PDA

View Full Version : Brock Osweiler's Tattoo Fail

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 08:54 AM
Brock Osweiler's Tattoo Fail

A picture of Brock Osweiler raising his arms triumphantly in victory as he exited the playing field, proudly showing off his muscular, tattooed arms.

In case you can’t make that out, the right arm reads “Leave Your Legacy,” while the left one is inked with the equally inspirational “Live Life To It’s Fullest.”

Either Osweiler, a college student no less, can’t differentiate between its and it’s, or he didn’t proofread the tattoo artist’s sketch before having it permanently etched on his left bicep. Thankfully Osweiler isn’t an English major, or this would be really embarrassing for him.

http://lastangryfan.com/2011/09/arizona-state-qb-brock-osweilers-tattoo-is-inspiring-grammatically-flawed/

Heyneck
05-03-2012, 09:02 AM
hahahahahahahahaha

Kaylore
05-03-2012, 09:05 AM
In the word's of strong Bad:

"If it's supposed to be possesive, then it's 'I-T-S. If it's supposed to be a contraction, then it's 'I-T-apostrophe-SSSSS'.....Scalawag."

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 09:14 AM
If only there was a way to rapidly identify poor decision makers... like a permanent brand or some kind of metallic tag...

Dedhed
05-03-2012, 09:17 AM
Me thinks the author is reaching. Osweiler said in the Gruden interview that he got that tattoo in high school, so the author missed with that particular stab. Most people are dumb in high school.

Greatspirits
05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Hay, he's from Montana!!

bronco militia
05-03-2012, 09:20 AM
thank god he didn't have a his best friends name tatooed on his body

wait....

baja
05-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Hay, he's from Montana!!

LOL that does explain it.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
"Go the distance"

Cito Pelon
05-03-2012, 09:23 AM
Maybe he A) has an alternate personality that calls itself "It" and refers to itself in the third-person.

Or B) maybe he's just a born loser that only made it this far because he has an arm to help his handful of braincells along.

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 09:25 AM
thank god he didn't have a his best friends name tatooed on his body

wait....

I think you are on to something here, maybe we should check Jack Elway for matching tattoos.

BroncoBeavis
05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Hay, he's from Montana!!

I won't point out who the last big-name QB prospect from the great state of MT was.

Because you already know. :)

Chris
05-03-2012, 09:30 AM
If he's from Montana did he grow up a Broncos fan?

schaaf
05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Hay, he's from Montana!!

cock mongler.

Man-Goblin
05-03-2012, 09:32 AM
His other arm says "Carpie Diem".

Man-Goblin
05-03-2012, 09:33 AM
I won't point out who the last big-name QB prospect from the great state of MT was.

For the last time, Joe Montana wasn't really from Montana!

schaaf
05-03-2012, 09:34 AM
that publicity stunt sure worked for Ismay, Montana... wait

Kaylore
05-03-2012, 09:38 AM
What's sad is he could have subed the "it's" for a "the" and the meaning would have remained the same and he wouldn't look the fool.

Requiem
05-03-2012, 09:42 AM
Wow. . .

bfoflcommish
05-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Hay, he's from Montana!!

http://www.ronmertens.com/2004/abirim/images/hay.jpg

why you speaking to the hay?

Archer81
05-03-2012, 09:45 AM
Well now he can afford to get them fixed, or have them removed.

Yay, money.

:Broncos:

DenverBroncosJM
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
If he really cared enough he could have it removed and just redone. The laser hurts like hell but that would take about 30 seconds a session.

Taco John
05-03-2012, 09:46 AM
In the word's of strong Bad:

"If it's supposed to be possesive, then it's 'I-T-S. If it's supposed to be a contraction, then it's 'I-T-apostrophe-SSSSS'.....Scalawag."

It's It's it.

BroncoBeavis
05-03-2012, 09:48 AM
It's It's it.

What is it?

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Hay, he's from Montana!!

I hope he's not prone to "breaking and entering" like the other can't miss qb from the Big Sky Country.

baja
05-03-2012, 09:49 AM

Leaf was misunderstood.

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 09:52 AM
What's sad is he could have subed the "it's" for a "the" and the meaning would have remained the same and he wouldn't look the fool.

I can hear my old English teacher saying "it's not fullest but most full".

baja
05-03-2012, 09:54 AM
I can hear my old English teacher saying "it's not fullest but most full".

In Oakland it's more fuller

BroncoBeavis
05-03-2012, 09:55 AM

NW Montana (Kalispell) is more Seachickens country if anything. Broncs are probably most popular over the state, but in the far west, there's a lot more of a Pacific NW vibe.

Then again a lot of people just pick a team since there's not a really local team.

But he could've been a fan. I don't know.

It's a big state. I live in MT, but I'm closer to Denver than Kalispell.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 09:57 AM

Dats raycest

DenverBrit
05-03-2012, 09:57 AM
His other arm says "Carpie Diem".

Might have been Carp Diem. "Fish of the day". ;D

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
The right arm says “Leave Your Legacy” and in small print it says "See Left Arm"

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 10:06 AM
The right arm says “Leave Your Legacy” and in small print it says "See Left Arm"

Lololololololol

Pick Six
05-03-2012, 10:13 AM
What is it?

"It's it. What is it?"

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Bro Montana's ink might be tarded.... but its orders of magnitude cooler than Tyler Bray's backtat.

Lestat
05-03-2012, 10:32 AM
lol well putting them under your arms is kinda dumb to begin with but he was in HS and wanted a tattoo badly so we'll blame poor decision making of a youth.

BroncoBen
05-03-2012, 10:39 AM

I think I heard him say he grew up a 49er fan.

BroncoBeavis
05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
"It's it. What is it?"

Can you feel it?

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 10:43 AM
lol well putting them under your arms is kinda dumb to begin with but he was in HS and wanted a tattoo badly so we'll blame poor decision making of a youth.

Parent fail...

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 10:47 AM
Me thinks the author is reaching. Osweiler said in the Gruden interview that he got that tattoo in high school, so the author missed with that particular stab. Most people are dumb in high school.

What kind of parents let their kids get full under arm tattoos in high school?

BroncoBeavis
05-03-2012, 10:49 AM
What kind of parents let their kids get full under arm tattoos in high school?

Once they're 18, nothing Parents can do. A lot of kids have their whole Senior year as an "adult"

razorwire77
05-03-2012, 10:55 AM
Tramp stamp only on his arm = Fail

Tramp stamp only on his arm + contraction/possessive pronoun confusion = ASU education.

Lestat
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Once they're 18, nothing Parents can do. A lot of kids have their whole Senior year as an "adult"

depends on the parents, i'm 25 and my parents still remind me that i'm never too old to get my ass whooped by them should i do something really stupid.
obviously i'm not literally going to let them whoop my ass, but i've never given them any trouble so the point made from the time i was able to understand them til now still stands.

some are more lenient than others. i got the old school "go out to the backyard and bring me a switch." type.

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 11:02 AM

I had plenty of say with my kids while they were living under my roof in high school even during their senior year.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2012, 11:07 AM
Nothing can be as bad as this...
The 2nd one will be cool when Madness goes back on tour (hey, they have a song in a car commercial!) or Vans shoes goes retro with some slip ons.

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 11:15 AM
Wanna buy an E

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 11:17 AM
He needs to get this fixed. I can't ever release the bonds on my fandom until he gets this fixed. It's just embarrassing.

Greatspirits
05-03-2012, 11:21 AM
http://www.ronmertens.com/2004/abirim/images/hay.jpg

why you speaking to the hay?

It was a reference to misspelled words, I do know the difference between "Hay" and "Hey"

iforgotmypassword
05-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Lay off the Montanyons. Leaf sure doesn't make us proud, but we've got some solid guys. Marc Mariani. Actually we have a pretty good population/NFL player ratio.

gyldenlove
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
http://offbeatink.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/glasses-tattoo.jpg
http://www.doobybrain.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/56-tattoo-star-girl.jpg

BroncoBeavis
05-03-2012, 11:29 AM
I had plenty of say with my kids while they were living under my roof in high school even during their senior year.

I'm sure you had plenty to say. And I'm almost as sure they never did anything you didn't approve of. :)

schaaf
05-03-2012, 12:08 PM
NW Montana (Kalispell) is more Seachickens country if anything. Broncs are probably most popular over the state, but in the far west, there's a lot more of a Pacific NW vibe.

Then again a lot of people just pick a team since there's not a really local team.

But he could've been a fan. I don't know.

It's a big state. I live in MT, but I'm closer to Denver than Kalispell.

Where you from Beavis?

hambone13
05-03-2012, 12:18 PM

How about Elway's post draft interview were he claims that because he went to Stanford, at least they know he's smart....he did get a 35 on the Wonderlic. Ooops.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2012, 12:19 PM

Actually, In Oakland it's most fullest, mother****er!

DarkHorse
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM
If only there was a way to rapidly identify poor decision makers... like a permanent brand or some kind of metallic tag...

Or a tattoo......

broncocalijohn
05-03-2012, 12:21 PM

That is because many "Failed" sometime before that year to be almost or are 19 when they graduate.

DarkHorse
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
You guys are spoiled being able to pick something like that out...

Any of you actually live in the inner city, anywhere?

Heard a teenager in the mall say this to her parents

"Know I be sayin"

I now use this when talking to my kids, it's actually quite funny - know I be sayin?

My favorite gem, of all time, will NEVER be beat.

Corporate America job, extremely white collar - Administrative Coordinator discussing piss poor grade that was given to her son:

"Dem teachers don't be knowin what dey be talkin bout"

I swear to God, can't make this stuff up. I'll never forget hearing those 2 gems, they're forever burned into my brain.

DomCasual
05-03-2012, 12:26 PM
Or a tattoo......

You don't miss much, my good friend! :)

DarkHorse
05-03-2012, 12:27 PM
You don't miss much, my good friend! :)

LOL - did I miss someone already posting that? I got to Doc's post and replied, now you have me actually reading the thread. Shame on you

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Or a tattoo......

Bertstare

Tombstone RJ
05-03-2012, 12:33 PM

hmmm... like a tattoo that says "I'm not real smart"?

Tombstone RJ
05-03-2012, 12:34 PM

I'll bet if he watched the NFL it was Seattle.

Drunk Monkey
05-03-2012, 12:44 PM
You guys are spoiled being able to pick something like that out...

Any of you actually live in the inner city, anywhere?

Heard a teenager in the mall say this to her parents

"Know I be sayin"

I now use this when talking to my kids, it's actually quite funny - know I be sayin?

My favorite gem, of all time, will NEVER be beat.

Corporate America job, extremely white collar - Administrative Coordinator discussing piss poor grade that was given to her son:

"Dem teachers don't be knowin what dey be talkin bout"

I swear to God, can't make this stuff up. I'll never forget hearing those 2 gems, they're forever burned into my brain.

Lol, that's pretty bad.

I was in downtown Atlanta and overheard a gem of a conversation between "Koolaid" and the girl he was hitting on "Tokyo". Subtitles would have come in handy. I got about 50% of the conversation.

Pony Boy
05-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Geet, not yet wat ya want teet.

Bacchus
05-03-2012, 12:54 PM
At first I thought this thread would be fail, but now I'm grooving it.

http://th1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/harmonyhelms/Supernatural%20gifs/th_tumblr_lzbe975gw31qcpei7.gif

baja
05-03-2012, 12:59 PM
Who was the poster that would translate street talk into well spoken English?

It was hilarious

cmhargrove
05-03-2012, 01:02 PM
Maybe he can turn that apostrophe into a pac man...

myMind
05-03-2012, 01:37 PM
At least he'll have the money to remove the apostrophe.

Gort
05-03-2012, 02:39 PM
At first I thought this thread would be fail, but now I'm grooving it.

http://th1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff506/harmonyhelms/Supernatural%20gifs/th_tumblr_lzbe975gw31qcpei7.gif

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/captions-lolz-14.jpg

bronco militia
05-03-2012, 02:50 PM
Or a tattoo......

nothing gets past this guy

;D

DarkHorse
05-03-2012, 03:29 PM
nothing gets past this guy

;D

5 years of beating my head against the wall watching the Broncos has taken it's toll

Archer81
05-03-2012, 05:52 PM
You know what the tattoos tell me?

Get Brock wasted, and I check off "sleep with a professional athlete" on my bucket list.

El Minion
05-03-2012, 06:40 PM
Late to this thread but first with the tattoo post. :ouwknow: Should have posted as new thread :hitself:

:sunshine:

He also has spelling issues:

http://www.cbssports.com/images/collegefootball/osweilertatoverlay.jpg

BTW, his other arm says: "Leave You're Legacy" :wiggle:

broncosteven
05-03-2012, 06:59 PM
Perrish Cox liked the movie Girl with the dragon tattoo so much he got "I'm a Rapist" tattoo'ed to his chest.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 07:04 PM
Late to this thread but first with the tattoo post. :ouwknow: Should have posted as new thread :hitself:

:sunshine:

Seriously?

El Minion
05-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Seriously?

Yes, I look for internet message board affirmation :wave:

http://lifetransitioncounselor.com/blog/uploaded_images/stuart_smalley-771299.jpg

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 07:32 PM
Yes, I look for internet message board affirmation :wave:

http://lifetransitioncounselor.com/blog/uploaded_images/stuart_smalley-771299.jpg

Lol I was referring to "leave you're legacy"... does it seriously say that?

broncolife
05-03-2012, 08:01 PM

hambone13
05-03-2012, 08:02 PM
Perrish Cox liked the movie Girl with the dragon tattoo so much he got "I'm a Rapist" tattoo'ed to his chest.

Nou dat chits funae

rmsanger
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
meh... nothing to see here; move along!

Archer81
05-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Actually...now that I think about it, Brock looks like one of the kids from Red Dawn.

Hmm...

Requiem
05-03-2012, 08:25 PM
http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lovln8sBYL1r0u8ydo1_500.gif

El Minion
05-03-2012, 08:27 PM
Lol I was referring to "leave you're legacy"... does it seriously say that?

Hilarious! What a double whammy on the reflection of the state of education for Montana on producing such a basic grammatically impaired star student athlete. Don't ruin such a good story with the facts :~ohyah!:

The news report would have pointed out the other arm if true.

Archer81
05-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Makes me wonder about the tattoo artist more than Brock. At 18 everyone is a dumbass. An adult doing the tattoo should know better...unless the guy was a guatemalan pearl farmer who managed to get that far north and needed a job.

hambone13
05-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Dats raycest

You wanna hear racist, fill in ethnicity on this story. I was out at soccer practice with my two kids who are 8 and 9. (Yeah, that makes 'em Irish twins. What of it?) I walked in on a conversation with a few of the moms and dads, all of mixed ethnicity including, Irish-American, Mexican-American, Danish-American, Ethiopian-American, etc.

The story teller was a female-American from Canada who had dark enough skin to be Haitian-American but claimed that she got her darker skin from her southern Indian (dot not feather) heritage. Interestingly enough, we had to get all of these details out before anyone could hear this story, in her opinion because she works for the Denver Public School system. Getting on to the actual story....

The discussion was based on all of the new, unique and unusual names that have surfaced over the last generation or so. The Canadian Dot (oh wait, is that racist or just culturally specific adjectives?) continues to describe one of her favorites' which is "Abcde" = "Absedee". We all got a real kick out of that one because there is something clever about it. Then, this this doozie surfaced as her most daunting experience ever during "roll call" on the first day of school.....

She reads, "Le - a" (Official School List of Legal Names). She reads it again and again then ventures to pronounce, "Is 'Leeah' Jenkins here?".

Out of crowd of first day students, in a very irritated voice (This is fourth grade so this obviously is not the first time this little girl has had to struggle through this.) She hears, "IT'S 'LADASHA' dammit!"

I was laughing so hard after I processed the symbol to phonetic relevance that I nearly threw up my granola bar from soccer snack.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Makes me wonder about the tattoo artist more than Brock. At 18 everyone is a dumbass. An adult doing the tattoo should know better...unless the guy was a guatemalan pearl farmer who managed to get that far north and needed a job.

On the contrary, I think the guy might be a genius who is f#%king with dumb kids by permanently branding this kind of hillarity onto unsuspecting bros.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 08:42 PM
You wanna hear racist, fill in ethnicity on this story. I was out at soccer practice with my two kids who are 8 and 9. (Yeah, that makes 'em Irish twins. What of it?) I walked in on a conversation with a few of the moms and dads, all of mixed ethnicity including, Irish-American, Mexican-American, Danish-American, Ethiopian-American, etc.

The story teller was a female-American from Canada who had dark enough skin to be Haitian-American but claimed that she got her darker skin from her southern Indian (dot not feather) heritage. Interestingly enough, we had to get all of these details out before anyone could hear this story, in her opinion because she works for the Denver Public School system. Getting on to the actual story....

The discussion was based on all of the new, unique and unusual names that have surfaced over the last generation or so. The Canadian Dot (oh wait, is that racist or just culturally specific adjectives?) continues to describe one of her favorites' which is "Abcde" = "Absedee". We all got a real kick out of that one because there is something clever about it. Then, this this doozie surfaced as her most daunting experience ever during "roll call" on the first day of school.....

She reads, "Le - a" (Official School List of Legal Names). She reads it again and again then ventures to pronounce, "Is 'Leeah' Jenkins here?".

Out of crowd of first day students, in a very irritated voice (This is fourth grade so this obviously is not the first time this little girl has had to struggle through this.) She hears, "IT'S 'LADASHA' dammit!"

I was laughing so hard after I processed the symbol to phonetic relevance that I nearly threw up my granola bar from soccer snack.

I loled

Archer81
05-03-2012, 08:43 PM
On the contrary, I think the guy might be a genius who is f#%king with dumb kids by permanently branding this kind of hillarity onto unsuspecting bros.

So in effect he is harshing Brock's broness?

The little known montana effect.

hambone13
05-03-2012, 08:46 PM
I loled

I guess that makes you an Internet-American with cognitive skills in the 99th percentile.

broncosteven
05-03-2012, 09:05 PM

My band director used to tell a simular story.

Back in the '60's he started a new school year off with the freshmen cadet band by doing roll call. He got to a kid named Leroy, being a southerner who was raised in Mississippi during Jim Crow, 20 miles away from where Faulker grew up, in a town that had a civil war memorial outside of the court house called out the name with a French acent as Le-roy. He said the kid, who was white called back "it's LEE-roy" You kinda have to know a honkey southerner to get it.

hambone13
05-03-2012, 09:06 PM
I loled

Just as a point of clarity, this was a '-' not a '--' on her official records.

hambone13
05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
My band director used to tell a simular story.

Back in the '60's he started a new school year off with the freshmen cadet band by doing roll call. He got to a kid named Leroy, being a southerner who was raised in Mississippi during Jim Crow, 20 miles away from where Faulker grew up, in a town that had a civil war memorial outside of the court house called out the name with a French acent as Le-roy. He said the kid, who was white called back "it's LEE-roy" You kinda have to know a honkey southerner to get it.

I don't see the similarity at all and I know tons of honkey southerners. This is a symbol that's expected to be pronounced as it's nomenclature, within a name and spoken fluidly together. When in reality, if it was done so properly, it would have been, "Le-Hyphen-a", not "LA-DASH-A" based on the symbol used but even if you don't know the difference, symbolically between '-' and '--', they're both a bit ridiculous in the expectation of the pronunciation based on spelling or whatever. There's nothing intelligent about it unless you're reverting back to some sort of ancient Navajo code that only Navajo elders can break.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-03-2012, 09:16 PM

I got it the first time, professor.

hambone13
05-03-2012, 09:23 PM
I got it the first time, professor.

Yeah, I just started thinking I might need to start filling in some of the blanks before tattoos started being had on behalf of the intended comedy.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2012, 11:00 PM

Dont you think you answered your own question? (In bold)

Archer81
05-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Dont you think you answered your own question? (In bold)

You think 18 year olds are adults in anyway but name?

Requiem
05-03-2012, 11:03 PM
Chris brings up an interesting question. If Brock and his friend were too dumb to get the grammar down, you would at least hope the guy or gal who inked them would lend them a helping hand and spare them the grammatical embarassment. Then again, they could have got high on meth and did them in a trailer park. Looks about that type of quality. And if they did it in the trailer park, they probably wouldn't know what grammar is about. So, well, we got a dumb back-up QB.

Hope he can read a defense better than he can find Waldo.

broncocalijohn
05-03-2012, 11:05 PM

Then it would have been LaDashesa for the name. Duh!

broncocalijohn
05-03-2012, 11:06 PM
You think 18 year olds are adults in anyway but name?

I think adults working in a tattoo shop probably didnt conquer English in school.

Archer81
05-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I think adults working in a tattoo shop probably didnt conquer English in school.

Anything is possible of course.

ghwk
05-03-2012, 11:11 PM
Dats raycest

There's the Ebonics I was looking for!

hambone13
05-04-2012, 01:11 PM
Chris brings up an interesting question. If Brock and his friend were too dumb to get the grammar down, you would at least hope the guy or gal who inked them would lend them a helping hand and spare them the grammatical embarassment. Then again, they could have got high on meth and did them in a trailer park. Looks about that type of quality. And if they did it in the trailer park, they probably wouldn't know what grammar is about. So, well, we got a dumb back-up QB.

Hope he can read a defense better than he can find Waldo.

Well said

hambone13
05-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Then it would have been LaDashesa for the name. Duh!

lol, with an "es" not just a "s"? Is there a plural rendition of "dash" I'm not aware of when it's intended to be a "double dash" and not a hyphen?