tank and will push to start. It's a good signing.

Bowlen continues to show how broke he is.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Fox does value vet DBs, but this signing has Del Rios hand prints all over them. People wonder if del rio would have an influence on defensive personnel? This is an example right here.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Fox does value vet DBs, but this signing has Del Rios hand prints all over them. People wonder if del rio would have an influence on defensive personnel? This is an example right here.

How so?

Drek
05-11-2012, 09:01 AM
Florence has a lot of experience and is only going to be 32 this season. Fox values experienced DB's because they don't blow coverages as much. He'd rather have a guy that is in the right place at the right time who sucks than the more athletic gifted guy who get's caught with his pants down.

Florence has more than a little left in the tank and will push to start. It's a good signing.

Bowlen continues to show how broke he is.

Florence signed pretty cheap man. When we land one of the high dollar DTs we've wiffed on the last two offseasons then we can talk about Bowlen opening the wallet up.

bowtown
05-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Sorry. What makes you say this?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 09:08 AM
How so?

Del Rio has coached him before. Gotta believe del rio gave Elway some input on him as a player.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 09:09 AM
Sorry. What makes you say this?

Again, Florence played in Jacksonville in between SD and Buffalo. I didn't say Del Rio had the final say and authorized this signing, just that he had input and influence in this decision. Anytime a former HC has info on a player it's useful.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 09:25 AM
Again, Florence played in Jacksonville in between SD and Buffalo. I didn't say Del Rio had the final say and authorized this signing, just that he had input and influence in this decision. Anytime a former HC has info on a player it's useful.

He played one season and got cut. So while that's possible, if Del Rio liked him do much he wouldn't have cut him after one year on a four year contract..

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 09:27 AM
He played one season and got cut. So while that's possible, if Del Rio liked him do much he wouldn't have cut him after one year on a four year contract..

This FO would be historically stupid if they didn't ask del rio for advice after coaching him. Not sure who signed him in Jacksonville for 36 million, but that may have something to do with the release.

baja
05-11-2012, 09:28 AM

Maybe he dislikes him so much that cutting him once was not enough so he brought him in to cut him again.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 09:31 AM
Maybe he dislikes him so much that cutting him once was not enough so he brought him in to cut him again.

Ha! He does wear a leather jacket. Sado masochism type personality?

peacepipe
05-11-2012, 09:32 AM
Del Rio has coached him before. Gotta believe del rio gave Elway some input on him as a player.

I find It funny that people would actually think del rio wouldn't have a say in picking/advicing on a defensive player. del rio is the DC after all. it isn't as if he is some low level assistant. ray rhodes had alot of influence on the willie middlebrooks pick yrs ago.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 09:35 AM
I find It funny that people would actually think del rio wouldn't have a say in picking/advicing on a defensive player. del rio is the DC after all. it isn't as if he is some low level assistant. ray rhodes had alot of influence on the willie middlebrooks pick yrs ago.

Very true. And someone in this FO has to be smart enough to ask Del Rio why the jags cut him after one year. That would be my first question.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:20 AM
Very true. And someone in this FO has to be smart enough to ask Del Rio why the jags cut him after one year. That would be my first question.

Well he was cut because he had a terrible year. I agree Del Rio had input on Florence, I was taking the Del Rio all over it move to be fascicious. Why would he be a Del Rio guy if he got cut? Now Rasean Mathis would be a Del Rio all over it move.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:22 AM
It was more of they want a solid NCB that doesn't break the bank, that's why Florence was a great fit. 2.25 cap hit is much more conceivable than Porters 4 to play NCB if they landed Samuel who's would have been 6+ million.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 10:47 AM
Well he was cut because he had a terrible year. I agree Del Rio had input on Florence, I was taking the Del Rio all over it move to be fascicious. Why would he be a Del Rio guy if he got cut? Now Rasean Mathis would be a Del Rio all over it move.

So Elway asks Del Rio why they cut him, and he responds it's cause he was terrible. So Elway signs him? I agree he wasn't that good, but he was cut because he wasnt 36 mil good. The cut was contract related

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:48 AM
So Elway asks Del Rio why they cut him, and he responds it's cause he was terrible. So Elway signs him? I agree he wasn't that good, but he was cut because he wasnt 36 mil good. The cut was contract related

I'm on board with that. Not disagreeing with that.

Requiem
05-11-2012, 10:51 AM
Champ, Florence and Porter are one of the better groups of corners in the NFL. We can only hope Harris keeps improving. Long-term we still have issues, but maybe Porter will do exceptionally well and earn a decent contract here after the season. Get a corner next year in the top couple of rounds and we will be in business. The secondary moves for the team have been exceptional this off-season.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:54 AM
Champ, Florence and Porter are one of the better groups of corners in the NFL. We can only hope Harris keeps improving. Long-term we still have issues, but maybe Porter will do exceptionally well and earn a decent contract here after the season. Get a corner next year in the top couple of rounds and we will be in business. The secondary moves for the team have been exceptional this off-season.

Agreed, I think Adams is going to be a key component. Lots of depth, competition, and options... Now, about DT..

Requiem
05-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Agreed, I think Adams is going to be a key component. Lots of depth, competition, and options... Now, about DT..

We can only hope Methman Wolfe ends up being worth his weight in gold.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I'm on board with that. Not disagreeing with that.

It will be interesting to see the DB competition in preseason this year. I agree with Req that they did a good job giving this position attention. I think Vaughn might play his way into a solid role.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 10:57 AM
We can only hope Methman Wolfe ends up being worth his weight in gold.

Ha! The white thing still bothering you? Don't worry too much, superman and batman were both white.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 11:01 AM
It will be interesting to see the DB competition in preseason this year. I agree with Req that they did a good job giving this position attention. I think Vaughn might play his way into a solid role.

Yeah I like the depth and options. Florence is solid, hopefully players start competing. And there is week to week competition. Champ, Porter, Florence, Harris, Bolden is five of six to carry, so the competition for the 3,4,5, and 6 on the depth chart is going to be great. I really like Adams, Adams at FS backed up by Moore, with Carter at SS and Duke as his backup wouldn't surprise me.

BroncoBuff
05-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Good question ... Porter and Florence are both starters.

Requiem
05-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Ha! The white thing still bothering you? Don't worry too much, superman and batman were both white.

Batman is my favorite super hero.

I'm going to give Wolfe the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think he is an explosive or impressive player. Glad to know he made it from the meth trailers to the NFL though. Like I said, he will be a bust. Hope I get proven wrong.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 11:30 AM

I'm going to give Wolfe the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think he is an explosive or impressive player. Glad to know he made it from the meth trailers to the NFL though. Like I said, he will be a bust. Hope I get proven wrong.

I WOULD agree with this but I feel like the FO is so personally vested in his potential success (after those draft day shenanigans) that he's going to get opportunities heaped on him to the point where failing in the fashion of a traditional "bust" would be damn near impossible.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 11:32 AM
I WOULD agree with this but I feel like the FO is so personally vested in his potential success (after those draft day shenanigans) that he's going to get opportunities heaped on him to the point where failing in the fashion of a traditional "bust" would be damn near impossible.

So he's Jacksonvilles AluAlu?

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 11:33 AM
So he's Jacksonvilles AluAlu?

Alualu is a fantastic under-tackle...

Requiem
05-11-2012, 11:36 AM

I just hope he can contribute. He will either carry the bricks in the NFL or be back on meth alley flipping them for pork rinds, pistachios and Elmer's glue.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Alualu is a fantastic under-tackle...

He's not even the better DT on that team. Porkchop is the far superior DT despite playing a different technique. Alualu is solid..

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Alualu was NFL ready and has been solid.. Fantastic is not where I'd go with him.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 11:57 AM
He's not even the better DT on that team. Porkchop is the far superior DT despite playing a different technique. Alualu is solid..

You're just SUCH a poser... I've yet to see you get anything right.

Even here... his nickname is Pot Roast. Not "Porkchop"

And ftr, Knighton isn't "better"... which would be ridiculously hard to even quantify if you tried considering the vastly different things they're both asked to do.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 12:00 PM
You're just SUCH a poser... I've yet to see you get anything right.

Even here... his nickname is Pot Roast. Not "Porkchop"

And ftr, Knighton isn't "better"... which would be ridiculously hard to even quantify if you tried considering the vastly different things they're both asked to do.

Terrance Porkchop Knighton, that's cool the Mane calls him PotRoast. Alualu is so fantastic he made a probowl right? Your a pretty cool guy. Knighton is the key to that Jags D. Not Alualu.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 12:02 PM
Terrance Porkchop Knighton, that's cool the Mane calls him PotRoast. Alualu is so fantastic he made a probowl right? Your a pretty cool guy. Knighton is the key to that Jags D. Not Alualu.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrance_Knighton

Knighton is nicknamed "Pot Roast" by his teammates and the media

Like I said, "You're a poser" and nothing more.

And Tyson just finished his sophomore NFL season... he'll definitely see MANY probowls at the rate he's playing.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 12:05 PM
Apparently he goes by both PotRoast and Pork Chop. But saying Alualu is fantastic makes me think your high.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Your a ****ing poser douche. They call him PorkChop as well, I have several friends who live in JAX and one up here now, he's called PorkChop too. But back to your Alualu statement, we will see how fantastic he is without a good NT next to him.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 12:14 PM
While you did your google search, you would have saw that fans kept calling him Pork Chop,
But glad you trust a wiki page POSER.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 12:29 PM
While you did your google search, you would have saw that fans kept calling him Pork Chop,

I live here genius.

You just keep calling the sky red even when people put your wrong-ness on display.

You're making a good habit of being a clown and getting abused by anyone who even kinda knows what they're talking about

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 12:40 PM
I live here genius.

You just keep calling the sky red even when people put your wrong-ness on display.

You're making a good habit of being a clown and getting abused by anyone who even kinda knows what they're talking about

I acknowledged he is also called Pot Roast, prior to you saying that. But you should acknowledge that he is also called PorkChop.

Tell me how I get proven wrong all the time?
Indy ran the Tampa 2? I was correct.
Knighton is better than Alualu.. Time will tell.

BroncoInferno
05-11-2012, 12:47 PM

I think there is very little chance that Wolfe is an outright bust, which is one reason I liked him so much going into the draft. His floor is a lot higher than boom-or-bust DTs like Worthy and Poe. For starters, he was easily the most productive DT in the draft. His work ethic and motor to me nearly guarantees that he will be a solid rotational guy, worst case scenario. Plus, I think his athletcism is highly underrated. At the combine, the dude ran a 4.94 40 and a 7.26 3 cone drill. I've heard strength issues mentioned. He threw up 32 reps, which was better than Worthy. And he's got plenty of size at 6'5" 300 pounds. I just don't see what there is not to like. And I think there is little downside with him even if he has a lower ceiling than some of the other DT prospects (though, again, I think that notion is debatable).

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 01:13 PM
I acknowledged he is also called Pot Roast, prior to you saying that. But you should acknowledge that he is also called PorkChop.

Because he's NOT...

Link one place other than you and your similarly wrong friends that refer to him as "Pork Chop"?

His facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Terrance-Pot-Roast-Knighton/169688326396702

PFT:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/29/terrance-knighton-hates-the-texans-arrogance/

Jacksonville.com:

The man affectionately known as “Pot Roast” to teammates and fans is fitter than he was when he reported to training camp last season after the lockout, and he intends to stay on that course throughout this offseason.

http://jacksonville.com/sports/football/jaguars/2012-04-04/story/jaguars-pot-roast-leaner-cut#ixzz1uadISL8H

The ****ing origin of the nickname:

Best nickname, “Pot Roast.” Jacksonville defensive tackle Terrance Knighton ordered it his rookie year in range of teammate Clint Ingram, and Ingram turned it into a nickname that stuck.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/41315/best-of-nfl-afc-south-players

------------------------------------------

Once again, you're caught being completely wrong and once again can't just admit it.

You're a punchline.

DBroncos4life
05-11-2012, 01:27 PM

I googled Terrance Porkchop Knighton and this thread is the only thing to show up.

Ray Finkle
05-11-2012, 01:34 PM
This thread delivers!

barryr
05-11-2012, 01:37 PM
I thought the thread was about the signing of Florence? I am surprised he signed, so the Broncos must have plans for him to play a lot and maybe push Porter for a starting job. Brings great depth, which this team needs however they can get it and will help against teams with big passing attacks that use 3-4 WR sets.

SureShot
05-11-2012, 01:47 PM
Revslapped!

gyldenlove
05-11-2012, 01:52 PM

The only player I know to be called porkchop is Floyd Womack.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 02:07 PM
Google Terrance PorkChop Knighton see what comes up for all the geniuses out here. You can all ban together cause you think Rev is smart. He's not he's a douche who posts smart ass comments to people. Warren Sapp even calls him PorkChop on NFL network.

The point here is, REV, you think Alualu is fantastic. Your off your rocker if you think Alualu is fantastic, yet he's never been to the probowl. And people always say he was just NFL ready his ceiling is low. But he's fantastic right bro?

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Not lookin good for the ole porkchop arguement. But it does look like a roast is beginning to warm up in here.

JLesSPE
05-11-2012, 02:11 PM
This thread is making me hungry

SureShot
05-11-2012, 02:12 PM
Quit crying jersey fan.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 02:14 PM
Not lookin good for the ole porkchop arguement. But it does look like a roast is beginning to warm up in here.

Not good because the REV says he's never been called that? He's ****ing wrong.
I had not heard the pot roast reference before, but I admitted that and didn't deny he could have been called that. Rev thinks he's a know it all.

The bigger point is he thinks Alualu is "fantastic." that's a bit much.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Quit crying jersey fan.

Tebow will never be a tenth of the QB Peyton is. Let me guess you'd rather not have Peyton on your team. I like Peyton cry about it bro.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 02:17 PM
Google Terrance PorkChop Knighton see what comes up for all the geniuses out here. You can all ban together cause you think Rev is smart. He's not he's a douche who posts smart ass comments to people. Warren Sapp even calls him PorkChop on NFL network.

The point here is, REV, you think Alualu is fantastic. Your off your rocker if you think Alualu is fantastic, yet he's never been to the probowl. And people always say he was just NFL ready his ceiling is low. But he's fantastic right bro?

This is past the point of sad...

SureShot
05-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Tebow will never be a tenth of the QB Peyton is. Let me guess you'd rather not have Peyton on your team. I like Peyton cry about it bro.

I agree on Tebow Peyton is one of the All Time greats but what do I know Im just a fan of the Broncos not a name on a jersey.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 02:20 PM
This is past the point of sad...

Yeah cause I called him a name I have heard people call him. So then they were wrong and now I am wrong. But at least I didn't say a solid player was fantastic. You can't evaluate talent for ****. I'd rather get the nick name wrong then the player evaluation wrong.

DBroncos4life
05-11-2012, 02:22 PM

Like I said I googled it and this is the first thread that pops up.Ha!

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Well I googled it and the only things that come up are message board references, this one included. There was a couple jags boards that had porkchop in it. But then had jags fans ridiculing the porkchop poster for not saying pot roast

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 02:24 PM
I agree on Tebow Peyton is one of the All Time greats but what do I know Im just a fan of the Broncos not a name on a jersey.

Lots of people like players and will follow him/her. You think all the Jordan fans were Bulls fans first? Or all Kobe fans are Lakers fans? What about if you liked Roger Clemens? He played on multiple teams. So how is that a knock on me. My favorite player is going to win the Broncos SBs that they sure weren't gonna win with Tebow or Osweiler or someone else, over the next five years.

SureShot
05-11-2012, 02:26 PM
Lots of people like players and will follow him/her. You think all the Jordan fans were Bulls fans first? Or all Kobe fans are Lakers fans? What about if you liked Roger Clemens? He played on multiple teams. So how is that a knock on me. My favorite player is going to win the Broncos SBs that they sure weren't gonna win with Tebow or Osweiler or someone else, over the next five years.

I know that you ****in dumbass they are called jersey fans for a reason.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 02:27 PM
Well I googled it and the only things that come up are message board references, this one included. There was a couple jags boards that had porkchop in it. But then had jags fans ridiculing the porkchop poster for not saying pot roast

So then I have heard wrong and been told wrong. Again I'd rather get a nickname wrong then saying a solid player is "fantastic" that's like saying McGahee is a fantastic RB.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-11-2012, 02:29 PM

Being a Stanford fan Im gonna follow Lucks career. Not sure the Kobe thing works. To be a fan of him you gotta be a lakers fan. Pretty much everyone hates the guy outside LA. With Jordan, Im sure there was an influx of tar heels that became bulls fans. But not sure many bulls fans became wizard fans.

gyldenlove
05-11-2012, 02:34 PM

83 google results for Terrance porkchop Knighton
18.100 google results for Terrance pot roast Knighton

pot roast is winning this one.

WolfpackGuy
05-11-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm fine with the new DB's they're bringing in as long as their nicknames aren't "Toast"...

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-11-2012, 02:44 PM

I think we're being built similar to the way the Colts were. We are being designed to play with a lead, so IMO, a dime DB will see the field at least 10 snaps a game.

Hulamau
05-11-2012, 02:48 PM
love the signing, more depth, more quality and some competition is gonna be up in this mother****er!

And more good news is that Champ is gonna ride this bunch HARD this year staring right now! ..he will demand total accountability and no plays off.. not with Manning here and the clock ticking for both he and Champ!

Throw in the tough competition now and with Chris Harris possibly improved enough to beat them all out save for Champ, this is going to help us tremendously having a solid Corner stable across the board and good depth...

Don't sleep on Coryell Judie possible making the team as well (assuming his hammy is well healed as it should be??) along with Bolden and bumping Squid and possibly Vaughn.

Duke Ihenacho has potential at safety too and likely makes the PS if not the roster.

Three of our five DB starters in Champ, Adams and Florence are north of 30 but the rest are young including Porter who will surely be re-signed if he pans out at all this year.

We need at least two more of these younger corners to really blossom from amongst Harris, Bolton and Judie or even Vaughn ... as well as big strides by Quentin at safety and Moore as well Ihenacho becoming the steal he might well be.

And then grab a stud Champ replacement at corner in the first or second round of 2013 draft and move Champ to another starting safety spot and we should be alright going forward .. at least for the rest of the Manning era wrapping up with a couple SB wins in 2013/14 .. :peace:

Shananahan
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Bmore Manning was a Colts fan, right?

gyldenlove
05-11-2012, 03:27 PM
Florence seems like an insurance policy for Porter. There is no doubt Champ is going to get every shot at LCB and Porter is tentatively penciled in at RCB, I am not sure Florence has the required quickness to match up in the slot so if he finds his way into the top 3 we may be in a situation where Champ or Porter goes to the slot in nickel situations, like we did with Vaughn 2 years ago.

Of the younger guys, Thompson, Vaughn, Harris, Judie and Bolden it will be interesting to see who steps up. Harris has the inside track with his play from last season and Bolden with his draft status will also be an unlikely cut. Vaughn has better size than Thompson to play the outside, but Thompson is a guy with excellent instincts - I just hope he won't be timid coming back him injury.

I think there is an outside chance that if enough of the young guys show promise and progression we keep 6 CBs and may experiment with moving Champ to FS in some packages - especially given the lack of depth at safety.

Carter and Adams are the presumed starters at safety, Moore really has to show he has improved from last year, beyond that depth is poor at best. Carter is better af strong safety and Adams is a natural fit at free safety so they should fit each other well.

Lestat
05-11-2012, 05:24 PM
i love to see competition and quality players providing it. now if we could get this to happen at DT and MLB i'd be stoked. we have some nice talent there but we need to continue to upgrade in each draft.

CB shouldn't be a issue until we have to find the next Champ(i know, i know, there isn't one, but i mean a top true #1 CB)

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 05:34 PM
i love to see competition and quality players providing it. now if we could get this to happen at DT and MLB i'd be stoked. we have some nice talent there but we need to continue to upgrade in each draft.

CB shouldn't be a issue until we have to find the next Champ(i know, i know, there isn't one, but i mean a top true #1 CB)

Well word is they like Siliga to earn some time at NT.. I'd like to see one more DT brought in. Franklin will push Mays/Irving, so I think that MLB will have some competition. Maybe another quality DT will push the rest.
3Techs: Wolfe, Garland, Bannan (Run Downs), Vickerson
1Techs: Warren, Siliga

I see more 3Techs than anything. So a stout NT or one who can offer some pass rush would be great.

shalowlow
05-11-2012, 05:44 PM
I can't believe I researched this, but this what I've managed to piece together regarding the pot roast, porkchop issue:

His nickname is pot roast.

Jon Gruden was trying to be his insider golly gee I love every player self on MNF and called him Porkchop instead of pot roast because he doesn't actually know or care about said player.

Few people cared.

Rev Wins.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Warren Sapp has called him PorkChop as well, I have heard others too. I didn't think people would make up nick names. Guess I was wrong there.

Where I was not wrong and your favorite poster Rev was wrong, was him calling Alualu "fantastic." You don't need to research to know Alualu is solid and not fantastic. I care more about player evaluation then nick names.

Lestat
05-11-2012, 07:26 PM
Well word is they like Siliga to earn some time at NT.. I'd like to see one more DT brought in. Franklin will push Mays/Irving, so I think that MLB will have some competition. Maybe another quality DT will push the rest.
3Techs: Wolfe, Garland, Bannan (Run Downs), Vickerson
1Techs: Warren, Siliga

I see more 3Techs than anything. So a stout NT or one who can offer some pass rush would be great.

hopefully he works out but i see Monsanto Pope and Mario Fatafehi dancing around in my head when remembering the hope that so & so DT would step up.

DBroncos4life
05-11-2012, 07:29 PM
Warren Sapp has called him PorkChop as well, I have heard others too. I didn't think people would make up nick names. Guess I was wrong there.

Where I was not wrong and your favorite poster Rev was wrong, was him calling Alualu "fantastic." You don't need to research to know Alualu is solid and not fantastic. I care more about player evaluation then nick names.

So Rev can't have an opinion about a player but, you can just make up random ****? Knowing rev and judging by how upset you are about this issue its clear that rev got his desired effect from you.

Shananahan
05-11-2012, 07:44 PM

Which team did you root for before this year?

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 07:45 PM
So Rev can't have an opinion about a player but, you can just make up random ****? Knowing rev and judging by how upset you are about this issue its clear that rev got his desired effect from you.

Go hold his hand bro.

DBroncos4life
05-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Go hold his hand bro.
Won't you be my broseph, Bro?

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 07:57 PM
Which team did you root for before this year?

I am a fan of football. I watch every game Direct TV and the Sunday NFL ticket will allow. Last year was a very sad year not watching my favorite player. But it was great to watch so many different teams, really sit back and enjoy the game.
I cheered for the Colts to go winless, to show how Manning was so great. I saw how weak Indy was. Plus I knew he would get cut or they would trade the Luck pick and stock their team for SB runs.

I cheered for the Ravens, but that's difficult cause I think Joe Flacco sucks. I am happy Peyton is in Denver, I like the draft more than most others because Denver listened to their own scouts, not Mel Kipers picks. Elway is spending money to win and I like that a lot! I thought if Peyton went to San Fran they would have been unstoppable, but Denver has a team styled to Peyton's strengths that can grow to be great!

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 07:59 PM
Won't you be my broseph, Bro?

I thought we were cool, until you started your Bannan bull****. And then of course I get ganged up on, for hearing a wrong nick name.

houghtam
05-11-2012, 08:03 PM
I am a fan of football. I watch every game Direct TV and the Sunday NFL ticket will allow. Last year was a very sad year not watching my favorite player. But it was great to watch so many different teams, really sit back and enjoy the game.
I cheered for the Colts to go winless, to show how Manning was so great. I saw how weak Indy was. Plus I knew he would get cut or they would trade the Luck pick and stock their team for SB runs.

I cheered for the Ravens, but that's difficult cause I think Joe Flacco sucks. I am happy Peyton is in Denver, I like the draft more than most others because Denver listened to their own scouts, not Mel Kipers picks. Elway is spending money to win and I like that a lot! I thought if Peyton went to San Fran they would have been unstoppable, but Denver has a team styled to Peyton's strengths that can grow to be great!

Soo...Colts?

DBroncos4life
05-11-2012, 08:21 PM
I thought we were cool, until you started your Bannan bull****. And then of course I get ganged up on, for hearing a wrong nick name.

It's not my fault you think Rogers is so great. I've gave what I believe to be legit reasons why Rogers is not a good fit here. His age, weight, and us wanting to be a high paced O. There is a reason why only the Giants brought him. They no depth outside their two starters.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 08:22 PM

For acting like an expert on a player, then immediately following that by exhibiting you really know nothing about him.

...and then, of course, adamantly refusing to admit you're wrong when it's plain as ****ing day.

It's like you knocking someone for saying something positive about Montana or Marino while supporting your opinion with a reference to John "The Count" Elway. People would clearly know you're full of ****, then point out his nickname is "The Duke" not "The Count" and then you'd say "No it isnt" for a while before then spinning it into "People use both".

No... you're just insanely wrong. And stupid.

Really, really stupid.

Punisher
05-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Nice

oubronco
05-11-2012, 08:31 PM
Shyt's getting real up in this Beeotch

NorCalBronco7
05-11-2012, 08:38 PM
god i hate fans of a single player. the thread became super entertaining though. . .

Cito Pelon
05-11-2012, 08:53 PM
Denver hasn't added much at all with those two FA's. Granted, they'll probably be much better than Goodman tackling any ball-carrier at any time, anywhere, but at some point they'll have to spend big money on CB's. Judie and Bolden might bail them out, it was worth a try, we'll see.

TheReverend
05-11-2012, 08:55 PM
Denver hasn't added much at all with those two FA's. Granted, they'll probably be much better than Goodman tackling any ball-carrier at any time, anywhere, but at some point they'll have to spend big money on CB's. Judie and Bolden might bail them out, it was worth a try, we'll see.

If healthy Bolden should develop into a very capable starter.

If healthy Judie should develop into a player that will still probably never see an active roster.

gyldenlove
05-11-2012, 09:17 PM

If healthy Judie should develop into a player that will still probably never see an active roster.

Bolden looks like a good fit at RCB, I hope he can stay healthy for a while so he can really get on the field and work with the coaches and get some experience.

Bolden, Harris and Thompson all look like good prospects to me, I think Vaughn may be at the end of the line.

gyldenlove
05-11-2012, 09:19 PM

The big problem with Goodman was his lousy closing speed and ball awareness, he allowed so many completions because he couldn't close the gap he had to give people to avoid getting burned. I hope Porter will prove more disruptive in getting hands on passes and causing incompletions - Bolden covers best when he gives a bit of a cushion but he has excellent closing speed and contests a ton of passes.

Cito Pelon
05-11-2012, 09:35 PM

They brought in plenty of mediocre guys to compete, be it at DB, returner, or just generally ST's.

DBroncos4life
05-11-2012, 09:44 PM
They brought in plenty of mediocre guys to compete, be it at DB, returner, or just generally ST's.

Porter is mediocre? LOL

Cito Pelon
05-11-2012, 09:48 PM
Reading this thread is making me make dinner plans for tomorrow. Pork chops or pot roast? Both are good choices. Had broiled catfish & potatoes/corn/salad tonight, so either are a good change of pace.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:00 PM
For acting like an expert on a player, then immediately following that by exhibiting you really know nothing about him.

...and then, of course, adamantly refusing to admit you're wrong when it's plain as ****ing day.

It's like you knocking someone for saying something positive about Montana or Marino while supporting your opinion with a reference to John "The Count" Elway. People would clearly know you're full of ****, then point out his nickname is "The Duke" not "The Count" and then you'd say "No it isnt" for a while before then spinning it into "People use both".

No... you're just insanely wrong. And stupid.

Really, really stupid.

Bro, go watch Alualu, let me know how that works out for you.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:01 PM
god i hate fans of a single player. the thread became super entertaining though. . .

You just joined douche. So who are you a fan of?

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:03 PM

You don't know **** about what a player is going to develop into. You think the slightly above average Alualu is fantastic. Who the **** says fantastic anyway.

Broncos_OTM
05-11-2012, 10:26 PM
that's pure comedy right there.

NorCalBronco7
05-11-2012, 10:32 PM

Ive been a BRONCOS fan for about 20 years now BRO. Not that I need to validate anything to a player fan. . . you seem confused enough.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:34 PM
Ive been a BRONCOS fan for about 20 years now BRO. Not that I need to validate anything to a player fan. . . you seem confused enough.

I'm not confused. I follow the Greatest QB to ever play the game, who you Bronco fans are very fortunate to have as a part of your organization.

Broncos_OTM
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I'm not confused. I follow the Greatest QB to ever play the game, who you Bronco fans are very fortunate to have as a part of your organization.
I give you three more months until your on the Agamemnon level

NorCalBronco7
05-11-2012, 10:42 PM

Nobody has any respect for "fans" like you, BRO.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:44 PM

I'm probably more hated than he is.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:46 PM
Nobody has any respect for "fans" like you, BRO.

I don't really care what you think. In February, you'll be counting your blessings that Peyton is a Bronco. I would think long time Bronco fans would welcome new fans, not gang up on them and treat them like such ****.

NorCalBronco7
05-11-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm probably more hated than he is.

Your definitely as stupid ;)

pricejj
05-11-2012, 10:48 PM
I feel like the FO is so personally vested in his potential success (after those draft day shenanigans) that he's going to get opportunities heaped on him to the point where failing in the fashion of a traditional "bust" would be damn near impossible.

I'm going to give Wolfe the benefit of the doubt, but I don't think he is an explosive or impressive player. Glad to know he made it from the meth trailers to the NFL though. Like I said, he will be a bust.
LOL

The only 3 people in the football universe calling Wolfe a bust on his 1st day of practice as a Bronco, all because he is white:
1. Req
2. Rev
3. Dmac from 104.3 the Fan

That's some rarified air boys. It ain't too late to change your mind...

Anyway, back to Drayton Florence...freaking stoked ;D

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:49 PM
I'm not stupid, that's real mature. Lets just keep on bashing.

NorCalBronco7
05-11-2012, 10:52 PM
I don't really care what you think. In February, you'll be counting your blessings that Peyton is a Bronco. I would think long time Bronco fans would welcome new fans, not gang up on them and treat them like such ****.

Your a player fan in the ultimate team sport. Again, anybody who has been through the ups and downs with their team wont ever repect a "fan" like you. That and I can count your brain cells on one hand.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:52 PM
LOL

The only 3 people in the football universe calling Wolfe a bust on his 1st day of practice as a Bronco, all because he is white:
1. Req
2. Rev

Req at least wants to be proven wrong, Rev doesn't know **** about talent. He thinks Alualu is just fantastic, in his best RuPaul voice with a lisp.

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 10:53 PM
Your a player fan in the ultimate team sport. Again, anybody who has been through the ups and downs with their team wont ever repect a "fan" like you. That and I can count your brain cells on one hand.

That's cool, I hope to grow up and be just like you.

CEH
05-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Jax suffered from a piss poor rookie QB but their defense was top 10 .

Hell to the yeah I'd take Tyson Alualu right now. He's one of the better DT to be drafted in the last 5 years.

Geno Atkins is probably the best DT to be drafted based on ROI

I think he just made the top 100

yerner
05-12-2012, 07:35 AM
how the hell can drayton florence get eight pages?

Bmore Manning
05-12-2012, 07:58 AM
Jax suffered from a piss poor rookie QB but their defense was top 10 .

Hell to the yeah I'd take Tyson Alualu right now. He's one of the better DT to be drafted in the last 5 years.

Geno Atkins is probably the best DT to be drafted based on ROI

I think he just made the top 100

One of the better DTs to be drafted I agree. "Fantastic?" Nope. Jags were putrid at getting sacks, and Alualu is an under tackle, that's his job. Again, I think he's solid, but he's not "fantastic". Jags have a good run D. That's all Knighton, and great LBs against the run. But it's mainly a product of Del Rio, which he should make this D top 10!

Requiem
05-12-2012, 08:04 AM
LOL

1. Req
2. Rev

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mfgDXd0Cc2c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I picture Methman Wolfe sitting in his trailer in the town that raised him anxiously awaiting a call listening to this song. At the ~3:20 minute mark, John Elway gives him the call. Wolfe runs out, starts his rusted Old's Cutlass and begins tippin' the whip, throwing powder up into the air. No longer a one man Wolfe pack. He had finally made it -- from the tumultuous meth alley to Dove Valley. He is a star now.

Godspeed, Derek Wolfe.

TheReverend
05-12-2012, 08:33 AM
LOL

1. Req
2. Rev

...what?

TheReverend
05-12-2012, 08:34 AM

It only took days

TheReverend
05-12-2012, 08:40 AM
Req at least wants to be proven wrong, Rev doesn't know **** about talent. He thinks Alualu is just fantastic, in his best RuPaul voice with a lisp.

Your sour grapes over being repeatedly humiliated by me taste delicious

houghtam
05-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Probably as good a time as any to remind everyone how awful those "legions" of Tebow fans were who didn't give a **** about the Broncos and only rooted for Tebow. Thank GOD they're gone and Manning won't bring any of his fans with him.

Bmore Manning
05-12-2012, 09:07 AM
Your sour grapes over being repeatedly humiliated by me taste delicious

Nobody on this site has "humiliated" me. If you are happy with getting a nickname right, it shows how pathetic you are. Get your glory on a fan forum loser.

Bmore Manning
05-12-2012, 09:09 AM
Probably as good a time as any to remind everyone how awful those "legions" of Tebow fans were who didn't give a **** about the Broncos and only rooted for Tebow. Thank GOD they're gone and Manning won't bring any of his fans with him.

How can I cheer for Peyton without cheering for the Broncos. Peyton fans and Tebow fans are vastly different. Peyton fans want SBs, Tebow fans just want him to see the field and hopefully become a starter.

boltaneer
05-12-2012, 06:53 PM
How can I cheer for Peyton without cheering for the Broncos. Peyton fans and Tebow fans are vastly different. Peyton fans want SBs, Tebow fans just want him to see the field and hopefully become a starter.

What if Peyton goes down in week 2. Then what do you do?

As for Florence, I'm glad the Broncos signed him before the Chargers had a chance to. His first tour in SD was enough.

Bigdawg26
05-12-2012, 07:13 PM
how the hell can drayton florence get eight pages?

I don't think this thread is really about Florence anymore lol!

Cito Pelon
05-12-2012, 08:40 PM
Bolden looks like a good fit at RCB, I hope he can stay healthy for a while so he can really get on the field and work with the coaches and get some experience.

Bolden, Harris and Thompson all look like good prospects to me, I think Vaughn may be at the end of the line.

Vaughn was an adequate backup, but ST's he was real good at seemed to me, good guy to have around. But they drafted and FA'd a lot of potential upgrades so yeah, maybe it's the end for him. Porter/Florence are probably not ST'rs, so that leaves maybe Bolden and Judie to fill the ST role. We'll see, they brought in a lot of competion at DB, I'm looking forward to see how they compete.

Cito Pelon
05-12-2012, 08:46 PM
Porter is mediocre? LOL

Yeah, pretty much IMO. I think he's an upgrade over Goodman. That D he played on in NO was a little twisted with Greg Williams overseeing it, so maybe he's better than he played the last year.

Bmore Manning
05-12-2012, 08:53 PM

As for Florence, I'm glad the Broncos signed him before the Chargers had a chance to. His first tour in SD was enough.

Your pathetic team needs all the help it can get.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-12-2012, 09:24 PM
Thoughts/Opinions:

1. Like the Florence signing, gives us a decent 4 deep CB rotation. I think Bolden and Vaughn fill out the CB roster, mostly focusing on special teams.

2. Knighton's nickname is definitely Pot Roast and never Pork Chop. However, there was a fat redneck back in high school called Pork Chop that I recall.

3. Alualu has been lackluster so far in Jacksonville. They made a pretty big point this offseason to blame the results on a knee injury he's endured since his initial training camp, finally having surgery this offseason to correct it, and to expect greatly improved play as of this season. Not having legitimate impact healthy DE's hasn't helped his cause either. But, I would opine that to this point, he's on the edge of being labeled a bust. Starting every game is great, playing injured is great, and giving good effort is great. But you need a lot more penetration and production from a #10 overall 3 tech. This year should be very telling.

4. Derek Wolfe was an excellent selection and was solid draft value when we took him. I expect good things from Day 1.

boltaneer
05-13-2012, 01:25 AM
Your pathetic team needs all the help it can get.

You still didn't answer my question. :)

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 02:08 AM

if Philip Rivers goes down in week 2, what do you do? You can pretty much make the same comment for any contending team in the NFL aside from maybe SF.

houghtam
05-13-2012, 08:54 AM

After his surgery, Manning is stronger than ever and impossible to injure, despite the fact that he'll be playing behind one of the worst lines in football.

You heard it here first.

Bmore Manning
05-13-2012, 11:01 AM
After his surgery, Manning is stronger than ever and impossible to injure, despite the fact that he'll be playing behind one of the worst lines in football.

You heard it here first.

No, they heard that second with you. I have been reassuring people he will not be injured. :)

Bmore Manning
05-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Thoughts/Opinions:

1. Like the Florence signing, gives us a decent 4 deep CB rotation. I think Bolden and Vaughn fill out the CB roster, mostly focusing on special teams.

2. Knighton's nickname is definitely Pot Roast and never Pork Chop. However, there was a fat redneck back in high school called Pork Chop that I recall.

3. Alualu has been lackluster so far in Jacksonville. They made a pretty big point this offseason to blame the results on a knee injury he's endured since his initial training camp, finally having surgery this offseason to correct it, and to expect greatly improved play as of this season. Not having legitimate impact healthy DE's hasn't helped his cause either. But, I would opine that to this point, he's on the edge of being labeled a bust. Starting every game is great, playing injured is great, and giving good effort is great. But you need a lot more penetration and production from a #10 overall 3 tech. This year should be very telling.

4. Derek Wolfe was an excellent selection and was solid draft value when we took him. I expect good things from Day 1.

Well Gruden and Sapp called him Porkchop. So I heard wrong and was wrong there. But I was right about Alualu, and the know it all Rev was wrong, he's not "fantastic"!!!

TheReverend
05-13-2012, 11:15 AM
Well Gruden and Sapp called him Porkchop. So I heard wrong and was wrong there. But I was right about Alualu, and the know it all Rev was wrong, he's not "fantastic"!!!

Your repeated Alualu slams are embarrassing as you pretending to know who Knighton is while calling him Porkchop.

You know nothing and you make it abuntantly clear to anyone with a clue.

The few people who aren't laughing at you will soon.

Enjoy

Bmore Manning
05-13-2012, 11:36 AM
Your repeated Alualu slams are embarrassing as you pretending to know who Knighton is while calling him Porkchop.

Enjoy

You dont know anything other than player nicknames. I still know who the better DT is on that line. You have no ability to evaluate talent. Yet you act like your some unspoken king around here. 30,000 posts of garbage I'm sure.

gyldenlove
05-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Thoughts/Opinions:

One thing I have noticed about the Wolfe pick is that he was pretty unanimously projected in the 3rd and 4th rounds by draft evaluators for a long time, he did move up just prior to the draft and a few had him in the low 1st or 2nd rounds. With that in mind I have not seen a single draft evaluation consider that pick a reach.

Wolfe may not quite have the athletic ability of guys like Still and Worthy, but the fact that his motor keeps running on every play really pushed him up the boards. I am not sold that he was the 2nd best 3T prospect in the draft, but I think he has the least downside and bust potential.

houghtam
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
One thing I have noticed about the Wolfe pick is that he was pretty unanimously projected in the 3rd and 4th rounds by draft evaluators for a long time, he did move up just prior to the draft and a few had him in the low 1st or 2nd rounds. With that in mind I have not seen a single draft evaluation consider that pick a reach.

Wolfe may not quite have the athletic ability of guys like Still and Worthy, but the fact that his motor keeps running on every play really pushed him up the boards. I am not sold that he was the 2nd best 3T prospect in the draft, but I think he has the least downside and bust potential.

My biggest concern with Wolfe is usually when the first thing people say about you is how hard a worker you are, it's because you lack talent. You're absolutely right about him being off most everyone's radar until just before the draft. To me, it shows that he benefited from a lot of hype. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I wasn't at all impressed with the pick.

TheReverend
05-13-2012, 12:21 PM
You dont know anything other than player nicknames. I still know who the better DT is on that line. You have no ability to evaluate talent. Yet you act like your some unspoken king around here. 30,000 posts of garbage I'm sure.

Lol.

Yes, if there's one thing I'm bad at, that's definitely it. And you know Indy's D scheme better than Med too.

TheReverend
05-13-2012, 12:25 PM
My biggest concern with Wolfe is usually when the first thing people say about you is how hard a worker you are, it's because you lack talent. You're absolutely right about him being off most everyone's radar until just before the draft. To me, it shows that he benefited from a lot of hype. I'm hoping I'm wrong, but I wasn't at all impressed with the pick.

Senior bowl all star

gyldenlove
05-13-2012, 02:52 PM

I think he compares favourably to a guy like Jared Crick who had similar production in his senior year, Wolfe is an equally hard worker but better put together physically. Wolfe is technically very sound, he understands angles, he understands leverage and how to use it, the only real weakness in his game is that he doesn't fly off the snap, but make no mistake if you think you can take him 1 on 1 all game he will make you pay.

Some players come up the draft process late, Jerod Mayo was a guy who was a middle round prospect until right before the draft when he flew up and he ended up going in the top 10.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-13-2012, 03:34 PM

I would actually say it's pretty clear that Wolfe was the second most athletic DT in this draft behind Fletcher Cox, especially going by the Combine tests. I think many people are not aware of just how exceptional Wolfe is as a prospect. He has excellent Size, Production, and Athleticism. He tape shows excellent technique, hand use, and endurance. He played in a legitimate conference and improved every season. He also has no major injuries that I'm aware of.

I see no reason why he shouldn't have been an expected first round pick. It was all there for everyone to see.

My buddy and I went to watch Day 2 of the draft at BW3's, and we were actually calling out for Wolfe or Worthy before the pick was announced. When TD announced the name, we were completely stunned it actually happened. Smiled the entire night after that despite not being overly thrilled with Osweiler and the trade up for Hillman.

I have no concerns about Wolfe at all, and while I agree he is a safe pick in terms of floor, I also think he can be a dynamic difference maker.

Bmore Manning
05-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Lol.

Yes, if there's one thing I'm bad at, that's definitely it. And you know Indy's D scheme better than Med too.

He was actually incorrect. Indy did not line up in 5 man 4-3 Under and Over fronts. They did not shift whatsoever. They ran over 60% of their defense in the base 4-3. I provided the links, I was right, he was wrong. I followed them for 14 years. I may have an idea what they did on defense. I'm not sure what makes him a qualified expert.

gyldenlove
05-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I would actually say it's pretty clear that Wolfe was the second most athletic DT in this draft behind Fletcher Cox, especially going by the Combine tests. I think many people are not aware of just how exceptional Wolfe is as a prospect. He has excellent Size, Production, and Athleticism. He tape shows excellent technique, hand use, and endurance. He played in a legitimate conference and improved every season. He also has no major injuries that I'm aware of.

I see no reason why he shouldn't have been an expected first round pick. It was all there for everyone to see.

My buddy and I went to watch Day 2 of the draft at BW3's, and we were actually calling out for Wolfe or Worthy before the pick was announced. When TD announced the name, we were completely stunned it actually happened. Smiled the entire night after that despite not being overly thrilled with Osweiler and the trade up for Hillman.

I have no concerns about Wolfe at all, and while I agree he is a safe pick in terms of floor, I also think he can be a dynamic difference maker.

Kendall Reyes had the best combine of any DT, Wolfe was impressive as well and Poe was impressive for his size but we knew he would be. Cox had a very good workout.

It is not his burst I am worried about, it is his timing, I have watched quite a bit of tape from his senior year and he is rarely if ever the first DL out of his stance. He is however quite a handful once he gets moving, he comes out of his stance with power and he really uses his hands and arms well, it helps that he has enormous bear paws and long arms so he has good reach.

There is nothing about Wolfe I am worried about, I think at the very least he will be a good player.

houghtam
05-13-2012, 05:34 PM
He was actually incorrect. Indy did not line up in 5 man 4-3 Under and Over fronts. They did not shift whatsoever. They ran over 60% of their defense in the base 4-3. I provided the links, I was right, he was wrong. I followed Manning for 14 years. I have no idea what they did on defense. I'm not sure what makes him a qualified expert.

FYP

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-13-2012, 05:46 PM
Kendall Reyes had the best combine of any DT, Wolfe was impressive as well and Poe was impressive for his size but we knew he would be. Cox had a very good workout.

It is not his burst I am worried about, it is his timing, I have watched quite a bit of tape from his senior year and he is rarely if ever the first DL out of his stance. He is however quite a handful once he gets moving, he comes out of his stance with power and he really uses his hands and arms well, it helps that he has enormous bear paws and long arms so he has good reach.

There is nothing about Wolfe I am worried about, I think at the very least he will be a good player.

I feel like the 3 Cone is the absolute best indicator of disruption and pass rush success for D-linemen, also the preferred drill for D-linemen by Mike Mayock. Wolfe was significantly better than Reyes there. They were pretty much equal in the other drills, though Reyes had a nice edge on the broad jump, and that could go quite well towards the point you are trying to make about initial explosion off the line.

My point is simply that Wolfe is a pretty phenominal athlete himself and nobody seems to be aware of it, possibly, as Broncology put it, because he's white, wasn't a big name, and looks like a meth head.

Bmore Manning
05-13-2012, 05:47 PM
FYP

Too bad I know what I'm talking about.

gyldenlove
05-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I feel like the 3 Cone is the absolute best indicator of disruption and pass rush success for D-linemen, also the preferred drill for D-linemen by Mike Mayock. Wolfe was significantly better than Reyes there. They were pretty much equal in the other drills, though Reyes had a nice edge on the broad jump, and that could go quite well towards the point you are trying to make about initial explosion off the line.

My point is simply that Wolfe is a pretty phenominal athlete himself and nobody seems to be aware of it, possibly, as Broncology put it, because he's white, wasn't a big name, and looks like a meth head.

I prefer 3-cone and broad jump for linemen, jumps are a good indicator of explosiveness out of the stance.

Drek
05-13-2012, 07:59 PM

Wolfe gets no credit as an athlete because he was viewed as a low natural talent hard worker playing in a second tier D1A conference. Its the standard evaluation of any highly productive guy who wasn't a big name high school recruit and who doesn't play for a big name school.

Often that assumption is true and the guy goes to the combine and thoroughly underwhelms. In Wolfe's case it wasn't accurate. Teams saw that at the combine, they had it confirmed at his pro day, and he's been an early 2nd round talent for a few months. The "late climber" story line happens because that is when the Kiper/McShay/Mayock types first hear about it.

The strongest endorsement to me was Wolfe talking about how Baltimore showed a ton of interest and he thought he was going at #35. If Upshaw wasn't there he probably would have. The Ravens track record on building a front seven is pretty bankable.

Bacchus
05-13-2012, 10:15 PM

That is an idiotic question. What if Rivers' goes down. ^5

ZONA
05-13-2012, 11:00 PM
I'm gonna go ahead and call it. Harris was an udrafted rookie last year and he made huge strides for a dude that wasn't even drafted. There are parts of his game that I thought were fantastic. I like how things are going for him and learning behind Champ is really going to help him. I think between him and the rookie CB from ASU, we got some nice young CB's who I think will turn out to be really solid. But I was gonna call it, I think Harris is the other starter opposite of Champ by season end. Just a hunch.

boltaneer
05-13-2012, 11:27 PM
if Philip Rivers goes down in week 2, what do you do? You can pretty much make the same comment for any contending team in the NFL aside from maybe SF.

Sigh.

You guys missed the point of my post.

I was asking Bmore Manning specifically what he would do if Peyton went down for the year.

Would he keep rooting for the Broncos? Would he lose interest because he seems to be a Manning fan first?

schaaf
05-13-2012, 11:31 PM
Wolfe gets no credit as an athlete because he was viewed as a low natural talent hard worker playing in a second tier D1A conference. Its the standard evaluation of any highly productive guy who wasn't a big name high school recruit and who doesn't play for a big name school.

Often that assumption is true and the guy goes to the combine and thoroughly underwhelms. In Wolfe's case it wasn't accurate. Teams saw that at the combine, they had it confirmed at his pro day, and he's been an early 2nd round talent for a few months. The "late climber" story line happens because that is when the Kiper/McShay/Mayock types first hear about it.

The strongest endorsement to me was Wolfe talking about how Baltimore showed a ton of interest and he thought he was going at #35. If Upshaw wasn't there he probably would have. The Ravens track record on building a front seven is pretty bankable.

This. I remember listening to Wolfe talk about after Baltimore picked he was in a frenzy because that's how positive him and his agent were that they were going to pick him. Nobody predicted that Upshae would fall that far which led them to leave Wolfe on the board for us

SonOfLe-loLang
05-13-2012, 11:47 PM
Sigh.

I was asking Bmore Manning specifically what he would do if Peyton went down for the year.

Would he keep rooting for the Broncos? Would he lose interest because he seems to be a Manning fan first?

Oh, well, that is a good question!

pricejj
05-14-2012, 09:26 AM

I agree completely with Drek and MUG.

Worthy was drafted #51 overall to play 3-4 DE, which should give people an indication of how NFL teams view him. He is more of an edge-holder than a penetrator. He has since confessed to taking plays off, and says "everybody does it". Really? Still was drafted #53 overall. Both of these DT's values were highly overrated by nfldraftscout and Mike Mayock leading up to the draft. Obviously NFL GM"s didn't bite.

Wolfe outperformed both Worth and Still in every category at the combine...so people who continue to claim that Still and Worthy are "more athletic" than Wolfe, really have no idea what they are talking about.

Wolfe is stronger, can jump higher, and run faster. Not only that, his production vastly outperforms every single other DT in the class. I will be going to training camp (hopefully early) to scrutinize Wolfe, and will give a full report of what I see.

Like MUG, I have been smiling ever since the draft, specifically because of the Wolfe pick.

Bmore Manning
05-14-2012, 10:46 AM
Sigh.

I got the point of what you asked, I just don't see why you have a vested interest in who I would or wouldn't cheer for.

BroncoBen
05-14-2012, 10:46 AM
What I like about Wolfe is he has a chip on his shoulder about being passed over in the 1st round, he said something about 'someone is going to pay'. He was even peeved the Broncos traded back and didn't draft him in the first round.

boltaneer
05-14-2012, 12:00 PM
I got the point of what you asked, I just don't see why you have a vested interest in who I would or wouldn't cheer for.

Based on your posts in this thread, I think it's a valid question.

So, are you going to answer the question or not?

Bmore Manning
05-14-2012, 12:08 PM
FYP

Kind of like how he said Indy didn't use wide 9 speed rushers, when that's exactly the technique and where Mathis and Freeney lined up. That shows he was off in schematics, to play the under or over the LDE and RDE would have to shift between 6&7 Technique. Freeney and Mathis did not do this, they strictly rushed the passer from wide 9 they were both too small and weak against the run to shift to power techniques. I know schemes, and I know what Indy did.

Nobody acknowledges he was wrong because he like Rev is some legend around here or some ****.

Bmore Manning
05-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Based on your posts in this thread, I think it's a valid question.

So, are you going to answer the question or not?

Again why do you have such a vested interest?

Lestat
05-14-2012, 12:41 PM
What I like about Wolfe is he has a chip on his shoulder about being passed over in the 1st round, he said something about 'someone is going to pay'. He was even peeved the Broncos traded back and didn't draft him in the first round.

so long as he plays like he has that chip and wants to dominate i'm good with that. i think it was great that he was at our pick when we got him. i will admit i was stunned when it wasn't Miller or Worthy(i did a jig when it wasn't Worthy).

Bmore Manning
05-14-2012, 12:48 PM
so long as he plays like he has that chip and wants to dominate i'm good with that. i think it was great that he was at our pick when we got him. i will admit i was stunned when it wasn't Miller or Worthy(i did a jig when it wasn't Worthy).

I wasn't relieved until another team took him! Then I was ecstatic!

SureShot
05-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Kind of like how he said Indy didn't use wide 9 speed rushers, when that's exactly the technique and where Mathis and Freeney lined up. That shows he was off in schematics, to play the under or over the LDE and RDE would have to shift between 6&7 Technique. Freeney and Mathis did not do this, they strictly rushed the passer from wide 9 they were both too small and weak against the run to shift to power techniques. I know schemes, and I know what Indy did.

Nobody acknowledges he was wrong because he like Rev is some legend around here or some ****.

You are out of your element Donny.

boltaneer
05-14-2012, 01:41 PM
Again why do you have such a vested interest?

I already explained why.

Afraid to answer the question? :flower:

Lestat
05-14-2012, 02:34 PM
I wasn't relieved until another team took him! Then I was ecstatic!

if he would have been there at the pick we used on Brock i would have been fine with the pick. he's good value from 50 on back.

fontaine
05-15-2012, 07:39 AM

Enjoy

Bmore Manning acts like someone's ruptured his hymen every time anyone disagrees with one of his "takes."

It's pretty funny although most probably unintentional on his part as it would take too much intelligent thought to consistantly and hilariously keep doing so.

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 08:02 AM
Bmore Manning acts like someone's ruptured his hymen every time anyone disagrees with one of his "takes."

It's pretty funny although most probably unintentional on his part as it would take too much intelligent thought to consistantly and hilariously keep doing so.

I have no issue with someone not agreeing. I have an issue with people telling me I am wrong on a black and white, cut and dry, yes or no issue.. Because the person I am arguing with is well known around here. Yet they are wrong about what they are claiming. Kind of like you saying it would take too much intelligence to do what I do, I guess it doesn't take much for you to voice your negative opinion and add fuel to the fire. It's easy to gang up on someone, it's not easy to hold your ground and stand by what I know is right against what the general consensus on here thinks. Especially when they gang up and lash out at you kind of like you just did.

fontaine
05-15-2012, 08:29 AM
I have no issue with someone not agreeing. I have an issue with people telling me I am wrong on a black and white, cut and dry, yes or no issue.. Because the person I am arguing with is well known around here. Yet they are wrong about what they are claiming. Kind of like you saying it would take too much intelligence to do what I do, I guess it doesn't take much for you to voice your negative opinion and add fuel to the fire. It's easy to gang up on someone, it's not easy to hold your ground and stand by what I know is right against what the general consensus on here thinks. Especially when they gang up and lash out at you kind of like you just did.

If you can't handle being wrong/don't like it so much, then there's always the door . . . . .

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 08:38 AM
If you can't handle being wrong/don't like it so much, then there's always the door . . . . .

Funny thing is guy, I have only been wrong about a nickname. I care more about the schemes and evaluations that I get right. Something you have never added to a thread.

Requiem
05-15-2012, 08:41 AM
Wrong on schemes too.

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 08:45 AM
Wrong on schemes too.

That's completely untrue. I was 100% right.

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Mediator said-

Indy ran 4-3 Under and Over which is a shift to the weak and strong side. It can and usually means blitzing the LB on the edge. It also appears as a five man front.

My Correct response-

Indy ran the base 4-3 Tampa 2 they did not shift Freeney or Mathis, they would sometimes stunt their DTs that's about the extent of the line movement. Indy did not blitz LBs off the edge.

Med said-

Freeney and Mathis didn't play wide 9 techniques.

My correct response-

Freeney and Mathis both played the wide 9. Their best attributes were their ability to get up field off the edge from the wide 9. They did not use the 6&7 technique which would represent the ability to shift over and under to play the run. Freeney and Mathis could not play the run!

My correct statement-

Indy ran the Tampa 2 which is zone corners, over the top shell safety help, and the mike dropping down the seam. They played a base prevent defense, forcing teams to have to go underneath and not match Peyton strike for strike. It also allowed the two best players on defense to do what they do best, rush off the edge. They ran over 60% of their plays from the 4-3 I provided a link that showed the D fronts, had Indy been in exotic formations, it would have showed more or less men at the line of scrimmage, which negates his 4-3 Over/Under shpeal. Because the other 30 some odd % was in nickel and dime.

Plus the eye doesn't deceive when the ends are in the wide 9 and not ever shifting. I was right he was wrong.

baja
05-15-2012, 09:05 AM
well I'm glad that is cleared up

errand
05-15-2012, 09:55 AM
I find it funny that Bronco fans, who take exception to outsiders trying to tell them about the very team they love and watched very closely telling a guy who admittedly watched the Colts the past decade plus what kind of scheme, etc. the Colts D ran.

If BmoreManning came in talking about what the Bronco did defensively the past decade, his credibility would be questionable (rightfully so) due to his not being a Bronco fan......I think his having watched the Colts play for 1.5 decades gives him credibility when discussing what the Colts did or didn't do....

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 10:26 AM
I find it funny that Bronco fans, who take exception to outsiders trying to tell them about the very team they love and watched very closely telling a guy who admittedly watched the Colts the past decade plus what kind of scheme, etc. the Colts D ran.

If BmoreManning came in talking about what the Bronco did defensively the past decade, his credibility would be questionable (rightfully so) due to his not being a Bronco fan......I think his having watched the Colts play for 1.5 decades gives him credibility when discussing what the Colts did or didn't do....

Thank You Errand!

Cmac821
05-15-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm more often then not a lurker but I'll throw my hat in the ring for Errand on being right...which I guess counts for Bmore Manning also

fontaine
05-15-2012, 11:42 AM
Funny thing is guy, I have only been wrong about a nickname. I care more about the schemes and evaluations that I get right. Something you have never added to a thread.

I've added plenty of my own analysis on OL threads for example. I just don't go around claiming my evaluations are absolutely "right" and get upset when someone disagrees.

You'll enjoy this board a lot more when you do the same instead of fueling a 10 page thread to keep repeating the same damn thing again and again.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-15-2012, 12:37 PM
I agree completely with Drek and MUG.

Worthy was drafted #51 overall to play 3-4 DE, which should give people an indication of how NFL teams view him. He is more of an edge-holder than a penetrator. He has since confessed to taking plays off, and says "everybody does it". Really? Still was drafted #53 overall. Both of these DT's values were highly overrated by nfldraftscout and Mike Mayock leading up to the draft. Obviously NFL GM"s didn't bite.

Wolfe outperformed both Worth and Still in every category at the combine...so people who continue to claim that Still and Worthy are "more athletic" than Wolfe, really have no idea what they are talking about.

Wolfe is stronger, can jump higher, and run faster. Not only that, his production vastly outperforms every single other DT in the class. I will be going to training camp (hopefully early) to scrutinize Wolfe, and will give a full report of what I see.

Like MUG, I have been smiling ever since the draft, specifically because of the Wolfe pick.

I definitely think Worthy is more of a penetrating force. He's ticketed to replace the production of Cullen Jenkins, whom was a dynamic DE rusher in Green Bay's 34 scheme, and went on to rack up gaudy stats as a 3 tech in Philly last year. Some 34 scheme's are two gap oriented, Green Bay is an attacking one gap scheme though, similar to Dallas. I cringe when I hear the criticism of 320 lb guys taking plays off when they are forced to play every snap for their college team and are consistently doubled. Worthy wasn't rotated, neither was Still, and both were the focus of the defense. I'd lump Wolfe in as well, but his motor is part of what makes him special in a JJ Watt sort of way, but then he wasn't always playing DT and taking doubles.

Still slipped a bit though because of health concerns, he's had a few surgeries in his past. I'm not sure why Worthy slipped, I have to think it's completely production based as his performance regressed from his Sophomore season, while similar players like Wolfe and Reyes were 4 year players going out on high notes. Worthy and Wolfe were neck and neck for me based on potential.

I, for one, can't wait to hear some of your evaluations about Wolfe from camp. If I lived in Denver, I would just do camp reports on the D-line every year since that's the position group I most enjoy.

pricejj
05-15-2012, 04:29 PM
I definitely think Worthy is more of a penetrating force. He's ticketed to replace the production of Cullen Jenkins, whom was a dynamic DE rusher in Green Bay's 34 scheme, and went on to rack up gaudy stats as a 3 tech in Philly last year. Some 34 scheme's are two gap oriented, Green Bay is an attacking one gap scheme though, similar to Dallas. I cringe when I hear the criticism of 320 lb guys taking plays off when they are forced to play every snap for their college team and are consistently doubled. Worthy wasn't rotated, neither was Still, and both were the focus of the defense. I'd lump Wolfe in as well, but his motor is part of what makes him special in a JJ Watt sort of way, but then he wasn't always playing DT and taking doubles.

Still slipped a bit though because of health concerns, he's had a few surgeries in his past. I'm not sure why Worthy slipped, I have to think it's completely production based as his performance regressed from his Sophomore season, while similar players like Wolfe and Reyes were 4 year players going out on high notes. Worthy and Wolfe were neck and neck for me based on potential.

I, for one, can't wait to hear some of your evaluations about Wolfe from camp. If I lived in Denver, I would just do camp reports on the D-line every year since that's the position group I most enjoy.

You have some very interesting points about Worthy...and thanks for the Cullen Jenkins update. Last year, this time, we were hoping to land him. :sunshine:

For me, Worthy's production always garnered him 2nd round status. You could look at some of his games (Ohio St., Georgia), and come away saying that he was on the verge of domination. During those two games, he had a lot of activity that did not show up on the stat sheet, but still affected plays....then you could watch him against Wisconsin and see that he didn't have any affect at all. I can see where people value him as a 1st rounder based on flashes, and like you said, the fact that he stayed never came out. You might be right MUG.

I will definitely post what I see at camp. I probably will only be able to make it to 1 or 2 practices, but I will do my best. I was excited to report what I saw with Von Miller last year. You could tell immediately that he was a pass-rushing phenom with the variety of moves he displayed, and uncanny speed.

ozomulsion
05-18-2012, 02:45 PM

People keep talking about how Bills fans are glad to see him go, bla, bla. A CB is only as good as the pass rush. The Bills just spent $95 mil on just one DE. The Bills were bad in every way shape and form last year.