PDA

View Full Version : Hello fellow fans

Castle
05-05-2012, 09:00 PM
Hi fellow fans,

I hope my story is not too long nor boring. I'm a UK fan of the Broncos. I've been supporting them since I was 9 years old when the NFl was first shown in the UK. I'm now 36. I was the only kid in school with an Orange (and best) Denver top at the time with a number 7 Elway on it. I started supporting the Broncos, because I loved Elways way of playing. I loved his Hail Mary Bombs and always went for the positive. Everyone else in my school when I was a kid went for the obvious Raiders (*spit*) 49'rs and Bears and Dolphins at the time. I however sat up and watched us lose 3 Superbowls and it killed me like it killed everyone else on here. I also then got the reward like we all did winning.

Tonight I was reminiscing and watching the 98 win again on Youtube and thought I would like to speak with likeminded fans. As I have no one in the Uk to talk about the Broncos to. I have met some people on Facebook in America Broncos fans but not that many.

I've never been to Denver and I'm pretty ashamed about it. I'm planning my trip and will go within the next few years and I hope I will be accepted.

One thing is I know you will know more about players etc as it's harder to know about this stuff in the Uk. It doesn't get any news so please bear with me.

I have been in the house tonight having a few beers watching Broncos vids and I thought I wanted to talk to fellow fans. I have met some before but not enough.

I am glad we have dropped the Tebow Bible freaks as well. Hey, if you are religious that cool, just don't dump it on my football team or tell me.

Apart from that hello. I hope that didn't bore the arse of of everyone! Lol.

Broncos_OTM
05-05-2012, 09:05 PM
welcome to the Omane!

Castle
05-05-2012, 09:09 PM
Thanks for that :)

JCMElway
05-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Come on in and kick your feet up!

Castle
05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Thanks for that JCMElway

broncocalijohn
05-05-2012, 09:38 PM
Oh, you have some questions to answer.

1) Do you take ambien? If so, do you have side effects? Do you have a basement (I doubt that one in the UK)?
2) GHostbusters, parental monitoring and should babysitters be thrown in jail for showing it?
3) Anti gravity aircraft, you believe?
4) Do you like to backpack and have a backpack buddy but you are totally straight?
5) Myrtle Beach, great vacation spot or where your life will fail if you follow your "love"?

I will let you answer these first before more but I am sure Maners will be coming in to quiz you some more.

broncocalijohn
05-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Also, check out this thread from one of our long time English guys from overseas.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=101209&highlight=overseas

Castle
05-05-2012, 09:52 PM
1) No never heard of it, we just used to take Acid in the UK I'm a teen of the 90's. :)
2) Great films
3) No, unless it's orbiting the planet or it's a plane divebombing.
4) I live in Scotland so we like to use backpacks from time to time.
5) Never heard of it, should I living in the UK?
6) No I can't help your ego and your need to feel different, zany, on edge and therefore accepted and fulfilled

Thanks for the link.

Castle
05-05-2012, 10:01 PM
BTW I liked your posts Broncocalijohn. :)

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 10:36 PM
Abandon all hope.

Archer81
05-05-2012, 10:49 PM
Gaze upon my works, yemighty, and despair. I have become death, shatterer of worlds.

:Broncos:

myMind
05-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Aonaibh Ri Cheile and welcome.
I'm born and raised in the U.S, but my great-grandfather was a Cameron born and bread. When you ever visit downtown Denver we should grab a pint or ten.

myMind
05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
Gaze upon my works, yemighty, and despair. I have become death, shatterer of worlds.

Dranken a bit tonight ser?
I'd wager so.

SoCalBronco
05-05-2012, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the forum, friend. :) I look forward to reading your takes.

Broncos_OTM
05-06-2012, 12:34 AM
I hope you laced up your ass kicking boots. be forewarned, this lot are not right in the head

KipCorrington25
05-06-2012, 01:23 AM
That's awesome to see UK fans finding their way as Denver fans over the years. as an American that enjoys some English football I know it seems everyone is a fan of only a few of the high flying clubs so to go against that is respectable.

cutthemdown
05-06-2012, 01:50 AM
The Mane is a great place to talk football. It gets a little heated sometimes, and isn't always friendly, but I think there are lot's of good blokes on the Mane! So did the Broncos traveled to London for a game a few yrs back didn't they? Who knows maybe they come out again sometime. Not sure though if NFL even doing that anymore.

Archer81
05-06-2012, 01:51 AM
Always wondered. Are git and prat the same thing?

cutthemdown
05-06-2012, 01:53 AM
I hope you laced up your ass kicking boots. be forewarned, this lot are not right in the head

What? My neighbors dog talking football with me is something to worry about? By the way he says Duke Ihenacho, our un drafted rookie FA will end up a better player then either Moore or Carter. Also he said eating poop not as bad as we think.

BroncoBeavis
05-06-2012, 06:16 AM
The Mane is a great place to talk football. It gets a little heated sometimes, and isn't always friendly, but I think there are lot's of good blokes on the Mane! So did the Broncos traveled to London for a game a few yrs back didn't they? Who knows maybe they come out again sometime. Not sure though if NFL even doing that anymore.

I think we talked about the NFL sending the Rams over there for the next 3 years. We don't play the NFC West until next year or the year after so it couldn't be until then. Not sure if theyd send Peyton over there or not.

Oh and welcome home to the OM. Stay away from one name (and one crime fighting trucker) and you'll do fine :)

Meck77
05-06-2012, 06:58 AM
Welcome Castle. Hmm...Where is spider anyway? Been a month since his last post.

OrangeSe7en
05-06-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi fellow fans,

I hope my story is not too long nor boring. I'm a UK fan of the Broncos. I've been supporting them since I was 9 years old when the NFl was first shown in the UK. I'm now 36. I was the only kid in school with an Orange (and best) Denver top at the time with a number 7 Elway on it. I started supporting the Broncos, because I loved Elways way of playing. I loved his Hail Mary Bombs and always went for the positive. Everyone else in my school when I was a kid went for the obvious Raiders (*spit*) 49'rs and Bears and Dolphins at the time. I however sat up and watched us lose 3 Superbowls and it killed me like it killed everyone else on here. I also then got the reward like we all did winning.

Tonight I was reminiscing and watching the 98 win again on Youtube and thought I would like to speak with likeminded fans. As I have no one in the Uk to talk about the Broncos to. I have met some people on Facebook in America Broncos fans but not that many.

I've never been to Denver and I'm pretty ashamed about it. I'm planning my trip and will go within the next few years and I hope I will be accepted.

One thing is I know you will know more about players etc as it's harder to know about this stuff in the Uk. It doesn't get any news so please bear with me.

I have been in the house tonight having a few beers watching Broncos vids and I thought I wanted to talk to fellow fans. I have met some before but not enough.

I am glad we have dropped the Tebow Bible freaks as well. Hey, if you are religious that cool, just don't dump it on my football team or tell me.

I wouldn't assume that. I can see why you would but there are some pretty stupid comments that get thrown around.

Either way, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Kaylore
05-06-2012, 08:13 AM
I wouldn't assume that. I can see why you would but there are some pretty stupid comments that get thrown around.

Either way, welcome. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Yeah, Castle. Some of our best, most knowledgeable posters aren't posting from the continental US. Eddie Mac lives in Ireland and is one of our capalogists.

elsid13
05-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Welcome Castle. Hmm...Where is spider anyway? Been a month since his last post.

Either in jail or working as sheep pimp in Canada.

Pendejo
05-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Yeah, Castle. Some of our best, most knowledgeable posters aren't posting from the continental US. Eddie Mac lives in Ireland and is one of our capalogists.

Take your man Kaylore here. He's from Mars, so he can answer any of your questions about implants.

crush17
05-06-2012, 09:03 AM
If you come to Denver, you will never want to leave ;) welcome!

cutthemdown
05-07-2012, 01:20 AM
I think we talked about the NFL sending the Rams over there for the next 3 years. We don't play the NFC West until next year or the year after so it couldn't be until then. Not sure if theyd send Peyton over there or not.

Oh and welcome home to the OM. Stay away from one name (and one crime fighting trucker) and you'll do fine :)

You aren't an official member of the mane until Spider tells you to meet him at the OK coral for a throat punching fight.

canadianbroncosfan
05-07-2012, 03:04 AM
Either in jail or working as sheep pimp in Canada.

I thought we did pretty good at keeping that whole sheep pimping thing a secret.

Welcome Castle, from another foreigner :D

-Mouth

Kaylore
05-07-2012, 07:18 AM
Take your man Kaylore here. He's from Mars, so he can answer any of your questions about implants.

THIS IS CETI ALPHA V!!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Uhu5V8VRxFU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
05-07-2012, 08:25 AM
I thought we did pretty good at keeping that whole sheep pimping thing a secret.

It won't last. The best Pimps never taste their own sugar.

BroncoBeavis
05-07-2012, 08:26 AM
Welcome Castle, from another foreigner :D

-Mouth

Come on, everyone knows Canada doesn't count. :)

BroncoBen
05-07-2012, 08:31 AM
Hello Castle.. great to hear from Broncos fans from around the world.

chrisp
05-07-2012, 08:37 AM
I should really say hi too considering I have been one of the hardy few rep-re-sent-in the UK on this board for nearly a decade...

.....of course not too many other posters notice that as I don't post too much....plus I haven't ever made it out to Denver yet, but having kids kind of eats into your travel budget somewhat....

Looks like you got into the Broncos a just couple of years before I did, despite being a few years younger than me - I turn 40 in a week's time and I just missed the Giant's hammering us 86/87 only to run into that 42-10 buzzsaw against the skins in my rookie fan season of 87/88. Mind you, can't help but feel that lose SB losses, horrific as they were, made eventually winning all the sweeter.

Enjoy the board - its harder than it was to get a sensible football discussion around here but still possible....just :-)

Pendejo
05-07-2012, 09:15 AM
I should really say hi too considering I have been one of the hardy few rep-re-sent-in the UK on this board for nearly a decade...

.....of course not too many other posters notice that as I don't post too much....plus I haven't ever made it out to Denver yet, but having kids kind of eats into your travel budget somewhat....

Looks like you got into the Broncos a just couple of years before I did, despite being a few years younger than me - I turn 40 in a week's time and I just missed the Giant's hammering us 86/87 only to run into that 42-10 buzzsaw against the skins in my rookie fan season of 87/88. Mind you, can't help but feel that lose SB losses, horrific as they were, made eventually winning all the sweeter.

Enjoy the board - its harder than it was to get a sensible football discussion around here but still possible....just :-)

Nonsense. Just read EVERYthing I type.

Castle
05-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Thanks for all the great posts guys and believe me I love the Broncos 26 years made me love the team (I wont say franchise as I hate that American word, maybe it's because I like what you call soccer as well) It's a team, it's a club it's about fans and the people. It's not a Franchise. We are not ****ing coca cola or some ****. Like yourself, I have felt the loses and loved the few wins as well. I have been up since 9 supporting the club. I cannot wait until I go to Mile High, I'm planning it with a friend next year. I have to go.

GoBroncos DownUnder
05-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Welcome man!

When you go to Denver, plan a visit to Dove Valley on your first day there, talk to the nice ladies in the gift shop (play the tourist card) ... never know where it will get you. ;)

(I won't derail your thread with my exploits!)

Castle
05-10-2012, 06:16 PM
GoBroncos I have no idea what dove Valley means I'm guessing not good. lol

Mogulseeker
05-10-2012, 06:23 PM
Hi fellow fans,

Damn, I wish I could remember the name of the pub we were drinking at in Wembley. When I lived in the Netherlands, I rounded up all the Denver expats I could find and planned a trip there to watch the Broncos (lose) against the 49ers.

Anyway, we drank at a Wembley pub, not too far from the stadium. We were putting back Guinness and Jameson with one of the regulars there who works for Sky Sports, and knew quite a bit a bout the Broncos. Don't know if I'd call him a fan... but they were all about the Broncos there. He sat in the box with Dan Marino in that game... funny I can't remember the name of the pub, but I remember the name of the guy: Shamus O'Kelly.

Also, the best Fish n' Chips I've ever had was at this livingroom-esque hole-in-the wall, about 4 blocks from Trafalgar Square. They had a NICE home-brewed ale as well.

I'm pretty disappointed I can't remember the names of these places.

I do remember the two bars in Maastricht, The Netherlands, that carried NFL games: Shamrock and Highlander.

GoBroncos DownUnder
05-10-2012, 06:27 PM
GoBroncos I have no idea what dove Valley means I'm guessing not good. lol
Denver Broncos HQ/Training facility!
Dawkins visits Dove Valley (http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Dawkins-at-Dove-Valley/57c7f2bc-1a82-45cd-8037-1df62635996d)

Castle
05-10-2012, 06:36 PM
No offense, what kind of annoys me with some Americans is the fact they all think they are Irish, not knowing that the Scottish people (and I am one) of the declaration of independence for example 26 signatories (the majority) were Scots. Something like most american presidents were scots. As a scotsman it annoys me that Irish people have done a marketing job in history yet they ony turned up in 1885 or so. Type into wiki scottish inventions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries and type Irish ones. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_inventions No offense to the Irish but they invented **** all and made **** all yet got credit for it. If you know the history of america it was Scots who built it.

Castle
05-10-2012, 06:41 PM
GoBroncosdownunder thanks for the info. :)

Castle
05-10-2012, 06:44 PM
It's great hearing from Mightysmurf as well I lived in London for years. I never met any Borncos fans in London. I wish I did, you guys on here are the first I met. No-one ever wanted to support our great team.

Mogulseeker
05-10-2012, 07:09 PM
No offense, what kind of annoys me with some Americans is the fact they all think they are Irish, not knowing that the Scottish people (and I am one) of the declaration of independence for example 26 signatories (the majority) were Scots. Something like most american presidents were scots. As a scotsman it annoys me that Irish people have done a marketing job in history yet they ony turned up in 1885 or so. Type into wiki scottish inventions http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_inventions_and_discoveries and type Irish ones. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_inventions No offense to the Irish but they invented **** all and made **** all yet got credit for it. If you know the history of america it was Scots who built it.

I'm mostly Swedish.... some French and Scottish and (legit) Irish.

My friend at that Pub in Wembley... Shamus O'Kelly... Irish. Pretty sure. He talked like an Irishman and put back Guiness and Jameson and only Guiness and Jameson.

London is really an amazing, wold-class city. Hella expensive though. I paid 3 pounds (like 5 bucks) for some chapstick.

Say, you know of a Bed and Breakfast type just outside Wembley called Fox and Hound? I took one of my fellow female expats there and we had possibly the best Steak and Kidney Pie ever there.

myMind
05-10-2012, 07:16 PM
You can expect a pm from sirredneck asking for Ewan Mcgregor's phone number.

myMind
05-10-2012, 07:17 PM
double post

Castle
05-10-2012, 08:36 PM
Cheers for that
Not a fan of Ewan McGregor either even as a Scot I think he is shyte

BroncoBeavis
05-10-2012, 09:54 PM

I think your read of history is right, but most of the Irish immigration happened much later, and definitely left a mark on America in the late 1800s. Plus there's some confusion about the first wave of "Irish" immigrants before the revolution.

In America I think the Ulster Scots were considered Irish back in those days. I'm guessing Scots think of them as Scottish. Either way they were a big percentage of either Scotch or Irish immigrants (depending on what you want to call them) prior to the 1770s.

Castle
05-18-2012, 09:49 PM
BroncoBeAVIS you are right, however 26 signatories of the declaration of independance were Scots not Irish. the Irish only came in the 1880's yet every American thinks they are Irish, That's what annoys me.

Castle
05-18-2012, 09:50 PM
I've never lived in america but I feel close due to football and NFL

lonestar
05-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Wecome to the fray, do not let the maroons get you down..