PDA

View Full Version : Mike Shanahan will ruin RG3

go_broncos
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM
He did the same with Cutler.
He compared cutler with Elway during training camp.Always supported cutler..never said anything against him.

Doing the same with RG3..I am sure RG3(like cutler) will become arrogant.

Never ever get drafted by Shanny(if you are a QB).

Ratboy
05-06-2012, 04:00 PM
5 star thread.

rbackfactory80
05-06-2012, 04:01 PM
Shanahan is what I would call a "good players coach".

BroncoMan4ever
05-06-2012, 04:02 PM
He compared cutler with Elway during training camp.Always supported cutler..never said anything against him.

RGIII has a much better attitude and work ethic than Cutler. Cutler thought he was god's gift to the NFL coming out of college before Shanahan gargled his balls. While RGIII isn't in an ideal situation with his coach, he wont be defined by Shanahan. He will build himself to what he wants because of the type of man he is

Requiem
05-06-2012, 04:04 PM
Get out of here.

go_broncos
05-06-2012, 04:09 PM
RGIII has a much better attitude and work ethic than Cutler. Cutler thought he was god's gift to the NFL coming out of college before Shanahan gargled his balls. While RGIII isn't in an ideal situation with his coach, he wont be defined by Shanahan. He will build himself to what he wants because of the type of man he is

Let's see.During that age, a person can become arrogant if the coach keeps comparing him to hall of fame QB..
To me, Shanny is bad for rookie QBs.

Swedish Extrovert
05-06-2012, 04:16 PM
RGIII isn't a primadonna like Cutler. He's smarter, too.

In about two or three years, the Redskins will be a force in their division.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 04:18 PM
go_broncos opinion was so informative that it might be considered "fact".
It did have more opinion then a Bronco Rob cut n paste job, though.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 04:26 PM
arrogance is the mark of any good or great player. confidence in oneself is important to further your potential.

now you don't wanna be a flava clown like TO or Ryan Leaf but you need to be confident.

i don't think RGIII will get a big head due to him being well grounded and close to his family.
he's engaged and will be a marred man in 2 years or so.
i believe he's going to be one of the top QB's in the NFL in 2-3 years and i think that playing under Shanahan will help him. but he's a guy who's been hurt before and that's enough to ensure you're humbled if you weren't before.

elsid13
05-06-2012, 04:27 PM
Evidently go-broncos believes in the McDaniels method of coaching his starting QB.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 04:29 PM
Evidently go-broncos believes in the McDaniels method of coaching his starting QB.

Hilarious!

delany
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Shanahan ruined Cutler so much that the Broncos were able to trade Jay for far more than the value of where he was drafted prior to Shanny getting his hands on him.

HILife
05-06-2012, 04:48 PM
I was told that not wearing pants allows for the cool air in and the balls sweat out. I didn't believe them so I put it to the test and I have confirmed that this is true.

Swedish Extrovert
05-06-2012, 04:49 PM
Shanahan ruined Cutler so much that the Broncos were able to trade Jay for far more than the value of where he was drafted prior to Shanny getting his hands on him.

Lovie Smith ruined Cutler.

HILife
05-06-2012, 04:51 PM
I was told that not wearing pants allows for the cool air in and the balls sweat out. I didn't believe them so I put it to the test and I have confirmed that this is true.

Interesting...What else can you tell us?

HILife
05-06-2012, 04:52 PM
Interesting...What else can you tell us?

Well, contrary to popular belief, **** does not smell like roses.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 05:20 PM
Lovie Smith ruined Cutler.

no their crappy GM, lack of WR's,OL and a overall lack of competent offensive coordinator nearly ruined Cutler.

so far the new GM is doing a pretty good job of rectifying it.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 05:39 PM
What makes any of you think that Cutler is ruined, or even nearly ruined?

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 05:41 PM
Moron.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 05:45 PM
This thread is ridiculous. I'm not the biggest Shanny fan, but the notion of Cutler's arrogance and pouty behavior being his fault is just stupid.

BroncoMan4ever
05-06-2012, 05:47 PM

He may not be ruined, but he is nowhere near the QB he had the ability to become.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM

He walks rats on the sidewalk and dresses like a douche.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
He may not be ruined, but he is nowhere near the QB he had the ability to become.
.....yet.

I doubt he will ever reach his 'potential', but the guy has plenty of time left to try.

yerner
05-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I hope u get AIDS.

errand
05-06-2012, 06:05 PM
Who cares if the Redskins head coach ruins the Redskins rookie QB?

mustangtoby
05-06-2012, 06:06 PM
I, personally, will always wonder what Cutler could have become under Shanny for about 5/6 more years. I think it would have been incredible...

Punisher
05-06-2012, 06:07 PM

Ok he'll ruin RG3 because he'll make him arrogant. You hit it Right on the money man

Hamrob
05-06-2012, 06:10 PM
Wow, what absolute rubbish.

What did Shanahan do for John Elway
What did Shanahan do for Steve Young
What did Shanahan do for Brian Griese
What did Shanahan do for Jake Plummer
What did Shanahan do for Jay Cutler

He made them some of the best at their positions during his time with them. Griese went to the pro-bowl for craps sake. Plummer threw for 4,000 yards. Plummer was an average QB at best. Shanahan made him above average and got the most out of him...despite the sour grapes that Jake holds against him.

Shanahan is perfect for RG III, that kid is going to be stud under Shanahan. I can see him utilzing the naked bootleg and going deep...or pumping it and taking off for 40yds. Look out!

errand
05-06-2012, 06:47 PM
I, personally, will always wonder what Cutler could have become under Shanny for about 5/6 more years. I think it would have been incredible...
Me too...I evenwonder how tim would've turned out if josh mcdaniels had been able to coach him a few seasons. Unfortunantly for both of them, neither guy decided to build a defense.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 06:48 PM

He made them some of the best at their positions during his time with them. Griese went to the pro-bowl for craps sake. Plummer threw for 4,000 yards. Plummer was an average QB at best. Shanahan made him above average and got the most out of him...despite the sour grapes that Jake holds against him.

Shanahan is perfect for RG III, that kid is going to be stud under Shanahan. I can see him utilzing the naked bootleg and going deep...or pumping it and taking off for 40yds. Look out!

The big concern with RGIII at this point is that he has to win immediately or Shanny is gone. And changing coaches after one season is never good for a young QB.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 06:53 PM
I don't think he has to win 'immediately'. Snyder is more concerned with making money than winning football games, and a promising superstar QB is going to sell a lot of jerseys. I think in order for Shanahan to keep his job a few more years he merely has to show steady improvement in the win column while RGIII shows steady improvement on the field. I don't think anybody is realistically expecting a Cam Newton-type rookie season, and if Shanahan and RGIII gel together and show promise I think his job is pretty safe for 2-3 years.

Broncos_OTM
05-06-2012, 06:53 PM
Let's see.During that age, a person can become arrogant if the coach keeps comparing him to hall of fame QB..
To me, Shanny is bad for rookie QBs.

Dude cutler came out of the womb stuck on himself. You have a bad memory, go back and listen to him when he was drafted

Broncos_OTM
05-06-2012, 07:00 PM
He walks rats on the sidewalk and dresses like a douche.

Ok i dont get the op but your justspewing hate

KipCorrington25
05-06-2012, 07:08 PM
Washington needs Ben McDaniels and the timing is perfect I'm sure his job teaching PE is wrapping up for the summer.

razorwire77
05-06-2012, 07:21 PM

LOL. Yeah, because a strong-armed sub 4.45 40 elite athlete at QB is really going to struggle in a Shanny offense. Think about what Jake Plummer was able to accomplish in his best year with the boot-legs and waggles in a Shanahan offense, now picture a taller, stronger, faster, younger, more athletic QB. RG3 will have a superior year to Luck as a rookie. I'm almost sure of it. Although long term I think Luck will be an elite franchise QB.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 07:26 PM
I don't think he has to win 'immediately'. Snyder is more concerned with making money than winning football games, and a promising superstar QB is going to sell a lot of jerseys. I think in order for Shanahan to keep his job a few more years he merely has to show steady improvement in the win column while RGIII shows steady improvement on the field. I don't think anybody is realistically expecting a Cam Newton-type rookie season, and if Shanahan and RGIII gel together and show promise I think his job is pretty safe for 2-3 years.

Actually, people are expecting a Cam Newton-type season at minimum. Especially Redskin fans.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL. Yeah, because a strong-armed sub 4.45 40 elite athlete at QB is really going to struggle in a Shanny offense. Think about what Jake Plummer was able to accomplish in his best year with the boot-legs and waggles in a Shanahan offense, now picture a taller, stronger, faster, younger, more athletic QB. RG3 will have a superior year to Luck as a rookie. I'm almost sure of it. Although long term I think Luck will be an elite franchise QB.

Seeing as Luck is the more NFL-ready QB by a factor of ten, I doubt it. But you never know...

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Actually, people are expecting a Cam Newton-type season at minimum. Especially Redskin fans.
Idiots don't count.

errand
05-06-2012, 07:34 PM

Mike's offenses are generally considered QB friendly......

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Shanny will do amazing things with RG3. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing this season.

razorwire77
05-06-2012, 07:35 PM
Seeing as Luck is the more NFL-ready QB by a factor of ten, I doubt it. But you never know...

I see him as a more NFL ready QB, and will become the superior quarterback, but I think the Skins have a better infrastructure in place and that Shanny will design a system that takes advantage of RG3's athleticism. I expect Luck to take Elway 1983 type lumps early on.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 09:11 PM
Ok i dont get the op but your justspewing hate

You must not get this either...

Dedhed
05-06-2012, 09:12 PM
arrogance is the mark of any good or great player. confidence in oneself is important to further your potential.

People use "arrogance" and "confidence" as synonyms these days, but, in truth, they are vastly different.

"Confidence" is a trademark of every great player. "Arrogance" is the mark of every player who fails to reach the height that their "confidence" defines because they fail to understand that they must learn from others in order to achieve greatness.

montrose
05-06-2012, 10:38 PM
An anti-Shanny titled thread 43 posts in without Rev? Yawn

ChampJesusBailey
05-06-2012, 10:42 PM
I like Cutler but he was already a douche pre-Shanahan.

Shanny will do amazing things with RG3. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing this season.

Yep. I plan on watching every Skins game I can just to see what Shanahan has RG3 doing in that offense. Should be fun to watch.

BroncoMan4ever
05-06-2012, 11:34 PM
.....yet.

I doubt he will ever reach his 'potential', but the guy has plenty of time left to try.

how many guys who have been starters for 5 years suddenly go through a transformation and finally develop?

there is situations of guys who never got a shot until middle of their careers who come from nowhere and have a few good seasons, but i can't think of any truly gifted guys who squandered their talent for almost half of their career and then turned it all around.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 11:59 PM
Who said anything about a transformation? Cutler's already pretty damn developed, and it's not far-fetched to assume he'll improve more with each passing season.

You make it sound like he's already used up all his natural talent and is doomed to be an underachiever.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 12:03 AM

Shanahan didn't turnn Elway into a great at the position, John did that. granted his team got Elway his rings, it wasn't so much that he built John up. and you can't really throw the OC with the Broncos in the 80s as building up Elway, because it wasn't until after he went to the Raiders that Elway truly blossomed.

i'll give you that he truly helped out Young, in setting him up to be successful throwing and running. but you also have to look at the 91 season Young had, right before getting to work with Shanahan. he had over a 100 passer rating and threw for good yardage and TD-INT ratio despite missing games because of injury and Seifert letting Bono play because he was winning games. Young had begun to blossom prior to working with Shanahan. granted SHanahan had some input in helping out Young get even better, it can't be said he built him up.

with Griese, Plummer and to a degree Elway, i would have to give credit to Kubiak. he was the OC and QB Coach and had a huge effect on the teams, as evidenced by the mediocrity of the offense once he left for Houston in 06.

Cutler has never truly developed. he has so much ability that if he was coached up or had the desire he could have become one of the best QBs in the league, instead of just a middle of the pack guy. so i don't count him as a success.

i don't think Shanahan is perfect for RGIII, i think RGIII is perfect for Shanahan. RGIII would be a success just about anywhere with decent coaching. Shanahan needed RGIII more than RGIII needed Shanahan. the offense that Shanahan runs, and doesn't really tailor to the abilities of his QB, is an offense that RGIII will be great in. his offense requires a guy with a skill set like RGIII at QB and without a guy like that it fails.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 12:17 AM
Who said anything about a transformation? Cutler's already pretty damn developed, and it's not far-fetched to assume he'll improve more with each passing season.

You make it sound like he's already used up all his natural talent and is doomed to be an underachiever.

Cutler is average. if he got his head right and used his ability to its fullest potential it would be a complete transformation, because his natural abilities would make him a top 3 QB in the league if he had his head on straight.

you used the perfect word for him...underachiever.

he has all this talent, but no desire to put it together. and with as much money as he has already made, what would his motivation to grow as a QB be? if it was to become a great/elite QB or work towards a super bowl, he would be putting in the work, but he doesn't.

his rookie deal was 6 years and 48 million. when he was traded the Bears added 2 years and 30 million to his deal, meaning he has made a ****load of cash, and for most players, cash is the prime motivator.

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 12:26 AM
I'd say he's quite a bit better than average, but it's a boring argument by this point.

go_broncos
05-07-2012, 05:49 AM
Couple of things will happen this season:

1) QB controversy
2) RG3 arrogant statements(like it's not his fault) in the press.

You will realize how stupid and Egomaniac shanny is..

WolfpackGuy
05-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Naming Griffin starter over Grossman and Cousins isn't some sort of bold move.

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 06:16 AM
Yeah, all of Cutler's personality defects are Shanahan's fault because of something said one time. Makes sense.

TonyR
05-07-2012, 06:21 AM
...Cousins...

Speaking of Cousins, I'm not sure that pick was a smart move. You don't pick a guy who expects to be a starter at some point to be a backup to the other guy you drafted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/30/kirk-cousins-thought-hed-back-up-a-veteran-like-peyton-or-vick/

go_broncos
05-07-2012, 06:25 AM
Naming Griffin starter over Grossman and Cousins isn't some sort of bold move.

you will see..
Fans will ask for backup when the starter is struggling.
Remember, some fans wanted simms over orton..

TheReverend
05-07-2012, 06:34 AM
An anti-Shanny titled thread 43 posts in without Rev? Yawn

There's so much stupid in this thread that I wouldn't know where to start

bronco militia
05-07-2012, 06:49 AM
shanny ruined cutler?????

jonny1
05-07-2012, 07:23 AM
Cutler was having a very, very good season last year until he got hurt.

Cracks me up how people on here talk about Cutler "not working and trying to become better" when they have absolutely NO idea what he does in the offseason, outside of a stupid picture of him walking a dog, which makes him lazy and uncommitted in their eyes.

Yeah, that is a really informed opinion.

BroncoBen
05-07-2012, 07:30 AM
Cutler was having a very, very good season last year until he got hurt.

Cracks me up how people on here talk about Cutler "not working and trying to become better" when they have absolutely NO idea what he does in the offseason, outside of a stupid picture of him walking a dog, which makes him lazy and uncommitted in their eyes.

Yeah, that is a really informed opinion.

I guess for me Cutler has that whole 'attitude' problem going on during the game. Its more like... 'Its not my fault'.. instead of trying to make the players around him better he just worries about himself. Which is not a good thing if you want to win.. not at the NFL level.

jonny1
05-07-2012, 07:40 AM
I guess for me Cutler has that whole 'attitude' problem going on during the game. Its more like... 'Its not my fault'.. instead of trying to make the players around him better he just worries about himself. Which is not a good thing if you want to win.. not at the NFL level.

This does not coincide with what his teammates say, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Lestat
05-07-2012, 08:02 AM

considering the only offensive talent they had the past few years was himself and Forte he would be right to feel that way. Knox & Bennett are nice #3 WR's but he has only now gotten some weapons around him. also just now has a decent OL to protect him.

he still needs a top TE, Martz really ****ed that up by minimizing Olsen and thus allowing the Bears to deal him away.

Pendejo
05-07-2012, 08:11 AM
shanny ruined cutler?????

Mike Shanahan: Quarterback Killer

This thread should go the way of the one in which some guy wanted to win back his ex-girlfriend by taking her to the park to play baseball.

Toshiro Takashi
05-07-2012, 10:59 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Jay-Cutler-dog.jpg