PDA

View Full Version : Which trio of drafted Arizona college players would you rather have?

Broncobiv
05-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Denver now has 3 new Arizona State Sun Devils on its roster (with draft position):

QB Brock Osweiler (2.25), CB Omar Bolden (6.4), WR Gerell Robinson (UDFA)

Interestingly, during the course of the draft, 3 University of Arizona Wildcats at the exact same positions were also taken:

QB Nick Foles (3.25), WR Juron Criner (5.33), CB Trevin Wade (7.38)

The question is...which trio would you rather have on our beloved Broncos?

I'm assuming we are now fairly familiar with the 3 ASU guys, after discussions for the past week. So in case you're not familiar with the U of A guys, I quickly copied their draft overviews from NFL.com:

Foles has been a productive signal-caller for Arizona through three years as a starter and has the arm strength and size that warrants first-day consideration for teams looking to fill a void at quarterback. He is a mechanically sound passer who has a solid release. In a different year, Foles might have been considered the top quarterback in the class. He is a big-time leader who rarely gets rattled. Foles' athletic ability will be a concern to some, and some project him as a "game manager" type. But his skill set speaks for itself, so he should be at least a serviceable starter at the next level. If teams can fall in love with his arm strength, he could be selected as early as the second round to develop and become an eventual starter.

Criner is a raw talent who was inconsistent throughout his career at Arizona. He was dominant in the Pac-12 at times and used his athleticism and leaping ability to simply make more plays than the man across from him. Criner effectively uses his great size when going for jump balls or when "boxing out" to catch balls in the short game. He shows his athleticism after the catch, displaying an ability to make things happen early in the play, and has the burst to finish them. He needs to learn how to show up every Sunday, but his talent alone legitimizes him as a prospect. He should be one of the first five receivers taken off the board.

Wade had an interesting collegiate career, with plenty of ups and downs in the past three years. Initially touted as a top corner prospect after a stellar sophomore season in which he blanketed future pros, Wade had a down junior year and lost some of his luster. He showed many flashes again as a senior that have propelled him back into the discussion of the draft's top cornerback prospects. Wade is a productive cover corner who has the size, footwork and skills to make an impact as a potential starter at the next level. He could be taken as early as the second round.

maher_tyler
05-02-2012, 09:06 PM
I think Foles will have a better career in the NFL. Who drafted him?

Broncobiv
05-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Foles - Eagles
Criner - Raiders
Wade - Browns

Mogulseeker
05-02-2012, 09:42 PM
Def the one we got.

SoCalBronco
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
"**** Mike Bell. **** Arizona".

/Khan

:)

BroncoMan4ever
05-02-2012, 10:18 PM
I think Foles will have a better career in the NFL. Who drafted him?

he will be the Eagles starting QB within 2 years.

maher_tyler
05-03-2012, 06:01 AM
he will be the Eagles starting QB within 2 years.

I watched him play mutiple times. I don't see anything that bad about him. Enough work with Andy Reid and he'll be a pro bowl QB in the next 5 years.

Lestat
05-03-2012, 09:33 AM
i'd rather have our trio. i did want Criner though.

gyldenlove
05-03-2012, 09:41 AM
Bolden is strictly better than Wade, Osweiler has more upside than Foles but is also more raw and requires much more coaching and the right mind set to assimilate that coaching. Criner is a better prospect than Robinson, but I doubt either one will be a starter in the NFL.

I prefer the Broncos trio because Bolden is only one of the 6 who has projectable starter potential, the WRs and Wade look like backups and the QBs are very difficult to project.

Rohirrim
05-03-2012, 10:29 AM
Nick Foles was the guy I wanted for the Broncos if they were going to go after a QB, but I had him going in the sixth round. The Iggles taking him in the third was a surprise. As far as receivers go, I would have MUCH preferred Reuben Randle. I think that miss will bite us on the ass.

Lestat
05-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Foles was always IMO going to go higher than he should have based on his season. if you look at his film before he was being highly regarded as a NFL prospect and he was money. but once the scrutiny got tighter he started making more mistakes and had more issues with bad plays.

people probably don't remember this but many felt he was on par with Matt Barkley when they had the Pac-10 QB's on SC a few years back with Herm Edwards. heck many felt he was going to surpass Barkley.

Foles to me if he kept on his trajectory before the hype would have been a top 20 pick. pro size, arm, instincts & etc. if he pans out he's a Bledsoe type of QB.
so the Eagles are a perfect place for him.

Rohirrim
05-03-2012, 10:45 AM
If the Broncos had sat still after the first Pats trade, they could have walked away with

31. Derek Wolfe
57. Reuben Randle
87. Nick Foles

and still probably picked up Hillman, or if not, then Turbin or Gray later. If not Bolden, then Boykin. They would have had three fourth rounders. I'd have felt better about that, personally speaking.

HILife
05-03-2012, 11:17 AM
If the Broncos had sat still after the first Pats trade, they could have walked away with

31. Derek Wolfe
57. Reuben Randle
87. Nick Foles

and still probably picked up Hillman, or if not, then Turbin or Gray later. If not Bolden, then Boykin. They would have had three fourth rounders. I'd have felt better about that, personally speaking.

I think it's pretty clear that they value Oz way more then Foles. Did he even get a visit?

SureShot
05-03-2012, 11:49 AM
I think it's pretty clear that they value Oz way more then Foles. Did he even get a visit?

After Elway watched Foles lose to a Colorado team that had RBs playing CB he probably had seen enough.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/wildcatreport/files/2011/11/uspw_5693220-560x373.jpg

barryr
05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
ASU has a RB named Cameron Marshall that I like quite a bit. He will be a senior next year. It will be interesting to see how he does with a new coaching staff and QB.