PDA

View Full Version : D. Florence

MABroncoFan
05-08-2012, 11:24 AM
MileHighReport‏@MileHighReport

Fomer #Bills CB Drayton Florence Scheduled To Visit #Broncos Wednesday http://sbn.to/JVujjS

DBroncos4life
05-08-2012, 11:30 AM
Why did the Bills cut him?

OBF1
05-08-2012, 11:38 AM
Why did the Bills cut him?

Stephon Gilmore was drafted by Buffalo @ #9

oubronco
05-08-2012, 11:44 AM
Why not

Requiem
05-08-2012, 11:46 AM
Bailey, Porter and Florence with Harris in the mix would be great.

Rohirrim
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
We're going to have a CB named Florence?

oubronco
05-08-2012, 11:48 AM
That flop is hilarious

R-Mac
05-08-2012, 11:51 AM
A savvy veteran.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uex10Ghp0yY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12 passes defended last season, including 3 interceptions.

oubronco
05-08-2012, 11:52 AM
Yea some guy pushes him and he throws his arms up and dives like he was hit hard

Lestat
05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
hell why not, D those WR's and TE's the **** up. CB depth is gonna be the best in years if we sign him.

Doggcow
05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
Awesome. Sign the **** out of him. He might even outplay Porter.

Stagger Lee
05-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Sign him up

TonyR
05-08-2012, 12:17 PM
After visiting the Titans on Wednesday, free agent CB Drayton Florence will meet with the Broncos. Florence would presumably battle Chris Harris for nickelback duties in Denver. In addition to the Titans and Broncos, the Chargers are also believed to be interested in the veteran cornerback. May 8 - 2:16 PM Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/631/drayton-florence

stoxman
05-08-2012, 12:55 PM
He's DONE. Absolute liability in run support and gets toasted early and often. 31 years old and shows it. As a PART time (meaning a few plays) nickel and he comes SUPER CHEAP..maybe then but he's probably worse than Goodman. This makes no sense. Bills cut him for reason and replaced him with a top pick Gilmore and another CB.. Brooks in the 4th.

Hope Elway can do better than this or maybe Xanders needs to come back! Can't believe I just typed that but damn...I sure hope TN or SD signs him!

DBroncos4life
05-08-2012, 01:05 PM
He's DONE. Absolute liability in run support and gets toasted early and often. 31 years old and shows it. As a PART time (meaning a few plays) nickel and he comes SUPER CHEAP..maybe then but he's probably worse than Goodman. This makes no sense. Bills cut him for reason and replaced him with a top pick Gilmore and another CB.. Brooks in the 4th.

Hope Elway can do better than this or maybe Xanders needs to come back! Can't believe I just typed that but damn...I sure hope TN or SD signs him!

There is always one....

Lestat
05-08-2012, 01:16 PM

see you lost all creditability right there. that's almost not possible with the slop Goodman put up over his years with Denver that he called coverage.

he's a vet who can come in and help ensure stability of our CB position.
that helps us go from Champ,Goodman & Harris to now Champ,Porter,Florence,Harris and Bolden. that's a significant upgrade to the roster.

TonyR
05-08-2012, 01:39 PM
Bills cut him for reason...

The primary reason was $$$. He was due $4M this year and $5M next year.

http://www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/cb-drayton-florence-to-visit-broncos

stoxman
05-08-2012, 01:40 PM
Lestat...at least we agree Goodman sucked. This is not an upgrade..that is what I am saying.

vancejohnson82
05-08-2012, 01:41 PM

he would battle Harris for nickel duties, I wouldn't be too worried about trotting him out there 10-15 plays a game at max

Lestat
05-08-2012, 01:54 PM
Lestat...at least we agree Goodman sucked. This is not an upgrade..that is what I am saying.

Porter is the starter, Florence would be the nickel unless he became all world. this is a upgrade.

Swedish Extrovert
05-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Goodman wouldn't have been a bad nickel corner.

Bigdawg26
05-08-2012, 02:51 PM
Seems pretty good to me for the right price. I wouldn't be mad if denver signs him.

Crushisback
05-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Good depth. Sign him up. We need a CB with experience playing inside and out.

HILife
05-08-2012, 03:33 PM
A savvy veteran.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uex10Ghp0yY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12 passes defended last season, including 3 interceptions.

Nothing compares to this. And he got a flag for it!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OqS5U4lSSVg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Drek
05-08-2012, 03:46 PM
If he signs cheap it isn't a bad move but I'd rather give Bolden, Judie, Vaughn, and Thompson all a chance to fill the role instead.

g6matty
05-08-2012, 04:35 PM
If he signs cheap it isn't a bad move but I'd rather give Bolden, Judie, Vaughn, and Thompson all a chance to fill the role instead.
vaughn and thompson arent elways guys. we seem to be shipping everyone from the McD era out

schaaf
05-08-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm not so sure about that, I think the new staff really really liked Vaughn last year until his injury.

Hamrob
05-08-2012, 04:55 PM
We're not going to sign him...he has too much interest elsewhere. We won't sign anybody for more than the veteran minimum.

Cheap, cheap, cheap................said the broke owner!

barryr
05-08-2012, 05:20 PM
He'd be a nice depth guy at CB, but likely some team(s) out there may want him for a more important role and offer more money.

DBroncos4life
05-08-2012, 05:21 PM
Mannings got this.

s0phr0syne
05-08-2012, 08:19 PM
He's horrible.

Bmore Manning
05-09-2012, 05:21 AM
While I am normally a guy who thinks free agency can be a great way to fill holes, this isn't the player I had in mind. I would much rather continue to develop Harris and give Bolden snaps as well. I would still like to see another DT brought in. I would also like to see maybe another interior offensive linemen brought in, did Jake Scott sign anywhere? Put him at LG, ease Blake into Center. No thank you to bidding with other teams for a NCB.

kappys
05-09-2012, 05:24 AM
I guess this is good. I can't for the life of me remember a single play of Drayton Florence

TonyR
05-09-2012, 06:20 AM
While I am normally a guy who thinks free agency can be a great way to fill holes, this isn't the player I had in mind. I would much rather continue to develop Harris and give Bolden snaps as well. I would still like to see another DT brought in. I would also like to see maybe another interior offensive linemen brought in, did Jake Scott sign anywhere? Put him at LG, ease Blake into Center. No thank you to bidding with other teams for a NCB.

Re RA and DT I wonder if Marcus Thomas is still in their plans?

Re Harris and Bolden I don't see how Florence would impact them all that much. The better players make the team and get the most snaps.

Re Jake Scott, it appears he's still available:

Scott graded out as one of the top pass-blocking guards by Pro Football Focus, and has started 124 consecutive games in four years with the Titans. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2846/player?r=1

Bmore Manning
05-09-2012, 06:43 AM
Re RA and DT I wonder if Marcus Thomas is still in their plans?

Re Harris and Bolden I don't see how Florence would impact them all that much. The better players make the team and get the most snaps.

Re Jake Scott, it appears he's still available:

Scott graded out as one of the top pass-blocking guards by Pro Football Focus, and has started 124 consecutive games in four years with the Titans. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2846/player?r=1

Not to mention that Scott has played with Manning already and he would be an upgrade over Beadles. An OLine off Clady, Scott, Blake, Kuper, Franklin could be easily top 10 OLine, with Beadles, Walton and Harris as depth!

There were some good DTs available and pickings are slim now but, I think there could be some savvy vets brought in Anthony Adams is a great 4-3 NT, he is however 31. I personally would not be opposed to bringing Haynesworth to camp. Who knows maybe he would be motivated to play on a team with pass rushers all over the field!

TonyR
05-10-2012, 08:50 AM
Did this visit occur yesterday?

TonyR
05-10-2012, 11:43 AM
Maybe the visit is today (Thursday) instead?

Drayton Florence was still in Tennessee Wednesday after meeting with the Titans Tuesday, but the cornerback still has a visit scheduled with the Denver Broncos, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

The San Diego Chargers are also interested in the veteran cornerback who spent his first five years in the league with the team.

Florence was released by the Buffalo Bills on Friday.

http://blogs.nfl.com/2012/05/09/drayton-florence-still-set-to-visit-with-denver-broncos/

SpringStein
05-10-2012, 11:50 AM
I guess this is good. I can't for the life of me remember a single play of Drayton Florence

I remember plenty of plays - just not any good ones. ;)