PDA

View Full Version : Book Updates, Website and Social Media Launch

TheReverend
05-08-2012, 01:27 PM
Hey guys! Just wanted to throw a quick update out since I've gotten a lot of PMs and emails asking about how things are going along with questions about the publishing process.

Today and tomorrow I'll be launching the website and social media stuff as we start pushing down on the gas pedal and get the promotion machine moving. Wanted to reach out to the OM and give them the first look because so many of you have been insanely supportive throughout the process before we start firing off press releases.

The blog I'll be keeping will be really cool. It will be a fully honest section where you can really see the in's and out's of the publishing and promotion process. Of course it won't stop there, there will be my standard rants and I already have a football category all set up, so yes, I'll absolutely be blogging about that (lots of instructional and informative stuff) with an emphasis on the blue and orange.

Anyway, come check it out:

www.PatrickTurley.org (http://www.PatrickTurley.org)

Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/welcometohellbypatrickturley

The book will be released July 1, but there are some good 30% off pre-order deals going right now, but I wont spam the board with that. You can find the info at those sites.

I also have bad ass looking, athletic cut promotional shirts made up. PM me if you want one at cost.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2012, 01:37 PM
I haven't been around here much, is this your book?
When i'm off the road ill whore it out on my Facebook.

TheReverend
05-08-2012, 01:58 PM
I haven't been around here much, is this your book?
When i'm off the road ill whore it out on my Facebook.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh buddy. Less than two months until release.

Requiem
05-08-2012, 02:03 PM
Hey Rev,

Don't know a whole lot of Marines, but I got a lot of Rangers who would love to have this book. Nice simple design to your site. Like the way you are going with it bud. Supporting you as much as I can! I'll spread the word!

TheReverend
05-08-2012, 02:08 PM
Hey Rev,

Don't know a whole lot of Marines, but I got a lot of Rangers who would love to have this book. Nice simple design to your site. Like the way you are going with it bud. Supporting you as much as I can! I'll spread the word!

Thanks Req. That's even more than I can ask for sure! Appreciate it and hope your health and recovery take a turn for the better.

enjolras
05-08-2012, 02:16 PM
Congrats man. I've been through the publishing process (technical books) and I know what an accomplishment this is. I'll pick up a copy for sure:)

TheReverend
05-08-2012, 02:20 PM
Congrats man. I've been through the publishing process (technical books) and I know what an accomplishment this is. I'll pick up a copy for sure:)

25th anniversary of Les Mis was just in town. Went Friday night and was thinking of you during the ABC cafe haha.

Thanks man. Feel free to try and help spread the word and buy multiple copies as they make great gifts.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/IMG-20120108-01239.jpg

After all, this little girl needs to eat... and medicine. She also needs medicine.

Flex Gunmetal
05-08-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh buddy. Less than two months until release.

GoodjobRevman.
Will pick up a copy/10.
STRONG avi too, lulz.

OBF1
05-08-2012, 03:15 PM
I have no clue on what theRev speaks of.... and I have been around lol

schaaf
05-08-2012, 03:16 PM
Good Luck, i'll definitely be buying one. I liked the facebook page immediately after I saw the cover photo haha

TheReverend
05-08-2012, 04:31 PM
GoodjobRevman.
Will pick up a copy/10.
STRONG avi too, lulz.

Thanks bud. All indications are this is going to do very, very well. Lots of media interest already. Publisher's Weekly piece on it should be out soon and push it more mainstream and grab even more institutional attention

I have no clue on what theRev speaks of.... and I have been around lol

lol click link. You'll figure it out.

Good Luck, i'll definitely be buying one. I liked the facebook page immediately after I saw the cover photo haha

Thanks man! Every bit of help could be what puts it over the top. Was looking at the non-fiction NYT Best seller list and don't see a single title I don't feel confident I can beat.

Ray Finkle
05-08-2012, 06:00 PM
Best of luck!

TheReverend
05-09-2012, 09:35 AM
Best of luck!

Thanks Ray. Have a PR meeting today and then press releases will go out for website. Next week I have a meeting with Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation to get a proceeds setup going directly to them. My daughter was a few months old when I deployed to Iraq, so their cause hits very close to home and is amazingly noble, imo.

bfoflcommish
05-09-2012, 09:52 AM
25th anniversary of Les Mis was just in town. Went Friday night and was thinking of you during the ABC cafe haha.

Thanks man. Feel free to try and help spread the word and buy multiple copies as they make great gifts.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj73/thereverend316/IMG-20120108-01239.jpg

After all, this little girl needs to eat... and medicine. She also needs medicine.

She needs a new jersey too................#justsayin

TheReverend
05-09-2012, 09:54 AM
She needs a new jersey too................#justsayin

She's actually a huge Mark Dell fan.

bfoflcommish
05-09-2012, 09:57 AM
She's actually a huge Mark Dell fan.

haha, post the links on twitter, as always ill RT them for you

DeusExManning
05-09-2012, 11:18 PM
I find this funny, it looks like a lot of people from the mane have checked out your book on Amazon, if you go the Amazon page http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Hell-Thirteen-Weeks-Marine/dp/1933909218

and scroll below it says

Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed

Liquid Ass

LOL

TDmvp
05-09-2012, 11:23 PM
I find this funny, it looks like a lot of people from the mane have checked out your book on Amazon, if you go the Amazon page http://www.amazon.com/Welcome-Hell-Thirteen-Weeks-Marine/dp/1933909218

and scroll below it says

Liquid Ass

LOL

:spit: O that's just wrong.

Archer81
05-09-2012, 11:28 PM
Congrats man.

It has to be wild to see something you wrote in print.

:Broncos:

cutthemdown
05-10-2012, 01:16 AM
So really after all this time you are the first Marine to write an account of boot camp? Or did I read that wrong? You would think that subject would be well covered. Congratulations though must be exciting wondering how many copies you will sell.

You need Oprah to like your book lol!

CEH
05-10-2012, 05:20 AM
Congrats man. A very exciting time in your life. Enjoy the ride

TheReverend
05-10-2012, 07:04 AM

Liquid Ass

LOL

Lol yes... To make matters worse we've had preorders in the quadruple digits and it just won't go away haha

tnedator
05-14-2012, 05:35 AM
Hey guys! Just wanted to throw a quick update out since I've gotten a lot of PMs and emails asking about how things are going along with questions about the publishing process.

Today and tomorrow I'll be launching the website and social media stuff as we start pushing down on the gas pedal and get the promotion machine moving. Wanted to reach out to the OM and give them the first look because so many of you have been insanely supportive throughout the process before we start firing off press releases.

The blog I'll be keeping will be really cool. It will be a fully honest section where you can really see the in's and out's of the publishing and promotion process. Of course it won't stop there, there will be my standard rants and I already have a football category all set up, so yes, I'll absolutely be blogging about that (lots of instructional and informative stuff) with an emphasis on the blue and orange.

Anyway, come check it out:

www.PatrickTurley.org (http://www.PatrickTurley.org)

Facebook page:

www.facebook.com/welcometohellbypatrickturley

The book will be released July 1, but there are some good 30% off pre-order deals going right now, but I wont spam the board with that. You can find the info at those sites.

I also have bad ass looking, athletic cut promotional shirts made up. PM me if you want one at cost.

I don't get around very often, so just saw this.

Congrats on your upcoming book. I'll definitely get a copy. Wish it was going to launch on Kindle, but I just pre-ordered a regular copy on Amazon.

Good luck with this.

T

Hulamau
05-14-2012, 05:47 AM
Good job Rev, hope it turns into a winner for you with a movie or mini series to come! :)!
Will look to pick one up in two months... all the best with it.

TheReverend
05-14-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't get around very often, so just saw this.

Congrats on your upcoming book. I'll definitely get a copy. Wish it was going to launch on Kindle, but I just pre-ordered a regular copy on Amazon.

Good luck with this.

T

Good job Rev, hope it turns into a winner for you with a movie or mini series to come! :)!
Will look to pick one up in two months... all the best with it.

Appreciate it guys. Early signs and feedback are encouraging.

Website launch has gone better than I expected but still lots of work to do. Currently am really waiting for one other BIG shoe to drop before I can really drive this stuff on a big press release.

Details and updates at www.patrickturley.org

:)

Oh and there will be e-books available Tned

SureShot
05-14-2012, 12:03 PM
I noticed a lack of Tommy Lee Jones on your website. WTF?

TheReverend
05-14-2012, 12:20 PM
I noticed a lack of Tommy Lee Jones on your website. WTF?

Tommy Lee Jones will let you notice him when Tommy Lee Jones wants you to notice him.

tnedator
05-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Appreciate it guys. Early signs and feedback are encouraging.

Website launch has gone better than I expected but still lots of work to do. Currently am really waiting for one other BIG shoe to drop before I can really drive this stuff on a big press release.

Details and updates at www.patrickturley.org

:)

Oh and there will be e-books available Tned

I clicked on your link to Amazon before pre-ordering, in case you are getting an affiliate fee as well book royalty.

See, contrary to popular opinion, I'm not a total dick... ;)

Heyneck
05-14-2012, 04:09 PM
Congrats Rev!!! Good luck with this project!!!

TheReverend
05-16-2012, 08:09 AM
http://www.publishersweekly.com/978-1-933909-21-9

^ Publisher's Weekly piece on it. They're known for being very tough on works so not only am I extremely pleased with this, but it's also generated tv/film rights interest ALREADY.

Very excited.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-16-2012, 09:00 AM

^ Publisher's Weekly piece on it. They're known for being very tough on works so not only am I extremely pleased with this, but it's also generated tv/film rights interest ALREADY.

Very excited.

Nice, dude! Congrats! Pub weekly gave my book some weird backhanded compliment, and it still annoys me to this day. Reviews are such a fickle thing.

TheReverend
05-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Got the quote! Boom! 31st Commandant with back cover endorsement.

COME AT ME NON-FICTION LIST

tnedator
05-18-2012, 05:15 AM
Got the quote! Boom! 31st Commandant with back cover endorsement.

COME AT ME NON-FICTION LIST

Congrats on the quote and PW review/mention. Looks like you are gaining momentum. Keep up the good work.

hambone13
05-26-2012, 10:34 PM
So really after all this time you are the first Marine to write an account of boot camp? Or did I read that wrong? You would think that subject would be well covered. Congratulations though must be exciting wondering how many copies you will sell.

You need Oprah to like your book lol!

It doesn't matter how many accounts of USMC boot camp there are. It's a varied experience for everyone. Some just happen to be better than others :-)

Semper Fi Rev - Can't wait to read it.

J

hambone13
05-26-2012, 10:44 PM

Very excited.

Good stuff!

SoCalBronco
05-27-2012, 01:26 PM

Very excited.

Awesome!

mhgaffney
05-27-2012, 01:32 PM
I notice he enlisted the day after 9/11.

Very telling.

SoCalBronco
05-27-2012, 01:35 PM
I notice he enlisted the day after 9/11.

Very telling.

Don't piss in his thread, Gaff. I'm warning you. This is a thread about Rev's book....not a license for you to threadjack it into 9/11 conspiracies, the US government, Zionists, the Bilderbergs, aliens or mini-nukes.

Stop right now.

mhgaffney
05-27-2012, 01:40 PM
Stop what?

All I did was repeat what Publisher's Weekly wrote about Turley.

Typical knee jerk reaction by you So Cal.

mhgaffney
05-27-2012, 01:41 PM
And also typical for the board, I might add.

Zero.

baja
05-27-2012, 02:08 PM
Don't piss in his thread, Gaff. I'm warning you. This is a thread about Rev's book....not a license for you to threadjack it into 9/11 conspiracies, the US government, Zionists, the Bilderbergs, aliens or mini-nukes.

Stop right now.

So it's OK for you to post over and over "Buy my book" in threads about Mark's book release yet when Mark posts something that happens to be true you warn him to be careful because this is somehow the Holy Grail of threads.

Be fair So Cal.

LongDongJohnson
05-27-2012, 02:17 PM
Id buy your book but I dont know how to read.

TheReverend
05-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Everybody calm down :)

No new updates... just got back from the Bahamas. My goals for the week are to get the subpage on my site up and running, make a little "trailer" video and to get in touch with the Children of Fallen Patriots Foundation to see what their preferred method of donation is so I can set up a % of proceeds going straight to them.

Lots to do and the release date is steadily creeping (July 7 now).

Have had several Maners be insanely helpful already (namely Dutch, Dukes, OABB, Bronco Vixen and bfoflcommish) but am always willing and eager to hear new ideas and any expertise or help anyone wants to/can give.

TheReverend
06-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Might end up with a few of the book promo shirts left over. PM with size and address if you want one (can try for color preference too: red/gold, black/white, royal blue/white)

24champ
07-05-2012, 11:14 AM
Update and book sample. Looks pretty good.

http://patrickturley.org/?page_id=46

Requiem
07-05-2012, 11:27 AM
Where did Rev go?

Irish Stout
07-05-2012, 11:28 AM
Where did Rev go?

Banned. Called one of the mods a derogatory name. Maybe he thought it would help him sell some books.

Requiem
07-05-2012, 11:31 AM
Banned. Called one of the mods a derogatory name. Maybe he thought it would help him sell some books.

He always hated Blueflame. I hope he is back soon. :)

cutthemdown
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM

Classic Orangemane. Also what happened to Spiders I was in four fights today thread! Man that was going to be good. Did he get banned also lol?

Irish Stout
07-05-2012, 11:37 AM
Classic Orangemane. Also what happened to Spiders I was in four fights today thread! Man that was going to be good. Did he get banned also lol?

I missed that thread, sounds awesome.

Requiem
07-05-2012, 11:41 AM
Looks like I've missed out on a lot. I saw the Spider's Haircut Thread, but he had one about getting into fights? LINK US UP.

cutthemdown
07-05-2012, 12:13 PM
Looks like I've missed out on a lot. I saw the Spider's Haircut Thread, but he had one about getting into fights? LINK US UP.

Spider started a thread that read something like WON 3 of 4 fights, sucks getting old.

Then the story followed that on last of 4 guys the fat girlfriend jumped in and he got tired, and took a few shots.

So........me being me, lol, responded he must have some sort of serious mental problem. Either he gets in fights all the time demonstrating just some serious anger problem, or he makes it up demonstrating some serious mental problem.

When I went to check back thread was deleted and Spidey was gone.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 01:13 PM
Damn....I would have liked to have read that little heart warming tale of straight up trailer Wyomingicana at it's finest.

It would have been akin to looking deep into the eyes of a methed out Norman Rockwell painting.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I find it disturbing that the mods feel the need to delete the classic threads before they have a chance to fully develop.

Enough with the quick trigger fingers.

Come on mods....lets see just how far down the rabbit hole those threads can go.

Let them ferment long enough and the ghost of Mock might even come to life and chime in.

Kaylore
07-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Spider started a thread that read something like WON 3 of 4 fights, sucks getting old.

Then the story followed that on last of 4 guys the fat girlfriend jumped in and he got tired, and took a few shots.

So........me being me, lol, responded he must have some sort of serious mental problem. Either he gets in fights all the time demonstrating just some serious anger problem, or he makes it up demonstrating some serious mental problem.

When I went to check back thread was deleted and Spidey was gone.

Huh....weird, but normal for Spider, I guess.

Archer81
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I find it disturbing that the mods feel the need to delete the classic threads before they have a chance to fully develop.

Enough with the quick trigger fingers.

Come on mods....lets see just how far down the rabbit hole those threads can go.

Let them ferment long enough and the ghost of Mock might even come to life and chime in.

Threads with content relative to the topic wont be moved. If you think someone is a dumbass, give a reason besides saying "you are a dumbass" or resorting to personal attacks.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 07:06 PM
They've taken your soul, Chris....you've even lost your sarcasm sensor.

Now that they've made you a mod, it doesn't need to mean you need to lose your ability to joke around and have a little fun....that's what made you one of the better posters on this site.

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
I didn't even read the thread that got deleted, so I have no idea what was in it.

I wish it would have at least been locked and thrown to the horse's butt so I could have read it's Wyoming comedy gold.

Cmac821
07-05-2012, 07:16 PM
What gems are even in "the horse's butt"?

SouthStndJunkie
07-05-2012, 07:39 PM

Word is there is some amethyst in there if you look it over good.

oubronco
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM

Here's a couple you might like :approve:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74435&page=57

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=2290&page=137

Archer81
07-05-2012, 08:26 PM
They've taken your soul, Chris....you've even lost your sarcasm sensor.

Now that they've made you a mod, it doesn't need to mean you need to lose your ability to joke around and have a little fun....that's what made you one of the better posters on this site.

I have been corrupted by the machine...

Cmac821
07-05-2012, 09:31 PM
Here's a couple you might like :approve:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=74435&page=57

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=2290&page=137

^5 hard to argue with that

p7superfly
07-06-2012, 11:02 AM
"This recruit's mother is dead, sir."

..."So that's why she didn't move when I .........."

Schnapp. These mofos were trying to get punched.