Will Smith suspended 4 games
Scott Fujita suspended 3 games

Per Albert Breer

bfoflcommish
05-02-2012, 08:53 AM
wow

That One Guy
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
We knew that Vilma was gonna be bad but it kinda sucks that it maybe simply be due to his story getting the most publicity.

JLesSPE
05-02-2012, 08:54 AM
No Tracy Porter...so that's good. I wasn't expecting him to get suspended but at least now we know for sure.

MABroncoFan
05-02-2012, 08:55 AM
Porter clear as expected/hoped.

UberBroncoMan
LOL AT VILMA

W/E though. The Saints managed to sign the top 2 FA LB's so they're fine. Arguably better LB's too. Vilma was hurt and crappy last year.

Old Dude
Looks like Porter is cleared.

UberBroncoMan
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Will Smith will be back in time for us. Shame.

Wes Mantooth
05-02-2012, 08:58 AM
Man I wish they were on our schedule early! :)

JLesSPE
05-02-2012, 08:59 AM
"Linebacker Jonathan Vilma of the Saints is suspended without pay for the 2012 NFL season, effective immediately per league policy for season-long suspensions. The investigation concluded that while a captain of the defensive unit Vilma assisted Coach Williams in establishing and funding the program. Multiple independent sources also confirmed that Vilma offered a specific bounty -- $10,000 in cash – to any player who knocked Arizona quarterback Kurt Warner out of the 2009 Divisional Playoff Game and later pledged the same amount to anyone who knocked Minnesota quarterback Brett Favre out of the 2009 NFC Championship Game the following week (played on January 24, 2010). Vilma is eligible to be reinstated after the Super Bowl in 2013."

http://nfllabor.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/5-2-12-saints-players1.pdf

That's an interesting bit of information

Lestat
05-02-2012, 09:00 AM
wow, definitely gonna be some appeals but they're boned.

Dedhed
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Knew it was going to be hefty. Commish is gonna set a hard example using the Saints.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
Honestly a year isn't enough IMO. F these guys.

UberBroncoMan
05-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Honestly a year isn't enough IMO. F these guys.

Pretty light too.

Only half players are still with the Saints. One at a position they upgraded and the other is just four games.

broncocalijohn
05-02-2012, 09:07 AM
Pretty light too.

Only half players are still with the Saints. One at a position they upgraded and the other is just four games.

But that 4 gamer is a free agent that signed with another team (Wasnt it the packers?) That sucks for them but I am wondering if they knew that those players could be possibly suspended.

BroncoBeavis
05-02-2012, 09:10 AM
But that 4 gamer is a free agent that signed with another team (Wasnt it the packers?) That sucks for them but I am wondering if they knew that those players could be possibly suspended.

They should pull a few compensatory picks from the Saints for that too.

Ronnie Tsunami
05-02-2012, 09:17 AM
Jonathan Vilma
College: University of Miami
NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12
2012 suspension: 16 games

DJ Williams
NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17
2012 suspension: 6 games

ludo21
05-02-2012, 09:18 AM
vilma and dj can hang out together

JLesSPE
05-02-2012, 09:20 AM
Jonathan Vilma
NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 1 / Pick: 12
2012 suspension: 16 games

DJ Williams
NFL Draft: 2004 / Round: 1 / Pick: 17
2012 suspension: 6 games

Not surprising, "The U" pushes out a lot of players with pretty questionable character.

BroncoBen
05-02-2012, 09:22 AM
No Tracy Porter...so that's good. I wasn't expecting him to get suspended but at least now we know for sure.

Yea, I didn't think Tracy Porter was going to get suspended... I seem to remember him saying he didn't know anything about it. And you figure, with the way the NFL is you better be telling the truth.

g6matty
05-02-2012, 09:24 AM
whos hargrove

srphoenix
05-02-2012, 09:25 AM
I find it funny that Vilma's twitter account's main picture is him on the cover of the SI issue discussing the bounty fallout.

JLesSPE
05-02-2012, 09:25 AM
Yea, I didn't think Tracy Porter was going to get suspended... I seem to remember him saying he didn't know anything about it. And you figure, with the way the NFL is you better be telling the truth.

You'd think so...but all this proves these fellers aren't the sharpest knives in the drawer...

Lestat
05-02-2012, 09:38 AM
whos hargrove

the dude that was reportedly screaming pay me my money, i want my 10 G's after knocking out Favre i believe.

but he's a DL who is with the Packers now.

lonestar
05-02-2012, 09:49 AM
I suspect that Vilma and possibly DJ's career is over..
or at least as starters..

they were brothers in college and as someone stated came from the "U" which while having loads of players in the NFL pormoted much of this kind of conduct in bringing in morons to just play football.. And providing Zero "higher" learning while there..

as for DJ his play is not at the level of his salary cap number, so if he comes back I suspect that he will be asked to redo the numbers..

UNfortunately the teams affected still have to pay these morons while on suspension with that money going to charity..

I wonder who gets the tax write off?

I at least hope it is the team in question and not the NFL..

PLEASE if God is merciful make sure it it's not the player that is rewarded..

Kaylore
05-02-2012, 09:50 AM
The NFLPA is in a tough spot here. They want to defend their player's right to work, but the coach's got it worse and the NFL is doing it in the name of protecting players. I am sure they are all going to appeal, but realistically on what grounds?

Lestat
05-02-2012, 09:52 AM
Vilma is ****ed like Jenna Jameson if she was the last woman on earth and 20 men were left to repopulate it.

DJ isn't getting suspended most likely, the NFL screwed itself when they canned the person who was involved in this scenario. even if he does it'll likely be reduced.
far as his salary goes i'd imagine that situation would have come up already when they were addressing Goodman's numbers.

Garcia Bronco
05-02-2012, 09:54 AM
DJ shouldn't be suspended IMO and I don't like him.

Lestat
05-02-2012, 09:57 AM
The NFLPA is in a tough spot here. They want to defend their player's right to work, but the coach's got it worse and the NFL is doing it in the name of protecting players. I am sure they are all going to appeal, but realistically on what grounds?

this will all come down to how much evidence the NFL actually had over the course of it(bounty gate) taking place.

if they can only find a clear cut example of two to three games and the rest of the evidence is circumstantial based upon whispers and conjecture then it begins to water down the pool of evidence and makes it likely that this goes to a 3rd party for arbitration.

but if the NFL has enough evidence to show a clear cut line of willful participation on the part of the saints coaches,players,gm & it can list the games and years in which it happened then it will not matter what legal action the NFLPA takes.

gyldenlove
05-02-2012, 10:00 AM

They won't win any appeal, but the will take it to court like the Starcaps case, that was also a bunch of Stains cheating - Will Smith was in on both of those - they are going to try to win an injunction by dragging it out long enough for the players involved to retire before they have to sit out their suspension.

I really hope Goodell gives them a choice of accepting responsibility of repercussions for salary cap violations - I think you would start with a 1st rounder from the Saints and if the players don't cooperate we just keep adding 1st rounders.

g6matty
05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
why is every one hating on DJ he has been our most solid linebacker since hes been drafted. we dont win the miami game with out him. hes good at blitzing and a sure solid tackler.

its the champ bailey effect. we've had champ for so long we dont know what its going to be like with out him. they show up every week and we can count on them to step up.

calling for DJ's head and what if we do chop him and the next guy we pick up isnt near the player he is. dumb move we keep him around until he cant play no more

i love dj and want him to retire here.

sisterhellfyre
05-02-2012, 10:34 AM
Vilma might as well just retire and let it end.

Lestat
05-02-2012, 10:40 AM
why is every one hating on DJ he has been our most solid linebacker since hes been drafted. we dont win the miami game with out him. hes good at blitzing and a sure solid tackler.

its the champ bailey effect. we've had champ for so long we dont know what its going to be like with out him. they show up every week and we can count on them to step up.

calling for DJ's head and what if we do chop him and the next guy we pick up isnt near the player he is. dumb move we keep him around until he cant play no more

i love dj and want him to retire here.

because the potential that he had when he debuted was close to All Pro in terms of impact made. but he just never seemed to be able to capitalize on the potential after he was shuffled around to every position at LB.

Bronco Rob
05-02-2012, 10:44 AM
Saints backup quarterback Chase Daniel tweeted that Vilma found out about his suspension by watching ESPN's "SportsCenter" and not from the league itself.

Daniel's tweet: "I was standing right next 2 @jonvilma51 when he found out abt his suspension ON @SportsCenter. Really? He has to find out about it that way?"

Dr. Broncenstein
05-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Saints backup quarterback Chase Daniel tweeted that Vilma found out about his suspension by watching ESPN's "SportsCenter" and not from the league itself.

Daniel's tweet: "I was standing right next 2 @jonvilma51 when he found out abt his suspension ON @SportsCenter. Really? He has to find out about it that way?"

Well there is at least a little justice....

broncocalijohn
05-02-2012, 10:50 AM
Not surprising, "The U" pushes out a lot of players with pretty questionable character.

If you are looking to get banned by SoCal, you posted correctly.

broncocalijohn
05-02-2012, 10:51 AM

But I guess it is ok for Warner and Favre to find out that there was a bounty on their heads year's later. Who gives a **** about Vilma. It leaked before he found out. Boohoo. I don't Tweet but someone should lay into Chase Daniel on that one.

Dr. Broncenstein
05-02-2012, 10:52 AM
I'm still lolling about Vilma finding out via ESPN. Hahahahaha......

DENVERDUI55
05-02-2012, 11:10 AM
We knew that Vilma was gonna be bad but it kinda sucks that it maybe simply be due to his story getting the most publicity.

Well he is a deserving thug I like it.