PDA

View Full Version : Best TV Show?

TheReverend
05-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Before we hit on-season mode, here's a good discussion for us to get into.

Favorite TV Show (*all genres) of all time?

Of course there's the Seinfelds, SNL, MASH, Twilight Zone, Star Trek, Cheers, etc.

But what do you got? And what's your guilty pleasure?

And of course, this discussion couldn't be complete without:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ze58HhMlObk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OBF1
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Honeymooners and You bet your life.

SonOfLe-loLang
05-04-2012, 11:01 AM
Fav Comedy: (all time) Seinfeld (current) ummm...I like that Girls show and Veep. Parks n rec too.
Fav Drama: (all time) The Wire (current) Game Of Thrones/Mad Men
Fav Reality: Amazing Race (both current and all time)

Pick Six
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Favorite of all time? This has to rank among them. I grew up watching the Doctor...:strong:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wRhPM2wMzH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

orangeatheist
05-04-2012, 11:04 AM
Fraiser, Big Bang Theory, STOS, STNG, STE, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island, Kung Fu.

Now, some may have consider many of the above "guilty pleasures," but these are the ones I think better qualify that I like: Judge Judy, People's Court, Jail, Cops, Bully Beatdown.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Mr Show with Bob and David -- all time favorite

Smilin Assassin
05-04-2012, 11:05 AM
The Sopranos and Spartacus (if I can include mini-series)

Looked forward to them every week the second the last episode ended.

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2012, 11:09 AM
I usually don't tune in religiously to TV shows, but this one is a standout for me:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6ghVW0Lvss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ezv2wqvfNOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't even need to answer. Just look at me.

Oh, and I've developed a bad habit for Impractical Jokers.

TonyR
05-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Drama: The Wire. Sopranos is a close 2nd.

Comedy: tough call, but I'll go with Seinfeld

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2012, 11:16 AM
And this perfectly describes how I felt when Firefly was cancelled.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pF3vtENNs4E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

BroncoBeavis
05-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Fraiser, Big Bang Theory, STOS, STNG, STE, Leave it to Beaver, Andy Griffith, Gilligan's Island, Kung Fu.

Now, some may have consider many of the above "guilty pleasures," but these are the ones I think better qualify that I like: Judge Judy, People's Court, Jail, Cops, Bully Beatdown.

Have you ever considered that it was the TV you watched that made you an atheist? :)

Pick Six
05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I wish I could still find Honeymooners reruns, on TV. Other older comedies which still make me laugh, include Sanford and Son, Cosby Show, and Three's Company...

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 11:20 AM
I am re-watching the original Star Trek with my kids. They love it but I did forget how sexist the costumes were and how much action Kirk got. Every episode when Kirk goes in for a kiss my daughter covers her eyes. She does the same thing when we watch Downton Abby.

My wife makes me watch Downton Abby at gun point and she said I should hope that dreamy Lady Mary and Matthew should get together. All the chicks in my house love the period and the costumes and sets and think Lady Mary is dreamy because she is so hard on herself and is so unreachable.

I liked Fire Fly, wish that they had more seasons to grow that out like Downton Abby has.

Twilight Zone is always a good watch even though I know them all now as well as Downton Abby.

I can't think of anything else old that comes to mind, Downton Abby is still in production thank the HEAVENS!

I enjoy the AMC stuff even if they are slow paced: Mad Men, Killing, Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, but not as much as Downton Abby.

I love the PBS Stuff: Nova, Front Line, American Experience, Downton Abby.

I think 30 Rock has dipped quality wise but I still watch it, Parks and Rec is very funny, I watch Community only because everyone says it is good and the chick who is also in Mad Men is HOT. So is Lady Mary in Downton Abby.

I don't have HBO but catch up with their shows on DVD, I like the Wire, Rome, the Winter is coming one but I am watching Treme now, I think the actors try to hard to make NO cool but I like the music and they pay homage to the old jazz greats who's names are fading into history. This is why my women folk love Downton Abby is keeping the '20's alive.

That is about all I got now.

Boobs McGee
05-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Matlock.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-04-2012, 11:24 AM
Austin City Limits -- second favorite

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2012, 11:25 AM

Hee Haw, a close third. ;)

baja
05-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Two oldies you younger guys probably never heard of;

I Love Lucy & The Ed Sullivan Show

Other childhood favorites;

Rawhide & Bonanza

The choices were far far fewer back then.

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 11:30 AM

I record a show called Music Voyager just to see what is going on in World music, he has been doing a tour of the US which has made the show better.

Downton Abby has some great music as well

ant1999e
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Current shows:
Sons of Anarchy
Justified
New Jersey Housewives (don't tell anyone)

BroncoBeavis
05-04-2012, 11:32 AM
I am re-watching the original Star Trek with my kids. They love it but I did forget how sexist the costumes were and how much action Kirk got. Every episode when Kirk goes in for a kiss my daughter covers her eyes. She does the same thing when we watch Downton Abby.

My wife makes me watch Downton Abby at gun point and she said I should hope that dreamy Lady Mary and Matthew should get together. All the chicks in my house love the period and the costumes and sets and think Lady Mary is dreamy because she is so hard on herself and is so unreachable.

I liked Fire Fly, wish that they had more seasons to grow that out like Downton Abby has.

Twilight Zone is always a good watch even though I know them all now as well as Downton Abby.

I can't think of anything else old that comes to mind, Downton Abby is still in production thank the HEAVENS!

I enjoy the AMC stuff even if they are slow paced: Mad Men, Killing, Walking Dead, Hell on Wheels, but not as much as Downton Abby.

I love the PBS Stuff: Nova, Front Line, American Experience, Downton Abby.

I think 30 Rock has dipped quality wise but I still watch it, Parks and Rec is very funny, I watch Community only because everyone says it is good and the chick who is also in Mad Men is HOT. So is Lady Mary in Downton Abby.

I don't have HBO but catch up with their shows on DVD, I like the Wire, Rome, the Winter is coming one but I am watching Treme now, I think the actors try to hard to make NO cool but I like the music and they pay homage to the old jazz greats who's names are fading into history. This is why my women folk love Downton Abby is keeping the '20's alive.

That is about all I got now.

I didn't mention Downton because I never thought much about that show unless my wife blackmailed me somehow. It's been long enough now that I don't even remember anything anymore. Which one was Mary again? Was she the nappy drunk one?

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Superb gameshow:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/REjWexQMApI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I didn't mention Downton because I never thought much about that show unless my wife blackmailed me somehow. It's been long enough now that I don't even remember anything anymore. Which one was Mary again? Was she the nappy drunk one?

The Dreamy one

Stagger Lee
05-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Seinfeld and The Simpsons.

The first couple of years of Chappelles Show were funny as hell before he went looney tunes.

Current-- Grimm is surprisingly good
Pawn Stars
Deadliest Catch

Loved Arrested Development

gyldenlove
05-04-2012, 11:42 AM
Seinfeld, Scrubs, Firefly, Futurama, Top gear, Band of Brothers, MASH, fraggle rock.

JJG
05-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Price is Right

Bob Barker is my hero

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 11:44 AM
Mr Show with Bob and David -- all time favorite
Yes. The rewatchability is mindbogglingly satisfying.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-04-2012, 11:47 AM
It's always sunny.

Cheers.

Seinfeld.

Going waaaaay back. Giligans Island

MacGuyver

Archer81
05-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Hmm...Sons of Anarchy, Being Human, Lost Girl, Blackout, Veep, Game of Thrones, Trueblood, Boardwalk Empire.

Guilty pleasures...Buffy the Vampire Slayer, American Horror Story, Queer as Folk, The Big C.

:Broncos:

BroncoBeavis
05-04-2012, 11:54 AM
The Dreamy one

Oh yeah, the young one that ran off with the commie. It's all coming back to me.

Archedamian
05-04-2012, 11:58 AM
The Wonder Years, hands down.

TonyR
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

A very underrated show, to the point where it might not even belong in the "guilty pleasures" category.

Dr. Broncenstein
Yes. The rewatchability is mindbogglingly satisfying.

I lol every time. Those guys were out there...

myMind
05-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Drama: Breaking Bad(How has no one mentioned this yet?), Game of Thrones, The Wire, The Walking Dead, Fringe

Comedy: Always Sunny, Community, The Office(Old), Arrested Development, 30 Rock(Old)

Guilty: Bones, The Mentalist, Tanked, Pawn Stars, New Girl

Dr. Broncenstein
05-04-2012, 12:00 PM
I've been watching storage wars because of that little milf... she makes my pants fit funny

manchambo
05-04-2012, 12:01 PM

Does "guilty pleasure" mean the same thing as dog****?

Heyneck
05-04-2012, 12:02 PM
Lots of them to choose from... but for me... Married with Children was a classic. Also loved that 70's show!

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't normally like picking 'all-time favorites' on stuff like this. Mr. Show has to be on the very short list with The Simpsons and Monty Python, but there are dozens of great comedies worth mentioning: Kids in the Hall, UCB, King of the Hill, Futurama, Police Squad!, Strangers With Candy, Arrested Development and, more recently, Eastbound and Down and Louie. Haven't got around to The Larry Sanders Show completely yet, but it's on Netflix now so that's next.

I haven't seen a better drama more times than The Wire, but the quality of TV has been increasing so much since shows like The Sopranos began that most of the newest stuff seems like the best. Besides The Simpsons, The X-Files was the first show I was very much obsessed with as a kid. I can't remember enjoying the first two seasons of a show more than those of Breaking Bad, and the rest has been awesome. Other favorites are probably Twin Peaks, The Twilight Zone, Deadwood, etc. Boardwalk Empire and Game of Thrones are my other two favorite current shows, and it bums me out that they had to cancel Luck because that was fantastic.

Guilty pleasures is pretty easy: Law and Order. I don't really just 'watch TV', but I've found myself enjoying Psych reruns a lot lately.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-04-2012, 12:08 PM
I've been watching storage wars because of that little milf... she makes my pants fit funny

I've hung out with Barry a few times. He's friends with my friend Cole Foster. Barry is even more hilarious off camera.

I 2nd heynecks married with children. Al bundy does not like fat chicks

peacepipe
05-04-2012, 12:17 PM
supernatural
the killing
the walking dead
fringe
game of thrones
battlestar galactica

ColoradoDarin
05-04-2012, 12:18 PM
The first seasons of Cheers (with coach) are the best. Didn't care as much for Woody and especially Rebecca.

The first season of LOST was the best I've ever seen, but 2-6 weren't nearly as good.

The first season of Jericho (and Netflix is in talks to bring it back!)

Life on Mars

Firefly

Yes, shows I like tend to get cancelled early, but that also means I don't get into anymore shows now - I'll wait a few years and catch up later if they last.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-04-2012, 12:21 PM
Arrested development, curb your enthusiasm and Dexter are pretty Dam good

Rohirrim
05-04-2012, 12:23 PM
I was totally into Lost...

and then, it did a faceplant. :pity:

Toshiro Takashi
05-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Andy Milonakis Show

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/wUdemoeKRVw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

California Dreams

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/sN6PRs5bHMo"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's your move

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6TWqqSMRFbU"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SonOfLe-loLang
05-04-2012, 12:37 PM

I will still always remember this show fondly

Drunk Monkey
05-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Firefly, True Blood, Entorage (the early seasons), Saprano's, Alias

Kaylore
05-04-2012, 12:40 PM
A few that really standout

The Real Ghostbusters
Transformers
Mork and Mindy
MacGuyver
Star Trek the Next Generation
Dracula: The Series
Highlander
Seinfeld
Friends
Frasier
Star Trek Deep Space Nice
Scrubs
The Office
Dexter
Castle
Grimm

Drunk Monkey
05-04-2012, 12:41 PM
Price is Right

Bob Barker is my hero

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5L6Uz67u4xM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ColoradoDarin
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bflYjF90t7c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bflYjF90t7c?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

TonyR

Yes, one of my favorite shows of all time, up until the final episode. Very few shows that I looked more forward to watching every week, and when each ep ended I'd be all like, "that was an hour already?!? I want more!!!"

TonyR
05-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Entorage (the early seasons)

First two seasons of Entourage were outstanding. Down hill fast from there, but I watched them all.

Drunk Monkey
05-04-2012, 12:48 PM
I forgot about Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I never watched it on TV. The idea of a Star Trek show based on a space station always sounded really lame to me. Then I saw the first episode on netflix and was hooked. I devoured that series. Lots of groggy days at work from lack of sleep due to STDS9.

Drunk Monkey
05-04-2012, 12:54 PM
First two seasons of Entourage were outstanding. Down hill fast from there, but I watched them all.

I agree, the best thing about that show was that it was about a bunch of guys trying to make it. After they "made it" it got stale.

Kaylore
05-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I forgot about Star Trek Deep Space Nine. I never watched it on TV. The idea of a Star Trek show based on a space station always sounded really lame to me. Then I saw the first episode on netflix and was hooked. I devoured that series. Lots of groggy days at work from lack of sleep due to STDS9.

Season 1-2 suck. 3-4 are ok. 5-7 are AWESOME!

hambone13
05-04-2012, 01:41 PM
I usually don't tune in religiously to TV shows, but this one is a standout for me:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Y6ghVW0Lvss" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Ezv2wqvfNOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice reference! I love this show. It's "The Wire" of it's time. "Be careful out there."

hambone13
05-04-2012, 01:45 PM
The Rev nailed many of my favorites. I'm a MASH/Seinfeld freak and I think the equivalent modern twin is Big Bang Theory as far as sitcoms are concerned. One of the greats that's hasn't been referenced is Deadwood. I can watch those over and over again because of the clever dialogue. Mark Twain would be proud. I'm sure I'll have more, great thread.

slatimer
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Justified!!!

JLesSPE
05-04-2012, 01:46 PM
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Game of Thrones
Big Bang Theory
Entourage

I used to like Top Shot but now it seems like they have easier shots with more boring weapons.

BroncoBeavis
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM

Never watched Lost on ABC. Burned through it a year or two ago on Netflix though.

It really did jump the shark in season 5. 3 was the peak. 4 was a step down. I still don't really get the ending. I was almost thankful to be done at that point. Which was hard to believe considering how hooked I was through season 4.

Drunk Monkey
05-04-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh, and Top Gear. Love that show.

Gort
05-04-2012, 01:49 PM

Entourage script. pick a season, any season.

douchebag #1: "so is Vince gonna make the movie?"
douchebag #2: "no, it doesn't look like Vince is going to make the movie."
douchebag #3: "what, Vince isn't going to make the movie?"
douchebag #2: "no, it fell through, but there's another movie he wants to make."
douchebag #1: "good, he should make that other movie."
telephone rings. douchebag #2 answers
douchebag #2 on the phone: "go."
vince (aka douchebag #4) on the phone: "it looks like the movie is on!"
douchebag #2 on the phone: "great news."
vince (aka douchebag #4) on the phone: "talk to you later, i'm with 2 chicks right now."
douchebag #2: "ok. later."
douchebag #1: "who was that?"
douchebag #2: "vince. the movie is back on."
douchebag #3: "awesome."
douchebag #1: "awesome."
telephone rings. douchebag #2 answers
douchebag #2 on the phone: "go."
vince's agent (aka douchebag #5) on the phone: "bad news. the movie is off again."
douchebag #2: "no."
vince's agent (aka douchebag #5) on the phone: "yes. gotta go and yell my employees now."
douchebag #2: "bad news guys, the movie's back off."
douchebag #1: "no."
douchebag #3: "NO!"

etc.
etc..
etc...

for 6 or 7 seasons, this was the whole plot of the show.

hambone13
05-04-2012, 01:51 PM
It's always sunny.

Cheers.

Seinfeld.

Going waaaaay back. Giligans Island

MacGuyver

I'm so very disappointed in myself for not mentioning Cheers earlier. Blasphemous. One of the all time greats for sure.

TonyR
05-04-2012, 01:55 PM
Entourage script. pick a season, any season.

If you can't appreciate the first two seasons of that show then I don't know what to tell you. Basically the young male American dream encapsulated. What guy doesn't have fond memories of the camradarie with the friends of his youth, only in this case they got to advance that camradarie into young adulthood and live the high life in L.A.? I agree the show declined rapidly but those first two seasons were (Ari) gold. Plus, it had Emmanuelle Chriqui in it...

hambone13
05-04-2012, 02:00 PM

I know I'm going to annoy a ton of hard core Trekkies and I'm almost offending myself by saying it because I've always been a geek but I started watching the Voyager episodes on Netflix due to withdrawl and actually found them to be some of the better written stories of all the Star Treks. That hurt but it's true.

Durango
05-04-2012, 02:07 PM
Star Trek, Twilight Zone both kick started entire genre's of television shows that remain, at least in format, today.

Several great actors got their start on Twilight Zone, including Robert Redford, and the themes stand as great story-telling even today.

Amazing Race really is, by far, the best reality show

Smiling Assassin27
05-04-2012, 02:11 PM
before jessie james' douchebaggery reached epic proportions, Monster Garage was one of my guilty pleasures.

cmhargrove
05-04-2012, 02:13 PM
Ok, i'll pull a few more out.

No one mentioned COPS. I mean early, original "reality TV" that was actually real. Watching dudes in wifebeaters trying to run from police dogs was just addictive.

I really liked Jackass the series better than the movies.

Original Star Trek was awesome for its day.

If I go way, way back the first show I loved watching as a little kid was "the Little Rascals."

Any fans of the original "Land of the Lost?" I loved that show too.

People mentioned Sienfeld. Frasier was pretty awesome.

"Friends" was really corny, but I remember watching it every week.

My wife and I have been watching Mad Men on Netflix, that's a pretty damn good series.

Battlestar Galactica. Cylons are cool.

I also like House Hunters International, because I get to see how people live around the world, and I see all these douchebags that have million dollar home budgets in their 20's. Where do these people work?

That's a few...

Miss I.
05-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Favorite of All Time: Buffy the Vampire Slayer
While the introduction of the pain in the ass little sister was horrifying and the quality sort of went down after that, wuth occasional moments of awesomeness (the singing episode is just damned good...), overall I love this show for it's ability to blend: comedy, horror, drama well.

A few others: Veronica Mars was pretty good though the final season was only so-so. The father-daughter dynamic was my favorite part, it grounded the show. I genuinely hope Kristen finds some other vehicles to star in that don't suck, other than Forgetting Sarah Marshall I haven't been too fond of her film choices.

Notables: The Original Twilight Zone, Dexter (though this most recent season was awful), MASH, Rocky and Bullwinkle, The Muppet Show (the original one), Robot Chicken
Guilty Pleasure: Revenge and Grey's Anatomy (I love Patrick Dempsey), The Monkees

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-04-2012, 02:32 PM
before jessie james' douchebaggery reached epic proportions, Monster Garage was one of my guilty pleasures.

I had 2 friends do that show. Jason jesse and cole foster. Jason partied the whole time he was there and they incorporated the fact he couldn't even find the garage cause he was too hung over. He still kicked ass in his episode.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Ok, i'll pull a few more out.

No one mentioned COPS. I mean early, original "reality TV" that was actually real. Watching dudes in wifebeaters trying to run from police dogs was just addictive.

I really liked Jackass the series better than the movies.

Original Star Trek was awesome for its day.

If I go way, way back the first show I loved watching as a little kid was "the Little Rascals."

Any fans of the original "Land of the Lost?" I loved that show too.

People mentioned Sienfeld. Frasier was pretty awesome.

"Friends" was really corny, but I remember watching it every week.

My wife and I have been watching Mad Men on Netflix, that's a pretty damn good series.

Battlestar Galactica. Cylons are cool.

I also like House Hunters International, because I get to see how people live around the world, and I see all these douchebags that have million dollar home budgets in their 20's. Where do these people work?

That's a few...

Before Jackass was on TV they had videos out while working at a magazine co. Called Big Brother. By far their most hilarious work. The magazine was crazy good until it went corporate and Larry Flynt bought it. Bam had some good CKY landspeed videos out about the same time.

hambone13
05-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Star Trek, Twilight Zone both kick started entire genre's of television shows that remain, at least in format, today.

Several great actors got their start on Twilight Zone, including Robert Redford, and the themes stand as great story-telling even today.

Amazing Race really is, by far, the best reality show

There is no such thing as the "Best Reality Show". It's like saying that your favorite spaghetti sauce is better. Here's a interesting look at the concept and how big business plays on the idea...

http://www.ted.com/talks/malcolm_gladwell_on_spaghetti_sauce.html

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 02:41 PM
The first seasons of Cheers (with coach) are the best. Didn't care as much for Woody and especially Rebecca.

The first season of LOST was the best I've ever seen, but 2-6 weren't nearly as good.

The first season of Jericho (and Netflix is in talks to bring it back!)

Life on Mars

Firefly

Yes, shows I like tend to get cancelled early, but that also means I don't get into anymore shows now - I'll wait a few years and catch up later if they last.

The British version of Life on Mars was EPIC! Nice call! I couldn't wait for each episode and it only lasted 2 seasons. I never got the chance to see the one set in the 80's.

I forgot to add Top Gear

I love Monty Python and the Young Ones also. I wish PBS would get the rights to Steve Coogans long running series Alan Partridge or something I hear lots of good things about it.

My British Guilty Pleasure is Keeping up Appearances, it took me a couple tries before I could get through an episode but I am glad I did I like the supporting characters and can relate to a couple of them.

Back to the US, Doc is right about Mr. Show. I loved it when it came out and found on some obscure cable channel a couple years back I loved how they threaded it all together and went on tangets but back to the same theme, it was like a good symphony that has great development sections.

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 02:43 PM
I know I'm going to annoy a ton of hard core Trekkies and I'm almost offending myself by saying it because I've always been a geek but I started watching the Voyager episodes on Netflix due to withdrawl and actually found them to be some of the better written stories of all the Star Treks. That hurt but it's true.

Voyager's concept was flawed in execution but the episodes were some of the best Trek since DC Fontana left the original series.

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 02:44 PM

Yes, much like STTNG it got better as time went on.

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 02:47 PM
Oh yeah, the young one that ran off with the commie. It's all coming back to me.

No the Dreamy one who killed a man by screwing him to death.

I wouldn't kick Sybl (sp?) out of bed but Lady Mary is a dreamy Lady.

Plus I would still consider doing nasty things to Elizabeth Mcgovern just because I thought she was hot when I was in full on puberty mode.

Lycan
05-04-2012, 03:01 PM
Any of the following:

Doctor Who (Both original and the new series)

Farscape

Firefly

Andromeda

As far as Star Trek goes the only series I ever got into was Voyager, which was pretty awesome.

st.bernard
05-04-2012, 03:02 PM
cheers
i dream of jeannie
new show: gcb

Fedaykin
05-04-2012, 03:03 PM
To me, to qualify as "favorite show" it's gotta be something you can watch and re-watch over over again and still love it. That said:

All Time favorite: STTNG
Close Second: Firefly
3rd Place: Buffy

Honorable mentions: Babylon 5, Stargate SG1, The Office, Doctor Who, Dexter, Eureka

Current Favorite that might someday crack the top 3: Game of Thrones

Things that *should* have made it based on a subset of the work, but dropped the ball overall:

* Battlestar Galactica, except it became crap after the second season (due primarily to lack of a coherent plan and executive meddling) and had the worst ending ever of any series (even worse than Lost).

* Lost: Season 1 -- the rest was trash.

* Heroes: They should have stuck with the original 1 season mini-series plan

Fedaykin
05-04-2012, 03:10 PM
I haven't seen a better drama more times than The Wire, but the quality of TV has been increasing so much since shows like The Sopranos began that most of the newest stuff seems like the best.

Broadcast network television is almost universally trash. The only place good shows appear is on niche channels: AMC, HBO, Showtime, etc. They are the only networks willing to take risks and put out compelling shows that don't pander to the lowest common denominator.

TheElusiveKyleOrton
05-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Arrested Development
Mad Men
Cheers
Seinfeld
Parks & Rec
Always Sunny
Bored to Death

El Minion
05-04-2012, 03:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/47/Police_squad_in_colour.jpg

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 03:44 PM
Sherlock is starting a new season on PBS, I am not generally a mystery guy but I liked this take on Holmes and Watson. Especially how Holmes uses texting and his smart phone.

hambone13
05-04-2012, 03:46 PM
Voyager's concept was flawed in execution but the episodes were some of the best Trek since DC Fontana left the original series.

I was pleasantly surprised with it. Initially, I couldn't accept Janeway because she struck me as this "woman power" figure that was being over played/written because of her femininity rather than the fact that she just was an awesome captain. I think they improved on that and it became genderless as the future should be for competence and respect in leadership. What flaws do you mean?

hambone13
05-04-2012, 03:51 PM
Broadcast network television is almost universally trash. The only place good shows appear is on niche channels: AMC, HBO, Showtime, etc. They are the only networks willing to take risks and put out compelling shows that don't pander to the lowest common denominator.

I collectively disagree. Great writers and imaginations go where the cash is. I took a sabbatical from broadcast network TV because I hate commercials but now I just DVR them. I NEVER watch network TV live unless it's a sporting event that I can't live without the current details. I wonder if you may have a bit of this element buried in your subconscious. It's done wonders for me about my perception of good entertainment.

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 03:54 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with it. Initially, I couldn't accept Janeway because she struck me as this "woman power" figure that was being over played/written because of her femininity rather than the fact that she just was an awesome captain. I think they improved on that and it became genderless as the future should be for competence and respect in leadership. What flaws do you mean?

Just the whole flung out into deep space concept had flaws early and the last episode was kinda weird but I thought it got better as it went on.

It has been a while but for the most part it was a typical trek show and less survivor type show that I think they intended it to be, finding and adapting resources and fuel and the split of the crew members who didn't have the federation to mediate or back up the officers. I thought a lot of that could have been handled better but I liked it.

BroncoBeavis
05-04-2012, 03:54 PM
The Tudors was pretty good through 2 seasons. Pretty shaky after that.

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 04:01 PM
Well yeah, obviously. Although I'd drop AMC from that list, despite the fact they're one of the best on regular TV. Breaking Bad is excellent but The Walking Dead was so terrible the only reason I had for watching as much as I did of it was to see the characters die, and The Killing, while better this season, has mostly just been downright silly. Haven't invested in Mad Men but I haven't heard anything bad and intend to someday.

I collectively disagree. Great writers and imaginations go where the cash is. I took a sabbatical from broadcast network TV because I hate commercials but now I just DVR them. I NEVER watch network TV live unless it's a sporting event that I can't live without the current details. I wonder if you may have a bit of this element buried in your subconscious. It's done wonders for me about my perception of good entertainment.
Commercials can't ruin the product shown between them, nor can the absence of them save it. There's a reason the vast majority of network dramas and shows don't even make it past one season, assuming they even make that far: most of them suck.

Archer81
05-04-2012, 04:02 PM
How could I forget the Tudors...

Angel was alright. It was not Buffy though. And I caught a Grimm marathon on SyFy the other day. It was pretty sweet. Watched an episode where these monsters were harvesting human organs for medicinal properties. Series has a unique angle. Its nice.

More guilty pleasures: Saving Grace and the Closer. How I Met your Mother. Xena, Warrior Princes and Hercules.

Shows I can't stand: Family Guy. Glee. The Borgias.

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Sherlock is starting a new season on PBS, I am not generally a mystery guy but I liked this take on Holmes and Watson. Especially how Holmes uses texting and his smart phone.
Agree with this. The casting, production, acting, etc has all been pretty great in this so far. Sometimes it's a little overdone, and as a fan of the original material I could complain about a few of the changes made, but overall I've really enjoyed it. I thought Moriarty was especially good. If only there were more than three 'episodes' per season.

Archer81
05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
Forgot the Sarah Connor Chronicles. I thought that was pretty good.

Willynowei
05-04-2012, 04:19 PM
TICK

TOCK

TICK

TOCK

TICK

TOCK

MR.PRESIDENT, JACK BAUER IS ON THE LINE.

DUN DADA DUNNN DADAD DUNNNN DADAD DUNNNN

Traitor!

No! its a good guy!

No! its a traitor!

OMG EXPLOSION PRESIDENT DAUGHTER< WORLD RADIO ACTIVE NUKE

TICK

TOCK

TICK

TOCK

- SHAKY CAMERA -

JACK BAUER!!!!!!!!

In TROUBLE

NO ESCAPE
NO IN TROUBLE

YES ESCAPE

MILDLY DECENT LOOKING FEMALE TO DISTRACT HIM!

oubronco
05-04-2012, 04:47 PM
http://images.wikia.com/sonsofanarchy/images/8/88/SOA.jpg

gunns
05-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Love reruns of the Andy Griffith show, before it was in color, Roseanne, All in the Family, Married with Children and all the Real Housewives of...... Am so depressed Desperate Housewives is ending, and am totally addicted to Two and a Half Men, before Ashton Kutchner.

huh??
05-04-2012, 05:04 PM
From when I was a kid:
M.A.S.H
Hill Street Blues
St. Elsewhere
Quincy
Emergency! (reruns)
Get Smart! (reruns)
A-Team
Knight Rider - yeah, I said it.
Fantasy Island
Charlie's Angels
Married With Children
Happy Days
Mork and Mindy
Fame! -for Nia Peoples :yayaya:
Solid Gold -for the female dancers
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinatti

I don't watch much TV these days, but How I Met Your Mother is amazingly funny. It's on Netflix, and if you watch it from the beginning, you tend to feel that you become a part of it because of the character development and all the flashbacks and flash-forwards that intertwine in the storylines.

TonyR
05-04-2012, 05:06 PM
...The Walking Dead was so terrible the only reason I had for watching as much as I did of it was to see the characters die, and The Killing, while better this season, has mostly just been downright silly. Haven't invested in Mad Men but I haven't heard anything bad and intend to someday.

I strongly disagree on both The Walking Dead and The Killing, but to each his own.

As for Mad Men, you "haven't heard anything bad"? Seriously? Hard to be more critically acclaimed. Four straight Emmy's for best drama series and numerous other awards (linked below).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0804503/awards

Turd_Ferguson
05-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Well yeah, obviously. Although I'd drop AMC from that list, despite the fact they're one of the best on regular TV. Breaking Bad is excellent but The Walking Dead was so terrible the only reason I had for watching as much as I did of it was to see the characters die,

I sort of agree I liked the Walking Dead first season. I watched half the second season on DVR and then just deleted the rest of the episodes and stopped watching it. I also think Hell on Wheels has been a HUGE let down, but I'll probably watch another year hoping it becomes more realistic.

My favorites...

Childhood: Alf, Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Network TV: Friends, Seinfeld, Roseanne,

Cable: Band of Brothers, DEADWOOD, Dexter, Sopranos, The Shield, Justified

I have never been so angry as when they canceled Deadwood...What a phenomenal show that was!

Shananahan
05-04-2012, 05:55 PM
As for Mad Men, you "haven't heard anything bad"? Seriously? Hard to be more critically acclaimed. Four straight Emmy's for best drama series and numerous other awards (linked below).
Well... yeah, I know. I haven't really heard anything bad about it.

Bacchus
05-04-2012, 06:21 PM
My favorite show was and probably always will be Deadwood. IT has to be one of the best written ever as well.

Welcome to Deadwood you **********s!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/g0t1UmOL_Iw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

broncosteven
05-04-2012, 06:25 PM
From when I was a kid:

Emergency! (reruns)

I remember watching it 1st run.

We had an Emergency board game but it sucked ass.

Gort
05-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I sort of agree I liked the Walking Dead first season. I watched half the second season on DVR and then just deleted the rest of the episodes and stopped watching it. I also think Hell on Wheels has been a HUGE let down, but I'll probably watch another year hoping it becomes more realistic.

My favorites...

Childhood: Alf, Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Network TV: Friends, Seinfeld, Roseanne,

Cable: Band of Brothers, DEADWOOD, Dexter, Sopranos, The Shield, Justified

I have never been so angry as when they canceled Deadwood...What a phenomenal show that was!

go watch the 2nd half of season 2 of The Walking Dead. the first half of the season was slow and boring and i found myself hoping all them would get eaten by zombies because they all acted like stupid angsty teenagers. then, the 2nd half of the season got back on track in a big way. season 3 looks to be a good one as well.

KipCorrington25
05-04-2012, 07:06 PM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/UU8ED0sIhGY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Stuck in Cali
05-04-2012, 08:03 PM
From when I was a kid:
M.A.S.H
Hill Street Blues
St. Elsewhere
Quincy
Emergency! (reruns)
Get Smart! (reruns)
A-Team
Knight Rider - yeah, I said it.
Fantasy Island
Charlie's Angels
Married With Children
Happy Days
Mork and Mindy
Fame! -for Nia Peoples :yayaya:
Solid Gold -for the female dancers
Taxi
WKRP in Cincinatti

Seeing this list sure brought back some memories.

Miss I.
05-04-2012, 11:25 PM
Agree with this. The casting, production, acting, etc has all been pretty great in this so far. Sometimes it's a little overdone, and as a fan of the original material I could complain about a few of the changes made, but overall I've really enjoyed it. I thought Moriarty was especially good. If only there were more than three 'episodes' per season.

Agreed. Love sherlock. Hated the movies but love this show

SPORTSWRITER
05-05-2012, 03:22 AM
Oldies: Honey Mooners, The Fugitive, Bewitched, CHEERS, Superman (with George Reeves), All In The Family, Saturday (Baseball) Game of the Week with Dizzy Dean, Andy Griffeth, Millionaire (the weekly drama), American Bandstand, Soul Train, Midnight Special.

More recent: Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Wheel of Fortune, Sopranos, Practical Jokers, lots of shows on TRU TV, History Channel and ID, and of course just about every sport, but especially Football and Baseball games.

I'm sure there are lots more, but too time-consuming, boring to the reader, and way too many to name.

Kaylore
05-05-2012, 06:00 AM
I forgot about A Team, Airwolf and Knight Rider!

McDman
05-05-2012, 07:10 AM
The Wire, Sopranos, Breaking Bad, Battlestar Galactica.

Oh yeah, Scrubs, Seinfeld, early years of The Office, Community.

Community is so underrated.

rmsanger
05-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Current Shows:

Pawn Stars, American Pickers, Auction Hunters, Storage Wars, Chopped, Top Chef, Top Shot, Face Off, Property Virgins, Holmes Inspection/On Homes, Myth Busters, Walking Dead, and Big Bang Theory.

Ever:

Get Smart, Dick Van Dyke, Married with Children, Mork & Mindy, Seinfeld, X-files, McGyver, Perfect Strangers, American Gladiators (Original), F Troop, Night Court, and 24.

Doggcow
05-05-2012, 09:47 AM
Since noone mentioned it, I truly enjoyed Stargate SG-1.

I currently think Sons of Anarchy is the best show I have ever watched.

Heyneck
05-05-2012, 09:54 AM
Mr Bean!

Archedamian
05-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Some funny British sitcoms include The IT Crowd and Black Books. Both are great.

Elway 4 Life
05-05-2012, 10:25 AM
All time favorites: Seinfeld, Boston Legal, Cheers, Prison Break(no mention so far), Dexter, Firefly, SOA and Frasier.

Some great shows worth mentioning that have not been: Breakout Kings, Castle, The Finder, Two Broke Girls(frickin riot), Missing(starting to grow on me) Californication, Homeland(great show), House of Lies, and Shameless.

Showtime has some great shows.

Mogulseeker
05-05-2012, 10:28 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/3/33/Mad-men-title-card.jpg

rugbythug
05-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Sledge Hammer!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/4V4ECvSKSJI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bacchus
05-05-2012, 10:34 AM
Sledge Hammer!

Sorry but I had to!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/N1tTN-b5KHg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Raidersbane
05-05-2012, 10:58 AM
1. The Black Adder

2. The Venture Brothers

3. Sherlock Holmes

Quoydogs
05-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Seinfeld, Mash, E.R. , Beavis and butt head, Simpsons,

Gcver2ver3
05-05-2012, 11:30 AM
Currently airing: naruto shippuuden, sons of anarchy

All time comedies: seinfield, martin, the cosby show, friends, honeymooners

All time other: dragon ball z, bleach, 24

Guilty: judge judy, girlfriends

Dr. Broncenstein
05-05-2012, 11:39 AM
Currently airing: naruto shippuuden, sons of anarchy

All time comedies: seinfield, martin, the cosby show, friends, honeymooners

All time other: dragon ball z, bleach, 24

Guilty: judge judy, girlfriends

Don't forget Southpark.

bowtown
05-05-2012, 11:45 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w6jyyTmgrFc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ShutDownPoster
05-05-2012, 11:47 AM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPEzburu1Mg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZPEzburu1Mg?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

ShutDownPoster
05-05-2012, 12:01 PM
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/g4-26UcGbaY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/g4-26UcGbaY?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Well, if you didn't piss in your pants after these two clips...

huh??
05-05-2012, 12:15 PM
I forgot about A Team, Airwolf and Knight Rider!

Ahhhhhh yeah!! Airwolf. Absolutely!

South Park goes without saying, by the way...

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Some funny British sitcoms include The IT Crowd
I watched this and really wanted to like it, because the black guy, Richard Ayoade, is hilarious in Garth Marenghi's Darkplace and Man to Man with Dean Learner. I thought it was painfully unfunny, and the only bright spot of the entire show was Chris Morris as the boss.

Anybody who hasn't seen Garth Marenghi's Darkplace should look into it, though.

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 12:48 PM
For instance:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zpdgEv9us5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Gcver2ver3
05-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Don't forget Southpark.

Thats racists...

extralife
05-05-2012, 02:18 PM
The Wire, duh

huh??
05-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Oh man, a few more...

Diff'rent Strokes
Alice
Three's Company
Welcome Back Kotter
All In The Family
The Jefferson's
What's Happening!

broncolife
05-05-2012, 04:20 PM

I hated that series until they got worf then it became one of my favorites.

broncolife
05-05-2012, 04:46 PM
Not saying I like all these series now, but I did like them at one point in my life.

Star Trek:TNG
Star Trek: DS9
Red Dwarf
Doctor Who
Farscape
Lexx
Sliders
X-Files
Quantum Leap
Firefly
Hercules
Battlestar Galactica (orginal)
Three Stooges
I Love Lucy
Gilligans Island
Dukes of hazard
Planet of the apes
Full house
Golden Girls
Highway to Heaven
Laverne and Shirley
Friends
Night Court
Mork and Mindy
Cheers
Cosby show
Taxi
Whos the Boss
Out of this world
Different Strokes
Threes Company
Family ties
Growing pains
Mr. Belvedere
Alf
Silver spoons
Charles in Charge
Roseanne
Married with children
Fresh Prince of bel air
Macguyver
Perfect Strangers
I dream of jeanie
Soap
Benson
Punky Brewster
Webster
Bewitched
Mr.bean
IT Crowd
Kids in the Hall
Seinfeld
King of queens
2 and 1/2 men (pre-winning)
Big bang theory
Dexter
Lost
Supernatural
Walking dead

Wont list anime or Asian dramas.

Shananahan
05-05-2012, 05:44 PM
So basically you like everything on TV.

broncolife
05-05-2012, 06:05 PM
So basically you like everything on TV.

nope, but this is over 30 years of watching

hambone13
05-06-2012, 03:18 PM
Just the whole flung out into deep space concept had flaws early and the last episode was kinda weird but I thought it got better as it went on.

It has been a while but for the most part it was a typical trek show and less survivor type show that I think they intended it to be, finding and adapting resources and fuel and the split of the crew members who didn't have the federation to mediate or back up the officers. I thought a lot of that could have been handled better but I liked it.

What was flawed about about the deep space "fling"? I thought that the differences in not having the federation back up was what made it that much more interesting.

hambone13
05-06-2012, 03:22 PM
I hated that series until they got worf then it became one of my favorites.

Yeah, Worf was critical but I just always thought that the guy who played Sisko was a marginal, at best actor. He just never drew me in. He always seemed like he was trying too hard to be as intense as his character really needed to be.

TonyR
05-07-2012, 11:58 AM
Metacritic top 100 shows (going back to 2005):

The Wire: Season 4
Metascore: 98
Start date: Sep 10, 2006

Breaking Bad: Season 4
Metascore: 96
Start date: Jul 17, 2011

The Sopranos: Season 6
Start date: Mar 12, 2006

Battlestar Galactica (2003): Season 3
Metascore: 94
Start date: Oct 6, 2006

Bleak House: Season 1
Metascore: 93
Start date: Oct 27, 2005

Mad Men: Season 4
Metascore: 92
Start date: Jul 25, 2010

Downton Abbey: Season 1
Start date: Jan 9, 2011

Homeland: Season 1
Metascore: 91
Start date: Oct 2, 2011

Justified: Season 2
Start date: Feb 9, 2011

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 5
Start date: Sep 25, 2005

Sherlock: Season 2
Start date: May 6, 2012

Frozen Planet: Season 1
Metascore: 90
Start date: Mar 18, 2012

The Thick of It (UK): Season 1
Start date: May 19, 2005

Louie: Season 2
Start date: Jun 23, 2011

Justified: Season 3
Metascore: 89
Start date: Jan 17, 2012

Breaking Bad: Season 3
Start date: Mar 21, 2010

Eastbound & Down: Season 2
Start date: Sep 27, 2010

24: Season 5
Start date: Jan 15, 2006

The Good Wife: Season 2
Start date: Sep 28, 2010

The Wire: Season 5
Start date: Dec 20, 2007

Boardwalk Empire: Season 1
Metascore: 88
Start date: Sep 19, 2010

Everybody Hates Chris: Season 1
Start date: Sep 22, 2005

Game of Thrones: Season 2
Start date: Apr 1, 2012

Longford: Season 1
Start date: Oct 26, 2006

Mad Men: Season 5
Start date: Mar 25, 2012

Archer: Season 2
Start date: Jan 27, 2011

Community: Season 2
Start date: Sep 23, 2010

Mad Men: Season 2
Start date: Jul 27, 2008

Friday Night Lights: Season 4
Start date: Oct 28, 2009

Southland: Season 4
Metascore: 87
Start date: Jan 17, 2012

Girls: Season 1
Start date: Apr 15, 2012

Treme: Season 1
Start date: Apr 11, 2010

Mad Men: Season 3
Start date: Aug 16, 2009

Lost: Season 4
Start date: Jan 31, 2008

City of Men: Season 1
Start date: N/A

Extras: Season 2
Start date: Sep 14, 2006

Boston Med: Season 1
Start date: Jun 24, 2010

Modern Family: Season 1
Start date: Sep 23, 2009

The Pacific: Season 1
Start date: Mar 14, 2010

Prohibition: Season 1
Metascore: 86
Start date: Oct 2, 2011

Pushing Daisies: Season 1
Start date: Oct 3, 2007

Sing Your Song: Season 1
Start date: Oct 17, 2011

Men of a Certain Age: Season 2
Start date: Dec 6, 2010

Sons of Anarchy: Season 2
Start date: Sep 8, 2009

In Treatment: Season 2
Metascore: 85
Start date: Apr 5, 2009

Dexter: Season 2
Start date: Sep 30, 2007

Absolutely Fabulous (UK): Season 6
Start date: Jan 8, 2012

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 8
Start date: Jul 10, 2011

Party Down: Season 2
Start date: Apr 23, 2010

Sherlock: Season 1
Start date: Oct 24, 2010

The Shield: Season 7
Start date: Sep 2, 2008

Deadwood: Season 3
Start date: Jun 11, 2006

Big Love: Season 5
Start date: Jan 16, 2011

The Office: Season 3
Start date: Sep 21, 2006

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia: Season 6
Start date: Sep 16, 2010

Battlestar Galactica (2003): Season 4
Start date: Apr 4, 2008

Breaking Bad: Season 2
Start date: Feb 17, 2009

Treme: Season 2
Metascore: 84
Start date: Apr 24, 2011

The Killing: Season 1
Start date: Apr 3, 2011

Downton Abbey: Season 2
Start date: Jan 8, 2012

30 Rock: Season 3
Start date: Oct 30, 2008

Better Off Ted: Season 2
Start date: Dec 8, 2009

State of Play: Season 1
Start date: May 18, 2003

Sons of Anarchy: Season 3
Start date: Sep 7, 2010

Monty Python: Almost the Truth (The Lawyer's Cut): Season 1
Start date: Oct 18, 2009

Rescue Me: Season 5
Start date: Apr 7, 2009

Nurse Jackie: Season 4
Start date: Apr 8, 2012

The Curious Case of Curt Flood: Season 1
Start date: Jul 13, 2011

Beyond Scared Straight: Season 1
Start date: Jan 13, 2011

Pushing Daisies: Season 2
Metascore: 83
Start date: Oct 1, 2008

Friday Night Lights: Season 3
Start date: Oct 1, 2008

Eastbound & Down: Season 3
Start date: Feb 19, 2012

In Treatment: Season 3
Start date: Oct 25, 2010

Parks and Recreation: Season 3
Start date: Jan 20, 2011

Luther: Season 1
Metascore: 82
Start date: Oct 17, 2010

Wartorn: 1861-2010: Season 1
Start date: Nov 11, 2010

The Walking Dead: Season 1
Start date: Oct 31, 2010

A Raisin in the Sun: Season 1
Start date: N/A

Friday Night Lights: Season 5
Start date: Apr 15, 2011

Bobby Fischer Against The World: Season 1
Start date: Jun 6, 2011

Little Dorrit: Season 1
Start date: Oct 26, 2008

Law & Order: UK: Season 1
Metascore: 81
Start date: Oct 3, 2010

Extras: Season 1
Start date: Jul 21, 2005

Reaper: Season 1
Start date: Sep 25, 2007

Community: Season 3
Start date: Sep 22, 2011

The Nine: Season 1
Start date: Oct 4, 2006

Curb Your Enthusiasm: Season 7
Start date: Sep 20, 2009

Justified: Season 1
Start date: Mar 16, 2010

Damages: Season 3
Start date: Jan 25, 2010

Elizabeth I: Season 1
Start date: Sep 29, 2005

The Loving Story: Season 1
Start date: Feb 14, 2012

Boardwalk Empire: Season 2
Start date: Sep 25, 2011

Lady Gaga Presents The Monster Ball Tour: At Madison Square Garden: Season 1
Start date: May 7, 2011

United States of Tara: Season 3
Start date: Mar 28, 2011

Southland: Season 3
Start date: Jan 4, 2011

Torchwood (UK): Season 3
Start date: Jul 6, 2009

Sons of Anarchy: Season 4
Start date: Sep 6, 2011

The Hour (UK): Season 1
Start date: Aug 17, 2011

Generation Kill: Season 1
Start date: Jul 13, 2008

Circus: Season 1
Start date: Nov 3, 2010

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 12:07 PM
I was going to mention The Thick of It. Anybody enjoying VEEP on HBO right now should stop watching and just download The Thick of It, which VEEP is a remake of. Malcolm Tucker is what Al Swearengen would be like if he were British and involved in politics.

TonyR
05-07-2012, 12:34 PM
Anybody enjoying VEEP on HBO right now...

I watched the first ep and thought it was awful. May give it one more try. I think Girls is considerably better and it appears the critics agree with me.

Archer81
05-07-2012, 12:38 PM
True Blood starts in 35 days. #waitingsucks.

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 01:52 PM
I watched the first ep and thought it was awful. May give it one more try.
I've been watching VEEP out of boredom the last three weeks and have found it very mediocre. If you're thinking about trying the format again, at least try The Thick of It first.

Fedaykin
05-07-2012, 02:16 PM
True Blood starts in 35 days. #waitingsucks.

Hopefully the series pulls back from the precipitous drop off in quality of last season.

oubronco
05-07-2012, 03:21 PM
The Devil's Ride looks like it will be a good show premiering Tue nite on Discovery Channel

http://www.discovery.com%2Fvideos%2Fthe-devils-ride-extended-preview.html%23mkcpgn%3Dfbdsc33&h=6AQEwtH9H

Archer81
05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Hopefully the series pulls back from the precipitous drop off in quality of last season.

In the books, Sookie is not as dumb as she is portrayed on tv.

Drunken.Broncoholic
05-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Drinking made easy.

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 04:56 PM
I was going to mention The Thick of It. Anybody enjoying VEEP on HBO right now should stop watching and just download The Thick of It, which VEEP is a remake of. Malcolm Tucker is what Al Swearengen would be like if he were British and involved in politics.

Isn't this on BBC America? I recorded it but haven't watched it. If it is what I think it is he did a character in a movie about government machinations and special interest that starred the dude from the Sopranos. It was ok, the Britishers were very good in it.

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 05:00 PM
My wife and daughter are saving the last episode of Downton Abby for my birthday next month. They want me to have Christmas in June and they feel that saving an episode will lessen the pain of having to wait for the next series.

El Minion
05-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Metacritic top 100 shows (going back to 2005):

The Wire: Season 4
Metascore: 98
Start date: Sep 10, 2006

Breaking Bad: Season 4
Start date: Jul 17, 2011

The Sopranos: Season 6
Start date: Mar 12, 2006

Battlestar Galactica (2003): Season 3
Metascore: 94
Start date: Oct 6, 2006

Bleak House: Season 1
Metascore: 93
Start date: Oct 27, 2005

Mad Men: Season 4
Start date: Jul 25, 2010

Downton Abbey: Season 1
Start date: Jan 9, 2011

I'm usually a hit (The Remains of the Day) or miss (The Hours) fan when comes to British period pieces, but Downtown Abbey couldn't hold my interest. Though I did start with season two.

Shananahan
05-07-2012, 06:34 PM
Isn't this on BBC America? I recorded it but haven't watched it. If it is what I think it is he did a character in a movie about government machinations and special interest that starred the dude from the Sopranos. It was ok, the Britishers were very good in it.
You're talking about In The Loop, and yeah it's the same exact character.

That movie is basically The Thick of It incorporated into a Hollywood satire about the war, and was directed by the guy behind The Thick of It and VEEP.

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
I'm usually a hit (The Remains of the Day) or miss (The Hours) fan when comes to British period pieces, but Downtown Abbey couldn't hold my interest. Though I did start with season two.

You must start the greatest chick show ever from Season 1 or it is a complete muddle. Plus it helps if you fall head over heals in love for a certain Lady on the show.

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 07:44 PM
You're talking about In The Loop, and yeah it's the same exact character.

That movie is basically The Thick of It incorporated into a Hollywood satire about the war, and was directed by the guy behind The Thick of It and VEEP.

I was going to watch Sherlock tonight but maybe I go for In the Loop 1st. that dude stole that movie.

DivineLegion
05-07-2012, 08:46 PM
Into the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman

broncosteven
05-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Into the Worm Hole with Morgan Freeman

Nice call.

Randall Flagg
05-08-2012, 03:41 PM
First post here....

I'm a really big fan of "Sons Of Anarchy" - "Deadwood" - "Men Of A Certain Age" - "Homeland" - "American Horror Story" and, last but not least "Shameless"

and, as a weird twist....

Being an old man - I really like reruns of the "classics"...."Andy Grifith", "Gomer Pyle" etc etc etc....

Gcver2ver3
05-08-2012, 04:05 PM
First post here....

I'm a really big fan of "Sons Of Anarchy" - "Deadwood" - "Men Of A Certain Age" - "Homeland" - "American Horror Story" and, last but not least "Shameless"

Being an old man - I really like reruns of the "classics"...."Andy Grifith", "Gomer Pyle" etc etc etc....

Welcome to the mane...

Sons of anarchy is an awesome show... one of my favs as well...

And i also love andy griffith show but only the ones before don knotts left mayberry...

Bacchus
05-08-2012, 04:28 PM
First post here....

Love the Randall Flagg name. Huge Stephen King fan. Welcome to the Mane!^5

Randall Flagg
05-08-2012, 05:01 PM
Thank You all kindly!! :)

Doggcow
05-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I have a free night so I called Comcast to 'complain' and get free HBO to watch Game Of Thrones XD

Requiem
05-08-2012, 06:38 PM
Desperate for TV. Sad.

Doggcow
05-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Catching up on Game of Thrones, on Season 2, Who the hell is this red bitch, and What the **** just came out of her vagina!?!?

Fedaykin
05-23-2012, 11:49 PM
So I watched the first couple seasons of Breaking Bad on Netflix.

****ing terrible show after the first season. When the main characters are idiots, blow right past the moral event horizon and lack any redeeming quality whatsoever, I have no interest. How has this show lasted 5 seasons?