PDA

View Full Version : Jamaal Charles promises to punish opposing defenses in 2012

Black96WS6
05-10-2012, 09:13 AM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7908615/jamaal-charles-kansas-city-chiefs-ahead-schedule-talking-big

"When I touch that field again, you're going to feel my pain," Charles told the Kansas City Star. "You're going to go through what I went through. It's going to be that way for me the rest of my career....<more>"

Drunk Monkey
05-10-2012, 09:25 AM
lolz, so he is a power back now.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-10-2012, 09:25 AM
He's gonna play like that? Then I predict this bozo is gonna get hurt even earlier than thought.

Kaylore
05-10-2012, 09:37 AM
Jamal Charles blows.

broncocalijohn
05-10-2012, 09:43 AM
He's gonna play like that? Then I predict this bozo is gonna get hurt even earlier than thought.

Well, he is listed at a big and robust 5 foot 11" and 199 pounds so that is a total power back...in the 1950s. I think he is a good runner but talk like that probably has Hillis ready to come in and take over the starting position when Charles gets knocked out. Hell, Moreno even thinks that is crazy talk.

StugotsIII
05-10-2012, 10:02 AM

More like a power bottom.

gyldenlove
05-10-2012, 10:41 AM
More like a power bottom.

He does love his tight ends.

bronco militia
05-10-2012, 10:47 AM
When I touch that field again, you're going to feel my pain," Charles told the Kansas City Star. "You're going to go through what I went through. It's going to be that way for me the rest of my career...."

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbP95tsvrHKibSyeZhzuPAjw5LfUWMu A70hrzY6j8H53aOzBZGspKUx96IYA

the thread title should have a fluff warning

;D

Bmore Manning
05-10-2012, 10:54 AM
I will now draft Hillis in the later stages of my fantasy drafts, knowing he will eventually take over for the IR'd Jamal Charles.

DBroncos4life
05-10-2012, 11:00 AM
I will now draft Hillis in the later stages of my fantasy drafts, knowing he will eventually take over for the IR'd Jamal Charles.

Who are you going to draft to replace Hillis when he goes on IR for sneezing?

Tombstone RJ
05-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Is this a contract year for charlie?

Requiem
05-10-2012, 11:20 AM
Won't start more than 12 games.

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 11:31 AM
Yeah, yeah, yeah, just shut up and play...

Bmore Manning
05-10-2012, 11:36 AM
Who are you going to draft to replace Hillis when he goes on IR for sneezing?

Romeo may suit up for some tailback... Lol

Ray Finkle
05-10-2012, 12:06 PM
reminds me of Young stating he'll break off 2K.....and got a total of what, 150 yards that season?

s0phr0syne
05-10-2012, 12:55 PM
I remember when Lesean McCoy was described as a rich man's Selvin Young...

DBroncos4life
05-10-2012, 01:02 PM
To be fair Young could have been good if god gave him more talent.

razorwire77
05-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Lolerz. Oh noes, a speed back with a bum wheel is teh madd.

Rolandftw
05-10-2012, 02:58 PM
The issue is whether he will cut the same. Could see why he's frustrated after missing a season on a fluke play.

Jetmeck
05-10-2012, 04:53 PM

LOLZ is right....he is a scat back who isn't built to carry the load..................

KCStud
05-10-2012, 09:59 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ltRrGeWgGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh how we forget. Btw Von Miller better practice his outside contain because he couldn't even stop McCluster last year lolz

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 10:06 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0ltRrGeWgGA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Oh how we forget. Btw Von Miller better practice his outside contain because he couldn't even stop McCluster last year lolz

Wait, if playing in a reduced capacity with an injury is a "knock" on Miller, what do we get to say about your RB that can't make it 4 games?

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 10:07 PM

Forget what? We all know he's a fast, agile back, but I don't see him making anyone feel any pain. I do see him nearly getting broken in half though. Hilarious!

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 10:11 PM
Forget what? We all know he's a fast, agile back, but I don't see him making anyone feel any pain. I do see him nearly getting broken in half though. Hilarious!

lol who was that suplexing him? rofl

strafen
05-10-2012, 10:16 PM
He's going to be Wolfed up, is what I think... Ha!

broncswin
05-10-2012, 10:25 PM
Stfu..dumb ****..play ball. Nothing like putting a target on your weak ass body!! Sick em Wolfe von doom!!

KCStud
05-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Wait, if playing in a reduced capacity with an injury is a "knock" on Miller, what do we get to say about your RB that can't make it 4 games?

Von Miller's hand had nothing to do with him not being able to contain McCluster on the outside.

If he can't beat McCluster to the outside then forget about Charles LOL

KCStud
05-10-2012, 10:33 PM
And Charles will have a much easier time this year. Albert and Winston are some of the best run blockers in the NFL.

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 10:38 PM
lol who was that suplexing him? rofl

Ayers.

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Von Miller's hand had nothing to do with him not being able to contain McCluster on the outside.

If he can't beat McCluster to the outside then forget about Charles LOL

The comedic part of this, is that you think Charles will still be carrying the ball in the second half of your games against us.

Miller doesn't even have to worry about Charles, as he will be pinning his ears back with Doom to smash your ****ball QB

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 10:39 PM
And Charles will have a much easier time this year. Albert and Winston are some of the best run blockers in the NFL.

You honestly think you guys are going to win more than half a dozen games next season don't you? Hilarious!

KCStud
05-10-2012, 10:43 PM
The comedic part of this, is that you think Charles will still be carrying the ball in the second half of your games against us.

Miller doesn't even have to worry about Charles, as he will be pinning his ears back with Doom to smash your ****ball QB

Yes because clearly the last time Von played against us he dominated our OL Ha!

Von Miller doesn't have the luxury of playing against the worst RT and blocking TE in the league anymore.

KC made a huge upgrade by getting Winston and Boss (and getting Moeaki back).

KCStud
05-10-2012, 10:47 PM
You honestly think you guys are going to win more than half a dozen games next season don't you? Hilarious!

Hate to tell ya this, but outside of Manning your team is below average and making the playoffs last year because of the easiest schedule in the division and Tebow's system hiding your OL flaws isn't going to cut it.

KC is more than capable of beating Denver with Manning. Your defense is suspect as is your OL.

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Yes because clearly the last time Von played against us he dominated our OL Ha!

Von Miller doesn't have the luxury of playing against the worst RT and blocking TE in the league anymore.

KC made a huge upgrade by getting Winston and Boss (and getting Moeaki back).

Didn't you only score 7? Scary.

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Hate to tell ya this, but outside of Manning your team is below average and making the playoffs last year because of the easiest schedule in the division and Tebow's system hiding your OL flaws isn't going to cut it.

KC is more than capable of beating Denver with Manning. Your defense is suspect as is your OL.

We were the only team in the division that didn't play Denver twice. By your logic, we made everyone elses schedule harder than ours. Thanks for the compliment!

KCStud
05-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Didn't you only score 7? Scary.

How many did you score again? Yes you have Manning, but we have Charles, Hillis and a much improved OL.

Manning isn't going to come in and automatically be Joe Montana when he was in KC.

Montana had a top 5 defense and an elite running game. Even Elway had a top 10 defense with elite talent at RB, TE and WR.

Manning has everything to give to the Broncos, but what do they give him to work with?

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 11:05 PM

Cool story, but you still have Cassel as your QB so all you are doing is talking out of your ass.

canadianbroncosfan
05-10-2012, 11:05 PM
How many did you score again? Yes you have Manning, but we have Charles, Hillis and a much improved OL.

Manning isn't going to come in and automatically be Joe Montana when he was in KC.

Montana had a top 5 defense and an elite running game. Even Elway had a top 10 defense with elite talent at RB, TE and WR.

Manning has everything to give to the Broncos, but what do they give him to work with?

Why do you keep posting about him like he matters?

KCStud
05-10-2012, 11:23 PM
Cool story, but you still have Cassel as your QB so all you are doing is talking out of your ass.

You thinking that Manning alone makes you SB contenders is talking out of your ass.

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 11:27 PM

That perrenial 13 win club was just LOADED with elite players in Indy right? They really carried Indy last year in Manning's absence. Keep trying.

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 11:29 PM
You thinking that Manning alone makes you SB contenders is talking out of your ass.

We won a playoff game last year WITHOUT one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.

KCStud
05-10-2012, 11:51 PM
That perrenial 13 win club was just LOADED with elite players in Indy right? They really carried Indy last year in Manning's absence. Keep trying.

When Manning won the SB, the defense played terrible during the season and then outstanding in the playoffs when it mattered.

Again, Manning offers Denver everything, but what does Denver offer Manning? What pieces does he have to work with?

The 20th ranked defense? A suspect OL?

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 11:54 PM

Hilarious!

Heh, if you actually look at my posting history, you'll see how absurd your post is.

I'm not talking about the Broncos, Manning, or Super Bowls. I'm talking about your team having a dog **** QB, no receiving threats that really scare anyone (and please spare me the Bowe nonsense, because that dude has alligator arms), a meh front seven, and a plethora of one dimensional backs. There's a reason that you guys are crap almost every year and haven't won a playoff game in two decades, and it isn't bad luck.

KCStud
05-10-2012, 11:57 PM
We won a playoff game last year WITHOUT one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.

And then what happened? NE scored 5 TD's on you in the first half. That's what happened.

Agamemnon
05-10-2012, 11:58 PM
When Manning won the SB, the defense played terrible during the season and then outstanding in the playoffs when it mattered.

Again, Manning offers Denver everything, but what does Denver offer Manning? What pieces does he have to work with?

The 20th ranked defense? A suspect OL?

I'm not even big on the Manning signing, and even I can tell you are trying to convince yourself of this crap more than any of us. The truth is that Denver and KC have both been struggling the last decade for the most part (you much more than us honestly), and we've mostly split with each other more often than not. And now we have Manning, while you still have Cassel. Seriously dude, you can keep blathering on and on about how great your team is, but on the field they have yet to prove anything other than that they are a bunch of losers.

Agamemnon
05-11-2012, 12:00 AM
And then what happened? NE scored 5 TD's on you in the first half. That's what happened.

I'm sorry, are you, a KC fan, trying to make light of a playoff win? Hilarious!

KCStud
05-11-2012, 12:06 AM
Hilarious!

Heh, if you actually look at my posting history, you'll see how absurd your post is.

I'm not talking about the Broncos, Manning, or Super Bowls. I'm talking about your team having a dog **** QB, no receiving threats that really scare anyone (and please spare me the Bowe nonsense, because that dude has alligator arms), a meh front seven, and a plethora of one dimensional backs. There's a reason that you guys are crap almost every year and haven't won a playoff game in two decades, and it isn't bad luck.

Yeah Bowe really sucks huh? He just led the NFL in TD's and was voted as a top 100 player by the players themselves.

Speaking of that, our ILB and OLB were also voted in the top 100 along with our Safety and one dimensional back that had 6+ yards a carry.

You guys have a ****ty playoff record yourselves since Elway retired. More playoff losses than wins and only 2 playoff wins in about 15 years, but whatever makes you feel better.

You have no safeties that scare anyone, your best defender is ancient, your DL scares nobody, your OL extremely overrated and your WR's scare nobody.

And the last time I looked, the 49ers are running the same plan we are and they were a play away from their chance to go to the SB.

Shananahan
05-11-2012, 12:10 AM
Sigh.

KCStud
05-11-2012, 12:16 AM
I love how Agememnon is saying our defense is meh, when they were the 3rd best defense in the league in the 2nd half of the season and 11th overall without Eric Berry.

Then saying Bowe sucks whenever he embarrassed Champ the last time they played. Ha!

Agamemnon
05-11-2012, 12:33 AM
Yeah Bowe really sucks huh? He just led the NFL in TD's and was voted as a top 100 player by the players themselves.

Speaking of that, our ILB and OLB were also voted in the top 100 along with our Safety and one dimensional back that had 6+ yards a carry.

You guys have a ****ty playoff record yourselves since Elway retired. More playoff losses than wins and only 2 playoff wins in about 15 years, but whatever makes you feel better.

You have no safeties that scare anyone, your best defender is ancient, your DL scares nobody, your OL extremely overrated and your WR's scare nobody.

And the last time I looked, the 49ers are running the same plan we are and they were a play away from their chance to go to the SB.

Again, this is not about the Broncos. Get that through your thick skull.

Your team is not very good. First and foremost because you have a ****ty starting QB. Beyond that you have some talent here and there, but pretty much no super stars. Seriously your overall roster is pretty meh. I mean you had the 11th ranked defense, and you think that's impressive? Where was your offense ranked again (Hilarious!)? And please spare me the injury sob story. Injuries happen. It's football.

Taco John
05-11-2012, 12:36 AM
Jamaal Charles promises to punish opposing defenses in 2012

Is he releasing a rap album or something?

Agamemnon
05-11-2012, 12:39 AM
I love how Agememnon is saying our defense is meh, when they were the 3rd best defense in the league in the 2nd half of the season and 11th overall without Eric Berry.

Then saying Bowe sucks whenever he embarrassed Champ the last time they played. Ha!

The last time Champ and Bowe faced each other, Bowe had 93 yards receiving and 0 TD's (and I doubt Champ was in man with him for all of it or even most of it--the fact that he only had three tackles tells me he wasn't). Not a bad day, but come on now, he didn't embarrass anybody.

Dexter
05-11-2012, 01:03 AM

I can understand what you're saying, but you saying the Broncos give Manning no pieces to work with is just as ignorant as Broncos fans saying the Chiefs have no talent.

Demaryius Thomas was INJURED half the season, came back with 551 Yards and 4 TDs starting only five games. The dude has talent, if he's healthy. Which he is.. for now.

Eric Decker also has talent, and will surprise next year. Don't be surprised when he has a big year with Manning as his QB

These guys also had Tebow throwing them the ball. So they didn't get very many targets.

We also had an offensive line that paved the way for the #1 rushing attack, and a 1,100 yard rusher in McGahee.

We have one of the best Corners in the NFL, a young up and coming defense, and TWO of the better pass rushers in the NFL.

Additionally, our TE's should be much improved in the passing game this year.

Lastly, hopefully we gained a x-factor type of player in Ronnie Hillman. If he turns out to be anything like Sproles is for the saints, Manning getting the ball to Hillman in the passing and running game is going to make teams miserable. It may be Manning's first year in this offense, but he's one of the smartest QB's to ever play the game. He'll figure out how to use his weapons quickly.

So, Manning has just as much if not more to work with than he had in Indy for the last two years. Don't act like we aren't a threat, and I'm sure the majority of Denver fans won't blindly dismiss the Chiefs and their young talent. Personally I think the Chiefs could make the playoffs this year, definitely. But considering they have no talent at QB even if they make it, I think they have the lowest chance out of anyone in the division to actually get to the Superbowl.

Once you guys get a QB who can play consistent ball, you'll be a contender. If you don't lose all your current talent before then that is.

Broncos_OTM
05-11-2012, 04:40 AM
I can understand what you're saying, but you saying the Broncos give Manning no pieces to work with is just as ignorant as Broncos fans saying the Chiefs have no talent.

Demaryius Thomas was INJURED half the season, came back with 551 Yards and 4 TDs starting only five games. The dude has talent, if he's healthy. Which he is.. for now.

Eric Decker also has talent, and will surprise next year. Don't be surprised when he has a big year with Manning as his QB

These guys also had Tebow throwing them the ball. So they didn't get very many targets.

We also had an offensive line that paved the way for the #1 rushing attack, and a 1,100 yard rusher in McGahee.

We have one of the best Corners in the NFL, a young up and coming defense, and TWO of the better pass rushers in the NFL.

Lastly, hopefully we gained a x-factor type of player in Ronnie Hillman. If he turns out to be anything like Sproles is for the saints, Manning getting the ball to Hillman in the passing and running game is going to make teams miserable. It may be Manning's first year in this offense, but he's one of the smartest QB's to ever play the game. He'll figure out how to use his weapons quickly.

So, Manning has just as much if not more to work with than he had in Indy for the last two years. Don't act like we aren't a threat, and I'm sure the majority of Denver fans won't blindly dismiss the Chiefs and their young talent. Personally I think the Chiefs could make the playoffs this year, definitely. But considering they have no talent at QB even if they make it, I think they have the lowest chance out of anyone in the division to actually get to the Superbowl.

Once you guys get a QB who can play consistent ball, you'll be a contender. If you don't lose all your current talent before then that is.prepped good post.

Kaylore
05-11-2012, 05:22 AM

Once you guys get a QB who can play consistent ball, you'll be a contender. If you don't lose all your current talent before then that is.

I'm going to save KCStud the time and give his response:

The Broncos have no talent and Manning's head will fall off as soon as leans forward more than four inches.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-11-2012, 06:55 AM
Two Words:

1. Matt

2. Cassell

LOL

ppablo
05-11-2012, 07:03 AM

Get'em boy! KC has nothing on us!

maher_tyler
05-11-2012, 09:48 AM

Yea, Doom and Von scare no one...you're a ****in moron!! Can't wait to see what Von can do with a full offseason and JDR coaching up the D.

Kaylore
05-11-2012, 09:59 AM
Yea, Doom and Von scare no one...you're a ****in moron!! Can't wait to see what Von can do with a full offseason and JDR coaching up the D.

Sheepstud is just in denial.

DENVERDUI55
05-11-2012, 10:16 AM
Even Elway had a top 10 defense with elite talent at RB, TE and WR.

?

You need to check on that. Denver had some bad defenses in the SB years. They were good at getting TO's but that was it.

maher_tyler
05-11-2012, 10:18 AM
Sheepstud is just in denial.

And he compairs the Chiefs with the 9ers LOL

Doggcow
05-11-2012, 10:46 AM

And when was the last time you had the opportunity to have 5 TD's scored on you after a playoff win?

Gotta be in it, to win it.

Doggcow
05-11-2012, 10:49 AM
His biggest knock- is on our QB who had an injury that you can recover from, and doesn't happen often.

His biggest defense- is his guys coming back from severe, commonly reoccurring injuries.

Black96WS6
05-11-2012, 11:19 AM
Jamaal Charles promises to punish opposing defenses in 2012

Is he releasing a rap album or something?

LOL. That seriously made me laugh-out-loud.

Black96WS6
05-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I hate to admit it but if Charles returns to form (and I'm not saying he will because who knows how he'll react to getting hit again with that injury), with Berry and Moeaki, they have a few decent pieces.

The problem with that team though is, they have a decent backup QB, who, unfortunately, is also their starting QB :wiggle:

Can you honestly say the following with a straight face?

"I think the Chiefs will win the Superbowl this year"

:spit:

CEH
05-11-2012, 11:27 AM

Doesn't change our view about our team but puts in perpective just how SH**TY your team and playoff record is

Seems like our WR took a 20 yard square in 60 yards for a TD in clutch time aainst PITTS. I feel pretty good about a young players stepping up. Not like Bowe who cowards when the chips are down against the same PITTS team. Just plain ole p***Y for the enitre world to see on MNF

Bmore Manning
05-11-2012, 11:35 AM
I have to say, I think KC has one of the most complete and talented rosters in the NFL. I am more concerned with them than San Diego. However, their weakness is at the games most important position.. QB!

Denver can improve on O and D through Manning alone, now they have some really competent coaches, including a Stud DC, other teams have much to worry about!

Agamemnon
05-11-2012, 02:34 PM
You need to check on that. Denver had some bad defenses in the SB years. They were good at getting TO's but that was it.

The Super Bowl defenses were far from being bad. They weren't elite though, I agree with that.

Jetmeck
05-11-2012, 03:26 PM

stick that LITTLE SCAT BACK UP YOURS.................

One decent year does not make greatness.............when he has done something against great competition as in the playoffs or when you are not playing a LAST PLACE SCHEDULE then speak up...till then sit your ass back down in the back of the short bus where you belong..............

He has done nothing but run well against bad or mediocre competition.................idiot ass Chef fan

Jetmeck
05-11-2012, 03:28 PM
I hate to admit it but if Charles returns to form (and I'm not saying he will because who knows how he'll react to getting hit again with that injury), with Berry and Moeaki, they have a few decent pieces.

The problem with that team though is, they have a decent backup QB, who, unfortunately, is also their starting QB :wiggle:

Just how many times has this team had a few pieces and still managed to **** it up woefuly..............bad management and coaching never changes......................

Agamemnon
05-11-2012, 03:42 PM

I can't even manage "I think the Chiefs will win a playoff game this year" honestly...

DENVERDUI55
05-11-2012, 04:00 PM
The Super Bowl defenses were far from being bad. They weren't elite though, I agree with that.

First defense with worst run D in the league to win a Superbowl with.

KCStud
05-11-2012, 08:29 PM
stick that LITTLE SCAT BACK UP YOURS.................

One decent year does not make greatness.............when he has done something against great competition as in the playoffs or when you are not playing a LAST PLACE SCHEDULE then speak up...till then sit your ass back down in the back of the short bus where you belong..............

He has done nothing but run well against bad or mediocre competition.................idiot ass Chef fan

Hahahaha

Agamemnon
05-12-2012, 06:34 AM
First defense with worst run D in the league to win a Superbowl with.

They had a very high avg per carry due to giving up a lot of big runs in a few games, but they weren't as bad as the stats looked. They were also decent against the pass and good at forcing turnovers. Definitely not a bad defense overall, especially in the playoffs.

KCStud
05-12-2012, 02:19 PM
The last time Champ and Bowe faced each other, Bowe had 93 yards receiving and 0 TD's (and I doubt Champ was in man with him for all of it or even most of it--the fact that he only had three tackles tells me he wasn't). Not a bad day, but come on now, he didn't embarrass anybody.

Bowe only played the first half and had 3 20+ yard catches on him. Champ couldn't handle him and it was obvious. Bowe had a few good catches that day too.

Jetmeck
05-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Bowe only played the first half and had 3 20+ yard catches on him. Champ couldn't handle him and it was obvious. Bowe had a few good catches that day too.

yeah and bowe has had zero catches against champ on other games so whats your point................?

keep your fingers crossed charles even makes it back...............TD was never the same.................and JC

isn't even close to being in his category...............

Rolandftw
05-12-2012, 05:30 PM

lol at including fumbleitis on your list

I'm pretty sure elite QB's make the rest of the cast around him great, and not the other way around.

Rolandftw
05-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Bowe's a good WR, but there's no guarantee he even reports.. if he does, it might be a Vincent Jackson situation, where he reports late, gets hurt and has basically no impact. KC needs to open up their pocketbooks on him, or their season is RIP before it even started.