PDA

View Full Version : Diablo 3 [PC/MAC] anyone playing it OT

KevinJames
05-04-2012, 03:20 PM
http://diablo.incgamers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/d3presale_small.jpg

Since its off-season mode thought I'd see whos playing this come May 15th. Anyone grabbing a copy of Diablo 3? If so what class you going with? I usually don't like these kind of games but I played the open beta weekend they had last week and I loved it I am sold. I was surprised my computer ran it smooth.

but I am not sure what class to play.

Willynowei
05-04-2012, 03:26 PM

Since its off-season mode thought I'd see whos playing this come May 15th. Anyone grabbing a copy of Diablo 3? If so what class you going with? I usually don't like these kind of games but I played the open beta weekend they had last week and I loved it I am sold. I was surprised my computer ran it smooth.

I thought they are testing the game still?

Lol blizzard actually releases a game on time

snowspot66
05-04-2012, 05:01 PM
The 15th is a hard date. No pushing it back anymore. I'll be playing.

extralife
05-04-2012, 05:03 PM
gonna play 'til my hands bleed

rmsanger
05-04-2012, 05:15 PM
all over this like kate Upton's ( * Y * )

RubberDuckie24
05-04-2012, 06:46 PM
Awesome to see fellow OM'ers into D3. Will be getting to lvl 10 asap, then doing HC starting with a Barbarian.

Anyone else doing HC? It's going to be sweet with no more PKing or BS ways to get someone killed. Also no real money house auction in HC... that's a plus IMO. No easy way to walk through it.

RubberDuckie24
05-04-2012, 06:48 PM

What video card do you have? I'm curious because I'm getting a laptop with a so-so gaming card, so it's gonna be a matter of what graphics setting I can run it at smoothly.

snowspot66
05-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Awesome to see fellow OM'ers into D3. Will be getting to lvl 10 asap, then doing HC starting with a Barbarian.

Anyone else doing HC? It's going to be sweet with no more PKing or BS ways to get someone killed. Also no real money house auction in HC... that's a plus IMO. No easy way to walk through it.

One of the developers was asked if Inferno difficulty was beatable with a HC character. They said no.

No HC for me.

Navy Broncos Fan
05-04-2012, 07:16 PM
I haven't decided yet. Long time WoW player and returning from deployment on the 11th, so I might get it but a couple weeks late. Have to see.

Broncos4tw
05-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Paid for it a couple weeks back, so definitely playing on release day. :yayaya:

Liking the monk - kind of weird to fight with your fists.. while holding a weapon though. I might try the witch doctor, since I never really did get into the necro in the last game. And the wizard, for sure. And the barbarian is a no-brainer.. um.. as is the sorcerer. Dammit.. I have no idea which I will level up first.

maher_tyler
05-04-2012, 07:53 PM

I pre-ordered it but need a computer to play it on since my wife spilled a glass of water on mine

Broncobiv
05-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Diablo was great back in the 90's, played it a ton. Then when D2 came out, I honestly played it damn near every day for 3 years. In college, went to class, played through the night, and went to class the next day. Took a little break when I went to Austrailia for 6 months, and then was re-addicted for another 2 years or so. I loved, LOVED the game!! D2 has to be one of the greatest video games in history.

I doubt I'll get D3 though. I know what it will do to my life...work, game, sleep, repeat. For the next few years? I doubt my wife will appreciate that!

ColoradoDarin
05-05-2012, 05:26 PM
Already pre-ordered. And bought a computer a month ago that would actually run it (was over due on an upgraded machine anyways). Had an awesome barbarian in D2, but will probably try out a witch doctor or sorcerer first.

DenverBound
05-05-2012, 06:31 PM
http://http://minus.com/msfMsObHm

Doggcow
05-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I want to but I doubt I'll have a chance to buy a new computer by then :\

Doggcow
05-05-2012, 06:40 PM
Diablo was great back in the 90's, played it a ton. Then when D2 came out, I honestly played it damn near every day for 3 years. In college, went to class, played through the night, and went to class the next day. Took a little break when I went to Austrailia for 6 months, and then was re-addicted for another 2 years or so. I loved, LOVED the game!! D2 has to be one of the greatest video games in history.

I doubt I'll get D3 though. I know what it will do to my life...work, game, sleep, repeat. For the next few years? I doubt my wife will appreciate that!

Same boat. My girlfriend is already preparing for Football Season. I doubt D3 would go over well starting this week, and with that :P

Denv3Gamer
05-16-2012, 12:42 AM
btw There is a walkthrough for Diablo III here if anyone needs one:
Diablo 3 Walkthrough (http://www.rarityguide.com/articles/articles/2144/1/Diablo-3-Walkthrough-Part-1-The-Fallen-Star/Page1.html)

What class are you guys playing?

I'm trying the Demon Hunter

ColoradoDarin
05-16-2012, 06:48 AM
Mine's arriving today (UPS out for delivery)!

Agamemnon
05-16-2012, 06:50 AM
I was kind of excited about this game...three years ago...

maher_tyler
05-16-2012, 07:20 AM
Tried playing last night..couldn't get on battle.net. It runs on my wifes lap top but kinda laggy. We'll see if changing the video settings helps out with that later on today. Game looks bad ass though. I went with a Barbarian to start out. Later on once i get used to the game i'll try out the Demon Hunter.

McDman
05-16-2012, 12:44 PM

Literally none of that made sense to me.

What is HCing?

Is Diablo like Baldur's Gate? I used to rock that game back in the day.

Broncos4tw
05-16-2012, 01:18 PM
HC = hardcore, available once you reach level 10. In HC, if you die, you are dead, for good.

TheReverend
05-16-2012, 01:23 PM
Leveling a Barb named Drogo atm lol

Fedaykin
05-16-2012, 01:47 PM
Is Diablo like Baldur's Gate? I used to rock that game back in the day.

It's kind of like a pale imitation of Baldur's Gate.

It's mostly hack and slash instead of story based. 3 is better, but Blizzard are being psychotic and requiring you to log in to their servers (which they are being hilariously inept at keeping up) in order to play a single player game and I'm not a big fan of renting software and being at the whim of a server existing somewhere so they won't be receiving my hard earned money.

Taco John
05-17-2012, 10:18 AM
Leveling a Barb named Drogo atm lol

Cool! I'm the Demon Hunter named Tyrion. Pretty sure I'm the only one. Say hi if you run into me.

TheReverend
05-17-2012, 08:20 PM
My tags Rev#1421 if anyone wants to BS around

Rolandftw
05-17-2012, 09:00 PM
Wish my mac had the ability to run this

Edit: Guess it does, but it fits within the "low performance" category. Going to guess that makes it not worth it

Mat'hir Uth Gan
05-17-2012, 09:18 PM
Played the first two, so I picked up this one as well. Really enjoying it so far. I've got two Wizards, both level 13. One HC, one normal. I try and do an area on normal first, feel it out, and then move my HC guy through.

I really like the perma-death fear of HC mode. I actually had my first HC wizard die at level 11, I got completely destroyed by a yellow tree encounter in the forest. Old Man or something like that. Popped a chest, like 10 trees spawned, got rooted, and that was that. My Templar companion died in 5 seconds. We'll see how far I can make it this time around. Great game though, can see myself playing this for a long time.

KevinJames
05-18-2012, 06:25 PM

Edit: Guess it does, but it fits within the "low performance" category. Going to guess that makes it not worth it

what kinda mac, whats your spec I got a Mac Book Pro and I run it just fine.

maher_tyler
05-18-2012, 08:34 PM

Meh...my wifes laptop is a pile and runs it ok...i'm running on low on pretty much everything..it works pretty good. If you don't lower the settings its pretty laggy.

maher_tyler
05-18-2012, 08:36 PM
It's kind of like a pale imitation of Baldur's Gate.

It's mostly hack and slash instead of story based. 3 is better, but Blizzard are being psychotic and requiring you to log in to their servers (which they are being hilariously inept at keeping up) in order to play a single player game and I'm not a big fan of renting software and being at the whim of a server existing somewhere so they won't be receiving my hard earned money.

Not a fan of it but its worth it to play a quality game...thats what i love about Blizzard, you know you're getting a good game.

Doggcow
05-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Not a fan of it but its worth it to play a quality game...thats what i love about Blizzard, you know you're getting a good game.

Plus in like a week, server issues will be non-existant I expect.

But to complain just to complain was worth it I guess :D

Agamemnon
05-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Plus in like a week, server issues will be non-existant I expect.

But to complain just to complain was worth it I guess :D

Looking at the chatter on gaming sites there is a loud minority of players who wouldn't have been happy with the game even if it had come with a Ferrari and unlimited BJ's from:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-jsxcPQVIick/TnOSW0ijNYI/AAAAAAAAAFk/uqUfaVze3v4/s1600/6.jpg

Ratboy
05-19-2012, 06:11 AM
unkopantsu#1891

Playing as a Monk. I was hesitant to buy the game, but I am glad I did. I enjoy it a lot.

Rolandftw
05-19-2012, 09:41 AM
what kinda mac, whats your spec I got a Mac Book Pro and I run it just fine.

Aluminum MacBook 2008
2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

I've read on the Diablo support forums that the graphic card that I have in particular is basically not runnable as you progress on the game. All the other specs are probably okay, and maybe some day they'll make the game more runnable for it

Taco John
05-19-2012, 09:43 AM
Ugh. My plan was to play Diablo 3 all last night - I ended up laddering on Starcraft II instead. Effing protoss I hate you so bad!!

Fedaykin
05-19-2012, 01:51 PM

They haven't produced anything but retreads since they were purchased by Activision.

Re-skinning old hit games and selling them again doesn't impress me. Activision desperately wants the 'Madden model' for as many games as possible.

maher_tyler
05-19-2012, 02:21 PM
They haven't produced anything but retreads since they were purchased by Activision.

Re-skinning old hit games and selling them again doesn't impress me. Activision desperately wants the 'Madden model' for as many games as possible.

Madden should never be mentioned in the same sentence as D3 or SC2...

Flex Gunmetal
05-19-2012, 02:22 PM
Stay a while, and listen!

I got it the other day, still not sure if it was worth it. Tried the 1st portion with a few classes, monk seems to the fastest and most fun. Exploding toads are lulz tho.

teknic
05-19-2012, 03:36 PM
I played the first two games a lot, so I picked this up on Tuesday. Haven't had a chance to play it until this afternoon, enjoying it so far.

teknic#1780

KevinJames
05-19-2012, 05:44 PM
Aluminum MacBook 2008
2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.3

I've read on the Diablo support forums that the graphic card that I have in particular is basically not runnable as you progress on the game. All the other specs are probably okay, and maybe some day they'll make the game more runnable for it
Well your card is supported and listed in the same category mine is http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo

you can run it just probably on low settings or maybe even high with no shadows but honestly the game isn't really graphic intensive I run it smooth I played through the entire game on normal in nightmare now and I haven't had a problem with performance issues.

my graphics chip in my macbook pro is a Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics.

http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo;jsessionid=2C799C4F39F843395954DC 3BD2B044EF.blade36_06_bnet-support

you should be able to play it with no problem 2 GB ram is fine for Diablo 3.

Activision is just a co-publisher to get their money off of Blizzard games, Blizzard still develops their own games with the same employees.

its really not even true this is far from re-skinning old hit games.

the mechanics and everything are way better than previous Diablo games, this is such a polished title they cut the fat and I think its going to be enjoyable for a long time.

Blizzard really got this right.

Agamemnon
05-20-2012, 12:22 PM

And you think a seven year development cycle fits the 'Madden Model'? Okay...

maher_tyler
05-20-2012, 01:19 PM
And you think a seven year development cycle fits the 'Madden Model'? Okay...

Can't please them all i guess...

Taco John
05-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Played it for hours last night. Loved it. I love how Blizzard will take a successful formula, and build on the platform rather than changing it into something else. There's a game called Stronghold that I love - but when Stronghold 2 came out, they changed it into this 3D piece of crap - unplayable. Blizzard takes a hit, and keeps the formula for what made it a hit, but adds to the gameplay.

They didn't go as far as I'd like though. I don't like that I can't check out other characters. My buddy from college and I played it for hours last night, and there was no way I could inspect his character. Here we have these characters we can build, and our buddies can't check out how we're building them? Seems like a gaffe in the age of social gaming/media. But still, the gameplay is awesome, and we had a blast. Hard to complain too much.

Broncos4tw
05-20-2012, 05:33 PM

Eh?

Blizzard pretty much created the standard AND the first real version of both the RTS and the action RPG. They reinvented the MMO. I agree that Activision hasn't helped them, but they still produce amazingly well-polished games.

People are still playing D2. So a vastly improved version of D2 is a welcome things. I was thrilled, and am loving it so far, although it can use some tweaks. Still.. loads of fun.

KevinJames
05-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Played it for hours last night. Loved it. I love how Blizzard will take a successful formula, and build on the platform rather than changing it into something else. There's a game called Stronghold that I love - but when Stronghold 2 came out, they changed it into this 3D piece of crap - unplayable. Blizzard takes a hit, and keeps the formula for what made it a hit, but adds to the gameplay.

They didn't go as far as I'd like though. I don't like that I can't check out other characters. My buddy from college and I played it for hours last night, and there was no way I could inspect his character. Here we have these characters we can build, and our buddies can't check out how we're building them? Seems like a gaffe in the age of social gaming/media. But still, the gameplay is awesome, and we had a blast. Hard to complain too much.

you can just invite them to your game and right click their portrait in co-op and inspect them

DenverBrit
05-20-2012, 08:23 PM
I remember the original....and apparently, so do others.

User Score
4.0 out of 10 Generally unfavorable based on 3733

Ratings User score distribution:

Positive: 1,321 out of 3733
Mixed: 166 out of 3733
Negative: 2,246 out of 3733

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/diablo-iii/user-reviews?dist=negative

What's your take so far?

Taco John
05-20-2012, 08:41 PM
you can just invite them to your game and right click their portrait in co-op and inspect them

in game?

Taco John
05-20-2012, 08:50 PM

What's your take so far?

Wow, a 4? That's harsh. I don't get that. I mean - it's Diablo. It plays like you would expect a new age Diablo to play. I wouldn't go lower than a 7. The game play is just as enjoyable as any other Diablo - and I'd say even more so with things like zoom play, and environment deaths.

DenverBrit
05-20-2012, 08:56 PM
Wow, a 4? That's harsh. I don't get that. I mean - it's Diablo. It plays like you would expect a new age Diablo to play. I wouldn't go lower than a 7. The game play is just as enjoyable as any other Diablo - and I'd say even more so with things like zoom play, and environment deaths.

I hadn't seen it, and I was surprised by so many negative ratings. Is Meta a good source?

maher_tyler
05-20-2012, 08:58 PM

What's your take so far?

Not sure where the 4 is coming from...this is a great game! I'd give it a 8.5...

Flex Gunmetal
05-20-2012, 09:14 PM
I hadn't seen it, and I was surprised by so many negative ratings. Is Meta a good source?

No, user ratings are out of control.
Theyre so low for D3 cause a bunch if angry crybabies rated it zero when they couldn't log in on day 1.
Don't take that score seriously.

Taco John
05-20-2012, 09:14 PM

No idea. I can't take it seriously giving Diablo 3 a score that low.

Kaylore
05-20-2012, 09:57 PM
No idea. I can't take it seriously giving Diablo 3 a score that low.

Metacritic is totally worthless for video game rating. Basically fanboys downvote every game with a "1" rating when there's anything they hate about it.

ColoradoDarin
05-21-2012, 12:11 PM
This game rocks so much. My Demon Hunter is up to level 30 and kicking ass in Act 4. The only boss I had trouble with was Belial (due to the lack of running around area, DH need a bit more space to operate). My only complaint of the game is that I wish you can save the game when you teleport back to the towns and not only at their designated checkpoints.

TheReverend
05-21-2012, 02:13 PM
Really wish I'd had time to play over the last week but it just hasn't been there :/

Agamemnon
05-21-2012, 07:03 PM

They changed certain core mechanics and therefore enraged all the Diablo 2 fanboys who basically just wanted Diablo 2 with better graphics. It's really that simple.

WABronco
05-21-2012, 08:21 PM
This game rocks so much. My Demon Hunter is up to level 30 and kicking ass in Act 4. The only boss I had trouble with was Belial (due to the lack of running around area, DH need a bit more space to operate). My only complaint of the game is that I wish you can save the game when you teleport back to the towns and not only at their designated checkpoints.

The first playthrough was a joke. Sure it was fun but like you said the only difficult boss in the game was Belial.

Gee, sure hope the replay value is at least adequate...

(PS this is my first diablo experience do not rape me fanboys)

ColoradoDarin
05-21-2012, 09:11 PM
The first playthrough was a joke. Sure it was fun but like you said the only difficult boss in the game was Belial.

Yeah, Diablo was pretty easy to beat (easier than I remember him being in Diablo 2 normal level). Since you're new to the franchise, you have to beat the normal level to unlock the next one, and ditto the following one (two? I haven't looked at how many difficulty levels there are in total), it's built for replaying. And apparently, they made the hardest level impossible to beat.

ColoradoDarin
05-21-2012, 09:12 PM
Darin#1687

KevinJames
05-21-2012, 09:16 PM

What's your take so far?

Great 9/10

btw metacritic is a horrible site for user reviews

Normal mode is supposed to be easy.

next up nightmare cranks up a bit, then hell which is really hard, and at lvl 60 inferno which is meant to be the hardest to beat.

Broncobiv
05-21-2012, 09:42 PM
I haven't purchased D3, but if the overall idea is the same as D2 (which I LOVED, by the way), then "beating" it 3 times up through Hell difficulty really isn't even the point. The best part of the game is finding sweet loot! All of the unique items, some ridiculously hard to find, and magics/rares with awesome random stats make the game worthwhile. After I would "beat" it with any given character, that was only like 10% of my time playing. Treasure hunting the most lucrative areas over and over and over and over, while sounding monotonous, was the most fun part! Hopefully D3 is the same!

KevinJames
05-21-2012, 10:09 PM
I haven't purchased D3, but if the overall idea is the same as D2 (which I LOVED, by the way), then "beating" it 3 times up through Hell difficulty really isn't even the point. The best part of the game is finding sweet loot! All of the unique items, some ridiculously hard to find, and magics/rares with awesome random stats make the game worthwhile. After I would "beat" it with any given character, that was only like 10% of my time playing. Treasure hunting the most lucrative areas over and over and over and over, while sounding monotonous, was the most fun part! Hopefully D3 is the same!

it definitely is and they added another difficulty after hell that you cant access till you hit max level (60)

Inferno is unlocked after reaching lvl 60 and beating Hell. Enemies get tougher and gain more abilities and the gear is amazing looking there are tier armor sets 16 for each class I think.

Broncobiv
05-21-2012, 10:50 PM
Seriously, was there anything better in D2 than killing a monster like Pindle or Baal, looking on the ground and seeing an item like "Diadem", "Hydra Bow", "Unearthed Wand", or "Sacred Armor".....and the lettering was GOLD!?! Yikes!

55CrushEm
05-22-2012, 08:04 AM

Yeah....I'm stuck on Belial right now.....just can't beat him. Tried about 10 times already. Apparently, I have to get help (have a couple players join me).

Any tips?

ColoradoDarin
05-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Yeah....I'm stuck on Belial right now.....just can't beat him. Tried about 10 times already. Apparently, I have to get help (have a couple players join me).

Any tips?

Depends on what class you are. With DH, I had to just smoke screen/shoot-shoot-shoot/smoke screen/shoot-shoot-shoot/avoid/avoid/avoid/run around until discipline returns/shoot-shoot-shoot - and repeat until he dies. it took a long time and most of it you're just running back and forth avoiding the poison.

and I'd be happy to help smack him around too :)

55CrushEm
05-22-2012, 08:30 AM
Depends on what class you are. With DH, I had to just smoke screen/shoot-shoot-shoot/smoke screen/shoot-shoot-shoot/avoid/avoid/avoid/run around until discipline returns/shoot-shoot-shoot - and repeat until he dies. it took a long time and most of it you're just running back and forth avoiding the poison.

and I'd be happy to help smack him around too :)

I'll just have to keep trying......

Initially when he's just slamming a "crab claw" down 1 at a time....you know where it's going to land....because there is 1 poison spot, and it comes down on that spot.

But then there are poison circles EVERYWHERE.....and I just can't avoid them.....****ed up.

Kaylore
05-22-2012, 08:56 AM
This is already beat? I'm glad I didn't put money down on this. I'm not real thrilled with short games. I think I'll go play Assassin's creed Revelations. It's going used on Amazon for 20 bucks...

maher_tyler
05-22-2012, 09:07 AM

You can also put said loot up for auction and get actual money for it through pay pal :thumbsup:

maher_tyler
05-22-2012, 09:14 AM
This is already beat? I'm glad I didn't put money down on this. I'm not real thrilled with short games. I think I'll go play Assassin's creed Revelations. It's going used on Amazon for 20 bucks...

Inferno is suppose to be ridiculously hard...i don't think anyone has beat the game yet...

Broncos4tw
05-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Your Joe Casual gamer has not beat inferno. The only teams that have beat it are basically your paid teams. I think one guy did group it, and solo'd inferno Diablo, but he basically corpse-chained his way there to win. No NORMAL player (i.e. you are not playing it 20 hours a day) is going to do that. Even nightmare is a nice crank up in difficulty for your average gamer. Resists go up for champions, down for you, etc.

My DM got beat by Belial as well. Then I thought about it.. and changed a few runes out.. and beat him. That's what it neat about this game.. you can change your skills on the fly. Change your skills to meet the demands of that fight, and suddenly, it's a lot easier. You still want to kill him dead as fast as possible. :~ohyah!:

55CrushEm
05-22-2012, 09:34 AM
Your Joe Casual gamer has not beat inferno. The only teams that have beat it are basically your paid teams. I think one guy did group it, and solo'd inferno Diablo, but he basically corpse-chained his way there to win. No NORMAL player (i.e. you are not playing it 20 hours a day) is going to do that. Even nightmare is a nice crank up in difficulty for your average gamer. Resists go up for champions, down for you, etc.

My DM got beat by Belial as well. Then I thought about it.. and changed a few runes out.. and beat him. That's what it neat about this game.. you can change your skills on the fly. Change your skills to meet the demands of that fight, and suddenly, it's a lot easier. You still want to kill him dead as fast as possible. :~ohyah!:

So the 4 levels are Normal, Nightmare, Hell and Inferno.

At which of these does your dead character NOT come back? I.e. when is he dead for good (no resurrection)? Is it only in Inferno? Or does that start with Nightmare?

Broncos4tw
05-22-2012, 10:12 AM
That is a different mode: hardcore. Once you get any character to level 10, you have the option to create a new character using the hardcore setting. There are different achievements, looks, gear for hardcore - but it's a pain. One bit of lag, and your level 55 whatever is gone.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:44 PM

A week later. Very few game campaigns last more than a day or two with dedicated gamers.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:46 PM
That is a different mode: hardcore. Once you get any character to level 10, you have the option to create a new character using the hardcore setting. There are different achievements, looks, gear for hardcore - but it's a pain. One bit of lag, and your level 55 whatever is gone.

Is there lag even when playing single player? If so, that's ridiculous...

UberBroncoMan
05-22-2012, 01:51 PM
Is there lag even when playing single player? If so, that's ridiculous...

The game is entirely online...so yeah.

Agamemnon
05-22-2012, 01:53 PM
The game is entirely online...so yeah.

With dedicated servers you would hope that lag would be virtually nonexistent though. I'm starting to regret that my gaming computer is broken less and less when it comes to this game.

Broncos4tw
05-22-2012, 02:13 PM
It depends on your setup really. So far, I've only had nasty lag once, and I didn't die because of it. This is the first week of their new game - I imagine they will iron out server stability as the game goes on. Online is nice because it nullifies all the rampant cheating you saw in the previous games. Of course, they are in it for the money.. the real money auction house that is.. but you could make a few bucks yourself, if you find a few nice things and decide to sell them.

ColoradoDarin
05-24-2012, 07:27 PM
Seriously, was there anything better in D2 than killing a monster like Pindle or Baal, looking on the ground and seeing an item like "Diadem", "Hydra Bow", "Unearthed Wand", or "Sacred Armor".....and the lettering was GOLD!?! Yikes!

Found an ORANGE! today, makes the Gold letter items look like Blue :)

And Nightmare is significantly harder already (it's like Kaylore doesn't enjoy regular season football after watching Preseason....), I'm having to hit & run almost all mobs now instead of just smoke/kill.

Rabb
06-12-2012, 11:38 AM
I never played the others but my daughter talked me into this one to play with her, add me if you like, I am a low level With Doctor but having a blast with this so far

omgitsrabb#1863

Denv3Gamer
06-15-2012, 03:10 AM
btw for those working on the random dungeons acheivements, there is a list here:

Diablo III Random Dungeons (http://orcz.com/Diablo_3:_Random_Dungeon)

That One Guy
06-15-2012, 05:32 PM
So I'm calling for help... anyone rocking and able to exist in act II of inferno? I've stopped by a couple random games to compare and my guy destroys those I'm seeing but it's still like 5 seconds of fighting in act II and I'm dead. This is after being able to take the Butcher face to face and killed him with no problem. I literally stood in his face and stabbed him til he died. Then... 10 minutes later... can't exist for a few seconds.

That One Guy
06-15-2012, 05:34 PM
By the way.. yeah.. this online stuff is BS. When I'm fighting a crowd of elites by myself and the game lags for a second (particularly those guys with the big hammer that do the windup and kill you in one hit if they catch you) and I shoot back across the screen and end up dead, I want to crush my f'ing mouse.

Broncobiv
06-15-2012, 09:41 PM
So I'm calling for help... anyone rocking and able to exist in act II of inferno? I've stopped by a couple random games to compare and my guy destroys those I'm seeing but it's still like 5 seconds of fighting in act II and I'm dead. This is after being able to take the Butcher face to face and killed him with no problem. I literally stood in his face and stabbed him til he died. Then... 10 minutes later... can't exist for a few seconds.
They brought back the Butcher from Diablo 1? Awesome!!

That One Guy
06-15-2012, 10:57 PM
They brought back the Butcher from Diablo 1? Awesome!!

Never played D1 but there's definitely a Butcher in this game as the 1st chapter boss.

Broncobiv
06-15-2012, 11:12 PM
Never played D1 but there's definitely a Butcher in this game as the 1st chapter boss.

Yeah, he was the first man boss you would face. When you killed him, he dropped a unique weapon, the "Butcher's Cleaver". Actually it was random (50/50) that in your particular game, you would see either the Butcher or...someone else that I can't remember right now. I think, lol. It's been a really long time since I've played D1.

snowspot66
06-16-2012, 12:40 AM

What class are you?

Dexter
06-16-2012, 02:28 AM
I've made it past act 2 on inferno with a Barbarian. Basically had to stack the hell out of resists, hp, and armor.

I've got like 1100 physical resist, 900+ rest of the resists. But its basically turned my guy into a one dimensional shield/one hander character that takes forever to kill anything. Inferno as is in act 2 and up is pretty stupid. I've lost motivation to play, because blizzard needs to learn how to make a game difficult without making a monster hit you for half your life. So basically, I have to farm millions of gold to make my character one dimensional to be viable in act 3 and 4. No thanks, not worth my time really.

So here I am leveling up other characters and playing other games.

If you can't do **** in act 2 as a monk or barb in inferno, get resist gear, but at the same time you're definitely not alone, so don't feel bad. If you're a wizard, witchdoctor or demon hunter, get attack speed and insane dps gear and kite like your life depends on it.

ColoradoDarin
06-16-2012, 07:46 AM
I've made it past act 2 on inferno with a Barbarian. Basically had to stack the hell out of resists, hp, and armor.

I've got like 1100 physical resist, 900+ rest of the resists. But its basically turned my guy into a one dimensional shield/one hander character that takes forever to kill anything. Inferno as is in act 2 and up is pretty stupid. I've lost motivation to play, because blizzard needs to learn how to make a game difficult without making a monster hit you for half your life. So basically, I have to farm millions of gold to make my character one dimensional to be viable in act 3 and 4. No thanks, not worth my time really.

If you can't do **** in act 2 as a monk or barb in inferno, get resist gear, but at the same time you're definitely not alone, so don't feel bad. If you're a wizard, witchdoctor or demon hunter, get attack speed and insane dps gear and kite like your life depends on it.

Yeah after a month of playing, I'm really about finished the game - they designed it to not be beatable without a group (and the whole have to be online to play a single player game is stupid). D2 was so much better. I'll still probably fart around with different characters for a little while at least until Torchlight 2 (http://www.torchlight2game.com/) comes out. Apparently Torchlight is where a lot of the development guys from D2 went.

ColoradoDarin
06-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Yeah, he was the first man boss you would face. When you killed him, he dropped a unique weapon, the "Butcher's Cleaver". Actually it was random (50/50) that in your particular game, you would see either the Butcher or...someone else that I can't remember right now. I think, lol. It's been a really long time since I've played D1.

Funny, I just found a "Butcher's Cleaver" in Act 3 NM level on a random weapon rack.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 10:09 AM

Ahh... that makes sense. I'm a barbarian but I haven't put enough into the resists, I don't think. I'm between 200 and 300 on each of the resists as I kept my attack up (~16k still) while raising my armor (~10k). For most of Act I, I was able to go through with a 2 handed weapon so I was around 22k attack with only 6k armor and life was good. I went down to where I'm at now and can exist until the elites come into the picture. Then I die quickly, again.

I'll see what I can do to get my resists up but 1000+ seems insanely high. I don't even want to know how much that'd cost. Since I'm skating through act I easily now, I was also thinking about loading up on magic find items and farming act I until a couple mil gold then I can invest in a top tier item or two. I'll have a farming outfit and a real fighting outfit eventually.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 10:20 AM
By the way, FatNHappy#1729 if anyone needs help or wants to goof around.

I'll probably be starting a new character next week after finals with a buddy, also, if anyone's feeling up to a new runthrough.

Dexter
06-16-2012, 11:31 AM
Ahh... that makes sense. I'm a barbarian but I haven't put enough into the resists, I don't think. I'm between 200 and 300 on each of the resists as I kept my attack up (~16k still) while raising my armor (~10k). For most of Act I, I was able to go through with a 2 handed weapon so I was around 22k attack with only 6k armor and life was good. I went down to where I'm at now and can exist until the elites come into the picture. Then I die quickly, again.

I'll see what I can do to get my resists up but 1000+ seems insanely high. I don't even want to know how much that'd cost. Since I'm skating through act I easily now, I was also thinking about loading up on magic find items and farming act I until a couple mil gold then I can invest in a top tier item or two. I'll have a farming outfit and a real fighting outfit eventually.

It wasn't TOO bad, Most of my items I got bargain hunting on the AH searching for +40 physical resist, +50 resist all, and either Vitality or STR. Usually spent around 150-400k on each piece. If you need a good shield, I can actually give you an awesome one that should help too, if you're going to play with a 1 hander.

I spent 1.5 mil on a shield (which was fairly unnecessary and stupid), and around 1 mil on a helm. I'll add you.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 11:46 AM
It wasn't TOO bad, Most of my items I got bargain hunting on the AH searching for +40 physical resist, +50 resist all, and either Vitality or STR. Usually spent around 150-400k on each piece. If you need a good shield, I can actually give you an awesome one that should help too, if you're going to play with a 1 hander.

I spent 1.5 mil on a shield (which was fairly unnecessary and stupid), and around 1 mil on a helm. I'll add you.

Awesome, man. Take a look and give me any pointers on my gear, as well. My brother (who I had been playing with) just went to Afghanistan this week so if he's able to get up from there, the hope is that I'll do some tanking and he can provide some ranged attack. He said he was stuck in Act II before I got here so I imagine we've hit the same wall. Defensive tools are where it's gonna be from here on out, I think.

teknic
06-16-2012, 01:20 PM
Yeah after a month of playing, I'm really about finished the game - they designed it to not be beatable without a group (and the whole have to be online to play a single player game is stupid). D2 was so much better. I'll still probably fart around with different characters for a little while at least until Torchlight 2 (http://www.torchlight2game.com/) comes out. Apparently Torchlight is where a lot of the development guys from D2 went.

I've only spent about 250k on my gear for my WD, and I can solo inferno without much issue (though some of those uniques have brutal combinations like vortex+arcane+invulnerable minions+shielding). The bigger problem for me is my computer. I can only play for about 30mins before it starts to run too hot and lag.

D3 is a solid game. If the pvp is decent, I'd put it above D2.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 05:21 PM
I've only spent about 250k on my gear for my WD, and I can solo inferno without much issue (though some of those uniques have brutal combinations like vortex+arcane+invulnerable minions+shielding). The bigger problem for me is my computer. I can only play for about 30mins before it starts to run too hot and lag.

D3 is a solid game. If the pvp is decent, I'd put it above D2.

I take it that means laptop? Do you have a cooler? Those things make a WORLD of difference. If that doesn't work, the other option is a boxfan table. It sounds crazy but it'll keep a comp nice and cool.

If the problem is in a desktop... I'd think a fan blowing on it would work as well but I'd be curious if you're overclocking at that point.

Oh, and I'm not sure what a WD is but if you can do inferno with 250k in gear, I'm absolutely speechless.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 05:22 PM
Dexter gave me some advice and I'm back to playing well. I don't think I understood just how much difference ~120 extra all resist would do. Now I just need one of those 1100 DPS, 1.5 attacks per second weapons...

snowspot66
06-16-2012, 05:55 PM
Dexter gave me some advice and I'm back to playing well. I don't think I understood just how much difference ~120 extra all resist would do. Now I just need one of those 1100 DPS, 1.5 attacks per second weapons...

Resists are huge. By adding just a couple hundred in resist all I went from getting one shot by the Butcher (as a wizard) to being able to take 2 shots and change.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 06:40 PM
I'm not yet sure what I think of the fact that 99.9% of everything you find is utterly useless. You'd have to have WAYYYYY too much time in your life to go through the game on just found gear so you pretty much HAVE to use the auction house but, then, items get so absurdly expensive that it's as if there should be an exchange rate at work. You farm for an hour or two and you'll have a hundred thousand gold and that'll get you... pretty much nothing. I've spent a LOT of time buying and reselling gear to make gold (wasted some as well with dumb buys but even those playing with just found gold are going to do so) and I'm still nowhere near being able to get a truly elite weapon.

I appreciate the fact that the objects are sincerely rare so there's some excitement in every chest you open when you see yellow but, at the same time, I kinda wish there were benchmark gear spots as well so you could, if you wanted to, play the game through on your own. Maybe something where killing the first act boss gives you a set of gear that'll make you at least mildly competitive in the 2nd act.

That One Guy
06-16-2012, 06:45 PM
Resists are huge. By adding just a couple hundred in resist all I went from getting one shot by the Butcher (as a wizard) to being able to take 2 shots and change.

I was checking out the auction house and the all resist just pushes things through the roof on price. I had a solid socketed helmet and then Dexter gave me one that had no socket but high resist all. I have a 15% life stone in my helmet so needed the resist all and a socket. My new one had no vitality (my old one had like 110) and I think I took a drop in strength to get slightly more armor and all resist... and the helmet cost me a mil whereas my old will sell around 150k. It's just craziness.

teknic
06-16-2012, 09:52 PM
I take it that means laptop? Do you have a cooler? Those things make a WORLD of difference. If that doesn't work, the other option is a boxfan table. It sounds crazy but it'll keep a comp nice and cool.

If the problem is in a desktop... I'd think a fan blowing on it would work as well but I'd be curious if you're overclocking at that point.

Oh, and I'm not sure what a WD is but if you can do inferno with 250k in gear, I'm absolutely speechless.

WD is Witch Doctor. :)

I have a laptop, will be 4 years old this august. It had decent specs (2.0Ghz Quad core, 4gb ddr3, 1gb ATI 4670) at the time, but it can't keep up with D3. The game plays smoothly at reduced settings until my computer starts to overheat (think the bottleneck is the graphics card), at which point the game is unplayable. The issue with my laptop is that the heatsink was poorly designed, and the fan is undersized. It's kind of like a built in timer to tell me I've been playing too much!:rofl:

I've only killed the butcher in inferno so far, but I'm about to upgrade my gear for act 2. I have played the game mostly solo.

15k dps (1.8 attacks per second)
35k health
+800 life on hit
+600 all resists

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/witch-doctor#ZWkUSh!ZXV!abZccc

teknic#1780

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 08:25 AM

A couple mil in gold?? My god i don't even have $100k and i'm towards the end of act III

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 10:38 AM
A couple mil in gold?? My god i don't even have $100k and i'm towards the end of act III

I spend as much time playing Ebayer as I do playing the game recently. I do a lot of flipping and deal shopping. The game registers that I've found 2.something mil gold in total, I think, but in my items I paid 800k for an amulet, 800k for a shield I just bought yesterday, 1 mil for a helm, 500k for a weapon, etc.

I have a few secret items that I buy and flip and I probably made 1-1.5 mil this weekend. It does take a lot of time, though.

I did also find a pretty nifty bracer that I sold for 800k (I got 6something) so that's part of it, too. I don't sell much of what I find though. It's mostly just gold finds and flipping.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Oh, and as luck would have it, right after I got all my gear set up and ready to try it out... something's up with my computer and now two monsters coming into the screen lags it. I added a couple gigs of ram when I started the game so I'm at 3 now and unless those chips are gradually dying (I think RAM to be all or nothing, usually), I have to think it's something in my HD. It's definitely comp lag rather than connection lag so I'll see what I can come up with because I have a few tests this week and then I'm going hardcore for a month. I am vowing to beat inferno before fall classes.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 11:00 AM
I spend as much time playing Ebayer as I do playing the game recently. I do a lot of flipping and deal shopping. The game registers that I've found 2.something mil gold in total, I think, but in my items I paid 800k for an amulet, 800k for a shield I just bought yesterday, 1 mil for a helm, 500k for a weapon, etc.

I have a few secret items that I buy and flip and I probably made 1-1.5 mil this weekend. It does take a lot of time, though.

I did also find a pretty nifty bracer that I sold for 800k (I got 6something) so that's part of it, too. I don't sell much of what I find though. It's mostly just gold finds and flipping.

I haven't gotten into all that. Just playing the game for now...everything i have i found or had a friend give it to me. Most of my stuff is socketed...

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 02:37 PM
I haven't gotten into all that. Just playing the game for now...everything i have i found or had a friend give it to me. Most of my stuff is socketed...

Wowzers! What difficulty are you in act III of?

I think I made it a few hours before I was hitting up the auction house. I read an article about a guy that made an effort to avoid it (and succeeded until Inferno) but I just can't imagine doing so. That would make the treasure much more exciting, however.

ColoradoDarin
06-18-2012, 03:37 PM
I find it funny that Diablo is one of the easier kills in the game. Elite fast chained mortar immune whatever minions are tougher. Diablo goes down faster than a Secret Service "date."

Atwater His Ass
06-18-2012, 04:02 PM
The problem with this game is that it's desinged around the RMAH in order to progress. The best gear doesn't drop until the later acts of inferno. It's not like D2, where you can potentially find great gear anywhere in hell difficulty or even sooner. You cannot realisticaly farm act 1 inferno for gear that will allow you to progress in act 2 inferno. So that pigeon holes a few builds that are farming viable in the later acts, which penalizes the player for not choosing that playstyle, which is just wrong for a diablo game.

Also, blizz isn't stupid. They are re-baselineing the market with IAS nerf, making crit% and crit damage the new "must have" stats. Then after people spend a lot of money gearing for that, they will re-baseline again when they re-do legendaries to where they should have been from launch (and it's not a retro active change, you will have to find/buy those items again anew). We can probably expect a lot of changes like these in order to perpetuate the economy until the inevitable expansion or level cap increase.

Diablo 3 Items are simply put, All about a very small range of stats.

Melee: LoH, Main Stat, VIT, Resist All. As a bonus, IAS - Which is being nerfed.
Ranged: Main Stat, IAS, Crit Rate/Damage.

You literally have no reason to gear for anything but the above. Theres no game changer items. Its very MMO'd.

This game, while I still enjoy it, isn't even in D2's league.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 04:06 PM
I find it funny that Diablo is one of the easier kills in the game. Elite fast chained mortar immune whatever minions are tougher. Diablo goes down faster than a Secret Service "date."

Agreed. It really doesn't make a lot of sense. Some of the chapter bosses are harder than Diablo, some of the groups are harder than Diablo... heck, I thought that Izual guy was about as hard as anyone and he wasn't even a chapter boss.

The two that REALLY get me are those stinkin' wasp things that shoot the doohickeys and, mostly because the servers were lagging at the worst possible time ever, those guys with the massive hammers.

snowspot66
06-18-2012, 04:07 PM
The problem with this game is that it's desinged around the RMAH in order to progress. The best gear doesn't drop until the later acts of inferno. It's not like D2, where you can potentially find great gear anywhere in hell difficulty or even sooner. You cannot realisticaly farm act 1 inferno for gear that will allow you to progress in act 2 inferno. So that pigeon holes a few builds that are farming viable in the later acts, which penalizes the player for not choosing that playstyle, which is just wrong for a diablo game.

That's changing in the next patch because it was a retarded design decision to begin with.

Atwater His Ass
06-18-2012, 04:09 PM
It's a step in the right direction. But it doesn't help solve the people that exploited their way to act III inferno and have literally been making thousands of dollars selling the best gear.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 04:11 PM

Also, blizz isn't stupid. They are re-baselineing the market with IAS nerf, making crit% and crit damage the new "must have" stats. Then after people spend a lot of money gearing for that, they will re-baseline again when they re-do legendaries to where they should have been from launch (and it's not a retro active change, you will have to find/buy those items again anew). We can probably expect a lot of changes like these in order to perpetuate the economy until the inevitable expansion or level cap increase.

Diablo 3 Items are simply put, All about a very small range of stats.

Melee: LoH, Main Stat, VIT, Resist All. As a bonus, IAS - Which is being nerfed.
Ranged: Main Stat, IAS, Crit Rate/Damage.

You literally have no reason to gear for anything but the above. Theres no game changer items. Its very MMO'd.

This game, while I still enjoy it, isn't even in D2's league.

Haha... I thought the items were truly randomized. F me for all the time I've spent lamenting that I can't find anything good on act I of Inferno.

I do agree that the changing up stats thing is BS. ESPECIALLY when real money is being spent, a realignment of the stats can make a purchase completely lose value. I think it's legitimately an issue where they didn't balance everything beforehand but once it comes out (and maybe that's another reason they delayed the RMAH?), the items and stats should be set in stone.

I haven't gotten so far into the details of the game to know how they've impacted anything (I'm just a button mashing fool, usually) but it's disappointing that there's so much they're doing to feed the cynics. It really takes away from the fun and all the time one has invested in items, characters, etc, can be wasted instantly.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 04:12 PM
It's a step in the right direction. But it doesn't help solve the people that exploited their way to act III inferno and have literally been making thousands of dollars selling the best gear.

I think it's amazing that people are embracing the RMAH like they are. Why would you buy a game just to blow tons more money to skate through said game?

ColoradoDarin
06-18-2012, 04:18 PM
BTW, they are nerfing the cost of crafting/jewel crafting (and the cost of leveling those) in 1.03

Dexter
06-18-2012, 04:21 PM
I think it's amazing that people are embracing the RMAH like they are. Why would you buy a game just to blow tons more money to skate through said game?

It just feels wrong to buy in game items with real money. Then again, I'm just some poor ass college student, so I don't have much of it to spend. :rofl:

Atwater His Ass
06-18-2012, 04:26 PM
I don't mind that they have a RMAH. I do mind that they've designed the entire game around it, which makes it more or less impossible to progress on your own or with friends, i.e., you have to use the AH in one form or another.

I'm hoping that once they put gold on the RMAH, you will be able to find good items again on the gold AH as people can just buy gold on the RMAH to use on the gold AH, which will make gold more valuable as the in game currency. Right now, all of the best items are on the RMAH because people are spending $250 a pop on each item. Also makes it stupid to sell any good items on the gold AH for really any amount of gold, since people will just turn it around for cash. Gold is pretty worthless atm.

Dexter
06-18-2012, 04:34 PM
I don't mind that they have a RMAH. I do mind that they've designed the entire game around it, which makes it more or less impossible to progress on your own or with friends, i.e., you have to use the AH in one form or another.

I'm hoping that once they put gold on the RMAH, you will be able to find good items again on the gold AH as people can just buy gold on the RMAH to use on the gold AH, which will make gold more valuable as the in game currency. Right now, all of the best items are on the RMAH because people are spending $250 a pop on each item. Also makes it stupid to sell any good items on the gold AH for really any amount of gold, since people will just turn it around for cash. Gold is pretty worthless atm.

I completely agree. I think this could change next patch. They're *probably* going to nerf inferno like crazy

Relevant Link: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6262208

Once every person can get to a point where they can farm act 2-4 like they can in act one, the worth of most items should go down greatly. They're also adjusting the item drop system making it more likely for better items to drop in the first couple of acts.

Frankly, I think unless you're one of those people trying to make money off the RMAH the best decision is to level up new characters until 1) They nerf inferno, 2) The pvp system launches.

Without a pvp system, I'm really doubting the longevity of this game. What are you doing? Farming items, so you can farm more items? I guess I did that in D2, but I had a bot I ran everyday while I was in class during highschool. :yayaya: Oh and I guess there was a PvP system.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 04:48 PM
Wowzers! What difficulty are you in act III of?

I think I made it a few hours before I was hitting up the auction house. I read an article about a guy that made an effort to avoid it (and succeeded until Inferno) but I just can't imagine doing so. That would make the treasure much more exciting, however.

Still on the first level...Barbarian with a shield and mace. Just beat the Izual dude by myself..by far the hardest boss I've gone up against...

Atwater His Ass
06-18-2012, 04:49 PM
Farming items in D2 was fun and rewarding. Making trading games was fun. D3 items are bland and boring. There's no point in farming anywhere but inferno and farming only lvl 60 items, for the base stats that I listed above. There is no variety.

For me, I'm just leveling different characters and bumming around for achievements. The core of the game, you know, bashing monsters and getting loot is fun. But there is so much customization and itemization lacking which is disappointing coming from blizzard.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 05:14 PM
I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about but that's ok. I really hope they don't make inferno easier, though. I've already got my goals set.

I don't usually get into games since I had a kid but are they always changed this much these days? It seems really weird that it could be a totally different scenario from week to week.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Still on the first level...Barbarian with a shield and mace. Just beat the Izual dude by myself..by far the hardest boss I've gone up against...

Nice. Keep it going as long as you can. It's quite a feat.

maher_tyler
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Nice. Keep it going as long as you can. It's quite a feat.

Turns out I was in act 4 lol. Beat Diablo by myself and only died once...got a really bad ass 2 handed weapon that I have to use..it's to bad ass and does a lot of damage per hit. My buddy is like a level 60 Deamon Hunter and gave me a handful of the square rubies etc to put into my sockets...my guy is pretty slick. I'm not going to let all this technical stuff these guys are talking about ruin the game for me. I like it and enjoy playing it the way it is...when is the expansion coming out?

Dexter
06-18-2012, 09:42 PM
I don't have a clue what you guys are talking about but that's ok. I really hope they don't make inferno easier, though. I've already got my goals set.

I don't usually get into games since I had a kid but are they always changed this much these days? It seems really weird that it could be a totally different scenario from week to week.

RMAH = Real Money Auction House. If you didn't know you can toggle your auction house from either ingame gold, or real money lol.

It has I could go on and make arguments about how both 1) Real Money, and 2) achievements have ruined games, but it would probably be pretty long winded and pointless.

That One Guy
06-18-2012, 10:17 PM
RMAH = Real Money Auction House. If you didn't know you can toggle your auction house from either ingame gold, or real money lol.

It has I could go on and make arguments about how both 1) Real Money, and 2) achievements have ruined games, but it would probably be pretty long winded and pointless.

The RMAH I understand (though it continues to say 3 day waiting period for me) but whatever Atwater's issues were, I don't necessarily understand because this is my first game in quite some time and I assume the pvp is a person vs person reference but I was both unaware they were going for that and confused as to what that would entail. So where it came from or where it's going, I have no idea, but I quite enjoy the game and I'm looking forward to getting back in soon.

KevinJames
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
anyone sell anything yet? I made $250 off RMAH so far off of 8 items total.

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 06:10 AM

:giggle: makes me laugh you can make real money playing this game...

That One Guy
06-19-2012, 06:36 AM
:giggle: makes me laugh you can make real money playing this game...

I don't know if it's sour grapes or a purist of some sort in me but part of me resents that you can do so while the other part of me knows if I had an avenue for doing so, I'd be all over it.

That One Guy
06-19-2012, 07:22 AM
I guess this server downtime thing is apparently usual for Blizzard but I'm amazed a company can exist with so much downtime. I will definitely be keeping this in mind if I ever consider another Blizzard game. Especially considering the online only aspect of the game, you'd think they'd have server management perfected.

ColoradoDarin
06-19-2012, 07:35 AM
I guess this server downtime thing is apparently usual for Blizzard but I'm amazed a company can exist with so much downtime. I will definitely be keeping this in mind if I ever consider another Blizzard game. Especially considering the online only aspect of the game, you'd think they'd have server management perfected.

Only single player game I've ever had to not play because of server issues/fixes.

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 07:59 AM
Only single player game I've ever had to not play because of server issues/fixes.

I will admit...the whole HAVING to be online to play is stupid. I wonder how many people bought the game not realizing you had to have internet or you can't play the game??

ColoradoDarin
06-19-2012, 08:43 AM
I will admit...the whole HAVING to be online to play is stupid. I wonder how many people bought the game not realizing you had to have internet or you can't play the game??

I played WoW for a couple of years and I don't remember this much downtime.

That One Guy
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
So... yeah... the IAS nerfing happened today and I'm pretty pissed. It looks like they just cut IAS bonuses down by half across the board. I've spent a couple mil, probably, chasing IAS increases and now they're basically moot. I didn't realize their changes would be so drastic.

That One Guy
06-19-2012, 02:46 PM

You'd think if they knew there was going to be a half-day period every single week where they'd need to go down for server maintenance, they'd have come up with a workaround. You'd also think they'd do it dead in the middle of the night rather than all f'ing day for us east coasters.

Dexter
06-19-2012, 03:25 PM
I played WoW for a couple of years and I don't remember this much downtime.

Did you play it at release?

When it released in 2004, downtime was twice as bad as this. The server lag was often horrible. They've gotten a lot better, but count me as surprised that things aren't going as smoothly.

Agamemnon
06-19-2012, 03:27 PM

Wow...

maher_tyler
06-19-2012, 06:02 PM
Downloaded some update...now I have a bunch of random people not in my friends list showing up in my chat over to the left...wtf is this?? I can read their conversation but they aren't on my friends list..it's weird...

That One Guy
06-19-2012, 07:28 PM
Downloaded some update...now I have a bunch of random people not in my friends list showing up in my chat over to the left...wtf is this?? I can read their conversation but they aren't on my friends list..it's weird...

Is it the general chat again? It was there for an update or two then went away again. Try opening it and doing a /leave and see if it closes out. It's annoying but you used to only have to do it once every time you logged on. Not too much of a hassle.

I've been reading some over at the diablo forums (distracting me from my studying! Argh!) and the changes in this patch are just insane. Something like 6X repair costs. A $50K repair bill and you don't necessarily have to die to get there! It's now become insanely in your best interests to avoid touching anything that you don't absolutely have to. You'll just lose money on it.

It's so frustrating that the game keeps changing. I'm getting ready to start a new character but I don't know how much time and effort I want to invest into truly getting him built up as I don't know the changes to come and they've already said they're going to do some in 1.1. My Barbarian's gear and DPS just took a major dump today and it's pretty disappointing. I can only imagine what it'll be once I actually get to sit down and play and notice the difference.

Oh, and along with that 6x increase in repair costs... yeah, they cut gold drops too.

Dexter
06-25-2012, 09:54 AM
Going to be trying this out soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=Z4uUjRFAJRU&annotation_id=annotation_90460&v=_iUhaG8ve0I&feature=iv

That One Guy
06-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Going to be trying this out soon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?src_vid=Z4uUjRFAJRU&annotation_id=annotation_90460&v=_iUhaG8ve0I&feature=iv

Some things of interest there, for sure. Using two weapons and mixing the stats is interesting. I had been thinking lately about trying to keep my berserker going longer and it's awesome to know it'll work. I'm definitely gonna try my own version of this. Thanks

Doggcow
06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
Should I actually play this game? I haven't bothered to go get a new computer yet.

I'd be willing to sell my account though if anyone wants it? $45?

That One Guy
06-25-2012, 08:06 PM
Should I actually play this game? I haven't bothered to go get a new computer yet.

I'd be willing to sell my account though if anyone wants it? $45?

I think it's well worth the money. There's quite literally no end to how long you could be entertained by it.

I thought about trying to get the wife into it so we could both play but, in our case, another computer to run it just doesn't make sense. I'm not sure you can justify a new computer for any game unless you need one anyways. IF you needed one, though, I think this is one of the better games so far. The quirks are annoying but more about the principal that they shouldn't be changing so much than it is about problems with the gameplay.