PDA

View Full Version : Omar Bolden vs Cal

jebures
05-04-2012, 06:41 PM
not impressed, and this was before his ACL injury.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56ffY6_4U9k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56ffY6_4U9k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Vegas_Bronco
05-04-2012, 07:25 PM
Ahhh...he has a short memory...we'll be fine.

Baba Booey
05-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Bust.

bpc
05-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Got torched.

Mogulseeker
05-04-2012, 07:48 PM
There has to be a reason he dropped to the 4th round. He's a raw talent/project.

Otherwise, with his combine, he has first-round talent.

That's what the 4th round is for: special teams players and risks on talented players.

Lestat
05-04-2012, 07:48 PM
he needs more cowbell

razorwire77
05-04-2012, 08:01 PM
OK. It was a mixed bag. The QB had 54 seconds to throw the ball, and the receivers made some big plays in single coverage

The 25 second mark he breaks a 50 yard kickoff return.

At the 28 second mark he has perfect coverage.

At the 43 second mark the QB throws a perfect tight window ball into double coverage.

At the 1:00 mark, the QB has 16 Mississippi to throw the ball and the receiver makes an athletic catch.

1:28 he breaks off of his man and assists in a nice tackle

2:00 he mistimed his jump and the receiver made a nice adjustment on the ball.

3:06 he made a tackle after a 7 yard hot route.

3:25 he had perfect coverage.

2:27 he forces the WR out of bounds. The WR makes a nice one-handed circus catch, but he didn't even get a foot down.

I still think the kid will be very, very, good.

broncswin
05-04-2012, 08:12 PM
Ya..but did you watch the vid:egbgb:

OK. It was a mixed bag. The QB had 54 seconds to throw the ball, and the receivers made some big plays in single coverage

The 25 second mark he breaks a 50 yard kickoff return.

At the 28 second mark he has perfect coverage.

At the 43 second mark the QB throws a perfect tight window ball into double coverage.

At the 1:00 mark, the QB has 16 Mississippi to throw the ball and the receiver makes an athletic catch.

1:28 he breaks off of his man and assists in a nice tackle

2:00 he mistimed his jump and the receiver made a nice adjustment on the ball.

3:06 he made a tackle after a 7 yard hot route.

3:25 he had perfect coverage.

2:27 he forces the WR out of bounds. The WR makes a nice one-handed circus catch, but he didn't even get a foot down.

I still think the kid will be very, very, good.

Lestat
05-04-2012, 08:21 PM
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PervOJ1qMYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8UaoRMfAIuc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/M0DcSvFtjXQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gyldenlove
05-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I don't see any problem there, on the long post route completion the free safety ****s the bed (you can tell number 9 doesn't know where he is going or what time it is), the only other one was a deep 1 on 1 where he contests the reception, those plays are 50-50 deals, some times you get them some times they go for dramatic completions.

Lestat
05-04-2012, 08:30 PM
the only real problem i see is his issues with tracking the ball. he's in position, physical, fights the receiver well and if healthy will be a player.

Mogulseeker
05-04-2012, 08:38 PM
the only real problem i see is his issues with tracking the ball. he's in position, physical, fights the receiver well and if healthy will be a player.

Judging by that video: he's an athlete and can cover just about anybody... terrible ball skills.

barryr
05-04-2012, 08:41 PM
I think Bolden could be a good player. It's the missing much of 2 seasons in college I worry about with him. He can't help you in street clothes on the sidelines.

jutang
05-04-2012, 09:35 PM
eh--- I'm used to seeing that from Goodman anyways.
Not a great game by him but not Roc Alexander either.

Lestat
05-04-2012, 09:40 PM
eh--- I'm used to seeing that from Goodman anyways.
Not a great game by him but not Roc Alexander either.

damn, now there's a name i hadn't thought about in years.

Bigdawg26
05-04-2012, 10:05 PM
Yeah kinda like Kevin Kasper and Chris Cole!

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 10:40 PM
I don't think anybody forgot about Kevin Kasper.

Mogulseeker
05-04-2012, 10:42 PM

That's a shame. He reminded me of Ed McCaffery.

Lestat
05-04-2012, 10:52 PM
That's a shame. He reminded me of Ed McCaffery.

how? he was closer to Tim Dwight if anything. especially the hair.
but hell if we're gonna bring up old school training camp studs.
Muneer Moore... that is all.

errand
05-04-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't see any problem there, on the long post route completion the free safety ****s the bed (you can tell number 9 doesn't know where he is going or what time it is), the only other one was a deep 1 on 1 where he contests the reception, those plays are 50-50 deals, some times you get them some times they go for dramatic completions.

Exactly.... That's like saying rodney harrison sucks because david tyree caught a ****in pass against his helmet in the superbowl

Anikai
05-04-2012, 11:28 PM
Im going to wait to judge him until I see if he's friends with Jack Elway.

Hulamau
05-04-2012, 11:40 PM
not impressed, and this was before his ACL injury.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/56ffY6_4U9k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/56ffY6_4U9k?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I thank the heavens above that anyone who would judge a college player's potential in the NFL by ONE game a year and half ago has ZERO to do with real world Dove Valley FO decisions!!! :)

SouthStndJunkie
05-04-2012, 11:40 PM
how? he was closer to Tim Dwight if anything. especially the hair.
but hell if we're gonna bring up old school training camp studs.
Muneer Moore... that is all.

Meh....he's no Adrian Madise.

Agamemnon
05-05-2012, 01:14 AM
He was generally in good position and things just didn't go his way. I don't generally blame a corner who has good coverage when a receiver makes a play. That's just part of the game. Besides, he's a fourth rounder, so what are you expecting? Deion highlights?

SoCalBronco
05-05-2012, 01:18 AM

I remember when Mock used to call him "the great white hope who shaves his balls". Fun times.

Chris
05-05-2012, 02:36 AM
damn, now there's a name i hadn't thought about in years.

EVERY DAY.

seriously EVERY DAY. ;(

bowtown
05-05-2012, 09:58 AM
Omar Mother****ing Bolden

oubronco
05-05-2012, 02:37 PM
Not to impressive

Requiem
05-05-2012, 02:48 PM
Bolden might have been worth a fourth round pick last year, but he decided to be cool, tear up his knee and go Cromartie style into the NFL. I'm sorry, but this was another terrible selection. I think he is physical and eventually could hold up outside, but there were better corners available and the fact that we took one a year removed from football due to injury that high was pretty maddening. Oh well.

CEH
05-05-2012, 03:16 PM
AT 1:19 and 1:49 Seems like his ball awareness needs work. He was in perfect inside position all the way and then didn't turn in time to make the play and let the WR come back and out jump him for the ball

Lestat
05-05-2012, 03:34 PM
Meh....he's no Adrian Madise.

yes but Travis McGriff trumps even him.

Hamrob
05-05-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm not thrilled with this pick. He seems squaty. He has poor ball skills, and even worse tackling skills. How many run longs did he get taken out of? Pathetic. He won't be able to play on the outside. He was drafted to play the nickle.

kappys
05-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I'm not thrilled with this pick. He seems squaty. He has poor ball skills, and even worse tackling skills. How many run longs did he get taken out of? Pathetic. He won't be able to play on the outside. He was drafted to play the nickle.

I think he was drafted to shadow tight ends. I too am skeptical of his ability to become a major factor at CB but if he can be a Sam Brandon type player that can handle the many "tweener" TE's that are proliferating in the league then I think he'll be well worth it relative to his draft position.

SoCalBronco
05-05-2012, 10:52 PM
yes but Travis McGriff trumps even him.

http://extras.denverpost.com/broncos/mailbag0907.gif

"Thanks for your question, Steve. The Broncos believe they found a diamond in the rough in Muneer Moore. He has the makings of a superstar. The rose water at Felipe's is amazingly refreshing and the pear scones are to die for".

Broncos_OTM
05-06-2012, 12:26 AM
bad ball skills, poor timing on his jumps, can't play inside,injuries, I'm OK with him not making theme squad if someone is better. wonder if he could play safety.

Lestat
05-06-2012, 02:26 PM
http://extras.denverpost.com/broncos/mailbag0907.gif

"Thanks for your question, Steve. The Broncos believe they found a diamond in the rough in Muneer Moore. He has the makings of a superstar. The rose water at Felipe's is amazingly refreshing and the pear scones are to die for".

i already mentioned Muneer Moore. the only one who wasn't mentioned yet by anyone has been Herb Haygood i think.

as far as Bolden goes. i don't think he's poor at tackling. he's got issues with taking the proper angle. when he tackles they tend to go down.
we just have to get him to improve his ball skills and to take better angles when tackling outside.

as a 4th round pick if he's the nickle that's a win. if he can be a starter or better then that's great evaluation by the staff and good development by the coaches.

gyldenlove
05-06-2012, 03:10 PM
I will have go find more film of him to settle this.

DarkHorse
05-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Lenny Walls tracked the ball better than this guy. We're in trouble.