PDA

View Full Version : Last years first round

snowspot66
05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
Came across this list of every first round pick from last year and how their season went.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/2011-nfl-draft-where-are-they-now-cam-newton-050612#photo-title=Let%2527s+review&photo=30984111

Looking through the list it seems if you were picking in the top 15 you couldn't **** up unless you tried with a massive reach. Even into the 20's there were some really standout guys. I don't remember a first round that had so many guys do well their rookie season. There's a lot of really good pass rushers in this past class. Can anybody else think of a better year for the first round?

That One Guy
05-08-2012, 11:50 AM
That is quite the list. We'll see if it still looks good down the road. I seem to remember some people calling Foster a franchise-type player after a season or two.

I didn't realize Aldon Smith was drafted as high as he was. For some reason I was thinking 3rd or 4th round. Also, I knew it but it never clicked that JJ Watt was doing what he was as a 3-4 end. That's very impressive.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Niner fans were upset that Aldon smith was a reach in the top 10. Chiefs pick. Ha

Requiem
05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Absolutely great year for rookies last years -- which made watching the NFL so fun. This year was incredibly weak in the draft. Probably the worst first round since 2007 easily.

maher_tyler
05-08-2012, 12:09 PM
I want to be better in the classroom, Miller recently told me and co-host Jim Miller on SiriusXM NFL Radio. My position coach and my teammates, they let me have that rookie tag my rookie season. I dont want that. I want to be the guy whos coming in, taking notes, and calling out plays and certain formations that the other team is doing. I want to start to be like that Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis type of linebacker the leader of my defense.

-Von Miller

:strong:

hookemhess
05-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Looking through the list it seems if you were picking in the top 15 you couldn't **** up unless you tried with a massive reach.

Jacksonville would like a word.

ClamChowdah
05-08-2012, 03:11 PM
Nate Solder says :wave:

Solder had a great season for a rookie, started 13 games for one of the best OL in the NFL, he is probably going to be the starting LT this season replacing Matt Light.

crush17
05-08-2012, 03:32 PM

Solder had a great season for a rookie, started 13 games for one of the best OL in the NFL, he is probably going to be the starting LT this season replacing Matt Light.

Cool story about the Patriots on a Broncos message board guy.

schaaf
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
I think as a whole teams are becoming better about drafting in the first round. I think the last few years have been drastically better than any of the years before that, it might just be a fluke but just kind of something i've noticed.

Frisian
05-08-2012, 04:11 PM

Random fact. Nate Solder knocked me out and gave me a concussion my junior year of high school, playing basketball. I don't think he meant to. He is a real nice guy. To bad he plays for the Pats.

snowspot66
05-08-2012, 05:07 PM
Jacksonville would like a word.

They tried.

Lestat
05-08-2012, 07:11 PM
I want to be better in the classroom, Miller recently told me and co-host Jim Miller on SiriusXM NFL Radio. My position coach and my teammates, they let me have that rookie tag my rookie season. I dont want that. I want to be the guy whos coming in, taking notes, and calling out plays and certain formations that the other team is doing. I want to start to be like that Ray Lewis/Patrick Willis type of linebacker the leader of my defense.

-Von Miller

:strong:

oh God how i wish. outside of them being MLB i like his passion.

KCStud
05-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Niner fans were upset that Aldon smith was a reach in the top 10. Chiefs pick. Ha

Baldwin showed some flashes of the dynamic playmaker he was in colllege. He's got really good hands too.

It'll be interesting to see how he does with a full offseason/training camp.

That One Guy
05-08-2012, 07:22 PM
Baldwin showed some flashes of the dynamic playmaker he was in colllege. He's got really good hands too.

It'll be interesting to see how he does with a full offseason/training camp.

Speaking of hands, what was the final call on his? Did he actually break it punching Thomas Jones?

KCStud
05-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Speaking of hands, what was the final call on his? Did he actually break it punching Thomas Jones?

Yep. I think anyone would break their hand punching this dude.

http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/41/7af16093a09a4f19ad974e97db073e59/l.jpg

That One Guy
05-08-2012, 07:45 PM
Yep. I think anyone would break their hand punching this dude.

When we laughed at him, it wasn't poking fun at his brittle handbones.

bronco610
05-08-2012, 09:07 PM

Damn-it bob another persona !!!

CEH
05-09-2012, 05:22 AM

Dude give it up. No Pats fan would be on a Broncos board talking OLine. Really a pathetic attempt at who knows what. You come across not very intelligent , not very funny and not very creative

The guy that impersonated Josh McDaniels a while back showed every thing you are not

Bmore Manning
05-09-2012, 05:32 AM
Dude give it up. No Pats fan would be on a Broncos board talking OLine. Really a pathetic attempt at who knows what. You come across not very intelligent , not very funny and not very creative

The guy that impersonated Josh McDaniels a while back showed every thing you are not

Why are there Patriot, Chiefs, and Chargers fans trolling this board? Do any of you guys troll another teams board and do what these guys do? Lol