PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Looking at Dallas Clark

BroncoSexyDaddy
05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/43632/report-chiefs-look-into-vets

Report: Chiefs look into veteran players
By Bill Williamson

The Kansas City Chiefs are reportedly looking at two aging veterans to add depth at positions where key players are coming off major injuries.

A Kansas City television station reported the Chiefs are visiting with former Indianapolis Colts tight end Dallas Clark and veteran safety O.J. Atogwe. Both players have been on the market for several weeks and haven't gotten much interest.

BroncoSexyDaddy
05-01-2012, 10:36 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1509/dallas-clark

BroncoMan4ever
05-01-2012, 11:20 PM
i find it funny that he may be done, yet in a bad year for him he still had more receptions than the total of all the guys at the TE position on our roster last year.

Jetmeck
05-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Chiefs have some pieces on the board to play with.........in chess your king does little on offense. Cassel is kinda like the king. Few players could get healthy or not...........we shall see but the king Cassel will be their short coming................

Bmore Manning
05-02-2012, 05:35 AM
They are also looking at OJ Atogwe.. I really though he could be a great addition for a title run. He's a better version of Mike Adams, though I think Adams is a sound safety.

Boobs McGee
05-02-2012, 07:28 AM
I would see this more as a signing to glean info on peyton

DENVERDUI55
05-02-2012, 07:39 AM
Nobody has looked at Clark that is saying something.

BroncoSexyDaddy
05-02-2012, 09:01 AM
I'm wondering would it spark any interest from Denver with Clark visiting Kansas City? I think we should give him a look for depth.

g6matty
05-02-2012, 09:02 AM
i find it funny that he may be done, yet in a bad year for him he still had more receptions than the total of all the guys at the TE position on our roster last year.

because tebow cant throw

BroncoMan4ever
05-02-2012, 10:05 AM
because tebow cant throw

it wasn't just last year though. his numbers as a pass catcher last year are better than any player we have had at the position in years, and probably better than any season total production from that position for a few years as well.

UberBroncoMan
05-02-2012, 10:15 AM
He kind of reminds me of Tony Gonzalez.

DENVERDUI55
05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
Tamme was just as productive as Clark when he started with Manning. Pass on him. Old and out of tread.

Captain 'Dre
05-02-2012, 10:20 AM
The Chiefs are looking at him, eh?

Are they pointing and laughing?

broncosteven
05-02-2012, 11:22 AM
Maybe they fear that Mokie(sp?) is still not 100%

Pick Six
05-02-2012, 02:34 PM
Maybe they fear that Mokie(sp?) is still not 100%

I think you could be right, about Moeaki...

KCStud
05-02-2012, 08:31 PM
I think you could be right, about Moeaki...

Moeaki has said he's feeling great. He was working out just fine at OTA's according to the media.

broncosteven
05-02-2012, 08:33 PM
Moeaki has said he's feeling great. He was working out just fine at OTA's according to the media.

So you believe the media?

LOL

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 08:38 PM

I few to space and told the local media my arms aren't tired at all.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 08:39 PM
So you believe the media?

LOL

Oh so Peyton Manning isn't the same thing huh?

And yes the media reported that Moeaki has been checked by doctors and his progress is running smoothly.

broncosteven
05-02-2012, 08:43 PM
Oh so Peyton Manning isn't the same thing huh?

And yes the media reported that Moeaki has been checked by doctors and his progress is running smoothly.

He has made it through the work outs without any set backs.

Personally I would be surprised if he makes it past week 6 but if he does you are going to be in a world of hurt for years to come. A healthy PM is going to feast on teams like KFC and Raiders.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 08:50 PM
He has made it through the work outs without any set backs.

Personally I would be surprised if he makes it past week 6 but if he does you are going to be in a world of hurt for years to come. A healthy PM is going to feast on teams like KFC and Raiders.

Of course he looks great....in shorts. Let's wait til the games start.

Manning has struggled against 3-4 teams, specifically the Chargers and Romeo. Don't see that changing as it's been that way for years. He has a lot to prove to be the old Peyton. Dude hasn't played in a year and his offensive talent isn't that good.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Manning has struggled against 3-4 teams, specifically the Chargers and Romeo. Don't see that changing as it's been that way for years. He has a lot to prove to be the old Peyton. Dude hasn't played in a year and his offensive talent isn't that good.

When did he struggle against the Browns?

Rolandftw
05-02-2012, 08:56 PM

Offensive talent isn't that good? Willing to bet that both Decker and Thomas top 1000 yards this season, if Manning is healthy.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:05 PM
When did he struggle against the Browns?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250925011

Manning 19/23 228 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281130005

Manning 15/21 125 yards, 0 TD's, 2 INT's

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:07 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250925011

Manning 19/23 228 yards, 0 TD's, 1 INT

http://espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=281130005

Manning 15/21 125 yards, 0 TD's, 2 INT's

So he is 2-0 right?

BroncoMan4ever
05-02-2012, 09:09 PM

Manning has never been a athletic freak of nature. he has always been a cerebral QB with pinpoint accuracy. his brain still works and according to his new teammates he is on target.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:09 PM
So he is 2-0 right?

Romeo inherited a no talent Browns team. Want me to bring up Romeo's game against Peyton when he was with the Patriots?

schaaf
05-02-2012, 09:10 PM

It doesn't matter to me one bit, but I read something the other day that they had seen Moeaki walking in Kansas City and he had a VERY noticeable limp. Them bringing in Clark for a visit could very well be an insurance plan or nothing.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:11 PM
Romeo inherited a no talent Browns team. Want me to bring up Romeo's game against Peyton when he was with the Patriots?

Is Romeo going to be playing with those Patriots players with BB and Tom Brady?

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Is Romeo going to be playing with those Patriots players with BB and Tom Brady?

He'll have an immensely more talented team than the 2005 or 2007 Browns team.

The only time Manning won a SB his defense played lights out in the playoffs. Denver's defense isn't that good. Very suspect on the DL and S positions.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:20 PM

I doubt it. 2007 Browns won the North. You guys are a solid 3 team in the West though.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:21 PM

The only time Manning won a SB his defense played lights out in the playoffs. Denver's defense isn't that good. Very suspect on the DL and S positions.

The only time KC won the SB there was 4 teams in the NFL.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:24 PM
I doubt it. 2007 Browns won the North. You guys are a solid 3 team in the West though.

The Browns didn't win the North numbnuts.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:25 PM
The Browns didn't win the North numbnuts.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2007.htm Sorry tied for first at 10-6. KC won't be doing that any time soon.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:27 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cle/2007.htm

http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2007-REG&split=Overall

The Steelers had the same record and tiebreaker....numbnuts.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=div&season=2007-REG&split=Overall

The Steelers had the same record and tiebreaker....numbnuts.

Yeah I fixed my post. Point still remains KC isn't a 8 win team.

Bacchus
05-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I heard the Chief's want Clark because he knows the best Junior Seau jokes.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Yeah I fixed my post. Point still remains KC isn't a 8 win team.

Is that so? The Broncos aren't winning the division next year anyway.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:30 PM

Hilarious!

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Hilarious!

1. KC won 7 games last year without our best player on offense and defense and without our starting QB for half the season.

2. Chargers are the best team in the west.

Bacchus
05-02-2012, 09:33 PM
1. KC won 7 games last year without our best player on offense and defense and without our starting QB for half the season.

Your statring QB.... CassellHilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious!Hilarious! He is still with the Chiefs right??? Hilarious!Hilarious!

QUICK EDIT

Before Cassell got injured last year he threw 10 TD passes and 9 Ints.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:33 PM

1. Denver won more games.

2. Denver added Peyton Manning.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:39 PM
1. Denver won more games.

2. Denver added Peyton Manning.

And who did won the last time we played? ha You won the division because of a blocked FG by Richard Seymour.

And Peyton Manning isn't for sure his old self. And even if he is, he doesn't have all star players anymore. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark.
Top that with a defense that had the best DE combo, a Bob Sanders at full health, solid LB corps. All great players.

You can have the best chef in the world, but if you give him average products to cook with it's not gonna be that good.

El Jué
05-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Romeo inherited a no talent Browns team...

..which paired quite nicely with his no talent head.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:41 PM
And who did won the last time we played? ha You won the division because of a blocked FG by Richard Seymour.

And Peyton Manning isn't for sure his old self. And even if he is, he doesn't have all star players anymore. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark. All great players.

You can have the best chef in the world, but if you give him average products to cook with it's not gonna be that good.

All I see

Rolandftw
05-02-2012, 09:42 PM

I like how you speak in absolutes. There's a much better chance Denver wins the division then KC does.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:44 PM
I am a homer who thinks Peyton Manning alone will win the SB even though he has a losing record in the playoffs.

All I see Hilarious!

Rolandftw
05-02-2012, 09:44 PM

And Peyton Manning isn't for sure his old self. And even if he is, he doesn't have all star players anymore. Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Dallas Clark.
Top that with a defense that had the best DE combo, a Bob Sanders at full health, solid LB corps. All great players.

If Phillip Rivers doesn't fumble a snap, KC isn't even in position to make the playoffs.

Swear Chief fans overrate their team to the max. Such a superiority complex for such a mediocre franchise.

BroncoMan4ever
05-02-2012, 09:45 PM

so we can watch that Belicheat and his no talent cronies win when they have footage of the opposition?

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:46 PM
All I see Hilarious!

Lol Hilarious! You add Peyton Manning to any playoff team they will remain a playoff team!!!!

BroncoMan4ever
05-02-2012, 09:48 PM

don't be a hater. nobody likes haters. the Broncos won the division last year with a guy who couldn't complete 50% of his passes. we are running away with the AFC Worst this year.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 09:50 PM
If Phillip Rivers doesn't fumble a snap, KC isn't even in position to make the playoffs.

Swear Chief fans overrate their team to the max. Such a superiority complex for such a mediocre franchise.

Yeah a Chiefs fan who says the Chargers are going to win the division next year has a superiority complex Hilarious!

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Yeah a Chiefs fan who says the Chargers are going to win the division next year has a superiority complex Hilarious!

How many years has a Manning lead team faild to make the playoffs???

KCStud
05-02-2012, 10:00 PM
don't be a hater. nobody likes haters. the Broncos won the division last year with a guy who couldn't complete 50% of his passes. we are running away with the AFC Worst this year.

Denver played a last place schedule last year, Rivers was very un-Rivers like for the first time in years and the everyone in the West had devastating injuries except for the Broncos.

It was the perfect storm, just like KC in 2010.

Now you play a 1st place schedule and half of your schedule is against 2011 playoff teams and then you play teams that are much improved over last years teams such as the Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals and Panthers.

KCStud
05-02-2012, 10:05 PM
How many years has a Manning lead team faild to make the playoffs???

Manning had his system set for years in Indy. Do you think the Broncos are going to have Manning's offense completely pat this year?

Gonna be difficult to get things rollin off hand starting against the Steelers (who had a great draft and want revenge), Falcons (tough place to play), Texans (great offense, good defense) and the Patriots (who own Peyton).

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 10:06 PM
Manning had his system set for years in Indy. Do you think the Broncos are going to have Manning's offense completely pat this year?

Gonna be difficult to get things rollin off hand starting against the Steelers (who had a great draft and want revenge), Falcons (tough place to play), Texans (great offense, good defense) and the Patriots (who own Peyton).

How many years then?

Archer81
05-02-2012, 10:07 PM
Denver played a last place schedule last year, Rivers was very un-Rivers like for the first time in years and the everyone in the West had devastating injuries except for the Broncos.

Now you play a 1st place schedule and half of your schedule is against 2011 playoff teams and then you play teams that are much improved over last years teams such as the Chargers, Chiefs, Bengals and Panthers.

Yeah. Dawkins in and out of the lineup, Von breaking a thumb, Moreno tearing an ACL, Thomas missing the first 6 weeks. Not devastating at all.

And then Kuper breaking his foot off. That was fun.

:Broncos:

Archer81
05-02-2012, 10:10 PM

This might come as a shock to you, but Denver is not Indianapolis. I know. I get confused too.

Growing pains will be expected, and even if Manning is at 85%, he is still better than any other QB in the division. Our offense will be better. If the defense keeps improving, Denver will be a repeat playoff team. That's just science.

BroncoMan4ever
05-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Rivers has not gotten any more help that he greatly needed. still no replacements for LT, Turner, Sproles. loss of Jackson. mediocre OL, old defense full of recent draft picks that are nearing the level of busts.

i don't care about the Sparklers, their window has shut.

KC is not a legit threat as long as Cassel is the man under center

Oakland is still Oakland

like it or not, Denver is the best of the west.

DBroncos4life
05-02-2012, 10:16 PM
This isn't the first time Manning has played a first place schedule Hilarious!

KCStud
05-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Yeah. Dawkins in and out of the lineup, Von breaking a thumb, Moreno tearing an ACL, Thomas missing the first 6 weeks. Not devastating at all.

And then Kuper breaking his foot off. That was fun.

Von still played. Moreno sucks and McGahee is far better. Thomas came back.
Oh and Kuper broke his foot in the 2nd half of the last game of the season, so it's not like losing him had an effect on the divison considering you lost and still won the division.

Dawkins is the only one.

The rest of the AFC West lost Gates, Charles, Berry and McFadden. All of which were ranked in the top 100 by the players.

Oh and the Raiders and Chiefs lost their starting QB's for 8 or more games and had to bring in new QB's who had to learn the playbook in 2 freaking weeks.

DENVERDUI55
05-03-2012, 09:53 AM

Ah the old first place schedule argument. You act like there is a big difference. 2 games and it is a crapshoot.

Archer81
05-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Von still played. Moreno sucks and McGahee is far better. Thomas came back.
Oh and Kuper broke his foot in the 2nd half of the last game of the season, so it's not like losing him had an effect on the divison considering you lost and still won the division.

Dawkins is the only one.

The rest of the AFC West lost Gates, Charles, Berry and McFadden. All of which were ranked in the top 100 by the players.

Oh and the Raiders and Chiefs lost their starting QB's for 8 or more games and had to bring in new QB's who had to learn the playbook in 2 freaking weeks.

Hilarious!

Whatever, clownshoes.