PDA

View Full Version : General College Football Thread - 2012

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2012, 12:12 AM
Time to start the General College Football Thread - 2012.

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2012, 12:12 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7890488/clemson-tigers-sammy-watkins-faces-drug-related-charges

Clemson's Sammy Watkins arrested

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2012, 12:13 AM
Sammy Watkins is super talented....lets hope he doesn't screw it all up.

SouthStndJunkie
05-05-2012, 12:14 AM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-recruit-decommits-convicted-sex-offender-posted-photo-internet-junior-linebacker

Alex Anzalone decommits from Ohio State

Alex Anzalone of Wyomissing, Pa., decommitted from Ohio State's recruiting class Friday after a convicted sex offender posted a photo on the Internet of himself and the junior linebacker, taken during Anzalone's unofficial visit to the OSU campus last month.

Rocket 7
05-05-2012, 01:04 AM
If UNM matches their win total for the past three seasons I'll be happy. Three wins this year for the Lobos :strong:

ohiobronco2
05-05-2012, 07:33 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/7892108/ohio-state-recruit-decommits-convicted-sex-offender-posted-photo-internet-junior-linebacker

Alex Anzalone decommits from Ohio State

Alex Anzalone of Wyomissing, Pa., decommitted from Ohio State's recruiting class Friday after a convicted sex offender posted a photo on the Internet of himself and the junior linebacker, taken during Anzalone's unofficial visit to the OSU campus last month.

This is a fvcking joke. I'm so sick of the fvcking negative press I want to puke. How is this the university's fault? Grade A bullsh*t.

Doggcow
05-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I can't wait to see what Leach does with my Cougs. Hopefully I'll get out to 3 or 4 home games. I know I'll get at least 2 in though :)

StugotsIII
05-05-2012, 09:49 PM
This is a f***ing joke. I'm so sick of the f***ing negative press I want to puke. How is this the university's fault? Grade A bullsh*t.

Anzalone's dad is a Florida grad and wanted his son to go to the Gators…

He was actually a silent commit to the Gators before his trip to the Buckeyes. His daddy was just looking for an out after his son committed to the Buckeyes.

This creepy fan gave him that out...

SoCalBronco
05-05-2012, 10:35 PM
I can't wait to see what Leach does with my Cougs. Hopefully I'll get out to 3 or 4 home games. I know I'll get at least 2 in though :)

Tremendous hire for your program. They'll be bowling again soon.

ohiobronco2
05-05-2012, 11:10 PM
Anzalone's dad is a Florida grad and wanted his son to go to the Gators…

He was actually a silent commit to the Gators before his trip to the Buckeyes. His daddy was just looking for an out after his son committed to the Buckeyes.

This creepy fan gave him that out...

I've heard rumblings of this as well. It may or may not be the case. Listen, these kids are making (for many of them) their first adult decision of their adult lives. They have to do what is best for them and if they don't choose to go to OSU for whatever reason, that is their right. What pisses me off is this soon to follow media sh*t storm (a big fvck you to you ESPN) brought on by the kids father. He's an a**hole. This pervert approached these kids at a bar (away from OSU supervision on an UNOFFICIAL visit) and took a photo with them, how can the University police that?

ohiobronco2
05-05-2012, 11:12 PM

Indeed. Leach was screwed over by ESPN and I killed 5 hookers Craig James.

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I feel bad for the sex offender. Poor guy can't even try to get some autographs and support his team.

SouthStndJunkie
05-06-2012, 01:10 AM

Yep....I like Mike Leach and hope he turns Washington State around.

He's the kind of coach that can go to a program like that and have them winning more games than they lose.

Doggcow
05-06-2012, 07:57 AM

He's truly the perfect fit for us too. he should be big enough to get recruits out to Pullman too. which is important for us for sure

Doggcow
05-06-2012, 07:59 AM
Yep....I like Mike Leach and hope he turns Washington State around.

He's the kind of coach that can go to a program like that and have them winning more games than they lose.

Winning any games is nice lol last few years have been rough

Bmore Manning
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
Star Lotulelei NT (You heard his name here first)

I am saying his name now, he's a STUD. I want him as a Bronco next year to pair with Wolfe!

elsid13
05-06-2012, 08:15 AM
The PAC-12 is going to be exciting with the new coaches and the establish powers that are going seek to continue to dominate. I wonder how Stanford does now with Luck moving on.

elsid13
05-06-2012, 08:16 AM
Star Lotulelei NT (You heard his name here first)

I am saying his name now, he's a STUD. I want him as a Bronco next year to pair with Wolfe!

ESPN has him going 1st in next year draft. I don't think he going to hide under the radar much longer.

Bmore Manning
05-06-2012, 12:09 PM
ESPN has him going 1st in next year draft. I don't think he going to hide under the radar much longer.

I called him first round good when I thought he was coming out this past draft. So thanks for the ESPN update bro.

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 12:11 PM
Don't worry, I heard his name here first.

Doggcow
05-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Don't worry, I heard his name here first.

Fk guess I heard it here second

Lestat
05-06-2012, 02:19 PM
This is a f***ing joke. I'm so sick of the f***ing negative press I want to puke. How is this the university's fault? Grade A bullsh*t.

cause he's a booster. that's why.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 02:21 PM
i'm curious to see how the new defensive staff at Tennessee helps Dooley, how Rich Rod does at Arizona(it can't possible be worse than the Michigan debacle) and who comes out of nowhere to become a serious heisman contender like RGIII did.

StugotsIII
05-06-2012, 03:57 PM

LOL...

He's not a booster and has nothing to do with OSU other than being a creepy fan.

ohiobronco2
05-06-2012, 05:18 PM

OSU released a statement saying he isn't a booster. I'd like some proof from you backing up you statement. :)

Lestat
05-06-2012, 06:17 PM
OSU released a statement saying he isn't a booster. I'd like some proof from you backing up you statement. :)

being acknowledged by the school or contributing $$$ money isn't the only way a person is defined as a booster by the NCAA.
by contacting recruits who're not committed to the school and attempting to sway them to the school on social media is considered by the NCAA to be booster activities.

he hung out with the commits and recruits, allegedly bought some of them drinks and he's not even supposed to be talking to underaged youths via social media as part of his parole.

StugotsIII
05-06-2012, 07:09 PM
being acknowledged by the school or contributing $$$ money isn't the only way a person is defined as a booster by the NCAA.
by contacting recruits who're not committed to the school and attempting to sway them to the school on social media is considered by the NCAA to be booster activities.

he hung out with the commits and recruits, allegedly bought some of them drinks and he's not even supposed to be talking to underaged youths via social media as part of his parole.

Some real hard hitting stuff there…

The NCAA will do nothing about this…wanna make it interesting?

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 07:15 PM
It doesn't get much more interesting than friendly online wagers!

ohiobronco2
05-06-2012, 07:27 PM

Ok. Now I see what you're saying. If that is the case nothing will happen, impossible for NCAA to regulate that (these kids are probably begged by fans to attend their schools all the time) and I'm certain the university knew nothing of it ( a known sex offender buying these underage kids drinks). It's not a Nevin Shapiro incident in other words. I'd just like to get to watching football, tired of numbskull fans ruining the game for the rest of us.

ohiobronco2
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
It doesn't get much more interesting than friendly online wagers!

:giggle:Hilarious! Sh*t just got real.

TonyR
05-07-2012, 01:32 PM
If the vast majority of major college football programs made money, the argument to ban football might be a more precarious one. But too many of them don't—to the detriment of academic budgets at all too many schools. According to the NCAA, 43% of the 120 schools in the Football Bowl Subdivision lost money on their programs. ...

There are the medical dangers of football in general caused by head trauma over repetitive hits. There is the false concept of the football student-athlete that the NCAA endlessly tries to sell, when any major college player will tell you that the demands of the game, a year-round commitment, makes the student half of the equation secondary and superfluous. There are the scandals that have beset programs in the desperate pursuit of winning—the University of Southern California, Ohio State University, University of Miami and Penn State University among others.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304743704577382292376194220.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopNewsCollection

TheChamp24
05-08-2012, 12:11 PM
Oklahoma baby, excited again, but I don't have amazingly high expectations.
The offense i'm not worried about, hopefully the D holds together.

Be interesting to see if Landry Jones plays himself to a cement lock 1st round pick, or falls down in the draft.

SoCalBronco
05-15-2012, 07:43 PM
Recieved word that Miami expects to recieve the NOA in the next two weeks or so. There is wide disagreement as to the range of what to expect. One source indicated they heard about 12 scholarships and one additional bowl ban (I say additional because Miami already self-imposed one bowl ban for 2011) whereas one other report suggests its much more.

ohiobronco2
05-15-2012, 08:40 PM
Recieved word that Miami expects to recieve the NOA in the next two weeks or so. There is wide disagreement as to the range of what to expect. One source indicated they heard about 12 scholarships and one additional bowl ban (I say additional because Miami already self-imposed one bowl ban for 2011) whereas one other report suggests its much more.

Good Luck man. It's awful going through this sh*t as a fan. I wouldn't wish what we went through (OSU) as a fan base on Michigan. It could have been much worse for us. Sadly, those horrible things happened in Happy Valley and it took the spotlight off of us. If the NCAA pokes around, they will find something at every school.

oubronco
05-18-2012, 02:27 PM
The Big 12 and the Southeastern conferences have announced a deal that will pit their football regular-season champions against each other in a New Year's Day bowl game for five years beginning in 2014, positioning themselves for the expected switch to a four-team playoff.

In fact, SEC commissioner Mike Slive all but said that scenario is coming in Friday's announcement of the agreement between two of the most successful BCS conferences.

"A new January bowl tradition is born," Slive said in a statement. "This new game will provide a great matchup between the two most successful conferences in the BCS era and will complement the exciting postseason atmosphere created by the new four-team model.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7945482/big-12-sec-champions-play-new-year-bowl-game

oubronco
05-18-2012, 02:36 PM
Big 12 vs SEC to Open 2014 Season

West Virginia vs. Alabama in the Chik -Fil-A Kickoff Game @Georgia Dome in 2014

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...051712aaa.html (http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/051712aaa.html)

McD more rings than Elway
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
The Big 12 and the Southeastern conferences have announced a deal that will pit their football regular-season champions against each other in a New Year's Day bowl game for five years beginning in 2014, positioning themselves for the expected switch to a four-team playoff.

In fact, SEC commissioner Mike Slive all but said that scenario is coming in Friday's announcement of the agreement between two of the most successful BCS conferences.

"A new January bowl tradition is born," Slive said in a statement. "This new game will provide a great matchup between the two most successful conferences in the BCS era and will complement the exciting postseason atmosphere created by the new four-team model.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/7945482/big-12-sec-champions-play-new-year-bowl-game

There goes the stability of the ACC. They're going to be the new Big East. What a shame.

SouthStndJunkie
05-21-2012, 03:55 PM
MORGANTOWN, W.Va. -- Former West Virginia football coach Bill Stewart died Monday of what athletic department officials said was an apparent heart attack.

A statement issued by spokesman Michael Fragale said Stewart's family notified the university on Monday. Fragale said Stewart was golfing at the time.

Stewart, 59, resigned last summer and was replaced by Dana Holgorsen the same night. Stewart had gone 28-12 in three seasons after taking over for Rich Rodriguez but failed to earn a Bowl Championship Series berth.

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2012, 04:34 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8219810/silas-redd-spurns-penn-state-nittany-lions-heading-usc-trojans

Silas Redd transferring to USC

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Former Penn State quarterback Rob Bolden has told LSU coaches he will report to the Tigers' practice Wednesday, the New Orleans Times-Picayune reported Tuesday, citing an anonymous source close to the situation

SouthStndJunkie
07-31-2012, 09:42 PM
I know former Penn State backup safety Tim Buckley also left the team and is headed to NC State.

Rock Chalk
08-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Oklahoma baby, excited again, but I don't have amazingly high expectations.
The offense i'm not worried about, hopefully the D holds together.

Be interesting to see if Landry Jones plays himself to a cement lock 1st round pick, or falls down in the draft.

Big 12 is going to be interesting.

OU and WVU are the top two teams. Texas is still looking for a QB but their defense is pretty salty. TCU should be competitive.

OSU and KSU are going to take a step back. OSU is starting a frosh QB and KSU surely wont get every bounce their way like last year.

Baylor is going to fall off the map without RGIII and ISU is certainly going to upset either WVU or OU because tahts what they do.

Tech is going to suck again.

And Kansas will suck again, but hopefully not nearly as bad as the last two years. Maybe this time we can get a first down against Texas.

For the first time in a long time I dont think the Big 12 has a national title contender from the start but I think the Big 12 is going to be a pretty fun league to watch this year.

brncs_fan
08-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Incumbent signal-caller Tommy Rees and linebacker Carlo Calabrese both have been suspended for the Irish's Sept. 1 opener against Navy in Dublin, Ireland, coach Brian Kelly announced Tuesday. Neither player will travel for the game.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8219755/notre-dame-fighting-irish-qb-tommy-rees-lb-carlo-calabre-suspended-season-opener

Rohirrim
08-01-2012, 09:50 AM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/story/_/id/8219810/silas-redd-spurns-penn-state-nittany-lions-heading-usc-trojans

Silas Redd transferring to USC

The Trojans are going to be a tough offense to stop.

SoCalBronco
08-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Hurricanes camp opened yesterday. Some thoughts on the team this year...

1. This is a talented but very young team. 50 of the 82-83 guys are freshman or sophomores. This last recruiting class looks like one of the very best in years but it will take a little while to gel. There are about a half dozen guys from that class that should be eventually in the NFL. Youth plus a difficult schedule means the record will be similar to last year.

2. Miami will be anchored defensively by true sophomores Anthony Chickillo (DE) and Denzel Perryman (MLB). I expect both to be All-ACC even though they are young players. DT depth is much better than recently, but there are massive question marks about the DE spot opposite Chickillo. If he goes down, it will be difficult to get pressure from the front four. SLB Ramon Buchanon is a solid player and is healthy after an ACL injury last year. The third LB spot is a question mark. The secondary will probably be lead by a true freshman this year...albeit a very special one. Expect Tracy Howard to start from Day One and enter the NFL after 3 years. Good run defender S Ray Ray Armstrong was dismissed from the team. Kacy Rodgers and Vaughn Telemaque will start at safety. This is not a great starting unit, but if true freshman Deon Bush develops quickly he could see playing time. Miami has alot of depth of CB, but it is all very young.

3. Miami's offense will revolve around its strong offensive line, featuring standouts Malcolm Bunche, Shane McDermott and Seantrel Henderson. The latter is expected to be a high NFL draft pick but has always been inconsistent and has work ethic issues. Freshman Ereck Flowers could see time. RB Mike James is the lead weapon here. He's a jackhammer, but lacked burst last year. We'll see if he has it this year. Miami's TE's are unproven. Miami lost top WRs Tommy Streeter and Travis Benjamin to the draft last year, but brought in a ton of highly regarded HS prospects and a stud JUCO transfer to compliment Rashawn Scott, Allen Hurns and Philip Dorsett. This group is young but has a ton of speed. True freshman RB Duke Johnson is the most celebrated RB prospect Miami has acquired in several years and has been compared to Clinton Portis for his speed, vision and shiftiness. He'll see the field early and often. QB Stephen Morris has a live arm arm and great mobility, but he is inconsistent as a decision maker. We'll see if another season with Jedd Fisch helps his development.

Schedule

At Boston College- W. Miami got pushed around by BC last year, physically. I doubt that happens again, with the emphasis on strength training this offseason, which has had great results so far in lifting and bench improvements. Miami has too much skill for BC, especially with the departure of Luke Kuechly to the NFL and one of their backs.

At Kansas StateL. Last year I underestimated the skill level and resiliency of Kansas State and Collin Klein. Klein showed a TON of a heart in KSU's 28-24 win at Miami and former Cane Arthur Brown had a great game as well for the Wildcats who went on to have a great season. Miami's very talented freshman and sophomores will learn a tough lesson in Manhattan.

Bethune-CookmanW. Cupcake opponent. Easy win.

At Georgia TechTossup.. Last year, defensive coordinator Mark D'Onofrio put together a masterful plan against Paul Johnson's vaunted option attack and Miami has very good speed in its front seven to stretch the option out, but the Jackets are very tough to beat in Atlanta. Game could go either way.

NC StateW. Miami should be able to put together a solid win at home against NC State.

*Notre Dame (*game played in Chicago)- LChicago is hardly a "neutral field" for a Notre Dame-Miami game, although the venue really doesnt matter. Notre Dame's depth and experience on defense will overwhelm Miami.

UNC- W. The Heels are beginning a period of decline and Miami will take them down at home. Giovanni Bernard will probably have a good game, though.

Florida StateL. The Noles are the best team on the schedule this year, even with star CB Greg Reid being recently kicked off their team. FSU is loaded defensively and should be ACC Champs. They have an outside chance to be in the national title game, although I have doubts about their coaching staff's work on game days. Miami outplayed them in a close loss in Tallahassee last year despite a huge talent disadvantage, which was a hopeful sign. However, this year's FSU team is even better and they will prevail in Miami.

Virginia Tech- Tossup. Miami played a great game in Blacksburg in last year's razor thin loss and having this game late in the season will help to get the true freshman studs some experience early on. This will be a tough test, but given that it is at home, it could go either way.

At VirginiaL. The Cavaliers return a strong team that did great work last year. Winning at Virginia will be too steep a climb to ask of Golden's young Hurricanes.

South FloridaW. This was a close game last year. I expect by this point in the season, Miami will be much better than early on due to the development of the freshman and sophomores. They should be able to hold off USF again, albeit not by alot.

At DukeW. Should be an easy win.

Cmac821
08-04-2012, 12:48 PM
Looking forward to another long season for the CSU Rams

NFLBRONCO
08-04-2012, 01:42 PM
Looking forward to another long season for the CSU Rams

I feel your pain same in Buff country

SoCalBronco
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
There is a rumor going around some message boards that former Ohio State coach Jim Tressel has passed away from a heart attack. I have not seen this at any reputable media site such as ESPN or AP or anything, but its been on a few boards.

Ohiobronco2, did you hear anything about this? I'm not a fan of sweater vest, but I hope this is a false rumor, nonetheless.

Garcia Bronco
08-24-2012, 06:53 AM
No one has dominated the cheating Canes in the modern era of college football like the Hokies.

Requiem
08-24-2012, 02:02 PM
Florida State is going to bury everyone in the ACC. BURY THEM. National Champs.

Tombstone RJ
08-24-2012, 02:14 PM
If the vast majority of major college football programs made money, the argument to ban football might be a more precarious one. But too many of them don't—to the detriment of academic budgets at all too many schools. According to the NCAA, 43% of the 120 schools in the Football Bowl Subdivision lost money on their programs. ...

There are the medical dangers of football in general caused by head trauma over repetitive hits. There is the false concept of the football student-athlete that the NCAA endlessly tries to sell, when any major college player will tell you that the demands of the game, a year-round commitment, makes the student half of the equation secondary and superfluous. There are the scandals that have beset programs in the desperate pursuit of winning—the University of Southern California, Ohio State University, University of Miami and Penn State University among others.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304743704577382292376194220.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_RIGHTTopNewsCollection

Gotta got with a big FU on this article. How many of the sports programs make money? That is, do any of the women's sports make any money for the school? At the very least I'm willing to bet that all the women's sports don't contribute anything to the bottom line of most universities.

Tombstone RJ
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
I'm betting that if the big universities only funded there men's programs like football and basketball, maybe hockey and baseball too, the schools would be making money. Cut out all the women's crap and the other sports that no one wants to watch and just concentrate on those men's sports that actually put people in the stands, yah, I'm willing to speculate that much of the spending by the athletic department could be greatly reduced.

But that's just common sense. Do we live in a country of common sense? Hell no, we gotta have women's gymnastics and field hockey and soccor and swimming and volley ball because well, gosh darnit, it's just fair, yah know? Forget that fact that no one cares about that stuff and the facilities cost money as do the coaches, administrative stuff and the scholarships, etc.

Bottom line, if these schools wanna pair down the money they spend on athletics start with the programs that habitually lose money or don't make any money for the school. Concentrate on spending money on the programs that do make money or potentially can make money (like women's basketball at the university of Tennessee for example?).

/end rant.

SouthStndJunkie
08-26-2012, 02:08 PM
Notre Dame has suspended running back Cierre Wood and defensive end Justin Utupo for the first two games of the season, the school announced Sunday.

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2012, 04:09 PM
http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8307102/ex-tennessee-volunteers-wr-darick-rogers-transfers-tennessee-tech-golden-eagles

Da'Rick Rogers joins Tenn. Tech

SouthStndJunkie
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM
COLUMBIA, Mo. -- Missouri tailback Henry Josey will not play this year after injuring his left knee in November against Texas.

maher_tyler
08-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Not sure what is worse..the guy going the wrong way or the guys from the other team trying to tackle him Hilarious!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/KmmnRS1tVrk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SouthStndJunkie
08-30-2012, 08:23 PM
South Carolina holds on to beat Vandy 17-13.

SouthStndJunkie
08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
#24 Boise State at #13 Michigan State will be a good game to watch Friday night.

houghtam
08-31-2012, 09:25 PM
That is all.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 10:58 AM
Notre Dame crushed Navy 50-10 in Ireland today.

Rock Chalk
09-01-2012, 11:03 AM
That is all.

It was a good game. Sparty is going to be tough in the Big 10, I got them as my sleeper pick to win the conference. As long as they finish better than Corn Aggy I will be happy.

Too many turnovers against Boise St though, but still, people keep knocking BSU but that's a well coached football team and even on the road that have proven to be a tough out for even high level football teams.

Im watching WVU vs Marshall right now. The Herd are outclassed but you can tell they aren't afraid. In-state rivalries, even OOC are always the funnest games.

brncs_fan
09-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Notre Dame crushed Navy 50-10 in Ireland today.

With half their team suspended by Kelly none-the-less

houghtam
09-01-2012, 11:13 AM
It was a good game. Sparty is going to be tough in the Big 10, I got them as my sleeper pick to win the conference. As long as they finish better than Corn Aggy I will be happy.

Too many turnovers against Boise St though, but still, people keep knocking BSU but that's a well coached football team and even on the road that have proven to be a tough out for even high level football teams.

Im watching WVU vs Marshall right now. The Herd are outclassed but you can tell they aren't afraid. In-state rivalries, even OOC are always the funnest games.

Maxwell is going to need to improve, and quickly. But honestly, he's the only weak point on a team that is otherwise very strong, and that was his first ever start. He'll improve. How much, that's the question.

Bell could win a Heisman if he keeps playing well. Gholston could be B1G POY if he doesn't go crazy like he did last night. Adams and Dennard are possibly the best CB tandem in the B1G. Bullough and the rest of the defense will be on of the best in football.

Its hard to argue against this team as B1G champions, but it's a long season.

houghtam
09-01-2012, 12:04 PM
Good god, why does EVERY team have to play that stupid White Stripes song? My stupid Spartans are guilty of it. Ohio State is guilty. Hell, Penn State plays it after every freaking first down.

Enough already. It's bad enough that it's a crap song from a crap band. But jeezus, does EVERY school need to play it? This isn't Louie Louie, folks. This isn't Born in the USA or Sweet Caroline. It's the White Stripes. The White. Stripes.

/endrant

DivineLegion
09-01-2012, 12:28 PM
David Amerson DB NC State

Way to come into the season prepared JA. Consensus top 15 pick in the up coming draft plays the worst football game of his carrier on national television, and does nothing but make excuses. Showed lack of discipline, play awareness, and focus in what could have been one of the most telling games of this young season. A round of applause for another assclown with an ego bigger than his skill set.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
Ohio University is beating Penn State.

Ohio University has a good team....they won the MAC last season and Frank Solich has built the program up there.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 01:12 PM
West Virginia is up 69-20 on Marshall early in the 4th quarter.

Dana Holgorsen's teams know how to roll up the points.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 01:14 PM
Go Canes....beat BC

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 01:17 PM
Ohio University goes up 24-14 late in the game.

bombay
09-01-2012, 01:22 PM
Penn St is going the way of SMU. See you in thirty years. Maybe.

DBroncos4life
09-01-2012, 01:31 PM
GBR!!!!!

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:04 PM
Catch the ****ing ball. **** all the receivers....****ing worthless

ohiobronco2
09-01-2012, 02:06 PM
http://gif.mocksession.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/DEVIN-SMITH-CATCH.gif

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:15 PM
Its about ****ing time.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:20 PM
Denzel Perryman pick six.......future Bronco MLB

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:28 PM
About 4 or 5 of the guys on defense are true freshman.......so naturally BC is moving the ball with ease.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:40 PM
The Duke is here!

The Duke is here!

Move over, John Elway. Duke Johnson is the REAL Duke! :sunshine:...j/k lol

TD! WHAT A ****ING STUD.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:41 PM
Sweet run by the true freshman.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 02:53 PM
No pass rush from any of hte other three linemen, so they can double team Chickillo. Get some pressure.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 03:05 PM
Miami 21 Boston College 20 Halftime.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 03:41 PM
This game is eerily reminiscent of the opener last year at Maryland.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 03:44 PM
Nebraska star running back Rex Burkhead left Saturday's game against Southern Miss with a knee injury and is not expected to return to the contest.

Nebraska officials have described the injury as a sprained MCL in his left knee.

Burkhead had three carries for 68 yards, including a 57-yard touchdown early in the game, before limping to the sidelines. The senior rushed for 1,357 yards and 15 touchdowns as a junior, and the school launched a Heisman Trophy campaign for him last month.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 03:45 PM
That sucks for Nebraska.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 03:46 PM
BOOM!

Bowling Green scores to tie the game up against Florida.

14-14 in the 3rd quarter.

The MAC is representing.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 03:52 PM
I've said this already, but its getting spooky just how much this is like Maryland last year. 24-23. It better not end like Maryland did.

Wasted chance in the RZ.

Requiem
09-01-2012, 03:55 PM
Murray State is going to feel like they were raped tonight.

GO NOLES.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 03:56 PM
Good job Brandon McGee.

Requiem
09-01-2012, 03:59 PM
Canes start the year 0-1. Not enough methlove for 'em.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Another MEGA Touchdown by Duke MF Johnson!!

DUKE IS A ****ING STUD! 56 yd TD.

125 YARDS ON 5 CARRIES, BITCHES!

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:02 PM
Top 3 NFL Draft pick in 3 years, baby.

125 yards on 5 carries for a true freshman, haha, thats just funny.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Now the D is feeling it. Smother them!

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:04 PM
3rd down...get a stop

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Nice job defense, I can feel it now.

Feed Duke again.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:05 PM
Come on offense....bury them.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Four fingers. Get it done.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:09 PM
Why are we ****ing around trying to be cute.

RELEASE THE DUKE!

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Wasted possession. That was huge. We could have put them away.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:12 PM
Miami recovers inside BC 10!

PUNCH IT IN. NO FG. PUNCH IT THE **** IN

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 04:13 PM
Florida is up 17-14....but Bowling Green's kicker has missed 2 easy FG attempts.

Kid A
09-01-2012, 04:14 PM
That sucks for Nebraska.

Pelini said at half that it wasn't too bad, just for the game. We'll see, hard to know until they look at it the day after. Crossing my fingers he's ready by conference play.

Taylor Martinez does look greatly improved in his passing mechanics. 25/32, 338 yds, 4 TD after three quarters. Hope he builds on this rest of the way.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:14 PM
Miami wastes another golden oppurtunity. 1st and goal from BC 7 and get only a FG.

Miami 34 BC 23. This game could have been over. Now we have to hold on....needlessly.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:20 PM
BC is killing themselves. Nice recovery Gunter. Now stop dicking around and run the ball with the Duke

DBroncos4life
09-01-2012, 04:21 PM
Pelini said at half that it wasn't too bad, just for the game. We'll see, hard to know until they look at it the day after. Crossing my fingers he's ready by conference play.

Taylor Martinez does look greatly improved in his passing mechanics. 25/32, 338 yds, 4 TD after three quarters. Hope he builds on this rest of the way.

Martinez learned a thing or two from the QB guru's.

LRtagger
09-01-2012, 04:23 PM
Duke is a ****ing stud. He needs to be a Bronco is 3 years.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:25 PM
TD Malcolm Lewis. Another true freshman!

That's probably the game. Canes 41 Golden Eagles 23.

That's the conditioning work the team did in the summer. They got stronger over the course of the game and wore them down.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Why they weren't giving the ball to Duke every time, I don't know, though. Duke is a MONSTER.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:26 PM
Duke is a ****ing stud. He needs to be a Bronco is 3 years.

That would be AMAZING.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 04:27 PM
Northern Iowa is giving Wisconsin all they can handle late in the 4th quarter.

Wisconsin 26

Northern Iowa 21

DBroncos4life
09-01-2012, 04:30 PM
T Magic is awesome.

AmericanBroncFan
09-01-2012, 04:32 PM
Martinez learned how to throw while Tebow (a pro) has not. Go Huskers, Go Jayhawks

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:36 PM
A little too much prevent. 41-30. Offense needs to kill some clock now.

Man-Goblin
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
A "surprise" call on fourth down? Really announcer guy? Let's just call it a stupid ass ****ing dip**** call. Holy ****ing ****.

NFLBRONCO
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
How bout the buffs ugly

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:39 PM
Run the ball 3 times with Duke.

Man-Goblin
09-01-2012, 04:41 PM
How bout the buffs ugly

Embarrassing.

Absolute embarrass.

As it should be any time you have a chance at losing to your little sister.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:45 PM
Awful calls by Jedd Fisch. You don't throw it twice like that when there are less than 5 mins left. You leave BC with 2 TO's.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:47 PM
So we're going to blow an 18 point 4th quarter lead?

Awesome.

Get it the **** TOGETHER

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:57 PM
Is there indisputable visual evidence though?

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 04:58 PM
I think the officials probably made the wrong call, but there isn't indisputable evidence to overturn it.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 05:00 PM
Ruling stands, as there isn't indisputable evidence. No TD for BC.

Now just run it 3 times and avoid a safety.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 05:03 PM
Botts takes the safety to waste time. 4 seconds left. 41-32.

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Miami 41 Boston College 32 Final.

Good road win in ACC play, even though it was scary at the end. Def. Line is a big problem. Good heart fighting back from being down 14-0. Impressive start for having 34 freshman and sophomores on the two-deep.

Player of the game has to be true freshman Duke Johnson. 135 yards and 2 TD's on just 7 carries. Stud!

joe9999
09-01-2012, 05:40 PM
Best team CSU has had in many years. They found a hell of a good coach.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Best team CSU has had in many years. They found a hell of a good coach.

I don't know how good the talent/team is but at least they look to be well coached.

bronco militia
09-01-2012, 05:48 PM
lmao...what a disaster for CU. the 2nd year coaching staff is on the hot seat

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 05:49 PM
Took USC all of 1 play to score.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 05:50 PM
lmao...what a disaster for CU. the 2nd year coaching staff is on the hot seat

I wasn't impressed with their coaching staff last year....CU looked unprepared and undisciplined most of the time.

AmericanBroncFan
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM
K-State has a good chance at upsetting the co-canes

bronco militia
09-01-2012, 05:52 PM
I wasn't impressed with their coaching staff last year....CU looked unprepared and undisciplined most of the time.

that's true...you can't blame that on Hawk's staff

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 06:01 PM
that's true...you can't blame that on Hawk's staff

Yep....Brady Hoke took over Rich Rod's undisciplined team and made them a disciplined team with the same players.

A good coaching staff can change those tendencies.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 06:07 PM
GO BLUE!

Kid A
09-01-2012, 06:08 PM
Gotta root for conference on this one. Plus **** Nick Saban.

Lycan
09-01-2012, 06:12 PM
Gotta root for conference on this one. Plus **** Nick Saban.

This.

I'm an SEC guy but seriously, Nick Saban is one of the biggest douche bags in sports.

**** that guy.

bronco militia
09-01-2012, 06:16 PM
go blue!

SoCalBronco
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
K-State has a good chance at upsetting the co-canes

It wouldn't be an upset, considering where KSU left off last year. The two teams played a great game last year at Miami and I was impressed with Collin Klein's heart. Miami's defense is too young and it will be a very tough assignment to win in Manhattan. I expect to lose the game, but we'll show some flashes.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Holy crap, is Rich Rod back? This team is looking like crap so far.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 06:53 PM
WTF? I coulda swore celebrating that I'd never have to seen Robinson again. Did he not go pro?

maher_tyler
09-01-2012, 06:54 PM
Holy crap, is Rich Rod back? This team is looking like crap so far.

They are playing the defending national champs...this was to be expected as far i'm concerned. Robinson doesn't seem to have done anything to improve his passing skills.

Martinez from Nebraska on the other hand seems to have improved his passing skills dramatically. They are also extremely deep at the RB position. If they can shore up that defense, they could be the team to beat. We'll see.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:03 PM
They are playing the defending national champs...this was to be expected as far i'm concerned. Robinson doesn't seem to have done anything to improve his passing skills.

Martinez from Nebraska on the other hand seems to have improved his passing skills dramatically. They are also extremely deep at the RB position. If they can shore up that defense, they could be the team to beat. We'll see.

Michigan was looking respectable last season. At this rate, they'd be struggling against Appalacian State again. I don't know how to spell Appalac... Whatever.

Robinson has always been garbage and I recall thinking he was gone. This is like that dream where you dream your wife left you for the loser but then you married a stinking rich playboy playmate. Then, you wake up, and you're still married to a 350 lb sweater with a mustache. My dreams are crushed, my hopes ruined, and I'm forever stuck with a loser.

Kid A
09-01-2012, 07:13 PM

If Burkhead bounces back in the next couple week, have to feel good about Husker offense. Defense though...I think they'll be a notch or two better than last year on the whole (particularly the secondary), but they also lack a true playmaker like Lavonte David was last year. Teams will be able to run on them (a scary prospect after watching Mich St and Bell last night). Martinez will need to keep up the improvement to keep them competitive n potential shootouts with Michigan, Ohio St, etc.

Robinson is still going to be an explosive player. Alabama is just loaded on defense every year.

bronco militia
09-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Michigan was looking respectable last season. At this rate, they'd be struggling against Appalacian State again. I don't know how to spell Appalac... Whatever.

Robinson has always been garbage and I recall thinking he was gone. This is like that dream where you dream your wife left you for the loser but then you married a stinking rich playboy playmate. Then, you wake up, and you're still married to a 350 lb sweater with a mustache. My dreams are crushed, my hopes ruined, and I'm forever stuck with a loser.

Lmao!!!....this must be what's like to be a chiefs fan

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:16 PM

And then I cry when I realize I'd rather have Matt Cassell than Robinson.

Kid A
09-01-2012, 07:17 PM

Oh, come off the ledge. Hoke went 11-2 first season and a BCS win–more than any other team in Big Ten can claim last year. A week 1 ass kicking by the defending champs doesn't do anything but end your National Title hopes. Big Ten is well within their reach again, with everybody looking vulnerable.

GreatBronco16
09-01-2012, 07:17 PM
This.

I'm an SEC guy but seriously, Nick Saban is one of the biggest douche bags in sports.

**** that guy.

LOL, haters.

RTR!!!!!

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:19 PM
Oh, come off the ledge. Hoke went 11-2 first season and a BCS win–more than any other team in Big Ten can claim last year. A week 1 ass kicking by the defending champs doesn't do anything but end your National Title hopes. Big Ten is well within their reach again, with everybody looking vulnerable.

Are you watching? This isn't like Not-quite-successful football. This is like blind-humping-your-nightstand-and-hoping-for-children bad. The Michigan OL should at least try the "Can ya tell me what I had for breakfast" move and see if it'll help.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:20 PM
LOL, haters.

RTR!!!!!

I hope your coach is caught mid-buttsex with Petino one day. I just want Petino to be receiving as I hate him more.

Kid A
09-01-2012, 07:22 PM
Are you watching? This isn't like Not-quite-successful football. This is like blind-humping-your-nightstand-and-hoping-for-children bad. The Michigan OL should at least try the "Can ya tell me what I had for breakfast" move and see if it'll help.

Painful as it is, the top SEC west teams are just way ahead of the rest of the country talent wise right now. Maybe you're right and Michigan will take a step backward this season. But I never read too much into a week 1 performance, good or bad. Michigan will be right in the thick of it during conference play.

GreatBronco16
09-01-2012, 07:22 PM
I hope your coach is caught mid-buttsex with Petino one day. I just want Petino to be receiving as I hate him more.

Hilarious! Even I can laugh at that one. Good one.

If it means anything, I hated him when he was with LSU.

oubronco
09-01-2012, 07:23 PM
This game sucks I was hoping for a competitive game

RhymesayersDU
09-01-2012, 07:28 PM
LOL non-SEC teams LOL

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Did he just let that ball go from the 20?

Put in me coach, PLEASE!

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:30 PM
Please start posting some badass Michigan GPAs. I want to at least be able to revert to the "at least our players can read" defense.

TheChamp24
09-01-2012, 07:32 PM
Michigan is completely overrated. Take Robinson running away and they are helpless.

I find it funny everybody anointing Taylor Martinez after beating up on the vaunted defense of Southern Miss.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Doubleyou... Tee... Eff...

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Michigan is completely overrated. Take Robinson running away and they are helpless.

I find it funny everybody anointing Taylor Martinez after beating up on the vaunted defense of Southern Miss.

Have you seen that MOFO throwing the ball? You'd have more accuracy out of a trebuchet.

broncocalijohn
09-01-2012, 07:36 PM

No, what it is like to be married to one!

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:38 PM
Now Robinson needs to retire on a high note.

Literally. Right now.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:40 PM
Booya. Now attempt a 25 point conversion and we're back in this!

DivineLegion
09-01-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm feeling much better about Nebraska winning the big 10.

elsid13
09-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Big 10 is overrated

ohiobronco2
09-01-2012, 07:48 PM
Big 10 is overrated

Much like in the PAC-10 last year, the best team will not even be able to play in the championship game.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2012, 07:50 PM
did anyone really think Michigan had a chance against 'Bama?

go_broncos
09-01-2012, 07:55 PM
I don't understand how anyone can take bill belichick assistants as head coach.
Penn State is going to suck..

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 07:57 PM
did anyone really think Michigan had a chance against 'Bama?

Had a chance? Probably not

Could manage to be competitive? Yeah.

I'd be ok with 27-10 with some ball movement. This is 31-7 with 29:30 of spanking Michigan's ass and one lucky Michigan play.

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2012, 08:00 PM
Razorbacks have their backup QB Brandon Allen in the game now...

Tombstone RJ
09-01-2012, 08:01 PM
Had a chance? Probably not

Could manage to be competitive? Yeah.

I'd be ok with 27-10 with some ball movement. This is 31-7 with 29:30 of spanking Michigan's ass and one lucky Michigan play.

Where is this new coach from?

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 08:10 PM
Where is this new coach from?

Most recently Ball State then SDSU. He was at Michigan as a position coach for a while so he was a hometown guy sort when he came in as coach.

I still have faith in him. It's just that POS QB he's fielding that I hate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brady_Hoke If you wanna read up.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 08:13 PM
Meh... he missed a screen pass.

Lot's of junior high QBs miss those kinda throws.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Holy ****!

Alabama must've had 15 guys on the field to have that many free to bust that option. That was insane.

houghtam
09-01-2012, 08:27 PM
Much like in the PAC-10 last year, the best team will not even be able to play in the championship game.

LOL

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 09:52 PM
Get off the ledge....Michigan Football will be fine.

They simply don't have as much talent as Bama does right now.

Michigan have a Top 5 class coming in.

Give Hoke a few Top 5 recruiting classes to restock the team's talent level and they'll be kicking some ass.

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 10:03 PM
Toledo is beating Arizona 14-10 in the 2nd quarter.

ohiobronco2
09-01-2012, 10:14 PM
LOL

:strong: You'll find out soon enough. Bell won't be getting 40 carries in that game. All in all the conference looked awful. Wisconsin, terrible. Nebraska, underwhelming. Michigan St., should have beat Boise St. by much more. Michigan.....Not Good. We have a long way to go.

ohiobronco2
09-01-2012, 10:16 PM

Give Hoke a few Top 5 recruiting classes to restock the team's talent level and they'll be kicking some ass.

Michigan will definitely get better. That Saban guy has been able to pull in great class after great class. Michigan never had a chance in this game, with last years O and D lines they would have had their hands full, let alone with this depleted line. Once the Denard experiment is over and the Pro Style O is implemented, they'll be better. But you better hope Morris pans out, because St. Ignatius just tore him to pieces tonight. He's looked great in camps, not in games.

That One Guy
09-01-2012, 10:18 PM

Umm.. give me a few top 5 recruiting classes and I could probably win some games. Half their schedule is usually against teams with nowhere near the talent level they field.

Luckily Alabama took the foot off the pedal or it could've been a 60-14 kind of game. I'll give Hoke a chance I never gave Rich Rod but.. FFS.. at least make the f'ing games competitive.

I understand college coaches can win or lose a championship based on their recruiting classes but the guy's gotta be able to do something even when his team is outgunned. Tonight's scheme was "throw it up, see what happens". That's the kind of gameplan even these illiterate ass players could come up with - not the kind of gameplan we expect from the coach of the f'ing University of Michigan.

BroncoLifer
09-01-2012, 10:21 PM
De'Anthony Thomas to the Broncos, please!

gunns
09-01-2012, 10:27 PM

30-6. Are you kidding me, against BYU? Even allowed the 3rd string QB Hill to get a TD. Unbelievable. I expected a lot more out of WSU.

swaiy
09-01-2012, 10:53 PM

They should make a new position for that guy. He's guaranteed points on legs lol

That freshman QB they have looks like he might make them pretty dangerous

Jekyll15Hyde
09-01-2012, 10:58 PM
Luckily Alabama took the foot off the pedal or it could've been a 60-14 kind of game.

I wish they had... Would have made my day. But this was lots of fun.

#8 my ass! Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!

SouthStndJunkie
09-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Umm.. give me a few top 5 recruiting classes and I could probably win some games. Half their schedule is usually against teams with nowhere near the talent level they field.

Luckily Alabama took the foot off the pedal or it could've been a 60-14 kind of game. I'll give Hoke a chance I never gave Rich Rod but.. FFS.. at least make the f'ing games competitive.

I understand college coaches can win or lose a championship based on their recruiting classes but the guy's gotta be able to do something even when his team is outgunned. Tonight's scheme was "throw it up, see what happens". That's the kind of gameplan even these illiterate ass players could come up with - not the kind of gameplan we expect from the coach of the f'ing University of Michigan.

Alabama has talent upon talent....Michigan needs a talent infusion for a few years before they can hang with the real big boys.

Michigan went 11-2 last year and will win a lot of games this season....but they don't have the talent to beat teams like Alabama right now.

I like the direction the team is heading....they will be fine.

swaiy
09-01-2012, 11:05 PM
Oklahoma State looked like they were going to score 100

Natedog24
09-01-2012, 11:35 PM

Yes please :)

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 12:10 AM
Toledo and Arizona going to OT.

17-17 at the end of regulation.

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Arizona prevails

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 12:40 AM
Michigan got crushed.

Toledo lost a close game in OT to Arizona.

At least the Tigers beat the White Sox again.

GreatBronco16
09-02-2012, 07:14 AM

No kidding. That was a joke of a ball game. 9 total rushing TDs for Ok St. Crazy.

That One Guy
09-02-2012, 09:33 AM
And today is a game I can actually be exited about.

Louisville gets to lay the beatdown on UK. I love the direction Strong is taking that team.

Oh how I miss Louisville.

Requiem
09-02-2012, 11:24 AM
One of the only reasons I read this thread is to see SoCal.

ohiobronco2
09-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Michigan got crushed.

Toledo lost a close game in OT to Arizona.

At least the Tigers beat the White Sox again.

There is no shame in that. Alabama is ridiculous. Michigan just does not have the depth in their lines to compete at this time with a team like Bama. In a couple of years they will have the horses. Alabama has all the advantages that being in the SEC brings when it comes to scholarship counts and proximity to top notch talent. I do think that Hoke pretty much conceded this game from the start though. He tried to make Denard into a pocket passer, because he knew he couldn't win this game, so he asked him to do something he really isn't adept at in order to protect him for later on in the year. Michigan's goal is to win the Big Ten, not a NC right now.

canadianbroncosfan
09-02-2012, 05:41 PM

I don't know if I've ever even seen 84 pts before.

So they were ranked 19 this week, by BCS standards they'll be 20 or 21 next week

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 06:39 PM
There is no shame in that. Alabama is ridiculous. Michigan just does not have the depth in their lines to compete at this time with a team like Bama. In a couple of years they will have the horses. Alabama has all the advantages that being in the SEC brings when it comes to scholarship counts and proximity to top notch talent. I do think that Hoke pretty much conceded this game from the start though. He tried to make Denard into a pocket passer, because he knew he couldn't win this game, so he asked him to do something he really isn't adept at in order to protect him for later on in the year. Michigan's goal is to win the Big Ten, not a NC right now.

Yep....I'm not sweating it.

A lot of the players Rich Rodriguez recruited there for 3 years don't really match the type of player Brady Hoke, Al Borges, and Greg Mattison are looking for.

Last year's 11-2 record may have give some people unrealistic expectations.

They need a few very good recruiting classes to restock the cupboards and bring in the type of players and talent they need.

They have a QB coming in next year in Shane Morris that should be a blue chip stud and a lot more of the type of passing QB that Al Borges is looking for to run his offense.

Michigan is a program that is building something good....and it will probably take a few years before they can hang with powerhouses like Alabama.

TheChamp24
09-02-2012, 07:46 PM
Michigan is like an 8-4 team who relies on an offense with a QB who can't throw.

They are ranked #8 which is a laugh.

And talking about the future in regards to recruiting is laughable to me. Garret Gilbert, John Brantly, top recruit guys who flattened out.
Sam Bradford, a 3 star recruit goes on to win the Heisman.

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 09:19 PM
So, I guess talking about the potential of recruits in a college football thread is not a good idea.

Got it.

May as well not talk about the NFL Draft either according to that logic.

Hell, nobody offer up any opinions about anything and we'll have a heck of a board.

TheChamp24
09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
So, I guess talking about the potential of recruits in a college football thread is not a good idea.

Got it.

May as well not talk about the NFL Draft either according to that logic.

Hell, nobody offer up any opinions about anything and we'll have a heck of a board.

Sigh...
You mad bro?

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Sigh...
You mad bro?

Not at all.

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Michigan is like an 8-4 team who relies on an offense with a QB who can't throw.

They are ranked #8 which is a laugh.

And talking about the future in regards to recruiting is laughable to me. Garret Gilbert, John Brantly, top recruit guys who flattened out.
Sam Bradford, a 3 star recruit goes on to win the Heisman.

I'm not sure how that loss to the #2 team (IMO, in reality the No. 1 team) makes Michigan's rank at 8 "a laugh"? Alabama could just be that much better than everyone else.

swaiy
09-02-2012, 10:02 PM
I'm not sure why anybody expected Michigan to have a chance lol.

Bama looked good (yuck). I would like to see them play a more difficult team before I can accurately judge them. Their team did look pretty disciplined and fast though.

I pray someone beats them and they don't win the championship again. Living in Alabama is already terrible but to see roll tide everywhere makes me sick to my stomach.

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 10:05 PM
I'm not sure why anybody expected Michigan to have a chance lol.

Bama looked good (yuck). I would like to see them play a more difficult team before I can accurately judge them. Their team did look pretty disciplined and fast though.

I pray someone beats them and they don't win the championship again. Living in Alabama is already terrible but to see roll tide everywhere makes me sick to my stomach.

Auburn fan?

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 10:12 PM
Hey Crushaholic,

Any chance Collin Klein gets a severe case of the flu this week? I still have nightmares of him running for first downs last year............on 3rd and 21.

I think it will be very hard for Miami to win in Manhattan. It's hard to win period when you have 34 true freshman or true sophomores on the 2-deep. Duke Johnson will need to go for 150+ rushing yards in this game and he could easily do so. Problem is, I think the defense will get gashed, especially if Curtis Porter isn't back yet from his appendectomy.

swaiy
09-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Auburn fan?

Something like that lol. I'm not really a fan of either but I really hate Alabama's fans. Ugh.

I'm a fan of whatever team is playing against Bama.

I pretty much watch college football just to follow the players to the NFL but I've never been a fan of a specific team.

SouthStndJunkie
09-02-2012, 10:19 PM
In my opinion, Michigan will probably end up ranked anywhere from 15th to 20th when it's all said and done this season.

SoCalBronco
09-02-2012, 11:06 PM
We're not going to win, but I'm excited to see what the Duke can do to Kansas State's defense this week.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/466iWlwcIDA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

oubronco
09-03-2012, 02:51 PM
Didn't know where else to put this

Game Night at $60M High School Stadium - ABC News US (http://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-high-school-football-team-plays-game-60/story?id=17134822&partner=skygrid)

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2012, 06:44 PM
Georgia Tech at #16 Virginia Tech on ESPN right now.

Lycan
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Georgia Tech at #16 Virginia Tech on ESPN right now.

Good game so far, but I expect Va Tech will run away with it eventually.

I hope not though, I'm already tired of all the damn blowouts. The first week of college football is the worst week of football ever.

So many teams schedule cupcakes, which I understand, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Fight_On!
09-03-2012, 07:06 PM
USC O looked very good, but the D needs to tighten up before they meet Oregon. Oregon looks real tough.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Vag Tech and the Fighting Paul Johnsons are tied at 7 at the half.

swaiy
09-03-2012, 07:29 PM
I think I may tune into this game. I want to see who the next Georgia Tech receiver to be drafted will be lol

Br0nc0Buster
09-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Lol at Virginia Tech

Might lose the home opener to unranked GT

Lycan
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
Yeah, I severely over-estimated Va Tech's offense. Or underestimated Georgia Tech's defense.

Either way still a good game.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Vag Tech and Georgia Tech going to OT. I'm not impressed with the Vags this year, even though they will probably pull this game out in OT. They're headed for a beatdown in SunLife in November.

swaiy
09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Perhaps I've just never watched GT enough to notice but their uniforms look different from what I remember.

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Free football!

SouthStndJunkie
09-03-2012, 09:17 PM
Go Georgia Tech!

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 09:20 PM
GT literally threw away the game.

Lycan
Oh WTF was that Georgia Tech's QB?

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. You just gave them the game.

swaiy
Ouch. That hurts.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Vag Tech wins. You can take Garcia off of suicide watch now.

swaiy
09-03-2012, 09:23 PM
They should just kick the field goal and get it over with.

SoCalBronco
09-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Vag Tech 20 Georgia Tech 17 Final (OT)

Garcia Bronco
09-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Georgia Tech has the best Service Academy Offense in FBS.

Requiem
09-05-2012, 01:19 PM
Colorado State. . . we are coming for you.

http://russelljohnson.areavoices.com/files/2012/02/newbisonlogo.jpg

http://www.astroturfusa.com/Images/News/NDSU2011Champions.png

SoCalBronco
09-06-2012, 12:08 AM
SoCal's Picks for games involving Top 25 teams

#1 Alabama 56, Western Kentucky 3
# 2 USC 52, Syracuse 24
# 3 LSU 38, Washington 21
# 4 Oregon 55, Fresno State 23
# 5 Oklahoma 49, Florida A&M 7
# 6 Florida State 62, Savannah State 0
Missouri 30, # 7 Georgia 27
#8 Arkansas 48, La.Monroe 17
#9 South Carolina 27, ECU 10
# 11 Michigan State 36, Central Michigan 3
# 12 Clemson 52, Ball State 14
# 13 Wisconsin 34, Oregon State 20
# 14 Ohio State 33, Central Florida 21
# 15 Virginia Tech 45, Austin Peay 0
# 16 Nebraska 27, UCLA 23
# 17 Texas 30, New Mexico 16
# 18 Oklahoma State 41, Arizona 24
# 19 Michigan 34, Air Force 14
# 20 TCU 52, Grambling St. 6
# 21 Kansas State 34, Miami (Fla.) 26
# 22 Notre Dame 42, Purdue 17
# 23 Louisville 44, Missouri State 10
Texas A&M 26, # 24 Florida 14
# 25 Stanford 24, Duke 21

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2012, 06:43 AM
look at all the tune-up games.

BroncoInferno
09-06-2012, 08:45 AM
look at all the tune-up games.

Yeah, typical early season stuff. It's been refreshing the last three years to have Clemson open the season with Auburn rather than the usual fluff. Of course, we just reshuffled the fluff to games #2 and #3. Ball State and Furman the next two weeks ZZZ... Then we get the (once again) massively overrated Florida State.

Requiem
09-06-2012, 09:00 AM
How is Florida State massively overrated? They have one of the best, if not the best defenses in the country, top recruiting classes under Fischer the past few years and a lot of weapons on offense. Jenkins is done for the year on defense, which sucks, but we have a ton of depth there anyways.

If not for Manuel's injury, beating Oklahoma, Clemson and Wake Forest were probably real possibilities. His shoulder was still bothering him those games, but the defense did end up tanking. That Virginia loss sucked. The team was incredibly young last year. The schedule is a whole lot easier this year.

Clemson and VT will probably be the toughest games of the year.

TheChamp24
09-06-2012, 11:32 AM
How is Florida State massively overrated? They have one of the best, if not the best defenses in the country, top recruiting classes under Fischer the past few years and a lot of weapons on offense. Jenkins is done for the year on defense, which sucks, but we have a ton of depth there anyways.

If not for Manuel's injury, beating Oklahoma, Clemson and Wake Forest were probably real possibilities. His shoulder was still bothering him those games, but the defense did end up tanking. That Virginia loss sucked. The team was incredibly young last year. The schedule is a whole lot easier this year.

Every year "FSU is back and will challenge for a top 5 ranking!" and ends up fluttering about.
Preseason last year they were #6, final rankings #23 and 9-4.
This year, low and behold, #6 again and EJ Manuel has proven to be nothing special at QB.

houghtam
09-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Every year "FSU is back and will challenge for a top 5 ranking!" and ends up fluttering about.
This year, low and behold, #6 again and EJ Manuel has proven to be nothing special at QB.

FSU and Notre Dame. NCAA Preseason darlings every year. Mediocre disappointments and mere shadows of their once-famous programs in January.

BroncoInferno
09-06-2012, 12:19 PM

This. They've been rated highly in the preseason polls since Jimbo Fisher took over to no avail. I'll believe the resurgence when I see it. I think they'll have a solid team, top 25, but top 10? No buying it, especially not with a medicore starting QB.

Garcia Bronco
09-06-2012, 02:02 PM
Yeah, typical early season stuff. It's been refreshing the last three years to have Clemson open the season with Auburn rather than the usual fluff. Of course, we just reshuffled the fluff to games #2 and #3. Ball State and Furman the next two weeks ZZZ... Then we get the (once again) massively overrated Florida State.

I agree that they are overrated and I expect Clemson to beat them. None of the ACC Florida Schools has a quarterback.

SoCalBronco
09-06-2012, 11:39 PM
I agree that they are overrated and I expect Clemson to beat them. None of the ACC Florida Schools has a quarterback.

Morris is a good QB. He has an NFL arm and NFL wheels as well. He just needs polish and he's getting there.

BroncoInferno
09-07-2012, 06:57 AM
Morris is a good QB. He has an NFL arm and NFL wheels as well. He just needs polish and he's getting there.

Morris has potential, but is only decent right now. Unless FSU's defense is on an Alabama or LSU level (their D is good, no doubt, but not on that level), a guy like Morris isn't good enough for them to be any thing better than a solid top 25 type of team. Top 7? Please.

Requiem
09-07-2012, 07:07 AM
Morris has potential, but is only decent right now. Unless FSU's defense is on an Alabama or LSU level (their D is good, no doubt, but not on that level), a guy like Morris isn't good enough for them to be any thing better than a solid top 25 type of team. Top 7? Please.

Uh? Stephen Morris is the QB of the Miami Hurricanes. E.J. Manuel is QB of Florida State.

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 07:28 AM

That's what I am talking about. They need polish and work and we'll see what they do. Same thing really for Logan Thomas. I see flashes, but no real maturation at the position.

BroncoInferno
09-07-2012, 07:32 AM
Uh? Stephen Morris is the QB of the Miami Hurricanes. E.J. Manuel is QB of Florida State.

Manuel, sorry. I'm bad with names. In any case, he's not that impressive. At least not so far. He's had some injury issues, as you mentioned, so maybe he will step it up this year.

Garcia Bronco
09-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Who is the best QB in THE ACC? Is there one?

Requiem
09-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Manuel, sorry. I'm bad with names. In any case, he's not that impressive. At least not so far. He's had some injury issues, as you mentioned, so maybe he will step it up this year.

E.J. Manuel can look unstoppable somedays, but like dogcrap other days. He is such a polarizing player. He has a good delivery, great arm strength and is pretty accurate with his intermediate and short routes. His deep ball is average at best, has poor footwork, fumbles like crazy. I think he had 18 TD's to 8 INT's last year, but also turned it over 7 times from the oopsies.

Could be Dante Culpepper back from the dead.

BroncoInferno
09-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Tahj Boyd, hands down.

Rock Chalk
09-07-2012, 04:59 PM

FSU always has a top recruiting class.

And they always end up as a low ranked team.

Totally irrelevant in football.

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2012, 05:05 PM
I'm looking forward to Missouri's first game in the SEC.

#7 Georgia at Missouri.

Should be an interesting match up.

Go Tigers.

cmhargrove
09-07-2012, 05:19 PM
I'm looking forward to Missouri's first game in the SEC.

#7 Georgia at Missouri.

Should be an interesting match up.

Go Tigers.

Ahhhh, Missouri is ok, but you should be following Missouri S&T. They defeated Arkansas Tech last night to keep their win streak going (2-0 to start the season). Them "engineer boys" can play some football!

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2012, 05:26 PM
I root for Gary Pinkel to do well, as he was the head coach of my Toledo Rockets from 1991 to 2000.

The coach before him was none other than Nick Saban, who coached at Toledo in 1990 for one season, before leaving to be defensive coordinator for the Cleveland Browns.

Requiem
09-07-2012, 05:37 PM
FSU always has a top recruiting class.

And they always end up as a low ranked team.

Totally irrelevant in football.

Much like Kansas, in almost any sport. (Irrelevant)

Lestat
09-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Tajh Boyd(Clemson),Logan Thomas(Va Tech),Mike Glennon(NC State) are the most legit QB's in the ACC. Manuel is mostly just hope, though Thomas is at times the same way.

Requiem
09-07-2012, 07:48 PM
I would have said Glennon until he played like dog**** against the Vols.

Lestat
09-07-2012, 08:08 PM
I would have said Glennon until he played like dog**** against the Vols.

the Vols are going to be better than people think.
people think Dooley is a horrible coach but that program was just that ****ty when he took it over, Lane Kiffin got them some more talent when he was there but a lot of it had to be run off by Dooley because they were morons and criminals.

his new DC is definitely an upgrade over the previous defensive staff though.

SoCalBronco
09-07-2012, 09:01 PM
DT Luther Robinson is not making the trip to KSU for tomorrows game. His dad went off on the staff cause he was upset Luther didn't get more PT at BC and the kid got wrapped up in it too and somehow decided to refuse to practice so Golden told him to F off....at least for tomorrows game. Get rid of him. This isn't little league. Unfortunately we already had an awful DT group to begin with...this makes it worse.

Our defense is going to get completely raped in this game. We will need another 40 point effort to win.

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2012, 09:28 PM
ANN ARBOR, Mich. -- Michigan running back Fitzgerald Toussaint has reclaimed his starting job.

Toussaint, who gained 1,041 yards as a redshirt sophomore last season, was suspended for the Wolverines' season-opening 41-14 loss to No. 2 Alabama last Saturday. Although he was reinstated earlier this week, it was still in question whether or not he'd be starting Saturday.

SouthStndJunkie
09-07-2012, 10:03 PM
Utah State beat Utah 27-20 in OT.

Garcia Bronco
09-08-2012, 08:35 AM
I would say Boyd as well.