PDA

View Full Version : ESPN : Ranking The AFC West Running Backs

Bronco Rob
05-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Ranking the running backs

May 7 11:00AM ET By Bill Williamson | ESPN.com

Here are the guidelines: My rankings are based on past play and projected 2012 performances and roles. Rookies are eligible. I only rank players who I am sure will have a role. If I think a third stringer is worthy, Iíll list him. If I donít think a second stringer is worthy, I wonít list him.

1. Darren McFadden, Oakland: This was a tough choice between McFadden and Jamaal Charles. I went with McFadden because he played more last season and his foot injury was less serious than Charles' knee injury. When healthy, McFadden is a game changer but he has to show durability.

2. Jamaal Charles, Kansas City: I think Charles will come back from his torn ACL. If he still has the same game-breaking speed, the Chiefs will be in great shape.

3. Willis McGahee, Denver: McGahee was my division MVP last season. He will turn 31 this season and he was dinged up last season. I think McGahee can still be very effective if he gets some help. He is a tough player.

4. Ryan Mathews, San Diego: Mathews is a good player and I expect him to be higher on this list next year. Entering his third year, Mathews could be a breakout player if he stays healthy and focused.

5. Peyton Hillis, Kansas City: He was an intriguing pickup in free agency. Hillis is a tough runner who will help the Chiefs.

6. Taiwan Jones, Oakland: I would like to see Oakland get a veteran running back and make Jones a change-of-pace option and not McFaddenís primary backup. I think Jones will be most effective that way.

7. Ronnie Hillman, Denver: He is a home-run hitter who could excel in Manningís offense. I expect exciting things from this third-round pick.

8. Knowshon Moreno, Denver: Iím only putting Moreno here because he was a first-round pick three years ago. He is coming off a torn ACL and an arrest for drunk driving. He could surprise me, but Iím not expecting much.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43709/ranking-the-running-backs-3

bronco militia
05-07-2012, 08:49 AM
another hard hitting piece from burger bill. ZZZ...

TheReverend
05-07-2012, 09:05 AM
Every time I'm floored that he managed to find someone to pay him to write pieces like this

bronco militia
05-07-2012, 09:12 AM
with all his buddies at the DPO, you'd think he was an ESPN Insider.

maher_tyler
05-07-2012, 09:50 AM
Really?? This is what ESPN has become??

Requiem
05-07-2012, 10:03 AM
Article was about as dumb as the Nurse Practitioner who didn't know jack **** about my tests today and even questioned why she brought me back in. **** my life. I hope I die.

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 10:07 AM
Article was about as dumb as the Nurse Practitioner who didn't know jack **** about my tests today and even questioned why she brought me back in. **** my life. I hope I die.

I was going to complain about this article, but I think I'll just go home and sleep with my wife.

Requiem
05-07-2012, 10:08 AM
I was going to complain about this article, but I think I'll just go home and sleep with my wife.

Hope you have a better day than I did. I'm in the dumps. If it's bad news on Wednesday, I'm going to run in front of a truck.

CoopDawg
05-07-2012, 10:20 AM
That was generous of Burger Bill to actually include Moreno on the list.

Vegas_Bronco
05-07-2012, 10:44 AM
I think weve figured bill out...hes a huge ice skating fan that took a gig writing about nfl to keep the gaps out of his resume. Is this guy a huge raiders homer or what?

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 10:56 AM
i have to put McGahee over Charles because, with Charles injury you can't say he is still good until he comes back. McGahee has been a more impact player more recently.

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
Laughed pretty hard at 'My rankings are based on past play and projected 2012 performances and roles.'

Thanks for spelling that out for me, Bill.

OrangeSe7en
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Really?? This is what ESPN has become??

Have you not seen ESPN during the past 10 years? Things like the Budweiser Hotseat wasnt one of your first clues that they weren't as worried about substance?

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Hope you have a better day than I did. I'm in the dumps. If it's bad news on Wednesday, I'm going to run in front of a truck.

Health problems suck, I know. The good days when you make progress you almost feel normal then after a set back or couple of bad days it gets tough.

Be grateful for what you do have is about all I can offer up.

DBroncos4life
05-07-2012, 11:30 AM

Must not say....will get banned.....:P

✡✡ JOSHUA ✡✡
05-07-2012, 11:34 AM
6. Taiwan Jones, Oakland: I would like to see Oakland get a veteran running back and make Jones a change-of-pace option and not McFaddenís primary backup. I think Jones will be most effective that way.

Oakland did get McFadden a backup this offseason. They acquired Mike Goodson from Carolina.

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 11:36 AM

I had to stop myself also...

Bronco Rob
05-07-2012, 03:40 PM
another hard hitting piece from burger bill. ZZZ...

:sunshine:

Bronco Rob
05-07-2012, 03:51 PM
What this article proves is that the AFC West is lacking any "franchise" running backs and a lack of "elite" players at the skill positions.

It's no wonder the division has failed to win a Super Bowl in thirteen seasons.

bronco militia
05-07-2012, 03:59 PM
What this article proves is that the AFC West is lacking any "franchise" running backs and a lack of "elite" players at the skill positions.

Which elite RB'S have won superbowls the last 10 years?

g6matty
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM

mcfadden and charles are sooo good if they stay healthy the whole season

OBF1
05-07-2012, 04:11 PM
There must only be a total of 8 RB's in the AFC West if Moreno ranked that high/low :)

Captain 'Dre
05-07-2012, 05:17 PM
Bill forgot to mention that water is wet, heat is hot, and that Kathie Lee Gifford would be a lot more attractive if she kept her mouth shut.

Swedish Extrovert
05-07-2012, 05:34 PM
Every time I'm floored that he managed to find someone to pay him to write pieces like this

Maybe, but the rankings themselves are pretty solid.

crazyhorse
05-07-2012, 06:23 PM

Might as well, everyone else has.............been banned I mean.