http://i1198.photobucket.com/albums/aa444/Paxil_Rose/wolfe.png

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/19062284

doonwise
05-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Seems rampant with speculation.

Bronco Rob
05-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Seems rampant with speculation.

The guy that wrote this comes off as a pure whack job...

KipCorrington25
05-04-2012, 11:07 PM
The moves seemed ill advised from an outside perspective but we'll see how things work out. However, next year when people are clamoring to move back, like they always do, keep in mind how frustrating and disappointing that can be.

OBF1
05-04-2012, 11:09 PM
yaaaawn

Swedish Extrovert
05-04-2012, 11:14 PM

Then why did you post it to the forum?

Archer81
05-04-2012, 11:17 PM
You know...I really doubt Denver would have traded #31 without asking Tampa who is the guy you want?

:Broncos:

SoCalBronco
05-04-2012, 11:31 PM
Interesting piece. Full of conjecture, but interesting nonetheless.

Bronco Rob
05-04-2012, 11:36 PM

Why not?

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 11:41 PM
Why not?
These claims have been talked about nonstop since the draft, and there hasn't been anything shown as proof for them.

I'm always a big fan of your fancy, formatted articles though.

Ziggy
05-04-2012, 11:53 PM
This is Dmac from 104.3 the fan. He's always been clueless. Considering the fact that he can't even get Phillip Blake's name right, I wouldn't believe a word of this. This is a guy who will say or do anything to get attention, including fabricating an entire story on a draft that he knows nothing about. Consider the source folks.

schaaf
05-04-2012, 11:56 PM
This is Dmac from 104.3 the fan. He's always been clueless. Considering the fact that he can't even get Phillip Blake's name right, I wouldn't believe a word of this. This is a guy who will say or do anything to get attention, including fabricating an entire story on a draft that he knows nothing about. Consider the source folks.

Yeah DMAC is a cool guy and all but he is retarded when it comes to the broncos and football

Swedish Extrovert
05-04-2012, 11:56 PM
These claims have been talked about nonstop since the draft, and there hasn't been anything shown as proof for them.

Hilarious!

But, they are, in fact, well-formatted on their original site.

I don't have a problem with BroncosRob per se, but all he really contributes to this forum is cutting and pasting articles from sites that the members frequent anyway.

I don't know. As a guy that used to make a living running a small-town newspaper, it kinda gets me peeved.

Swedish Extrovert
05-04-2012, 11:59 PM
When I've posted things on the forum that aren't of any real value, they are usually at least drunk threads at 3am explaining why I'm home alone because I was getting trashed with some sorority sluts and some frat dude cockblocked me. They usually provide fairly good entertainment for a number of people on the forum.

Actually I don't remember posting anything of the sort, but I'm constantly reminded about it, so it must be true.

SoCalBronco
05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
When I've posted things on the forum that aren't of any real value, they are usually at least drunk threads at 3am explaining why I'm home alone because I was getting trashed with some sorority sluts and some frat dude cockblocked me. They usually provide fairly good entertainment for a number of people on the forum.

LOL....good stuff, Smurf. Don't worry, the law of averages will work in your favor soon enough.

Agamemnon
05-05-2012, 12:06 AM
There should be a rule against posting MHR articles...

Aftermath
05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Lol OP believes the **** that comes out of that tool's mouth. That dude is so clueless, it seriously boggles my mind how he got a sports media job. I can't stand how arrogant him and his other awful host really are. This "story" is only for publicity to their website(which seems to have worked).

broncocalijohn
05-05-2012, 12:28 AM

Sounds like sour grapes to me. Here is just one where he tries to rationalize why it WASNT a good pick...

"Instead, your second defensive lineman was fifth-round selection Malik Jackson. He’s from Tennessee, the same place Ayers is from.

How’s that working out?"

So because Ayers is from Tennessee, any pick we choose from that school that is on the DL is considered a bust? Makes total sense. Only thing I agree but probably for different reasons is the Brock pick at #57. I Wanted an impact player now not in 3 years or so.
By any chance did Agamannon write this article?

schaaf
05-05-2012, 12:32 AM
I don't understand People's problem with Ayers. He was BY FAR our most consistent lineman. He doesn't register a lot of sacks but I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he was like 2nd in the nfl in QB pressures

Lycan
05-05-2012, 12:35 AM
Who's Phillip Baker?

Archer81
05-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Actually I don't remember posting anything of the sort, but I'm constantly reminded about it, so it must be true.

of course it's true. It's on the Mane.

eddie mac
05-05-2012, 02:16 AM

There's as much proof in this article as there is in Denver's supposed draft strategy or the one Elway told us about after it happened.Hilarious!

And just to make it clear, I think the article is full of **** much like John's official statements regarding his draft class.

gunns
05-05-2012, 04:54 AM
You know...I really doubt Denver would have traded #31 without asking Tampa who is the guy you want?

My first thought exactly.

Kaylore
05-05-2012, 04:57 AM
It's pretty common when you trade with someone to ask who they are taking. This is so the person trading up still gets their guy, and the person trading back isn't giving away theirs. So the idea that Tampa either lied or the Broncos didn't ask is pretty dumb.

RunSilentRunDeep
05-05-2012, 06:23 AM
Broncos targeted DeCastro at 25, whiffed on Martin with trade back from 31

The true meaning of the Osweiler pick is the extreme possibility that Manning simply isn’t MANNING.

http://www.milehighsports.com/?p=9939

Way to go Super Thread Starter!!! I'm sure the Avengers will be calling soon.

Your power to waste time while also confusing fact and opinion surely has a use somewhere in the universe.

CEH
05-05-2012, 06:23 AM
The true target has always been Osweiler.

As far as the first round goes, I think Castro was in a group above anyone else they had at #25 so if he fell they would have taken him.
They said the board was the same at #25 as #31 so they traded back again. My guess for the true #1 player at #31 that was not there at #36 was David Wilson. He is a 3 down back similiar in nature to Hillman add in the fact Alfred Williams locally was doing Denvers' bidding with Lammar Miller in the 1st a month before the draft. Denver was putting out smoke screens and said they planned not to invite a ton of players to Dove Valley to keep things more secretive

JMO

BroncoInferno
05-05-2012, 06:29 AM
It was well known that Tampa was eyeing Richardson at #5. I highly doubt EFX would trade with them without considering that they might take a RB, or that Martin might come off the board before #36.

Bronco Rob
05-05-2012, 06:47 AM

Hilarious!

I don't have a problem with BroncosRob per se, but all he really contributes to this forum is cutting and pasting articles from sites that the members frequent anyway.

Way to go Super Thread Starter!!! I'm sure the Avengers will be calling soon.

Your power to waste time while also confusing fact and opinion surely has a use somewhere in the universe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0OnpkDWbeJs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thumbs:

Bmore Manning
05-05-2012, 06:51 AM
It was well known that Tampa was eyeing Richardson at #5. I highly doubt EFX would trade with them without considering that they might take a RB, or that Martin might come off the board before #36.

This^

Adding Curry and Wolfe would have been great, but the FO obviously likes Ayers coming off his best season as a pro, and truly believe he will help the team, because they would have taken a guy earlier. And Jackson has scheme versatility, where someone like Cam Johnson who was still available was way more undersized to play UT, or strong side DE. Jackson is going to be a good player. I can't argue the idea of wanting impact players from round two, but Brock could be a Stud in five years, and his selection shouldn't take away from the other players drafted and already on the roster.This guy DMAC is a big ass baby.

rmsanger
05-05-2012, 06:53 AM
:cool story bro:

errand
05-05-2012, 07:12 AM

Because it fits his template.... We have had a lot of people in here b****ing about the draft and EFX. They have to justify the sand in their vaginas because we did not select the people they had on their draft day wish list.

Stan
05-05-2012, 07:25 AM
Wow, what a pile of garbage. The idea that Denver got rolled five times because Poe, Brockers, Fitzpatrick, and DeCastro were taken ahead of Denver is absurd. There were a couple of mocks that had one of them sliding to Denver but there is no way Denver was counting on any of them reaching them. I don't see a team moving back counting on ONE player sliding to them. I would think they would have a couple of guys that they rated similarly and they figure at least one of them would still be there when they pick. Maybe Denver was hoping Martin would still be there but I can't see them counting on it. If they wanted him that badly they would have just taken him at 25 or 31. Maybe I am giving them too much credit but these theories floated by this hack seem way too far fetched.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-05-2012, 07:29 AM
Shamalamadingdong is serious bidniss.

Bronco Rob
05-05-2012, 07:31 AM
Because it fits his template.... We have had a lot of people in here b****ing about the draft and EFX. They have to justify the sand in their vaginas because we did not select the people they had on their draft day wish list.

What are you talking about?

Since when have I been critical Donny?

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_vGK008c_rA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

manchambo
05-05-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm baffled by many things in this article. Among them: the suggestion that the fact players the Broncos targeted were picked ahead of them (and in the case of Poe many picks ahead of where he should have gone) is somehow a sign of incompetence. That's kind of how it works when you pick at 25. But considering that DMac apparently doesn't know what position Wolfe or Ayers plays (or apparently anything about Ayers ability or value) its hard to take him too seriously.

Rohirrim
05-05-2012, 07:47 AM
I just hope Hightower doesn't become a HOF middle LB.

BroncoMan4ever
05-05-2012, 08:03 AM
Need proof or I call bull****. This read like some pissed off fan writer for a mediocre internet rag

lolcopter
05-05-2012, 08:08 AM
How is Wolfe, a DT, going to be competing with ayers, a DE, for playing time

Plus the fact that Ayers was one of our better dline guys last year??

lolcopter
05-05-2012, 08:09 AM
And why the hell would we want Poe? This rag sucks

DarkHorse30
05-05-2012, 08:14 AM
IAOFM addressed this very column - www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/why-you-shouldnt-listen-to-radio-guys

manchambo
05-05-2012, 08:15 AM
And why the hell would we want Poe? This rag sucks

I wouldn't go quite that far. At 25 I would have taken him. Not at 11 though.

Dedhed
05-05-2012, 08:37 AM

I don't listen to anyone who's still calling Ayers a bust.

Bacchus
05-05-2012, 08:59 AM

It was a tough first day in the draft for the Broncos. They were hoping that Dontari Poe, Michael Brockers or Dre Kirkpatrick would fall into their laps. BAM – Poe gone to the Chiefs at 11! BANG – Brockers gone to the Rams with the next pick! KABOOM – Kirkpatrick gone to the Bengals with the 17th pick. What the hell just happened?!?! Okay, okay, don’t sweat it; nobody will take our sneak first rounder.

SHAMALAMADINGDONG – the Steelers, one pick in front of the Broncos, snatch David DeCastro.

WHAT WHAT WHAT??????

Desperation.

Trade the pick back to 31 and reload. SHUT UP!!! I know we are helping the Patriots get better. It doesn’t matter – we’re gonna get our best running back – Doug Martin at 31!

Phone rings.

Tampa Bay wants to move up. The Broncos will get 36. Okay, not as much money – do it – we can probably now get a steal on Doug.

SMASH!!!!! TAMPA TAKES MARTIN!!!!

Why I oughta…

A dejected Elway that night explained there was a slight disagreement in the room during the first round. No kidding. You just spent a year prepping for your first pick and you got rolled five times! Five times! FIVE TIMES!!!! Including on a freakin’ guard!

Goodnight, nurse, we’ll check in tomorrow.

The next day, we found out about Derek Wolfe, who apparently was shoveling pig sh@&% the morning he was drafted. But, he’s not the real story. Wolfe will compete with pending first round bust Robert Ayers on the d-line, but it was the Broncos’ second pick of the day that will define this draft and possibly Elway as a true quarterback evaluator.

Big Brock Osweiler.

You see Wolfe was the fourth-best option at d-tackle. Ronnie Hillman may very well have been the second running back choice. I have no idea where Omar Bolden fits into the plans. Maybe he makes the team – maybe not. Phillip Baker is now our second offensive lineman who can ice skate as he is a 27-year-old rookie originally from Canada. (Baker and Franklin on the blue line is pretty imposing – take notes AVS). Then, the Broncos drafted two guys who will be lucky to even be around enough to be ignored. The only player that was truly tops on their board was Osweiler.

week ago, I wrote that Kirk Cousins in the fourth round would do nicely for a backup QB, and that is exactly when he was drafted – one pick after Bolden. I advocated for two d-tackles in the first three rounds. Let’s just assume you loved Ronnie Hillman and always wanted him. Fine, you could’ve picked up your boy Wolfe and also added Vinny Curry; he went to the Eagles two picks after Brock. Instead, your second defensive lineman was fifth-round selection Malik Jackson. He’s from Tennessee, the same place Ayers is from.

How’s that working out?

You picked up a cornerback in Bolden, who, as courageous as it may be to captain a team who you can’t play for due to your second major collegiate injury, the pick still doesn’t exactly light up the excitement radar. Instead, you could’ve moved up and taken Josh Robinson or Trumaine Johnson; shoot, you could’ve done that and STILL picked up a quality running back like Lamar Miller or Robert Turbin.

In fact, had you just decided that Ryan Lindley would’ve been good enough to hold a clipboard for three seasons; you could’ve waited until the sixth round! (Congrats to the Cardinals for that one!). You know, I’ll even take it one step further – had you waited until the draft was completed you could’ve picked up the all-time winningest college quarterback – Kellen Moore. That is if you could’ve done without the likes of Jamie Blatnick, Elliot Coffey or long snapper Aaron Brewer (sorry, Lonie Paxton – I guess you DO make too much money).

The drafting of Osweiler at that spot was undoubtedly a collective brain fart based on heart rather than a smart business decision. Whatever was going to happen in this draft, it was going to happen with the understanding that Brock was to be the heir apparent. You could move around and fiddle with everything else, just don’t touch the QB. This was all Elway all the way.

It’s Elway that passes final judgments on quarterbacks. He didn’t like Timmy – Timmy is gone. He wanted Manning – Manning is here. His son, Jack, is best friends with Brock – according to Brock – Brock is in the building. This draft wasn’t about a heart-warming tale from the midwest. Nope, it was pure and simple about a young, tall kid who was pissed that his mentor – Noel Mazzone – didn’t get the ASU head coaching job. Mazzone actually told us this week that if he had stayed at ASU, Brock would still be there. That’s not a kid ready for the NFL; that’s a kid who’s ready for the next keg party.

Common sense would tell you that Lavonte David – the very special linebacker from Nebraska – will have more impact for his NFL team than ball cap Brock (again, congrats Tampa Bay – you got over on us again!). It just doesn’t make sense.

I get it that the guy can clean windows and open a locked gate from above just by reaching over, but to think that this pick has any logic is ridiculous… unless…

…unless, Manning really isn’t as healthy as everybody is saying. Archie Manning recently implied that Peyton was going to take things year to year. Did he say that because he is an expert on TV like Trent Dilfer or did he say that because he’s Peyton’s DAD?!?! We better get ready to face a possible hard truth – Elway DID draft Osweiler with his head, not his heart. Elway doesn’t know squat about ’80s bands, but he does know quarterbacks. He knows what they can become – and scarily enough, he may know when they are done.

The true meaning of the Osweiler pick is the extreme possibility that Manning simply isn’t MANNING.

I call bull**** on that Article. Elway graduated in 1983, of course he knows about '80's bands!!!

Bacchus
05-05-2012, 09:05 AM
IAOFM addressed this very column - www.itsalloverfatman.com/broncos/entry/why-you-shouldnt-listen-to-radio-guys

Wow, that is a great ****ing article!

Which brings me to this piece of crap article from Darren McKee, who goes by the silly and unoriginal moniker D-Mac. First, a note about the website, MileHighSports.com; as a source of written content, it’s just horrendous, and it seems like everybody who writes there is actually a radio person. I always laugh at radio guys who write, because they’re playing my game, and they all suck mightily at it. They think in fragments, and therefore cannot write in sentences and paragraphs. I’m smart enough not to play their game, because I know I’d suck just as badly on the radio as they do as writers.

Welcome back to T-BAR AND THE MAD DOG! You ever notice how many of these fools call themselves Mad Dog? As a radio listener, have you ever stopped to consider why you’d listen to somebody who sees himself as a deranged animal, and consider him to have any credibility?

Dedhed
05-05-2012, 09:34 AM
Wow, that is a great ****ing article!

Which brings me to this piece of crap article from Darren McKee, who goes by the silly and unoriginal moniker D-Mac. First, a note about the website, MileHighSports.com; as a source of written content, it’s just horrendous, and it seems like everybody who writes there is actually a radio person. I always laugh at radio guys who write, because they’re playing my game, and they all suck mightily at it. They think in fragments, and therefore cannot write in sentences and paragraphs. I’m smart enough not to play their game, because I know I’d suck just as badly on the radio as they do as writers.

Welcome back to T-BAR AND THE MAD DOG! You ever notice how many of these fools call themselves Mad Dog? As a radio listener, have you ever stopped to consider why you’d listen to somebody who sees himself as a deranged animal, and consider him to have any credibility?

That's pretty good.

Cito Pelon
05-05-2012, 09:54 AM

And Tampa would reply, "You'll find out when everybody else does. Now, do you want to trade the pick or not?"

Gcver2ver3
05-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Dmac's article looks full of false hood to me...

Any casual fan knew that poe, kirkpatrick, brockers, castro could all be gone by pick 25, but somehow efx and crew didnt?...

Same on doug martin... even casual fans know bucs wanted to draft rb at some point...

The broncos have better intel on what other teams wanted than we did... the fact that dmac actually believes what he wrote is kind of embarrassing really...

Swedish Extrovert
05-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Dmac's article looks full of false hood to me...

Any casual fan knew that poe, kirkpatrick, brockers, castro could all be gone by pick 25, but somehow efx and crew didnt?...

Same on doug martin... even casual fans know bucs wanted to draft rb at some point...

The broncos have better intel on what other teams wanted than we did... the fact that dmac actually believes what he wrote is kind of embarrassing really...

And a couple mocks actually had Wolfe going to the Pats at 31.

THe Wolfe pick is growing on me... at 305lbs and with a 4.86 40 and 33 reps, he actually does have first-round talent. He's got a motor, too, and he seems like a guy that is genuinely grateful to be in the position that he is in.

Tombstone RJ
05-05-2012, 10:32 AM

It was a tough first day in the draft for the Broncos. They were hoping that Dontari Poe, Michael Brockers or Dre Kirkpatrick would fall into their laps. BAM – Poe gone to the Chiefs at 11! BANG – Brockers gone to the Rams with the next pick! KABOOM – Kirkpatrick gone to the Bengals with the 17th pick. What the hell just happened?!?! Okay, okay, don’t sweat it; nobody will take our sneak first rounder.

SHAMALAMADINGDONG – the Steelers, one pick in front of the Broncos, snatch David DeCastro.

WHAT WHAT WHAT??????

Desperation.

Trade the pick back to 31 and reload. SHUT UP!!! I know we are helping the Patriots get better. It doesn’t matter – we’re gonna get our best running back – Doug Martin at 31!

Phone rings.

Tampa Bay wants to move up. The Broncos will get 36. Okay, not as much money – do it – we can probably now get a steal on Doug.

SMASH!!!!! TAMPA TAKES MARTIN!!!!

Why I oughta…

A dejected Elway that night explained there was a slight disagreement in the room during the first round. No kidding. You just spent a year prepping for your first pick and you got rolled five times! Five times! FIVE TIMES!!!! Including on a freakin’ guard!

Goodnight, nurse, we’ll check in tomorrow.

I was right. Elway Wanted Decastro and Martin but could not get either one and then took Wolfe out of a little desparation.

The Osweiler pick was bad, plain and simple. It's an ego pick. It's a "I'm smarter than eveyone else" pick.

Well good luck with that one John. I'm sure Jack loves you more for it. :kiss:

Dedhed
05-05-2012, 10:38 AM
And Tampa would reply, "You'll find out when everybody else does. Now, do you want to trade the pick or not?"

I don't think that's the case at all. Teams certainly discuss specific players during trades, and I have no doubt the Broncos knew who the Bucs were targeting at #31.

I don't think the Broncos had Martin in their plans; they passed on him twice.

Archer81
05-05-2012, 10:40 AM

I dont think it works that way.

Tombstone RJ
05-05-2012, 10:48 AM
There's a limited amount of time to negotiate a trade. You can't ask every team who is interested which player they want. That doesn't make sense. What you are negotiating is compensation for the trade.

The Broncos traded with TB because TB wanted to trade. They didn't know who TB wanted. Obviously they didn't think Martin's value was there at 31 so they traded back.

OrangeSe7en
05-05-2012, 10:50 AM
But the draft couldnt have gone better. That's rich.

Archer81
05-05-2012, 10:55 AM
There's a limited amount of time to negotiate a trade. You can't ask every team who is interested which player they want. That doesn't make sense. What you are negotiating is compensation for the trade.

The Broncos traded with TB because TB wanted to trade. They didn't know who TB wanted. Obviously they didn't think Martin's value was there at 31 so they traded back.

It takes 2 seconds to ask the question. If Denver wanted Martin, I think it would just make sense to ask Tampa who they were targeting.

Dedhed
05-05-2012, 10:57 AM
The Broncos traded with TB because TB wanted to trade. They didn't know who TB wanted. Obviously they didn't think Martin's value was there at 31 so they traded back.You don't know that at all. Nor do you know whether they wanted Martin. Occam's razor would suggest that, having passed on him twice, he wasn't primary target. Hearsay and speculation doesn't carry much weight.

Bigdawg26
05-05-2012, 11:00 AM
WTF?? This is confusing to me? How could the broncos have targeted DeCastro at 25 if they said they were hoping for Poe, Brockers, or Kirkpatrick to fall? Also, why would the broncos trade out of 31 if they wanted Doug Martin and he was there? This makes no sense!

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 11:05 AM
Welcome to the discussion, Bigdawg.

Bigdawg26
05-05-2012, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the discussion, Bigdawg.

Yeah sorry for being late! I tried to read the article and I had to say something! It felt like the more I read it the dumber I could get!

Hercules Rockefeller
05-05-2012, 11:21 AM
It's SOP in every sport to find out the other team's target. They knew who the Bucs were taking.

barryr
05-05-2012, 11:34 AM
I still stand by my belief the Broncos were not in love with any players projected to go at 25 or even 31 and wanted extra picks and still get someone on their board they could live with. Sure, maybe 3-5 guys they had rated higher than Wolfe were gone by the 36th pick, and I do think Martin was a guy they targeted, but felt could get a RB later. Logic says if really that eager to get a player, you don't trade down twice with hopes in still getting him. I am not that excited what they did at 57 or trading up to get a smallish type RB later though.

Broncos_OTM
05-05-2012, 01:17 PM
Hilarious!

I don't have a problem with BroncosRob per se, but all he really contributes to this forum is cutting and opasting articles from sites that the members frequent anyway.

I don't know. As a guy that used to make a living running a small-town newspaper, it kinda gets me peeved.
I like having the articles sought out for me. adds to discussion on a forum about the team. I really don't read alot of other sites but have the time. so i think its much needed. thanks BR.

Bronco Rob
05-05-2012, 01:31 PM
I like having the articles sought out for me. adds to discussion on a forum about the team. I really don't read alot of other sites but have the time. so i think its much needed. thanks BR.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_aiAdL8yy1Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Aftermath
05-05-2012, 01:37 PM
Terrible story. Terrible thread. End game.

Bronco Rob
05-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Terrible story. Terrible thread. End game.

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 01:48 PM
To be fair, I think most people here are familiar with MHR. If they really wanted to read the poorly written, heavily opinionated 'articles' available there, I'm sure they'd just go and do it themselves.

Still better than a thread about the NBA or NHL, though.

CEH
05-05-2012, 02:23 PM
To be fair, I think most people here are familiar with MHR. If they really wanted to read the poorly written, heavily opinionated 'articles' available there, I'm sure they'd just go and do it themselves.

Still better than a thread about the NBA or NHL, though.

Just to be clear MHR is Mile High Report run by John Bena a Broncos MB site like OM. Mile High Sports is a Denver based monthly magazine

The articl was in Mile High Sports

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 02:27 PM
Yeah, well, I'm retarded.

Swedish Extrovert
05-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Then post the title of the article, and a link to the article. Rather than just cutting an pasting only the parts the forum wants to read.

Bronco Rob
05-05-2012, 02:39 PM
Then post the title of the article, and a link to the article. Rather than just cutting an pasting only the parts the forum wants to read.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bVVsDIv98TA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:saywhat:

Lestat
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
i just don't buy that the FO is gonna do business in that manner. no way would they trade out of the first round without knowing who Tampa was gonna pick. they had to know Tampa was taking Martin and the David Wilson to the Giants pick had been called for weeks, though apparently Tampa jumped over the Giants to snag Martin due to them fearing the Giants would take him.

the entire article assumes that Denver had roughly 4 players and 4 players only in mind for #25, they didn't trade up when they saw either sliding, so it then assumes that the FO panicked and traded back, it then assumes that after panicking and trading back that we again panicked and traded back again because we goofed and didn't know who was likely to be taken.

as frustrated as i was at not picking in round 1 i just can't believe a FO would be that inept. the only pick that anyone was really right about Denver liking and making was Osweiler so no one truly knew what the FO was going to do before or during the draft.

Vegas_Bronco
05-05-2012, 03:12 PM
Remember when kyke shannahan called his dad and told him about kevin kasper...this might be the same situation.

Personally i hated the value we gave up getting in place but I have no problem with the players we drafted. Do you realize how small the difference is btwn a 4th round pick and a udfa? I think we did a great job getting some talent that can at least immediately improve their positions as rookies. Im excited to see one of these newbs transfer to SS.

CEH
05-05-2012, 04:53 PM
Remember when kyke shannahan called his dad and told him about kevin kasper...this might be the same situation.

Personally i hated the value we gave up getting in place but I have no problem with the players we drafted. Do you realize how small the difference is btwn a 4th round pick and a udfa? I think we did a great job getting some talent that can at least immediately improve their positions as rookies. Im excited to see one of these newbs transfer to SS.

Decker got about 750k bonus
Harris 3k

That's the real difference between 4th and UDFA

Tombstone RJ
05-05-2012, 04:55 PM
You don't know that at all. Nor do you know whether they wanted Martin. Occam's razor would suggest that, having passed on him twice, he wasn't primary target. Hearsay and speculation doesn't carry much weight.

OrangeEmpire was right about the fact that the Broncos were going to trade out of the first round, they did. However with DeCastro sitting there they would have taken him IMHO. However when the stellers snuck off with DeCastro the Broncos traded back to 31 probably because that's all NE offered. They probably wanted to trade out of the first altogether but could not find a trading partner so they settled for NE's offer.

The other part of OrangeEmpire's prediction was the Broncos were going to take an offensive player with their first pick. Obviously that didn't happen, probably because the player the wanted was gone at 36.

Is OrangeEmpire full of crap--maybe. But he was right about the Broncos trading out of the first round. I just find it all very interesting how the Broncos reached on 3 players--Wolfe, Hillman and Osweiler. I think this happened because their draft plans were starting to crumble.

Captain 'Dre
05-05-2012, 05:00 PM
But the draft couldnt have gone better. That's rich.

Where's your sarcasm smilie?

broncosteven
05-05-2012, 06:33 PM
My take away from this thread is that I shouldn't ask the mods to change my username to MadDog-GeneMac like I was going to.

broncogary
05-05-2012, 06:43 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bVVsDIv98TA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:saywhat:

I think you've been told numerous times not to post the entire article.

Pendejo
05-06-2012, 07:46 AM
My take away from this thread is that I shouldn't ask the mods to change my username to MadDog-GeneMac like I was going to.

Change it to maninthebox instead.

Swedish Extrovert
05-06-2012, 04:35 PM

You can subscribe to Google news alerts with the keyword "Denver Broncos"

They'll spam your inbox without spamming this forum.

outdoor_miner
05-06-2012, 05:16 PM
OrangeEmpire was right about the fact that the Broncos were going to trade out of the first round, they did. However with DeCastro sitting there they would have taken him IMHO. However when the stellers snuck off with DeCastro the Broncos traded back to 31 probably because that's all NE offered. They probably wanted to trade out of the first altogether but could not find a trading partner so they settled for NE's offer.

The other part of OrangeEmpire's prediction was the Broncos were going to take an offensive player with their first pick. Obviously that didn't happen, probably because the player the wanted was gone at 36.

Is OrangeEmpire full of crap--maybe. But he was right about the Broncos trading out of the first round. I just find it all very interesting how the Broncos reached on 3 players--Wolfe, Hillman and Osweiler. I think this happened because their draft plans were starting to crumble.

If you are using Empire Orange, i am pretty sure he said they were targetting offense, but not running back.

Houshyamama
05-06-2012, 07:48 PM
That was one of the worst articles I've ever read about the Broncos

Bronco Rob
05-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I think you've been told numerous times not to post the entire article.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/oYZD1sQBdlE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Swedish Extrovert
05-06-2012, 08:31 PM
You're outmatched, BroncoRob, and you're entering troll territory.

Dedhed
05-06-2012, 09:03 PM

i love that i can come to the OM and find every bit of Bronco related news without signing up for endless spam.

Keep it up Rob, just post 90% of the article so you don't get TJ in trouble.

Bronco Rob
05-06-2012, 09:14 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MMzd40i8TfA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:wave:

Shananahan
05-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Maybe just cite the source in the thread title so we'll know when it's not really 'news' beforehand.

Archer81
05-06-2012, 09:45 PM
Bacon is delicious.

Bronco Rob
05-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Dear EA Sports and Tiburon
Avengers movie
Your 2011-2012 General NBA Thread
Who wins the AFC West in '12
Mike Shanahan will ruin RG3
OT: David the Android
The awake or nearly awake will like this or MacGruder was right, at least on one thing...
Eli Manning on SNL
2011-2012 General NHL Hockey Thread
Do You Want Your Son(s) To Play Football?
General College Football Thread - 2012
Junior Seau dead at 43

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6b0ftfKFEJg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

:thanku:

broncocalijohn
05-06-2012, 11:20 PM
^^^You are correct. One of the threads is without original thought on post #1.

BroncoBen
05-07-2012, 07:40 AM
So what are your trying to say...

Give it some time.. it takes a few years to rate a draft a success or bust.

lolcopter
05-07-2012, 08:35 AM
Maybe just cite the source in the thread title so we'll know when it's not really 'news' beforehand.

This please

Every time I'm tricked into reading a bleacher report article I want to light something on fire

Bronco Rob
05-07-2012, 10:41 PM
The timing of this is odd. You have to wonder if this is to do with the whispers of screwing up the Doug Martin trade down with Tampa. At first I didn't give much weight to those rumors but now that it's being followed up the X-man being let go maybe there is some validity to the idea that some trades to get targeted players were indeed botched. Perhaps this is Elway trying to make someone else the fall guy. Who knows? Either way, this seems like a good move seeing as how our drafting of late really hasn't been to spectacular.

???

Broncos_OTM
05-08-2012, 02:18 AM
I see the point of not getting taco in trouble. So i am on board with that. I like the 90% purposed rule. also as another poster pointed out I like to come here for my broncos news. I hate spam like that. I think its also a good idea to add ones thoughts when posting a article. but with out these articles, we really are talking about game of thrones and the new avengers movie. just mo

Bronco Rob
05-15-2012, 07:04 AM
Hi Mike, I could have gouged my eyes out watching Denver pass on David DeCastro, Doug Martin, and about 99 defensive linemen. How about you? --Dan, Seattle

DeCastro went to Pittsburgh at No. 24, one spot ahead of the Broncos. Had DeCastro got by the Steelers, the Broncos may very well have drafted him. They were talking about him as he fell into the 20s.

Martin was the No. 2 running back on the Broncos' board, behind Trent Richardson, but they had the Boise State Broncos product graded in the middle of the second round. Had the Denver Broncos taken Martin at No. 31, they likely would have come out of this draft without an upgrade at defensive tackle.

Instead, they let Martin go, and took Wolfe at No. 36, and they took Ronnie Hillman, who was their fourth-best back on the board, early in the third round. Not a bad play. Wolfe was ranked third on the Broncos' board at the “3-gap’’ or “3-technique’’ defensive tackle spot, behind Fletcher Cox and Michael Brockers. Kendall Reyes was fourth.

At the nose defensive tackle, the Broncos had Dontari Poe rated No. 1, followed by Jerel Worthy. Cox, Poe and Brockers were gone at No. 25. The Broncos traded back to get an extra fourth-round pick, took Wolfe at No. 36, then used one of their fourth-round picks to move up and take Hillman in the third round.

I don’t know if the Broncos took the right players in the draft. Time will judge. But based on need, the Broncos pretty much addressed them all.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_20622421/broncos-mailbag-after-denver-drafted-need-john-fox

outdoor_miner
05-15-2012, 07:14 AM
???

Klis didn't confirm that they "whiffed". Just that they had Martin as the #2 Running Back (but didn't want to take him in the 1st round). Or am I missing something?

Gcver2ver3
05-15-2012, 07:27 AM
How does that say kliss confirmed efx whiffing on martin?...

bronco militia
05-15-2012, 07:29 AM
klis confirmed that he still doesn't know jack **** about the broncos

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Brockers as a three tech... Hmmm
I guess James was the #3 running back on their board.

Kaylore
05-15-2012, 07:43 AM
All this article confirms is Bronco Rob is butt hurt at the front office.

I'm going to start a thread titled "Khan confirms Bronco Rob whiffs on thread title edit."

Ray Finkle
05-15-2012, 07:50 AM

I'm going to start a thread titled "Khan confirms Bronco Rob whiffs on thread title edit."

EEEEEEEDDDDDDD REEEEEEDDDDDDD

that is all.

Bronco Rob
05-15-2012, 07:56 AM

LOL! If you go back to the first page of this thread I said that Dmac the person that initially wrote the article was a whack job.

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpost.php?p=3582277&postcount=3

For some reason everyone 'jumped to the conclusion' that I was onboard with the mile high report's resident Oliver Stone.

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/GreenM500/jump_to_conclusions_mat.jpg

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-15-2012, 08:09 AM
Even if decastro was their pick, they likely had a more realistic plan since chances of decastro staying on the board till 25 was slim and none. Everyone knew that. It's not like steelers took him and they went into panic without a plan. They got it done and in time people will accept it when they see production from these kids.

BroncoInferno
05-15-2012, 08:44 AM
I'm missing the part where Klis "confirmed" that they whiffed on Martin? He said they had him graded in the middle of 2nd round, which is why they didn't pick him at #31. Nowhere did Klis state that they expected him to still be on the board @ #36, which is the only way it could be argued they "whiffed" on him.

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2012, 08:46 AM
The Broncos had Hillman rated as the 4th best RB. Richardson was first, Martin was second, Hillman was 4th. So who was the Broncos 3rd best RB?

BroncoInferno
05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
I do find it interesting (assuming Klis is correct) that they graded Worthy as a NT and Brockers as a 3 tech, when the general consensus seemed to be the opposite.

BroncoInferno
05-15-2012, 08:47 AM
The Broncos had Hillman rated as the 4th best RB. Richardson was first, Martin was second, Hillman was 4th. So who was the Broncos 3rd best RB?

I'm guessing Isaiah Pead. He's good in the passing game, which I think they valued a lot with Manning.

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 08:56 AM
I'm guessing Isaiah Pead. He's good in the passing game, which I think they valued a lot with Manning.

I think it was Lamichael James. And I agree about the Brockers technique evaluation. I view him as a 4-3 NT who stuffs the run and has serious pass rush upside. Rams are gonna use him as the 1Tech and Langford in the 3Tech I would think.

Gcver2ver3
05-15-2012, 09:01 AM

My guess is lamichael james...

Didnt denver start making a move to move up for hillman after james was drafted?...

Tombstone RJ
05-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Hmmm... could be either RB I guess.

BroncoInferno
05-15-2012, 09:03 AM
I think it was Lamichael James.

I don't think so because he is very raw in the passing game, which I think they put a premium on.

Gcver2ver3
05-15-2012, 09:06 AM
I think it was Lamichael James. And I agree about the Brockers technique evaluation. I view him as a 4-3 NT who stuffs the run and has serious pass rush upside. Rams are gonna use him as the 1Tech and Langford in the 3Tech I would think.

I agree... although i believe a strength on brockers is he projects at both spots... gifted kid with size strength and a day one run stopper but with the measurables of a penetrating pass rusher from the inside that just havent materialized yet...

CEH
05-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Hi Mike, I could have gouged my eyes out watching Denver pass on David DeCastro, Doug Martin, and about 99 defensive linemen. How about you? --Dan, Seattle

DeCastro went to Pittsburgh at No. 24, one spot ahead of the Broncos. Had DeCastro got by the Steelers, the Broncos may very well have drafted him. They were talking about him as he fell into the 20s.

Martin was the No. 2 running back on the Broncos' board, behind Trent Richardson, but they had the Boise State Broncos product graded in the middle of the second round. Had the Denver Broncos taken Martin at No. 31, they likely would have come out of this draft without an upgrade at defensive tackle.

Instead, they let Martin go, and took Wolfe at No. 36, and they took Ronnie Hillman, who was their fourth-best back on the board, early in the third round. Not a bad play. Wolfe was ranked third on the Broncos' board at the “3-gap’’ or “3-technique’’ defensive tackle spot, behind Fletcher Cox and Michael Brockers. Kendall Reyes was fourth.

At the nose defensive tackle, the Broncos had Dontari Poe rated No. 1, followed by Jerel Worthy. Cox, Poe and Brockers were gone at No. 25. The Broncos traded back to get an extra fourth-round pick, took Wolfe at No. 36, then used one of their fourth-round picks to move up and take Hillman in the third round.

I don’t know if the Broncos took the right players in the draft. Time will judge. But based on need, the Broncos pretty much addressed them all.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncosmailbag/ci_20622421/broncos-mailbag-after-denver-drafted-need-john-fox

Did I miss "Mike Klis Confirms: Broncos targeted DeCastro at 25, whiffed on Martin with trade back from 31 "

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
I agree... although i believe a strength on brockers is he projects at both spots... gifted kid with size strength and a day one run stopper but with the measurables of a penetrating pass rusher from the inside that just havent materialized yet...

Exactly! I think most felt he was overrated, but I loved his motor and the film I watched on him. Had the Broncos snagged Brockers @25, Wolf &57, and Hillman in the third, I think we all would be ecstatic for the season!

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 09:42 AM
I don't think so because he is very raw in the passing game, which I think they put a premium on.

Would you say that Pead ran crisper routes or are you saying he had better hands? I think James had great hands and was absolutely electric homerun hitter. I would have preferred him with that pick @57, but that's just me, I still like Hillman.

BroncoInferno
05-15-2012, 09:54 AM
Would you say that Pead ran crisper routes or are you saying he had better hands? I think James had great hands and was absolutely electric homerun hitter. I would have preferred him with that pick @57, but that's just me, I still like Hillman.

Pead impressed a lot of people with both his receiving and blocking (equally important) in the post-season. James was asked to do very little of either at Oregon. Maybe he will develop that part of his game, but I think Pead is farther ahead. Plus, Pead is a little bigger, so he has a better chance of developing into a 1a back, whereas James (and Hillman, too) will get more limited touches as a runner (like Sproles).

Bmore Manning
05-15-2012, 09:59 AM
Pead impressed a lot of people with both his receiving and blocking (equally important) in the post-season.

I couldn't agree more that Pead was the more complete back, but I'm not sure that's what they were looking for. Mcgahee currently has that skill set, they needed a homerin hitter IMO.

James was asked to do very little of either at Oregon. Maybe he will develop that part of his game, but I think Pead is farther ahead. Plus, Pead is a little bigger, so he has a better chance of developing into a 1a back, whereas James (and Hillman, too) will get more limited touches as a runner (like Sproles).

Again I'm on board, but I think Denver likes Fanin as more of a McGahee replacement, and wanted the homerun hitter to add a different dimension.

Captain 'Dre
05-15-2012, 10:29 AM

I dunno about that, but I'd definitely say he's very raw as a pass blocker.

Captain 'Dre
05-15-2012, 10:30 AM
[QUOTE=BroncoInferno;3589077Plus, Pead is a little bigger, so he has a better chance of developing into a 1a back, whereas James (and Hillman, too) will get more limited touches as a runner (like Sproles).[/QUOTE]

Sproles developed into a good blocker.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Klis at least stays away from the OP and D-Mac's absurd notion that we were targeting DeCastro, followed by misplaying Doug Martin's value. And actually at least rebuts said assertion by stating we had a mid 2 round value on Martin. Okay, that's fine. And there was nothing that remotely appeared to be confirmation by Klis about these absurd allegations overall despite OP's thread title edit to the contrary.

Now, my issue is with Klis' DT rankings, which he clearly pulled out of his ass. There is not a personnel man alive that is going to rate Worthy as a NT, his entire skillset is based on gap shooting. And while there may be one that projects Brockers to 3 tech, the vast majority has him pegged as a potentially elite Nose Tackle, including the Rams, because he does struggle to gap shoot due to a lack of athleticism.

If we really ranked Worthy as the #2 NT in this draft, and Brockers as the #2 3 Tech, God help us.

I think the local reporters are either fed a bunch of crap, or just simply spout it.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Again I'm on board, but I think Denver likes Fanin as more of a McGahee replacement, and wanted the homerun hitter to add a different dimension.

Don't really see that. Fannin could be an even better receiving back than Moreno, but is terrible at running inside due to technique. I think Fannin replaces Moreno at some point. I think Hillman is the replacement for McGahee. He's only 20. Let him back him up a year or two, he'll grow into his body like DeAngelo Williams did, hopefully settle in around 210-215. With how hard Hillman runs inside, he'll *need* to do that.

gyldenlove
05-15-2012, 11:34 AM
Klis at least stays away from the OP and D-Mac's absurd notion that we were targeting DeCastro, followed by misplaying Doug Martin's value. And actually at least rebuts said assertion by stating we had a mid 2 round value on Martin. Okay, that's fine. And there was nothing that remotely appeared to be confirmation by Klis about these absurd allegations overall despite OP's thread title edit to the contrary.

Now, my issue is with Klis' DT rankings, which he clearly pulled out of his ass. There is not a personnel man alive that is going to rate Worthy as a NT, his entire skillset is based on gap shooting. And while there may be one that projects Brockers to 3 tech, the vast majority has him pegged as a potentially elite Nose Tackle, including the Rams, because he does struggle to gap shoot due to a lack of athleticism.

If we really ranked Worthy as the #2 NT in this draft, and Brockers as the #2 3 Tech, God help us.

I think the local reporters are either fed a bunch of crap, or just simply spout it.

I could see Brockers ranked as a 3-tech, his skillset is very flexible depending on the front you run, especially in a less aggressive scheme I would love him at 3-tech. Worthy ranked at NT is nonsense, I have seen some people talk about him as a run stopper with pass rushing upside, but he is not a guy I think can consistently draw or battle through being double blocked.

Lestat
05-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Worthy as a NT? and #2 on the board? if this is indeed true Elway needs to be slapped silly.
that's pure nonsense and absolute foolishness.

nice to see that they had Wolfe and Reyes rated to so highly.
my guess is that Pead was #3 ranked RB. he would fit the mold of what they were looking for unless it was Wilson but i doubt that.

still didn't see Klis confirm anything about the Broncos missing on Martin though.

Bronco Rob
05-16-2012, 06:53 AM

socalorado
05-16-2012, 06:57 AM
Pead impressed a lot of people with both his receiving and blocking (equally important) in the post-season. James was asked to do very little of either at Oregon. Maybe he will develop that part of his game, but I think Pead is farther ahead. Plus, Pead is a little bigger, so he has a better chance of developing into a 1a back, whereas James (and Hillman, too) will get more limited touches as a runner (like Sproles).

YES.
1 Pead
2 Hillman

6 LaLaJames

socalorado
05-16-2012, 06:57 AM

Derek Wolfe = JJWatt

gyldenlove
05-16-2012, 07:14 AM
This thread is MUCH more interesting if you read it with the new first post without knowing how it was edited - makes a lot of people seem borderline crazy.

BroncoBen
05-16-2012, 07:17 AM

To me the key-words in the quote are... 'Executive vice president' John Elway.

What else is he going to say ? of course he is going to give the draft a positive spin. I have yet to see a FO person say how horrible a draft was for their team.

BroncoBeavis
05-16-2012, 07:18 AM
https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqVpcB8bEAZPG02t0_T2XU12Rxl5cnq QML2_Jyc2UKmYWpfz32tA

pricejj
05-16-2012, 08:16 AM
YES.
1. Trent Richardson
2. Doug Martin
3. Isaiah Pead
4. Ronnie Hillman

6 LaLaJames

FYP

Derek Wolfe = JJWatt

Not quite. J.J. Watt is an athletic freak (6.88 three-cone, 4.81 forty, 37" vert, 10' broad jump).

I believe Wolfe was their top choice at #25, and they traded down thinking he would be there at #36. They got lucky Baltimore did not take him. Derek Wolfe is athletically superior to most DT's...but is not a freak like J.J. Watt. There is a reason Watt was picked #11 overall. Though, I expect similar production from Wolfe at the UT position. Anything less than about 50 tackles, 5.5 sacks, is probably not the longterm answer.

I also agree with the evaluation of Worthy as a 4-3 NT. I had him pegged as a back-up NT, coming into the draft, with a possibility to become the starter in 2-3 years.

socalorado
05-16-2012, 09:00 AM
FYP

Not quite. J.J. Watt is an athletic freak (6.88 three-cone, 4.81 forty, 37" vert, 10' broad jump).

I believe Wolfe was their top choice at #25, and they traded down thinking he would be there at #36. They got lucky Baltimore did not take him. Derek Wolfe is athletically superior to most DT's...but is not a freak like J.J. Watt. There is a reason Watt was picked #11 overall. Though, I expect similar production from Wolfe at the UT position. Anything less than about 50 tackles, 5.5 sacks, is probably not the longterm answer.

I also agree with the evaluation of Worthy as a 4-3 NT. I had him pegged as a back-up NT, coming into the draft, with a possibility to become the starter in 2-3 years.

Well cmon, man there was no way DEN was getting Richardson, and apparently they were not really looking at Martin, who i would have loved for them to get!
So from there out i had it as
Pead
Hillman
Turbin

Lala james

As for Wolfe, i think he can turn into a Watt type of player for DEN.
Dude has a huge motor, and with DelRio and Fox, i think they can turn him into a beast.
I will admit, its a high ceiling, but i think Wolfe has it.

pricejj
05-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Well cmon, man there was no way DEN was getting Richardson, and apparently they were not really looking at Martin, who i would have loved for them to get!
So from there out i had it as
Pead
Hillman
Turbin

Lala james

As for Wolfe, i think he can turn into a Watt type of player for DEN.
Dude has a huge motor, and with DelRio and Fox, i think they can turn him into a beast.
I will admit, its a high ceiling, but i think Wolfe has it.

Yeah, for sure. I agree with you completely on the RB's. 1. Pead 2. Hillman. I didn't know anything about Hillman before the draft, but I am excited after watching his tape, and expect big things.

Super-stoked about Wolfe, hopefully he can dominate at UT. Thankfully, we finally got that position solved. Can't wait for training camp.

Looks like solving NT longterm is going to have to wait until next year. I don't like low-balling Ty Warren, but whatever...I hope we can sign Ron Brace in FA next year. John Hankins (NT) Ohio ST. is a great prospect, but will probably go top 10.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 09:55 AM
Yeah, for sure. I agree with you completely on the RB's. 1. Pead 2. Hillman. I didn't know anything about Hillman before the draft, but I am excited after watching his tape, and expect big things.

Super-stoked about Wolfe, hopefully he can dominate at UT. Thankfully, we finally got that position solved. Can't wait for training camp.

Looks like solving NT longterm is going to have to wait until next year. I don't like low-balling Ty Warren, but whatever...I hope we can sign Ron Brace in FA next year. John Hankins (NT) Ohio ST. is a great prospect, but will probably go top 10.

Star Loutelei NT from Utah!

pricejj
05-16-2012, 10:05 AM
Star Loutelei NT from Utah!

John Hankins is better. Better stats, better level of competition. :sunshine: ...but he'll be gone EARLY. It would probably be good to concentrate on other areas at our draft position (32) next year.

Signing Ron Brace in Free Agency relatively cheaply, would be one of my top priorities next offseason.

On a side note, it was a good idea for Green Bay to pick Jerel Worthy as 3-4 DE...he can make an impact at that position.

Doggcow
05-16-2012, 10:34 AM
Basically I feel this draft will be one of the best and most enlightened drafts, where a team when against the grain and made out, or we'll look like the Oakland Raiders do every year.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 10:36 AM
John Hankins is better. Better stats, better level of competition. :sunshine: ...but he'll be gone EARLY. It would probably be good to concentrate on other areas at our draft position (32) next year.

Signing Ron Brace in Free Agency relatively cheaply, would be one of my top priorities next offseason.

On a side note, it was a good idea for Green Bay to pick Jerel Worthy as 3-4 DE...he can make an impact at that position.

Price, Star is a Star! You'll see. You heard it here first.

And I'm not gonna talk about that chump Worthy.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 10:37 AM
Basically I feel this draft will be one of the best and most enlightened drafts, where a team when against the grain and made out, or we'll look like the Oakland Raiders do every year.

I think this was a good draft. I think the scouts had much more input and there was a lot of really quality picks!

Bigdawg26
05-16-2012, 10:41 AM

I think this draft was about need. They Broncos went out and got positions of need except for Brock (which was Elway's personal draft pick and project). They needed a UT with pass rush and got him. Needed a compliment to Willis and got him. Needed depth at corner, o-line, and linebacker and got it. But what's so different is that they didn't take the most talented or with most potential (except for Brock) but they got the guys that fit the system. How they turn out will be interesting!

Lestat
05-16-2012, 10:43 AM

surely you don't mean the DT from OSU...

pricejj
05-16-2012, 10:53 AM
surely you don't mean the DT from OSU...

Yes. What do you think of him? He had 56 tackles, 10 TFL's, and 2 sacks as a true Sophomore. He is 6'026", 335 lbs. If JDR stays with the team next offseason, you would think that they will bring a legit NT in either FA or the draft. If a guy like Dontari Poe can go #11 overall...I see no reason Hankins wouldn't also be a high 1st (not that he would be around for our pick).

Lestat
05-16-2012, 11:00 AM
Yes. What do you think of him? He had 56 tackles, 10 TFL's, and 2 sacks as a true Sophomore. He is 6'026", 335 lbs. If JDR stays with the team next offseason, you would think that they will bring a legit NT in either FA or the draft. If a guy like Dontari Poe can go #11 overall...I see no reason Hankins wouldn't also be a high 1st (not that he would be around for our pick).

he scares me like Worthy did. he has had serious weight problems in the past and does not always go hard. he gets up for big games and then disappears.
OSU has done a pretty good job getting him into better shape and getting his compete level up but he is Worthy all over again work ethic wise.

if he dedicates himself and puts it all together in his head he will be a beast. but i don't think he's motivated enough. he was dying to go to Michigan out of HS and they told him he could get a scholarship if he came into camp in better shape and could stay on the field. he came into camp about 30 lbs over weight, could barely stay on the field after 2 downs and was completely gassed before every other DL that attended.

he put things together late in his HS season and earned a offer to OSU, he committed and then Michigan offered later on but he was set on OSU.
he then showed up to OSU overweight, couldn't stay on the field for more than 2 downs before being gassed.

he's extremely talented but he's just not motivated enough.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 11:04 AM
he scares me like Worthy did. he has had serious weight problems in the past and does not always go hard. he gets up for big games and then disappears.
OSU has done a pretty good job getting him into better shape and getting his compete level up but he is Worthy all over again work ethic wise.

if he dedicates himself and puts it all together in his head he will be a beast. but i don't think he's motivated enough. he was dying to go to Michigan out of HS and they told him he could get a scholarship if he came into camp in better shape and could stay on the field. he came into camp about 30 lbs over weight, could barely stay on the field after 2 downs and was completely gassed before every other DL that attended.

he put things together late in his HS season and earned a offer to OSU, he committed and then Michigan offered later on but he was set on OSU.
he then showed up to OSU overweight, couldn't stay on the field for more than 2 downs before being gassed.

he's extremely talented but he's just not motivated enough.

Star Loutelei

Lestat
05-16-2012, 11:07 AM
the DT's i wanna see most this year are Short from Purdue and Jenkins from Georgia.
Short is more of a Wolfe type in terms of position but i would not mind two DT's who can pass rush. Jenkins is a NT but if he recovers from his bowl game injury quickly he's likely gone by the top 15.

socalorado
05-16-2012, 11:43 AM

Agreed. And yes, Hankins is a beast.
But i expect him to dominate this year, or he will lose some ground. He still needs to have a big year. I hate Ocry o St. I guess i shouldnt hate them though. Its just tiring sometimes watching my Trojans destroy them every year.
Brace would be nice.
Watch. Hillman will be up for OROY.

Bmore Manning
05-16-2012, 11:51 AM
the DT's i wanna see most this year are Short from Purdue and Jenkins from Georgia.
Short is more of a Wolfe type in terms of position but i would not mind two DT's who can pass rush. Jenkins is a NT but if he recovers from his bowl game injury quickly he's likely gone by the top 15.

Kawann Short is a 4-3 NT very similar to Brandon Thompson. I watched many of his games. He's solid.

Swedish Extrovert
05-16-2012, 12:00 PM
Derek Wolfe = JJWatt

He reminds me more of Ed McCaffery.

In other news... McCaffery will be hosting a WR camp in Highlands Ranch this summer with Eric Decker. It will be impossible to tell the two apart.

pricejj
05-16-2012, 12:14 PM

1. The problem with Kawann Short is he is turned 23 in February, he will be 24 at the draft.
2. John Jenkins looks pretty awesome.
3. We only need a 2 down NT.

So basically, we're looking at 4 really good NT's (at least) in the 2013 draft (Hankins, Lotulelei, Jenkins, Short). Works for me. Now who the heck is going to hold down NT this year?

Agreed. And yes, Hankins is a beast.
But i expect him to dominate this year, or he will lose some ground. He still needs to have a big year. I hate Ocry o St. I guess i shouldnt hate them though. Its just tiring sometimes watching my Trojans destroy them every year.
Brace would be nice.
Watch. Hillman will be up for OROY.

If Hillman is up for OROY, we will be in the freaking Superbowl. :sunshine:

Lestat
05-16-2012, 12:58 PM
1. The problem with Kawann Short is he is turned 23 in February, he will be 24 at the draft.
2. John Jenkins looks pretty awesome.
3. We only need a 2 down NT.

So basically, we're looking at 4 really good NT's (at least) in the 2013 draft (Hankins, Lotulelei, Jenkins, Short). Works for me. Now who the heck is going to hold down NT this year?

If Hillman is up for OROY, we will be in the freaking Superbowl. :sunshine:

which is why he'll(Short) likely drop low and be great value due to his age.
we need a 2 down NT who gets taken off to add the rush, not taken off because he needs oxygen every 2 snaps.
Hankins can become a great player but he has to have it click in his head.

pricejj
05-16-2012, 01:18 PM
which is why he'll(Short) likely drop low and be great value due to his age.
we need a 2 down NT who gets taken off to add the rush, not taken off because he needs oxygen every 2 snaps.
Hankins can become a great player but he has to have it click in his head.

There will be plenty of top flight NT's available for cheap next offseason, so we should be looking good.

They should really just let Warren play out his contract, and approach the NT position in 2013.

Bronco Yoda
05-17-2012, 02:15 AM
Not sure what to think of Wolfe yet. I can't wait to see him in real action. We REALLY need this pick to pan out.

Bmore Manning
05-17-2012, 07:15 AM
Wolfe is going to be a really solid addition to the DLine. Not only is he high motored with good technique, but he is much better against the run than he is given credit for!

CEH
06-06-2012, 02:42 PM
I can't find the thread where we were discussing the trade backs and whether Denver knew who Tampa Bay was going to select but just watched the Dallas Cowboys Hard Knocks and during the draft Jerra specifically asked Carl Peterson if KC was planning on drafting thier target Roy Williams the safety.

If the goofball Jones does it everyone does it when discussing trades

R-Mac
06-06-2012, 04:16 PM
I think Derek Wolfe is more like Jared Odrick than JJ Watt.