PDA

View Full Version : Rookies get their numbers

i4jelway7
05-07-2012, 08:34 AM
http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/rookies-get-their-numbers/

The newest Broncos have been assigned their numbers. The group will hit the field for the first time this weekend with the Broncosí rookie minicamp scheduled to take place Friday-Sunday at the teamís training facility at Dove Valley.

In addition to the rookies choosing their numbers, tight end Jacob Tamme will wear 84, with tight end Cornelius Ingram switching to No. 82. Cornerback Tracy Porter will now wear No. 21, defensive lineman Jeremy Beal switched to 79 and defensive lineman Sealver Siliga will wear No. 98.

lolcopter
05-07-2012, 08:38 AM
Below are the numbers for the Broncos’ 2012 draft class:
95: DE Derek Wolfe
6: Brock Osweiler
34: RB Ronnie Hillman
47: CB Omar Bolden
64: OL Philip Blake
70: DL Malik Jackson
59: Danny Trevathan

Below are the numbers for the Broncos’ college free agents:
8: WR Gerell Robinson
19: WR Eric Page
38: S Duke Ihenacho
45: CB Coryell Judie
46: LS Aaron Brewer
48: LB Elliot Coffey
49: LB Jerry Franklin
57: LB Steven Johnson
60: OL Mike Remmers
62: OL Austin Wuebbels
69: OL Wayne Tribue
77: DL Jamie Blatnick
86: TE Anthony Miller

BowlenBall
05-07-2012, 08:50 AM
Hillman is #34, huh? I thought they retired that number for Rueben Droughns.....

SouthStndJunkie
05-07-2012, 09:04 AM

Was hoping Page would get to wear #12....but Matthew Willis is #12.

Maybe Page will beat him out of a roster spot and take claim to his old college number.

StugotsIII
05-07-2012, 09:07 AM

Was hoping Page would get to wear #12....but Matthew Willis is #12.

Maybe Page will beat him out of a roster spot and take claim to his old college number.

Page is UNREAL.

bronco militia
05-07-2012, 09:13 AM
he'd look good with #80

BowlenBall
05-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Page is UNREAL.

Yes, he is.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmjnikFHh61qb6bqmo1_500.jpg

gyldenlove
05-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Jerry Franklin is going to make the roster - I am calling it now.

Punisher
05-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Bolden wearing 47 as a CB that's pretty old school

Lestat
05-07-2012, 09:26 AM
not really a fan of DL wearing 70's numbers.
gotta say, Brock wearing #6 is going to be interesting. the ghost of Cutler still looms.

JLesSPE
05-07-2012, 09:33 AM
gotta say, Brock wearing #6 is going to be interesting. the ghost of Cutler still looms.

That's funny, the first thing I thought of when I read that was Bubby Brister

Kid A
05-07-2012, 09:35 AM

Cutler's ghost? He wilted under the pressure of rocking Bubby Brister's #6. Though, really, who wouldn't. Good luck Brock filling those shoes.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-07-2012, 09:37 AM

I thought of Ralph Giacommaro.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Is someone already wearing 17?

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 09:59 AM
Duke Ihenacho is already as good as Rahim Moore.

Bmore Manning
05-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Jerry Franklin is going to make the roster - I am calling it now.

Agree. I have Denver keeping eight LBs on the game day roster.

Will: DJ, Woodyard, Trevathan
Mike: Mays, Irving, Franklin
Sam: Miller, Mohammed

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 10:53 AM
Below are the numbers for the Broncosí 2012 draft class:

Below are the numbers for the Broncosí college free agents:

i truly believe there are going to be 2 UDFA who make this team. Robinson at least as a practice squad player, and Brewer to take over Paxton's job. i think unless Brewer is terrible the Broncos cut ties with Paxton making over a million a year and go with Brewer and pay him league minimum.

orange crusher
05-07-2012, 11:18 AM
Is someone already wearing 17?

I think that was retired for Darius Watts.

gyldenlove
05-07-2012, 11:24 AM

Unless DJ gets his suspension reversed or gets an injunction he won't count towards the roster.

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I think that was retired for Darius Watts.

It was. Here is a photo of the monument at Dove Valley in his honor:

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/4156330.jpg

Cito Pelon
05-07-2012, 11:54 AM
i truly believe there are going to be 2 UDFA who make this team. Robinson at least as a practice squad player, and Brewer to take over Paxton's job. i think unless Brewer is terrible the Broncos cut ties with Paxton making over a million a year and go with Brewer and pay him league minimum.

Well, I hope they don't f up doing that. LS is nothing to mess around with if you have a good/great one. Brewer is listed as 6'2 225, that's pretty dang light. Paxton is 34 and a 12 yr vet but still has a few good years left in him. But bringing in a guy as a possible replacement is a good idea. They should probably do the same next year if Brewer is shaky.

Borks147
05-07-2012, 11:55 AM
It was. Here is a photo of the monument at Dove Valley in his honor:

http://mw2.google.com/mw-panoramio/photos/medium/4156330.jpg

I lol'd

Baba Booey
05-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Is Page really that good? I know literally nothing about him.

Lestat
05-07-2012, 12:21 PM
Stokely better be on point if he's going to be the slot WR, Page might take his job. would be kinda shocked if he didn't make the roster.
i see Thomas,Decker,Caldwell as locks to make the team. the rest of the spots are up for grabs though i assume Willis & Hill will get long looks.

I'm not thrilled with the SAM depth but this looks about right.
Trevathan sounds like a guy the staff is excited about and if he plays up to his potential he should make the team from ST play alone.

Cutler's ghost? He wilted under the pressure of rocking Bubby Brister's #6. Though, really, who wouldn't. Good luck Brock filling those shoes.
lol that may be true but Brister wasn't dealt away by a foolish coach on a power trip. as much as most Broncos fans were saying Cutler would fall on his face with the Bears and that we'd be better than them the opposite has been true. now it's possible with the roster overhaul Elway has started, but in the past it hasn't been.

Mogulseeker
05-07-2012, 12:24 PM
Go ahead and give Osweiler Cutler's number.

Wonder why he didn't take 17?

Mogulseeker
05-07-2012, 12:25 PM
Stokely better be on point if he's going to be the slot WR, Page might take his job. would be kinda shocked if he didn't make the roster.
i see Thomas,Decker,Caldwell as locks to make the team. the rest of the spots are up for grabs though i assume Willis & Hill will get long looks.

I'm not thrilled with the SAM depth but this looks about right.
Trevathan sounds like a guy the staff is excited about and if he plays up to his potential he should make the team from ST play alone.

lol that may be true but Brister wasn't dealt away by a foolish coach on a power trip. as much as most Broncos fans were saying Cutler would fall on his face with the Bears and that we'd be better than them the opposite has been true. now it's possible with the roster overhaul Elway has started, but in the past it hasn't been.

Mohammed looked terrible last year. Maybe he won't be as lost this year. Hopefully we see something out of Irving.

Anyone believe DJ's suspension appeal will work?

Tombstone RJ
05-07-2012, 12:26 PM

I don't understand why anyone thinks Mohammed will make the roster.

Mogulseeker
05-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Below are the numbers for the Broncosí 2012 draft class:

Below are the numbers for the Broncosí college free agents:

Any relation to the former Bronco WR?

bronco militia

he's white...duh

BroncoBen
Hummm... 95: DE Derek Wolfe

If Wolfe has a decent couple of seasons I might consider get a Wolfe Jersey, 95 would be a good number to wear.

BroncoMan4ever
Well, I hope they don't f up doing that. LS is nothing to mess around with if you have a good/great one. Brewer is listed as 6'2 225, that's pretty dang light. Paxton is 34 and a 12 yr vet but still has a few good years left in him. But bringing in a guy as a possible replacement is a good idea. They should probably do the same next year if Brewer is shaky.

i agree, they shouldn't look to replace Paxton on a whim, because he is one of the best in the game, even though he seemed to have some aversion to playing his former team last year. but we have all seen the team is willing to let guys go in cost cutting moves. if Brewer is good, the team would have no problem letting go of Paxton and his over a million a year salary and pay a guy like Brewer league minimum.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 12:30 PM

you have to figure that EFX will be most inclined to give the upper hand to their own picks. so if he is on the bubble with a guy they didn't pick Mohammed will get the nod.

also, i am still not convinced that DJ is going to be here in Denver anymore

Rohirrim
05-07-2012, 12:38 PM

He stole Stairway to Heaven from Randy California.

Lestat
05-07-2012, 01:13 PM
Mohammed looked terrible last year. Maybe he won't be as lost this year. Hopefully we see something out of Irving.

Anyone believe DJ's suspension appeal will work?

the NFL is gonna have a hard time upholding that suspension. lot of shady things went on with that suspension and they canned the guy who was involved in it.

Mohammed i see making the team because he's the only other SAM LB on the roster. the rest are Mike and Will types.
ideally some vets will get cut and we'll snatch them up.

Cito Pelon
05-07-2012, 01:42 PM

Probably because they let Mario Haggan go. Elway/Fox have gone heavy bringing in their own guys all through the roster, steadily bringing in new players even if the older guys were adequate. This will be a very, very young team come opening day.

Lestat
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
Probably because they let Mario Haggan go. Elway/Fox have gone heavy bringing in their own guys all through the roster, steadily bringing in new players even if the older guys were adequate. This will be a very, very young team come opening day.

there were very few guys who were adequate before Elway came in, there's a reason we were 4-12. the guys who were adequate or better haven't been replaced. i like Haggan but i wouldn't say he was replaced because he wasn't their guy. he's a depth player who makes a great back up.

Cito Pelon
05-07-2012, 01:50 PM
i agree, they shouldn't look to replace Paxton on a whim, because he is one of the best in the game, even though he seemed to have some aversion to playing his former team last year. but we have all seen the team is willing to let guys go in cost cutting moves. if Brewer is good, the team would have no problem letting go of Paxton and his over a million a year salary and pay a guy like Brewer league minimum.

Certainly. They must have a profit-sharing plan with Bowlen, because they sure haven't paid market value.

Bmore Manning
05-07-2012, 01:56 PM

Who would be the back up Sam?

Cito Pelon
05-07-2012, 02:02 PM
there were very few guys who were adequate before Elway came in, there's a reason we were 4-12. the guys who were adequate or better haven't been replaced. i like Haggan but i wouldn't say he was replaced because he wasn't their guy. he's a depth player who makes a great back up.

True that they've kept the best from previous regimes. Haggan I don't think he was a Fox favorite from the get go. His days were numbered from the get go, just a matter of finding a replacement, and apparently Fox found one with Mohammed or one of the UDFA's.

Lestat
05-07-2012, 02:07 PM
True that they've kept the best from previous regimes. Haggan I don't think he was a Fox favorite from the get go. His days were numbered from the get go, just a matter of finding a replacement, and apparently Fox found one with Mohammed or one of the UDFA's.

eh, idk, people were pissed off that Von was taken off the field for plays and Haggan was on the field for certain downs.
i don't think it's bringing in guys that is "his guy" so much as it is building the roster with guys who play certain roles and accept them. i'm sure Mohammed will be replaced when a suitable replacement is found. that just might not occur this season due to Von being entrenched as the starter.

Clady,Doom,Champ,Ayers,Kuper,Thomas,Decker,DJ are guys who were before EFX and we don't see them being replaced or broomed out of the door. guys who are viably a part of this franchise and it's future aren't getting axed or replaced. but they are few and far between.

Cito Pelon
05-07-2012, 02:31 PM
eh, idk, people were pissed off that Von was taken off the field for plays and Haggan was on the field for certain downs.i don't think it's bringing in guys that is "his guy" so much as it is building the roster with guys who play certain roles and accept them. i'm sure Mohammed will be replaced when a suitable replacement is found. that just might not occur this season due to Von being entrenched as the starter.

Clady,Doom,Champ,Ayers,Kuper,Thomas,Decker,DJ are guys who were before EFX and we don't see them being replaced or broomed out of the door. guys who are viably a part of this franchise and it's future aren't getting axed or replaced. but they are few and far between.

I think Haggan was Fox's only option to replace the raw rookie Miller in certain situations, but judging by not re-signing Haggan it seems to me Fox wasn't all that big on Haggan to begin with.

I agree Fox/Elway have kept the cream of the crop. There's a few that have found other homes for premium money - Bunkley foremost - Rosario and Royal to SD, Cox to Oak, McBean to BALT, Fells and Larsen to NE.

ludo21
05-07-2012, 02:46 PM
rooting for Travathan!

broncolife
05-07-2012, 02:47 PM

Same here.Then I remembered Jay wore it too.

oubronco
05-07-2012, 02:48 PM
rooting for Travathan!

When you lead the SEC in tackles two straight years you must be doing something right

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 02:56 PM
Hummm... 95: DE Derek Wolfe

If Wolfe is a regular pro-bowl player who is signed to a five year extension, then I will consider getting a Derek Wolfe Jersey.

FYP.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-07-2012, 02:59 PM
Broncoben? That chick sittin on a charger towel? Looks like their colors.

Pony Boy
05-07-2012, 03:03 PM
I was hoping to see Hillman wearing #27

NFLBRONCO
05-07-2012, 03:03 PM
Here I tought the Broncos were going to retire #6 forever

TheReverend
05-07-2012, 03:18 PM
Go ahead and give Osweiler Cutler's number.

Wonder why he didn't take 17?

Caldwell

oubronco
05-07-2012, 03:37 PM
Broncoben? That chick sittin on a charger towel? Looks like their colors.

What towel?

Broncobiv
05-07-2012, 06:06 PM
My Cutler jersey hasn't seen the light of day for years. Is there any way to buy a nameplate with the name "Osweiler" already on it? Then my wife can switch them out for me.

ozomulsion
05-08-2012, 05:43 AM
I was hoping to see Hillman wearing #27

Good job. here's to hoping our #12 pick fails. Rushed for almost 1000 yards his rookie season, tore his ACL the 2nd season. If a RB doesn't meet our expectations within 2 years let's give him the boot. :giggle:

DENVERDUI55
05-08-2012, 06:55 AM

So good he didn't get drafted.

canadianbroncosfan
05-08-2012, 08:01 AM

Let's just hope he's 1/3 as good as Manning.

canadianbroncosfan
05-08-2012, 08:02 AM
My Cutler jersey hasn't seen the light of day for years. Is there any way to buy a nameplate with the name "Osweiler" already on it? Then my wife can switch them out for me.

I know it's a bit off topic but I ordered a name plate off of toonjersey.com.

$15 USD, shipping included. Can get it personalized if you want up to 12 letters.

JCMElway
05-08-2012, 09:45 AM

Me too! Hilarious!

Pony Boy
05-08-2012, 02:23 PM
Good job. here's to hoping our #12 pick fails. Rushed for almost 1000 yards his rookie season, tore his ACL the 2nd season. If a RB doesn't meet our expectations within 2 years let's give him the boot. :giggle:

The past tense of fails is failed