PDA

View Full Version : Mike Shanahan will ruin RG3

go_broncos
05-06-2012, 04:57 PM
He did the same with Cutler.
He compared cutler with Elway during training camp.Always supported cutler..never said anything against him.

Doing the same with RG3..I am sure RG3(like cutler) will become arrogant.

Never ever get drafted by Shanny(if you are a QB).

Ratboy
05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
5 star thread.

rbackfactory80
05-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Shanahan is what I would call a "good players coach".

BroncoMan4ever
05-06-2012, 05:02 PM
He compared cutler with Elway during training camp.Always supported cutler..never said anything against him.

RGIII has a much better attitude and work ethic than Cutler. Cutler thought he was god's gift to the NFL coming out of college before Shanahan gargled his balls. While RGIII isn't in an ideal situation with his coach, he wont be defined by Shanahan. He will build himself to what he wants because of the type of man he is

Requiem
05-06-2012, 05:04 PM
Get out of here.

go_broncos
05-06-2012, 05:09 PM
RGIII has a much better attitude and work ethic than Cutler. Cutler thought he was god's gift to the NFL coming out of college before Shanahan gargled his balls. While RGIII isn't in an ideal situation with his coach, he wont be defined by Shanahan. He will build himself to what he wants because of the type of man he is

Let's see.During that age, a person can become arrogant if the coach keeps comparing him to hall of fame QB..
To me, Shanny is bad for rookie QBs.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
RGIII isn't a primadonna like Cutler. He's smarter, too.

In about two or three years, the Redskins will be a force in their division.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
go_broncos opinion was so informative that it might be considered "fact".
It did have more opinion then a Bronco Rob cut n paste job, though.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 05:26 PM
arrogance is the mark of any good or great player. confidence in oneself is important to further your potential.

now you don't wanna be a flava clown like TO or Ryan Leaf but you need to be confident.

i don't think RGIII will get a big head due to him being well grounded and close to his family.
he's engaged and will be a marred man in 2 years or so.
i believe he's going to be one of the top QB's in the NFL in 2-3 years and i think that playing under Shanahan will help him. but he's a guy who's been hurt before and that's enough to ensure you're humbled if you weren't before.

elsid13
05-06-2012, 05:27 PM
Evidently go-broncos believes in the McDaniels method of coaching his starting QB.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 05:29 PM
Evidently go-broncos believes in the McDaniels method of coaching his starting QB.

Hilarious!

delany
05-06-2012, 05:46 PM
Shanahan ruined Cutler so much that the Broncos were able to trade Jay for far more than the value of where he was drafted prior to Shanny getting his hands on him.

HILife
05-06-2012, 05:48 PM
I was told that not wearing pants allows for the cool air in and the balls sweat out. I didn't believe them so I put it to the test and I have confirmed that this is true.

Mogulseeker
05-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Shanahan ruined Cutler so much that the Broncos were able to trade Jay for far more than the value of where he was drafted prior to Shanny getting his hands on him.

Lovie Smith ruined Cutler.

HILife
05-06-2012, 05:51 PM
I was told that not wearing pants allows for the cool air in and the balls sweat out. I didn't believe them so I put it to the test and I have confirmed that this is true.

Interesting...What else can you tell us?

HILife
05-06-2012, 05:52 PM
Interesting...What else can you tell us?

Well, contrary to popular belief, **** does not smell like roses.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 06:20 PM
Lovie Smith ruined Cutler.

no their crappy GM, lack of WR's,OL and a overall lack of competent offensive coordinator nearly ruined Cutler.

so far the new GM is doing a pretty good job of rectifying it.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 06:39 PM
What makes any of you think that Cutler is ruined, or even nearly ruined?

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 06:41 PM
Moron.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 06:45 PM
This thread is ridiculous. I'm not the biggest Shanny fan, but the notion of Cutler's arrogance and pouty behavior being his fault is just stupid.

BroncoMan4ever
05-06-2012, 06:47 PM

He may not be ruined, but he is nowhere near the QB he had the ability to become.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 06:51 PM

He walks rats on the sidewalk and dresses like a douche.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 06:51 PM
He may not be ruined, but he is nowhere near the QB he had the ability to become.
.....yet.

I doubt he will ever reach his 'potential', but the guy has plenty of time left to try.

yerner
05-06-2012, 06:55 PM
I hope u get AIDS.

errand
05-06-2012, 07:05 PM
Who cares if the Redskins head coach ruins the Redskins rookie QB?

mustangtoby
05-06-2012, 07:06 PM
I, personally, will always wonder what Cutler could have become under Shanny for about 5/6 more years. I think it would have been incredible...

Punisher
05-06-2012, 07:07 PM

Ok he'll ruin RG3 because he'll make him arrogant. You hit it Right on the money man

Hamrob
05-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Wow, what absolute rubbish.

What did Shanahan do for John Elway
What did Shanahan do for Steve Young
What did Shanahan do for Brian Griese
What did Shanahan do for Jake Plummer
What did Shanahan do for Jay Cutler

He made them some of the best at their positions during his time with them. Griese went to the pro-bowl for craps sake. Plummer threw for 4,000 yards. Plummer was an average QB at best. Shanahan made him above average and got the most out of him...despite the sour grapes that Jake holds against him.

Shanahan is perfect for RG III, that kid is going to be stud under Shanahan. I can see him utilzing the naked bootleg and going deep...or pumping it and taking off for 40yds. Look out!

errand
05-06-2012, 07:47 PM
I, personally, will always wonder what Cutler could have become under Shanny for about 5/6 more years. I think it would have been incredible...
Me too...I evenwonder how tim would've turned out if josh mcdaniels had been able to coach him a few seasons. Unfortunantly for both of them, neither guy decided to build a defense.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 07:48 PM

He made them some of the best at their positions during his time with them. Griese went to the pro-bowl for craps sake. Plummer threw for 4,000 yards. Plummer was an average QB at best. Shanahan made him above average and got the most out of him...despite the sour grapes that Jake holds against him.

Shanahan is perfect for RG III, that kid is going to be stud under Shanahan. I can see him utilzing the naked bootleg and going deep...or pumping it and taking off for 40yds. Look out!

The big concern with RGIII at this point is that he has to win immediately or Shanny is gone. And changing coaches after one season is never good for a young QB.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't think he has to win 'immediately'. Snyder is more concerned with making money than winning football games, and a promising superstar QB is going to sell a lot of jerseys. I think in order for Shanahan to keep his job a few more years he merely has to show steady improvement in the win column while RGIII shows steady improvement on the field. I don't think anybody is realistically expecting a Cam Newton-type rookie season, and if Shanahan and RGIII gel together and show promise I think his job is pretty safe for 2-3 years.

Broncos_OTM
05-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Let's see.During that age, a person can become arrogant if the coach keeps comparing him to hall of fame QB..
To me, Shanny is bad for rookie QBs.

Dude cutler came out of the womb stuck on himself. You have a bad memory, go back and listen to him when he was drafted

Broncos_OTM
05-06-2012, 08:00 PM
He walks rats on the sidewalk and dresses like a douche.

Ok i dont get the op but your justspewing hate

KipCorrington25
05-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Washington needs Ben McDaniels and the timing is perfect I'm sure his job teaching PE is wrapping up for the summer.

razorwire77
05-06-2012, 08:21 PM

LOL. Yeah, because a strong-armed sub 4.45 40 elite athlete at QB is really going to struggle in a Shanny offense. Think about what Jake Plummer was able to accomplish in his best year with the boot-legs and waggles in a Shanahan offense, now picture a taller, stronger, faster, younger, more athletic QB. RG3 will have a superior year to Luck as a rookie. I'm almost sure of it. Although long term I think Luck will be an elite franchise QB.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 08:26 PM
I don't think he has to win 'immediately'. Snyder is more concerned with making money than winning football games, and a promising superstar QB is going to sell a lot of jerseys. I think in order for Shanahan to keep his job a few more years he merely has to show steady improvement in the win column while RGIII shows steady improvement on the field. I don't think anybody is realistically expecting a Cam Newton-type rookie season, and if Shanahan and RGIII gel together and show promise I think his job is pretty safe for 2-3 years.

Actually, people are expecting a Cam Newton-type season at minimum. Especially Redskin fans.

Agamemnon
05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
LOL. Yeah, because a strong-armed sub 4.45 40 elite athlete at QB is really going to struggle in a Shanny offense. Think about what Jake Plummer was able to accomplish in his best year with the boot-legs and waggles in a Shanahan offense, now picture a taller, stronger, faster, younger, more athletic QB. RG3 will have a superior year to Luck as a rookie. I'm almost sure of it. Although long term I think Luck will be an elite franchise QB.

Seeing as Luck is the more NFL-ready QB by a factor of ten, I doubt it. But you never know...

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 08:28 PM
Actually, people are expecting a Cam Newton-type season at minimum. Especially Redskin fans.
Idiots don't count.

errand
05-06-2012, 08:34 PM

Mike's offenses are generally considered QB friendly......

SoCalBronco
05-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Shanny will do amazing things with RG3. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing this season.

razorwire77
05-06-2012, 08:35 PM
Seeing as Luck is the more NFL-ready QB by a factor of ten, I doubt it. But you never know...

I see him as a more NFL ready QB, and will become the superior quarterback, but I think the Skins have a better infrastructure in place and that Shanny will design a system that takes advantage of RG3's athleticism. I expect Luck to take Elway 1983 type lumps early on.

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 10:11 PM
Ok i dont get the op but your justspewing hate

You must not get this either...

Dedhed
05-06-2012, 10:12 PM
arrogance is the mark of any good or great player. confidence in oneself is important to further your potential.

People use "arrogance" and "confidence" as synonyms these days, but, in truth, they are vastly different.

"Confidence" is a trademark of every great player. "Arrogance" is the mark of every player who fails to reach the height that their "confidence" defines because they fail to understand that they must learn from others in order to achieve greatness.

montrose
05-06-2012, 11:38 PM
An anti-Shanny titled thread 43 posts in without Rev? Yawn

ChampJesusBailey
05-06-2012, 11:42 PM
I like Cutler but he was already a douche pre-Shanahan.

Shanny will do amazing things with RG3. It's one of the things I'm most looking forward to seeing this season.

Yep. I plan on watching every Skins game I can just to see what Shanahan has RG3 doing in that offense. Should be fun to watch.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 12:34 AM
.....yet.

I doubt he will ever reach his 'potential', but the guy has plenty of time left to try.

how many guys who have been starters for 5 years suddenly go through a transformation and finally develop?

there is situations of guys who never got a shot until middle of their careers who come from nowhere and have a few good seasons, but i can't think of any truly gifted guys who squandered their talent for almost half of their career and then turned it all around.

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Who said anything about a transformation? Cutler's already pretty damn developed, and it's not far-fetched to assume he'll improve more with each passing season.

You make it sound like he's already used up all his natural talent and is doomed to be an underachiever.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 01:03 AM

Shanahan didn't turnn Elway into a great at the position, John did that. granted his team got Elway his rings, it wasn't so much that he built John up. and you can't really throw the OC with the Broncos in the 80s as building up Elway, because it wasn't until after he went to the Raiders that Elway truly blossomed.

i'll give you that he truly helped out Young, in setting him up to be successful throwing and running. but you also have to look at the 91 season Young had, right before getting to work with Shanahan. he had over a 100 passer rating and threw for good yardage and TD-INT ratio despite missing games because of injury and Seifert letting Bono play because he was winning games. Young had begun to blossom prior to working with Shanahan. granted SHanahan had some input in helping out Young get even better, it can't be said he built him up.

with Griese, Plummer and to a degree Elway, i would have to give credit to Kubiak. he was the OC and QB Coach and had a huge effect on the teams, as evidenced by the mediocrity of the offense once he left for Houston in 06.

Cutler has never truly developed. he has so much ability that if he was coached up or had the desire he could have become one of the best QBs in the league, instead of just a middle of the pack guy. so i don't count him as a success.

i don't think Shanahan is perfect for RGIII, i think RGIII is perfect for Shanahan. RGIII would be a success just about anywhere with decent coaching. Shanahan needed RGIII more than RGIII needed Shanahan. the offense that Shanahan runs, and doesn't really tailor to the abilities of his QB, is an offense that RGIII will be great in. his offense requires a guy with a skill set like RGIII at QB and without a guy like that it fails.

BroncoMan4ever
05-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Who said anything about a transformation? Cutler's already pretty damn developed, and it's not far-fetched to assume he'll improve more with each passing season.

You make it sound like he's already used up all his natural talent and is doomed to be an underachiever.

Cutler is average. if he got his head right and used his ability to its fullest potential it would be a complete transformation, because his natural abilities would make him a top 3 QB in the league if he had his head on straight.

you used the perfect word for him...underachiever.

he has all this talent, but no desire to put it together. and with as much money as he has already made, what would his motivation to grow as a QB be? if it was to become a great/elite QB or work towards a super bowl, he would be putting in the work, but he doesn't.

his rookie deal was 6 years and 48 million. when he was traded the Bears added 2 years and 30 million to his deal, meaning he has made a ****load of cash, and for most players, cash is the prime motivator.

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 01:26 AM
I'd say he's quite a bit better than average, but it's a boring argument by this point.

go_broncos
05-07-2012, 06:49 AM
Couple of things will happen this season:

1) QB controversy
2) RG3 arrogant statements(like it's not his fault) in the press.

You will realize how stupid and Egomaniac shanny is..

WolfpackGuy
05-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Naming Griffin starter over Grossman and Cousins isn't some sort of bold move.

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 07:16 AM
Yeah, all of Cutler's personality defects are Shanahan's fault because of something said one time. Makes sense.

TonyR
05-07-2012, 07:21 AM
...Cousins...

Speaking of Cousins, I'm not sure that pick was a smart move. You don't pick a guy who expects to be a starter at some point to be a backup to the other guy you drafted.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/30/kirk-cousins-thought-hed-back-up-a-veteran-like-peyton-or-vick/

go_broncos
05-07-2012, 07:25 AM
Naming Griffin starter over Grossman and Cousins isn't some sort of bold move.

you will see..
Fans will ask for backup when the starter is struggling.
Remember, some fans wanted simms over orton..

TheReverend
05-07-2012, 07:34 AM
An anti-Shanny titled thread 43 posts in without Rev? Yawn

There's so much stupid in this thread that I wouldn't know where to start

bronco militia
05-07-2012, 07:49 AM
shanny ruined cutler?????

jonny1
05-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Cutler was having a very, very good season last year until he got hurt.

Cracks me up how people on here talk about Cutler "not working and trying to become better" when they have absolutely NO idea what he does in the offseason, outside of a stupid picture of him walking a dog, which makes him lazy and uncommitted in their eyes.

Yeah, that is a really informed opinion.

BroncoBen
05-07-2012, 08:30 AM
Cutler was having a very, very good season last year until he got hurt.

Cracks me up how people on here talk about Cutler "not working and trying to become better" when they have absolutely NO idea what he does in the offseason, outside of a stupid picture of him walking a dog, which makes him lazy and uncommitted in their eyes.

Yeah, that is a really informed opinion.

I guess for me Cutler has that whole 'attitude' problem going on during the game. Its more like... 'Its not my fault'.. instead of trying to make the players around him better he just worries about himself. Which is not a good thing if you want to win.. not at the NFL level.

jonny1
05-07-2012, 08:40 AM
I guess for me Cutler has that whole 'attitude' problem going on during the game. Its more like... 'Its not my fault'.. instead of trying to make the players around him better he just worries about himself. Which is not a good thing if you want to win.. not at the NFL level.

This does not coincide with what his teammates say, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Lestat
05-07-2012, 09:02 AM

considering the only offensive talent they had the past few years was himself and Forte he would be right to feel that way. Knox & Bennett are nice #3 WR's but he has only now gotten some weapons around him. also just now has a decent OL to protect him.

he still needs a top TE, Martz really ****ed that up by minimizing Olsen and thus allowing the Bears to deal him away.

Pendejo
05-07-2012, 09:11 AM
shanny ruined cutler?????

Mike Shanahan: Quarterback Killer

This thread should go the way of the one in which some guy wanted to win back his ex-girlfriend by taking her to the park to play baseball.

Toshiro Takashi
05-07-2012, 11:59 AM
http://www.sportsgrid.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Jay-Cutler-dog.jpg

24champ
08-25-2014, 08:46 AM
Wonder who RG3 will blame this year?

"Let's stop beating around the bush," Theismann told the Washington Post in the fourth quarter of Saturday's game. "Kirk Cousins has played much better at the quarterback position than Robert Griffin III has. Now, Robert is learning to work out of a pocket. He doesn't look as smooth or as comfortable throwing the football. I mean, your eyes will tell you everything you need to know."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24677942/joe-theismann-redskins-backup-qb-kirk-cousins-has-outplayed-rg3

Kevin8Nine
08-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Wonder who RG3 will blame this year?

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24677942/joe-theismann-redskins-backup-qb-kirk-cousins-has-outplayed-rg3

Eh... With the new coach I am going to pay attention to the Redskins this year. I wanna see what Jay Gruden can do.

Kaylore
08-25-2014, 09:08 AM
Mike Shanahan drafted Cousins too. From what I've heard, Snyder had (and continues) a boner for RG3 and Shanahan thought he could work with it. On some level it makes sense. What he failed to anticipate was how immediately bloated the player's ego was and the level of entitlement you create when you're buddy-buddy with the owner at a head coach's expense. The best thing to happen to RG3 would be for him to get cut outright. He needs humility.

go_broncos
08-25-2014, 09:12 AM
As i said, Shanny ruined RG3. Cousins were never praised by shanny that much.

Kaylore
08-25-2014, 09:13 AM

I have no idea what this even means.

bronco militia
08-25-2014, 09:14 AM

RG3's cousins must be pissed about something

GoneFishin'
08-25-2014, 09:52 AM

It may be some sort of ancient riddle....

Guess Who
08-25-2014, 11:24 AM
Mike Shanahan drafted Cousins too. From what I've heard, Snyder had (and continues) a boner for RG3 and Shanahan thought he could work with it. On some level it makes sense. What he failed to anticipate was how immediately bloated the player's ego was and the level of entitlement you create when you're buddy-buddy with the owner at a head coach's expense. The best thing to happen to RG3 would be for him to get cut outright. He needs humility.

Yeah, that is what I heard. Snyder gave up the 3 first rounders for RGIII all by himself. Shanahan would have been happy with keeping the first round picks and Cousins.

SonOfLe-loLang
08-25-2014, 11:25 AM

Or RG3 was overrated to begin with. But sure, lets go with your odd argument.

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 11:29 AM

We don't agree on a lot but you said it all. Secretly I am pulling for Cousins to do very well this year just to prove Shanny right ..He did not want to draft RG3 to start with..heard it in an interview..RG3 cost the man his job and that's wrong on so many levels.

Lestat
08-25-2014, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't say that Shanny ruined him. RGIII will be fine so long as he stays healthy.
Some are writing off RGIII way too early.

Lestat
08-25-2014, 11:33 AM
Here's the problem with this entitlement talk nonsense.
Elway did much the same thing with Reeves. So you praise Elway and knock on RGIII as a petulant child?

Most head coaches do not get exactly the player they wanted in a given draft.
You utilize the players you have and maximize the results, that is your job and Shanny has shown in the past that he is a terrible GM.

2KBack
08-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Shanahan didn't ruin RGIII, He ruined the defense.

Tombstone RJ
08-25-2014, 11:41 AM

well, when you trade the house for a player and have the owner's ear, it's kind of hard not to get an inflated ego.

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 11:42 AM
Here's the problem with this entitlement talk nonsense.
Elway did much the same thing with Reeves. So you praise Elway and knock on RGIII as a petulant child?

Most head coaches do not get exactly the player they wanted in a given draft.
You utilize the players you have and maximize the results, that is your job and Shanny has shown in the past that he is a terrible GM.

The difference here is Shanny was not allowed to coach..Synder told him what to do ..and how to do it.. and when to do it.. Its not a knock on RG3..but the kid KNEW that the owner was all about him and he took advantage of it. What other owner in the NFL sends limos for their QB 's and wife on game days..Gimme a break..

Kaylore
08-25-2014, 11:45 AM
Shanahan didn't ruin RGIII, He ruined the defense.

Exactly. You can nail Shanahan for many things; Poor personnel choices, nepotistic coaching hires, bad defense and bad special teams. The one thing you cannot is "ruining" an offensive player and especially a QB. If you are even kind of good, Mike Shanahan can make you have pro-bowl, career numbers.

Ragnar
08-25-2014, 01:36 PM
We don't agree on a lot but you said it all. Secretly I am pulling for Cousins to do very well this year just to prove Shanny right ..He did not want to draft RG3 to start with..heard it in an interview..RG3 cost the man his job and that's wrong on so many levels.

I kinda disagree here.

Shanahan cost himself the job. His worst years in Denver included a simple inability to get the job done on the Defensive side of the ball. He took the same bad problems with him to Washington and his Defense showed it.

Total points scored against the Skins in 2013 was 478. Tied for 2nd worst in the league.

RG3 just exacerbated Shanahan's problems. Shanny got himself fired. RG3 just helped set up the meeting.

I still maintain that Shanny would be a fine coach if A) He took a long, hard look at his game philosophy and started from the ground up. B) Allowed the Front office to do their job, and gave up most control over personell C) Only worked on the offensive side of the ball. Give the Defensive guy full control, and let the FO make the best decisions for the organization.

Shanny would have 1+ superbowl win(s) in the next 7 years if he did that. Because his offense, his ability to coax runnersyards and touchdown machines, and his mastery of the west coast offense will give him the offense he needs to win. His lack of control over the Defense can only help his cause.

Lestat
08-25-2014, 01:43 PM
The difference here is Shanny was not allowed to coach..Synder told him what to do ..and how to do it.. and when to do it.. Its not a knock on RG3..but the kid KNEW that the owner was all about him and he took advantage of it. What other owner in the NFL sends limos for their QB 's and wife on game days..Gimme a break..

Shanny had control over everything except RGIII. His failures are his own fault. Shanny cost himself the job, not RGIII.

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 01:51 PM
Shanny had control over everything except RGIII. His failures are his own fault. Shanny cost himself the job, not RGIII.

I live here in VA and I am telling you EVERY TIME you turned on the TV it was a bashing of Shanny..the guy didn't stand a chance. As ya all know I am a Peyton fan but I have always liked Shanny and Champ except when Peyton was playing them..to me from how I saw it ..Synder wanted Shanny to kiss his ass and RG3 's too. Shanny did an interview and he plainly said he was not for drafting RG3 but since that's what the owner chose he excepted it, however he was against all of the coddling that Synder was doing with RG3 Shanny went on to say that is something that is earned not automatically given.
To me Shanny was done ****ty..and RG3 is still trying to rub his nose it by saying well its nice to have a coach that finally believes in you. What hes really saying is its nice to know that he can run the show and do as he pleases. I'm pulling for Cousins..

Lestat
08-25-2014, 02:30 PM
I live here in VA and I am telling you EVERY TIME you turned on the TV it was a bashing of Shanny..the guy didn't stand a chance. As ya all know I am a Peyton fan but I have always liked Shanny and Champ except when Peyton was playing them..to me from how I saw it ..Synder wanted Shanny to kiss his ass and RG3 's too. Shanny did an interview and he plainly said he was not for drafting RG3 but since that's what the owner chose he excepted it, however he was against all of the coddling that Synder was doing with RG3 Shanny went on to say that is something that is earned not automatically given.
To me Shanny was done ****ty..and RG3 is still trying to rub his nose it by saying well its nice to have a coach that finally believes in you. What hes really saying is its nice to know that he can run the show and do as he pleases. I'm pulling for Cousins..

Shanny was the coach and the guy with final say on personnel decisions. The only one we ever heard of him being overruled on was RGIII.
The entire set up of the roster was overseen by him and he picked the players he wanted.

He was bashed because he had the first franchise QB for the Skins in ages and instead of embracing it he was prickly about being overruled.

Action
08-25-2014, 02:36 PM
Mike Shanahan -

What a ****ty head coach that couldn't catch up with the times and just completely fell off to being someone no one wants. Tried his best to spend an off season to learn defense as still coached the softest team in the NFL.

Can't believe Broncos fans don't want to acknowledge how ****ty and soft our teams were the past decade he was here. 10 ****ing years of mediocrity and soft football.

http://i.imgur.com/5pAKG0Y.png

http://i.imgur.com/KbiG5xl.png

gunns
08-25-2014, 02:52 PM

I agree with all of this. Except that the head coach's ego was as bloated if not more and he handled the entire situation wrong, made himself look the fool. Once again Shanahan had the opportunity to come out as the good guy but his ego got in the way.

Lestat
08-25-2014, 02:59 PM
I agree with all of this. Except that the head coach's ego was as bloated if not more and he handled the entire situation wrong, made himself look the fool. Once again Shanahan had the opportunity to come out as the good guy but his ego got in the way.

Ego, pride and stupidity all rolled into one. You had control over the franchise and you decided to fire yourself instead of shutting up.
It isn't like he was being paid a pittance either, he was being well compensated.

Chris
08-25-2014, 03:11 PM
I kinda disagree here.

Shanahan cost himself the job. His worst years in Denver included a simple inability to get the job done on the Defensive side of the ball. He took the same bad problems with him to Washington and his Defense showed it.

Total points scored against the Skins in 2013 was 478. Tied for 2nd worst in the league.

RG3 just exacerbated Shanahan's problems. Shanny got himself fired. RG3 just helped set up the meeting.

I still maintain that Shanny would be a fine coach if A) He took a long, hard look at his game philosophy and started from the ground up. B) Allowed the Front office to do their job, and gave up most control over personell C) Only worked on the offensive side of the ball. Give the Defensive guy full control, and let the FO make the best decisions for the organization.

Shanny would have 1+ superbowl win(s) in the next 7 years if he did that. Because his offense, his ability to coax runnersyards and touchdown machines, and his mastery of the west coast offense will give him the offense he needs to win. His lack of control over the Defense can only help his cause.

So what you're saying is if he does a ton of things he's repeatedly shown he can't or won't do, he might still be a good coach.

HILife
08-25-2014, 03:26 PM
Yeah, that is what I heard. Snyder gave up the 3 first rounders for RGIII all by himself. Shanahan would have been happy with keeping the first round picks and Cousins.

Snyder is a douche and is public enemy number one in the DC area.

Kaylore
08-25-2014, 04:13 PM

I won't argue with that. When it came to player pissing matches, you could always expect Shanahan to make it personal and handle it in a way where everybody loses.

Ragnar
08-25-2014, 06:26 PM
So what you're saying is if he does a ton of things he's repeatedly shown he can't or won't do, he might still be a good coach.

I don't think that having a bad D, and controlling the FO is a "ton" of things.

errand
08-25-2014, 06:45 PM
I think Mike is no different than any other coach....when he has good to great players he will win you a lot of games and a title or two.

The knock on Mike is he was the one selecting the players....

TheReverend
08-25-2014, 06:46 PM
I won't argue with that. When it came to player pissing matches, you could always expect Shanahan to make it personal and handle it in a way where everybody loses.

No one lost harder than Lelie Ha!

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 06:53 PM
Shanny was the coach and the guy with final say on personnel decisions. The only one we ever heard of him being overruled on was RGIII.
The entire set up of the roster was overseen by him and he picked the players he wanted.

He was bashed because he had the first franchise QB for the Skins in ages and instead of embracing it he was prickly about being overruled.

Can't blame him for that though..he was the coach..he was disrespected a lot and I don't even like the Red Skins..maybe he could have handled it better but so could the other 2 involved..Synder and RG3... their dislike for one another was aired in public ..
Either way I still like Shanny and I am pulling for Cousins just because Shanny would get a good laugh..GO SHANNY..:egbgb:

oubronco
08-25-2014, 06:54 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSgVy-u6ktoiuIkHAxZfIIkG9RnQlkPmpaeLfU14FidepIZ-Rog (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=ykfgpD465uTzPM&tbnid=c6lDbpC6Xvn_hM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pinterest.com%2Fpin%2F4355825 95179618415%2F&ei=oNr7U-CHKObd8AG6_IDIBg&psig=AFQjCNFZrdIgdQC4osEUXkGU4T_MIanxhw&ust=1409100798394092)

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 06:59 PM
I think Mike is no different than any other coach....when he has good to great players he will win you a lot of games and a title or two.

The knock on Mike is he was the one selecting the players....

The whole thing started with the fact that Shanny did not want RG3 treated any different..he was a rookie QB ..he didn't earn it ..hello hes not Peyton.. what owner sends a limo for their qb and his wife for game..really? That's how it all started..

errand
08-25-2014, 07:29 PM
Yeah but Mike also thought he could win with Beck as his starter too, so there's that.

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 07:33 PM
Yeah but Mike also thought he could win with Beck as his starter too, so there's that.

We will see..if RG3 sucks as bad as he did last year then Shanny was on to something..he didn't want him to start with..we will see how it plays out..I still vote for Cousins..but I like Shanny ..:cowgirl:

HAT
08-25-2014, 10:41 PM
I'm pretty shocked Chrissy knows of this man they call Shanahan....

Sincerely,
Seabass

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 10:44 PM
Shanahan is what I would call a "good players coach".

Hold on ..isn't that what Fox calls himself..a players coach..? umm..if this is true then we may have a problem..

Chrissy Rules
08-25-2014, 10:45 PM
I'm pretty shocked Chrissy knows of this man they call Shanahan....

Sincerely,
Seabass

Chrissy knows more then one thinks..just nobody pays attention..8')

BroncofanDK
08-28-2014, 02:32 AM
Mike Shanahan -

What a ****ty head coach that couldn't catch up with the times and just completely fell off to being someone no one wants. Tried his best to spend an off season to learn defense as still coached the softest team in the NFL.

Can't believe Broncos fans don't want to acknowledge how ****ty and soft our teams were the past decade he was here. 10 ****ing years of mediocrity and soft football.

That is because it was so much easier to blame it on Jake Plummer, a slew of DC's....

Shanny chased Plummer off
He did not want Elway around after he retired

He sent the team into a downward spiral after 2005, and he has not done meaningful stuff since then.

ScottXray
08-28-2014, 09:44 AM
That is because it was so much easier to blame it on Jake Plummer, a slew of DC's....

Shanny chased Plummer off
He did not want Elway around after he retired

He sent the team into a downward spiral after 2005, and he has not done meaningful stuff since then.

Agree with most of this but Shanahan still deserves our thanks for the 2 SB trophies won under him. I will always be grateful for that, although he really went downhill immediately after Elway left. He never could find the right guy at QB after that , and without the "franchise" guy there he just couldn't be successful enough.

Like AHAB chasing the White Whale he got so wrapped in the offensive side that he forgot that the Defense also needs to be taken seriously to win in the NFL. Although he threw a bone or two to that side the Offense was always where His spent his energy and attention. The Mastermind title went to his head and he started believing it so completely. Like Wiley coyote he would dream up offensive weapon , after weapon, forgetting that the defense would end up being the cliff that he would end up going over in his pursuit of the RR.

DENVERDUI55
08-28-2014, 10:03 AM
Agree with most of this but Shanahan still deserves our thanks for the 2 SB trophies won under him. I will always be grateful for that, although he really went downhill immediately after Elway left. He never could find the right guy at QB after that , and without the "franchise" guy there he just couldn't be successful enough.

Like AHAB chasing the White Whale he got so wrapped in the offensive side that he forgot that the Defense also needs to be taken seriously to win in the NFL. Although he threw a bone or two to that side the Offense was always where His spent his energy and attention. The Mastermind title went to his head and he started believing it so completely. Like Wiley coyote he would dream up offensive weapon , after weapon, forgetting that the defense would end up being the cliff that he would end up going over in his pursuit of the RR.

Plummer was good enough he just didn't built a good enough defense or team around Jake. Jake showed he could manage games and take care of the ball you just couldn't send the whole game plan out on Jake and say take this game over.

mennonite
08-28-2014, 10:22 AM
Like Wile E. Coyote he would dream up offensive weapon , after weapon

http://i.imgur.com/jmzE078.jpg

oubronco
08-28-2014, 10:34 AM
LOL

Taco John
08-28-2014, 01:06 PM
Plummer was good enough he just didn't built a good enough defense or team around Jake. Jake showed he could manage games and take care of the ball you just couldn't send the whole game plan out on Jake and say take this game over.

Athletic talent wasn't Jake's problem, accuracy and strength (both physical and mental) were Jake's problems. But mostly mental strength. He didn't have much of it and was very resistant to exercising the muscle between his ears. Shanahan tried to install mental toughness into the guy, and Jake folded up shop and went and played handball, where you can just show up and play let your athletic ability do the heavy lifting.

Jake just wanted to be the Doug Flutie of Denver. He was a great journeyman quarterback, but you don't win Superbowls with a guy like that. At least we haven't managed to.

LRtagger
08-28-2014, 01:18 PM
http://i.imgur.com/jmzE078.jpg

ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!ROFL!

broncocalijohn
08-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Athletic talent wasn't Jake's problem, accuracy and strength (both physical and mental) were Jake's problems. But mostly mental strength. He didn't have much of it and was very resistant to exercising the muscle between his ears. Shanahan tried to install mental toughness into the guy, and Jake folded up shop and went and played handball, where you can just show up and play let your athletic ability do the heavy lifting.

Jake just wanted to be the Doug Flutie of Denver. He was a great journeyman quarterback, but you don't win Superbowls with a guy like that. At least we haven't managed to.

Journeyman? We were his second team and probably top QB free agent at the time. Shabby and Kubiak fixed the game plan to make him succeed. We proved it in 2005. We were close but I think Shanny panicked for the next season.

Taco John
08-28-2014, 01:54 PM
When I say "journeyman" I'm talking about his talent level.

And yeah Shanahan panicked. He saw clearly that he didn't have a quarterback capable of winning a Superbowl. He and Kubiak carried Jake as far as they possibly could, and saw on our home field that Jake was incapable of winning a Superbowl.

Another season wasn't going to cure Jake of choking in big games.

elsid13
08-28-2014, 03:07 PM
Anytime someone bitches about Shanahan's decision to move from Plummer, I refer them to the Thanksgiving Night Game in KC. That was one of the worse game I have ever seen played by pro-QB.

oubronco
08-28-2014, 03:08 PM
Anytime someone b****es about Shanahan's decision to move from Plummer, I refer them to the Thanksgiving Night Game in KC. That was one of the worse game I have ever seen played by pro-QB.

You must've missed the Teblow experiment

broncocalijohn
08-28-2014, 03:10 PM

And yeah Shanahan panicked. He saw clearly that he didn't have a quarterback capable of winning a Superbowl. He and Kubiak carried Jake as far as they possibly could, and saw on our home field that Jake was incapable of winning a Superbowl.

No and Cutler and Shanny proved that a few season later. We got some great Cutler teams to the playoffs and those big wins! Oh yeah!

Kaylore
08-28-2014, 03:37 PM
You can say a lot of things about Jake Plummer, but he wasn't a "big game choker" so much as his limitations were exposed against teams that shut down the run so he couldn't bootleg. That's not choking. That's just being exposed.

DENVERDUI55
08-28-2014, 04:25 PM
Shanty replaced Jake's mental game with probably the weakest mental midget in the game.

elsid13
08-28-2014, 04:37 PM

I was to drunk during that period. It was only way I could get through those games.

Chrissy Rules
08-28-2014, 04:40 PM

Now that is the best description I have heard thus far..:egbgb:

errand
08-28-2014, 08:13 PM
The Orangemane....where QB's who lead the team to AFCCG appearances/wins (Morton, Plummer, Manning) get ripped and blasted, and others like Tebow, Cutler, and Griese are loved and cherished. SMH

24champ
08-28-2014, 11:57 PM

It's exactly what caused the loss in the AFCCG against the Steelers. The defense was garbage in that game. Our biggest weakness was exposed in that game, the defense.

We had a boatload of picks in the following draft. Shanny blew a lot of ammo to get Cutler and ultimately that failed. We could have used those picks to provide incredible depth to an aging defense, while the offense was still decent.

In the end Shanny got canned for a crap defense and being too damn stubborn to change anything on that side of the ball. Not willing to can Slowik after being the worst defense in the nfl was pure stupidity on Shanny's part.

24champ
08-29-2014, 12:13 AM
Anytime someone b****es about Shanahan's decision to move from Plummer, I refer them to the Thanksgiving Night Game in KC. That was one of the worse game I have ever seen played by pro-QB.

Not necessarily. Team allowed 160 yards rushing from the Chiefs and the team was 7-4 and in prime contention for a playoff spot. Regardless, it was Plummers team, his locker room. Cutler didn't earn anything to get the job, and didn't deserve it.

LongDongJohnson
08-29-2014, 12:25 AM
It's exactly what caused the loss in the AFCCG against the Steelers. The defense was garbage in that game. Our biggest weakness was exposed in that game, the defense.

We had a boatload of picks in the following draft. Shanny blew a lot of ammo to get Cutler and ultimately that failed. We could have used those picks to provide incredible depth to an aging defense, while the offense was still decent.

In the end Shanny got canned for a crap defense and being too damn stubborn to change anything on that side of the ball. Not willing to can Slowik after being the worst defense in the nfl was pure stupidity on Shanny's part.

I wouldnt say the defense was our biggest weakness. We didn't have that good of a passing game that season.

The D was pretty solid all season in 05. They didn't give up points and got a lot of turnovers. But that game against the Steelers, our 3rd down defense **** the bed. Thats why we lost. Kinda like what happened in last seasons super bowl. We couldn't get Big Ben or Wilson off the field on 3rd down.

Our all out blitz defense in 05 couldn't get to Big Ben.

TomServo
08-30-2014, 02:04 AM
Didn't Snyder piss away like $25,000,000 to A. Haynesworth (sp) while shanny was there?
Aanndd. J Plummer was a big F'n quitter that folded like a loser w/ we drafted cutler. Instead of stepping up his game and keeping cutler on the bench,he folded like a loser.

gunns
08-30-2014, 06:15 AM

I agree, we won that divisional game against NE in spite of Plummer and the AFCC largely due to Plummer. Shanahan saw that and decided to move on as far as the QB goes. But another thing Shanahan missed in that divisional game was that the defense won the game. You need both.

oubronco
08-30-2014, 08:29 AM
Baggin on the coach who won back to back SB's for Denver SMH

Shananahan
08-30-2014, 09:51 AM
He's earned it.

Long live Plummer.

24champ
11-20-2014, 08:50 AM
RG3 is a coach killer. Jay Gruden rumored to be canned at the end of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/could-gruden-be-one-and-done-in-washington/

ludo21
11-20-2014, 09:13 AM
Shanty replaced Jake's mental game with probably the weakest mental midget in the game.

which we didnt know at the time.

I am a huge Plummer fan and supporter, and even I thought going to Cutler was going to be a positive move after Plummer faired in the middle of that season.

broncocalijohn
11-20-2014, 09:17 AM

Doesnt give you a lifetime of Teflon. Thank you Shanny for the Superbowl titles but you sucked after 2005. That is how it is done.

TheReverend
11-20-2014, 10:13 AM

People bag on Shanahan because we haven't come close to fielding a coach even half as good since.

Mountain Bronco
11-20-2014, 10:31 AM
People bag on Shanahan because we haven't come close to fielding a coach even half as good since.

Agreed if you qualify that as the 1996-2005 Shanahan. Since then he hasn't been half the coach he was. The game does pass people by.

Drunk Monkey
11-20-2014, 10:45 AM
RG3 is a coach killer. Jay Gruden rumored to be canned at the end of the season.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/11/20/could-gruden-be-one-and-done-in-washington/

What a load of crap.

I bet the NFC East loves Schneider like we loved Al Davis.

TheReverend
11-20-2014, 11:36 AM
Agreed if you qualify that as the 1996-2005 Shanahan. Since then he hasn't been half the coach he was. The game does pass people by.

Current Shanahan still destroys Fox and McDaniels with an arm tied behind his back.

Kaylore
11-20-2014, 12:01 PM
Current Shanahan still destroys Fox and McDaniels with an arm tied behind his back.

Nope. You have to include Shanahan the GM, who would have this team loaded with CFL second stringers.

jmz313
11-20-2014, 12:45 PM
Nope. You have to include Shanahan the GM, who would have this team loaded with CFL second stringers.

That's so funny because it's true. I'm confused when i look at some of those rosters in the 2000's and somehow, had convinced myself those guys were / could be quality players.

GoneFishin'
11-20-2014, 01:03 PM

Jeepers. What a mess.

CEH
11-20-2014, 01:22 PM
So the last 10 Super Bowls have had either a Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, or Big Ben.

Flacco and Kap playerd but Flacco set some kind of record that year for TDs and no INTs in the playoffs.

I see a pattern with what makes a good coach

Mediator12
11-20-2014, 03:23 PM

Actually, that makes him a much better coach, but potentially worse for the SB aspirations of the franchise. Great coaches get the most out of their players. All of DEN's coaches since Shanahan have not really done so well in that category. Current Staff is getting on my nerves so much I am going to the Colts game this weekend and watching the DEN game on tape after I get home.......

jutang
11-20-2014, 04:43 PM
Shanahan never seems to develop players as well... something Fox has over him. If only Shanahan's ego would allow him to let Elway be his boss.

TheReverend
11-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Shanahan never seems to develop players as well... something Fox has over him. If only Shanahan's ego would allow him to let Elway be his boss.

Literally every player and position on the offense Shanahan had a remarkable track record with.

jutang
11-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Literally every player and position on the offense Shanahan had a remarkable track record with.

Shanahan's ability to develop players goes hand in hand with his GM skills.
Great at Qbs and RBs.
Wr sucked. Rod Smith and Brandon Marshall only ones that come to mind.
Defense how many mid to low round draft picks ended up outplaying their draft status. wilson and Pryce were 1st rounders. The Superbowl years were due to great FA acquisitions.

maven
11-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Seems like RG3 was the best under Shanny. The team is a complete mess right now.

BroncosfanGuy
11-20-2014, 06:56 PM
Shanahan never seems to develop players as well... something Fox has over him

when is the OL (which has 2 All-Pro caliber players) going to develop?

jutang
11-20-2014, 08:05 PM
when is the OL (which has 2 All-Pro caliber players) going to develop?
No arguments from me that the OL is a complete cluster**** right now. Clady is an average LT now and with that foot injury may never regains his previous form. Vasquez has regressed and may be more severely injured than what the Broncos are admitting. What was not a perceived weakness for the Broncos is now the worst OL in the last couple of decades.

Jury remains to be seen if Fox can develop OL. Beadles , Walton are from the McD era. Clark, Ramirez, Painter were low round draft picks or leftovers from other teams. Schofield remains to be seen.

Broncobiv
11-21-2014, 08:21 AM
Seems like RG3 was the best under Shanny. The team is a complete mess right now.

Well to be fair, RGIII has only played 3 games this season (not counting the game he left injured in the first quarter). Not exactly a big enough sample size to make a declaration whether he was better under Shanny or Gruden.

SleepingTiger
11-21-2014, 11:09 AM
That's so funny because it's true. I'm confused when i look at some of those rosters in the 2000's and somehow, had convinced myself those guys were / could be quality players.

everyone knows that building a superbowl contender is not from FA, but from the draft.

When Shanny took over the team, we had a group of key core players (Elway, Sharpe, Rod Smith, Atwater, Mobley, Nalen, Schlereth, Eddi Mac, Elam, Zimmerman) already. What we needed was a few key FA to make it all work where the draft can't fill (Romanowski, Neil Smith, Alfred Williams, Tony Jones, Traylor, Gordon, Howard Griffith). We also picked up Dan Neil in the draft (very underrated, he was a 92 in Madden). After the superbowl run, most of the core players either retired or out of their prime. The FA pickups were also out of their prime or retired. Shanny basically had to rebuild yet try to keep the standard of winning.

Here is Shanny's problem i think, he didn't have a season or two where we were bad. He always stayed in the top 1/3 and always having low draft positions. how much talent can you get when you're always picking in the bottom 3rd?

we all know shanny sucks at draft. but, i want to take a look at the drafts he had from a from a different view. i am looking at the draft as a whole, specifically the players that were drafted after our first pick that made an impact on the league.

1999 we drafted Al Wilson with the 32nd pick. Notable players after the 32nd pick are 53 peerless price, 37 jon jansen, 73 joey porter, 213 donald driver. we also drafted desmond clark that made the pro bowl. i would give this draft an A considering our drafting position and the amount of talent on the board.

2000 we drafted deltha with the 15th pick and gold and kennedy in the 2nd rd. notable talents missed after the 15th pick. Shaun Alexander, Keith Bulluck, Chad Clifton, Mike Brown, Laverneus Coles, Dante Hall, Marc Bulger, Tom Brady, Adalius Thomas.
I can see why we didn't draft Shaun Alexander when we had TD, any LB since we already had Mobley, Roman and Al Wilson. However, Mobely was coming of the IR so, drafting Bulluck or Adalius would of made sense. But im not going to fault shanny for that. I would give the draft a B considering the talent. Note, we traded our 10th overall pick for the Ravens 15th pick and 40th pick. I think we targeted Urlacher, once he was gone, we didn't see a player we wanted so we traded down. The player we did miss was John Abraham 13th pick.

2001 oh glory did Shanny ever screw this up. Middlebrooks 24th pick. players missed Reggie wanye (really???), todd heap, drew brees, ohco cinco, kendrell bell, kris jenkens, matt light, chris chambers, adrian wilson, steve smith, tj whoseyourmama. just too damn many. we did pick up paul toviessi by trading away our 4th rd pick though :welcome: Dammit Shanny you screwed up this draft class royaly. draft grade F-

2002 the infamous ed reed line comes from this draft. we picked up lelie with the 19th pick. notable players missed ed reed, javon walker, lito sheppard, michael lewis and brett keisel. i give this draft an A. no seriously i do. we picked up clinton portis with the 51st pick. clinton portis by himself would give this draft a B, but we traded Clinton portis for Bailey that was a 7th overall pick, pro bowler, all pro, all decade and 1st ballot HOF. If I told you we drafted a first a ballot HOF with the 19th pick, you would tell me that it was a very good pick. also, the 2002 draft was lacking in talent. we managed to get the best one with champ bailey 2yrs down the road. champ bailey made me easily forget ed reed.

2003 dammit shanny you screwed up again. george foster 20th pick. players missed, dallas clark, willis mcgahee, asomugha, peanut, jon stinchcomb, rashean mathis (who i wanted us to draft), ej henderson, aquan boldin, osi umenyiroa, lance briggs, jason witten, asante sammuel, robert mathis, brandon lloyd, dan koppen, tony romo, antonio gates. we did draft terry pierce and quenttin griffen. :peace:
draft grade F--

2004 got us DJ williams 17th overall pick. players missed will smith, vince wilfork, stephen jackson, bob sanders, chris snee, darnell dockett, nick hardwick, randy starks, chris cooley, shaun phillips, jared allen, michael turn, jason peters, wes welker. i liked the DJ pick, we were looking for another wlb to replace mobley. its unfortunate that he was always played out of his position. he would of been a probowler had he stayed at wlb. with our 2nd rd pick, we got tmobile salesmen tatum bell, and the watts the claw.
grade c

2005 we traded our 25th pick for some picks that we wiffed on. notable players missed roddy white, logan mankins, michael roos, vincent jackson, frank gore, trent cole, jay ratliff. we did draft darrent williams rip, i think he would of turned out to be a probowler. sad sad sad.
grade incomplete

2006 best draft shanny had. jay culter, tony scheffler, brandon marshall, elvis dummervile, hixon, kuper, eslinger. wow, i don't care who they missed, but this is by far the best draft we ever had. jay culter turned into 2 first rounds picks. A+

2007 oh boy, lets go ahead and give it a F. jarvis freakin moss. then he followed that up with crowder. really?

2008 clady with the 12th pick, eddie royal, peyton hillis and wesley woodyard. this was a solid draft. notable players missed brandon albert, drc, aqib talib, chris johson, mike jenkins, duane brown, brandon flowers, matt forte, desean jackson, knock u out in the elevator rice, jamal charles.

here is the trend i notice with shanny, when drafting in the top half, he is fairly good, but in the bottom half, he sucks. with exceptions to al wilson and dj williams ofcourse. i think we don't give shanny enough credit for his drafting. yes he has some major misses, but he also had some really good drafts.

Again, i think his main problem is that he is always competitive thus never drafting in the top 10. when he did, he scored big time. anyways, this post took like 3hrs to write, im tired. i think i went off track from what i wanted to say. LOL

Taco John
11-21-2014, 11:59 AM

Snyder just flat runs a shabby organization. It's like fantasy football to him.

Chrissy Rules
11-21-2014, 12:13 PM
The problem in a nutshell is RG3 is a legend in his own mind. Shanny didn't want him tostart with..this is all Snyder..its his creation he should be the one to deal w/ it.